TFW this was better than the movie it was based on

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Peter_Jackson's_King_Kong
archive.is/5ljal
youtube.com/watch?v=AMb0HIb1myg
go4up.com/dl/d6a507e7e8141d/KingKong-RegularEdition.7z.001
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was okay user

This was actually a good game I still even 12 years later can't believe this.

In all fairness, it's not difficult to be better than the Jack Black King Kong movie.

What did you play it on? PC?

I guess it was horrific enough already but I was sort of disappointed they never adapted that fucked up insectoid filled crevasse to some level in the game.

Twas a good game

And, this game was on a sixth gen console.

To add insult to injury, how was the DS version of King Kong?

Jesus and games now won't do any of this.

And it was a fucking movie tie in game

It was a great game tho.

5 magazines and I'm back up.

Doesn't mean shit, the movie tie in LoTR games were better and less casual than Shadow of Mordor.

Fuck, I'd forgotten how good that game was, even being able to play 2 player co-op. Stayed true to the movies, stayed true to the lore, still managed to be a really fun game.
I think I might dust off my copy and do another run through after the I was the movies again, thank you user for posting this.

The movie was pretty decent tbh, if a bit long

Should Medal of Honor Frontline/Rising Sun be considered movie games? cause hot damn, those were some fun ass games.

Fun Fact: Oscar-Winning Michael Giacchino was originally an Under Study for John Williams, and when Spielburg asked Williams to compose for his Medal of Honor video games, Williams declined cause he's busy with other movies, so Williams recommended Giacchino. almost a decade later, in LOST, whenever submarines show up, the U-boat theme from MOH plays, as an homage to his first job on MOH

you were supposed to light the bonfires up and get a new spear that way.
also the raptors wont go in the water so you can just stay there and pop out to fetch a spear and throw.

What's the best version to play?

Frontline and Rising Sun were shit
European Assault, Pacific Assault and Allied Assault are the only good ones.

Frontline is pretty much a poor mand Allied Assault full of reused assets and music, and whoever made the Bocage and Bridge sections on that game should be fucking shot or hung.

With Vanguard/Airborne being inbetween those.

And no, they aren't movie tie, based on movies or licensed on movies, just heavily influenced by them.

Also Michael is a fucking genious, he is living the live if you search some vids of him showing his house an car.
He fucking deserves it, goddamn

this is how I knew you were full of shit right away.

the PC games always felt like knockoffs of the console ones.

PC version, but be sure to the the 360 port
I should also play it again since I only played the PS2 version full of framedrops and shitty res/textures.
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Peter_Jackson's_King_Kong

Ever played Pacific Assault nigger?
You can even set the bomb timer to whichever seconds you want

Frontline was released nearly a year after Allied Assault and Risimg Sun was irredemeable garbage and those Aircraft Carrier and Night Jungle sections are the worst offenders.
Its only redemeable feature was the splitscreen

European Assault was the best MoH console game besides the OGs.

Forgot vid

bitch, have YOU??
I was just replaying it yesterday cause its on sale on gog right now

3 times better than Rising Run and its shitty Elephant section.
Stop

no thanks. At least Rising Sun had fun places like the temples and shit, and good map design in general.

Also,
Rising Sun has the best song in the whole damn series

ITT anons connect the dots for me and make me sad for knowing modern games are so shit even movie tie-ins are better.

its called nostalgia dude. play better games. I've been playin Day of Infamy with MOH soundtrack on bgm and it's been a fucking blast

Nostalgia is a meme answer that's nothing more than attempt to get people to suck AAA cock.

kong is the exception
the game is amazing on its own

Eat shit and die

The DS version was a pretty decent FPS.
The GBA version is where is at.

Nostalgia only sets in when it's been several years since you played a game. If it's sooner then you've got a problem and you should get your head checked out.

I remember having a blast with those games. The LOTR franchise actually had some decent stuff until recent years. I still play Battle of Middle Earth 2 to this day.
Why aren't mousou games more like this game though, where there are a shit ton of enemies, but each one can still be a threat to you if you aren't careful enough. You're stilll plowing through dudes, but you're not just a spic pushing around a lawnmower. All you need is some vague way to command the troops to do stuff and it would be great. The new berserk game should have just been a upgraded version of the ps2 one with more characters and stuff.

