Why do people think this is "hard"?

Why do people think this is "hard"?

Most people's experiences with games are with casual titles that are instant gratification simulators with no fail-state or alternative ways to play. How do you not realize this yet, are you a retard

Viral Marketing

Because of its garbage controls

Reddit regurgitating things they don't understand, and the game actually requiring a basic understanding of most of its mechanics to complete.
Most normalfags are casuals who play games that literally play themselves, or allow progression without learning fundamentals, let alone mastering them.

Because it punishes impatience and rewards cautious play and the average gamer only knows how to yolo into everything and thinks having to slow down makes a game bad.

A lot of people who played DS1 tanked their way through with Havels and they don't like that they can't do that in this one

That's the experience I've had with people who say it's hard, at least

The game got a overall speed boost because Miyazaki's hard on for BB was still in full effect but it mostly made some enemies/bosses absurdly aggressive with very short recovery windows. A select few bosses like Champion Gundyr, Pontiff Sulyvahn and Friede are pretty tough if you tackle them solo because they just won't stop swinging.
Overall, I'd say it's more exasperating than hard. Enemies either chimp out on you or take slow perfect tracking swings that can be delayed for absurd amounts of time.

It does though. Speed is key in real life, speed is everything, if you're not going fast you're going to die. Dark Souls would be better if it was really fast.

I thought the most common way to deal with him was to parry and back stab fish

Was Dark Souls 2 harder on release than it is now? Did they make it easier with the final release version that was pre-packaged with DLC?

He's talking about havel's armor, but in 1 it was more about just tanking slow as fuck with a shield for most new players who couldn't dodge worth shit.

SotFS is harder than vanilla. They added a shit ton of gank squads.

(checked)
Why do people think any of the Dark Souls games are "hard"? its the same reason with DkS3, they just haven't got gud

daily reminder that zelda skyrim's breath of dark souls doesn't have;
one fucking job, ninbendo

They can't just face tank everything.

I'm still mad about that, as well as no Armos, Beamos, or normal Stalfos

Also, no plant or organic enemies even though there's a huge focus on nature. Where are the Deku Babas, Leevers and Like-Likes?

for a game that focuses so much on equipment loss, how the fuck did they left that enemy out?

also bombs are fucking useless

Zelda II's never gonna be acknowledged aside from the towns/sage names and the ToC

to be fair all they did was toss boomerangs, though it would be nice to see them again

Memes.

Remember, this all started back during the "xbox360 is the bestest place to play videogames, broguht to you by Kotaku and Walmart!" era.

The PS3 had a game that didn't hold your hand and everyone wanted it. It literally was a niche game , soon word of mouth spread and people were using it as their "Good at games meter" because the current , at the time of launch "Good Meter" was Call of Duty and the only place to play good games was the Xbox 360, brought to you by MONSTER Energy and Slim Kim.

When we reflect on history, casual gaming was pretty cancerous but it didn't effect dedicated gamers as they still had their own games, far , far , far away from the ultra casuals.

But then the casuals found out and demanded the same experience, but not on the PS3 because you know, the Xbox 360 is the best place to play games, brought to you by Halo and Mountain Dew.

Money makes the world go round. There was enough of demand and it happened. The Japanese Jews, Namco Bandai took the risk and decided they could make a killing literally by copyrighting the memes and silly jokes– then making them part of it's advertising because that whole word of mouth thing did wonders for Demon Souls' reputation.

More people. More money.

Ultimately, I'm not sure who to blame for the series getting easier.
Namco Bandai because accessible games means more sales, they can then pad it out with pointless DLC.
FromSoftware who fucked every one of their properties except 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Now, as a long time Fromsoft cocksucker. I have to personally say I don't know what the fuck they were doing this last gen.

They fucked up Steel Battalion.

They fucked up Armored Core by turning it into Mini-Chromehounds.

They fucked up Armored Core even more with hurr durr DLC and just making the enemies cheaper rather than harder like they were in the older games.
"oh it can kill you in one hit, at any range, at random." Thanks From.

