Grand Strategy Games

Archive
pastebin.com/stLT1bVc

randomcountry.gbasood.net/

This Day in History, March 14th

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_carriers_of_World_War_II
combinedfleet.com/economic.htm
nationalww2museum.org/learn/education/for-students/ww2-history/ww2-by-the-numbers/wartime-production.html
pcgames-download.net/2015/02/europa-universalis-iv-dlc-skidrow-codex-mega-turbobit-uploaded-crack/
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-49th-development-diary-18th-of-march-2016.914324/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So in vic2 as an italy, I long time ago conquered that palestine area from ottomans and now I have option to enact the decision balfour declaration. Which would release israel. Is there any actual benefit to me to do this? As far as I see, I'll lose land, with no obvious benefit.

You know what you could do? Encourage European immigration to the holy land. Kick those shitty palestinians out and replace them with the finest artists and clergymen Italia has to offer.
God wills it.

It sounds like a good idea to me. You should probably do it.

You should a mod a decision to create the Kingdom of Jerusalem instead.

Is this intended? Or is my kebab removing spirit that strong?

Here is my Aurora playthrough now. I've taken an alien colony close to Earth and will now invade their home system. I don't think I'll meet much resistance in the two systems leading to their homeworld, but I have >600 ships in the fleet ready to take care of any resistance.

Should I irradiate their planet and wait for the radiation to fall before colonizing it? Should I bombard the planet until they surrender? Should I conquer them with ground troops?

I don't know how to mod

Nah, it's there for roleplaying reasons or if you want to play as Israel

Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

There should bad events and cumulative negative modifiers for failing to declare the Jewish state.

You mean having to deal with Jews isn't a negative in and of itself?

Don't you want a great Western ally in the Middle East?

In HPM you can get the jews to go there once Israel exists.

We need to apportion land to the Jewish nation, or else the Jews of Europe will be at risk of a Shoah.

My game as Sicily, using the wrath of the old gods mod. So far so fun, won a big war with Florence. Now consolidating.

Paradox's most realistic DLC tbh

La Plata

What did he mean by this?

KANGZ

you have a duty to serve cazzolino

Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. Basically a "WE WUZ" successor of the Carolingian Empire that only managed to have any kind of central authority until 1182, then it lost control over the Papal States and it's dutchies and counties started fighting against each other for power, turning it into a massive clusterfuck from that point. Luther's invention of Protestantism later on JUSTed it even further with endless autistic wars over religious denominations.

Lasted only 47 years.

A mere 12 years.

Every time Germany tried to form an Empire it ended in total disaster. What gives?

wtf I hate germans now

And rightfully so

Fuck off Voltaire you proto-shitlib.

"Holy Roman Empire". This is a very difficult thing to say while keeping a straight face. I wonder who can, because indeed it is hard.

"Holy", you say, while grinning like Voltaire did. "Holy", it is it's name. But then, thinking of "Holy", you think about all the emperors who were excommunicated. You think about all those who tried to fuck with the pope. You think about the wars of religion and how many of them ended up as protestant heretics.

But then, the funniest is coming. "Roman". Yes, now. You cannot contain your laughter. “Roman”, it is called, despite the fact that this “Roman” body is standing on Germania, a land so harsh and poor that the Legions of Rome refused to set foot on it. A Germanic and barbaric people, yes, but still calling themselves “Roman”.

And now, here is the end of the fun: “Empire”. Now you fell on the ground, laughing so hard that you cannot breathe. An “Empire”, a body made of dozens of petty duchies and counties, all fighting for themselves, giving strange names to their position, full of Grand-Dukes or Archdukes. An “Empire” who will stay between Poland and France, while the great powers of Europe will create colonies all around the world.

Hate to say it but this user is 100% correct.

Neighbours always got super butthurt over German prosperity and arranged a war.

Fr*nch history in a nutshell

The germans are way too autistic to keep their shit together for more than a handful of decades.

what's the link to the newest user's edits?

Can be found in the OP.

Please don't tell me penguinfaggot updated Veritas again, I haven't even finished porting the stuff from RoM back to 1.17 I'm stuck updating some new/revised VeF-RoM events, there's so many, and it's so boring.

Well I didn't really manage to remove kebab in time, but at least I kicked them out of Europe
Props to Portugal for making me both appreciate and regret the fact that I didn't eliminate them right at the start of the game

That blobing is fucking disgusting man
Delete this border gore at once

The correct way to play castille is:

kill yourself, preferably in a way that destroys the computer that save file is on in the process.

How do I divide Poland with the Soviets?

Historically, or by the original agreement?

Keep the whole thing, you gonna need that infrastructure and few more provinces to reach Moscow

Sounds like a good plan, I'll tell the soviets to fuck off.

Post your updates on Barbarossa when it will commence

history repeats itself, from 2012

instead of mindlessly blobbing in eastern europe you could have been conquering the rest of south america and portugal smh

Wtf is wrong with this fucktards?
I swear i will purge healer and learning focused character in my domain for this

Shenryyr pls go

My fleet is paying off immensely, I invested significant resources into building a strong navy before the war, going so far as to complete the Graf Zeppelin early.
It's destroyed several small French raiding fleets and continues to push away the British every time they try to breach my seas.

