Steam Moderators deleting thousands of anti-Denuvo posts

((they))'re shutting it down
archive.is/HonuV

They even deleted the thread that the pic related article linked to. What the fuck.
mmoexaminer.com/anti-denuvo-outcry-takes-nier-automata-discussions/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/titoshivan
steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/135511655653618398/
whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
archive.is/1KwmL
pcgamesn.com/nier-automata/nier-automata-gamescom-interview
steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
store.steampowered.com/app/523680
steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/135510669592330940/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yesss yesss the jews never learn!

Steam is a privately owned platform, it is not a public space where you can go and say whatever the fuck you want. Yeah, it's shit that they're stifling discussion, but you can't blame them. If you owned a shop and some faggots walked in and started spouting bullshit - real or not - that began driving away customers, you'd want them off your premises as well. I'm sure there is a terms of service somewhere that says they have the right to revoke your privileges at any time and for any reason at their discretion.

Doesn't matter where you go, either. Every public forum has its own terms of service and the owners have the authority to shut down any discussion if they so choose. Places like this are about the only places you can go where dissenting opinions are actually tolerated.

Consumers are cock hungry sluts. You think this is going to deter people from using Steam? Nah, outrage only lasts so long before people lose interest and pine for their perceived conveniences. You don't want to stand for this? What're you going to do? Write a fucking letter? Steam/Valve doesn't give a fuck, and they have more than enough shills and dumb apologists to go on damage control and dampen any manner of outrage.

but Gabe spoke out against overzealous DRM
I understand Square Enix shutting it down but his own moderation team? he doesn't need to help ((them))

my fucking sides

Don't games have their own moderators in their specific forum?

And Free Speech is not even what the thread is about. So you're derailing the thread and hurting your own point by doing so because people will get a knee-jerk effect from your post.

You jews never learn, do you?

yes

I love all the implications that pirates would buy the game if they couldn't pirate it.
I mean there's a lot of shills here that are posting their pre order proofs (Fallout 4 all over again) but overall there are more people that will be turned away by invasive protection or will wait for a sale or a crack instead of buying it day one

wew
w e w
I'm willing to bet he can't back up any of those claims.

Steam's moderators were the ones that closed the thread. His name is Tito Shivan and he has global privileges

steamcommunity.com/id/titoshivan

do you think that will stop anyone?

even a DRMcuck that was shitting on Alexander is saying that the lock was unnecessary after he said they could keep it contained to a single thread

steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/135511655653618398/

Missed the first post? You shills aren't very good on Holla Forums.

CPY will get it in a few days, not sure what these people are bitching about

I suppose it's all good as long as pic related applies

kek
Hell, I was planning on buying Automata day one until I found out it uses denuvo. Now I'm waiting on CPY.

Because it's DRM that only punishes legit customers. Once it gets cracked, it will only be a matter of time before resolution fix is available too.

Nigga no. Each game's Steam Discussion page is run by the developers themselves.

Shit doesn't help, you're right, but who cares >year of the Linux desktop actually happens
Not gonna happen anytime soon if normalfags are the primary demographic of vidya

Yeah not sure why Denuvo is even worth the investment; everything is crackable, no exceptions, and everything that is crackable will be cracked, no exceptions.

It is the way of the internet.

999+/10 clapped really hard

And you're such a corporate cocksucker that you don't even care that your game will be unplayable when they decide to shut down the servers?

I don't need your thread to tell me Steam's official game forums are all unmitigated shit. It's the same as going to any company's forum and shitting on their product. If you expected anything else, you're either underage or clinically retarded. This thread is pointless.

Are you such a retard you don't know what CPY is? Like god damn m8 get off your shitpost mode.

Check the fucking thread. Tito Shivan is a global moderator and he was the one that "accidentally" deleted thousands of posts while "merging" them.

Read the thread.

I remember some user saying one of the terms is that if the game doesn't get cracked within a certain amount of time, the company licensing it gets a partial refund or something. I guess they're banking on impatience resulting in sales.

heh enjoy your censorship
t. still plays elona

that post heh.
at most 1 week their getting better and better at cracking that shitty drm.

It's a big mcfuckhueg gaem and it has last gen hash of denuvo. It'll be cracked in a few days, if not a few hours. There is a new hash from a new algorithm of denuvo out but N:A won't have it, Mass Defect 4 might though (not that you might want that but it's another game coming out relatively soon, next Tuesday).

Most people when you sit down and explain what DRM is and what it does, they think it's as awful as we do

If you don't care about muh consumer rights, do it for your vidya

What is the hindrance of Denuvo if you are a disgusting buyfag ?

Cpu usage ?

this logic

Read the archived thread that ((they)) locked. It explains what could happen to muh denuvo games regardless of a crack.

It's the Steam forums, for fuck's sake. Being a steam user by default means that you don't care.

You can never own the game by cracking the executable so you will always need steam to play, you can never repack vastly improving resource usage, you can only use your saves on that install copy, you are limited to downloads, you can't use editors, etc.

Why don't you voluntarily clean my cock faggot

a post said basically the full complete game and its exe came with the trial so expect mass effect even sooner probably

Being a steam forum user means you're a sodomite who loves publisher cock jammed so far up your ass it ruptures you organs.

Do you have more SJS5 alien girl pics?

end this meme
I have plenty of DRM-free games on Steam. One of them released yesterday (the new Styx game where you're a sneaky goblin)

The fuck is up with these people? These have to be shills, why the fuck would you advocate a DRM service that only fucks with your game more than it actually helps it?

yes

Based user. Thank you. I know what Im shitposting with

And you're so fucking stupid that you would support DRM just because it can be cracked? Why are you such a fucking retard and why are you trying to defend things that fuck over legitimate customers?

