Space Thread: Australia Deserves Nuclear Holocaust Edition

Why will we never have a Gundam game where we decide where to colony drop? I want Earth to have 6 continents.

Other urls found in this thread:

freeallegiance.org/FAW/index.php/Allegiance_Cadet_Program
amazon.co.jp/バンダイナムコエンターテインメント-ガンダムブレイカー3-PS-Vita/dp/B01A8I11Y2/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489539888&sr=1-2&keywords=ガンダムブレイカー3
mangafox.me/manga/ginga_eiyuu_densetsu_fujisaki_ryu/c020/1.html
store.steampowered.com/app/271240/
youtube.com/watch?v=4sdvBYpIYgQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gihren's Greed lets you decide whether to go with Operation British or not buy that's it.

Some of you zeeks are alright don't come to side 3 tomorrow

>not antarctica or north america
smhtbhfam

That could the best thing anyone can ever do to this world.

Day of the colony soon fellow spacenoids.

Good going Einstein.

Don't forget that there is Yellowstone to worry about. An attack that would destroy America would no doubt cause that to erupt, and that eruption should black out the sky.

That's the idea, isn't it?

REMINDER TO E:D CMDRS TO GRIND FOR THE 8TH IMPERIAL PILOT'S SYNDICATE IN WHEEMEZ
Things you can do to help:
Bounty hunt, profitable trades, missions and turning in exploration data into any stations we control. Bradfield is the only one atm.

You need to get space colonies first, then you drop your rock. The situation that would cause, combined with our current climate would come close to being an extinction event, I think. Even if people somehow manage to scrape by, the various people who were less capable would kill them for food and then starve to death later.

E:D nigs need to get their own thread titled something like "planes in space for gay cunts thread"

thanks in advance and fuck off

You know there is this little thing called FA-off?

I came in here to say some of you Feddies are alright, don't go to Sydney tomorrow.

Cool I didn't realize FA-off turned off the retarded speed cap.

Oh wait. It doesn't.

Planes in space.

Then how can I turn my ship and fly sideways if I'm a plane in space.

Sydney isn't Australia neither is Melbourne

What's next? There's no New Yark?

You're right, Australia is a crater

Not to mention flying around a high G world at 9000mps and accelerating. Because there's a speed cap.

New York isn't American

That's Sydney though not Australia
Fuck the crater isn't even big enough to fit Canberra which also isn't Australia

It's only a matter of time. Make your peace, Earthnoids.

NOT
REAL
ZEON

Freedom ain't free. The path to independence gotta be litterd with the blood of patriots. spacenoid and NEWTYPE not earthnoid and OLDTYPE ok. sieg zeon.

Whatever happened to that Gundam Homeworld 2 Mod?

Pick one, oldtype. Real spacenoids don't trust you scheming subhumans, so they were just earthnoids in disguise. The colony drop was justified, in order to cease hostilities and draw the war to an end. If you land roaches didn't want a war, you shouldn't have started one.

Don't mind me, just posting a typical scene from Zeta Gundam.

[spoiler]I like playing as oldtypes more when given the option in the various vidyas.[spoiler]

Wad da fug??? :DD

Unless you read moon runes, you are fucked.

Why fucking Q xenon ships is so op? High damage and meh mobility but they can evaporate your flagship in minute. And a worst thing they are always goes in pack of XQ or just to Q.

The more and more I play Empire at War Forces of Corruption, the more I wonder what the actual fuck the devs were thinking with the Zann Consortium. They are that ludicrously OP it's not actually fun to play as them and shit the entire game up.

Besides dead space or space hulk, what other vidya gives me exploring dead space ships filled with nasties?

Warframe

Well, 17th anniversary scrim of this thing. Devs will be playing as well.
Might just have to attend.

I have always meant to download that and play it, ever since it first came out. I never did. What did I miss?

Uh, Erm. There's really no other game like it. Maybe Battlezone.

So the game is an RTS + Space sim.

So you have two teams of 100

The commander plays it like an RTS, He builds a base, sends miner units out to mine resources, Spends dosh on upgrades, builds bigger base etc.

All of the combat is done by the other 99 players. Each piloting an individual scout / fighter / destroyer / battleship (With other players manning the turrets) In a first person freespace 2 sorta thing.

Its really neat, but intricate as hell and intimidating as fuck to start.

Come play and give it a try, there are probably people playing in the leadup to the big scrim on sunday

Should we convince WweW to play it?

You need to have enough autism to read all of this: freeallegiance.org/FAW/index.php/Allegiance_Cadet_Program

It's intended to be a 4 week course on how not to be a shitter. This only covers pro scout skills and not how2fighter nor capital ships.

Scouting is fun as hell, Bait someone to chase you through an aleph and drop a minefield on the exit.

That is some major tier autism I like it

wait, they do the same shit in all the cartoons?

What kind of fucked up world do we live in where Raul Julia dies and Mike Meyers lives?

ZEON HAS NEVER BEEN TRIED GOYIM

But yes, they all do it

In 0083 they false flag and in zeta they turn a colony in to a laser. It's not all exactly the same.

They are Star Wars lazy with plots.

Cheers mate.

So Star Wars.

There's F91 and Victory which have Jovians instead. The only non-UC one that's worth watching is G and that's a kung-fu movie disguised as a Gundam series.

Forget Gihren's Greed never getting translated, it probably won't even get a new installment…

X was alright and Turn A was pretty good.

The games we do have are fairly solid so I'm not to fussed about Bandai not making more. They would probably fuck them up anyway.

I should really stop forgetting about X, haven't watched it yet. Turn A on the other hand has Capules and Zakus, it's UC as far as I care.

X had a lot of potential but was really disappointing for a number of reasons. The setting was like an alternate UC but the main antagonists were fucking awful, and I don't think it's even entirely Sunrise's fault either. Even if they got those 11 or so additional episodes I don't think they could have fleshed out the Yaoi brothers enough to salvage them.
Still worth a watch though I think.

