Advance Wars CO's

Who is the best CO and why is it Flak/Helmut?
Prove me wrong.
Pro tip: You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IqQRxBSSfqI&feature=youtu.be&list=PLbZvcJcTGa9_bKPhqV15xWHjaBSSvddgb
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=766372329
emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gameboy_Advance_Emulators/Windows/VisualBoyAdvance/86
emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gameboy_Advance_ROMs/Advance_Wars_2_-_Black_Hole_Rising_(U)(Mode7)/44298-download
ngemu.com/threads/vba-netplay-tutorial-network-and-internet.81396/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/35cct9gh28jc9qa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk
strawpoll.me/12579508
forums.warsworldnews.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=14031
dropfile.to/Yhcpwu7
youtube.com/watch?v=UjhZPJUkDS0
store.steampowered.com/app/590380/
warsworldnews.com/wp/category/sfw/co-sfw/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have this autistic chart I made just to prove your point

Thanks user. I didn't think anyone would make on of these.

You're welcome. I was worried no one would ever make another Advance Wars thread ever again after posting that shitty Cucklefish game

I think you should add an extra character. Basically, "powers off".

That's basically what playing in DoR feels like. Also unless you somehow use Xenesisxenon's mods, I don't think you can do that unless you're playing like the Super Famicom version of the game.

Check out all of his mods, he modifies AW2 quite ostensibly and even goes on to edit shit in DS and DoR

Advance Wars 2 let's you to turn off powers.

Maybe it's for the best.

You are right, just look at what they did to Fire Emblem.

Eagle always eagle

Pretty accurate
I liked olaf too, I dont understand what's so wrong and communist about santa claus

Someone has to post that webm with the yihadists shooting at a building with a pirate cannon and call it "maxfags in a nutshell".

I always thought he looked like Karl Marx. Maybe that's why he called him communist faggot. Also his powers where fucking garbage.

Please. There's no reason why this IP shouldn't have a very basic ranked/ranking system. AW2 even had little faggy alt costumes, you could DLC maps/costumes n shit

Shit list, fam

It's only good for spamming low cost units and overwhelming your enemy, while letting all of your men die in combat. Just like Stalin!.

I was a Hawke main just because I liked his theme.

Cockblocks ships and aircraft (or really slow units), turns all battle stats in your favor for 2 turns, hurts all units on the map and it refills fast

my nigga

Rain fucks him up tough.

Nope.

He does look like garl margs but hes no commie, there's two COs in his country that are 900% capitalist.

Dude his CO power is literally based on american military tactics.

I'm and Andy main.
What now faggot.

Seek help, Flak is the solution.

Anyone has that online aw page? It's time for some team autism I think

Now you go back to whence you came

Isn't it better to just play through Hamachi or some shit?

Blowing everything in sight with this blasting off the speaker was orgasmic.

youtube.com/watch?v=IqQRxBSSfqI&feature=youtu.be&list=PLbZvcJcTGa9_bKPhqV15xWHjaBSSvddgb

embed isn't working what the fugg :DD :D

awbw.amarriner.com

Oh wow that's true, I forgot you could do that. I never bothered to in multi, though, so I wouldn't know what to put there.

I just wish someone would remake the exact same kind of game as a fangame, but name it something different than Fan Advance Wars and make the characters and sprites look just different enough to avoid copyright infringement. With no tumblr bullshit.

It's not about the character, it's about the players picking him up overlooking NotSanta's powers just for his looks. He got pretty viable in AWDS though. Random weather should also have a random chance of getting two days straight of bad weather.

DoR had online and AWBW is still an option.

Begone, ghastly apparition

Because you didn't break the playlist from the link, nigger

I must confess that I love you lads. Threads of this quality can only come from Holla Forums.
Also, there's an AW ripoff on Steam called Tiny Metal. Do you think it will be good? I personally don't like the 3D graphics and the fact that you can't see the type of terrain when there's fog of war on it, but it will probably be a good game with some mods here and there.

Are you serious

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=766372329 greelit not on the shop

We had a thread some time ago. I remember there was some big names developing it but I cant remember. Unless it has some big game changing bullshit (which I doubt) I'll probably buy it
Well fuck. I'll try it anyway
That and not having any particular theme, it's like they took a cod game and made it into chibi

M-mods will fix it, r-right guise?

debate me
if you couldn't figure it out till now though, these lists are made specifically to get people mad at them, even if there's some underlying truth in the entries

I thank you for showing me this, but i also despise you because i'm now going to drown myself playing this.

Sasha, for people who play this game for actual strategy and tactics instead of over the top bullshit like tsunamis and extra turns and meteors.

Choo choo here comes the rape train.

Losing isn't a strategy.

Sad!

They're game breaking, moreso than most powers. I like the idea the guy I posted about up in the thread had, of making Tag powers take just one turn instead of two.

Tag Powers are the gayest shit. Dual COs are the second gayest shit. AW:DS is just gay shit.

She's a stuck-up awful bitch but god damn is it fun to use her.