What about LOTR conquest

Out of curiosity what are your opinions on LoTR: The Third Age?

Never played it, but it didn't look that great from what I've seen of it.

The movie has great visuals, but with shitty editing, filler scenes, and out of place melodramatic moments. Peter Jackson had a lot of resource, but he's a hack who never watched a Tarkovsky film.

you mean pacing right?

God damn I forgot about this shit. I remember all the times I quickly turned to Hayes so he could throw me his shotgun while I through him the machine gun so I could blow some fucking raptor or centipede in the face with it

Fucking hell that was an awesome feature

Don't listen to this faggot, do not install any of the PC versions
Both the standard version and the 360 port (the "Gamers Edition") use Starforce drm
And the cracks available are all shit, they don't disable or allow you to play without Starforce installed, they just bypass it
Also, the 360 port is shit, it's buggy and worse than the standard version in some ways (just like the Xbox 360 version itself)
Best version of the game is the OG Xbox port, if you don't own a Xbox I think it's better to emulate the Gamecube version on Dolphin
If by all means you must play one of the PC versions, do so on a virtual machine so Starforce won't screw with your pc.

Of course it was, the entire movie was just
not hard to outdo that.

I'd rather not even play it at that point.

Yeah, it's pretty sad, really.

The problem with the PC 360 port, aside from the bugs and glitches, is that while it offers much better textures and sometimes better lighting, at the same time it lacks many lighting and shader effects present on the 6th gen versions that added to the atmosphere. This is not only a problem with the PC 360 port but with the 360 version itself. It was probably rushed.

Regardless of the drm problems OG Xbox really is the best version, since it has some of the effects from the 360 version that other 6th gen ports lack, while retaining all the visual effects from the 6th gen versions. And of course, compared to the PS2 and GC versions it also offers better textures, AA and framerate as it was the norm with Xbox multiplats.

Reviews from the time claim the PS2 version is actually slightly better than the GC version on texture resolution and framerates, but since PCSX2 is a trainwreck and has a few problems emulating this game (it is playable tho), I think it's better to emulate the GC version

Hell yeah motherfucker

We went from this to casual Batman slot combat.

It pretty funny, thinking about it now. Elizabeth was an impartial observer in Infinite, Hayes and the other mercenaries actually helped you fight in this game.

WTF, is Peter Jackson using hypnosis or something.

So for someone like me that doesn't really emulate the best option is to find the PS2 or GC version? don't haven an OG xbox and graphics don't completely break a deal for me.

Not just pacing, everything is too frantic and there are too many jumpcuts. Sometimes it's excessively upbeat, sometimes it's excessively slow. PJ has poor taste in aesthetics.

The linearity and braindead AI was fucking terrible. Anyone liking that shit game was a 5 year old caught up in EAs marketing

again 99% of PA was "walk through forrest killing japs until the next level"

I'd say grab an OG Xbox from somewhere for about Forty United States Dollars and softmod it for all those sweet exclusives and enhanced multiplats. But I'm just a fatbox shill.

Damn this thread is making me want to play King Kong again. I just rewatched a couple of gameplay videos of it and it's crazy how far ahead of its time it seems now, especially with shit like Irrational touting Elizabeth's ability to give you weapons in Infinite as a feature, as the other user said, when KK gave you the option to do that yourself any time you wanted 8 years earlier.

I guess so. In case you own a Xbox 360, the 360 version may also be an option, though I personally dislike that version despite having better textures, lighting and framerate. It just doesn't feel "right" because of the missing effects.

Both Pacific Assault and Rising Sun are shit, the worst 6th gen MOH games

Agreed, it's really worth it for the bestest versions of multiplats alone.

what about that one for the Wii/PSP/6th gen?

What happened to all the good developers after the ps2 days, did they die? Is all the effort going into making the graphics look good and nothing more?

Also I remember seeing king kong in the theater and a fat autist got kicked out during the previews cause he kept talking loudly.

Any small studio that finds success will get pressured by some AAA giant through whack publishing deals or legal horseshit until they get assimilated and dissolved.