Its fixed?

You cant fix that shit, luckily for us they made a VR version and finally dropped that game, I dont know why they lost so much time in that game, maybe out of stubbornness or not trying to disappoint the customers that bought it
Good news is that they are finally making X4, lets hope its not a X3.5, a VR game or a mobile game.

The problems are too deep to fix. Too little space to build stations is my main gripe with the thing, if you were to ignore all the bugs.

(impressive very nice)

So i should just wait few years for new space economic simulator?

Im off to play EVE for first time.
Wish me luck!

I'm on my 11th year of EVE. DO THE FUCKING TUTORIAL

This thread is deader than Yang

I'm beginning my invasion of the alien homeland. I'm meeting little resistance in Procyon. I'm checking the planets in the system and sending my fleet forward.

Just posting to say that Yang got exactly what he deserved.

Fucker got what he deserved for what he did to Lennenkampf.
Just look at that mustage, how can you drive something like that to suicide and still sleep at night?

>democratic goverment being lead by jews corrupted cultist
Truly deserved.

To be fair, it does make sense in universe. The original colony drop was the most successful strike the Zeon ever pulled against the Federation, and is how they secured a treaty ensuring the Feds wouldn't employ nukes against them again, a treaty which the Feds even stuck to for a good four years without breaking it! Delaz's colony drop plan might even have been specifically in response to the Feds breaking said treaty, though I don't recall if the colony drop plan was because of that or not. But yeah, the colony drop became symbolic to the Zeon remnants as the ultimate act of rebellion and force, since it was the only time they managed to create a scenario that went well for them for any decent period of time.

Did he deserve to die?

He was too good for this wicked world.

Absolutely not, because unlike Yang "YOLO" Wenli, Kircheis was a good boy. He didn't do anything wrong and was just helping Reinhardt turn his life around. That said, he was destined to die for his fuhrer at some point.

Remember anons there are other anons who are still watching through LoGH so mind your spoilers

The thing that annoyed me most was that he kept saying that no military leader in history has ever governed right and he calls himself a historian whiles just ignoring George Washington

Lennenkampf looked like Stalin except German and had a good heart

He should have just said that he didn't want to do the job except try to sound so righteous. It wasn't like it was some big secret that he was just lazy

Also I was wondering would Kirceheis have been Reinhardt's friend or at least as dedicated if he didn't want to savagely pound his sister?

I sort of forget, since basically every board of merit has promoted it for nearly a decade. Daily reminder for all anons who haven't already to watch LotGH Gaiden & Spiral Labyrinth.
We all know that Yang was a fucking hack at everything, except commanding soldiers. He would've been an awful politician and party leader, but his contention that he couldn't involve himself in the political process always pissed me off. They would've been better off if the coup actually succeeded.
I contend that he would've still been a loyal aide, like the rest of Reinhard's appointees, since he genuinely wanted to see the empire shed its dead weight and assume a more meritocratic form.

Fuck off and die.

Kircheis would have curbed Reinhards more destructive impulses and remained as Reinhards personal advisor, letting reinhard draw on Kircheis's supperior tactical ability. If Kircheis had been there, Vermilion, would have gotten one sided slaughter of the last the FPA had, Oberstein wouldn't have gotten away with fucking everything Reinhard tried to do up, repeatedly, Reuntal wouldn't have been accused of being a traitor for no reason and the empire would be a utopia.

People have work you know?

How did this go from a Zeon shitposting thread to a LOGH shiposting thread?

>We all know that Yang was a fucking hack at everything, except commanding soldiers. He would've been an awful politician and party leader, but his contention that he couldn't involve himself in the political process always pissed me off. They would've been better off if the coup actually succeeded.

Sweet honey covered Valkyries yes. Even as a Imperial fan boy to the core it got me fuggin angry that yang didn't join in, All they wanted to do was plant a blaster bolt between Truhint's eyes and call it a day and that alone would have made the FPA great again

That's a great point user

You also made some excellent points, Except for Oberstien being wrong

Bu I already watched it user I'm just trying to be gracious to the other anons who were just starting when I finished watching it

That's the beauty of a space thread

There's not much to talk about when it comes to Gundam, since it's pretty shallow. Some of the OVAs and movies are excellent, but the main series were never that great and the non-UC content is absolute trash, even though half of it repeats the same formula. When it all boils down, Gundam never reached the pinnacles that LotGH did and probably never will, since it's a series about robot suits hitting one another with lightsabers.

I'm invading the enemy system now. This engagement is taking forever. They sent the fighters in the system to attack my fleet. 696 missiles in flight to intercept the fighters.

Don't worry Emperor user it will all be worth it when you unite the Galaxy

lol

To be honest fam, 0079, the last half of Zeta, and Unicorn were my favorites in UC. Unicorn was extremely good with the only flaw being Laplace's box didn't effect Late UC at all.

I kinda like IBO at start but it's absolute shit as of now. I just started Wing.

Of course, at least in my opinion, LOTGH is the greatest piece of media I've witnessed

I also enjoyed Unicorn but didn't watch the last ed of the OVA even after waiting for years because they screwed over Ridde and Best girl and how full frontal lost the battle gave me autism

Oh yes I agree user, they had a chance to do something different and go with Kids that won't let the world change them to full edge lord "kill anyone who gets in our way and how dare the enemy kill us after we killed them" the sheer waste in potential made me so mad

I'm going to warn you right now user wing is not for everyone, sometimes the plot armor is annoying and it's gets cheesy but I enjoyed it and it gave birth to 2 of thee most beautiful Mobile Suits ever in my Opinion.

It really is a treat ain't it?

So I haven't bothered with ED in a couple of months, I heard the beta for MC has started. I load up the forums and the game and the first thing I see is that it has a shitload of networking issues. Typical FD.

I tried it for myself but had a 50/50 chance of just never joining the ship and dropping me. This confirms that it is is not malice that made FD completely shit the bed with Elite, it was pure incompetence. Oh well.

