Unreal Tournament is now Objectively better than Quake

AFTER ALL THESE YEARS OF DEBATE, THE TRUTH HAS FINALLY REVEALED ITSELF

Play the older Quakes or Xonotic or UT2004.

I knew this back when Unreal came out OP, where were you?

I know that feel

It was always a fact but the truth is finally out there for all to see.

Cosmetics out of loot boxes are a staple at this point. Unreal will probably do the same thing down the line, right now its just RNG or by level, I don't remember. Its not like they're free from the stupid bullshit.

Play Reflex Arena, it came out earlier this week.

I don't mind cosmetics if they aren't shoved down your throat. Look at UT4 as of now. If you want to buy a stupid hat from the shop you can but it isn't smashed into your face.
Sadly has no players.

Wrong. Game just came out of early access this week, people are more then willing to hold newbs hand too so its not like its hard to get into.

Is Bethesda really making a half-assed overwatch clone?

They should ask Gearbox how well that went

Why does everything the nu-unreal engine touch turn to garbage?

Because I have a shit computer and play on lowest settings possible. Visually its actually quite nice.

Good counter. I sure hope this is the case. Unreal is always the engine I WANT to love, but always finds ways to disappoint me.

oh my fucking god

it's dead fam

Name even three arena shooters with 200 players, I will help you; Quake Live with 300

tf2, overwatch, cs:go

Has the beta started already?

I bought this game earlier this week called Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball which was pretty neat. Its a little arena shooter where the gimmick is that it's dodgeball, so the weapon has ballistic characteristics and can be caught and whatnot. It was 3 bucks so I got my money's worth at least.

Come on user

Maybe you could argue those are arena shooters, I wont participate, so to reiterate, name three games that play remotely similar to Doom deathmatch (for example, quake 3) with more than 200 players

Arena shooters are 99% dead, new UT is dead, Quake Live basically dead. And the only chance of ressurection we have is Quake Champions, but it's one of many, except this one is going full normalfag with certain aspects in hopes of capturing their attention.

Active players across all major regions is all you need. You will never have another high skill ceiling games with a high player base due to being unable to shift the blame onto other people. Smaller communities are superior anyway, since people actively try to make each other better at the game instead of just being assholes to each other since you never play with the same person more then once outside high MMR in some games. I was in a game yesterday where people just stopped playing normally to show a new player how to do the tricky jumps to access weapons. Ask for help in most games all you'll get is death threats.

I doubt it'll surpass more then a few hundred players for a while bar some kind of insane insurgence but now that its out of beta/has bots to mess around with people will actually start playing regularly. I've been supporting the game for a while but been waiting for official release to actually log in hours. Its also a actually good unlike others that came out recently (Toxikk), Reflex is the only AFPS that actually has a chance of making it.

We have reached full delusion.

I just wish Reflex was more than just a CPMA reskin.

In comparison to a lot of AFPS games that have came out in the past, its leagues above them. I still think Warsow would have had a lot of success being released on steam to attract new players but the ship have sailed on that.

If it aint broke don't fix it

If it ain't broke why try to replace it? Thats the whole point I am making, they didn't improve anything so there isn't any reason for it to exist. All it does now is serve to further split the community as a shameless clone with the only thing it has going for it being an awesome map editor which yeah is a big deal, I just wish they would have given it an identity of it's own

Isn't Unreal owned by those faggots from DE? If so, Quake will be better

Quake is owned by those faggots of Zenimax FYI

I get what you guys are saying but I truly believe that DE is worse, just take a look at the current state Warframe, it is just a fucking grindfest and those new riven mods and events are so fucking lazy

Stop with the engine buzzword.

Fug, meant for

STOP FUCKING POSTING YOU NEEFAG SCUM, LURK SOME FUCKING MORE
and Epic is in a partnership with Tencent, they don't hold a majority stake though

>>>/cuckchan/

I didn't know this, thanks user, at least Unreal is safe fron DE's jew hands

Where did you even get the information that DE was in charge of Unreal4?

I just assumed that they were still in charge of Unreal, I really don't follow DE's history so I didn't know about them being purchased

They were never in charge of Unreal you dumbass or Epic you dumbass.
They don't have anything to do with Unreal aside from the fact that their games were made with it.

Stop presenting your fucking ignorance as facts.

What the fuck are you talking about?
Im talking about the Unreal game series, they made Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Championship, Unreal Tournament 03 and Unreal Tournament 04

>They don't have anything to do with Unreal engine aside from the fact that their games were made with it.
now see, this is where YOU'RE wrong.

The theme for a second made me think you were on windows 2000 or something.

XP, but close enough.
inb4 derail

Just stop talking about things you don't know about, and trying to fit in so hard. You don't fit in and you're retarded.

Oh hey, fun fact I didn't know about
But they don't own shit, they never did and they've been indepent for years now with no connection to Unreal or Epic.
The big Dog has always been Epic

DE doesn't own anything Unreal related

Why do you admit not knowing that DE co-produced Unreal and then go on to say that they don't have any connection to it?

Can someone explain Digital Extremes to me?

There's nothing complicated about them, they used to make the Unreal series but with time they started to get worse, their biggest game at the moment is Warframe a f2p grind-fest, they have also become pretty anti-consumer, for example:

And there's more

They haven't had any connection to it for years now, they're not developing th latest one.
I'll admit, I was ignorant about their input on Unreal, but Epic always owned the IP, not DE.