I loved Chromehounds, but why the fuck did they think turning one of their best sellers into the pet project that died a horrible death was a good idea?

They fucked up Dark Souls/ Demon Souls by making it utterly easy.
This is a mechanical debate.

People always say you can just pop grass endlessly to win, but they also fail to mention how item encumbrance meant you couldn't walk around with 99 of every fucking item and actually keep every armor you want to carry " just in case" like you can in Dark Souls 2.

Demon Souls had 6 different healing items. (counting the stone.)
You couldn't carry 999 of any of the good arrows, you had to make a better bow and carry 100~300 arrows at a time if you were a low strength/endurance build. On top of that, you couldn't carry around extra armor and shields, you actually had to prepare for your adventure and hope your preparations were good enough.

Dark Souls 2 had 12 different Healing items and you can carry 99 of each.
You can carry 999 of every arrow, every bolt, every great arrow and 99 of every single throwable weapon enchanting item.
Hell, I was one of the people who bitched about the removal of MP. It wasn't until I noticed, I could carry 99 of every cast restoring item and it's not hard to get them.

Hell you could have been a tremendous faggot in PvP with 99 of every urn, 99 of every knife, 99 of every bomb, all of which deal massive damage to humans and enemies.
Don't even say getting them items was hard either. Join the Rat Crew, equip the respawn ring, farm souls and go be a faggot.

You don't need to prepare. You just LEROYJENKINS it and switch on the fly.

Because ultimately, your armor didn't matter to 90% of the enemies in the game after the starting area.

Without being slowed down a single bit by all the shit you're carrying.

They completely cut the challenge of being prepared out of the game.

Bloodborne …I don't even want to begin. It was better than Dark Souls 2 and 3, but fuck. It had it's own host of stupid problems.

Dark Souls 3 was literally Bloodborne + Bullshit - and that multiplayer gave me cancer as the only enjoyment I got out of it was being a complete faggot dressed up as a Ninja Turtle.

Last but not least.
The Emerald Maiden is a shit tier version of the superior,always waiting for you, always keeping the candles lit and will always pray for you waifu, the Maiden in Black.

Becasue you have consequences for failling.
And "hard" means nothing more then fair, but thanks to plabbit and their like got blown out of propotions.

She even says she loves you user, don't break her heart.

People are incapable of learning from their mistakes

It's more that most people will think that if they fail, the it's the game's fault.

Can't really blame people who grew up with modern fps and rpg.

Lynels only inhabit certain areas, there's no excuse not to include more enemy variety especially when previous games in the series had several types compared to the handful in BOTW

Its casualized hit on par with Skyrim.

*shit
I meant to say its casualized shit.

Can you please elaborate on that.

Artificial difficulty

I like my waifus how I like my dreams.
Undying. Draped in black and lingering in the shadows.

It hasn't reached Skyrim /Nu-Fallout levels yet bro. It's still "hard enough" to keep those casuals out.

You can ignore artifical difficulty for the sake of enjoyment, but there are situations such as the Bed of Cancer , which the developers have repeatedly apologized for.

We interrupt Dark Souls to bring you Super Mario Bros.

that look pretty dam boring

I dunno, man. Every time someone tells me soulsborne is hard, I respond with "the game is so easy you can beat it naked and without leveling".

See

I see your liontaur and raise you the Raven Tengu. It gets real fun when you get two on you at once.

How does that prove that the game is casual ? It's like saying that Ghost and Goblins is casual because after tons of replay you can 1 cc the game.

Oh, look. A berserk reference.
This really is Dark Souls

Because you make shitty bait threads. If you're being serious which you're not because you're a (1) and done OP it's because pve carebears want the illusion of challenge. They just play pretend.

/thread

Because it's harder than cowadoody.