The fleet before the war was the Baltic Flotilla, lead by a rebuilt Schlesien and Schleswig-Holstein together with the Emden and Koln with a series of old pre-1936 destroyers.

Our second fleet, the modern fleet is our pride and joy.
It's led by two H-39 class Battleships, the Hindenburg and the Friedrich de Groß. To cover the two of them is the Graf Zeppelin, Germany's first Carrier.
Leading the fleet are the Gneisenau and Scharnhorst, aggressively scouting out enemies for the fleet to destroy. Both of them are armed with 3 sets of twin 38 cm SK C/34 naval guns, upgunned from the original designs.

Supporting the fleet are two Admiral Hipper-class heavy cruisers, Two P-class heavy cruisers and 3 Deutschland class heavy cruisers. Covering these are 6 K-class light cruisers and three flotilla's of type 1936-class destroyers.

severe lefty asspain

Several days later, our new battleships are finished, the H-43 class.
They're armed with 50.8cm guns, instead of the H39's 42cm guns but are otherwise mostly the same outside tonnage.

Kek. This is how Johan actually visualises medieval medicine.

swedish education.

The fleet sallies forth into the straits of Denmark, smashing into a combined French/British fleet.
Several of our ships are damaged, the last heavy cruiser of the Admiral Hipper class is sunk, together with one of the K-class light cruisers but in exchange we do a deadly blow to the French, destroying the Entire Bretagne class of battleships, the carrier Bearn, several British cruisers and a variety of destroyers.

However, the German fleet is once more forced back to port, to repair, rearm and give the men some time to recover from another life or death battle for the Fatherland.

Education is racist and misogynistic.

I guess hiring an african negro would cure you of any ailment then, given their super-powerful african medicine

yakub's blood?

shit, meant for

I'm not disagreeing with it but is anyone else starting to get annoyed with how someone always says that fucking phrase when the HRE comes up? It's the same with "ASIA FOR AISANS AFRICA FOR AFRICANS…" appearing on every discussion related to it.

How's the land war in the West going, seeing as you've gone full Plan Z anglophobe alternate Hitler? Are you behind in tech compared to OTL or par/ahead with this shift in resource investment?

the pic dates from half-chan /vg/'s /gsg/, imagine on this thread that there was somebody posting playthrough of CK2 as the HRE along whit other guy posting his playthrough as the teutonic order or prussia on EUIV and also 2 other guy posting his playthrough as Germany on Vicky 2 and the other on any HoI game, a thread filled whit pics of gray colored maps everywhere.

what's the fun about playing as great powers on grand strategy paradox games?

And before that it was Byzantium blobbing, wasn't it? EUIII wine stains and the like. I don't see the point in bitching about blobbing trends too much, they come and go and come back again with something new in the mix every now and again like a properly Nichirenist Japan in HoI or a Paulician Rurikid blob in CK2 going Third Rome a millenia early. Just because finer or at least nicher tastes exist doesn't mean that staples should be derided for being staples.

I went further plan Z than you did and it really payed off. It would have been 100% worth it if the SU didn't invade me at the start of 1941. Such is the price of never signing the molotov pact

Are you doing the experimental treatments? Don't do that, it's basically asking for something to be cut off.

The invasion of France and the Lowlands starts a little behind schedule, but is finished in a month and a half.

Our plan, to push through the lowlands, encircle the army in Lorraine and send our armoured divisions to secure the cities is a total success.

We now just need to round up the remaining British expeditionary forces and then plan for Operation Sea Lion.

0/10 should have been done before even attacking the benelux

It's okay.
We don't need to control the straight.

Is this okay?

How would you do that and why is it interesting?

First of all, what mod, HPP?

Second of all: did the Brittish just throw Poland under the bus to save France?

Taking down the US as Brazil gets old fast.

Yeah, HPP.
France agreed to a separate peace and so did Britain, basically letting me keep the mainland to leave their territories alone because I destroyed so much of their navy.

Why?

Ebin Germanies are pretty lame but Byzanboos are more belligerent about their shit. Especially when mixed with Balkan nigger WE WUZ crap to boot.

I have had trouble finding interesting characters/goals to accomplish myself recently.

It's okay, Britain agreed to a white peace. Neither are my puppets, the war in the west is over.

As part of the annexation of Belgium and the peace with France we have gained several of our former overseas colonies. We're currently deploying several thousand cavalrymen as police in the area to re-establish our dominance together with a colonial fleet to be based in the Congo.

Why would you still be playing this outdated game? Don't you know that there's a great new sequel out?

user pls

I wonder who could be behind this post?

That awful blobbing is actually the result of my failed attempts at passing the HRE reforms late game. I eventually gave up and decided to simply annex Poland peacefully (PU) and try to remove as much kebab as possible before the game ended.

I now realize I should have done that post haste
Kind of hard when aragon rivals me and france stabs me in the back
I tried to expand a bit in africa, just before the Ottomans basically guaranteed everyone there
Refer to first mistake
Good on the latter, bad on the former
That's a given
At least that's done

what?
why the hell did brits surrendered?