Have we taken control of Wheemez yet?

I'm just sick of the Barbatos Lupus everywhere. Thing's design reminds me of a Fleur de Lis.

Latest ep has the leader saying he doesn't hate their enemies for killing his men (family).

Yes, and I believe we're in for an expansion soon. Can't say much about the MC Beta since I didn't buy into it.

I'm a retard with a lifetime pass so I can see every failure of FD first hand.

GAS THE EARTHNOIDS, SPACE WAR NOW

IBO was great, until it involved harem ships, UN resolutions and dynastic politics. All I wanted was a semi-realistic portrayal of a dark, brutal universe, and how a mercenary company overcomes adversity. Now, it's devolved to the point of super-ultra-mega-gundams and ancient superweapons. In my honest opinion, Gundams almost always defeat the entire purpose of Gundam existing. By turning MS into worthless zako and revolving around metaphysics bullshit, it takes the entire series away from war and politics, into the territory of a generic shounen series.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Did you get the Break Edition?

Also

You're right they should try to strike a balance with it all

>Latest ep has the leader saying he doesn't hate their enemies for killing his men (family).

That sounds like a major improvement

Break Edition? I got this: amazon.co.jp/バンダイナムコエンターテインメント-ガンダムブレイカー3-PS-Vita/dp/B01A8I11Y2/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489539888&sr=1-2&keywords=ガンダムブレイカー3

Yeah that's it, nice going. Has all 60 bucks worth of DLC on it.

That's a relief

Whenever Atra loses her spaghetti and talks about babies or goes full retard with Kudelia about fucking murder miget, I almost seriously consider shutting the video just because of how fucking cringy it is.

Am I the only one who genuinely enjoyed Gundam Thunderbolt? It's short and sweet with godlike animations AND a decent plot and characters unlike 0080.

I FUCKING LOVE THUNDERBOLT. I understand that it's a vehicle for nice mecha animation and nothing more though, and while the characters are as shallow as a puddle I look forward to when Io and Daryl kill each other.

I fucking hope not, because Gundam Thunderbolt and MSG: The Origin were the best things to come out of the franchise in the past decade, at least. It's what Gundam should be, but rarely ever is.

Haven't seen the animu, but I've read up through the first three tankos, it's pretty good. The romance feels a bit forced though.

Well, the best "Gundamy" things, anyway I fucking loved Build Fighters and Sangokuden

I like it too, although I need a Dynasty Warriors name cheat sheet to follow along with the name differences.

Doesn't help that the main pilot is dull as hell and that it already had issues with pacing before even starting season 2.

Its an hour of godlike animation of MS's wrecking each other accompanied by free form jazz, sure its plot is as straightforward is it could possibly be and it doesn't have the time to really develop its characters , but shit its only an hour and they used that time well. No HG:Thunderbolt Dom or Gelgoog though, which sucks.

Other way around for me, the Chinese readings confuse me to no end.

I wish they would do more things along the tone of MS:IGLOO But not the fucking animation style

I also wished they would back off the angel of death shit

That shit was what honestly ruined MS IGLOO 2, the Gravy Front for me. The first two episodes handled it okayish but would have tolerated it more if it was a one off segment with the crazed tanker since it would make more sense and play more into his character.

At least he didnt die in bed like a little faggot.

The greatest sin in the Neue Riech is being an incompetent administrator. For this, Lennenkampf paid with his life.

t. National Salvation Military Council

> When he died he was missed by more than his fucking dog

Fucking saved, my fucking god

Which is the clincher for Reinhard being better. Yang might have good ideals, but Reinhard is actually willing to do what needs to be done to enact his.

He's also 100% wrong about a bad democracy being better than a good dictatorship, since Reinhard did more for the people in two years than the FPA government did for the entire duration of time that the series focuses on.

A lot of people died because he couldn`t bring himself to be pragmatic and for the price of democracy he could have avoided several billion people to be living in a puppet estate and having their rights and lively hood abused. Because let`s be real here: after SPOILER Reinhard dies the plot alludes to the empire being open to democratic ideals but that`s a big IF and it would come only down the line, if it ever comes.

Meanwhile the empire will kill a few million people during several decades due to anti-empire ideas or failing to reach their work quotas or whatever the fuck all because Yang was to upty about muh morals.

Reinhard wasn`t that much better too: He didn`t cared for putting the lives of several of his men on the line but the moment one ranked official got rekt he would get emotional, specially with the Wolf and the Heterochromia iridum faggot, those were his special boys and nobody could touch them but fuck every foot soldier in the empire.

To his defense he didn`t give a fuck about the means to an end as long as it didn`t killed a lot of innocents, the LOT part being debatable.

The best men ofc is pic related, he knew that, among all these sometimes corrupt sometimes pure men, all they were doing is seizing power through violence.

Just started Votoms this week and I'm already 20 episodes in and I have to ask why the fuck don't people talk about this show more???

I thought it was going to be a gundam clone at the first episode, but its atmosphere and world building are better and their version of newtypes is entirely understandable rather than the lacklustered bullshit that was slopped together in Gundam and forced on us for 10+ series.

Plus the Votoms is a pretty badass mecha design.

Watch on kissanime, it's 720p and it looks crisp and it gets better because season 2 is just vietnam

the alternative is fixing your torrent, getting another one, or not watching it.

the last one is the best option, plus it's convenient, I only torrent movies at this point, I don't have the space to fit every anime I watch onto one hard drive, and i don't feel like buying extras

I'm implying that perhaps one should just use a different streaming site that isn't ridden with ads and page redirects

name them and I'll use it, so far I've found none and if I do they post their shit in 360p quality and have only shit 2000+ shounen. Most don't even have the original gundam series

The only problem with Votoms is the ending kind of ruins everything that led up to it

isn't that site dead? I went on their a few times to get some ovas that I couldn't find anywhere else with seeds and last time I checked it looked like it hadn't updated for months.