Flak is superior tho. He is the most flexible CO, and can fuck up a Mid Tank with a Mech if he is lucky enough. Also, only the real AW pros use it.

I fucking suck at this game. I just can't be bothered to make a balanced amount of units and place them strategically, I just produce the highest amount of tanks possible as early as possible but it never works out.

I don't know user, maybe you are low IQ, or just autistic.

Or maybe both. I don't know, I've put a lot of hours into AW2, beat most of the war room scenarios and the campaign and I still feel like I suck at it.

Are you swole? Maybe you're a real life Max.

Should we tell him to dye his hair blue, get a tank top and cosplay as him?

What really irks me is that if a unit is a tank unit then it has like 5 tanks. And these 5 tanks can hold a city? Same with infantry. Uhh in real life infantry might not be able to take on a tank platoon or battlelion. But they can take on a handful of tanks with a RPG 32. No single tank is safe from this. Also why arnt there infantry fighting vehicles? They are basically carriers but with guns for infantry.

Honestly I prefer a fresh reboot of battlelion wars than a new advance wars. If done right it could be pretty good. Also loved playing as the greens. But from a kid some of the missions were hard as shit.

Why not? I don't think I've ever seen an AW cosplay, he could be the first.

There are infantry fighting vehicles, they are called recons and copters, you numbnut.
Rocket launchers where explicitly created to destroy tanks in WWI by the 'murricans. Stop being a numb digger and kys.

You mean Humvee or scooters with guns?

Depending on the army you play with they have a different sprite, but it's generally cars with machine guns on top.

Also forgot to add why do tracked vehicles get a penalty of movement when moving of grass or dirt? They are tracked, they are MEANT for grass and dirt movement, not roads. Wtf?!

They actually don't. Treads can perfectly go through grass, they only have a penalty in forests. On the other hand, WHEELED vehicles DO get a penalty at grass, and a HUGE one in forests.

Is the blonde bitch actually good?

Did that penalty still apply to Black Hole's vehicles, even though they hover everywhere?

Fucking why?

Flak is a tactical genius.

Yes, they hovered just for "muh spooky space nazis" feel.

Yo actually a battleship in a lake is fucking badass. It won't get hurt by subs, and has huge damage and range. The only legit way of hurting it would be to shoot it with artillery, because the tank cannons won't do more that 10% damage.

Budgeting. AW2 was an expansion pack made on a shoestring, and DS was funded by FE9's table scraps. We've always been the neglected child.

I'm pretty sure they still had facial animations all the way up to DoR.

What was up with their infantry? Were they supposed to be robots or something?

If you played through the campaign, you would have seen when the text box appears and their soldiers talk, that they are indeed huge headed mutant monkeys in space suits that can talk like functional human beings.
If you think about it, Black Hole is the most humane of the armies, it won't send it's people to the meat grinder of war, they rather send cloned apes to do that and shit.

Black Hole did nothing wrong.

Not during battle animation.
They got different expressions during cutscenes and such but that's it.

She's just Olaf with rain and a suit instead of snow and a fuzzy hat.

F

….I started laughing the moment the music started.

I knew what was coming and I'm still laughing.

Thank you for making my day.

Singles. Kanbei. Lash. Kindle. Jess.

When playing Doubles
Serious, Kanbei/ Lash.
2 Fast 2 Serious : Adder / Sami
Fun Mode: Nell/ Flak
Faggot Mode: Drake/ Olaf.
Do you that? that's the sound of your anus clinching : Sami/ Sensei.

I don't know where I am.. this is Earth right?

Liking any Nintendo game that isn't Mario/Zelda/Kirby related is suffering. It's like knowing you're going to get the shaft and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

No one has vidya life easier than us Kirby fans.

Bump, i heard you can play AW2 with up to 4 players on mednafen but i never tried it.

Learn to counter
If you're in a map where the enemy has a CO whose powers involve infantry and/or there's airports around there, roll out a couple of Anti-Airs early on to get the advantage over him. Mech spam is only ever bothersome when you can create a wall on a chokepoint, anything wider than three tiles or with lots of air-naval opportunities makes it obsolete. Generally, unless you notice a pattern in the enemy or you have personal strats, you should try and follow these riles:

- Capture the buildings/base further away from you, even if it means sacrificing early funds. Bases are super important and Infantries are 1k a piece so you can conquer shit later.
- Never build just one of the same unit unless you can use a choke
- Always have indirects ready after first contact with the enemy
- Don't be afraid of using a CO power instead a SCO if it means getting to a key point of the map quicker
- HQs are criminally underprotected, have scouting units to see if you can steal them (if playing on FoW)

IIRC they're just small city blocks, not an entire town

Probably memory problems. AWDS has them back but they're nowhere as memorable.

Totally Flaked was really good for when it came out. At least it was just simple comedy and no muh drama tier shit.

Not to mention, it really fucks with you, since unless you have animations on, you won't know what hit you or how to counter it.

b u m p

What do you mean by that, did the comics degenerate into shit like "this forum user is dumb and I'm le smart man xd" comics that are worthy of LOL threads, or what?