They made some Pinball games in the DOS era and after that worked as a third party independent developer, usually making collaboration efforts with other devs or being contracted by publishers to develop a certain game.

I only knew about them when Dark Sector came out and later Warframe.

unreal is no buzzword, but a meme in its own right. It and Unity are every would be indie developers entry into the video game publishing world. If you have a poorly optimized piece of shit indie gaming slowing down on your rig you can bet it was made in one of the two.

I've tried to use both and both times I've been unimpressed or reached a point where I've needed to shell out thousands to get what I want, and even then I'm not sure I would reach the quality I wanted possible.

I just checked and no shit. I can't even own this fucking engine. I have to shell out 19 dollars a month to own it and I have a 'marketplace' to buy premade assets from. What a fucking job. I hate this digital age. Is unity the same?

Didn't they revert the loadout and what not changes though?
I rememebr some months ago some user said that the numbers dropped so fucking hard that they had no other chance then to revert it to get the players back.

Meant to add this.

It's also not F2P anymore and you need to buy a copy on steam. Why even bother when Q3 + CPMA does the job?

Quakewatch
How long until we learn that the blue-haired girl who runs really fast is a dyke?

I'm disgusted and intrigued at the same time. Disgusted for the obvious reasons, intrigued because it's a Quake game worse than 2, as if that were even possible. Best of all, it'll be like 3 all over again where the single-player mode is non-existent. Wouldn't want to compete with those DOOM sales, now would we?

I'm just going to play Quakeworld until I die. You can take your newfangled UT game that's the same as the old shit games and shove them up your ass. At least Unreal is good.

If I were to make a game would UE4 be the best "free" engine choice on the market?

It being F2P was what was keeping it alive

This doesn't look like Quake at all and more like some gay animesque tumblr shit. Whatever happened to that gritty gothic-industrial oppresive setting from the older games?

What layer of the Twilight Zone is this?

patrician tbh

It's 2017 user, metal is dead and gothic a joke.

>>>/cuckchan/

Oh wow, are those packs with random loot, or cosmetics in them that you buy with money? I want quake I and III back.

Reflex is pretty good aside from melee being a one hit kill. No idea what they were thinking with that one other than "WE WANT THE COD AUDIENCE".

even as a CS fanboy I have to tell you to stop right there.

OH THANK GOD
for a minute I thought that Warframe had entered soem fresh new hell

check his flag

ASSFAGGOTS "F2P" shit vs paid mods "F2P" shit. Hm.

Because that screenshot looks like he's on really low settings, this game is arguably the highest fidelity game on the market (these three screenshots are before the recent-ish UI design, need to take some new ones).

I wish Quake was an ARPG FPS game instead of a shitty twitch shooter.

what

really dude?

Id has always been a bunch of hacks, that's what.

Idiot.
Quake 3 revolutionized lighting, actually. They found a way to meme the engine into producing dynamic light with few overheads.

It was so unexpected that the devs themselves didn't know why it worked, they just did it. When Carmack doesn't know how something works, you know it's fucking high-level.

Nice. Some user storytimed a crossover comic from that thread, it was pretty neat.

Instead of bitching that you won't play Reflex because there's no players, why not just play with low-pop?
If more people play, even more will come. So instead of waiting for others to start playing before you do, why not start the chain of events yourself?

In that regard, Bethesda invented sandbox open world shooter genre with car jacking 2 years before Id released Wolfenstein. I'm talking about game design, their games have always been dumbed down dungeon crawler action games.

come on user

They are fast-paced first person shooters set in a gothic catle with Lovecraftian overseers with Nine Inch Nails playing in the background.

How is that dumbed down? AFPS games are not simplified, they are streamlined to the core mechanics of a first-person shooter, but still have more depth to them than any CoD/BF game.

I just did this on Reflex. Nobody playing FFA, fuck it, joined an empty FFA server and it filled up in about 10 minutes. It was glorious.

That's the spirit.
Need more people to just sit in an empty lobby and practice skills/map layouts, then it will draw other players in.

Quake Champions is the dumbest fucking idea ever, because most MOBAFPS fags are casuals that only play for the characters, and Quake has just about the least appealing character designs imaginable.

yay

So this game will use the Overwatch payment model expect you can try out the game for free. What is the problem?

Look what they did to the wolfenstein franchise.

But they aren't AFPS, so I don't care.
I care a lot, actually ;_;

Does anyone have good footage

The scale of the maps actually reminds me more of UT. That makes me happy. Never liked Quake much.

Also does everyone forget Unreal Championship. You had different stats based on what character you picked.

etc

This is all not that new.

No one in this thread said this system was new

How can unreal be better than anything if no one plays it?

If you didn't have autism you would have read between the lines for the past 6 months or whatever it has been

It feels great. I got nothing against quake, but I've always liked ut better and the alpha is amazing. Most people are put back by the arbitrary small gameplay changes (like the link gun main fire cooldown) but they honestly dont affect the game at all. Im sure there is a reason for the cooldown, but it only means less than half a second of not firing after at least 5 seconds of holding m1

It has a good amount of players, at least on eu servers

Fucking kikes.

Can I be one of the cool kids now, Holla Forums? I promise, I won't look so bad when QuakeWatch comes out.

Well, I fucked that up. Serves me right for jumping boards and threads.

Do not spread misinformation on the internet, mate.