Because what little vidya it has isn't all that well known here. Gundam on the other hand has shitloads of games even if most of them are shit and LOGH is just one of those things that spreads through every board, like Baneposting. 4/m/ used to get fairly regular discussion until it went to shit and 8/m/ is dead. Please take the time to visit 8/m/, it still has threads from 2015.
Amen.

I've been using a site called 9anime, only place that has Vifam that I could find and no redirects or bitching about adblockers so far.

So Shipifu?

I choose to believe in what I want to believe in user!

/a/ please go and stay go

I see your little crate of questionably applied technology and raise you a ringworld with room for nearly a quardrillion inhabitants with room to spare and a built in weapon system that can sterilise a planet in one shot.

Jar Jar please leave.

Your memes=Eternal dreams

Welp, new logh manga chapter is here.

mangafox.me/manga/ginga_eiyuu_densetsu_fujisaki_ryu/c020/1.html

Those new uniforms still look super gay

Agree with the alliance suits, the imperial ones im a bit more ok with.
What i am not ok with is that the author has just copied ships from anime and used them here.
Just create your own original designs, you have already made original designs of uniforms and people, why stop there?

My main problem with the imperial suits is that the look like the spoiled nobles and not suited for fighting in any way and what was sorta funny to me was how the classic alliance suits from before were more fancy looking with their ascots and berates

stop

I hate to ask this, but what happened to chapter 19?

It's chapter 0 because i got no clue.

OK, I gotta ask. What's this anime that this thread is full of screencaps of?

Legend of the Galactic Heroes, in the latter half and some Gundam crap in the first half.
Just google "LOGH Chronoligical order" and look up any decent torrent site for the show.
And you can inflict Gundam Wing, SEED or SEED destiny on yourself if you feel particularly masochistic and want to see what the Gundam stuff is about…

Add yourself to the gas chamber you retard.

Thanks, I tried watching some Gundam way beck when on Toonami but I could never get in to it. Can't remember which one it was but I figured it was one flavour of autism that wasn't to my palette.

seem to confirm this.

Actually youtube should have all the episodes, movies and OVA

He's a faithful husband and a great father

Do NOT fucking do this. SEED/Destiny especially is one of the worst parts of the franchise. If you want to understand why people give a crap about Gundam, you need to watch the original TV show, and understand that it came out at a time when "robots" meant literally nothing but "toy commercials for children," and thus was revolutionary for having a plot that was a war drama where, although there was clearly a group of protagonists who weren't immoral since they were essentially just trying to survive, were caught in a war where there wasn't a clear-cut good vs. evil going on.

Ah I see, pretty sure it was Gundam Wing that was on Toonami when I gave it a shot. It seemed pretty shit TBH.

Just as a warning, if you watch the original 0079 as it was, and not the movies, then you get quite a bit of filler and some of it is pretty damn bad.

Listen to this man, I watched the series and got drowned in filler.

>Gundam is shit, I would know since I watched all of Wing and SEED
Every fucking time, I'd swear you faggots were doing this on purpose

Which are the bad parts?
What about, WIng,
SEED and SEED Destiny
Gundam X
Gundam 00
Victory Gundam?
G-Savior
Gundam Wing?
What about Gundam Build Fighters then?
>Its a show about kids building gundam and using them to fight to be the best Gundam Build Fighters in the world or possibly king of games Just skip it.
Gundam Age?
G Reconquista?

See the problem?

there is a game where you can be a space company were you can out jew your competition with actual good products or blowing their shit up with sabotage or something like that.

Maybe.

store.steampowered.com/app/271240/

I've yet to play it though.

The only truly awful ones are Seed and Seed Destiny. Third place goes to ∀

Your cherry-picking and straw-manning? Yes.
Said nobody fucking ever. Anyone who doesn't have comically bad taste will tell you outright that the majority of Gundam is shit and almost all non-UC content (and honestly maybe even half of UC) is fucking irredeemable garbage. There's a reason nobody ever talks about the other stuff except to shit on it. Hell, even the good stuff has plenty of flaws of its own you could shit on legitimately without making stuff up.
If you want to talk about how Gundam is shit, at least talk about 0079, 08th MS Team, MS IGLOO, 0080, Z, ZZ, CCA, G, or Turn A instead of just saying
6/10 I'm a little butt-flustered.

Reminder that G Gundam is and always will be the best Gundam series.

I need my space cartoon fix after playing vidya, so far i have watched pic related
>Banner of the stars space elfs are perfect, filthy humans cant go to space without our supervision!
>cowboy bebop the life of space bounties
>heroic age lets go and find earth while fighting 3 overpowered ayyliums and somehow learning somethigsomething about some ancient ayyliums
>they were eleven lets train cadets by sending 10 of those to a spaceship that is a deathtrap, the kicker? send someone extra for paranoia!
>robotech >mfw no qt meltrandi gf
>LotGH >ywn die on a sofa of old age surrounded by family and good friends

This is undeniably, objectively true

I'm honestly surprised how shit that looks. How do you fuck up that badly?

As a taco im offended, it should be a giant burrito. Is the tequila gundam permanent? or does it just appear in one episode?

Tequlia Gundam was truly made of Mexican labor

Wing has some decent ideas, but it's overall a weaker show. I still enjoy it, but I can't say it makes a good introduction to Gundam

True, but the movies also lose a lot of what made 0079 matter. A lot of that filler gives personality, character, and humanity to the Zeon forces. The movies cover the key events, but it ends up feeling more like a "this is what you need to know for the story of Gundam so you can understand later things like Zeta." I personally can't recommend them.

Victory and X are both good, and Build Fighters is amazing, what are you on about?

G Gundam is one of the best shows ever written.

It's a one-shot.

It only shows up for one episode.
It's an amphibious mobile suit designed to fight in the water

user, enough is enough.