2007 financial crisis plus the normalfag flood

They were just ship crew, at best they're poachers.

Can I play the OG Xbox version on a 360? I do have one.

When I played this when it came out, I was disappointed cause I thought I was going to be a 3D rampage game. I played the whole game primarily because I rented it and figured I might as well squeeze out as much out of it as it was worth.

Since I rarely pay movie tie in games I never realized how lucky I was.

The worst part is that despite there being a new Kong movie coming out nothing like this will see the light of day again.
Which wouldn't be that bad if the game weren't so damn short.

How has nobody mentioned that the better you do (less ammo you consume, more enemies you kill [not the AI, you], less damage taken) the harder the game gets and this unlocks extras such as an alternate ending?

star wars 3 tie in game was also very good if my memory is not fucking with me

Have you been following the industry in the past 5 years? They don't even care about decent graphics anymore, if anything games look worse now than 5 years ago.
And your answer is jews, pajeets and women taking over the industry

Heroes, Heroes 2 and Vanguard are shit but tbh I had more fun playing them than with RS and PA

Sadly no, no BC for this one

Welp, I'll let God sort this one out. First copy I see for this game I'll grab.

Oh what what a surprise.
How novel a concept.
Really makes you think.

cause even if you do games about current/future/fictional wars, the countries that arent US will sue.

you dont understand the struggle man…

fucking embarrassing

I played the GC and 360 versions. It played just fine on the cube for me, preferred it even after renting the 360 version later to see if it looked better.

Wasn't Wildlands supposed to be set in Mexico? Imagine the outrage the spics would've had…

Yes, but they cucked out due to Trump shit talking those spics.

i don't remember any outrage in the various movies and other media that portrays mexico as the hellhole it is

That's not in? Damn, was looking forward to that too.

It's too nice a depiction of Mexico.

It was a pretty decent, human boss fights were shit though.
The great thing about the game was dismembering/reflecting blaster fire of grunts with your powers and aside from boss fights such as the crab droid and the Clone Gunship the human boss fights were retarded damage sponges.

The thing was full of content, from an 8 hour campaign with different endings, to single missions, to horde modes, coop and even a fightan style VS mode.

Playing as Griveous was great even though story wise on the movies hes a shitty villain.
A shame really his design and backstory on the expanded universe which isn't explored in the movies, are pretty good, too bad none of it is canon.

A really nice 6.5/7 out of 10 game

I played this on the psp and had a blast with it

Honestly what do you expect from a bunch of short, squat obese mentally deficient beaners when it comes to not understanding that video games are fucking video games and not some magical little world where the little mami on the TV is apparently some scary mexican folklore creature that will steal your hombre's mami's memers if you don't scream and screech as you try to shit yourself in hope that whatever demon's they worship under the guise of 'Catholicism' will protect them. Though what makes this worse that this is Bolivia getting mad over a depiction of what is fucking Mexico, unless Ubisoft changed it last minute. But the question is, why does anyone give a shit about Bolivia? They're just Mexico 3.0, even fatter, uglier and just as fucking stupid as Mexico, but that's not saying much when every other damned nation below Mexico is just Mexico with a tallied up number next to it, just varying in degrees of obesity, how childish they are as well as their mental capacity being that of a mentally deficient child suffering from downs, on top of just being gross, bloated, beady eyed brown skid marks upon this earth.

Like for fuck sake, do they even have internet in Bolivia? How would they know this game exists? They don't have the money to export, let alone import game consoles like the PUSS 4 PRO or Xbob's Juan, so I don't see how in the fuck their retarded ass government is making a stink about it, unless they're that fucking retarded they think they're going to recieve some sort of financial crisis aid from America if they scream loud enough Even though Ubisoft created the damn game, but we know damn well the frogs won't give a shit about Bolivia, probably why they chose to go with retconning it from Mexico to Bolivia due to how shitty the country is and how disgusting the people are, even though in my personal opinion they're just fatter, shorter and smellier than the average Mexican, but they all look the same minus brazil, Brazil is just niggers with HIV who pretend to be from Portugal and rape, but they do that in Mexico too lel

What's worse, I'm sure we got a couple of grotty ass Mexi-memers ready to flood Holla Forums once their dial-up finally finishes downloading the boxart pictures off askjuanita.com to where they'll rush here to spam the board with their little mami es meme bullshit.

