Are any of the Clone Wars games good? If not what are the recommended Star Wars vidya?

Are any of the Clone Wars games good? If not what are the recommended Star Wars vidya?

Other urls found in this thread:

bfy.tw/1ml
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The wii game used the motion controls well.

KotOR 2 with TSLRC mod is probably the best and most well-written Star Wars game to date

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are good too

The Clone War games are too easy. That's my only complaint about them.

I personally recommend Republic Commando.

The Ai will either amaze you or infuriate you though.

seconding KotOR 2. I also like KotOR.

As much as the show got better not alot of the games were good

kotor 1 is a pretty decent star wars RPG, if you go into it just expecting a stereotypical star wars plot with little variation from bioware's storytelling patterns

Do not play these games, they are fucking garbage.

The Lego clone wars game was alright though.

Lego Clone Wars was pretty decent

If you're itchin' to kill some CIS scum you're pretty much stuck with Republic Commando or either of the Battlefront games.

repcom
battlefront series minus ea nonsense
lego sw 3

i think there was a gamecube exclusive set in the clone wars as well, but i never played it so i can't comment.

does republic commando count?
Its set during the clone wars, and its pretty good.

It's kind of sad that as good as some of the later Clone Wars (CGI) episodes were, they never matched up to just how good the first set was.

General Grievous was so much badass in that first appearance. Like holy shit.

I liked Force Unleashed
The PS2 Version
I played the PC Version after some years and thought it was so fucking bad

the real clone wars is my sperm racing down ahsokas wet holes

Jedi Outcast and Academy are best

MY NAMES ROSH, WHATS YOURS?

MUST-PLAY
TIE Fighter
KOTOR 1/ KOTOR 2 with mods
Super Star Wars/Super Empire/Super ROTJ
Dark Forces
Jedi Knight 1/2/Jedi Academy
Battlefront 2
Republic Commando

PRETTY GOOD
X-Wing Alliance
X-Wing
X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
Empire at War
Podracer
Rogue Squadron 1, 2 and 3

THEY'RE OKAY
Force Unleashed 1/2 retarded stories but if you play them as Force Be A Total Dickhead Simulator they're pretty fun
Galactic Battlegrounds: literally AOE2 Star Wars Edition
Shadows of the Empire (webm related is the best part though)

SHIT TIER
Battlefieldfront

So much cancer. What a way to close out the old Star Wars continuity.

Pic related is the only Clone Wars game that should be acknowledged to exist and was severely underrated.

I just got to season 3 myself and it's how much the quality jumped. The stories got progressively better in 2, but at this point the stories, animation, action sequences, composition, and lighting are top notch. It has me wanting to play something in that universe.

Looks like I may go for Lego Clone Wars and Republic Commando. I've basically played everything else on the list.

I want to fuck Ahsoka.

Now I want too. Where's she from?

Actually, I might as well just get the Complete Trilogy as well. I remember that being pretty fun back in the day when I'd help my little brothers with it. I figure between the two Lego games and the more serious one I'll get my Star Wars fix.

a little off topic, but is Rebels any good? Every thing Disney has touched so far has come out like fan fiction but my friends have been telling me it's pretty decent.

You are wrong.

Do your 'friends' like da farce awakened?If so, refer to pic related

You got any where she's actually naked?

I do
bfy.tw/1ml

They did until I explained why it was objectively shit after giving it a fair shot with them. One is still pretty die hard and likes most of the Star Wars stuff Disney puts out even if he admits VII was shit, the other is a little more critical now. They both agree Rebels is good though but say the blue haired chick is terrible.

joke's on you, I found some.

No MOTS, RC or TPM. Maybe I'm the only one who liked TPM though.

Some pretty good underrated ones as well. Not to mention any of the PSP games. Especially the Battlefront sequels, I always wanted to pull the maps out of them.

I've heard that Bounty Hunter game is decent. Shame Disney killed the new one…
as well as that sick looking Darth Maul game.

What's the FPS on Lego Clone Wars and the Complete Saga on PS3?

Basically, my PC is almost shot so I'm wondering how much worse the PS3 versions are.