Yeah, I realize. There are some logic errors due to things done with the movies as well, and the timeline just works out better with the series. It doesn't feel nearly as rushed.

Wing was a good starter Gundam to me into the franchise but it does have some flaws though it's suit designs were not one of them, The Serpent and Virgo are some of the greatest suit designs in the series in my opinion and you have a wrong opinion if you disagree with me

Obviously not that user but Victory is good though if not unnecessarily dark sometimes

Think "City Hunter… In space!" A truly classic series of retro 80's goodness.
Aliens invade Earth through a portal and the UN fights them back to their homeworld. Fighter pilots with AI-assisted jets gun down alien shitbags. It's an award-winning OVA series.
Garbage collectors in space, because people are filthy niggers who left lethal levels of trash outside the atmosphere. A great slice of life series and highly recommended.
Flagship of the Japanese navy fights gaijin imperialists in space. A true classic which was remade recently.
The name says it all. You aren't a real /a/utist if you haven't watched it at least once.
It's about a train, in space, and it's fucking amazing. Watch it.
This fantastic 90's series is a satire on the entire genre and pulls its references from many sources. Best watched once you're well acquainted with anime and sci-fi/space opera fiction.
A fantastic semi-satire of the genre and anime of the time. Has one of the most prolific waifus of the 90's & 00's in it. Nevar forget Gekiganger III.

Pretty much this. It's something you watch to know "what's that Gundam thing the young uns are talking about?"

I'm more a fan of the Leo and Aries myself, but yeah, Wing's MP suits were great.

Seconding, good stuff though for Harlock I'm reading the manga since it recently got a republishing for the 40th anniversary, and for Yamato I'm most familiar with 2199 since that's what just showed up in SRW V

Also good, though I will warn in advance, if you watch the movie afterward, there was SUPPOSED to be a follow up show that fixed the ending, but the budget was kill and it never happened. If you want a happy ending to the movie, you need to play SRW games.

Also, apologies for only being able to find a comparative video for the OP, but Dragonar is basically the original Gundam if Amuro, Ryuu, and Hayato were likable goofball buddies and the other two suits mattered more.

if for some reason you watched that damn movie, play SRW V for your happy ending

What would Jerid's G Gundam style Gundam look like?

A Tombstone Gundam dedicated to all of his dead friends and lovers

A goth Gundam sounds marginally interesting…

A fun adventure through the galaxy featuring a giant robot. I'm lying, it's one of Tomino's more notable works outside of Gundam for a reason.
Basically A-Team in space, mostly episodic series about a group of mercenaries dealing with the problem of the week. Good, simple fun.
Bunch of kids are stuck on a training ship trying to get to earth after aliens attacked the planet they lived on. Does a good job of balancing levity with tragedy.

Seconding Planetes, Harlock and Tylor.

I need to read Ringworld.

Wish Vifam had gotten more popularity, watching it now and they just got the sling pannier so the RFs can operate in atmosphere

Thats the ones where the hero travels around, on a carrier on treads for no explained reason** to find super powered New Types, fighting many random enemy of the week type battles with his unique one of a kind super gundam that infinitely better than all other gundam, and ends up on the moon fighting an AI that reaveals that New Types don't actually exist, it was all in their heads and he wasted his time, the end.
Its a show who's ending reveals that the entire show was a pointless waste of time to begin with…

You missed my point. The point isn't that I'm cherry picking the bad ones, its that you have to cherry pick out of all the gundam shows to get one period, UC and not even all the UC to find "good gundam" shows.

Jamille is "collecting" newtypes to protect them from those that might try to hurt them or exploit them. Firing the Satellite canon fucked him up and his final battle with Lancelow basically locked away his newtype abilities, he couldn't use the G-bits without help from Lucielle who was borrowing Tifa's body at the time.

Frieden was a hovercraft more or less. Remember they went out over several deep bodies of water in that damned thing.

Only in the regard that they have the satellite canon and even then they need a direct connection to DOME on the moon. Outside that they were General purpose high performance MS without a specialized roll like the Airmaster and Leopard. Another reason why they're special is this is a post war earth where the only people with new MS tech are the EF remnants whose new suits quickly outmatch the Pre-AW Gundam types such as the Airmaster and Leopard.

More or less DOME explains that the whole Newtype thing is BS and people like him and Tifa are more or less mutants and that the real "Newtypes" are just those living in space colonies since they've adapted to space hence they are a "newtype"

Also should point out that after the war Jamil ended up with PTSD when it came to being in an MS cockpit. He overcame that shit but it wasn't an overnight thing.

Which somewhat severely undercuts the entire "Jamille is "collecting" newtypes to protect them from those that might try to hurt them or exploit them" thing that the ENTIRE SHOW IS ABOUT.
Its like if you made the ending for the first pokemon game into "so you finally beat the final 4 trainers and became the greatest pokemon trainer who ever was, except pokemon don't exist and you are just a crazy hobo who has been training random animals to attack strangers you need and fight in cage matches".
It makes everything the heroes have been doing up to that point, namely finding and protecting newtypes, pointless, since there aren't actually any newtypes. They have just been fighting random strangers for no real reason the whole time.

The thing is though most people consider newtypes in-universe as people with extraordinary powers. Look at the flash system for example, it's able to let pilots control MS sized bit weapons as well as minor precognitive abilities. the title of "Newtype" is misplaced with these kinds of people. Jamil's quest to protect people like Tifa isn't as so much meaningless as still important even after this revelation as this doesn't magically make people like Tifa or Jamill disappear from their world. DOME's reveal just dispels that Newtypes are superhumans born in space colonies.