Go ahead, keep rewarding them for treating you like absolute shit. Then you can be all surprised in a few years when every fucking game comes with more and more restrictive DRM and you have to pray that the games you like actually get cracked and not just the AAA shit, so that you can keep playing them once they shut the servers down three years later.

Why are you cocksuckers so determined to support things that are objectively bad for the consumer and that have absolutely zero advantages?

I've seen literally hundreds of posts from people with 200+ games saying "Denuvo is my favorite DRM"

Don't be surprised if you walk out the door and you see someone wearing a Denuvo shirt on. Apparently there are actual fans of it.

I like how the first episode for the season barely came out and people are already in love with one of the characters that, chances are, wont make a return
But I wouldn't put it past the writers

Companies use Denuvo to secure the game at release. It doesn't matter to them if it gets cracked a month or two later.

Even if true it's irrelevant. Most pirates aren't going to buy a game just because they can't pirate it, they'll go play something else instead.

Alexander DeLarge are you on here? I saw you talking about how Yoko Taro visited full/v/ when someone said we don't matter.

You may be an autist replying to the denuvo shills 24/7 but you're one of us.

whyisdenuvobad.github.io/

Jesus Christ man.
Reading through those posts of "hurrrr ur being paranoiddd, its no big deal, THEY WILL FIX IT". "A multimillion dollar company always has MY best interest in mind". Fucking stomach turning.
Sometimes, we get the world we deserve.

1080p/60fps hard lock here we come.

This is going to be a dogshit-tier port isn't it?

Be honest, did you make this same thread on halfchan?

Oh. Oh, you really did.
archive.is/1KwmL

I have a toaster tier pc, so naturally am gonna wait for the pirate version however long it's gonna take. If it runs I'm gonan buy a legitimate copy. Am I alone in my autismo?

please translate the moonrunes on that spiral jimmy rustler

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sometimes the ends justify the means.

Please tell me he is joking and the game doesnt have that

Oh fuck, that's a good read, I'm saving that for the next time someone asks why denuvo is bad, thank you user.

I'm going to post on reddit too once my account is 24 hours old

Nope
pcgamesn.com/nier-automata/nier-automata-gamescom-interview

It just says "that really rustled my jimmies"
それは本当に私のジミーを振る

Question to the console fags, it Yoko Taro said something about wanting to implement a boss fight that purposefully lowers the game fps count. Did the moonman actually do that?

and a ching chong ping pong to you user

Remove yourself

I don't see why they have to punish legitimate buyers with Denuvo.
They should only put it on the pirated versions

Oh goddammit, they're making really fucking hard to even consider buying this game. 1080 looks fucking wonky ever since I got my 4k monitor.

As it should. It's a fourth of the resolution.

Just confirmed. No review copies from multiple sources. Goddamn it.

Don't whine about the Chinese if you're going to be such a blatant statist hypocrite, m8.

*sigh*

How many times do we have to tell you that Denuvo is perfectly justified and it's never going to be cracked. So pay up already, goyi- I mean, guys.

whats the streisand effect again?

I was going to buy this but I guess I'll just pick up the Turok 2 remaster when it's released tomorrow and pirate Nier instead.

Some people are just fucking retarded shiteaters. There's no saving them. You just have to cut them out of your life where you can.

Woah woah there.
There's people on 8ch not using Linux?
Fucking casual normalfags. This board has been compromised. We need a crash

Assuming they're playing NieR, there's going to be a lot of people not on Linux since Denuvo games don't run through WINE even with a crack

What in the actual fuck. What is there to be a fan of for fucks sake?

The reason we are here.

Christ, that picture is at least 12 years old.
that cat is probably dead by now ;_;

If you try to suppress something on the internet it only attracts more attention to it.
History behind the phrase is that some barely known academic web page on the subject of erosion along the Californian coastline had some aerial pictures of said coastline. One of those pictures had an aerial shot of Barbara Streisand's mansion (which looks like your typical garish oversized Hollywood mansion) and her lawyers went apeshit which had the effect of making said picture go viral.

Not only are there DRM fans, there's a guy posting on the NieR forums that admits that we're fucked if Denuvo goes down… And he fixes Denuvo games like Tales of Berseria (and restricts his fixes to uncracked copies)

I want to get off this wild ride.

Yep, people play games on their pee-see
shocking

Lol What were you expecting?
The port of MGSmeh was so-so.

The cat has been immortalized through memes. It can never really die.

I found the port amazing, what was flawed about it to make it so-so?

thanks infoanon.

MGR could be fixed through hexedits for the most part, Denuvo prevents that because it's literally anti-tampering technology

Woah

MGS ran like butter for me tbh. It was the one thing the game did well.

I think that's ironic shitposting. I refuse to believe normalfags are that retarded.

Jesus Christ
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/reddit/

confused but also boner

why does that guy have a P as a head?

He's the Producer, I believe, from a series of idolshit games. It's meant to make it easier for waifufags to self-insert.

Because it is haram to show men in Japan.

fuck off

This one

Is just a way of getting anons to dilute their standards for immigrant assimilation - this kills imageboards.
xD check'em

Cuckchan get out.

Pure coincidence I suppose?

This is what happens when you run out of images on a fresh install

Stop with this stupid meme. That was not my intent.

underaged faggot get out

blow your brains out kike

Cuckchan Holla Forums. Stay there.

I barely use steam. But I know its already a DRM itself, so why the fuck are they forcing double DRM on everyone? What does Denuvo do any different that they would fall over themselves to censor dissent against it

If your intent was to be a cumguzzling faggot, you've fucking nailed it.

I don't care about the opinion of a subhuman

Because steam DRM is about as effective as a "do not copy pls" .txt being in the game files.