30 FPS goal with sporadic drops. That's pretty much performance across the board for Lego games on the PS3 and 360.

Thrawns Revenge Mod for Empire At War bumps it up to a must play since it's as close as you'll get to Empire at War 2 plus the Galactic Conquest Campaigns are done rather wellliterally every other mod for Empire at War is trash to be honest, clone war ones just look bad cause they literally throw everything at the wall and see what sticks and Awakening of the Rebellion is not that fun to play cause the devs for that mod are of the retarded type who think giving the AI infinite units and resources to spam out their ass is fun which makes the mod unplayable

There's tons of great Star Wars games for everyone's taste. Battlefront 1 & 2, KotOR 1 & 2, Episode I Racer, Empire at War, the Jedi Knight games, Rogue Squadron, X-wing and more. Even the lesser-known titles like Bounty Hunter, Starfighter, Rebellion, and the Xbox/GCN Clone Wars game have something to offer. There are few truly bad Star Wars games.

Anakin and Ahsoka would have made a better couple than Anakin and Padme and if you disagree you are an unbearable faggot.

I wouldn't go that far, the game is a bit broken, and I don't mean just the bugs. If you play it right and skill your character properls you get too powerful by level 15 or so. I was steamrolling everything with my Jedi Guardian, it was almost farcical.

It's still an amazing game and probably the best Star Wars story ever written, just a bit lacking in the gameplay department. You know, like any Obsidian game ever.

Other than that:

Also, I know that I'm in the minority with this opinion, but TOR isn't horrible, especially now that it's free.

Bretty good list. If you liked RS/SotE, I'd throw in Rebel Assault 1/2 as cool little FMV railshooter games, too.

Guess I'll have to put up with it, though I'll miss my 60fps till I can sink some money into a new PC.

Thanks for the info.

you seem upset

Holy lightsabers, Batman! Wouldn't people finally get fatigue when there's that many fucking jedi? I was tired of them after Phantom Menace.

Shut up goy, Jedi and lightsaber fights are the whole point of Star Wars. Now have some more.

The show splits it up pretty evenly among Jedi, Clone Troopers, and politics…the political episodes are the worst though and the characters motivations in those episodes usually make little sense.

political motivations never make sense because they are all lies

Dear god no.

It's passable. If I marathoned it I probably would have given up but since I've been watching it as it airs it makes it a lot more bearable. For some reason the season finales for S1&2 have extreme quality spikes that immediately drop afterwards.

The blue haired chick is absolutely the worst by a long shot, the worst part is the show treats her like she's some ultra cool badass that everyone likes. Maybe it's because she looks vaguely like Boba Fett and everyone likes him. Either way, they wrote her out of the show in the current season but not without a painful 3 episode arc focused on how she's a special snowflake with a Damaged™ past and how she will unite the Mandalorians under one flag.

Cool, it sounds like it's watchable at the very least.

and the Mandalorians can't seem to catch a break. They get stuck with what is basically space Merkel in Clone Wars, and seem to be related to the most unlikable character in Rebels… oh well, at least the new Maul episode looks to be pretty sick.

They will forever be tainted by Karen Traviss

It was lel.

What do you mean by Clone Wars games, do they have to be directly based on the TV series or just set during that time? If the former I've got no idea, if the latter then Republic Commando and the first two Battlefront games are obvious choices.

The entire Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series + mods.
KotOR 1 and 2 (get the fanfix for 2).
Battlefront 1 and 2, don't get the new one (the second in particular can be fun in singleplayer, we had a Holla Forums game night of it once too and I'd like to see that happen again but I wouldn't hold out hope).
The entire X-Wing/Tie Fighter series.
The entire Rogue Squadron series.
Episode 1 Racer.
Bounty Hunter.

