/fgg/ - Fighting Game General: When a Problem Comes Along, You Must Whip It Edition

Whip has been confirmed as KoF XIV's first DLC character. She's priced at $4.99
3 or 4 New Characters teased for the game. 2 new free stages and 5 new DLC costumes were also announced. More information in March. The DLC characters are to be announced in one week.
Arcade version coming to the new NESiCAxLive2 system.
New colab with Arc System Works. Costumes from Guilty Gear and Blazblue announced for the cast. Such costumes include Helena as Millia, Momiji as Baiken, Tina as Bullet, Christie as Jack-O, etc.
During a Chinese E-Sports Twitch stream, a new character named Wagui was revealed and the title of the game changed to Yatagarasu (in Chinese): Enter the Eastward.: clips.twitch.tv/vjgamerhk/FaithfulGrouseItsBoshytime
Dr. Fate has been confirmed for Injustice 2.
The game will be released on 05/16/2017. New story trailer confirming Cyborg was released: youtube.com/watch?v=XTeb6WLGIl8
Darkseid is preorder exclusive at release. PowerGirl, Zoom and John Stewart are special skins available on some pre-order bundles.
The game will be released on June, 1st. Eliza confirmed as a preorder exclusive character.
Eddy Gordo has been confirmed to be in Tekken 7.
Tekken Revolution to cease support this month.
CPT 2017 detailed: capcomprotour.com/capcom-pro-tour-2017-details/
Kolin has been released as of Feb 28th.
New DLC update announced for arcade, console and PC.
There'll be a retail version of the game compatible with the ones who update their normal game with the DLC.
Shin Hisako has been confirmed as the new character for Killer Instinct.
Ironman, Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers), Captain America, X, Ryu and Morrigan have been confirmed for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. It won't feature assists but tag ins are available at all times. The system will revolve around choosing from one of the Infinity Gems to customize your team, each having a different effect.
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be coming to Xbox One and PC this Tuesday March 7th. It will also get a physical release for PS4 on the same day.
EVO 2017 will feature 9 games: Blazblue CF, GuiltyGear Xrd Rev2, Injustice2, KOFXIV, SFV, Melee, Smash Bros. WiiU, Tekken7 and UMvC3.
Crowdfunding for Unholy Nights to get a physical copy of the SNES fighting game by former SNK devs is up: kickstarter.com/projects/1251527936/unholy-night-snes-fighting-game-console-cartridge
The brazilian fighting game project, TRAF: Trajes Fatais also has a crowdfunding campaing: trajesfatais.com.br/catarse/
Pocket Rumble is going to be a Nintendo Switch exclusive, with Chucklefish publishing the game.

Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/33NZ7
steamcommunity.com/app/366240/reviews/?browsefilter=toprated&snr=1_5_reviews_
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=563134382
archive.is/TUbnL
archive.fo/W2Znb
youtube.com/watch?v=PHM1XEsj8h4
youtube.com/watch?v=APwm7vy3JT0
youtube.com/watch?v=iKnbwNEDYHA
clips.twitch.tv/SavagePeacefulSwordSoonerLater
clips.twitch.tv/FilthySincereDragonfruitMoreCowbell
twitter.com/NobuyukiKuroki/status/840002700838240256
twitter.com/NobuyukiKuroki/status/841415248733118464
youtube.com/watch?v=BMp7Q_y3R34
reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/5zdeyj/another_week_without_a_balance_patch_capcom_is/
capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2017/03/15/street-fighter-v-season-2-balance-update
twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/842208214041034752
nichegamer.com/2017/03/16/tekken-7-will-get-two-new-exclusive-guest-characters-from-different-franchises/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mains

Did you even read the last half of past thread? There's a new Injustice2 trailer too confirming Green Arrow and Hal (kinda, his alternate skin along with Zoom are already up for preorder) Also, where it says, there'll be new announcements every week?

But we're almost becoming a third world shithole so it's only fair we get lower prices.(EU)
We're in a third world since the 1500's and that's not helping at all.

Well, the ninjas are free in the free to play version, so you can try it yourself.