HE DOESN'T DO THE ECHOS RIGHT
HE'S A JEW
DIE IN PISS JUDEN FILTH
DIE IN PISS JUDEN FILTH
DIE IN PISS JUDEN FILTH
DIE IN PISS JUDEN FILTH
DIE IN PISS JUDEN FILTH
DIE IN PISS JUDEN FILTH
DIE IN PISS JUDEN FILTH
DIE IN PISS JUDEN FILTH

shingeki no kyojin is actually a well done manga. You're fucking retarded if you think everything that has popularity is automatically bad.

Fuck off steamcuck

Free speech is protected from both state and corporate actors interference. It doesn't matter what corporate thinks of it, what matters is that it's us protecting it.

Check, check and check.

But where is all the 2B/9S /ss/ famalams?

Nigger, try reading the posts again. It's not "support DRM just because it can be cracked", it's "not giving a fuck about DRM because it can be cracked". There's being a Denuvo normalfag fanboy, there's autistic anti-Denuvo, and then there's pirates who don't give a fuck and sitting on the sideline waiting for it to be cracked.
Take your "if you're not with us, you're against us" back to a certain board you come from.

You must have missed the part where titans were jews all along. Even diehard fans at this point are begging for release.

See it is far more anti consumer than most DRM.

It's at times like this, that you shills make it evident that no one suggests games day ones if he's not paid to.

Completely braindead

This nigga gets it, IP/copyright/patents are legally enforced monopolies on products that have zero value.

Face it, in the digital age no product has any value because it has infinite supply. Anything with infinite supply cannot have a value unless it is controlled by a monopoly, and that's exactly what copyright law does.

Pirates are merely offering a better product for a cheaper cost yet corporatecucks condemn them because "piracy is stealing :(((((((((((("

If I know the recipe of a McDonalds hamburger, have the ingredients, and the means to make it, am I stealing a hamburger when I cook one? This also disproves the "lost profits" argument because McDonalds does lose potential profit when I make a burger that I would have otherwise gotten there.

The difference is that making copies of hamburgers takes ingredients and a bit of effort while making copies of programs merely requires electricity, hard drive space, and access to the internet. To anyone who has those three the process is trivial which means the only reason you should ever pay for a game is if you would donate to the developer or find the service convenient, which is where we come to the famous GabeN quote. In many respects Steam is more convenient than pirating and this is enough for people (when you add in the donating to developers thing) to convince the majority of people to use it.

tl;dr piracy isn't stealing because copying McDonald's hamburger recipe isn't stealing

wew lad. talk about being presumptions and dire for anything to shitpost with

It was cool when this game/series wasn't so extremely popular. What the fuck even happened? So many people played this without playing the first or drakengard games. Fucking bandwagoning niggera

Why is everyone making such a big deal out of a hard to crack DRM? This is the future that most PC users have chosen by having a Steam account

This. This is the future they chose
This is what they get for the sins they've committed.
Put your money where your DRMloving mouth is

and what does denuvo do thats any different.

Any more shit taste you want to share? Ponies? Steven Universe? Might as well let it all out now.

>>>/NeoGaf/

What is that image from?

Because Steam is trivial to crack (also not all Steam games have DRM).

end this meme

see

Steam is not DRM, Steamworks is a DRM service which developers can choose to include in their game when they put it on Steam but it is entirely optional.

In the same breath as

You played yourself nigga, even thinking WE WUZ TITANZ is well done is a symptom of a severe brain condition.

My points stands whether SnK is bad/ok/good or not. Just because something is mainstream doesn't mean its inherently bad. Stop being a fucking hipster.

I don't mind steamworks, muh cloud saves are nice and it doesn't really stop me from doing anything.

It's the least draconian DRM ever.

Or maybe because it's just trash?

*you only hate it

Denuvo is shit but a few of these don't even have to do with Denuvo.

That's all on Steam. Steam does that. That's not Denuvo. It's a valid complaint about Steam, but it has nothing to do with Denuvo. It happens with Denuvo-protected games and non-DRM games alike.

Darkspore's servers going down are a result purely of EA coding the game to, even in single-player, require an online connection to their servers, like the new SimCity release. It didn't have to do with Denuvo or any specific DRM (besides the always-online requirement for single-player, which is always fucking stupid).

What the fuck does this even mean? If you buy a non-Denuvo game on Steam, you still lose access to it if you lose your Steam account. That has nothing to do with Denuvo, that's a result of Steam's business practices.

People like the AoT anime because the directing is good on the first seven episodes, enough to carry the audience through the rest of the season. The second season is the true test, as it'll cover material in the manga that lost loads of readers.

First bullet point is enough for me. Why is this acceptable? I've never had an issue with transactions but shit goes wrong online. so locking out your whole library because they fucked up seems like the biggest bunch of shit iv ever heard of. What are you supposed to do, make a whole new account and start from scratch to play games you already own, and have to rebuy them?

Fuck this denjewvo

It will be defended by that Holla Forumsmmie just like Samurai Jack season 5 is being defended by them.

I wish i had that int image right now

SnK is a well done manga in certain ways. You're belittling the plot because the twist is Titans were originally humans. SnK is still shonen and shonen as a genre is limited. Again, SnK is not even a show Id consider favorite or top ten by any means.
I could debate you here but thats completely off topic. The Reaction image is from back in the day when it was AOTS flavor. It fit my post. I used it. Truth of the matter is you're just looking for some munition to shitpost. And that's just sad.

If you were baiting me to reply seriously there you go congratulations.

TLDR: People can use Reaction images that they like and they don't necessarily have to be related to what they play or watch as long as its a good reaction image.

I'm fairly sure the image is from one of those auto-generated virus/spam sites that sit on old domain names/domains with slightly misspelled names.

Could just link the /a/ thread >>>/a/625527
Go post in Samurai Jack threads on Holla Forums instead.

ya last number of chapters killed that shit for me

Jesus, the influx of tryhard newfags with no taste has gotten that bad, has it?

Have you taken a look at Holla Forums? There's at least three threads trying to nitpick that single episode over completely pointless shit.

