Virtual-ON is back, Holla Forums!

Virtual-ON is back, Holla Forums!
as a crossover with Toaru Majutsu no Index
And it's based on it's spin off crossover Light Novel

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-12/sega-dengeki-bunko-develop-a-certain-magical-virtual-on-collaboration-game-for-ps4-ps-vita/.113324
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This crossover confuses me more than possibly any other crossover I've ever seen. I can at least understand how Archie and the Predator might interact, but how the fuck would Toma and Temjin ever have anything to do with each other? Does Virtual-On even have any human characters?

AW SHIT

is it on PC?

I'm confused, but also delighted. I think.
It's the first Virtual On for god knows how many years, so I'll check it out.

nice

According to the Light Novel it's based on and some stuff I read
it's basically an AU of the Raildex universe where Giant Robots are a thing and Temjin is a "Stock model"

no, PS4 and Vita Only

Well that's fine too, I hope they bring it to PC and Switch as well.

To the switch, doubtfully
to PC, maybe, we can always have hope

Well the Switch is basically a handheld, I would be surprised if it doesn't take Japan by storm. Either way I welcome this new addition.

Maybe we can get a new Custom Robo while we're at it? We need more mechs.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-12/sega-dengeki-bunko-develop-a-certain-magical-virtual-on-collaboration-game-for-ps4-ps-vita/.113324

PS4 and Vita only, buddy

Either way I'm happy it's a thing. Will buy on PS4.

I'm so fucking conflicted

I have a gut feeling this pissed off Japanese fans off more than Western fans.

Japs have been begging for new ports of OT and Force on a non-microsoft platform for years. Not to mention Sega refuses to release new cabinets for the dying arcade machines there. Hell there is even japs begging for PC ports of the games so they won't have to worry about the console ports getting their online killed eventually.

OKAY WHO THE FUCK ASKED MONKEY PAW FOR BOTH A NEW VIRTUAL ON AND INDEX S3

Toaru Majutsu isn't even the good part of the raildex universe.

VNs aren't games

Virtual On isn't a VN

Jesus Christ user

Do you even know what Virtual-ON is?

This is a crossover

Raildex isn't a VN Either

And the crossover isn't a VN either you fucking retard

Which they already confirmed it wasn't a VN

To be fair vidya wise it has 1 fighting game, 1 VN with 3D quicktime events and another more traditional VN.

Wait a minute, if Kamachi wanted to do a crossover with Virtual On why didn't he do it with Heavy Object? They both have giant robots, they both have proxy wars, it would have made way more sense than using the Raildex universe.

Fucking Christ.
Did Sega finally get their shit together?
Did they finally realize there's a shit ton of people that want another Virtual-On?

You want to see a baffling crossover, look at the franchises that went into Chaos Wars (and I don't just mean the horrific dub job).
I mean, maybe it's just me, but aside from the game being made by IF and Blazing Souls and Spectral Souls being IF' games, it just seems like the idea was to throw shit in. At least with something like, I don't know, Fighting Climax or Smash Bros, the bulk of, if not all the characters, are from the company licensing it to be put together and thus the crossover feels properly warranted (and that the audience is likely to be fans of more than one of the franchises being crossed).

This is isn't a visual novel.

"Crossover" doesn't mean "visual novel" either. Even then, Index started as a light novel series, spun off into Railgun (I think Accelerator might even have his own series now too), and both have since gotten anime and manga adaptations, as well as characters having found their way into various games, like Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax and Dengeki Gakuen RPG. I think Railgun itself did see a PSP VN, but as others have said as well, this particular game isn't a VN.

People seem pretty butthurt over it on youtube. I don't really see why, Virtual On has been dead for quite some time, and while the crossover is certainly very, very strange, I can't see any huge issues with it. So long as the game isn't total shit this basically guarantees that it'll sell which raises the chances of us getting more normal games.

Fuck yea-
FUCK NO.

VOOT ON PC SEGA IT'S NOT THAT FUCKING HARD

Nigger the niche audience for VT doesn't give two shits about this unrelated weeb franchise none of us wanted. If Sega just fucking put VOOT or Force by itself on modern systems and market it accordingly it could keep the series alive. Kill yourself yiu spineless cuck.

So you're angry about a completely dead series getting a tie in to something you don't care about? Wouldn't you instead just not care?

Fucking hell Sega. You had one job

This. Index is shit, through and through.

I like railgun. I'm pretty excited for this because all I see so far is railgun characters and not index ones. But again it's not for PC so I'll get it on a CFW Vita in a few years.

Goddamn, Sega, you had one job….

There's both main Index characters right in

Wake me up when there's another season.

Oh shit you're right, that stupid nun girl is there.

what the sauce on this smug girl I saw her on that Railgun animu but she was just a side character what the fuck

That's Index. From Index.

Can't go past 3.60 on vita for henkkaku, and all games past World of Final Fantasy need to be on 3.61+ to run.

Because Objects would fucking destroy the giant robots. Also they're hard as shit to control, and the cooler parts of HO are the humans devising interesting ways to foil the Objects.

It saddens me deeply to know that Virtual On has been relegated to being nothing but crossover fodder..

Next they will announce House of the Dead meets Hatsune Miku in Dancing of the Dead: Undying Diva.

But that would actually be kinda cool.>>12126255

I couldn't care less about Raildex but I'll be keeping an eye on this just in case it turns out to be good.
I hope it plays like VO:OT or VO:OM

Just replace the HotD cast with vocaloids and you've done it.

You're asking for some painful bullying.

Good taste.
I assume you read it on Holla Forums. Go read the Archie meets the Punisher user storytimed after that.