3 words
Holy Russian Empire

Maybe HOI4 will be good in 5 years after 15 dlcs
But till now Darkest Hour remains the best in the series

I sunk every carrier in the British navy and over half their battleships.

They're coded to offer peace if they've only got so many ships, don't have Churchill in charge and France has already surrendered.

Does Johan even work on HoI4?

I think that he was supposed to work on the HOI4 dev team at one point but took one year maternity leave, at least so i heard

Also his bio mentions that he worked only on Hearts of Iron III, Crusader Kings II, Europa Universalis IV, and Stellaris with no mention of HOI4

Oh boy oh boy
Who is excited for pdxcon?

i bet that it will be a cringe fest

No. You need to control access to the Baltic sea!

It's been a while since I've seen one, but speaking strictly, full Asia for the Asians colony-liberating and China-stabilizing (IE, allies and puppets everywhere) sans direct blobbing while kicking America in the taint and maybe kicking the shit out of the Soviets while keeping the Axis at arms' length even compared to OTL, and less strictly, someone playing Japan in-thread to begin with.

Why do I get the feeling that this is coded to be less than likely to be accepted?

Wew

Because they almost did OTL? Because they were literally a week away from losing the war when Dunkirk happened? Come on, man.

Cmon mate, Churchill was a warmonger, we would never go for peace

If the evacuation had been halted by the German capture of British troops, Churchill wouldn’t have had the power (physical or political) to continue pushing for what his kike masters wanted.

Oh yea I remember seeing that.
What the fuck is it lefty faggots and this
PDX/FCK
CON/NZS
shit?

Nah it was only 300.000 soldiers, and most of them were french anyway, i doubt it would stop british in any way

What should i do?

Go for it, what could possibly go wrong?

Marry her and make it so we will be kangz

WHY? Why you stupid fucks!

It might sound funny but playing a kangz seducer BLACKEDing European kings is a good idea for campaign.
In fact combine it with some Satanic cultism and i just got a new idea for my next playthrough

Asking Satan for gibsmedats after running Europe into the ground?

Well after short consideration maybe i should do satanic jews playthrough

BRAVO PARADOX
R
A
V
O

Believable worlds.

Also pope doesnt want to give me a divorce fuck

Great now my son plots to kill my wife

Can somebody give me a quick rundown on that religion?

They were basically a cult of /r9k/-tier faggots who thought the world was evil and also the reason Bosnia is kebab.

They're not wrong.

Isn't /fringe/ lousy with Gnostics? I don't know if the green pill comics are representative of that board.

I understand their position, but that complete isolation from either side of the schism ultimately brought their downfall; both the Orthodox and the Catholics shooed them away, with the Hungarians using the Bogomilist heresy to conduct crusades against the medieval Bosnian states.
The outcome? Look at bosniaks nowadays, complete disgusting mongrels despised by their cultural siblings and the sentiment works both ways for the South Slavs. By the time the t*rks had swallowed Serbia, Bosnia stood alone with a recently-baptized king swearing fealty to the pope; poor guy ended up with his head cut and the general Bogomilist populace was more than willing to be under roach suzerainty since they were neither Catholic nor Orthodox. You can imagine what happened afterwards.

They could be both anyways, a strange mix of /fringe/ and /r9k/. Synods were pretty much the equivalent of ancient imageboards, holding many autistic discussions where everyone shared their headcanon about Christ and whatever other Saints and religious figures were being discussed; Bogomilism was created by a guy who was displeased by the then current state of the church, so you can bet he used some of his headcanon along with crazy Paulician ideas.

Would this be theoretically plausible at least?

China already had gunpowder used for fireworks, and Europe started production of guns in the 1300s. It's plausible that some eccentric dude would learn of Chinese gunpowder and fashion a primitive weapon able to fire a few shots. If it didn't become widespread then it wouldn't show up in history. Wikipedia says earliest surviving firearm is 1280 from Korea, but that's just surviving.

That said, the idea that someone would create a personal handgun likely to blow up in their face and kill them is insanely stupid, there's a reason why cannons were used long before people carried sidearms.

What are the stats btw?

Sure,
(((Germans)))

Operation Barbarossa

Our invasion of the Soviet Union is planned and ready to go.

In the south, we have a quarter of a million infantrymen prepared to march into the Ukraine.

In the north, we have half a million infantry, with a quarter of a million tankers.
To support this we have 80 thousand cavalrymen who will move in and control the cities after they have been captured.

Our plan, generally is to encircle the Lithuanian army, push through the Baltic and secure St.Petersburg while making a general offensive across the rest of the front, working at an encirclement along the Romanian border as well.

Our encirclement of Lithuania goes off without a hitch, if slightly slow. I had hoped to get this done in 3 weeks, but it took a month.

Yeah it is. The Hermetic society is probably the only good thing about Monks and Memes.

Bosniaks are a lot whiter than Serbroaches today because their Muslim conversion spared them from forced cuckery (Serbroaches had to let Turkish officials fuck their wives on wedding night).

Hence Bosniaks are paler while Serbroaches are Turk Lite.