What the fuck happened all of a sudden?

Are you actually going
The episode was garbage. Deal with it.

SnK had a very promising idea of humanity being cornered into a tiny patch of land of the world while the Titans roaming around, like animals in a zoo being watched by human. At the core, it's nothing new as humanity being almost wiped out and retreating to a safe haven is done to death already, but never before had there been a mainstream product featuring gigantic humanoid monstrous creation.
Also, the human in SnK universe is believable. You have a protagonist with strong will who wants to avenge his parents and protect his sister who isn't even bound by blood but by family value. You have jealous turds who look down on people, you have ditz who joins the army just to support her belly, you have elites who is serious about their job 24/7 but still care about their subordinates in their own ways and it shows. Everyone was full of life and the world was painted as a dangerous and mysterious place.
And then everything crumbled down, the main character becomes a killing machine that wins fight by emotion, and then a killing machine that's HURR SO SMART IT COVERS ITS WEAK SPOT because it turns out to be a human turning titan whoops.
It's all downhill the moment Eren put that fucking rock in the hole.

Its funny because S5 of SJ is better than any episode of S1. and Holla Forums loves S1. theyre really nitpicking pointless shit, when if you look at gendy's past work a lot of his previous seasons have much major flaws. and also worse animation.

This is fucking copypasta material.

"Revolution 60 is a well done game in certain ways. You're belittling the plot because the twist is Brianna Who was originally male. Revolution 60 is still adventure and adventure as a genre is limited. Again, Revolution 60 is not even a game Id consider favorite or top ten by any means.
I could debate you here but thats completely off topic. The Reaction image is from back in the day when it was Holla Forums flavor. It fit my post. I used it. Truth of the matter is you're just looking for some munition to shitpost. And that's just sad.

If you were baiting me to reply seriously there you go congratulations.

TLDR: People can use Reaction images that they like and they don't necessarily have to be related to what they play or watch as long as its a good reaction image."

Reminds me of the time Dragon's Dogma was pirated before it was actually released. Hell, I even preordered the game after I toyed around with it.

Pretty nice user

I really did not give much of a fuck about the midget cult but the fight with the assassin was entertaining. Should have been 2 different episode plots.

Publishers don't get it. Denuvo drives customers away too.

Underrated post in a sea of piss.

No please do go off topic on how SnK is a good manga
LOL
in certain ways
LOL
Your dialogue with be very informative and enlightening

I'm not even defending SnK. I agree with the shit is flawed and went full shonen. I liked the first season of the anime it was well done. hence my image was from that. I like the effort the mangaka puts in some details when he does effort. He has a big cast of characters and he pays attention to their development and intermingles them.

I don't know what you're trying to accomplish by being a faggot user. I'm sorry people read chinese drawings you don't like.

It's probably the same faggot from the other thread that it's still angry because not everyone shares his opinion

Anyways I think this thread already derail enough, so I'm gonna ask: Is the game any good or is just people going "muh waifu"? also how is the story to someone that never played the Nier games, or I necessarily have to play them before this one?

Wew

And they won't. Big businesses are so jewish, even the promise of small gains is reason enough to do stupid shit that will most likely blow-up in their face.
t. Business major

Gabe spoke out against overzealous DRM and lately has been running his mouth about how Valve isn't interested in singleplayer games whatsoever and that modders should be paid for their work (so Steam can get a cut of the profits by distributing via Greenlight and the Workshop). The Gabe then and the Gabe now are two completely different people.

The premise is kind of flawed. The "no Denuvo" games were released up to several years before the Denuvo games. Of course they're going to have significantly higher sale counts.

What you need to do is find sales information in the first year and do a comparison of THOSE numbers. I'm sure the results will be equally devastating for Denuvo, without the obvious nitpick of "those games are older, so of course they have more sales."

Hah, next you will tell me that Bioware isn't an amazing company. Completely ridiculous.

To be fair, all of those non-Denuvo titles have been out for a few years at least, giving them time to build up a userbase through discounts. Don't get me wrong, I hate DRM and refuse to buy anything with it. Just playing devils advocate.

On the other hand, Homefront: Revolution did have Denuvo removed from the game, so it must have actually impacted sales to a degree.

I rather have poor tastes in manga than be a colossal faggot who gets upset that people like things one doesn't

Not to mention how many of those normalfags bought the game with Denuvo with the excuse "I had no choice"?
They are so uninformed at this point, it's so bad that even if given the choice they wouldn't know, or wouldn't care.

DRM is so fucking frustrating because there is no good way to fight it. If a game does poorly, DRM will never be looked at as a possible reason. If a game does great, it will be looked at as proof that having DRM on a game doesn't hurt sales. Literally the only thing that can be done is to make enough of an uproar to make it seem like PR suicide to use it, but this is tough because "game journalists" love the thought of DRM and most people just don't care.

I am still buying Nier because I am a cock gobbling faggot, but I am really fucking happy to see people speaking against it somewhere that the devs can see.

Even accounting for their point in their respective lifespans, these games are performing terribly.

What's so frustrating, wanting to play a bunch of shitty Denuvo games?

just wait a week you fucking moron, we don't even know if the port is playable

and for the record, my tastes in manga are immaculate. I recently read all of urasawa's work, and I'm enjoying The Promised Neverland. if you want to actually shitpost, I welcome you to try and do so on actual shows worth discussing.

You're right, but the developer needs to be compensated in some way. Creating a copy costs nothing at all, so why should we have to pay for the copies individually? The copies are worthless, but the work out into making the content in the first place obviously isn't. I thought crowdfunding might be a way to solve the problem: the developer is paid to do the work (the only thing that actually has value) and then the game is released. But obviously that has been nothing but a monumental failure with current platforms. They get funded to make it with Kickstarter and then they sell it too! With no profits given to the investors but some stupid "backer rewards". Or with Patreon/continued donations where they decide to never finish the game because it's more profitable to. So what would' work? Maybe some kind of publicly funded open source development where potential consumer/investors know exactly what is happening so as to avoid the typical kikestarter scam- with a contract to meet development goals by specified times.