But thats not Adder.
In DS the edgelord alt costume is mandatory.

You truly are a high leveled memelad, aren't you?

Because of 9/11. They thought the light-hearted views on war wouldn't be appropriate for a Western audience, where most of the sales for the series came from.

Some people just need to die.

friend, the nintendo switch isn't region locked. If the treehouse fucked up a port you could just import the NOE version.

The European AW version got censored too (Olaf is not Santa, the Lucky Bitch got sleeves, Sudoku Bro is not wearing samurai armor, Grit doesn't have the cowboy hat and Sonja is green instead of red.)

Adder is far too skinny to be Marilyn Manson

I like Battalion Wars better

Cuck.

Don't misuse cuck like that, you fucking faggot.

Whatever, faggot. That game is trash with no naval combat and no strategy. You should feel ashamed.

We will never get a good sequel with an army painter and make-your-own-unit feature

Nell is actually good. No weaknesses, Luck can be OP on unit pushes AND the defense of the push.

But why be anything when you can be hachi/sensei or the jew brothers, the best two comps in the game

Sasha's Co power is only 2 stars and is spammable, and it counters EVERYBODY.
her co power is also very good against characters that need a lot of co power build up. Sasha is good in general, and it triggers anons to the point they meme she's not good to avoid future anons using her

Flak is still better lol.

Flak is a meme, a Max 2.0

Actually, he's just an inferior Nell.

Of the 3 luck-based CO's (herself, Jugger and Flak), is it generally understood that Nell is the best because she is capable of inflicting lots of additional damage via luck, but does not suffer from any potential damage output penalty. Her daily ability also allows her units to inflict 1 or 2 additional damage. Keep in mind that this a damage buff and not merely a firepower buff, so regardless of the enemy unit's defense, your unit can still damage it.
Many players have deemed her a powerful CO due to her ability to possibly kill a Megatank with an Infantry during her Super CO Power

I got dubs, therefore I am right. Suck it.

So according to this, I'm a supreme gentleman of impeccable taste, but nobody should ever trust me.
Still better than picking Eagle.

bump

You got the faggot generalizing down.

Literally why.

Fuck you so much for even reminding me.

there are cute girls and even lolis in the games that you should always pick over anyone else.

No, they stopped while they were ahead. Instead of becoming a series with muh drama like with so many webcomics they ended it.

Alternate costumes show you're dedicated to the vidya

IIRC Nell is the only one who was changed for muh sex reasons, all the others were stylistic changes because Nintendo doesn't want the west to use a pirate lad as CO.

How good is it? I always thought it was way too cheesy even for AW, I mean fucking NotRussians use modified tractors as tanks.

Flak is a worse Nell, which is why anyone who's using him should not be underestimated.

How hard would you fuck Mini Stalin, Holla Forums?

howcome "mechanized" infantry in advance wars are just foot soldiers without a truck or anything?

they get loaded into apcs in most maps anyway so its a moot point

okay niggers time to make this happen already

emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gameboy_Advance_Emulators/Windows/VisualBoyAdvance/86
emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gameboy_Advance_ROMs/Advance_Wars_2_-_Black_Hole_Rising_(U)(Mode7)/44298-download
add:
00009E1F 000A1006FD98 0007
and
8202805A FFFF
on Cheats>cheat list>code breaker

"Bazooka" was too long for the menus in AW1.

Terrible chart

0/10

I eventually switch to Jess in DS.

Ya it can be cheesy at times. It's easy enough to ignore though. If you like AW in a 3D real-time version, you'll probably like BW. The second is better in terms of amount of units for each faction, but I find the first better in difficulty and capabilities of units

if anyone deserves niggers its russia

Yeah but how do we play?

As simple as that. Come on, we almost had a 2v2 yesterday

Yeah that works but what's the hamachi room to connect or whatever? It can't just play online by itself you know. Also your codes don't include the third character for each faction (eg: Jess, Sensei or Colin. Although the later two are OP as fuck, Jess is weak enough to be balanced for MP play and her theme is quite gud)

;_;

I was waiting for more people to create it but whatever
H8CHAN ALT RIGHT SIKRET CLUB
pass: 1234

First 4 to join get to stay on my game

fucking KEK

Uh, network name doesn't work.

Just copy it from here

I noticed what the error was
there's an space right infront of CLUB that i din't see

So, is this better than mednafen in some way?

It won't work lads.

We tried VBA but it won't connect, even with hamachi's lan networking.
Then we tried Mednafen but then we had difficulties with the controls, we couldn't do splitscreen because it only emulates one person's game so no FoW and in the end it lagged to death before the first engagement.

Shit's fucked lads.

Damn son. Even my shitty toaster laptop can do mednafen with inconsequential lag. I guess you'll just have to settle for altwfc

Nigger, it's just shit connection.

So what CO needs to be spanked the most?

Sami.

Sasha or Lin would be the most fun to break.