Two months in and we have secured Leningrad, and are on the doorstep of Sevastopol. Due to massive issues maintaining supplies our armoured divisions in the north are being re-allocated to the southern offensive that is currently almost led by the Romanians.

Just like real life!

On the upside, the northern forces actually achieved their goals this time, so moving them down is fine.

You have several months until winter hits so you're probably fine.

+20% for shock in battle
+2 for personal combat skill

Or something like this

Agree, its really nice stuff, you can reaserch stuff, hang around with your bros discovering stars, build tech like compasses, magnifying glasses etc.
Its much better than "lmao lets be edgy satanists" order, but on the other hand it can be quite costly some missions can cost you even 100gold but overall its very nice

Didnt tried other orders yet, are they worth it?

Rather than accept the bitter peace, I order the German forces deeper into Russia.

Finally with the fall of Samara the Soviets surrender to German and Japanese annexation.

The Japanese reclaim their islands and Kamchatka, while turning over outer Manchuria to it's rightful owners and Mongolia to the banner men of inner Mongolia.

We release the Turks to form their own nations, while giving the people of the Caucasus their independence for submitting so many men to the SS divisions.

How is Italy doing? Are we winning?

he peaced out with the allies at the beginning of war

GPs generally have more stuff to do and you can fix the course of history more practically.

We have another decision to make, what shall be done with Russia itself?

Should the Russian people have a home that we shall expel them to as needed, or shall we simply annex their land into ours.
If we are to create a new Russia, what borders should we give it?

Here's Italy at the moment, also featured is our own colonial territories.

Something resonable
Just dont make another disgusting grey blob pls

Blue, Yellow or Green then?

Blue definitively
Also release the conquered countries
After all there is no more threat of communism :^)

How is japan doing in china?

Daily reminder this game had Hitler teaching you the game in tutorial whereas in HoI4 his fucking face is censored

Not too good.

They're stuck in almost a trench warfare scenario.

We're released a Russian puppet state, it will serve as a place to export displaced peoples from our new colonies.

Truly we live in Großdeutschland.

For fuck’s sake.

It's okay, they're a puppet state, in HPP every time a puppet state gets more than 1500 in any resource they're forced to send it all to you.

Now remove Anatolian and Caucasian kebab, give those lands back to their rightful owners: Grossdeutschland.

Sure thing hassan, sure thing.

This plan is pretty good.

Nigga. Why would you let Ru**ians produce any oil? That's fucking retarded. They're incompetent mongol rapebabies. Sure ingame they give you all of it but it's still unhistorical as fuck.

Das Vaterland needs good meatshields, who better than the cattlesque Ivans

Hi, I'm looking for strategy/tactical/management game where the player manages a colony ship, as well as defending said ship from pirate and alien attacks, or attacking other entities. Also has scenarios or events within the ship or in nearby areas that can be completed for rewards or story/lore progression. Can someone help?

This was a pretty fun game. HPM Japan is really fucking overpowered with the bonuses you can stack up; Order as national value line of advantage make your armies and navies monsters once you reach tech parity. I waged a war with China every five years so that I had all the treaty ports, then took Korea from France, and then grabbed Manchuria much later. Most importantly I dismantled the empires of: Russia, Netherlands, Britain, France, and Germany. Britain was constantly exploding after their defeat and was controlled by either fascists or communists. Borneo and former Vladivostok region were thoroughly Japped. My population was out of control on Japan itself. I had about 10% of Kansai constantly unemployed because I couldn't build factories fast enough for my workers. I kept Kyoto as the capital and by the end of the game it had 3.5 million pops, 14 million people. Fucking Nips.

Dont complain when a bunh of planes fly into the tower of pisa.

The most impressive part of this is that North America.

I was referring to the province of Kyoto itself. Total adult males was 60 million, population was 240 million.

Lithuania knowing whats up

What's mod is this?

QUALITY

I think this works in every Paradox game. HoI2 and 3 just restrict AI's granting military access much harder.

You think I'd let those nigs off the plantations? I also helped the CSA defeat the Kingdom of America

My country has been ruled by the direct descendants of the first lithuanian king. 1000 years of unbroken rule. Basically it's CK2->EU4->Vic2, once you finish a campaign you just convert it to the next game and time period. Shit starts to break down the longer you play though, I could have easily blobbed the entire world but I was pretty happy to chill on most of eastern europe, the middle east, and parts of africa. I basically acted as I gigantic beautiful wall, shielding europe from every conceivable danger, while also forcing europe to look how I wanted it to look.

Neat. How does the EU4 to Vic2 converter handle pops?

Oh god my eyes
what

I beleive it checks who had owned the province in eu4 and for how long, and then determines pops based on that.

In America for instance you'll have assloads of indians since it takes so long to colonize all of it. But in places like europe it works pretty well. Sadly however it converts Prussians into North Germans, so it isn't perfect.

Shit got retarded in the 1890s

G-guess I'll just wait for nukes

Port strike/Strategic bombard and let them attrition to death?

Also you can try some shore bombardment to make the combat modifiers better.

What do you do with all your old obsolete ships? Missile fodder?

All according to הפרוטוקולים

What's the minimum territory I need to create the Roman Empire in CK2+?

