Name a decent, in-depth puzzle game about building, creating, or engineering

Name a decent, in-depth puzzle game about building, creating, or engineering.

I have a mighty need.

Other urls found in this thread:

myabandonware.com/game/the-incredible-machine-1mg
store.steampowered.com/app/262410/
kongregate.com/games/inXile_Ent/fantastic-contraption
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

myabandonware.com/game/the-incredible-machine-1mg

Spacechem, TIS-1000, Shenzhen I/O and Infinifactory are the first ones that come to mind

As good as the Zachtronic games are, they're mainly about automation and repetition. I want to feel like a craftsman or a machinist stapling things together. The only experience i can remember that gave me a similar feeling was chiseling out a statue in TerraFirmaCraft, and that wasn't even close to being a puzzle game.

The only games that I can think of that make you feel like a craftsman also aren't really puzzle games, more of just physics sandboxes like Kerbal Space Program, Besiege and Banjo Nuts and Bolts.

I'd say Besiege is a good example of what i'm talking about, but even then you're hardly crafting anything, just stitching something that works out of pre-made parts. I can't think of a game where building something like a gear is anything more complicated then dragging and dropping.

How about instead of wasting time looking for games that replicate life, you go and learn a craft and do it for real

Cause i can't afford a lathe or a cutting tool in my house.

AutoCAD

There used to be this 'crafts club' in my city a while back. Basicly you could use local schools wood and metal working class from 5pm to 8pm from monday to saturday, you paid a monthly fee which wasn't much and you paid for your own materials, which wasn't usually a lot either. It was pretty sweet, but the school stopped it a while back for some reason.

What I was trying to say is that there might be something similiar near you. This thing was not advertised anywhere and I stumbled upon it by accident so ask around.

If you are going that route use Mastercam instead where you can create your toolpaths and is still similar layout to autocad

Have you considered just giving into the autism and buying Lego?

World of Guns: Gun Disassembly might scratch your itch.

store.steampowered.com/app/262410/

Can you build your own frankenstein's monster of a gun in that?

user it's not a creativity simulator

Yeah that's almost exactly not the answer

My summer car

Very fucking time with that thumbnail.
I always think it's some guy jacking off to a rifle.

kongregate.com/games/inXile_Ent/fantastic-contraption

This is the only thing that I can think of off the top of my head.

Now that I think about it, isn't there am early access game like this?
Scrap mechanic or something like that.

Factorio, Garry's Mod, Starmade, your choice of bridge building simulator

Don't. Lego is china-tier quality now. Your shit will break just sitting on a shelf, let alone the stress of mechanics. Either shell out big money for pre-millenium parts on jewlink or don't bother at all.

I have some old parts that have still stayed strong since the nineties. The only lego i remember being broken in my big plastic box was a tiny blue motorbike helmet.

Precisely. Older parts still have the quality you would expect, but newer parts are made with shitty china plastic and break apart just from being used once. All the pieces feel lighter and cheaper compared to older pieces and the clutch isn't anywhere near as strong or consistent. Just stay the fuck away from modern Lego.