I thought someone said that the $5.99 was a fuck up on Atlus' part.

Au contraire mon ami.

That's Atlus for you.

Oh yeah, previous thread: archive.is/33NZ7

Also, I'm actually concerned that she won't have her gun in this game. Remember that back in 2000/2001 she didn't had them in the US version/setting? She actually shot through her hands She got a new Climax/SDM in place of her old unblockable Desert Eagle one. Maybe she might lose the move altogheter. Shame because it was a nice OTG even if it was a little RNG. Many characters have been streamlined since XIII.

They are asking you to spend half the price of the full game for 10% of more content.
And some people here still pretend that is not a problem.
smh.

Who is this QT 3.14? I think I might just main her.

Is Urien the only character that's good AND fun in SFV?
How would you fix SFV? no shitpost pls

Longer normals, better more damaging anti-airs, dashes nerfed all around.

At least something I'd really want.

The main problem is the skill ceiling being lowered, a lot of top level players can't really utilize their skills to the fullest.

It's not 5 characters, it's just 4. If you're gonna keep shitposting about the DLC, at least get the amount right.

SFV Remix mod

yes 4 my bad, but anyway my point on the price still stands.

And they didn't ask you to spend any money for the graphical update or the new stages, and they provided balance updates (could you imagine them doing a seasonal thing like SFV and having to deal with the hawk for the better part of a year?). I'm sure there's something else I'm forgetting since I don't follow KoF that much, but they have given a not insignificant amount of free stuff to the players.

Make poking great again.

I love how she doesn't give a shit and just pulls out a gun.

Not really when you don't know the development cost of the characters, don't know if they're gonna do a bundle and don't factor in all the free shit added to the game/all the support they give out. They release a game with a massive roster, give out a free graphics overhaul, give costumes out for free, give stages out for free, free themes, don't do a season pass and start up a sponsorship program for tournaments.

But no, apparently they get thrown into the jew category as soon as they release more characters that fans wanted far after launch and actually charge for them. If you want to bitch at them for a legitimate reason, bitch at them for still no PC port. All they're doing making the cost back from the character development and all the free shit they gave away.

Kinda sad she won't have that or those few animations where she overexerts herself.

I think DLC pricing has to do with
I want to stress that last point because never in history has any game had it's expansions/DLC reach every single owner of the vanilla version of that game, so when pricing they really have to consider how many of even the regular players are going to pay. If they don't think many people are going to pay for it even if it were $3 (factors involved are complicated, seriously) then obviously they'd have to increase the price to make sure they can break even for the development of the DLC, along with all that free stuff you mentioned.
A game can make profits on their original sales but when they create new updates, they're definitely not working for free. They need to use those profits to head the cost and then make the money back to make a further profit if they want to be effective.

It's like, basic business man.

The development cost of the characters is the same as when they developed the base game, so yes, the point still stands.
I praised them when they shipped a complete game and released the update for free, but that doesn't justify their going full jew with those prices.

We may never know all the work they put into making characters. but just sitting idly by and hoping that a fighting game isn't gonna ramp up prices for costumes and characters if we all just give them back pats is naive.

I'll add what I said in the last thread. The character is whip, wanted but not the most requested character. So she is definitely the test waters for how they do their DLC model for characters from this point on. I don't want them going full jew and then even worse down the line with later games.

Well, to be honest if they were U$5.00, I could get all of them with a single U$20.00 PSN card. Now, I'll probably get Whip and Shingo/Blue Mary along with a couple costumes. Not all that interested in Vanessa/Yamazaki. Maybe in a bundle or a sale.

Yeah, I just hope her new VA do justice to her lines like "Kiss to my toa"

Those prices are "we're giving you what you want but we can't keep throwing money away".
If it's that much of a problem contact the devs, don't buy the dlc or just wait for the PC version, all their other KoF ports were based on the arcade version which means all the DLC characters would be included. That's what happened with XIII.