Just treat it as German companies running all the oil.

It's basically what would have happened anyway since Germany didn't have the manpower to colonize any of these places and likely would have let the Caucasian groups manage their own territories.

What's the status on Poland and the Balts, meanwhile? Would-be post-plebiscite lines in German favor and a unified Baltic puppet state, or are they getting eaten?

I hate to stoop to this level, but what is the consensus regarding the new Crusader Kings DLC? The Warhammer team plans to implement it for cultist stuff right? Worth playing through vanilla again or are there not enough new features? Any games like ck2 but more in depth? I mean ones with a focus on dynasty.

From what I understand you can't secretly be a pagan and influence your kingdom into heathenry, so it's not worth my time.

I'm not sure, personally I'm in favour of annexing Poland/Belarus/Baltics/Ukraine as living space. And exporting all their peoples to Russia.

I'm rather disinclined to that approach. Impractical to implement. Smacks too much of postwar Soviet expulsions and too ironically. Derives too much from the dubious and vaguely-reconstructed Generalplan Ost. The prettiest borders are perfect and primly ethnically drawn ones, the only really acceptable compromise to this being punitively taking the disputed corridor and leaving the poles Gdynia as a consolation so they don't get landlocked. Not like the port won't be essentially yours anyways, seeing as they're puppeted.

Seeing as you completely sidestepped the two-front war, what are the Americas doing?

It's pretty bad. It feels like a shitty half-assed mod you would try for one playthrough then never install again.

CK2+ lets you do that more or less.

Here's their stats that my spies can pick up.
They're just sitting independent and neutral.

As for Poland, Danzig covers the entire coastal corridor, so they won't get any sea access.

Weird. Have they somehow not gotten into a dustup with Japan yet? It's '44. Did the early removal of Britain mean that the Japs never suffered enough under sanction to commit to Pearl Harbor? What about Canada and South America? And since you've achieved your primemost local goals without interference, what's next? Intervention in China? Cold war with Japan? Hitler deciding against the whole 'America will rot on its own' notion and pursuing his dream of a New York in flames early with a coup attempt & invasion? Plus, how's Italy doing without a casus belli to try and eat/puppet the Middle East? Have they broken out of the med or are they just loafing around like America?

That's a problem with the mapping outside your control. Obviously Danzig is yours, and Gdynia would more or less end up more under your de facto influence than Poland in the end, so that's just fine. As long as a properly bordered Polish state (and Ukrainian, and Baltic state or statelets) with nominal independence exists, that is good.

What plan should we put forward for our eastern territories?

Should we keep them under German control and cleanse the ethnic minorities to make way for Germans?

Should we follow plan A, and release a larger Poland to conflict with Ukraine and Belarus?

Should we follow plan B, releasing just Ukraine and Belarus and keeping the rest to ourselves?

Or should we pursue plan C, and limit Poland's size as much as possible, to the gain of Lithuania, Ukraine and Belarus?

The Japs are too busy in China to start anything. They're actually losing ground, due to lend lease most likely.
The entire world is at peace outside Japan/China.

A all the way

Use the A arrangement in all respects save Crimea, which should be strategically seized for a Black Sea port to develop. Though, is that Poland a bit large? B is perhaps too small, but I'm not sure if some of A isn't Lithuanian or Belarusian ethnically.

Plan C is basically ethnic Poland.

I'm not sure if you're memeing or meant to type B. Either way, give Poland its current pure and majority areas and likewise with the rest (even if that violates Commonwealth blobborders & large minority areas, we're trying to balance the states out while keeping to 'proper' borders) while taking Crimea.

Großdeutsches Reich.

Beside Bohemia-Moravia being too deeply governed for HoI to consider it a puppet and too industrially important to turn into one, just about perfect. Hungary stabbing into Romania also isn't great, but there's no ahistorical population exchange option, so it was either that, slightly less stabbing or Hungary getting mad at getting nothing. What's next?

I could just remove all Romanian cores from the Hungarian section and all Hungarian cores from the Romanian section.

The problem is that there are more Magyars in the southern end than Romanians and more Romanians on the border end than there are Magyars. There's no ingame solution beside cheating the cores as you said.

There's no in game solution to the borders I've been drawing around besides cheating either but who cares when it's borders and population moves.

Why can't I make this a matrilineal marriage?

Is this bait?

You're a mudslimer. Mudslimers into matrilineal marriage.

I'm a Feudal Hindu.

I'm not sure what to say.

Looks like a pretty strong independent nation you got there.

I'm not going to judge since I'd be a hypocrite (I enjoy fucking aroun every once in a while). Do you really want to see an Irish empire so bad??

I wanted to play the Abassid empire without being a dirty arab and redhead girls are pretty.

How do I initiate the immortality event chain? I need it since I obviously can't pass on my dynasty.

thanks

Have you tried marrying someone in you court?

Yes, I even invited another Irish Hindu to my court. I think it has something to do with the new update or a mod. I remember there used to be a check box that filtered potential husbands based on whether they would accept matrilineal marriages.