Galactic Battlegrounds is quite literally an Age of Empires II reskin, it doesn't quite work as well as the original but you might want to look at it if you're desperate for more star wars.
Empire at War has some flaws but there's a surprising lack of Star Wars RTS games anyway.
The lego games are a thing, you'd have to ask someone who knows more than I do but I hear they're good. Do note that they don't have proper coop, it's generally splitscreen only (not even LAN) and that reduces potential fun.
The Force Unleashed 1 is a fun little 6/10 game if you just want to hit shit with lightsabers, the story feels a little fanfictiony but it's tolerable. The sequel is fucking terrible, a step down in every way but being able to chop bits off enemies. If the first was fanfiction 2 is edgy fanfiction of fanfiction.
The Episode 1 game has some surprisingly great moments, notably Tatooine, but also some poor parts. It's too tied in with nostalgia for me to be more objective. Also fuck that one jump in the swamps.
Star Wars: Galaxies gets a special mention though it went to shit years ago with a certain infamous patch and has anyway been shut down. I've got no idea if proper private servers exist but if they do then great.

Honestly I'd drop Jedi Knight 1 down to 'pretty good', it's very much a transitional game both from 2.5D to 3D and from FPS to lightsaber combat and it really shows. It's easily the weakest game in the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series.

Obviously I missed Republic Commando out of the list by accident, it's worth playing.

Note that Republic Commando, as a game, is the consoleshittiest of consoleshit linear FPSs for casuals, right down there with other no-name Modern Warfare knockoffs. As an experience though, it perfectly nails the gritty stormtrooper atmosphere.

Official Star Wars tactical FPS by Bohemia veterans never ever, X-Wing/Tie Fighter happening after years of WWII flightsim development by the same team was a magical fluke.

To be fair the devs did intend to make a game even casuals can play, they mentioned it in a stream somewhere. I'd agree though, the parts when you're playing alone are particularly shitty since the game was clearly designed around having a squad with you at all times and the enemies are otherwise spongey as fuck.
I'd prefer to see a Brothers in Arms style game, that way you could keep the squad dynamics.

Moviebattles II is all youll ever need.

Kyle Katarn and Jaden Korr are the only good jedi

Probably since Kyle knew early on the force classifications were retarded and fucked people a lot down the line

Kyle said the force should be used as a tool and it all depends how you use it. It is basically why he and jaden were able to use sith powers but still remained Jedi

Here's a description of all Star Wars strategy games for anyone who may be curious, since they're mostly not as well-known.

This is a semi real-time strategy game where you play as either the Rebels or the Empire and try to beat the other side through sabotage, diplomacy, tech research, and open combat with forces you construct using resources you mine and refine. Events are organized into game days that pass slowly or quickly depending on what the flow of time is set to. It's almost an open-world strategy game in that it starts right after ANH and lets you play out the Galactic Civil War without following the movie storyline, but several factors are randomized including your starting set of ships and troops, the planets you control, and the locations of characters and the Rebel HQ. To win, the Empire must destroy Rebel HQ and capture Luke Skywalker and Mon Mothma, while the Alliance has to capture Coruscant, Vader and Palpatine. Major characters can't be killed, but they can be wounded or captured. Events from TESB and ROTJ can be triggered by meeting certain criteria, and you can also train Force users to fight for you. Ground combat is auto-resolved, but space combat is controllable by the player in a lackluster 3D tactical minigame with painfully slow-firing ships and bad graphics even for its time. It has a lot of units from the expanded universe, though, like the Interdictor, the TIE defender and the always-awesome Dark Troopers, so if you're into that, Rebellion is for you. Has 2-player multiplayer, but games can go on for a long time so I don't know how many people actually bothered to play it even back in the day. If you like grand strategy or 4X games and Star Wars, you should play this in spite of its flaws. Its replayability is supreme. Also, the game lets you name all your ships, so you can field a galaxy-dominating task force led by the USS Bag of Dicks.

Ground-based fully 3D real-time tactical game where you command Star Wars vehicles and infantry on a variety of planets. Traditional resource management is done away with in favor of the Command Point system. You spend Command Points to buy new units by bringing them down from your orbiting starship, but reinforcement transports can be destroyed by anti-aircraft fire and you have to spend points to replace them if that happens. You get points by seizing buildings, achieving campaign objectives or killing enemies. Graphics aren't great even for its time, and pathing is terrible. Has the same slow-firing unit issues as Rebellion's tactical game, and units' special abilities take forever to recharge. Soundtrack is love-it-or-hate-it. On the plus side, the posture system gives you a lot of fine control over your units, the campaign scenarios are diverse, and you can carry over experienced units from mission to mission or store them for future missions by spending points in your ship's hangar bay before going down to the planet. Has 4-player multiplayer with extensive game customization, as well as Skirmish mode where you can play multiplayer maps against bots. Too bad there are no Dark Troopers here. There's also a mission where you murder Ewoks. You'll feel bad about it, though. You can name your units here too, but naming a trooper Assface doesn't have quite the same impact as giving the same name to a Star Destroyer.