I main Max. Max is fun. BTW APC is OP bc resupply

who would do the spanking? lash? i mean, its in her name

We need more AW related reaction pics

I wish I had that Just Dance webm for this occasion

Why live?

on one hand i'm sad, on the other hand i dont get see it butchered.
I kinda want to make a game like AW

There is a shitty open source Advance Wars game somewhere on the net. I don't remember the name though.

LADS
I THINK I FOUND IT
ngemu.com/threads/vba-netplay-tutorial-network-and-internet.81396/

Fuck Lash forever for this bullshit.

Seriously, I can't believe Dual Strike ever tried to act like she could be a good guy after she destroyed Olaf's home.

Good lad

Neither her nor Hawke were good guys, just temporary allies. But Lash gets a free pass because "muh loli".

I really miss lan play

There's also that chucklefuck blatant booleg coming out

What did he mean by this?

He means he can't have an attack-retreat strategy where he sends an aerial unit in and withdraws the one that just attacked because he's a fucking Max Main

So he's mad because he's not Eagle?

b u m b

Bump again.

Judging by her hairstyle and her lips, Lash looks like a character that was originally going to be a nigger, but they changed her to be white at the last moment.

That's not how japs work.

A nigger would have had pimples, not "I put my fingers in the fucking electric socket" hair.
Get your shit together user.

Bump

Japs know what's beauty after being shown the Western arts. The only nigger of Famicom Wars I can remember of was in Battalion Wars, and even then it was the DAAAAAAAAYUM NIGGU kinda deal.

Battalion Wars doesn't even count. It was made in Europe.

Really makes you think.

Bimp for interest.

Olaf was just silly though.

It's like they hate imagination.

The western art came first, though. It's just as likely that NoJ 'censored' our art because they got triggered by it looking too actual-military.
Only exception is Nell, who is definitely sleeveless in my Nintendo Power. It stands to reason that everyone else would be uncensored there as well if the popular theory held any water.

The game was released first in the west and not Japan?

I honestly think all the diversified outfits, minus Grit and Sonja's, look kind of retarded for a war scenario. I can live with white bearded Olaf though.

Also have you looked at the names? Drake was called Mop. Fucking Mop.

I guess he was the pirate that cleaned the ship then.

The game sold more in the west though.

I can somewhat agree to Drake and Kanbei, it's just that they made the changes TOO plain.
Kanbei looks proper in AW2 and DS, though.

I'm glad that they didn't change best girl.

There is hachi. You just have to look further into it.

You are right, son of a bitch was behind Nell all along.

Valid criticism.

Now they only care about making waifubait shit.

be the change you want to see in the world, nigger

I mean, Dark Conflict didn't even make it to the Japanese market because it sold like shit in Burgerstan and Yurop.
Is this how Dreamcastfags feel?

oh no, the bully got bullied

Just make a goddamn fangame and call it Advanced Warfare and put characters that don't look like 1:1 representations of the original commanders

I can't even code. Pass me a course for Pyhton or some shit so I can get startrf.

Is DoR worth it? I can forgive lots of flaws if the art is real good like that.

Cyrus was best waifu.

my family and I always played tag teams though

my father and brother always picked colin + kanbei, I was the only one who mixed it up

so he literally just added luck, that's all?

I always liked to use her on maps with lots of cities, because obviously she gets very powerful there.

its okay, not everyone can be above average intelligence, user :(

tfw offering my brother to play Caulder if I get penny + map gets permanent snow storm and he refused :(

I just want variety.

The in game sprites and "animated jaypegs" are utter dogshit and barely recognizable between each other, but the base game is really fun. It's the weirdest installment of the series because not only is it completely serious in tone but the mechanics are a mash between the old Super Famicom Wars, Battalion Wars and Advance Wars.

Add and subtract
Or you mean the guy making the video? He just shows the rounded off versions of the min and max damage you can deal with any unit, so you don't have to guesstimate it.

what flaws are there to ignore?

an incredibly poor story?

It wouldn't surprise me a whole lot if modern gamers were incapable of finding the options. That in turn would burden them with slow map animations and the lackluster battle animations.
Also the writing is unbearable if you're a europoor.

I could end up doing that in gamemaker, but:
1) Dual strike was the first AW game I have played, and I enjoyed it. No idea why people hate that game, or resent people who like it.
2) Nobody is paying me to do it.
3) eh…
4) Eh……
5) Ehhhhh……….
t. Know Java, C, C#, Python, Basic, and Javascript (but it's shit).

Nobody ever explains explicity the pros and cons of DS compared to 2. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sami bestgirl.

I mean it's the Marvel vs Capcom of strategy games, but still.

2 is better for singleplayer because DS's campaign is mind-numbingly easy and it's plot is a melodramatic cringe-fest.
DS is better for multiplayer because powers charge 3-4x faster than in 2, and black bombs exist to keep *this* from happening.

Fair enough, thanks for the explanation. I don't play a TON of AW, but I had fond memories of DS years ago.