DOME was basically saying that the word "Newtype" had become so conflated that it had pretty much lost all meaning, and he was denying that. Spacenoids viewed Newtypes as the next evolutionary step and treated them like perfect Aryan gods who would save the world and purge the smelly dumb Oldtype scum, while Earthnoids/Oldtypes viewed Newtypes as a threat to their very existence for pretty much the same reason. The leaders on both sides were using these idealized values about Newtypes to manipulate them and use them as tools to wage/win war, which is the exact same shit that was going on right before the entire planet nearly got completely wiped out when Jamil flipped the switch.
The Newtype phenomenon clearly exists. I don't think the floating ball of conscious energy was disputing that. I mean fuck, if Newtypes weren't real, then bit/funnel systems wouldn't even exist period (and that's saying nothing of all the fucking psycommu energy bullshit that UC established.) DOME was just telling everyone to stop fucking clinging to their own idea of Newtypes as an excuse to wage war, because they aren't gods who are going to save the world, they're mostly just high-functioning autists with quick reaction times and minor precognitive abilities.

I guess, but still Votoms is just a better Gundam series, no whiny teenagers and the newtype concept is actually comprehensible rather than the shit they slopped at the end of MSG. I've watched the original, zeta, zz, and char's counter attack, and turn a and still have no fucking clue what their newtype is other than it makes you get a huge fucking boner when you both are. The reason I like war in the pocket is precisely because there's none of that bullshit and is just an awesome mecha anime with a good story.

Speaking of VOTOMS vidya, anyone here played this shit? Looks like it might be pretty good.

Found some gameplay

That cover is literally the coolest game cover art I've seen.

Should go watch Gundam X.

then may II introduce you to it's predecessor Fang of the sun Dougram?

hey glemy, what'ya doin'?

Trying to make Mama and Papa proud

Muh dik
Nee Endless Space 2 faction trailer

Is that game out yet? Is this fucking DLC?

No and no
Should be released by the end of the year.

Needs Mars Zeon turning Olympus Mons into a railgun to shoot things at Earth with

I have 3,300 missiles in flight to destroy the enemy shipyards over their homeworld. That will put a stop to future use and give me numerical superiority. Death to the xeno.

Make drawing gains and do it yourself, user.

I am kind of curious what's with all the boobs in Endless Space 2?

That assumes that they aren't all dead from shit going on in Europe, user.

It honestly started off pretty weak, but anything is great compared to what it turned into.

The devs know what people want in Scifi.

Boobs make everything better

I really wish there would be another Birth of the Federation game. I want to Make Cardassia Great Again

Thirding Planetes, though only if you're into SoL stuff in space. But the characters are pretty fun and the story (though light) was engaging enough for me. I also appreciated the realistic near-future spaceflight stuff, fairly grounded in actual physics. It's a fun watch, but be warned that the dub can be a little goofy (even at the end of the show I cringed anytime the MC said "senpai").

What's the best ship for combat in Elite?
What weapons?

I'm currently in a Cobra MKIII with burst lasers and Multi Cannons, and they seem like a pretty good combo, but I've got cash to spend and I'm not sure what I should invest it on

Space Thread
Great
I just finished Mass Effect Trilogy with Mass Effect Happy Ending Mod for 3.
I just need more space games now.
I was thinking of stellaris with 6 gazillion mods or Mass Effect Andromeda by those kikes

GOY ALERT

You deserve death.

I don't quite understand, if they are going this route why something new and not the Harmony?

You will go to hell.

What are you yearning for user what type of space do you want to do

Vulture, if you can afford it. Just make sure not to skimp out on the life support.

what are you guys on about?
Mass Effect: Andromeda is a superb game and will get GOTY

Putting it on a little thick there, user.

I'm looking forward to the release, but that's because it's like a 50 car pileup not because it'll be any good. It won't be any good either.

Well I just like space what can I do for it, not to mention the MP looks fun, okay the SP is gonna be quite bad.

I like making huge empires in space and having constantly greater challenges to face, for example in Stellaris you grow, you fight other small "nations", you keep growing you fight federations, then you got other enemies and the grande finale is a fallen empire.

I liked Mass Effect, because, well space, space ships,space travel, ayy lmaos and heroism.

I also liked Star Wars empire at war, I always played space battles, shit was cash.

Or battlefront 1+2.

So many fun space games.

Why are you so insistent on inflicting your shit taste on the rest of us? Did we bully you when you where a kid and steal your lunch money or something?

HAH

Btw I loved Freelancer too and KOTOR 2
Should I keep going ?

What is wrong with you? Do you know how many, actually good, space games there are? Why would you insist on playing that garbage?

Wasn't there an episode with an older Jack from the future that implied that Jack does defeat Aku eventually?

Give me some titles then

Can't wait for next Sat now.
20mins each week isn't enough!

And a broken clock is still right 2 times per day, but that still don't mean its any good at telling the time now, does it?

Man, last night i watched the latest rebels episode and saw THAT FUCKING RETARD EZRA GO AFTER MAUL, AGAIN, WITH NO BACKUP WHATSOEVER! AND ALMOST GETTING HIS STUPID ASS KILLED BY A BUNCH OF SAND PEOPLE AND THEN BY THE ELEMENTS. The duel between Maul and Kenobi was pretty nice though.

Have you tried sword of the stars or gal civ2?, I'll play stellaris once all of the dlc is out for it

get out

Outlaw star.

AKA what Sensitive Joss Whedon ripped off to make a poor copy called Serenity.

beckause it turned into a steaming pile of garbage
StarMade is better anyway

Kek pic related

I find that show a good cure for constipation.

Good.

whatever then, starforge is good too but no one wants to talk about that either, you guys have mediocre taste tbh

giddout

Do you have a scat fetish as well?

there is nothing special about starforge. its literally shit

get out shill, you do not belong here, you cannot sell your shit game

you gotta give credit to starforge though for being the first game with space exploring

I'd post the battleship I made in spacegineers but I'm away from my computer atm.
Fuck tell me when they've optimized the game more and actually made water on planets water not ice.

Build to space not build in space you fool, fuck I tried to build a space elevator once in space engineers and there is a limit to how big a craft can be, didn't even break the atmosphere.

youtube.com/watch?v=4sdvBYpIYgQ
fuck off, shill.