I've only just started getting into this series, starting with DSII. Holy hell that game kicked my ass at first. I was stuck fighting those Old Knights at the Tower of Flame for a few days until I grasped the game's mechanics, learned their moves and how many hits I can land when they recover from attacks. Eventually, I got gud and beat the game, currently going through NG+ with a build focusing on both swords/great weapons and magic(mainly pyromancy)

Not sure how different DSIII is, but I know the fucking camera was hell in DSII when you were fighting some of the bigger bosses. The only way I could combat that was to not use lock on, but some of the bosses are so aggressive that you can't afford to look away or give them your back for even a second.

Most of my deaths were either falling or camera related. The only boss I would say gave me a really hard time was the Smelter Demon. I literally couldn't fucking do that without help. I beat the Pursuer on my first try though, so seeing all the WOW THIS IS SO HARD for that one was kind of a let down.

Did they fix the janky camera in III? Is III worth getting?

Imagine sliding every inch of that into your urethra

That's what the infamous dickfish, the candiru, is for.

there's so many things wrong with this post that i wont even bother

Because modern gamers who got their start in the PS3 "press X to awesome" era weren't ready for what an actual video game plays like, even when that game isn't particularly hard and just requires you not to be brain dead.

My GAME THEORY is that most westerners don't have that much experience with simple quick reflex button presses in vidya, especially back when Dark Souls 1 came out. So of course its going to be hard, they don't have any experience with it.

nice try weeb, the japs are good at memory-dependent games. schmups, rhythm, and fighting games all require memory, or at least give an advantage to the person with a better memory. if you don't believe me, just look up high-level dark souls jap gameplay. everyone is maxed and wearing havels.

I thought high level dark souls gameplay was doing it with delayed vocal commands with nothing equipped?

i said japanese gameplay

hard is the wrong word, souls is "punishing" because you actually lose something when you fuck up, thats something that had disappeared from lots of games by the time demons souls had come out. so casuals actually get sent back and have to do something other than just brute force through easy checkpoints and they started calling it hard

The game is hard enough for them as is, how do you expect them to see with such narrow eyes?

Well fuck I don't know then.
I guess it's just memes.

i really think they should become proficient

because they're not autistic like you

Are there any other games with the invasion PvP system?

Fuck off OP you know why, DS games are a pain in the hole for multiple reasons and have been touted as such right from the start. Yes there's harder and more satisfying games out there but for the average retard DS titles are Everests most will never climb because they have some sort of life beyond the shit we do.

I only hate that poise hasn't fucking worked since Dark Souls 1

I imagine it's one of those games that actually requires you to pay some fucking attention to things. My idiot friend bought this thing after buying into all of the redditfag/jewtuber hype and now it just collects dust. He's the type of retard that skips tutorials and wonders why he doesn't know how to do shit.

He tried NuXCOM and kept complaining that his soldiers that he constantly leaves exposed and flanked keep getting shot by the time he quit, not a single soldier made it past sargeant and why he kept missing all of the 15% shots due to him trying to crossmap a thin man with his shotgunner and trying to point blank floaters with his fucking sniper. Nigger ragequit once a Muton one-turn-wiped his fucking rookie team with a grenade after he grouped them all near a car

Never played them myself might try Bloodborne since I'm a sucker for Lovecraftian shit but I imagine that the people who perpetuate the "Dark Souls is hard" meme are the type of people who are too used to games not punishing them for playing like idiots.

normalfags who are used to just pressing the same button over and over to win the game not comprehending the game.

Go play berserk warriors then. It's basically dark souls with full poise.

You obsessively play a tough game until the tricks of the thing become second nature, sequel, rinse repeat. No matter what they did in 3 it wouldn't have been hard enough.

They should make you progressively weaker in the next one, you level *down*, make you fight some fucking salt spewing hellspawn with your skin stripped off and a broken leg and a stone in your good boot, make the fucking enemies take 6 hours a piece to kill and all you've got to do it is a spoon and bag of marbles.

DEM DIGITS FUCK YAR

Have to check em.

