Games we wish were real

Tfw no Ace Combat style MMO flight sim where I can fly against 1000s of players at once fighting for glorious Belka Osea get fucked.

Tfw no comfy MMORPG that actually feels like a living, breathing world with as few NPCs as possible (most things are ideally player-run), and players are encouraged to specialize in whatever aspect they want (combat, magic, commerce, politics) without an actual class system.

Tfw no proper modern WW1 game where I can be a pilot (Battlefield can fuck itself and while Verdun is fun I can't play as a pilot or tank driver)

Tfw no Kerbal Space Program style dogfighting sim where I can pit my custom planes against other players.

Tfw no PSVita Dissidia game.

Tfw no new Kirby Air Ride game

Other urls found in this thread:

alexmagnus.free.fr/Picsou/58 - The Treasure Of The Ten Avatars.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fun ones.

Fair enough

Another game in the style of Doom and its clones. Actual level design, and no hipster, cutesy artstyle garbage. All I ask for.

This is second life.

second life doesn't have combat AFAIK and is mainly inhabited by furries and other miscellaneous degenerates. Not what I would call a comfy MMO.

Something I wrote a bit ago. Hope it copies alright.

Disgaea MMO

Normal Disgaea classes apply

Any person can equip any item, obviously usefulness depends on class

Later classes can be unlocked like Final Fantasy 14 through reincarnation

Monster classes exist. There is no penalty for using the model of a low level monster if you like it.

You can reincarnate as the student/servant/whatever title of someone else. Only a low amount of students per master (2-3). Master can not reincarnate as the student of one of his students.

Can learn some skills from students. Only if you party with them though. Restrictions to skills apply either through limitations or locking you out of certain skills. You retain the learned skill if you lose your student or the student reincarnates as a new class.

Person classes can not learn 90% of monster skills. Monster classes can not learn 90% of person skills.

Need to add many more spells than original Disgaea games

Your guild is your faction

Every leveling area tier has two different possibilities. Area from 2-5 players and area for 6-10 players

Bonuses to XP (maybe others) for going in a party

Going solo is possible, but not as rewarding

Higher tier of equipment and such impossible without partying

Content focused on both dungeons and diving into your items (with the usual randomly generated maps) for better gear or improving your current gear.

Dungeons focuses more on giving the players a fun tour through specially crafted areas with lots of optional side content (a la Blackrock Depths, Stratholme from WoW).

Dungeons designed in such a way as to let the players take quick routes to their favorite bosses in 30 mins to 2 hours or spending the entire day clearing everything.

Both dungeons and item world can award you with better items.

Bosses occur in the item world as statisticians. Be careful because they're not alone!

You can of course skip floors if you wipe a lot on a floor, but you have to run for the exit!

You can transform any item to look like any other item, but only if you ranked up the item. Restrictions apply. (You want a Sword X to look like Staff Y. So you level up Staff Y. If you try to transform the look of Sword X into Staff Y it will have the stats of Sword X but will be a staff class weapon. So grinding lower level weapons to get their look is a time waster.

Guild master is named Overlord (or similar)

Overlord can create his own Castle (guild housing) in its own instance, can also designate other guild members to be architects

Dark Assembly is made out of vassals of the Supreme Overlord and you will have to convince them through quests/beating the shit out of everyone of them/bribes or just getting lucky into getting everything for your Castle like normal Disgaea.

Creating castles can be done like Minecraft/Terraria where you have to walk around or just have you flying around putting things down.

Overlord's Castle can have player housing, potential auction house, stores, item world portal, lounge area, etc.

Guild housing doubles as a guild dungeon, adding more content to the game with player created dungeons. This is also to make people put effort into their castles to show off how great their castle is.

Grind for materials to build the Overlord's Castle up to huge sizes over time. Dive into the building materials to upgrade them to higher tiers!

All PvP should have some equal rewards and/or incentive

World is not instanced, so world pvp will occur. Take cues from Hillsbrad, Stranglethorn, etc. to create areas where you have to choose one side to agree with (either guild or individual) and you become aligned with that side/town/whatever.

Battleground modes exist like capture the flag, KotH, kill the leader in a giant battle and so on.

Overlord's Castle can have a duel arena. Send your rivals duel challenges and show off your guild arena. Yours and their guild can spectate if they are in the castle (other guild formally invited to watch). Duels are scheduled by both players.

You will have to grind hard to get the highest level of PvP commendations. Only a few will ever reach the top which will have unique rewards.

Though every tier of PvP equipment will have unique rewards the best is obviously at the top.

Second Life has never felt like a living breathing world, nor is it comfy with all those autistic kids all over the place.

c'mon dude you were making such a good point before you started saying stupid shit like that.

I didn't read a word of that, but I'm assuming it's gay as fuck. kys

I only said degenerate because it's a good catch all term for weirdos, and that most of the really autistic fetishes in second life aren't just furries and I didn't feel like listing them.

There's nothing wrong with saying degenerate, especially not in the context you used it where it accurately describes any and all who use Second Life.