I have no idea what kind of system will eventually work, but the old "pay for a copy" method is long overdue for a dirtnap in the modern world.

DRM is DRM, you retards.

You like AOT, that's the de facto definition of colossal faggot user.Also you seems pretty butt flustered

At least wait after release user, it's not like the game will just sold out from Steam

But they aren't. They churn out writing of the quality you find on fanfiction.net and probably hire people from there. Their Sonic RPG was basically a piece of dog shit.

I can literally buy a DRM-free game on it, put it on a flash drive and play it on a PC that has never been connected to the internet

It's not DRM. If a developer chooses, it can essentially be GOG

The only other possible method that immediately comes to my mind (apart from buying a copy) is to have games locked to online storefronts which consumers have to pay monthly subscriptions to access. Consumers pay the storefront every month, the storefronts use profits from those subscriptions to pay a lump sum to a publisher for unlimited copies of games to provide to subscribers, and publishers pay the developers.

The faults with such a system are numerous and patently obvious. Honestly, it's best that Steam never even gets the goddamned idea in their head.

that's the thing though, IF they choose, and it's the minority. For years Steam required you to be online to even run the game. This is a new thing that's not going to be the norm.

I didn't know braindead people could post.

part of being a person with taste is enjoying the good things of both promising and ordinary work. Part of being a good consumer is knowing how to wait for good work and knowing to appreciate the good things of small things.

I see you're still going with the only verbal assault you have. I guess you're not very bright. Not worth discussing with. Sad

That's a surprise to absolutely no one that knows the Square Enix (((communities)))

literally mouthbreathing

Can you please take a pic of your arts majo?

Anyone using Steam in current year is a cuck. period.

I know braindead people can like Bioware's shitty excuses for games

I can take a pic of your whiny hurt feelings because I pirate games and don't support shit business models

The white people version of "gibs me dat", more prevalent since you found a rich businessman to elect as president. I'll stick to my 100% free games with the DRM removed.

I'll say keep the DRM, bring back the fucking demos.
I got to test the game, you got the protection for the few months that matter

You type like a parody. Also part of a good consumer is recognizing shit when you see it, and i can smell your shit taste fro here

yes, every game also requires an authentication ticket. You can't just uninstall a game, go offline, and then play it. If you do not boot it before you are offline, steam in offline mode will see the data, know it downloaded for your account and through valve's servers, but refuse to launch the game because it was never authenticated by daddy.

Their "fixing" offline mode did not include fixing the retarded authentication process, just extended the usability period from 2 weeks to a month. What a mistake.

install, not uninstall. My mistake.

What the fuck does that have to do with my post, cumflake?

My fucking sides, you may be retarded but you've at least launched something into a low orbit.

This game looks like shit, irrespective of the platform.

Shareware. It was a good system.

Let me guess you also like SnK and Samurai Jack season 5?

this is not an argument. anybody talking about steam as a DRM issue is talking about steamworks, and every steam game does require authentication before you can play them offline.

I guess the launcher in my game folder suddenly stopped existing when you said that.

you ran the games once through steam before creating a shortcut. Every game requires it.

A shit show is Steven Universe. That's a show you know it's shit from the very beginning.
SnK season 1 anime was well done. We'll see if season 2 keeps the quality.
Clearly you have no munition. You keep going with the same insult.
You're typing fast to the point you have poor grammar. Testament of the need to reply fast.
Your attitude is of a faggot in every post. I thought you were a person who had taste and knew about anime but guess you're just a shitposter. Shouldn't have wasted time giving you (yous). I feel relieved you're nothing special.

Yeah you're a faggot. Into the trash you go.

???

Just forget the bullshit that was SecuRom and Starforce goy! Also forget that the fags who made Denuvo are the same exact people who made SecuRom! Remember the 666 infinitillion lost sales from piracy!

install a never before played game, close steam, disconnect from the internet, attempt to play the game.

Do you have trouble following what I'm saying?

I had this discussion before, but there is a model on Steam right now that works IMO.
The game itself is completely free, but, you can choose to pay for "DLC" that is in fact only donations, there is no extra content being delivered. This way you can play the game, and, if you found it worth your time, you can pay the developer as much as you want. He gets his part and Steam also gets it's sharing for keeping the system working. So far, is the best system I can think because there is no reason to pirate.
The game I've seen using it was this: store.steampowered.com/app/523680

Give me one reason to believe you're not baiting.

steam_api.dll

So you are baiting.

Reality is such a fun place user, come down and play with us. Try to be objective, the other user is right, they aren't going to drop the DRM so at least give me a demo so i can throw your shit game before paying. However DRM and lack of demos go hand in hand, ain't just a funny coincidence?
Also SnK is still shit, and i'm getting the impression you are really too emotive about it, which it makes me think you really love that shitwreck.

A friend of mine bought DA:I because of denuvo and later pirated Witcher 3 because it didn't have it.
It works for retards who can't wait and don't give a fuck about supporting decent devs.

I don't know where you came from, but you need to leave.

He's alive and well, he's laying right behind me.

Your argument is moot. Using Steam to begin with is supporting DRM. Yes, you can circumvent it in minor cases, but for the majority of cases its DRM. Like has stated.

I am right, and you do not know what you are talking about.

post cat then

In all seriousness user, all of those denuvo games were not worth buying in the first place.

I'd buy it day one if they released it DRM free. As is, I'll wait until I can pirate.

wew

Are you retarded?

…wait, are you referring to the installation process?