Pretty much an Age of Empires mod.

This game essentially combines Rebellion and FoCom and solves many of their problems, but also cuts out some things that should have been kept. You construct and command fleets and armies, but battlefields are 2D with 3D graphics, unlike the fully 3D battles in Rebellion and FoCom. Units now fire at a believable rate. Diplomacy, sabotage and the like don't exist in this game, but you also don't need to worry about your researchers getting killed or captured. Unlike Rebellion or FoCom, the units are mostly taken from the movies, whereas those two games had many original units and units that came from the expanded universe, and there are generally fewer units to choose from. The sole exception is the Rebel ground force, which consists of carbon copies of their FoCom lineup. Also the attack tank no longer has shields for some reason despite supposedly being an upgrade of FoCom's attack tank. The Imperials get fighter tanks from The Clone Wars and Battlefront in addition to AT-STs, AT-ATs and such. No Dark Troopers here, either. In spite of that, it's probably the overall best Star Wars strategy game. It really deserves a sequel with full 3D movement both in space and on land and with more unit types, perhaps managed by a Homeworld-style interface. Unfortunately, the gaming community has been flooded with retards, and strategy in general is a dead genre because of it.

Mobile shit for faggots who actually liked Episode VII. Every Star Wars game made under Disney is trash, no exceptions.

That's a pretty accurate summary. Empire at War's problem is also that the Empire suck dick in ground battles without Forces of Corruption but FoC makes the campaign a dick to play (the corruption mechanic just isn't fun).

Vader makes up for a lot of their deficiencies and the Alliance really doesn't have a ground vehicle that can beat an AT-AT 1v1. The Alliance does have better infantry though, since they're based on FoCom's Rebel infantry which are also vastly superior to stormtroopers. Of course, stormtroopers always seemed to be better in the movies.

Some other things about the games:

If they ever did a sequel, other than Dark Troopers they should add E-wings, missile boats, Imperial walker variants like the AT-ST/A, maybe some vintage AT-TEs, and blaster artillery for the Alliance to finally give them something that can stand up to an AT-AT.

At least early game the Empire's vehicles are significantly more effective at simply running over the enemy than actually shooting them. I suppose their general superiority in space battles helps make up for their flaws on the ground. Speaking of which did anyone else think the space battles in Sins of a Solar Empire were heavily inspired by EaW? They seem very similar to me.
The other big flaw in EaW is the main campaign being real time. In practice you end up playing it as pseduo-turn-based by pausing all the time but you cannot give out orders while paused.
I wouldn't hold out hope now Disney has the license.

At this point the only hope Star Wars has is that it becomes so unprofitable under them they sell it back to George Lucas. It happened with Power Rangers, but I don't know if Star Wars will ever be unprofitable with all the retards willing to eat whatever Disney shits out.

Battlefront II (2005) GOAT

The movies will probably fare worse than the games. Even the normalfags didn't like EA Battlefront because it had practically no content, but more people will go see the movies than play any Star Wars game.

Lucas, for all his flaws, was actually pretty good with licensed material. He was the man responsible for saying Republic Commando could go against cannon and have individual personalities for its characters, for example. Also he was generally pretty great at world building, the prequels were poor from a storytelling perspective but they gave us a great universe for other stories.
I suspect people will start to get sequel fatigue if they keep shitting them out at this rate. Also opinion will turn against the new films, the prequels were actually quite popular with critics back when they first came out.

Pretty much this. The originals would have been a lot worse, but editing saved them. But when George went to make the prequels, he was so deified from having made the originals that people were afraid to question anything he did. He had a lot of great ideas, but nobody to help him refine them into gold.

Dark troopers came with the expansion

Never played the expansion. Sounds like fun.