Has the American version of Nier Automata been censored in any way? Is it safe to buy?

Has the American version of Nier Automata been censored in any way? Is it safe to buy?

Why didn't you ask in the thread instead of making a thread about it?

You shouldn't buy it because it's shit.

Bump.
Answer pls.

Does every FOTM game need to have several threads up at all times?

If you care about 'le ebil sjw snesurshap' so much, why don't you just import a Japanese PS4 and a Japanese copy of the game rather than relying on others to spoon-feed you?

Niggers are too stupid to use the catalog.

I dont think it's possible to censor this game. They would have to code and animate new clothes which cover all her ass.

That's a lot of hussle.

You have to code the animation you dingus

This is why everyone should boycott all weebshit

Damn, she's thicc.

They'd only need to change her model a bit so she wears something like a pantyhose you fagola

*winks at you*

Artist?

This its all true the game is filled with diversity as well dont buy it

This, plus it may or may not be intentional. Exposure is exposure, after all, and nu-Holla Forums has people on it that will buy shit AAA games just to spite the rest of Holla Forums.

Not underage, just lazy. Spoonfeed me, faggot.

The second picture says Mogudan.

No, it has Denuvo

Cheers.

That guy seems to have an unhealthy obsession with Rei.

Becasue rei is godfu

But in his drawing she don't even look like her.

which eye?
unless you mean the butt winks, hot

At this point denuvoe is the same as steam - it doesn't do shit.

I haven't seen anything other than added sarcasm in the translation.

What if you can't animate the code?

The only change that i know about is that some lines have been changed to make 2B more sarcastic

fucc yourself

They did make it annoyingly difficult to get a good camera angle, though I think that's less a matter of censorship and more a matter of Taro just having a laugh and fucking with the players.

It has denuvo, so its a must-buy.

Just avoid the console release like the plague, on PS4 Nier Automata runs at 1600x900.

I'm happy this game exists

stop pls

play it on the ps4pro then, pc version has denuvo.

Man I can't wait for everyone to play Route C after all this.

I'm not even done with route A yet. The factory escape sequence is obnoxious bullshit.
>mfw seeing 9S get brutally penetrated by Adam

It's fine until you reach the conveyor belts fuck that. I ain't play Brawl nigga stop tripping me up.

Tripping is the fucking worst mechanic

I hate deciding between lesser evils

I platinumed the game and I've still no idea what
the sound analysis chip does.

Console also really struggles with framerate at times. And they say there's a possibilty that PC may be locked to [email protected]/* */

I'm more butthurt about the instant kills. It's not really that fun tbh.

It's funny how reviewers seem almost allergic to even mentioning offhand that the game is getting a PC release. Really makes you think.

One reviewer criticises the game's performance as not being a smooth 60FPS experience. The next logical step would be of course be mentioning that he hopes these will be remedied in the PC release, right?
Nope! Instead, he hopes that they are fixed in a "future patch".
Man, if I didn't know any better…

Expect the game to have some culturization without Taro knowing nor able to do anything about it.

Just a reminder that 8-4 did the translation for the original Nier and Drakengard 3. This is both good and bad.

The game has been out for a while and no one on Holla Forums has reported anything shitty 8-4 did to the localization other than some dubious wording of some parts which don't exactly change the meaning but could have done better.

Not that I don't think Sony has a massive shill force, because they probably do, have you considered that all the reviewers thus far have played it on PS4 because it came out on that first? So they'll probably only talk about their experiences with that shit piece of plastic.

this game is shilled here hard

Sure, I also think it's only natural for someone discussing a game to mention even offhand other platforms that it will be releasing on very soon, especially when it's relevant IE performance, and not doing so at all even offhand is extremely suspicious.

I dunno man. It does everything just right.
I don't even care about denuvo now.
Fuck I don't even care that my toaster's spec are way below minimum requirements.
I just don't care.
It's the game to end them all.

you deserve bullying

PC is the ultimate jew platform, so nice try CIA.

Well no fucking surprise, it's the best thing I've played in the last couple years if not more.

Well you can't bully me.

Post the other 'datass 1' you have.

Post more 2B ass

Why even live?

At last, I trully see.

Why indeed

Does anyone know of a list of all the remote controllable enemies? I was really surprised when I could control the snake machine. Also, this seems to only work occasionally, often not giving me the prompt to control or subjugate an enemy I know I can.