I was thinking of a strategy game where positioning actually matters, weapon types matter, and it actually takes intelligence to win a fight.
For example, you have a strategy game where you could choose where you start on the map, whether youre going to be attacking or defending, and can set up defenses. Having hill advantage gives bonuses and stuff like that.
Weapon types would matter in the sense that if you see the vanguard of attacking forces having mainly swords, you send out your spear guys to fuck shit up.
Flanking gives damage bonuses and actually using strategies would mean having a higher chance of winning.
I dont know, strategy games would be a lot more fun if they employed actual strategies and different ways to win. I was playing total war warhammer and there was a fight taking place inside of a cave, the whole time i was thinking why cant i just take over the exists and suffocate them by smoking it out? A strategy game where everything is taken into account would be my dream game.

it has combat and entire open PvP arenas.

Because you're unimaginative and not deep into the niche shit.
It's limited greatly by technology, such as most games that are heavily system-driven(elona, dorf fort, etc) are. Use your imagination, and get into a group of people who aren't faggots.

Life is unfair

Stop acting like a fucking furry and inserting your fetish into everything.

What supreme taste

end my suffering

shameful

What did it say?

Imagine a game like "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes"

I want a game where you are exploring a temple, maybe as a treasure hunter or archaeologist. However, you have a friend/partner who stayed topside. You make your way inside the temple, looking at the environment and describing the artwork and symbols that you see. The rooms could have a puzzle that needs solved, deathtraps that need to be escaped from, and the like, however the partner at the top has access to books that explain the legend of the civilizations, the rooms artwork providing clues about how to survive and work out the puzzles, some temples even have ancient machinery up top that can affect things in the temple.

Basically if you ever read Scrooge McDuck comics, I'd love to see a game based on The Treasure of the Ten Avatars.

alexmagnus.free.fr/Picsou/58 - The Treasure Of The Ten Avatars.pdf

War thunder?

my man

Does War Thunder have jets now?

i just cant be the only one

Stalker 2. And not some "spiritual successor" bullshit.

pleasepleaseplease Stalker ROH don't be ass
FUCK

Manhunt 3.

All the cops will be Darren Wilson parodies and the final boss will be a George Zimmerman insult.

WHAT A DAY
WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Guild Wars Utopia

A farming sim/Harvest Moon styled game that's a little more fleshed out.

Things like gaining affection from waifus by doing activities relevant to their interests i.e. farm girl likes it when you raise animals, fit girl likes it when you slay monsters and get pelts, socialite girl likes it when you talk to her and townsfolk and give gifts, book-worm girl likes it when you find lore of the land etc.

Have an in game economy that you can influence by selling crops and goods, mounts you can raise to wander around, and have your waifu come with you as a support when you go into combat. Maybe some comfy cooking minigames that gives farming and combat buffs and a customizable house too

What are "Painkiller" and "Serious Sam", Alex?

I know I'm going to get bullied for this, but furry Lost Planet.

Shut up, it would be fun, sort of like a dead space starfox while fighting giant bugs.

stop being a faggot

is right

What about game consoles I wish was real?

"fun"

i dont think you know what fun is

I think it's a vagina, so its straight if that makes it any better.

The picture was unrelated, the point is a furry lost planet would be cool. You know, because then the planet would actually be lost, hue!

yes

Star Wars Imperial Commando
Star Wars Battlefront 3 (by Free Radical)
Fallout 3 Van Buren
Maverick Hunter X2
Megaman Powered Up 2

I'd like Richard Dawkin's Evolution to be a real game: instead of going for the shitty "a whole galaxy full of nothing to do" meme, you'd have a small laboratory and a test room where you make amoeba evolve by modifying their direct environment (the test room), you could also fast forward time or go back to previous generations/evolution stages. In between R&D phases, you manage a zoo where you put all your weird creatures to please uneducated evolved apes and their offspring as they stuff their faces with salty carbohydrates. Since each creature needs their very own amount of food and specific environment to stay alive, maintaining their high-tech cell will cost money, so you need to make them evolve so they cost as little as possible to maintain, while being complex enough that people are willing to pay money to gaze into their twenty-five beautiful (and very evolutionary) eyes.

So wouldn't the whole game just be putting the creatures into consecutively cheaper environments so they evolve to be cheap, and that's it?

Getting extra money by selling acid-spitting Aliens to the military would also be cool.

Didn't know this kind of autism existed
I fucking loved it

An RPG that has dark souls combat, In Verbis Virtus magic system, and is a sandbox

That's not a gamesphere

Isn't Creatures like this?

Here's some more.

A new Command and Conquer game by Westwood Studio.

>>>/4chan/

Ghost Recon Wildlands but on the Fox Engine and a bit more refinement with it's current mechanics and elements.

Do I need to be scared that all the shit you've described, save for the robocop game, actually exists

Boy sounds fun.

Thats why I said refine.

thats pretty cool, i'd play it

A good boss heavy game with simple but hard to master combat mechanics like God-Hand. Preferably with co-op.

A Thief and the Cobbler platformer. Seriously the camera angle can work and this sequence looks like a really fun level.

Quick someone steal an idea! Where is /agdg/ when you need them?!

Drakengard/Dragon-On Dragoon 4
Nier 3
Some other spin off of an unused timeline by Taro with a AAA budget.

Not Doom clones.

Oh shit forgot

Tfw no new Jet Set Radio and JSRF PC port NEVEREVER