TL;DR: I don't want to (over)promise/hype anything, but I could be tempted to make an AW style game with no expected delivery date but with no PLEDGE MY KICKSTARTER BROH, either.

I've not used gamemaker before but I've played around with unity a bit and gamemaker looks much easier compared to it all things considered. How many anons would actually play this? If I did actually end up making something I would make my own IP for it
(And sell it for like $2.50, or 1$, or something on GOG, seeing as how the first release may or may not have all the content, and with copies sold as a probe to see if anons would actually play it.)
and try to capture a good chunk of the mechanics of AW, within my own setting, of course.
Could do space, dystopian, even medieval. Hell if you want dinosaur mounted rock throwers That is way too contrived. Although doing a Cyber-80's theme like FC3: Blood Dragon could be neat.

Depends on some shit:
1) My own free time
2) Anons actually wanting to buy and play it.
3) Art………………….
I might be able to get a friend to do art and sound, he does good sprites, sprite anims, and 8bit/electronic music.
4) At the bottom, but my own personal morale for wanting to build it throughout the lifetime of the project.

Story is generic shit, graphics are ugly as sin in some areas and there's no middle ground between the average and broken commanders, unlike in previous installments where they followed some kind of tier. But literally anything else in the game is top notch, if we could get the visuals of AW2 back and have the same core gameplay as DoR it'd be great. Also it had fucking WiFi.

Cons of DS compared to 2:

If you ask me, they should have bounded the Forces to Labs and given air units the ability to pass over ground ones if there's a spot available.

Like he said, Advance Wars 2 has a very fun, very challenging campaign mode, AI hiccups notwithstanding. AWDS is just piss easy, the final boss is basically shooting down three blob cores while blobs tediously advance towards you one tile per turn. Black Bombs were a pretty neat idea though.
What sorcery are you speaking of

I would help but with only a fuckton of AW hours of gameplay to offer, Im only an ideaguy

I would take away the mech and infantry units and replace them with at the start, just three options.
As it sounds, and cheap
Then the other two options allow 1-2 squad weapons, for more money.
More effective against other infantry units of all types, costs more. HMG ammo must be resupplied by APC.
(There's gonna be recoiless rifles, because that's my /k/ fetish)
Unit now deals effective damage against vehicles. Costs more. Bazooka ammo must be resupplied by APC.

APC - Can refuel/refit all 4 adjacent units X times until it must rest on a city for 1 turn to resupply.

Also, for animation purposes, the special weapons carrier is killed last. The other guys could pick up the weapons off the dead guy.

Well, if I end up doing this I might post a thread here and there with updates or requests for constructive criticism, ideas, or advice; AW general would be included if one does not exist.

——
I'm considering the cyber theme tho, but cheery warfare in a dystopian setting would be hilarious. Anons can give opinions if they want. Oh boy, cheeky comical 1920's theme there you go. HAVE AT THEE LAD!

Hol up
DoR has a much rounder tier list than its predecessors. Exactly half the cast is mid, and you've got a much better shot at beating Isabella with a mid tier CO than Colin or Sensei. Similarly, underpowered COs like Forsythe and Tasha have more of a fighting chance against mid tier than Flak, Sonja, Adder, etc.

Actually they're at their best in DoR. You couldn't really spam them in the older games because they lost decisively to the standard infantry+artillery formation. Sami and Sensei could field them because they boosted them, but you still had to build other things, including lots of regular infantry, in order to function.
Infantry are so bad in DoR that mechs largely take their place as the filler unit you spam as you save up cash for vehicles.

half/v/ set up a thing with Mednafen a couple years ago. The infrastructure still works fine for the most part.
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/35cct9gh28jc9qa

Why do you fags refuse to just get with the time and play Days of Ruin?

Fucking do it, user.

Cyber dystopia best.

Vid related. That game is so good btw if you haven't played it.

Pick one, unless you wanted cyberpunk, which is more like Deus Ex, or No More Heroes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk
Emphasis on high-tech low-life in that setting.

Unless you went further and wanted a Cyber Post-Apocalypse where perhaps new nations have come about from the ashes of the old world and they're using cyber tech to do it.

Here's a strawpoll for the thread if anons are still around.
strawpoll.me/12579508

Do whatever the hell comes easiest, m8. I'm just saying a cyber theme is more appealing to me.

START PLAYING DAYS OF RUIN!

Why can't you FAGGOTS just play the most recent one!

FUUUUCK YOU!
STORY DOESNT MATTER IN MULTIPLAYER BATTLES!

There is Cyrus who is the cutest boy ever. Just imagine he is a girl. RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I would. I just can't find anyone else.

The servers are down?

The official servers are down, but this can be cheated around.
forums.warsworldnews.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=14031

No DS… Anymore.
Owned GBA SP for 10+ years perfect condition. I've been through at least 2, maybe 3 DS's and the shoulder buttons are always the first to go. The first one I can't really remember, but if it existed it got ripped in half thanks to sibling rivalry… or it was a really vivid dream of a kid. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The two I know I have, do not have working LR buttons. The earlier one has a floppy top screen that turns pink shaded all the time. The second one, the top screen doesn't even work. Blank white.