All enemies can be remote controlled, you just need to hack them without them noticing you.

That was done on purpose, if you do look under her skirt she will move the camera away and turn around, I think there's even an achievement if you do it enough times.
Or you could just blow her skirt off.

yes

Yeah this . Put 2B on standby so she doesn't attack an enemy and hack them from behind.

Holy shit that's amazing.

What am I looking at and why is it so tiny?

Taro did come here

review copy screencap after self-destruct
that black shit isn't around toobie in the jp version, she just gets dirty.

This is the PS4 NA version, the only censorship is some weird shit that's going on with Sartres name for some reason.

Looks like the glowy effect that happens when you have an auto-heal chip equipped, not some sort of censorship.

Are you sure that's not A2? She has several black parts.

Jean Paul is more recognized.

The thing is because they changed it to Jean-Paul but didn't do any voice over they just bleep over the voices whenever Sartre is mentioned, this happens in both dubs.

Holyshit, that's what the bleep was in the moon speak? And you say it's in bleeped in English too? If it's both and it's not sensitive material, just his name, it can't be censorship right? This has to have some sort of significance. Any ideas?

Spot the shill.

Isn't that more because of the law that historical figures can't be directly referenced or shown? It's why Hitler got shades in P2 Innocent Sin.

Might have something to do with Japanese VAs and them owning the rights to a character's voice.

IIRC this isn't the only instance of something like this happening.

And I just remembered, I think this was also done with a character voiced by some Japanese band member or something.

I'm here for the hentai

Yeah back in the JP version they just name him Sartre, but the NA version changed it to Jean-Paul for no apparent reason since they are still the same person, Jean Paul Sartre.
Since they didn't bother to redo the lines for just one quest, they bleep whenever Sartre is mentioned, this is in both dubs.

If it is then I don't get how Marx, Engels and even Pascal are completely fine when they all the same name with their historical counter parts.

they all share the same name*
I'm tired.

You've never played a Civ game?

Because in those cases they were just using the names but in Sarte's case they were directly referencing his role in history.

It's a Japanese law you dolt. It was enacted recently around 2009.

Jean Paul Sartre's name change is obviously because he's more well known as Jean Paul in the West. I know I wouldn't have recognized his last name until now. What's weird is the censorship on speaking his name. I strongly believe it's done to some intentional effect. Was Jean Paul, the actual person, censored for his views at some point?

What the fuck and why? I call bullshit because Ni-Oh's cast is mostly or entirely historical characters.

It's censored in the English dub as well. Though I will entertain the possibility they didn't know and simply translated it into English.

Is Denuvo confirmed yet?

>Not only was that song originally used as the opening theme for episodes 1-51 of the show, but Tokio's lead singer Mamo made a cameo appearance in episode 1 as himself, exchanging a few lines of dialogue with the series' main character Sana. And when the show was brought over to North America, absolutely NONE of that could be used due to licensing issues. Not only did Right Stuf have to substitute the second opening theme (originally used in episodes 52-102 of the anime) in place of the first, but they had to bleep out all of Mamo's lines from the Japanese language track on the DVD, and I think they even had to bleep out Mamo's NAME when Sana spoke it!
From an interview with XSEED.

It's very likely that it is some contractual bullshit going on.

Nobody owns Jean Paul's name. He's a dead philosopher.

I'm talking about the Japanese VA voicing him though.

Denuvo has been confirmed for quite awhile.

Ofc they can.
Sometimes though you get shit like swedecucks who are too afraid to show a picture of Hitlers face and self-censor it to protect their feelings.

It has loopholes to exploit like a lot of ridiculous Japanese laws. Now I'm no expert on Japanese laws but I think Sengoku era figures are considered to be more mythical than historical in the Japanese mindset. Whatever the case you know that the Japanese will find whatever loopholes they can to wank their favorite historical Japanese figures.

as if owning a PS4 wasn't cancer enough.

Denuvo can be cracked, vote with your wallet

If the JP VA voice is copyright, everything said would be cut out.

Still need a citation, because otherwise it'd be basically impossible to release Civilization in Japan.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of China?

If such a law exists, I'd be interested to know what the background or history leading up to it would have been. Namely because a different Japanese series I've liked started having to put in "this is all fiction, even these historical characters and interpretations of actual Earth locations" warning screens for their third and fourth games, which were released in Japan in 2004 and 2006, while their two earlier entries apparently didn't need such a screen despite still having historical characters shown and/or referenced.