I've seen that vid before and I did try to do it in the vanilla game so obviously mods are required to make it work.
I've never touched Starforge, how am I a shill?

please no

Like these two say

Planetes,
Because real astronauts wear diapers!

Same thing honestly with most fighter pilots. Pull too many g's and fill your breeches

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

use masterani
they don't block you from viewing videos if you had adblocker turned on. Also you can connect their site to your MAL account and have it automatically check off stuff you've watched.

MUH NIGGA

Are we talking about the same xenon here fam?
Theyve got huge fucking blind spots like all xenon ships.

Close in evading the slower projectiles and hug the blind spots unloading IBL until generators at 0%, follow up with an RGW, and jump away. Rinse, repeat until ded.

why you gotta bait like that

speaking of bait, been playing star citizen. gotten pretty good at the dogfighting, there's way more to it than pretty much every other space game thesedays. Requires you to actually know how to aim at specific ship bits and control 6dof, gforce and all that shit, too bad missiles are a zero skill spamfest but maybe theyll fix that within 10 years.
i only paid 30 shekels

Can you do ship boarding yet user?

not in any practical sense. you can sneak aboard a landed ship and lurk around killing the crew and watch them rage in chat but there isnt any way to disable a ship to be ready for boarding. There's an emp disable effect that lasts like 5 seconds but it doesnt tie them down or provide a long enough window for boarding ops.

Thanks for answering user, I guess I'll be waiting for that then

What game can I play to seize the universe?

Galactic Civilization
Sword of The Stars
Star wars Empire at war
Steallris (but heavily modded from what game play I've seen)
Endless space
Star wars rebellion
Masters of Orion
Distant Worlds
Aurora

Many more I just can't remember right now user

Clearly you aren't autistic enough.

The red signifies what I knew before conquering the alien race. They will have more colonies outside the red line, but I have their irradiated homeworld and a significant part of their civilian fleet.

I'm sending in a bunch of colony ships to start my glorious empire. Even if the planet is barely habitable, I will send a colony ship there.

Pleb tier. I would recount my Star Ruler game where I built a solar-system sized Automated Carrier outside the Galaxy while my Eternal Empire crumbled around me besieged by one of the younger races because all I had to oppose them were centuries old warships but it would take a long time.

It looks like Star Citizen now has more content than ED, which is sad for ED.

Is anyone that plays E:D surprised that naming your ship will cost money? The comments are hilarious. People defending micro-transactions and then being butt hurt when people disagree. It wasn't to far down to find the first "Entitled Gamers" comment.

Ship naming is free but putting the name on your hull with nameplates is what's costing shekels. Also, this game is intended to milk dads that have no issues with spending money or care about such practices anyone who cares about fun jumped ship ages ago.

I know I'm late to the Gundam party, but

Come on, now. SEED is mediocre at best. Destiny's first 7 or 8 episodes are surprisingly decent, but once they get to Earth it turns into a trainwreck and never recovers.

Most of the UC timeline shows range from okay to good. Unicorn is great, but it I imagine it's not as enjoyable if you're not familiar with the rest of the UC series (it does kind of drop the ball at the very end, though). Build Fighters is also a lot of fun, but similarly is much more enjoyable if you have a good Gundam knowledge-base. Gundam 00 is good as long as you don't watch anything after the first season. I may be more forgiving of 00 than I ought to be, though, on account of really loving the design styles for the mecha. Especially the season 1 Gundams. Season 2 and the movie have pretty good mech design sense as well. Everything in the Exia design lineage gives me a mecha-boner. Thunderbolt is some good mech porn, but the GRIM EDGEHARD tone kept pulling me out of it. G Gundam is the good shit.

I'm still irritated by all the squandered potential of G-Reco and IBO.

Virtually all of the grunt mecha in Wing were designed by Hajime Katoki which explains why they look so much better than the Okawara trash piloted by the main characters.

i just want a qt alien gf

The pain never ends

Your exact complaint is addressed when Reinhard dies and we're left clueless as to how somebody could fit his specific shoes to rule. The Worst Democracy wouldn't be left clueless when a single ruler ceases to rule. And when Yang died they still persevered at Isolhorn. If Reinhard had died you can't say that the entire close group of experienced fighters he had assembled wouldn't have crumbled almost immediately. Which is why he at the end agrees to change the method of rule.

A lot of what you're alluding to would only work in theory. Assuming Yang took militaristic control of his government in order to save billions he would also be taking the same steps as youknowwho which caused trouble for several more than a few billion. And that's also assuming that his actions wouldn't cause another civil war again causing even more violence.

Though yes you're correct with pic related. He's the most technically correct person in the entire show.

But what if Yang DIDN'T make a new aristocracy based on genetic perfection, genocide billions of his own citicens and set himself up as an emperor, but instead kept power just long enough to secure the country's survival and held free and fair elections?
There's a lot of leeway between "military intervention to deal with corrupt politicians destroying the country in the middle of a war, before trying to rebuld the democratic rule" and "everyone with inferior genes must be purged by the orders of the emperor!"
Also, for someone who is so right Oberstein sure seemed to cause a lot of trouble, spread paranoia between Reinhard and his closest friends and drive a wedge between the ruler and his underlings, while looking to dispose of anyone too competent or powerful in his ranks.

Why does everyone forget about George Washington the poster man for democracy

Because of the other reasons I mentioned as well. If he tried it would likely cause an uproar with further rioting and confusion. Not to mention it would have hurt his pension somewhat. And you need to further understand that if he did assume complete control it wouldn't be a simple process of re-establishing a democracy free of corruption. Assuming he even could if he was able to win the war. By the time Yang was in any position to overthrow the government the Empire was in pretty good shape and Yang wasn't even sure he could win.