Because no shit you have to connect to Steam when you download the game to download the game from Steam's servers. I might be misunderstanding you, but if THAT'S what you're complaining about then you're using DRM in the most absolute restrictive definition possible in a way that literally no digital storefront can ever claim to be DRM free.

If they put demos the current generation might realize what theyre buying is shit. Now, if we're being realistic why would they even do that?You're contradicting yourself since you're aware DRM and lack of demos go hand in hand. I don't know what you're trying to achieve by defending DRM and giving dead end solutions.

We have IDs you inbreed mongoloid.

What's bad about Samurai Jack season 5 so far? There's not even enough to tell

itch.io has a similar model too for some games

This tbh fam.

after the game is installed and downloaded in its entirety, you must run the game while online at least once or else your copy is never authenticated.

Learn to read, and you do not know what you are talking about.

As a life long guro fan, SnK is literally guro for normals. It's not a gateway. It's just there to expose them to stuff they don't normally see.

I don't agree that it was well done. In my opinion, it felt like I was watching Gundam AGE but with Fleshy People Bots as opposed to Fleshy Dragon Bots.

They could have presented the developments better, something a tad more natural. Half way through the show it felt like they hit one of the hardest natural problems of basing a show on an ongoing manga.
Going past the material already provided.
At that point it has to make it's choice to be exactly like the manga OR go in it's own direction.
Whenever a show hits that point, the events all seem rushed and unnatural to the overall plot.

But whatever. Don't mind me. Just had to pop in.

If the developer keeps making good products, people will support them.

not quite, just look at agatsuma.

You are really braindead.
What do you think is more probable, corporations dropping DRM, which will make piracy easier, which will make testing a game easier, which is nearly the same as a demo but with the entire game?
Or putting out a demo in similar fashion they do with console, ex. Nier? Or how they did in the past?
Or millions of idiots will just wake up with a brain?

Nothing wrong with S5. user is just a faggot

SnK isn't guro though
but I agree with what you said. Thankfully they chose respecting the manga, but i totally feel what you said.

Reminder that consolefags have been falseflagging as pirates and that this game will be cracked as piracy continues to exist and thrive
Reminder to pirate everything
Reminder to support devs you like
Reminder to not fall for bait

people who pirate games do so most of the time because it's free. They don't have the money to spend on games. The "goodness of your heart" pirates are a minority. As are pirates with a "moral justification." You don't actually believe that shit, do you?

This. This is the only solution.

Want to play a fun game? Compare the sales of your favorite lesser known title to Goat Sim. Do your best to resist the urge to kill yourself, it's a very difficult game to play.

Just like no site on the internet is a public place, you fucking idiot.

Butttlicking cunt.

Different angle and lighting, couldn't get the bastard to do the same thing.

I just tested this on two separate games, Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII. I installed the games (neither of which I had ever run before), exited from Steam, disconnected from the internet, and then ran the executables from the game folders. They both started up fine.

I have no idea what you're on about that every game has to be run once while online before it can be played at all.

The braindead one is you. You beseech objectivity yet you're delluded. Demos aren't coming back. They're aware it hurts sales more than helps. I'm sure some devs will allow demos when they know their game is good. They still exist after all. Berseria threw a demo before launching because they were confident in their battle gameplay. but for the most part shit devs won't do it.

What i wrote made you think otherwise?
Publishers aren't going to drop DRM, hell even indie devs consider using DRM like Denuvo and that cost.We can rule this out.
Millions of "gamer" waking up to patently anti consumer policies? Not going to happen
Getting a demo seems the more probable one.However this too isn't going to happen.
In the end, this is a good temporary solution

weeb game for lolifuckers. I'll get right on it.

Why do you think I've been pushed so far away from PC gaming? It's not just the increasingly poor new release list, it's not just the loss of proper SDKs for games, it's not just the continued ramping up of anal fucking DRM and jewish hardware practices, it's ultimately the fucking people.

I will never know anyone dumber, with as shit taste than a PC gamer. The kind who will praise planescape torment for its writing to high heaven, but when asked about game play they'll point to mediocre simon says combat in shit like mount & blade, be baffled at the existence of PVK2, and eat up whatever garbage memeware they can to fit in.

I don't like console gamers but I don't care about them. I don't care about the millions who play cod on a PS4. I don't care about the dozens who own an xbox one. I don't care about the idiots who bought nintendo switches. These people don't bother me, I never fucking interact with them. In real life if someone's talking about games I don't care. They are clearly enjoying themselves and that's fine. But there is no bigger condescending retards than the delusional PC gamer. They know nothing about markets, about game development, even the technology they jerk off to - they know fucking dick.

You are lying. A proper test would be deleting steam, the authentication process must be done.

There are anons in this very thread defending DRM. It's pathetic. Of course, same user is the one who doesn't know how IDs work on 8ch.

PURE COINCIDENCE

it's the highest skill sidescrolling platformer known to man. Unparalleled depth and superb level design. How did PC gamers, on the platform where indies and the niche supposedly thrive?

Why, buy so few copies the publisher goes out of business, of course. Despite sales.

Shilling exists on video game boards? No fucking way.

Well, you've got me. I'm not going to delete my Steam installation to please your whims. Round goes to you, I guess.

SnK is a shit anime where the faggot of the creator changed the ending and story to milk Reddit/Tumblr, aka you.

They've already confirmed that the anime will differ from the manga and said manga is fucking trash with the worst lore I have ever seen.

Everyone is living on an alternate world where theres a race that transforms into Titans and dominates the planet, some other race rebels and kills them all and makes them stuck into an island where the brainless Titans, which are experiments to create Titans out of their own race, are also disposed of.
The King of the Titans back then creates the walls.

They become stuck in the Medieval age and forget their past all the while there are other Titans contracted by the other race to give them a Titan serum.

In the Mainland, the other Race treats the Titan race like Kikes in a WWI setting, Erens dad escaped from the Kike camps.