Forgot I accidentally still had it set to not bump.

It has denuvo so, no its not safe

Okay doing some research I now see that I may have been talking out my ass based on a topic I read on gamefaqs ages ago saying that Hitler was changed due to a law banning historical figures in popular media but I can't find any source to back that up. Still I thought it might be a plausible reason for the censorship.

Those tiddies are disgusting

God bless Japan

Well now I'm confused. Are we talking about a law in Japan that restricts the usage of historical characters, or a law in one of the newly cucked Western countries?

Because I can guarantee you that, at the very least, Japan does not feel the need to censor any mention of Hitler or Nazis. They have weddings where the bride and groom dress up like SS officers, for fuck's sake. Persona 2 had Hitler, who was only censored outside of Japan.

Is the music any good? I really loved Song of the Ancients from the Xbox/PS3 games.

Except Denuvo charges money over time so the quicker people crack it the quicker it will die.

Denuvo means I won't buy it. Fucking shame too, because this would have been a day 1 buy for me. Just waiting on the crack.

Japan. Also like what someone has mentioned before it seems that lately depictions of real people in video games are far stricter than they used to be which is why I believed that there was such a law.

uh…

so is there a textbook with exercises and shit for art? Surely there's some sort of cohesive courses in text form that I could take?

im fucking stupid, wrong thread

Are you a beginner?

I liked Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, before moving on to Loomis.

Music is top tier and SotA returns.

Loomis.

sauce

I too, want my face between her ass and thighs

You're only human.

Meikko Samba by Satuyo

sauceless crop posters should be banned

The webm could've gone without that shitty music

Literally "Press A to Win". I bet you played through the game on Easy Mode with full-auto everything too, didn't you faggot?

In Eurabia I'd recognize Sartre before Jean Paul.

Ssssssauce

i know right

Takahisa Taura said in the pax interview a name was changed in the US version for copyright, that's it.

he also said he doesn't know English well they may have changed everything and he wouldn't know

Sartre to Jean-Paul? Really?
I also noticed they bleeped out the name in the Japanese dub.

Probably doesn't matter who's name is it then if it's censored in the jap dub and just a jab at a certain someone with the same personality. I also 'accidentally' left the game on easy mode in the area where you fight sephiroth and left it overnight. When I came back I'm level 99 with 2 million G's. Wonder if I broke them game since everything is getting blasted by my Pod only.

What level were you when you started?

So, is this the new thread?
Just to clear up any confusion, the inventor requires you to invest 90k, and then will ask for an additional 100k.
That amount of money is easily acquirable through quests and selling trash, but keep the sum in mind when you're out shopping.

get the fuck out, the only "thicc" part about her is her tits.

u gay son?

For the Jean Paul or max exp and G's? Jean is after you reach a certain area, while the exp and gold is after you beat sephiroth and I was around level 15ish. Then I reset the area by going out of the desert then back in. Leave the game in easy mode and if possible get some nice plugins like self heals or auto item use to prevent any mistakes (which is rare in easy mode but can happen). Leave it overnight which is 8 hours for me. I originally wanted to just farm the G's for that stupid scientist. Got more than I needed unfortunately but whatever.

Being max level is little fun, and the difficulties are really unbalanced. I wanted to rerun the entire game again now that I've done all the side stuff and then get the final ending. Anyone know a good way to make it more fun? I personally hope an update lets you lower your level manually after meeting certain requirements.

remind me again why a fucking dog is the most popular depiction of the switch.

furfags

Because the other Switch-tans are either worse or need refining.

Who is best girl and why is it 6O?

It's a retarded concept yet some faggots can't help themselves liking it.
Just like the Switch.

Are there any other ways to gimp yourself? In the previous game I used the starter sword towards the end since I was killing bosses too fast and didn't get all of their dialogue

Fight bare handed.

What do you guys think of the ability to cancel your attack with the dodge? It removes the capability for thew game to punish you for your actions, but it also allows them to send more enemy's towards you.
Also I'm not sure about the infinite dodge this game allows, Bayonetta's limited dodge cut out the spamming and cheesing Automta allows.
Furthermore the pod is a interesting mechanic that reminds me of weak infinite ammo pistol's in other action games with the downside of also allowing one to cheese the enemy.

OH JEAN-PAUL HOW YOU MAKE MY OIL LEAK!