I can understand complaining about pricing and based on how SNK listened to the community so far; if enough people are concerned about it they'll address it in someway. I've just got a problem with people going "IT'S OVER. SNK HAS GONE FULL SHEKELS" when they shat out one of the least anti-consumer fighting games this gen.

Is using her Desert Eagle any good? It always felt retardedly unsafe and no real point other than style to me. I'm okay with her getting the earring bombs.

The problem user, is that this is extremely anti consumer. They di plenty of things right, and we should praise them for that. But in the DLC department they done fuck up.
Looking at the costume prices, plus characters, if they do not release a cheaper pack, we have
planned at the moment more than 43 dollars in DLC! This insane! And they might try to keep using KOF XIV like KT is using DOA 5.

Yeah, they did right for some of the costumes by releasing them for free, and the graphical updates and stages are good, it's just the DLC that's a bit frustrating.

I'll be honest, my biggest complaint is the gaffe because they originally said it would be $5 to the press and Atlus had to send out a tweet saying it was more expensive. That's really what made me kinda mad and why I feel like Atlus might have had a hand in this shit. Were each character $5 as originally intended or said to be $6 without the gaffe, I'd be less offended. I'd probably be miffed that it's $6 per character but if that's the way it always was, I doubt I'd care this much.

That could be, maybe is indeed Atlus doing the jewing since apparently costumes are less expensive in Europe where Deep Silver is handling the publishing duties over here.

postan

All but two items were made way after launch and 2 (3 if you bought the game digitally) of them were released free. Releasing content (especially the purely cosmetic shit) post launch isn't anti-consumer; cutting content for DLC or planning extra content before launch is anti-consumer.

Now the fact that there is no bundle yet is anti-consumer as fuck and people need to start pressuring SNK to do that.

Hindsight's a bitch

You should have just "bought" it through the PSN webstore when it was free, that's what I did for a bunch of games temporarily gave out free dlc but didn't own.

You fool, if something is free you download it just in case you decide you want it later.

You don't even need to download it for PSN shit. You "purchase" it and it stays in your download list forever

The EX curse will never allow us play with these characters in modern games…

user, when your game is not even one year old an you already have as much dlc as the price of the game itself in some places, but it is not adding not even one fourth of the content the main game had, I call it anti consumer.
And tell me, why make something free first and paid later? I mean, why value more the consumer in October, but less in March? You could make it free, you can keep it free.
Nightmare Geese is still an exclusive to people who buy digital, so we even have this stupid way to bar content.
Arc Sys, Tecmo, Capcom, Nether and even Namco, if you count Soul Calibur IV and V, had been doing this shit for years and it is horrible. But now SNK, that we thought was different, is going through the same route as soon as they returned to the gaming market.
Their DLC is on par with Smash 4 in pricing. It is absurd!

user, it is and isn't your fault. They could have made the costume free of charge. Hell, they even priced it lower than the others, but seems like they saw the other companies and decided to go for broke. And they did fucked up recently too.
SNK did many things right in KOF XIV, but we can't be stupid and not see the bullshit.

We'll see if EU gets a different price. On DS's twitter, the character's announced but no price is mentioned.

Unless US users are getting screwed over even harder, that's not true. Just saying.

You are right, but, it sure isn't a gift either.

That's actually pricier in EU which I thought was deliberate not only because he was a pre-order bonus but also because the character gets more bells n' whistles besides the costume.
If Atlus has rubbing hands in this, I suppose that one slipped from their grasp.

Yeah, EU usually have worse prices due to conversion and fuckery. But I think the costume was more of a appetizer. And after that they whent big with Athena, Iori and so on…
You know what is funny? Remember the PS2? MK Armageddon had two costumes for every character, and the game had more than 50. and even Maximum Impact 2, that had kind of 38 characters managed to add at least three different costumes per character. Now, we need to pay for every one.

Why don't yall niggas just do martial arts?
Its like fighting games except its actually useful, social, and without autism.

we can't fight random people off the street like my baki animes and guilty marvels

Kick boxing since it's the least gay one in my local area.

You must all buy all 4 characters and give your money to snk.

But here it's actually the US that's getting screwed over.
As for Athena, I got it for free during the holidays.