From my understanding, He's more or less the guy who calls the shots on EU4 and HoI4, has taken a back seat with regards to CK2, and has more or less been ousted from the reigns of power with regards to Stellaris. I could be mistaken though

Seems to me the games become better the less control Johan has over them, really makes me wonder if he's the sole reason they're shit. Other than the obvious poz swedes love to load into their shit.

Try destroying infra to 0. It will reduce their ORG gain.

Potatoes go well with curry.

Also, if you want to be a Gaelic Kebab I'd recommend starting in Egypt or Scythia since that's where the Gael's mythical origin lies. Book of Invasions, nigglets.

I like the implication that only thing worth anything in Stellaris is the art.

Seems the next paid patch will make the pops do something, so Stellaris might become worth a pirate with mods. To be honest, I enjoyed the few hours I played Stellaris at launch more than the dozen I have played Distant Worlds.

Is he retarded? Stellaris didn't cost 120 dollars on launch.

You are correct. He and his entire cadre of shitflingers have left the development of Stellaris alone completely, instead being focused on developing HoI4 (we can see how that turned out) while Stellaris got made by newbies.

This is Johan we're talking about

I fucking love you, Holla Forums

So after a few extra decades of overextending my ass as Spain in EU4 I finally removed the Ottomans from the world. The place feels kind of empty without any kebab left to remove

It was god's will.

I started the game (VeF) as Spain and saw BYZ win the first war against Otto and completely annex it. I didn't even get to partake in kebab removing…

It's like pottery

Then you must rebuild the western roman empire, it is your destiny iberia!

YOURE DOING IT WRONG.

I wanted a colonial game

Everything worked out in the end.

The US of A is done.

Did you just fucking killed over 1 million of burger soldiers?

Looks like 3.6M by nukes. If the kills from nukes aren't included in the report from destroying divisions then probably 7M or so. Never used nukes so I dunno how it works.

More like 4 million. The USA has now taken losses almost on par with the Soviet Union. I followed it up with an invasion of Britain and destroyed basically the entire US airforce too, around 140 squadrons.

>TOTAL REALISM PROJECT

Holocaust ain't got shit on this. Every McDonalds will be converted to the Burger Memorial Museum.

Just imagine the fucking US newspaper the following day "Uh, those several million soldiers we sent the other day? Yeah, they all died yesterday."

States would probably leave the union after shit of this magnitude

"Herr fuhrer, amerikan dumkopffs are near our territories, how do we proceeed?"

"nuke them lmao"

How did you do that? Did you use character designer or something?

Any Linux fags care to help? I've been trying to install Victoria 2 all day with no luck. It just results in a 'Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0xf556d33f) error' and a black screen on startup with the Vicky clock cursor rolling infinitely

Try it with wine 1.7.50-staging

Its not like you cant do both, read my previus post about castille ITT.

The USA has decided to enact retribution by nuking one of the world's most historic cities. The Pope himself was probably killed in the attack. Once my new model of strategic bomber is deployed I should have the ability to reach Washington.

Sounds like something amerikikes would do.

Level them to the ground
America needs to be eridicated

do they even have any troops left at this point?

Thats a little bit of overkill dont you think?

The culling in Norway set them back several years but they still have quite a few divisions scattered around.

But the Americans have the same amount.

More IC is always useful for oil at least. Not like he has anything to spend manpower on.

It's worth noting that US IC is actually about 2x as strong as it looks due to the magic of Free Market making everything cheaper.

DH ai is seriusly broken, there should be a certain moment where AI stops producing and surrenders after certain losses.
For eg in my campain as Italy war was still going on with ZSRR in 1947 after they lost 15 000 000 soldiers and whole Caucasus

IRL US produced 141 carriers in WW2.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_carriers_of_World_War_II

combinedfleet.com/economic.htm

This page also has a similar number (137):

nationalww2museum.org/learn/education/for-students/ww2-history/ww2-by-the-numbers/wartime-production.html

So how enjoyable can HOI4 with the base version of its DLC's be? I know its shit and Darkest Hour is the superior version but I mean if I can simply just turn my brain off for a few hours and have fun with the sheer stupidity of it all.

The year ends with America getting fucked harder than ever before while North Africa is liberated from 6 years of Allied occupation.

only 5 to go

It's not that I don't like it, I just don't like how the devs of the TOTAL REALISM PROJECT don't use the historically accurate hakenkreuz instead.

They couldn't have sold it to Germans (and perhaps some other Europeans) if it had the swastika in it. There's also the fact that they might trigger people and they're Swedes so they probably do actually care about that sort of thing.

The new year brings the formal surrender of the British empire, with her remaining territories being put under US control. Puppet governments are established in the Isles and the rest of occupied Europe, more or less finalizing the borders of the continent.

The dissent caused by the nukes has crippled the USA's industry and triggered wide scale revolts across the country. Things get even worse as Philadelphia is bombed.

I-I think she's had enough.

Why the fuck are defensive pacts so broken in CK2?

In my game everybody from HRE emperor to English king together with tribal fucks in finland rushed to defend kingdom of rus from mongols.

Whats the point of mongol invasion if defensive pacts completely invalidate the threat?

This treasury shit is getting out of hand.

Paradox balancing bullshit. No other reason. Turn them off and never look back.