I think one of the robots in the orgy said in Japanese "I LOVE BOOBS!" and they changed it to something allong the lines of "I want to eat" but my memory is foggy on the matter.

Except Denuvo is like the store breaking the disc in two, then gluing it back together for you so it works but noticeably skips occasionally.

That needs to be looked into. Considering it's an M rated game and mandatory story dialogue includes lines like you want to #### 2B, don't you?, a barely noticeable comment by robots in the middle of imitating a human sex being censored is unacceptable.

In the debug menu you can change you own level, change the enemies level, disable some of you moves and make enemies invincible.

I forget, can you access the debug menu outside of the debug room?

So have Platinum or Yoko or Yosuke actually explained how the end credits mechanics work? Or has it just been conjecture by anons like ?

I think a nice way for it to work would be that real player's can take more than one hit before being destroyed whereas the fakes blow up immediately. This would make you're sacrifice valuable to a greater degree, no?

R2+Touchpad. You can't save after you enable the debug menu though.

Another nice way it could work it that each player's sacrifice actually help more than one person. Once your data is destroyed after helping enough different people, then it is permanently deleted. We need authorial confirmation on this dammit.

Does that effect getting endings though? What if I go through the final ending and choose to sacrifice in debug mode?

the highest i'll go are j cups

If it works that way, you'd only need a small number of fakes before it becomes a self sustaining mechanism. I think this makes the most sense then for it to be the way it works.

Well I haven't tried but you can probably do that. The final ending might be locked out in debug mode for fairness sake but I think as long as you are okay with not saving and abuse the chapter select you can finish a game with debug enabled.

Why would I need to do that? I can't just play through from beginning to end, adjusting my level with debug to ensure the game is fun? On that note, what are the recommended levels to fight certain bosses at on normal/hard respectively?

You can I was just suggesting chapter select to save time. Playing through the entire game without saving is fine as long as your okay with finishing the game in one sitting.

I can locked player level, but I can't set it. There are a bunch of zeros that do nothing. Do I have to unlock individual parts of the debug menu?

Sorry I may have been thinking of the debug room when I said you could set levels. I honestly haven't played around with the in game debug menu so if it isn't in the flag set menu then you can't do it.

I have all weapons maxed and have loaded a different chapter since I beat truck emil. Emil still says nothing but that "Hell in a hand basket" bullshit. I think he may have to be talked to when he's on his route near the desert, but he won't fucking spawn there. What am I doing wrong?

That's just stupid.

You have to meet him in the shopping center to start his last quest. The quest marker should be there.

They're not sending out review copies of the PC version ahead of release apparently. How shitty will it run? Place your bets.

The answer is always yes.

In Japanese sure.

Japanese is a shit language for subhumans.

Here's your (You) now go back to Reddit

Remember when japs came up with entire genres on their own? Remember when they came up with jrpgs on their own and totally did not rip off Ultimas and Wizardries?
Yeah, me neither.

They invented fuck-all but are the last place pumping out good games.
You could also make the argument everyone's been copying Carmack and Kojima for the last 20 years.

slavs make good games too actually.

Holy shit, whatever you're on I want some.

oh

Most of the defining series in gaming are Japanese. Mario, Megaman, Zelda, Castlevania, Dragon Quest, Contra, Megami Tensei, Street Fighter, Fire Emblem, Panel de Pon, Dragon Quest, Puyo Puyo, Ninja Gaiden, Double Dragon, Gradius, Ghouls N Ghosts… the list goes on and on. This isn't to say the West hasn't produced anything noteworthy at all (Tetris and Battletoads come to mind) but by and large gaming has been defined by the Japanese industry, and they continue even now to be the place to look for video games.

Retard, when you list shit like dragon quest, a wizardry/ultima rip-off, as something japs defined then you really show how you should gas yourself.

For someone who's so fervently anti-Japan, your grasp of the English language is tenuous at best.

>impying ** doesn't censor kill**

Go find me proof that the money spent preventing piracy, mainly the polarizing Denuvo, by a company actually converts into higher profits. Not all piracy can be considered lost sales. Plenty of people wouldn't have bought it just because they couldn't pirate it. There are also people who wouldn't have bought a product if they didn't enjoy the pirated copy first. Then there are those who pirate via convince, they may or may not be lost sales. And lastly those who pirate out of principle and would never have been a sale anyways. There are plenty of better anti piracy measures that dont fuck your hard drive lifespan in the ass while simultaneously requiring you to be always online. But then again if fucking thousands customers helps stop 6 people from pirating, why not.