Tell me about it. Just from the ones I have:
GGXX AC+: tons of game modes, EX characters (kinda miffed Xrd forsake this), every palette in the X series, all versions of previous stages, etc.
Darkstalkers Collection: every game in the series plus dip switch choices to play EVERY arcade build and assorted extras like a gallery.
SFA Anthology: same as above plus a balls-to-the-wall variation named Hyper SFA AND Pocket Fighter.
Also VF4EVO, Soulcalibur 2/3 and Tekken 5 but I think those games have always been rife with content.

I'll buy them all if there is a bundle or go on sale eventually. If not I'll wait for the PC version.

No, you have to buy them all at full price.

Nah man, they get enough of my money from all their PS2 ports on psn.

user are you me?

Guys im about to get a Bloodstation 4, should i get XV and XR rev 2 right now or wait until they release a KOF XV MEGA EDITION or something with all dlc included?

XIV won't get a re-release with all the DLC included, never happened for XIII on consoles.
XIII's pc release had the DLC characters included though because the port was based on XIII climax's arcade release, meaning if XIV's arcade release has all the characters it's PC release would be the same.

To make the ones that jump early on the game feels special. See Skullgirls DLCs and Nintendo Ambassor program. To videogames, the first few weeks are crucial. At least is not some kind of preorder culture like Nightmare Geese was. Athena'98 was literally a christmas gift. Compare to Capcom costume pack that wasn't free and was actually removed from the store in January.

You should've "bought" like me and Like when I did to Xrd-Revelator- with Dizzy and Kum, so not needing to pay U$8.00 for each one or the P4U characters that I never considered buying but the game appeared someday as a PSplus IGA. And the game is actually fun. Some kind of KOF2002 meets animefighters

It runs fine here and has actual rollback netcode that the PS4 made by CodeMystics did not implemment in any of their games. The movelist was welcomed even if it's a literal emulator running Garou.
PS3? You mean PS2 right? Because the games on the japanese PSN are PS2classic being emulated. The PC ports are actual arcade dumps with the latest update and fixed bugs. There's no other way to get 98UMFE in the west. Also, people did bitch a lot about the 3D backgrounds back then because they were not "arcade perfect"
Only the japanese versions had online. Although I miss color edit, the other stuff weren't a huge loss, they even kept the challenges and had the secret characters unlocked from the start.

And I don't know why you thought SNK would be different with DLC. The only thing they said is that they weren't planning to make any new character until after the release to see if people would like their product. And guess what was the #1 thing people asked ever since they revealed the roster?

They had one normal and one alternate costume with tons of different colors that made it look like were a different costumes like furry Mai. And then MI: Regulation A came being an arcade port JPN only that was actually playable but only had 4 colors for each costume and no story, gallery or other extras. At least they removed Armor Ralf and put Blue Mary in the game

I did Capoeira but it's not really a serious martial art. BJJ is pretty gay.

EU has a KOFXIII bundle with all the DLC at lower price with regular sales. I guess, that's Atlus for you.
So I would recommend for you to get the regular KOFXIV and buy only the characters that you really want to play waiting for a bundle later (at EU PSstore). I think the game right now has a discount of -50%~60% somewhere.

By the way, announcement of an announcement.

Jesus, you're stupid.

Not to sound like an apologist here, but would you rather have had no free window? It was an obvious nod to early adopters and series fans - they could have made most any costume, but it was specifically something likely to appeal to KoF veterans, who were also the demographic most likely to pick up the game early by virtue of brand name alone. If they had "made it free" then it likely would have been part of the base game and you'd be complaining about them not having retro costume for all the characters.

Furthermore, it's a fucking costume. You won't be at a gameplay disadvantage if you don't buy it.

Smash 4 charged you money for an app to use your 3DS as a controller without having the 3DS version of the game in it. SNK is nowhere near Nintendo's level of jewry.

If you can pick up Revelator on sale, then it's probably worth it. Most estimates about Rev 2 seem to place the upgrade DLC at about $20 (might be more expensive, fucking ArcSys, but we can't know for sure).