Also this certainly explains the Jewish Army invading the HRE.

That's not too OP tbh. Learning is the dump stat, tech spread is useless and piety/prestige is something you have infinite amounts of anyway.

I'm sure if you actually played 400 years you'd end up with way more stuff and basically be a god emperor, +10-15 to all stats or something.

Lmao
Its not, once i was like 10 tech levels above my liege thanks to being in hermetic society and having 28 learning

You know what to do

There's only really 1 tech line for each type that matters, and you'll be like 8 tech levels ahead of the rest of the world in that just by taking the observatory focus + having spymasters steal tech constantly.

QT3.14 tbh

Wait the fuck up, since when does CK2 have tech spread? What's it like?

No they dont, they nuked rome!
Nuke washington and jew york back!

He already did.

Then it must be done again.

Tech slowly spreads province to province. When you send your spy to steal technology, it spreads directly to you from other capitals.

It's really slow, you basically have to be 3 or more techs behind to actually tech up quickly.

VMWare Player would probably give you a better time than Wine. If you don't mind proprietary software, that is.

Since I already did what was asked from me I guess I'll go the extra mile and remove/annex everything and everyone that doesn't adhere to my one true faith

Only under my wing will they be able to survive the great purge

So I download EU 4 and installed 1.19 patch
but apparently VeF in the Mega folder is for 1.17 and I can't download the latest VeF version that is available on the workshop from any external websites?
What to do? Just wait till some user updates the mega?

Don't play the newest patches.

downloaded the game from here
pcgames-download.net/2015/02/europa-universalis-iv-dlc-skidrow-codex-mega-turbobit-uploaded-crack/

didn't have much of a choice it was already 1.81 and then I was like eh whatever, ill update it to 1.9, I can reinstall it to 1.81 tho

Use the pastebin to get older links.

i enjoy the disease dlc for ck2 for this reason and this reason only

Top fucking kek

on this cs.rin.ru website?
yeah I can see the older links for 1.17 thanks fam

There are a few nice things, like the different portraits for different cripple states, but I am disabling it next time I start a new game, the epidemics are no fun pain in the ass. I guess CK is going to be pre-reaper for me.

The new Monks and Mystics dlc is pretty fun so far, but i just got it. I liked the reaper comes dlc, it was pretty immersive and having a superb heir only to have him get the pox really switches things up. I like the fact that your entire kingdom and crumble because of things out of your control, it is a story telling game anyway. I really want paradox to do something with the inactive Hellenic religion in the game files. Why they would spend so much time on LoR and not add it is beyond me.

Veteran of EU4, CK2, and Vic2 here. Just got Darkest Hour and I have absolutely no clue how to play it. The interface is just baffling to me. Any advice?

Someone please wake me up from this nightmare, the interest I have in the national focus thing is not worth this much autism.

Could you possibly elaborate?

I knew HOI4 was going to be a fucking mess but I did not expect this.

I have to say, this is not my proudest moment.

Uninstall this game.

It's really not that great a game to be perfectly honest. Paradox is starting to turn into Total War tier bullshit tbh

Its shit but has some neat idea eg. production lines

It will be good after 5 years of development and 15 dlcs

W-what?

Come on user, it's not that bad. Look, I even managed to capture a piece of Holland for myself. I genuinely did not think they fixed the naval invasion AI from HOI2

I adore certain ideas such as the National Focus bits but their just so fucking barebones even for the big countries. One of my gripes with HOI in general was the lack of possibilities for AU scenarios, especially in MP with all the autists that inhabited the paradox forums back in the day. This national focus shite is a God send in that regard for me but it needs a lot of work.

Not at all surprised.

Source? For fucking MONTHS now, Google has absolutely refused to give any legitimate results on every single manga image I’ve tried.

What?
I have mixed feelings towards this, i feel like the main idea could be good, but execution is shit. Also i really liked decisions and events system from DH, but i guess it does not suit "sandbox" nature of HOI4
Also does anybody also feel wierd when playing HOI4? I feel like the art style just doesnt suit the game, when i played DH i felt like general, it had a sharp style, it felt like paper map. But HOI4 feels very like a "game" but in the bad sense of the word if you catch my drift

Fate/Zero

I just cant fathom the part about British Raj.

HOI4 was worst in the series,like some user said,got some neat ideas like production lines,but everything else is so poorly executed ,it cant be redeemed.

Gonna wait for Swedjew to release a dozen dlc before pirating again.

I mean changing the course of history more so than just Germany winning over the Soviet Union or France defeating the Germans in the 40's. Stuff like Canada leaving the Allies behind to go strike out at Ireland, Portugal involving itself in the Spanish Civil War, so on and so forth. HoI2 and DH did not really give much room for shit like that to happen due to its inherit system, which is why National Focus are such a lovely idea. But like the others mentioned it needs a shitload more work.

Yeah it's shit, complete and utter shit. The fact I can't even take a proper picture of the map from a close angle just irks me in so many ways. DH was basically perfect aesthetics wise and God knows HOI4 needs such a thing to happen to it as well, alongside with Stellaris.

Don't try to, I just ignored them until Germany kicked them out.