Its fucking trash and you should feel bad for liking that garbage, even modern Berserk is better than that garbage.

And unlike most lore where you become more interested the deeper you go into it, the deeper you go into this trash the less interesting and more poorly written you understand it is.

ATTACK ON TITAN IS FUCKING GARBAGE OUTSIDE ITS MAIN PREMISE WHICH GOT THROWN INTO THE TRASH THE SECOND EVERYONE COULD BECOME A FUCKING TITAN

It is your civic duty as a member of this board to call out when you see a shill, user. Show your patriotism. Defend your borders. Fight for freedom.

tbh attack on titan went to shit after about the third or fourth episode. I don't remember. By episode 10 it was irredeemable.

I'm just talking about the anime. calm your autism, user.

Context you illiterate nigger.
Defending DRM is taking the part of it. I'm not. I'm stating that between publisher dropping DRM totally and keeping the DRM while churning out a demo has an higher probability, since it happened before. Does this mean it will? No, of course, you are more probable to die in an auto crash than a plane, it means it's going to happen?
At what use is crying like a bitch "muh DRM" "I want DRM out" when shit is not going to happen?

I always defend DRM and censorship.
I don't know why I do it, I don't actually believe in what I say.
I guess bait has become so ingrained in me I just produce it without thinking.

Just pretend that you did it and say you were right. and tell user to test it for himself. In the end he either is right but had to delete his steam, or he gives up and you win. It's a win/win situation.

It's your civic duty to never buy games, ever, so that this whole irredeemable industry crashes, indies and big publishers alike.

Oh look, its the 800$ Saturn owning Sony cocksucking autist yet again.

are you pretending mount & blade has good combat that isn't shallow and boring

(checked)
Well said, my friend

Mount and Blade has shit combat, fam.

It's a big sandbox for autists. nothing else.

while I don't agree with your perception of steam, I'm glad we can see eye to eye here.

Cuckchan incarnate

Some of those games have been bundled, and not in recent times but back when they were way fewer and had much more sales.individually.
Some of those games can be bought outside of steam (not counting console sales for some of those either but I don't think it would change much).
One of the Denuvo game has had a surge of sales since becoming DRM free and since there's no clear date for those number it could make a sizable difference.
Blood Dragon is half price a spin off and it's not the game that came before Primal so it has no place here.

I would suggest people play dark souls so they can at least see competent combat with a sense of actual challenge to it, but I have to say after about 30 hours of M&B and about 14 of warband, there's a good reason I never returned. Just not fun. AI is pathetic. No difficulty, no depth, no sense of mastery. It's boring. You can't even defend it with proof of depth. Because you know there is none.

What do you mean it isn't the norm? The only DRM thing about Steam is Steamworks which is entirely optional (which gives the customer plenty of advantages to the point where people would rather have Steamworks than DRM-free).

Aren't all of those game shit though? That seems to be a bigger factor all over around

it is close, but it's not the same cat, the one posted earlier has more white on head
sorry user, your cat isn't famous

Sure, they are definitely more difficult than mount & blade which makes it a joke to take on hordes of the braindead magnetism AI.

nuTR is actually worse than ROTTR not by much but still
Absolution seems worse than Hitman 2016
Homefront is of comparable quality to H:TR
Limbo is pretty much the same deal as INSIDE
Quality doesn't seem to be the primary factor here

Back to your Saturn you go consolefag casualnigger

I'm happy you're so easily entertained. This doesn't make the game deep or magically fix the overly simplistic combat. It's not just combat that's simple, everything is simple in the game.

I'm happy you enjoy it, but you really have no right or reason to look down on anyone else by pretending your game has any merit.

It had some really retarded issues like crashing on launch if your monitor wasn't using HDMI, and needing hex-editing to force any resolutions the game arbitrarily didn't let you select. The former was patched around a month or two after release. The later was never fixed. It also had the classic 1080p/60fps hard cap.

The listed minimum requirements alone convinced me the port is going to be shit.
i5-4670 and a GTX770 to play the game at minimum settings 720p fucking what?

It has me worried because I can't fix an unplayable port with piracy, like I can their shit DRM. Not like it matters either way, since Denuvo + their behaviour on the forums means I'll never buy it regardless.

But if it's the DRM why the fuck people bought the other older games, which had a DRM too? I understand Denuvo is much more cancer than your normal DRM but that difference seems really too big to be only its fault

Don't trust the requirements, they just use what they have around or what they are payed to say it needs

Except the manga wasn't popular at all.

Oh guess that makes it ok then soz lol

Stop posting Saturnfag

since when did I say the AI in souls games is good? Do you invent your opposition as you dig yourself deeper or do you actually have an argument?

The AI in the souls games is still better than the M&B AI due to its animations and aggression patterns. Also has more interesting states too.

I'm cynical, so that paired with a review embargo and Denuvo is basically every possible red flag they could throw at me short of flat out admitting the port is shit themselves.

>Everything is simple
2/10
Try again

Not to defend SnK but, it was deemed popular enough to air an anime, and the anime became a normalfag success in 2014

you haven't made any arguments. What's so complex about simon says combat? You have inertia depending on your direction of movement that increases damage?

So? Games from the 90s do this.

Requirements are pretty much always bullshit nowadays. I'm still using an i5-750 2.66 ghz, it's around 8 years old now and I still run modern games fine. I was still using a Radeon 4890 as well but the fan died recently so I switched to a 290.

Mount and Blade has no depth
I'm glad you're so easily entertained but it's just a sandbox for autists to play with bots in a sandbox with no purpose or objective besides fuck around. I'm glad you can have fun with that though.

Because Steam is widely accepted on account of not being as shit as others when steam became a widely used platform whereas Denuvo couldn't PR their shit that well on top of being slightly worse than Steam to begin with and having a few blunders of it's own (whether they turned out to be true or not.)