An ass cheek shouldn't be larger than a head. You've gone full silly.

Christ, man. Go easy on the poor chap.

It looks like a close-up perspective.

I am more bothered by the size of their jugs.

give me my fucking key, gmg

Anyone else disappointed that you never use Jackass's bomb recipe?

Just download the .zips with porn pics. Don't buy a shit game because it has ass you nigger.

Why is it shit, user?

japanese are major game design pioneers, you just don't know shit about video games.

Because it's Japanese

I guess we should be playing Bioware instead, right?

Oh in that case I guess we should all go buy Mass Effect.

Of course. Western games are obviously superior because they invented literally everything in video games ever. Just like the Chinese are superior at making firearms because they invented gunpowder.

That got a chuckle out of me.

Go back to bed Kotick

How do I get the Pearl Harbor Assualt archives? I was told you get them by talking to Anemone as A2 late game. I did at the very latest point possible and got nothing.

i love kike reactions

Completing the unit data is starting to piss me off. Anybody know where some of these enemies spawn? Desert Medium Flyer: Kamikaze, Enhanced Medium Flyer: Gunner x2 Kamikaze x2, Enhanced Reverse Jointed Goliath, and Enhanced Small Sphere: Axe Equipped?

Guesses on how long until a crack?

This reddit copypasta completely steps around the fact denuvo isn't standard. Denuvo is expensive, and it sets your game apart. Regardless of the intent, be it "fuck every single pirate reee" or "gib bread for family plz", denuvo is a mark on a product. And in a busy release month, being the only one with denuvo is running the risk of losing customers. Whether said customers are right to hate denuvo or not does not matter. It is a counterpoint to the so-called lost sales, and you should accept it.
Especially, in the present case, when your product is broken and people don't have the piracy option to see if it works on their rig. By using denuvo, you are verifiably fucking those customers over.

Never Ever

Dating sims and VNs don't count as games.

What if they're more game than dating sim? Huniepop?

Agreed which is exactly why we ignore the West

ShindoL

Now go and suffer.

You need to go back

Go away.

Yes, user. It is entirely likely gaming companies who are collectively worth billions all independently make the wrong decision based on the private hard data they have access to, and it is entirely likely you as an uninformed individual who doesn't have access to any of that data nor have any financial interest knows better than all of these people whose livelihoods depend on these decisions.

"Piracy doesn't hurt sales" is literally on the same tier of logic as "women are paid 77 cents for every dollar a man earns" or "open borders is a humanitarian necessity despite the cost to us". Businesses aim to make money first and foremost. If any of the above ideological nonsense was true, games would come DRM free, companies wouldn't hire a single man, and H1B visas wouldn't be a thing.

And they say Holla Forums doesn't suck corporate cock.
Ubisoft has a very high net worth, yet found themselves in deep shit two years ago because of bad decisions. Too big to fail means a company can fall back on their finances after a fuck up, not that they're geniuses.
The same way lots of nip devs all independently went for the school dating sim template after persona 4 ? You naive nigger. Plus Denuvo has its own marketing team you know.
Have you seen how much bitching and yelling companies did about piracy to prove it was a danger to the industry and DRM was totally necessary ? If they somehow acquired solid data on a patently immeasurable phenomenon, it wouldn't have stayed private for long.
Here's a secret, cuckboy. Companies are not perfect, always rational entities. They are deathly afraid of failure and tend to fall back on the safest strategy. Denuvo and churning out sequels both stem from that. It'd be obvious to you if you weren't this busy sucking kike cock.

(Pre-)Buyfag reporting in.
This shit is 10/10 worth every cent.
I pity piratefags, who can't know such joys.

The thread for Yoko Taro's card 404'd I didn't get to see the finished card, anyone got it?

Get Out

That is fucking amazing.

It'd probably only take them a week to crack Denuvo.

I'll never get people like you.

Apparently this has been censored.

I'd think that'd go without saying, America would never allow that

It has Denuvo. Wait for a crack. I give it two weeks.

I am enjoying the game. Is Denuvo actually bad or does it just make pirate fags salty?

Apparently it destroys SSDs but i can't find any definitive proof about it.

thats not nier automata…

That said I'll only buy the PS4 version, fuck buying it on PC and condoning Denuvo.