Paradox wants to make a kike-approved game? May as well follow the kike-approved storyline.

Boku wa Mari no naka

The kebab may be gone, but the shish still remains. Purge the world of all sunni and shia.

I've got the same thing, I think it had something to do with the fact that reverse searching black people would give results like "chimpansee" or "gorilla" and they'd probably rather wanted to have non-racist results than to have actual valid results. It pisses me off a lot as it used to work quite well in the past.

Disgusting. Thanks for the info, though.

I love the National Focus trees, but goddamit I've been playing the game since release and I still don't know how the fuck supply works. I could use cheats and max out all my provinces and supply capabilities and it's just endless notifications about my shit supply lines. The late game turns into painfully tedious micro-managing to the point that I don't even finish most games as my empire spreads so far that it becomes absolutely overwhelming. The only game I genuinely had a blast with (not that I didn't enjoy my other games) is with the USA and making it go fascist then joining the Axis and conquering the world. But the late game result is the same.

My point exactly. This is why I pirate all my fucking paradox dlc. No, I'm not giving you 2-4 hours of hard work for portraits and shit that should already be in the game paradox you fucking jews.

This, i didnt worked whole fucking day in my 2nd world country just to pay some fucking 1st worlders swedes for "portraits of curryniggers" dlc or "dude satanism" dlc

FUCKING KEK

Only adults are allowed to read doujinshis, kiddo.

You disgust me for having to share my love of asses with you. Not as much as this fucking game though.

Strange, but defensible if they've completed all their other goals.
WHAT THE FUCK
Is the AI just programmed to go after all it's opponents territory? Without giving weight to how much that territory actually matters?

Don't kid yourself user. And I have no idea how the fucking AI works in this, it all went to shit when France guaranteed the Checks independence and started the French Faction. Serves me right for not selecting historical accuracy I guess.

It gets better. Also did they fucking nerf nukes or something, because I swear to God they apparently deal no damage to a units Org or Str anymore. Are they only useful for dropping national unity? Cause I've dropped like 2 nukes a piece in every landmark city west of the Urals save Stalingrad and their unity ain't falling beneath 25%. At this point I think I'm making the fucking Soviets stronger with each nuke.

If i remember corectly they said in one of their dev diaries that nukes can make countries stronger
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-49th-development-diary-18th-of-march-2016.914324/

This is not how nukes work Johan, you son of a bitch.

Just do something like this and it will be over
AI is stupid enough not to recognize really large encirclements

Yes, well, about that.

What?
You have over 1.7 million manpower and 98 IC

What are you doing nigger?

I figured Germany could carry my ass to the win since I gave up on this game sometimes mid-39'

Oops, forgot one. For refference the Soviets seem to have about 3k bombers and 500 fighters in every major region.

Just make 5 armored divisions to micro and encircle them
Seriusly beating Soviets is piss easy in HOI4, i did it with 100 divisions as germany [spoiler]and 150 dummy hungarian divisions lmao]/spoiler] and just encircled and destroyed 150 russian divisions in first months of offensive

STOP POSTING HOI4 YOU GOT DAMN DEGENERATE

But user, it's fun! Wanting to kill myself from how shit this is, I need to get DH to get the taste of ass out of my mouth after this.

I'm just making a few horses to steamroll Moscow at this point although I'm curious if the Krauts can actually win this on their own seeing as they almost conquered India.

GO BACK TO YOUR FUCKING MEMETUBE ECELEB YOU FUCKING CANCEROUS PIECE OF TRASH

Are you retarded?

Seeing HOI3 played semi-autistic in this thread kinda makes me want to start playing that again. Reminds of that one Japanese game somebody played and posted about here.

The one where he planned out all his invasions in extreme detail? That one was pretty awesome.

Homeworld?

How do I get properly into HoI3?

Also, how do I stop this Jacobin rebel meme.

I wish i fucking knew

What do you not get about HoI3?

Is it just me or does anyone else really like the writing style of CK2's story telling. It does a really good job of painting pictures in your head. I want to find a book with a similarly superb writing style as this game has.

For all the shit they've changed in CK2, they still haven't managed to make Muslims or the pre-1066 starts work.

I don't quite get where to start or begin.
How do I properly organize my units?
How do I properly organize my economy?
How do I git gud

I don't think it is anything special, but if you are looking for something similar try the Alexiad. The book was written by Anna Komnene in the 1100's and covers quite a bit of their history during that period.

The Alexiad is a medieval historical and biographical text written around the year 1148, by the Byzantine historian and princess Anna Komnene, daughter of Emperor Alexios I Komnenos.
In the Alexiad, Anna describes the political and military history of the Byzantine Empire during the reign of her father, the Byzantine emperor, which makes it a reference on the Byzantium of the High Middle Ages. The Alexiad documents the Byzantine Empire's interaction with the First Crusade and highlights the conflicting perceptions of the East and West in the early 12th century.

You don't really need to

Build stuff you want.

Play Germany and put it on full AI control and post in thread.

Paradox knows by now that they can't get it right. That's why they focus on satanism/horses/immortality, they can sell that to the reddit/meme audience.

New Thread