Short but sweet

Put up some games that take no time to beat, but are still fun the whole way through

I'll always have a soft spot for Madworld

GOLDEN AXE

Isn't there supposedly some patched JP ROM of it floating around that inserts an English translation, enabling both western understanding of the game/script and the better audio of the JP release?

I mean, I suppose maybe there's not much story to it, but essentially an English translation regardless. Didn't it have some prototype English version?

Pretty much any good beat em up

I don't think it was that short. When I was a kid took me a week or so. Top tier game though, of all the games every made it's in the top 20 for sure. R&D1's best games was that and wario lands.

I could be wrong but when they were playing it at GDQ I'm pretty sure it was in english so it might have.

THESE ARE ALSO CORRECT

2 was a mistake.

I guess I should have added pic related

Yeah Gimmick was officially fully translated by Bergsala from Norway (the menu and credits are english) but was never released. You can get the NTSC'd version of the PAL cart online all over. Of course it just changed the framerate from the euro version.

I really like 2

Bleed. And presumably bleed 2, haven't played it yet

So is there any sort of rip of the English text into the JP version, or some sort of audio/framerate patch for the PAL English version? Just curious, since I know a few games that NA never got did see eventual 60mhz (or whatever the term is) patches to make them feel more at home to NA players emulating them.

Just play the JP version which has the non-butchered music, geez. It's not fucking Final Fantasy, there's almost no text in the game.

Only the games aren't good and are simply toted as being good only by elitist hipsters.

Whatever happened to those developers? I always thought it was Hudson because it seemed like Bonk but it's whoopiecamp? Never heard of them.

The framerate patched euro version has the english text but play the japanese version because the clockspeed for the euro consoles fucked up the music

They only made both Tomba games and closed down shortly after.

Oh btw speaking of gimmick you guys should emu trip world. It's very much like gimmick but very short, fun, and easy.

It was made by the same devs and just like Gimmick did with the NES it pushed the hardware of the classic GB to its limits.

I really think I should give more shorter games a chance. Sometimes it sucks when you pay quite a bit and feel jyped but brevity is the soul of wit I guess.

SA2 takes a ridiculously long time to get all emblems

Theres no doubt though that some games far overstay their welcome and drag on.

Divinity: OS for certain. My god did it feel like that game just kept going and going. I was burnt out before I even got to the end of the game, and I certainly won't be replaying it for a long ass time.

Mega Man X1/2 and Penny Racers/choroQ.

Original Contra can be beaten in a half hour, yet I've replayed it countless times. Can't say the same for any game that took 40 hours+.

Not for the same reason. Purple prose and content padding are two completely different beasts.

yeah, it's only four levels long but pretty fun 101 levels is not a short game

The japanese version has actual cutscenes and a GnG style map, playing that is highly recommended since it also has a translation patch.

Sound like you're just a filthy casual that can't appreciate thigh gameplay with a high skill ceiling and excelling level design or just another run of the mill shitposter that just likes to shit on anything that gets praise.

How short are we talking?
SMB can be beaten in 30 min - 1 hour or even less based on your skill and in about 5-10 minutes with warp zones.

You sound exactly like the type of person I was describing.

You sound like a contraria casual with an inferiority complex and you probably have never even played the games since you are not giving any arguments as to why you think that the games "aren't good"

OP here. I'd say beaten in under 4 hours, something you can clear in an afternoon. Games I put up can beaten in as little as 15 minutes if you're not incompetent. Other ones would be the GBA Metroid games

You sem like a casual who simply is unable to git gud so he has to impotently rage at those who actually can beat hard games with tight gameplay.

Not only MM2, pretty much every classic Mega Man game can be completed in 4 hour or less

elitist hipster #2

Especially the gameboy games. As I kid I remember beating them in the day and they were pretty fun to me at the time.

How come I've never thought of that?

Posting NES games is kind of pointless. They were all short. They had to be, since you couldn't save.

whoa nigger bring enough buzzwords for the rest of the glass?

Most 1st party Sega Saturn games tend to be short

Duck Tales 1&2 NES (not the low quality remake)

but I have to protest against Mario Land bro. Sure it might be fun in an emulator but on the orginal hardware it was almost impossible to play on account of poor advisability.

Contra 3 Alien wars best Contra.

great artwork but not real that fun, in fact its sorta boring to be honest.

gameboy screens fade over time due to the display method utilizing polarizing ink. It would display just fine way back when

I managed to play it just fine as a kid

no it did not, I owned it as a kid and the display showing in this picture is as good as it got. Not to mention there was motion blur. The small sprites made it even worse. This was not nearly a big of a problem with SML2 or Kurby.

you are indeed special jimmy.

You're the retard who can't work his own Game Boy apparently

Mega Man V on the game boy is a masterpiece.

Pluto's stage theme is one of the best.

Snake Rattle and Roll was bretty gud, provided you had a turbo controller because the last boss is just plain obnoxious without one.

No, I have to agree there was motion blur, especially on the pocket. GBA the issue was 100% cured though. It was never as bad as the tiger games.com but it was noticeable.

Goddamn, this game was the bomb. I could never use the gem specials when I wanted though, only by accident.

Madworld is the fucking shit.

This is the one and only game I could never tire of playing.