Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DuhyAP0Srsk
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44676/?
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46199/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I AM EXCITED FELLOW ANONYMOUS 😉

No.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Its neither an oblivion clone, nor it has good combat.

I played the demo combat felt really fucking shit not to mention that it ran like complete trash.

What did he meme by this?

Why would we be, mr marketer?

What's good combat according to you?

Patches will fix it.

How do you know the combat's good if it's not out yet?

excitement -> disappointment

To be honest, I am looking forward to the game. OP is just a faggot as always.
Sage for shit thread.

I liked Obliffun

Good combat?

I played the demo the sword fighting was needlessly complex, just do what Mountain Blade does ffs.

Mountain Blade has some pretty shit combat.

No it doesn't.

This has nothing to do with Oblivion.

Every single person that says that is just shit at M&B's combat.
It's a fact.

it's not bad it's just simple.

I was just thinking of replaying Oblivion with mods, if this game is also as moddable as Oblivion I might try. Though pretty much every reply seems to disagree with it so far

It's detailed but offers too few options and maneuvers, I'd say that's all that's wrong with it, the attacks are collision based, you have to block in the direction attacks are coming from, the game takes into account where you hit enemies and calculates damage based on the velocity of strikes, Bannerlord appears to be fixing some of these issues.

It has two things that shit me, it runs like shit, and the combat is pointlessly complex but doesn't really achieve anything, I think the idea of aiming for historical accuracy is great, but then the map itself was modified and is itself not historically accurate, I'm not even talking about the location of buildings/people the actual land was sliced and compressed at points which makes no fookin sense. I'm unaware if this game will support mods.

Combat for duels looks fine to me

youtube.com/watch?v=DuhyAP0Srsk

Of course I haven't played it so I don't know how it actually controls. Doesn't seem like combat with multiple people will be a thing. Depends how realistic they're going but idk I haven't kept up to date with the game myself.

Its not possible to be shit at simon says combat. Is it hard for you? I dont even believe that

Oblivion with mods (particularly OOO and Oblivion XP Update) is okay, compared to how disgustingly unplayable vanilla is, but it's still nowhere near as good as DD:DA or even Skyrim.

fuck you.

im actualy looking forward to it though

Completely different genre and game play.

No, user.
No.

And like that you lost me.

Skyrim beats Oblivion in every way, tbh and even then it's 7/10 at best.

It's total bullshit and the game isn't Oblivion at all, low fantasy RPG.

Dragons Dogma would be a worse Elder Scrolls than even the worst Elder Scrolls, it's a shit open world game and a shit RPG, but it's combat is fun and it's character customization is better than what Bethesda offers.

Yeah, pretty much.

I am cautiousy optimistic.

Why do you lie to yourself, user?
The only thing Skyrimjobs has is dwemer dungeons and better spell animations.

Wrong.
Mods.
Mods.

I think you see where this is going.

Very well shill-kun you got my attention.
Webm anyone?

So its a worse base game and both games have mods that make them better.

good is a big word.
It looks like it has potential but is glitchy, clunky, anoying and doesnt work with multiple opponents although you have to fight in battles with many enemies.
Seriously, the appeal of this game is the autism that was put into making everything as realistic and historicly correct as possible. not the combat.

Secondary, not the main product.

95% of the people that have discussed Skyrimjobs agree that it has the worst guilds and quests. Oblowion and Morrowind beat it on that aspect hands down.

Except Oblivion's UI is even worse than Skyrim's by default. There isn't even a fucking take-all hotkey.
No, Vanilla Oblivion is essentially unplayable. Gameplay wise it's a downgrade from Morrowind in every way possible. Skyrim at least has sort of okay combat and non-gamebreaking level scaling out of the box. Heavy overhaul mods can take Oblivion from being unplayable to being sort of playable. Mods can take Skyrim from being playable to above average

Oh fuck it then. I play games for combat, so I guess I'll pass this one up.

top zozzle
(((they))) already postponed it several times

Not at all. Mods are the primary draw of Beth games.
You're implying I give a fuck what tasteless console players think, which is a whopper of an implication, fam.

4 you? Good is a word, as is attention and chance, both of which they earned when they btfo'd the poz brigade.

Two things that killed it for me were the potatofaces and the god fucking awful levelscaling.

XDDDDDD

Just the combat, which thankfully is what you will be doing most of the time. I'd still rather Vanilla Skyrim over Dragon's Dogma.

nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44676/?
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46199/?

Still not a very good game, but those two issues are 100% resolved by those mods

Well yeah, for that type of game (open-world action RPG) I consider combat to be the gameplay. Take away the combat and you're left with a walking sim, and those aren't games.

Oblivion > Skyrim until then.

You are still implying that skyrimjobs guilds and most quests (with some exception, of course) are better, which is absolutely untrue. Stop lying to yourself, just admit that you hated Oblowion and Skyrimjobs gave you a better IMPRESSION in contrast.