It seems that way until you actually do it. The whole thing is so mentally and physically exhausting you won't even be thinking about the fact your partner is pressing his junk into your face. Same with any other form of wrestling, but grappling is the most practical form of self defense since the average person can't wrestle worth a fuck.

I did Kyokushin Karate when I was a kid, now I'm doing Judo.
Also, it's not like fighting games at all, like said I can't just go fight random people in the street, in fighting games I can start fighting as soon as I pick my character.

And that's really fucked up. They can do that, of course, but it still annoying. And you talked about other games that did it, and they also fucked up because later on they released a version of their games with the characters. The message is: If you didn't get for free, don't get nothing at all because later we will release all for less. This is the kind of attitude I expect for a free to play game, not a 60 dollars product.
Seems like you are the exception: steamcommunity.com/app/366240/reviews/?browsefilter=toprated&snr=1_5_reviews_
They are the updated versions of the 360 release. The exactly same options. The 2002 UM was updated in the PS2 and I am pretty sure they could update the 98 UM too. The 3D stages were optional, and that is stupid, since people praised both 98 and 99's Dreamcast versions, and they had 3D stages. And we also lost the galleries for both games in the PC port, there was also that combo tool, it was fun to mess with it.
So what, they had online and this is ANOTHER option removed. And you forget that the PC ports usually had at least two games, sound test, galleries, color edit and bot arranged and original soundtracks. The recent KOF ports does not have the that sound option.
I didn't thought they would be different, I was waiting to see how they would act. So far, they are better than the other companies, but not by much.
WRONG
They had the original, alternate and one based in another SNK character. Three. Hell, Jivatma even changed sex.

No user, you are sheep. Tell me, if the costume was made later, as true DLC is, it will not be in the game. Tha was the case for the costumes. Now, if it was released last year, all the early adopters will enjoy it since day one. If you bought the game now, you would enjoy from now on. You are defending paid DLC that could be a free addition like the stages or the visual update. What they did was fucked upe because it was completely stupid. And if the costume is not important for the "gameplay" or not is not the point. IT is part of the game experience. The music is not important for game play. Or the scenarios, so, can they take it all away and sell as DLC too? For you I think the answer is yes.

Best part. Live Gargos nerfs are going to be fucking wild.

You started the shitpost, just by taking SFV seriously.

When will fighting games just hurry up and die already?

It is dead, now fuck off.

Thinking of getting the carbon and selling my q1 to a friend.
tired of the q1's stiff and loud stick.
it appears in reviews that the carbon fixes that problem.
anybody got a carbon and can vouch for this? a video would also be really helpful since i can't find a video that's stick audio without game audio

Why don't you make one yourself you lazy piece of shit?

FO FOOT DIVE
FOOT DIVE
I'M GOOD, AREN'T I?
FOOT DIVE

get a Q4 RAF
stop playing with these poverty sticks I remember Q4s were going for like 120 dollars this holiday season

Remember, fighting games are only dead if Street Fighter is dead :^)

woah, not everybody has the time or the money. or is confident enough in their craftsmanship skills

>>>/fighters/8441
At least try…

maybe next year when im outa college

Does anyone have the personality chart for Blazblue and MvC3?

I used to, but I got rid of all of them after realizing that Reddit would try to steal them and claim it's their OC, like with the GGXrd chart.

do vola so that they're non the wiser

New Battle Arena Toshinden WHEN?

It was cancerous, user. You could also directly upload them to leddit yourself and it'll have the same result.

Yet we let idiots drive cars.

Possibly never. Tamsfot makes the Senran games now and are making decent money from them. I hear in Estival Versus you can get costumes but I can't find screeshots of it.

Fuck. That's a shame.

Not really. SFV still only has its shitty season passes that you can't even buy the characters from the PSstore or Steam having to use the ingame store and pay real money or the grindfest money. P4U came with PSplus and you already knew ArcSys would make a new iteration of Xrd. As for KOF, like I said, we still don't know if there'll be a bundle or not. The american version of XIII never had one. And I say by experience that you should only get if you'll play that DLC just like I do to DOA5LR. I like to play with Mai but I don't care about her other costumes (they're pretty shit), so I got her alone and not the bundle. I also don't care about Naotora, so maybe in a sale at most.