Here are some more examples

Plan 9 from Outer Space is a point and click adventure game that is more like a fan game for the movie than a proper tie in like that The Room flash game. Published by Konami of all companies in the US.

Xmen Origins Wolverine is just god of war with wolverine. Its a good game on its own. Don't touch anything but the PC/360/PS3 versions.

Judge Dredd is a solid sidescrolling shooter. Don't touch anything but the SNES version as the Genesis version has fucked up controls and physics.

The Warriors is a top tier 3D beat em up. Still holds up nicely and can be easily emulated.

Batman Forever : The Arcade Game is just a solid side scrolling beat em up.

Sue who? On what grounds? What kind of shitholes have judges that wouldn't laugh this bullshit right out of court?

My melanin-excessive fellow

DAAA waaaaRRRIOoooorrss CUM AUT to PLaaayyyyAAAAyyYYYY

That movie is incredible too long for what it's trying to achieve, but I've played the game a couple times, don't know if I should bother again but if I were, I'd want to play a pc port if possible, I remember their being a pussup version though, and a PUSS 2 version.

why are you typing like a fucking retard?

and no, I'm not talking about your red text, I'm talking about making shitty puns out of console names. that shit isnt funny and you only make yourself look like a tard

Are you underage or something? Or you have no idea what a fucking PUSS 2 or a PUSSUP is? Jesus fucking Christ, I swear nu/v/ never ceases to amaze me that I'm literally talking to fucking 12 year olds that we're fucking born in 2005 who have no idea what PUSS 2 is referencing.

I mean for fuck sakes, your over-all description of it too is borderline third worlder's first time on Holla Forums.

Seriously, if you have no idea what I'm referencing, why don't you ask instead of trying to act as if you're old enough to be posting here talking about 'looking like a tard' when you literally do not know one of the oldest fucking things anyone could mention on Holla Forums. On top of the fact you had to reply twice like a fucking idiotic beaner who couldn't sum it up in one fucking post.

I swear, you underage shitskins are seriously making Holla Forums more and more into nu/v/ and it hurts.

you know, when you try that hard, we can tell you're new.

What's fucking worse, something tells me that you not only don't know what a fucking PUSS 2/PUSS 3/PUSSUP is, but you probably have no fucking clue what a fucking DOOVDÉ is.

DOOVDÉ

I mean, it'd be funny if you were talkin bout Bothov, but you're acting like a dude who's trying too hard to sit at the cool kids table.

>Legitimately thinking they know anything about humor when they're a wannabe nigger comedian of all fucking things
So not only are you underage, have no fucking clue what PUSS 2/PUSS 3 is, let alone fucking DOOVDÉ of all fucking things, you actually thought you were going to gain legitimacy as someone who's been around since the beginning when you save nigger pictures in an attempt to try and show the world how 'cultured' and how you're now a master comedian for posting autistic niggers following the whole idiotic/autistic childish nigger tier jokes I've seen kids post on fucking twatter/kiketube and the like thinking that they're actually clever for literally copy-pasting nigger made jokes, of all fucking things to want to emulate, you chose niggers which only reinforces my point.

Seriously, when you have to emulate niggers and their kike-made culture, you're clearly underage, clearly not ethnically European and obviously not from around here and never were, more than likely found your way here from 4cuck recently, or from funnycuck, 9queer, etc.

What's your ethnicity?

Yeah, stick to your fucking twatters, spudbags, kikebooks and your worldstars okay? We don't need your mental midget nigger worshiping antics here on Holla Forums, especially from some underage little faggot memester such as yourself. Dumb nigger.

what
it doesn't have a sea?
it has a shoehorned president?
its shit and nobody wants to stay there?

basically "Our country isnt a drug state! Stop making us look bad!"

hi :^)

Spam? Guess there's another bot on Holla Forums or someshit, reported. Remember guys, report the autistic trash so the mods can get on getting rid of these stupid fucking bots that are just linking random replies and shit. Guess some dumb spic got upset again at Holla Forums and is taking it out on us. What a pathetic little life some kid must live if this is the low energy stunt he can pull with faggot spam bots. I bet this kid isn't even white.