Gamemaker I've found after a cursory internet search is $100, so if anything I'll buy a license later when I have more disposable cash.
Cyber theme sounds like a winner to me though.

Has anyone even played the original Famicom Wars series? Specifically I've only ever tried the SNES one for the total amount of twenty minutes before giving up on how long it takes to beat even a mission.

I've put at least a couple hours into every game in the series. You don't need to go any further if you couldn't put up with Super, because it only gets worse from there.

i snagged a rom for the nes one way back when just to take a peek. all of the kings english was replaced with dried noodles so i didnt stick around for long but there didnt seem to be much reason to 'go back' anyways.
apparently some maps have been a staple of the series from day one.

The very bad ones, yes

The flow of the game is what is really killing me over the difficulty. AI can be manipulated, but it takes fucking forever to do anything and the COM players just take their sweet time. The fact that there's instant counterattacks is actually neat, since from what I remember I exploited the AI by baiting it into attacking me whenever I was on higher ground and never bothering shooting shit myself if it wasn't unnecessary.

Lads, lads.
Maybe if we get many signs, IS will get their heads out of their assess and make a new Wars game. Doesn't matter if the style is dumb or super duper serious edgy style. They made more than enough Fire Emblem games for the fucking 3DS. Should we make a page that recollects signs and shill it everywhere then?
Gimme your thoughts lads.

Fuck no, I don't want to hear about feminism on the battlefield, they can leave that to Stillborn, either it's a fangame or it's the same title but published on another console.

We won't get feminist bullshit if Nintendo of America gets it's shit together. Fucking nigger Reggie is the worst piece of shit Nintendo ever got.

ITS
I T S
Still, no, I don't want them touching anything I loved ever again. I'm much more glad that Ice Climbers will forever just be an NES title from my childhood and a nice bonus in Melee and Brawl instead of the next Shitizen Kane of gaming.
In unrelated news, found a guy who put together the whole map roster of AWDS and beat it with S ranks in each mission with as little turns as possible through AI and luck manipulations.

Ever heard of possessives, friendo?

If it ain't Flak it ain't right.

Days of Ruin had a perfectly fine story. It wasn't great, but it wasn't shit. Don't be faggots.

It's = it is
Its = possessive

You fucking monkey.

Well this devolved into shitposting rather quickly.

Did you just autistically screech?

fuck me lads let's get back on topic. Still considering pissing around with GMS later in time but I went ahead and started doing some vidya mechanic writefaggotry (a muse of mine). Take a look through it if it'll get you faggots back in line.
Geez.

If you want a CO, FIRST read the doc to get a feel for it, then, this format.

Name of Faction
Sample Name:
Sample Description
Power Charge Bar: (small,Medium,Large)
Example Quotes: (For a relay of personality, put 2)
-"Sample Quote"
-"Sample Quote"
Passive: Sample Name
Sample Description
CO power: Sample Name
Sample Decription

Then add a small explanation of what do and their strategy.

If the CO isn't shit I might consider it.

Doc isn't nearly complete but you faggots derailed the thread too soon.

dropfile.to/Yhcpwu7

M A R K

I never bother reporting posters. I disgusts me in normalfag forums where
"WE HAVE TO REMOVE TOXIC PLAYERS WAAAAAAHHHH"
is commonplace.
I wasn't even aware reporting players on this site was even significant.

Damnit, forgot to greentext that shit.

Red Pill
A land who worships the god Kek. Their army runs on meme power! watch out for dubs!

Pepe
CO power: Praise kek
Power Charge bar: 1 star (small)
Roll for dubs. Luck is capped for the first x units you engage in combat. Stacks and perseveres after turn use. Power and defense go up for the turn of use and the next enemy turn like all other CO powers.

Super CO power: Meme Magic
Power Charge bar: 3 stars/your discretion
Luck is capped for all units you engage in combat. Stacks and perseveres after turn use. Two charges for every unit.
Power and Defense for that turn like any other CO power.

Passive: 10% chance to get doubles, giving you two units on build up
10% chance to get doubles, giving you chance of doubling capture rate
10% to get doubles, giving you chance to double your firepower and/or defense on engage
5% chance to get Trips, giving you three units on build up.
5% chance to get Trips, capturing city/base/HQ fully in one go
5% chance to get Trips, tripling your attack and defense power on an engage

The chance to proc doubles or trips depends on each engage and not per turn, although at the beginning of turn Pepe can proc it and the next unit will get doubles or trips, as a free passive roll in his turn. It can proc if Pepe is tagged with another CO and is not the chosen CO at beginning of turn.

Alternate CO Power: increasing the chance of doubles and trips to X percent
Alternate Super CO: increasing chance to get doubles/trips by X percent/ always get doubles and 50% for trips (nerf to balance if needed)

Pepe just looks smugly when defeating enemy troops a la AW1
If Pepe loses he'll make a sad pepe face, a la AW1

if its AW2 just look smug always.

