Demon's Soul can be played now on PC. Looks like the PS3 emulator is finally working

Demon's Soul can be played now on PC. Looks like the PS3 emulator is finally working.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117402
twitter.com/AnonBabble

from start to finish?

JUST

*PS3

>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117402
could have bought 2 PS3s and a copy of demons souls for each at that cost. It's nearly a 10 year old game.

not too late to sell it on craigslist.

Considering they had to edit the music for the Vanguard and Phalanx fights back in to the video, I doubt it. Might not be too far off, though

that's horrendous.

well it's still an improvement, maybe we'll have some playable games by years end.

(checked)

Just pirate the game on the softmodded PS3, while this is great, it's not as good as the console just yet.

The fact that somone actually managed to play it through and defeat few bosses is outstanding if you count in how tough this emulator was developed.

Its so weird to see this game in action after playing ds1-3 and bloodborne. It was like 4 souls games since then. Looks so easy, if its beatable on such low fps.

How long has the emulator been in development?

Since 2011.

Performance is awful, but it's impressive that PS3 emulation managed to get even this far. I'll check up on it next year.

Meanwhile, PS2 emulation is still shit and even PS1 emulation is buggy shit.

PC ALWAYS WINS

That's what PC needed, more ds garbo.

That's what Holla Forums needed, more sage-downvoting newfags with shit taste.

only took 11 years from release. not too bad

Yup, have more downvotes.

You're living under a rock.

Demon's Souls came out eighteen years ago

Upgrade

Hardware is fine

Oh the irony

ps2 emulation is really bad. About saturn-tier.

Good, now mustards can finally play the game dank souls is a shitty version of. Now the healing can begin.

What do you want, a cycle-accurate emulator? It has above 99% compatibility

compatibility =/= playability.

Except for AMD cards.

Should have known

So you're admitting it is shit for half the cards on the market.

So you're admitting it is a hardware issue on your end

support issue on pcsx2's end.

It is a software issue.
Dolphin has no fucking issues with AMD cards and their OpenGL performance and it's widely considered to be a great emulator overall.

No one would consider AMD cards with the same performance as their Nvidia counterpart as a "hardware issue" unless you're really desperate and damage controlling.

Do you need attention?

Man I remember when consolefags were downright shat on all over the board aside from handheldfags.
Now this thread as consoleniggers butthurt about emulation.

Great. I'll remind my kids to wake me up from my afternoon nap when it's finally playable.

FTFY

So tell me about this game then. Does armor actually work?

of course any emulation thread attracts a "muh original hardware" super-autist whos butthurt about emulators making his old consoles obsolete and running the games better than the consoles ever could.

NEVER EVER they said. Well I already have this game on PS3 so I don't need to emulate but it's good that they're making progress.

almost all games are perfectly playable and look and run better than on ps2

Oh. That's good. I've been waiting for this ever since my PS3 was kill.

Awesome. Age of emulation just keeps getting better and better.

Also, stop this.

Why? I laughed heartily

That account reeks of halfchan.

Has PS2 emulation really progressed beyond the "shitty, buggy, dependant on hacks and per game configs and only the popular games work" stage? Or is it just a case of the better hardware these days making up for it?

For how shitty Dreamcast evolution worked 10 years ago (and still does) it still worked better than PS2 emulation on my toaster back then.

neverever is, ironically, a temporary bant.

its temporary, but incredibly effective.

Go home, Futanari God.

Kill yourself

Whoops, mobile posting. Should be "aren't banned on sight"
Brb, killing self

You got me excited.
I would so be down for a Demon Souls replay on the PC.

I have Demon's Souls and a PS3 I literally got the PS3 just for that game and MGS4.

I think it is nice that PC can play these games now as it is a hassle to go into the lounge and play games when I can just load it up from my workstation.

I know many anons like to complain about full/v/ but even our platformwar threads are pretty civlized. This thread would already have 500 replies on cuck/v/, half of it nothing but SONYGGERS BTFO posts.

Warhawk when?

I think that was ironic did you not see the video? It was running at a silky smooth 1 frame a second

If they get the emulators to host servers i will be really impressed.

Honestly, was a pc game released on a console. All it needs is mouse and keyboard support.

You what m8?
The only games that don't work full are those weird European games like Michigan Report from Hell, Girl vs Tank and those double layer games with extra encryption like Valkyire Profile 2 (hurrdurr it has built in Anti-cheat that doubles as copy protection, you can avoid triggering it if you're careful) , God of War 2, etc.

PS1 emulation is as perfect as it's going to get without getting the actual sound encryption keys from Sony. Almost every game runs at beyond 100%, and a handful of games have sound issues.
For fuck's sake, you can even 100% emu PSX games on the PSP and android without too problems.

The people running Sony now are absolutely cancerous, hate fun and hate video games.

That's an astounding leap forward for PS3 emulation, holy shit.

Get some Vulkan on that bitch.

Vanquish when?