I am playing the game on my SSD. So far nothing happened but if that turns out to be true I can see why people would be upset.

It's basically an always-online requirement. If your connection drops even for a little bit, it's very likely you'll be unable to play the game.

It does nothing to your SSD.

Denuvo damages a game's performance. Even if your PC can handle it it's still bullshit, forcing people to run additional software on their own fucking computer for the privilege of playing vidya. It's another step on the road of increasing invasive anti-piracy measures. The last was always-online single player games, and now we've got Denuvo that's more intrusive than Steam or Origin. Keep buying Denuvo games and before long we'll have even more bullshit DRM to deal with.

I forgot to mention that it also is very unfriendly to people who constantly upgrade their hardware. It requires reauthentication basically every time it detects any change in hardware.

Well I just uplugged my internet while playing and nothing happened.

You're still running shit on your computer that could be doing whatever. You bought the game already, why are you okay with having to deal with additional bullshit and wear on your hardware? Keep it up and DRM is gonna continue becoming more and more and more invasive like it has for so long.

Here soon you're gonna have to register the vidya you play with a social media account and enable your webcam so the game can periodically take a picture of you to check that it's actually you playing the game.

I said it was basically always-online, not actually always-online. You need to be online at startup and you need to run Steam in online mode.

I guess that line was the confusing bit? I can see why. But note there's a distinction between starting to play a game and continuing to play a game. Denuvo is supposed to perform a check on launch to make sure it can connect to its authentication servers. After you've started the game, yeah, it probably doesn't give a shit, but it shouldn't start if you're not online.

Unnecessarily increases game sizes for the most part and it's fucking DRM.

I dunno, MGSV ran perfectly on just about anything and it had denuvo.

Also, probably the most worrying part is what will happen to these games when Denuvo gets abandoned and its servers shut down. You have to hope that all the publishers will remove Denuvo from their games at that point, but there's no guarantee, and that means (admittedly probably far in the future) there will come a time that some of these Denuvo games will become unplayable.

It depend on how well it's implemented, but Denuvo certainly has at least some degree of a performance impact. It won't really affect you if you're on a beefy PC, but it does put a strain on low to mid range computers.

True. I guess Kojipro gave more of a shit than most other devs.

Everyone talking about 'but what does Denuvo do' is missing the point. Denuvo is obfuscated software being run on your machine. It's designed to be secretive, no one knows entirely what it does and why. If you have any level of technical knowledge, this should fucking horrify you.

More then that, you are accepting this shady as fuck practice for literally no reason. It benefits only the publisher. Accepting a game with Denuvo is letting the publisher shove a leash up your ass, in return for absolutely nothing. Worse, you paid them for it. Have some god damn standards and spine.

Technically every proprietary game is.

Well this all depends on the amount of Resources the thing uses. If it's less than my background tabs of Holla Forums then it doesn't really matter. I am not ok with always on DRM or games that only allow me to install on a few machines but I wont not buy a good game if all that it costs me is a few kbs of background operation.

Disgusting. It's this "well it's not THAT big a deal" mindset that allows them to gradually get worse and worse, slowly boiling that fucking frog and the whole time he's croaking "well it's not THAT hot".

You have to do that with most games user.
Any steam game requires steam, any F2P game generally requires some background shit. Hell, back when Holla Forums LIKED battlefield they had to deal with punkbusters running in the background.
Is this a good thing? No, but it's strange to see people this mad about Denovo but not complain nearly as bad about comparable things. It makes me think it's just salty pirates mad they wont be able to play Nier Automata for a while.

Isn't this only a PC thing?

Both of these are Denuvo, though. You don't need to be online while playing the game but you DO need to be online to launch the game. And any time it detects a hardware change (read: any time you install on a device that was not the original device) you need to re-authenticate. And in the future when Denuvo goes under there's no guarantee you'll be able to play any game which relies on it for DRM.

Only if you choose to. You can play a lot of games without submitting to steam bullshit. I don't know how any pro-steam PC gamers can shit on console gamers when steam can literally take away all their games whenever they want and will lock them out of their own library if they don't get online for too long. Disgusting.