Not to mention you were supposed to pick one of the existing factions. No super CO powers, and were supposed to have quotes.
That's also OP as hell even if it is Pepe so no.

That's just a slightly more broken Nell that can get free units out of nowhere for no cost.

b u m b

kill niggaz lal

Olaf's theme is THE SHIT.
youtube.com/watch?v=UjhZPJUkDS0

It's THE enemy music for me.

I always felt that Bolt Thrower was the kind of music Flak would listen to. Am I the only one?

Sounds about right, tbh.

Also, bumperonis.

I can totally see him headbanging to this, I bet he's a total bro to hang around

Anyhow if the kike mods won't remove my posts again, have some more AW content

are you feeling it, user?

B-bumperino, lads.

bumb
/faggotpol/ drama for filler

Don't you have any AW related content to bump this thread with instead of unrelated stuff?
How about discussing which mission or map you hate the most or which unit needs a reworking? I've recently been messing with some Super Famicom Wars since I wanted to get a feel for the game and from what I can gather it has an… "interesting" way of dealing with balance issues:

- You can only build shit from the properties you own on day 1. That means that while it's perfectly possible to grab another base, its only purpose is restocking your hp and fuel. To counter that, literally every unit has 99 fuel and goes through the same AW related usage you know of.
- APCs are split into two units, a Fuel Truck whose purpose is to just give you munitions and fuel and that just moves on tires and the actual APC, which is like a mini-recon with boarding capabilities. It's very alien to me but at the same time it really feels more "realistic", since APCs are primarily designed to securely transport units and in real life they're kind of like weaker tanks rather than coffins on threads.
- Units can hit a lot more other units. Battleships really feel like a good investment since they can hit everything, there's a proto-Duster unit as well that can hit everything yet nothing in particular. Though some units stay with the crippling specialization that makes them basically situational at best, i.e. Subs just counter Battleships and Landers and that's it.
- A default victory condition is owning all the neutral buildings, which in theory makes sense since by that point you're swimming in resources.

The only two things I think the game could definitely do without are the wasted turns when loading units onto transports and the lack of first strike advantage. Feels like 90% of the game is just about baiting the enemy into your indirect's range and occasionally throwing in the good counters like Fighters or Battleships. I like that infantry-spam is basically a waste of time since every unit can kill them and gains experience from doing so.

The railroads where OP though.

Infantry walls are more powerful than ever in the old games. At least in AW1-3 the tank/recon/helicopter wins decisively when it manages to hit an infantry that's not covered. Prior, the infantry wins no matter what because simultaneous attacks let it scratch its own worth off of the vehicle that attacks it.

Yet APCs can cut through them like butter and the indirect game is much more important than anywhere else. I'll give you that Infantry could block river crossing units, but spamming them just gives a lot of exp to the enemy if you don't protect them in some way.

When coming to Fire Emblem from Advance Wars, I was pissed at the lack of strategy that FE needed to actually win; just boost the RPG elements and that's enough. Advance Wars isn't the hardest series, but at least I can still put my thinking cap on.

jesus OP

hue

In some regards they're similar: in FE, you just max out the stats for whomever has the highest hp count at the beginning of the game, find a choke and park him there to let the enemy suicide onto him.
In AW, you do the same several hundreds of times with the designated unit. At the very least the online versions of the game try to circumvent this and go out of their way to fix the FTA problems.
You will never be as retarded as IS.

The difference is that AW didn't shelve its rating system. And while the S's are free in 2 and DS, turtling isn't going to get you a good grade in 1 or DoR.
Also 'he isn't rachel' isn't a good way of measuring CO ability. Von Bolt is a solid CO because of his great passive and the simple fact that all missiles are good (except the ones you buy at factories, obviously).

I'm not saying he's bad, I'm saying Rachel's SCOP is kind of bullshit for how little it costs, but then again most shit in DS is bullshit.
Though I'm glad they made him Sturm Alternative instead of having to choose between Sturm Lite or Sturm Fuckyourunits

I'm gonna try out the first game on the super famicom.
What am I in for?

Kinda prophetic reaction pic

The game is very slow. The AI is much more focused on the objectives and understands well the importance of bases and infantry, but it has the same fuckups of other games, their build orders are especially insane since even one of the "Elite Trio" characters, Billy Gates, will sometimes eschew his immense funds and purchase units he doesn't HAVE enough of but doesn't NEED either. Oh also keep in mind, APCs can also shoot things, you can only build on your starting bases, you need to refuel all the time the most important units, always get units back to full health, capture the laboratories because they give you a single not-Neotank each, build a lot of infantry and remember that there's no first strike so you both take heavy damage whenever you attack.

Well this is useful.
This is gonna be hard.

If only this game was in english, I only know the bare minimum like how I can check how much damage certain units do to others and check HP.
Any of that shit in the menu? Fucking nope.

Actually you can take advantage of this on all but one CO (IIRC he's called Yamamoto), since the enemy is affected by the same shit. You do level up your troops with kills though, so you can just bait them into indirects fire constantly.