We'll see when it's out. I don't think there will be too many problem considering the two versions were made contemporary and not years in the distance and PS4 being much more like a mid-tier PC.

Make sense, good explanation.
Now it's to see if the publisher understand the concept from their poor sales.

i was planning to ignore dragon's dogma but the leaked copy really impressed me, it was the only game i bought that year.

What an argument lad, on a board that sees past games as having superior mechanics to the shallow shit we get nowadays.

Holy shit, you're fucking pathetic

Goddamn

Does it at least let me use 1980x1200? 16:10 is and always was the best aspect ratio, 16:9 is a meme pushed to save manufacturers money.

haha no, but you can stretch it and enjoy your vertical distortion.

Likely not unless you like black bars or a stretched image
You will likely get 4K via third party though.

IT'S HAPPENING GUYS

Literally thousands more anti-denuvo posts just disappeared.

You'll get 4K when they release the "Remastered" version for PC, for an another $60, goy.

Holy shit. They just deleted the entire forum. It was entirely wiped clean.

Going through my notifications, threads that had 30-40 pages don't exist anymore

guess im pirating it and it will hurt my heart so badly. I'm so sorry

Ahahahah go to gulag

Send money to Yoko Taro plus some 2B porn

btfo

You can change IDs all you want
I know its you

I wish this happened to the Steam Forums in general

Was it some subforum they deleted or something? The forum is fine for me.

They deleted a bunch of very popular Denuvo threads. I was just getting that error while trying to access them.

GO BACK TO CHINA

Goat Simulator was fun though.

It is irrelevant who is behind it and more so what we can do with this. Our goal is simply the death of Denuvo, and the best way to do this is to create a PR storm that has the following two effects.
1) Damages the reputation of the publisher thus instilling fear in the all publishers who think Denuvo is a good iea.
2) Spread information regarding why Denuvo and DRM in general are bad thus creating both a growing insulation amongst consumers against DRM and an active demand to get rid of it as anti consumer.

Do not be mistaken anons. There are plenty of games available, even was the industry shrinks under this slow collapse, consumers are more than willing to vote with their wallet if it isn't the big must play game of the season/year, and companies know this.

The best way to force Square's hand in getting rid of Denuvo is to blame this on Square. They're the ones that permitted this, whether Steam carried it out or not having a Publisher take the blame and then get pissy with Steam is a good way to purge the pro Denuvo lobby inside of Valve that does this.

All we simply need to do is take to twitter, facebook, and other social media like we have amply demonstrated ourselves to be more than capable of doing so in greater intecity than the best marketing companies, and create that PR storm.

Keep it simple, this is Square Enix being anti consumer. Explain why Denuvo is bad, and keep nailing the point home. Square will eventually be forced to comment or remove Denuvo and then it's simply rinse repeat against any industry shit that thinks they can screw over the consumer with DRM.

One off for quads, damn that hurts.

Just tell the normalfags that their virus scanner could not ever pick up malicious code in a Denuvo infected exe even if there was any there.

This is the flaw among people that use imageboards. They don't engage with the normalfags.

Sure, we all know Denuvo sucks shit, but they don't and if you sit someone down and explain what it does, they'll think it's as horrible as we do.

You guys need to engage.

His fur has also changed over the years tbh famalam but it's totally possible that it's not the same cat. Hell the other two cats I own have had their fur change color specifically on their bellies.

Ah well now I'm rambling and drunk so ignore me now.

Since this is the Denuvo thread. I'm going to throw a question out there.
How does the free market act against DRM?
By voting with our wallet, we're pretty much forced to yes or no.

We get

We can try to have a third customized option to directly tell game companies the rejection of DRM. But a lot of the times, its as if they want money to back it up. Which goes back to above stated.

which then leads to

You fags are never going to sell enough on PC to make developers care about the eroge platform.

Well fuck that then, why are japs so bad at handling PC ports?

If I have an SSD and played MGSV am I fucked?

16:10 is dying and it is extremly painful. I might surrender to the 16:9 corporate meme next time. I m still butthurt over no true 16:10 for Dragon's Dogma, had even asked dolpin porn user to check the presence of 1920x1200 in the settings so I felt safe just to be ambushed and penetrated by humongous black bars

Holy shit a Denuvo shill is quoting the really extensive OP over and over again to get the thread locked

Are Denuvocucks really this pathetic?
steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/135510669592330940/

Report this fag.

People want the OP permabanned in that thread because he is shitting on Denuvo lmao jesus christ I wish we could gas them all

You guys should really get in that thread. The Denuvo shills are slamming the poor dude.

Apparently tablets are often 16:10 so maybe we'll see a comeback. I refuse to give in to inferior aspect ratios.

Because most people don't bother with developing for the eroge platform.

I like to actually use my monitor for work as well as vidya user.

21:9 for work is awesome.

I'd have to sell my kidney for that, and it'd still be better with 21:10 which, I assume, nobody makes.

I don't really have whatever that is in £s to hand. I'd also need the cost of the hardware to run games acceptably at that resolution and the space for the monitor. When I upgrade in ~1-2 years things might be different.

I m planning on buying a gsync/freesync 120hz+ preferably 1440p monitor this year and it really doesn't look like there is any good ones in 16:10 and none of them at all are available on the website I purchased my last, hell when I bought my Hyundai W243D 7 years ago it was one of the only 1920x1200 monitor available there so it already was a dying trend but it looks really dead now.

Well that's depressing. I had been under the impression it still had a niche for visual design though perhaps they don't care about higher refresh rates.

Denuvofag is spamming the thread again to get it removed by a moderator (because the mods lock threads instead of you know, just banning the person spamming)

maybe if you werent such an autism lord none of this would have happened.

obeisety is not the same problem in nippon as it is for clapistan and the europoors.

its not to late, we just have to crash the next Reddit meetup ;)