Michel Ancel is the most consistantly good developer of all time.

I wish conceited autism posting was a bannable offense.

archive.is/5ljal
dont try to hide your past gayboy

So have you gotten over the size of anime asses yet? how are your wife and kids doing?

OH SHIT. ARE YOU THE GUY FROM THE SHARE AND JOJO THREADS!? HOLY FUCK AHAHHAHAAH!!!

you know its bad when youre not even a tripfag and you're being remembered for stupid shit just by the way you post

Is this the same guy?

I'm surprised you faggots haven't been calling him out before. He has all the subtlety of a sandnigger allahackbaring and the posting quality of an Indian with down's

W E W

He just came today, I don't remember another day that he did. People usually give the most reactions when he comes here.

If it was set in Mexico I would actually play it. I would spend the whole game pretending I'm on orders from Trump to remove taco

pick one.

ken Levine sold his soul after biocuck 2. elizabeths only good for rule 34.
if there was some risk to getting ammo then yeah brilliant but having someone throw resources at you is no different than auto picking ammo.

more than SJW waking up to blood money in vidya industry.
'member 5 guys?
'member vivian?

skitskin means mudslime, user

Shitskin is an umbrella term for all people of darker skin tone.

Are there any good torrents of it? Also, does the campaign only take place on the island?

Oh, hey

A while back an user linked to a download/torrent of the Signature edition of the PC port with a crack for it, but when I checked the download link it was no longer there by the time I got around to it. Anybody still have it? Or maybe i'm just retarded and it's still in the viola link or whatever and i'm just not seeing it

If you have no idea what i'm talking about, this explains it: youtube.com/watch?v=AMb0HIb1myg

Also, if you liked the game/movie, the artbook for both called World of Kong: A natural history of skull island or something like that is fantastic. I bought it years ago and it's one of my favorite book purchases. It's stylied as an ecological guide and the amount of worldbuilding that went into it all is mind blowing.

There are sadly no scans of it though past a page here and there though, so you'd have to actually buy it and it goes for like 70$-90$ or more now.

Some examples of shit from the world of kong artbook

Sega's arcade jurassic Park is actually a very good game

the shooter with light-gun

Yes, I still have it and I`l reupload when possible.Hopefully you can get past the beach, where I couldn't last time.Shit is pretty annoying, possibly a side effect of the DRM bypass?

Fuckoff

that reminds me, I fuckin loved that Star Wars Arcade game with the joystick and Hoth and shit

altho I HATED that you failed the lightsaber segments if you missed an attack even once

Really? I remember that I could play the game without having the cd inside the drive, I'm sure of that because I lent it to some of my friend back in the day, and they could also play without the cd.

Here it is, hopefully you will be able to download it before it disappears this time. go4up.com/dl/d6a507e7e8141d/KingKong-RegularEdition.7z.001

Downloading now. The crack is included?

Um.

Yes.

Whoops. Thanks.

more stuff

h-help

If you had read the thread you would know.

Not him, but I read the thread I know the fact you still need to install starforce, but how to use the crack hasn't been mentioned yet

1. install the crack by replacing the files
2. install starforce
3. reboot when asked
4. play the game
But if you're on W8 or W10 you will probably not be able to boot into Windows after you install starforce
On W7 ymmv but it might still screw your computer in other ways
tl;dr just forget about the Windows versions and play one of the other versions
If you insist on the Windows versions you're on your own.

"Your wife and her kids", I think you mean.

"{$ArchiveNmae}" is the password for the base directory, but there's a second 7zip archive inside of it that that password doesn't work for

Apologizes I`l see if I can get it to behave when I have the time to do.

However I did leave the crack readme so the files obviously copied over and I remember it working. Hopefully trying a second time (with the same "crack") will work and getting the registry setup will stop it complaining about not being installed. I am very doubtful though.

Well, I put on my big boy pants and read the thread. Apparently the game is a bitch to get running on PC (especially on Win7), so I think I'll just emulate the GCN version. I still appreciate the effort of you uploading it, so thank you for that at the very least.