I'm not seeing any kind of exp bar or leveling up when I inspect my troops. Is this something I gotta turn on?

It's the stars in their menu. It's their EXP, it fills up the more damage you deal and the more kills you get. I am not sure how it works on the minute details but some targets arbitrarily grant you higher EXP than others.
I forgot the buttons but one of them toggles the hps on and off.

Okay so I figured it out, when you start a game you get this menu where you… configure shit before you start a campaign.
Red circle is fog of war, the green circle is the exp/leveling up.
Still gotta figure out what all the other shit is for.
Nice trips.

ゆうせいしょうり = 優勢勝利 = superiority victory, i.e. if you own all neutral buildings, you win.
こうそくモード = 高速モード = high speed mode, probably related to animation speed.
サウンド means sound and ステレオ means stereo.
かんいせんとう is likely 簡易先頭, "simple battlefield". Could be the original zoom, but I'm guessing here.

I meant 簡易戦闘, god dammit.

One of them is "cap limit". Basically if you cap most/all neutral properties on the map, you win by de facto owning the whole place.

Thanks, anons.

Going to shill a bit here, anyone heard of a game called Into the Breach? its going to be a lot more tactical, in a similar vein to FTL, but its reminding me a lot of Advance Wars.
store.steampowered.com/app/590380/

Updates on the war efforts, user?

But where's the torrent

Not even out yet mang.

I've pretty much just replayed the first map several times to try out the different CO and which one to fight against, apparently they behave differently. I ain't picking an easy AI, I'm no casual.
I love how the AI actually follows the fog of war, unlike the AW games.

Yamamoto is fucking OP, all his units start at level 2 even with the leveling off. Also Hitler is in the game which is funny.
I'll use Caroline because she's a qt. The luck helps too.

But it's clearly Hetler
Also Caroline is like proto-Nell so you're kind of cheating at that. If you want a true challenge you should pick one among the default COs.
warsworldnews.com/wp/category/sfw/co-sfw/
All the AIs work a bit differently, the list here doesn't explain it too much in detail though

Well I ended up picking Billy to fight against so that's fine, right?
And the luck thing doesn't even proc that often during fights.

Okay I'm having a bit of trouble against Billy, he is rolling out the most expensive units before I even have one and I am getting outnumbered hard.

I only report retards or completely shit posting.

Keep damaging them with indirects instead of killing them, unless it's other indirects, infantry or potential hard counters for your units. The AI tends to be very conservative with their units and tries to get them out of harm when heavily damaged, but it doesn't construct additional ones instead.

Billy or not, the game quickly falls apart if you run the standard formation.

If only low HP Infantry could be just run over by threaded units, this shit wouldn't be allowed

Well this couldn't possibly go wrong.

shes a scientist you stupid stormnigger. she has the stylized einstein hair that you see plenty of cartoon scientists have. even back to the future did it

Or if you could delete already moved units.

The Japanese absolutely hate Einstein though. IIRC Dr. Wily is supposed to be a comical version of the guy.

???

You know when you could have achieved a breakthrough, but an infantry or another unit sits there at 1 or 2 HP.
But all the units that directly border enemy troops have already moved, so you can't delete them, but if you could, you could send the second line in and maybe reach that artillery or rocket launcher otherwise out of your reach.

But it's unfair, the unit has done its move, it shouldn't be able to move or be deleted at all, otherwise you'd have killed it immediately. In fact I believe even rolling back on FoW movements is an ugly mechanic that can be extremely easy to exploit.

Deleting a unit that's already moved will always be a neg, initially. It's -1 to unit count and you lose out on the power charge that infantry's death would give you in dying more honorably. In 2/AWBW, at least, it sounds like a decent way to challenge the meatwall.

Not really, suppose a tank made a breakthrough into the enemy's defenses and/or stroke it lucky and almost killed an enemy, you delete it and push another one to finish the job in one turn - now the enemy has one unit less to attack you with and he'll lose time in rebuilding it just because you can disregard shit like positioning and defending chokes by suiciding units that get in the way.
I guess it's more of a problem of First Turn Advantage though. I like the method Xenesis implemented with the forced timer, so you can't just take your sweet time moving everything at once.

More like stupid fucking Japanese corporate executives who think that if an IP doesn't fare well domestically, it should be axed. Even if it's considered a smash hit by the baka gaijin.

Why even live

That's not quite right, I believe Nintendo let Next Level Games develop Luigi's Mansion because it was a bigger hit in the West than in Japan. They probably realized that the people who would play a new Advance Wars would be extremely picky about it since how much time the average AW player puts into each iteration, they saw they could just release Waifu Emblem Phoenix edition now easier than Casual and called it a day.

Be strong, user

>>>/cuckchan/

This thread's been up for a month, and you haven't found time to call him a cuckchanner until now? Sounds to me like you're a newfag.

And that's only the best case scenario. If said shield is on a forest or better, you can lose the luck roll and have to delete again.
Being able to break walls is a good thing. If you can't, you wind up with AWBW.