Morrowind >> Skyrim > Oblivion
See above, except this time add an extra >>>> in between Skyrim and Oblivion because not slogging through the same copy-pasted ayyyyliad ruins or dungeons over and over is a truly massive upgrade.
I thought I made that abundantly clear above.

You must be joking. Put the shitty thieves guild, companions guild and winterhold college of skyrim somewhere in your asshole.

Just stop lying to yourself, user. You will feel better, take my advice.

Everyone on Holla Forums has his own love/hate relationship with bethesda games. You can't help it. Dig out Holla Forums well, and you will find thousands of people who modded all their games.

ayy

This, the truth is that in the end, Todd as hurt us all.

loltoddhurt

Honestly even top one is shit compared to good dungeon crawlers.

I know Skyrim is the better of the two games but the guild quests sucked, I'd say the guilds themselves are more tightly woven and better in general, and the lore surrounding them is much better, although this was achieved by having fewer guild halls, although at the same time the best guilds were the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves guild and they really only had the one guild hall each, if you can call that hideout the thieves guild in Oblivion.

Oblivion's guilds are far superior to Skyrim's.
Work your way through infiltrating an opposing guild who have been using the power of a Hist tree to make them more powerful.
Become a werewolf. Kill some people. Become guild leader.
Not to mention the Companions questline consists of six quests, and the Oblivion Fighter's Guild consists of 19. And no, radiant quests don't count.
Battle attacks against the Guild and work your way up to fighting with with Mannimarco himself.
Walk through some dungeons. Experience one kind of interesting one. Get the Staff of Magnus. Become leader.
This time Skyrim gives you a whopping nine quests compared to Oblivion's 18.
Build your way up to performing what is probably one of the grandest heists in the history of Tamriel by stealing an Elder Scroll to rewrite history. Then gain an incredibly powerful daedric artefact.
You get to join and instantly gain their trust despite only having helped one guy out with a minor theft. Get betrayed then get revenge. The tests for Nocturnal were kind of interesting, but that's about it. That and doing random jobs for people, but even then most of them were dogshit.

Morrowind - 429 quests
Skyrim - 429 quests + radiant ones
Oblivion - 221 quests (no radiant quests)

Oblivion BTFO.

You forgot to compare the DB quests

Wew

But all of Skyrim's quests feels like they're radiant quests

The correct term is INFINITE QUESTS™, my dear Anonymous.
Also, don't forget to buy the Remastered Edition™.

How could I forget the Dark Brotherhood.
The only way to join is by actually committing murder. And it has to be an innocent civilian. You then work through assassinations, most of which are interesting and some of which like Summitmist Manor are classics. Discover that not only were you betrayed, you unknowingly served the traitor's interests. Also includes god-tier NPC Lucien Lachance.
Join by hearing a rumour and help out some kid. Do some assassinations, then kill the Emperor. It's cool that you get to pull of something like that, but it's hardly rewarding. No NPCs of note.

this kind of shit is why the elder scrolls has been getting worse with every release since morrowind.
to be fair i couldnt say which was worse, oblivion or skyrim, but your argument is still shit.

Hurr durr

Comparing the Oblivion DB questline to ANYTHING in skyrim is not fucking fair.
Oblivion's DB questline is perhaps my favourite questline in anything ever, the fucking twists and turns in that WILD ride just seem to never end
>the shock of seeing a skinned Lucien, the only friend you had left in the guild, hanging upside down when entering the house to meet the other members, one of which tricked the others to believe Lucien was the real traitor
>the lighthouse mommy-issues
>mexican standoff underneath the Bravil statue

Not only that, DB also gives access to a legit way of getting Vampirism voluntarily, has the "Whodunit" quest (one of my favs) and gives you the heartbreaking "remove chaydinhal branch" mission

Oblivion DB was fucking excellence.

What's with everyone hating on Kingdom Come's combat? Sure it's hard to fight multiple enemies, but it was just the beta version.

That's not Dark Souls.

Those look too convoluted. Ever played Daggerfall? The dungeons are tedious and it's impossible to get out without the mark spell. I prefer the ones in classic FPS games like Quake.

I think Oblivion was the worse game gameplay wise, but the quests are decently written. Personally, I also prefer the aesthetics of Cyrodil to the nordic-esque world of Skyrim. In my opinion, the Scandinavians are boring uncultured people living in a cold and boring place.

I played Dragon's Dogma but I wasn't nearly as hooked as I was with TES. Even if the combat was better than all TES, it wasn't even that good either, too flashy and cheap. At least Skyrim is fun to explore.

That's not fair. Oblivion was when Emil Paguialero just joined Bethesda and still gave a shit. Fallout 3 was when he stopped trying.

wew

fixed it for you

So it's shit

For you maybe.