That was tried in Dark Souls 2 and it was a tedious slog with spinning wind ups and enemies put in just to make a boss fight more frustrating instead of focusing on 1v1 combat which is what best suits Dark Souls's mechanics.

That's the curse of sequels (also Jap games), they'll either not be as challenging because of the first, or they'll be a fucking bore.

I would argue that you're wrong, and that the reason that FromSoftware games got faster after Dark Souls was because the limitations of the hardware changed. Dark 2 was faster than Dark, and it pushed the hardware of the PS3/360. They had to scale everything down on those consoles. Then Scholar of the Fucking Shekel came out on XbOne and PS4 and it was faster, had features that were planned for Dark 2 but got cut cause they weren't doable on console when Dark 2 came out, and they finally fixed the durability bug because now it affected Playstation players.

Bloodborne and Dark 3 were both completely doable on console, so they made it fast and aggressive, they didn't have to limit encounters or gameplay to deal with issues like Lost Izalith and Blighttown's FPS drops, and they learned the best form of compromise to deal with multiplayer, learning from the mistakes of Dark 1 and Dark 2. They could handle more enemies (as each enemy active is another enemy that's taking up CPU cycles), etc.

Dark Souls III is not so much "Miyazaki's hard on for Bloodborne," as it is that they no longer had to worry about the same limitations.

Retarded fanbase, that's why. For them even remembering to breathe is an achievement.

Whats the highest workable fps for ds1? Slightly over 30 works really fucking great, less fps drops than default framerate, but over 40 makes some jumps impossible and slightly breaks game.

I had to look this up. I had no idea DSIII was considered difficult until now. Gaming is doomed. Oh and anyone else enjoying Nioh right now?

Better question: why do faggots think any of those games are even good?

the only reason any game is hard is because your dude is clunky as fuck

fixed

But you don't need to carry every armor, you can only wear one at a time. You still have a fuckton of healing items, and they never patched out the soul dupe glitch.

Love how you skipped Dark Souls 1 and went straight for the one nobody likes.

I don't know, name me a hard game and we can talk.

Love the artwork on this comic. Sucks remembering it then having to wait a year for a new episode.

That Queen of the lizard Britons is super hot too.

I came here to check em.

That's not a comic, that's concept art for HoMM5 done by Olivier Ledroit. The race didn't make it into the final game, but was done in awful HoMM6.

They don't learn how to dodge or block attacks, learn patterns, and identify animations and sounds that telegraph attacks?

The real reason is most people play it like a JRPG and think that if they grind enough, they'll be able to just mash buttons and tank all of the hits.

This is genuinely what casuals believe. Why do you think every Dark Souls thread there's a guy complaining about grinding?

When you tell them to git gud, they always, without fail, start sputtering about how "you can't get good at grinding". Like no shit you can't get good at grinding. They literally cannot comprehend how to get good at a game without grinding their problems away. Casual games have just completely ruined their mind to the point that they can't be fucked to put forth any effort into gratification that isn't immediately handed to them. They just can't go 5 minutes without a game jerking them off and telling them they're a good boy.

It's not even that Dark Souls requires a significantly long amount of time to get good at.
It's not even about videogames at this point.
It's simply that the feeling of overcoming a challenge is completely alien to them.
You can argue with them 'till the end of time, but it you can't explain it to them anymore than you can explain color to a blind man.

Lynels have been around since the original Legend of Zelda, a full three fucking years before Berzerk even existed you retard.

That's the case for all Dark Souls games, and in Bloodborne you can just mash buttons and get your health back.

normalfags

Does anybody else think DaS 3 is the hardest of the bunch? Not saying it was balls to the wall hard, but for me it was definitely the most difficult of the four Souls games. Chalk it up to fast enemies, slow movement, or what have you, but it just didn't gel well with me.

Because they are shit games, with controls that makes the 8-bit era seem like smooth as silk.

I find it hilarious how the Souls and MGS fags are the ones who managed to catapult DSP into fame.

Que sanic theme

He was baiting, you autist.