Never had any audio issues in my toaster and people should know that the game actually runs at 58fps on the MVS and never at 60.

No they're not. The TTT² version runs on a modified Windows machine. CodeMystics just changed the netplay system from the NesicaLive system to Steamworks. Just look at the thrash code on the executable files. And then, they've put the 360UI on top of that with the challenges. It's much easier than to get a game in another architeture to code on a new platform making a port from a port.
And yet, they never did it. Did they even release Tougeki ver. outside Japan?
No they weren't. The PS2 versions had 3D backgrounds. The 360 had 2D ones because of the shitty Microsoft policies for Live games And fuck you for what you did to VF5FS M$
The combo tool is still there. I just don't think you can use your macro online.

The japanese versions used the KDDI MMBB network service that wasn't available outside of Japan (and deactivated in 2011). How can you remove something that didn't even exist in the first place? There wasn't an unified online service for the PS2.
Both the original games are in 98UMFE and 2002UM althought you have to use a trainer to reach the original 2002 for some reason and you shouldn't do considering vanilla 2002 is a mess in visuals/audio and broken from the gameplay perspective. There's no arranged soundtrack for 2002UM as it got a whole new one for the UM version of the game along with stages, UI and other stuff. 98UMFE has a mod to use the arranged soundtrack: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=563134382

The thing thay CodeMystics really dropped the ball was using Steamworks at release and just like USFIV, it was horrible with lobbies having horrible lag. And instead of fixing like USFIV, they simply removed the option so you only get 1vs1 lobby.

Still only a "Normal model" and one "Another model" (the Jivatma is its Another). It just happened some of the colors changed into a cameo. That's what I meant with "furry Mai". You could argue that some characters like Athena doesn't have any references to other characters. But I might've forgot some because they didn't bother with more than the regular 4 for the MI:reA release That I got for my PS3 and regularly play with my friends.

Maybe you're right. I did a little of Hung Gar Kung Fu when I was a kid/teenage but is also not all that pratical althought messing around with spears, staff, nunchaku and three-part staff was really fun.

Here. I don't really care about other people using it on websites that I don't visit.

Thanks, for what it's worth I only cared to show a friend of mine to see his thoughts. Plays Izayoi and I couldn't remember the joke.

Say no more, fam.

I made the fucking thing and I'm not that mad about it.

Actually you are getting mixed up. 3D backgrounds was the shitty Sony policy. Any game on PS2 and at the start of PS3's lifecycle required 3D to sell at full price. SNK did it on the Dreamcast with UM and Evo because they were experimenting with it (But it made the game budget higher even though they looked pretty good) but Sony forced devs to have a 3D element or else it "Wouldn't be showing the power" and any 2D game had to release at a budget price outside Japan. SNK had a huge problem with it, especially with their western publisher at the time trying to negotiate with Sony (Ignition). Ignition approached Microsoft about it who said 2D Games were completely fine for full price as long as they had online play. Which is why there were suddenly a shitload of SNK Games on the original Xbox huge because as long as SNK included netcode, Ignition could sell them at full price in the west.

XBLA was the same. No retarded "Has to be 3D Policy" and SNK released the originals instead because MS weren't forcing them. Some of the games that did have 3D like NG Battle Coleseum were on XBLA as well.

Sony was so assfuck retarded about it, they even turned down the Hyper SF2/3rd Strike Anniversary game while MS Passed it as long as it had online.

You might be getting mixed up pal

That was Sega's call, actually. VF5FS was the same on both PS3 and 360. Both VF5 versions did poorly at retail, even in Japan. Sega held off for years because they didn't want a poor console version to hold off the gazillions they were making in arcades with VF 5 but eventually they decided to do it digitally with a $15 entry but the cosmetics would make up the price of a full game once you bought both packs.

Worked out really well in the end, actually. Sega were pretty happy with the performance across both consoles.