Either way given the context to the universe it makes sense that he didn't. Most everybody around him warned him about having power and he chose to put faith in others instead of taking direct rule as a result, which worked out in the end I guess.

tfw no Gundam game where you will get to autistically create your Gundam army from the ground up and use them to wage interstellar wars

Think like, Spore, but with giant robots.

Wasn't it shown throughout the series that Reinhard was taking steps to make sure his successor wouldn't have to be his equal? As the founder he had to do a bunch of things that wouldn't be desirable or necessary for later rulers. If someone like Trunicht died there wouldn't be much of a stir because he was never particularly crucial, but that doesn't make Trunicht a better ruler than Reinhard.

You act like his actions would persist to the end of time though. And many of the actions he took were actually in favoritism to Democracy so the points kind of moot.

That's kind of the point. That in a democracy nobody is absolutely crucial in that the big decisions are made up by majority vote. That instead of relying on 1 person who makes near perfect decisions for the summation of his life you can instead put up with the sum of ideas for 1 imperfect yet commonly decided decision for a much longer time.

FTFY

It's better than being enslaved and killed based on the color of your eyes tbh.

I have. It's okay. It's the best votoms game around, but it's not that great. It's also budget as fuck.

I'd love for a Gunpla based spinoff of GGeneration.

Also new Thunderbolt.

Considering that the alternative is that an autocratic empire wipes out the democratic republic, killing millions if not billions and ends the very institution of democracy, any kind of attempt at saving it would have been better than just sitting and watching as it's all destroyed.

Multi Crew is already dead and it hasn't even been released yet. What the fuck is FD's doing?

Of course it's going to be
It's not like CQC anyway, you can make a lot of money in another CMDRs ship so the incentive is there now. It's also much more easier and convenient then CQC as you can do it from anywhere in space rather then being forced back to the main menu.

You need to keep in mind by that time Yang and his fleet were pretty small compared to the Empire when this was forming. He also wasn't in a great deal of power among many of the people until it was really to late to start forming a military government. Again though Reinhard didn't kill anybody once he captured the remaining democratic planets. Yang had the better idea to keep the war going in a heavily fortified location and become a thorn in the side the the empire until they would have to accept some form of compromise.

If even the beta tester autists who paid for the privilege don't bother with multi-crew it isn't a good sign.

On another note, did we get wheemez?

He didnt give a fuck about that, he only wanted to kill his sister rapist and live happily with redhead guy while conquering the galaxy.
But then the rapist died a happy death, redhead guy died, sister got pissed because of that, later Yang got assasinated, all that shit pushed him into a depresion that slowly killed him.
The only thing he did about the future of the empire was to force all the emperors to be in the front fighting and added a constitution thingy.

It seems a little odd that they used CG for the dogfight scene, wouldn't that be one of the easier battles to animate?

Anyone play remotetech for KSP?
It's basically an expansion to the comms mechanic that existed before the vanilla version, but it seems to be broken for me. Example; I have a geostationary sat network that all connect to the next in the chain, and then they connect to another network about 40 megameters above kerbin, and finally the second network connects to a single satellite around 70 megameters out meant for interplanetary relay. My problem is that, despite being in range of one of the middle network's sats, and that sat having a working connection and pointing to the relay say, it won't give the relay sat a connection. Another one in the same chain with identical settings will give it a connection. There is no feedback for why this is, and everything says the first one should work. All three sats have power, the two lower ones have connection, the two lower ones have 90 Mm range and the sat is about 80 Mm from either of them.
I really want to make this work as setting up communication networks was fun as fuck, but this isn't the only random failure to work for no reason I have had.

Beta testers don't even do shit, the only ones who do play are either playing around with the commander creator or going off exploring trying more thargoid shit or whatever is left of the storyline to find spoilers instead of testing the new features, not even a single report on how the prisoner cabins or missions work or find bugs but they already found the planet where an alien base/or shipwreck shown in the trailer will be. Expect another 2.2 bug filled launch that managed to get passed because fdev would rather have retards pay to test their game so they can go off in their retarded wild goose chase instead of actually hiring QA team.

And yes, wheemez is controlled.

alright this thread has convinced me, what's the best starting point to begin watching Gundam? Any specific arcs/series I should avoid or leave for later?

Try starting with Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny. It has all the angsty kids driving magical super prototypes that can defeat whole armies on their own, each, that you could ever want.
When you are done with that, follow it up with some Gundam Wing to double up on the angsty teens and magical super prototypes and add a protagonist who repeatedly threatens to shoot his love interest, causing her to instantly fall in love with him. She will later go on to get the evil badguys organisation to stop being evil badguys by asking them nicely if we can't all get along?
And then you can go for 00, where the good guys are terrorists destroying civilian infrastructure and murder civilian by standers while the badguys try to stop them. Also the good guys are angsty teenagers in superpowered magical prototypes build hundreds of years earlier by a reclusive madman who predicted everything because plot.

Watch the original Gundam. As in the full TV show. It has QUALITY issues due to budget and pacing, but the movies cut out too much and lose what made the show meaningful, in that it showed the other side as consistently and regularly human and not just mustache-twirling villains. After that, you'll probably want to continue with the Universal Century stuff, so Zeta, then ZZ, then the Char's Counterattack movie. Stuff afterward takes place a fair bit further on in the timeline, but from there it'd be F91, then the Crossbone mangas, and finally Victory Gundam. There's also a few OVAs like 08th MS Team, Stardust Memory, and Thunderbolt that flesh out earlier parts of the story.

For AUs, G Gundam is completely different in tone from Gundam as a whole, much more martial arts drama. It's fucking good for what it is though. Wing gets either overly loved or hated, so keep that in mind before putting it on if you're so inclined. X is good, albeit a bit poorly paced and with weak villains and a rushed ending, and Turn A has a great start and a great ending, but a ploddingly slow middle. Do not watch SEED, 00, AGE, or IBO.

Gundam Build Fighters is a toy commercial about kids making plastic Gundam models fight each other that spends half it's time quoting old Gundam shows. It's a ton of fun though.

New thread