People have been pissed about Denuvo for a while, I think this is just the first game that Holla Forums wanted to play that also has Denuvo. I'm gonna buy it on PS4 instead just to make clear that this anti-consumer bullshit is not okay. The increasingly invasive DRM practices are like the ever increasing amounts of advertising on TV. It's just gonna get worse and worse until consumers put their foot down and stop supporting the bullshit.

Flawless logic

Mm, well, actually, it looks like several games now only require you to authenticate when you first install the product, not every time you launch it. Maybe they changed that.

I don't know about the multiple machines but I just reset my computer with my internet off and again, the game turned on.

Jesus christ. So the DRM isn't ok but the ps4 which is basically the ultimate form of DRM is?

Consoles are what they are, PC is supposed to be more free. I doubt consoles will ever be as free as a PC, but allowing PC gaming to become more console-like is unacceptable. Not buying console games won't make consoles any freer.

I bet both of you buy games from steam which is worse than any console.

Are you serious nigger?
You are supporting the ps4 and sonies kike practices which are far worse than anything I have seen done by any major PC company.

Then it's not a question of principle, it's a question on how much of a faggot you want to be. Also, console can still go even worse (Xbone for example) in privacy matter.
If you want to hold the moral high ground wait and pirate it, talking shit while contributing to it is fucking hypocrite.

Paying for online on consoles is bullshit, you're right. Good thing I don't. While you pay steam to rent games indefinitely that they can take back at any time for any reason, and won't even allow you to play offline for an extended period.

What's hypocritical about it? Buying it for PC while having a problem with denuvo would be hypocritical. Buying it for console while having a problem with denuvo is an entirely different affair.

Again, complaining about consoles while supporting steam is the real hypocrisy.

You support a company that does you dumb shit. By buying the shit console known as the ps4 you are telling console companies that
Also
kek. This is no different than buying downloadable games on consoles either but for some reason that is ok for you. The only different is that if steam tries to take away my games I can just crack them.

Hypocrisy is unbecoming, user. When you quit supporting steam and instead buy directly from devs you can talk shit on consoles, otherwise you're just preferring one flavor of bullshit to another.

You mean you, the user who supports the ps4 while complaining about DRM.
Now that is hypocrisy.
I would rather have fucking Origin on my machine than deal with sony.

cuck

just wait for the crack

I've noticed in my key items, the item Sound Data. It lets you listen to some songs at the juke box. It says it's 1 of 5. Where're the rest? I've completed 99% of the game already. Are they locked behind beating all 48 stages of the arcade challenge mode? I can only get 38.

Never mind, as it turns out they were all sold in a shop in the Resistance camp that I hardly ever use.

Why does it sound like a splatoon song

I remember some anons saying that their are differences in the American version from the Asia version with English subtitles

where did you find this?

is there porn of the opera boss yet?

I can confirm that reset chips do work on very hard. Is there anyway to get diamonds??

alright I'll give this game a solid 6/10. great and intriguing story imo. Too easy on normal, too tedious on hard (2 hits death, need to have anti-chain chip enabled and then annoyingly press ESC as soon as you're out of stagger to navigate the menus to use healing items, just atrocious(can't use auto heal because not all 2-hit death damage is 70%, obviously)). Mediocre gameplay, no special combos, no different movesets for different weapons (only stat changes). Horribly repetitive, only one general environment that doesn't change save for some shit like fog and one area from story progression, you have to traverse that shit a million fucking times, and that's not even counting the side-quests. This is without a doubt the most horrible thing about this game. Just fucking terrible. Great music. That's it

On PS4 you pull up a side menu during combat that lets you quickselect healing items. Did you not pay any attention to the tutorial or even look at the controls?

Did you even reach the first non-tutorial boss?

do you have to wear 2b's second costume or can you switch back to the second? I just like the first outfit more.

I bet its the autist from the other thread last night who dropped the game as soon as he got to tne camp.

Keep playing

Just letting you know that I'm still here.

Yeah nah unlike money my time on this planet is limited.

I take pride in enjoying my hobby, not spending money. If I could get the game on day 1 for free I would.

While I don't mind supporting the moonman, sqeenix can go fuck itself tbh. But I aint removing myself from pleasure just to spite mega corporation that doesn't care about my 60 bucks.

We can wait the 9 days :^)

Or just color her skin black.

BECOME AS GODS
Did automata sell really well or something?

BECOME AS GODS

It's not even an AAA-budget title, despite how it looks and its price tag, so selling at least ok would be enough for it to profit.

#1 in its first week in Japan, over 200,000 copies

BECOME AS GODS

works on my machine

神になる

I have a r9 290X and it crashed after the first boss. Luckily got a refund

I suggest killing yourself buying a console.

Denuvo is like if you bought a coat and the store left the magnetic anti-theft tag on. So now as you walk around the tag might set off alarms at other stores. Those stores will check make sure you paid for your coat and let you go on your way. So while you do have a new coat you also have a massive inconvenience.

Just use an older driver you nigger. 16.11.5 hasn't given me any problems at all.

how do i get rid of 2B's skirt?

Anyone has a link/magnet of the Live concert Blu-ray that came with the black box edition? I can't find it anywhere.

There are 2 ways:
1.-Self destruct
2.-Buy the Dress Module from emil

is there a way to regain my skirt if i blow up?

Just play the game, dude.

wanting to know if i can have my skirt back or if it is irreparable has virtually no bearing on playing the game

yeeah you cna get it back anytime you transport or go through a cutscene. there's also the item that-guy sells that lets you switch back and forth.

you mean alt+ARROW KEYS (not WASD) lol. Shit PC controls are inexcusable, additionally, time still flows real-time when in the quick menu, meaning it's absolutely vital that being able to evade and navigate the menu at the same time is possible. Is this so with gamepads?

Don't get hit tbh

So, I'm not gonna argue that Denuvo is irredeemable garbage, but I want to know exactly how it affects this game. Do we have confirmation whether it bloats the file size, or blocks me from playing the game offline? Does it do anything else notably evil?

I don't know, the port is pretty shit on its own.

It doesn't do shit. Supposedly it prevents you from playing while online, but that's some 3rd world country problem.

I keep hearing that the port is shit, but it works fine for me. I dunno, maybe stop using shit and/or outdated hardware.

fix

Nah m8, on my new computer it doesn't even run, but on my older computer it works. And even then the cutscenes are 30 fps locked and the resolution is borked so I have to use 1800x900 instead or 1080. I like the game, but you have to admit the port is shit, and "lmao poorfags" isn't an excuse faggot.

meant 1600x900 instead of 1080

Well yeah there is this resolution bug, I fixed it by using borderless thing. That's literally the only non-issue with the port.

I'd like to see specs. And make sure you're on real operating system and not W8 or 10.

BECOME AS GODS

Don't have the exact specs but the new one is intel and nvidia cpu/gpu with win10, old one is amd cpu and gpu with win8.1.

Nah, you can go become a god with the rest of the autismo suicide-cult.

stop defending bad ports

I per-ordered both PS4 and PC and the only thing I regret is not buying another Black Box edition.

This isn't going away is it?

BECOME AS GODS

That's nothing compared to actually bad ports.

Off yourself my man.

And yes install win7.

well it works on the one with win 8.1

Didn't mean to sage all this.

Now now, calm your booty.

That's one sign of a good port tbh. Win 8 is a joke.

Not an argument, all you've done is sidestep and move goalposts. Unless it ran this poorly on ps4, it is a bad port.

It also doesn't work on the majority of AMD cards and there's been no word of a fix.

The fix is to install an older driver like I told you to three hours ago, nigger.

That's not a fix you braindead nigger that's a work around.

The fix is to get real video card lol.

GTX 780s are glitching out and crashing though.

I'm not going to end up burning down the condo. just to play vidya.

kys rich white boi

because its sung by a squid

envious shitskin detected

I have one as well and nothing happened to me. In fact it's running a stable 60 here.

Given this is the closest to an Automata general thread I can find, I figure I'll post this here.

>Eve in Ending A comes off just as a child throwing a tantrum following Adam's death
>Cue Route C and you see 9S going through the exact same thing

On another note, did the Commander let 9S go after he learned that the humans were no more because she trusted him to keep his mouth shut, or did she expect 2B to finish the job after he returns to Earth?

its a joke you dipshit

this seems to be the only nier thread up right now, so:
I NEED to know why pascal is voiced by a woman. Is the original Japanese voice actor also a woman? Does the Japanese one sound any different, like at least trying to sound more "male"? This has bothered me for the longest time, it just puzzles me

Yes, the Nip VA is extremely qt. My hypothesis is that Pascal, in his attempt to study past human society, discovered imageboards and decided to change his voice unit in an attempt to become the little girl.
I'd fug trap Pascal, if only to hear the moans.

sounds about right.