Chill, brah.

Honestly, I like the 2D backgrounds more. Some are weird like the XI extra stages on the PS2.

And what about the stages from Virtua Fighter 5 R? What about the other costumization parts, intros and outros? And I'm only talking about stuff from the arcade version and not other subjects like Quest Mode from previous console entries.

I just hope for one day we can get the full experience be it on PC or on the latest consoles.

Why don't you just buy a new stick and pop it in? You know how to handle a god damn screw driver, don't you?

How do I kara-cancel specials and supers in 3S?

You wrote "Kikery" wrong

Very quickly.

Add Phase-4 as Mu-12 I wonder if this one will be breakable and Mila as Makoto.

Basically, what said. The timing is kind of strict. I myself still can't pull Makoto's LK->Karakusa in a real match consistently. So practice and watch videos.

Sega's plan was to eventually release it all as content packs, but the game only did well enough to merit the initial release and no more additions after that on consoles. Sega going to Sega. Especially since there were already games they were pumping content packs out like crazy like Miku and a number of games were circumventing both Sony and MS certification rules at that point.

There was a lot of dumb Sega decisions with it but the issue really was that they did not want to do a disc release because previous versions didn't do well (The original 2006 PS3 version B release was a massive bomb even in Japan because it was hugely barebones. Sega freaked at the time because that was just as bad as Sonic 06 for their bottom line and they expected monster sales for it in Japan. The 2007 ver C for 360 did only marginally better)

It's kinda sad because VF5 was way ahead of its time in how it delivered updates and changed the game up but the home sales for VF just weren't as monstrous as they were for previous installments. Even 3TB on the Dreamcast did better than VF5. I think the time for a full FS is over though and VF 6 is a better idea.

VF does deserve more respect, though. I can agree with that.

Baiken in my DoA?

VF got ruined by bad decisions..

lol
didn't MK9 last longer than this in terms of viewership before the top tiers started to dominate

fixed that for you

Don't deny a single company is exempt.

I was more commenting on how all of sega's franchises suffered thanks to poor decisions instead of just Virtua Fighter. Like for example; there is never gonna be an HD/modern port of Fighters Megamix because sega tossed all their source code out for 90 percent of their Saturn games.
Jewry in the industry today goes without saying.

The source code still exists: it's called the game disc. They don't put out an HD port of Megamix because no one would buy it to justify the cost in porting it.

That isn't how video games work.

I don't think you're qualified to post here, let alone tell people how development works

I see you don't know anything about what you're talking about, especially since sega tried that and it failed horribly.

You do fags do know that collections like the one for MGS was done pulling data off the discs and reverse engineering it for 7th gen consoles right?

I don't think you fags actually research anything, let alone how porting works.

Reverse engineering is completely different from having access to source code you fucking moron.

user. Just stop, you are embarrassing yourself.

I don't think you understand what you're talking about. Reverse engineering precisely means they didn't have the source code. Please stop posting before you stick your foot so far down your throat that it comes out your ass.

Yeah I was just more bitter at the state of fighting game jewry, and more dumbfounded by how major fucking companies can so consistently shoot themselves in the foot, like Capcom making a fighting game for casuals, but with no content for casuals. Sega's fuckups just depress me.

If you're going to use a Konami game collection to support your argument, explain how they fucked up the Silent Hill collection then.
Answer: The source code they had saved wasn't complete and they could only recover scraps from game discs you fucking mong

COMIC SANS

I like how you believe Todd Hewitt's lies. They used incomplete source code because they were retards that wanted to put their mark on the Silent Hill games as if Hewitt was some creative director, instead of presenting the games as they were. They could've pulled the data off the PC or PS2 discs but Todd's studios were retarded control freaks.

What ever the term the proper term is, this is truth: Bluepoint Games took the code from the fucking discs and made them playable on modern systems.

archive.is/TUbnL

If Blue can rip assets from a retail disc from the PS2 era, Sega can do the same for a Saturn disc or better yet, an arcade board.

I suggest you niggers don't embarrass yourselves any further.

How are you even on a computer if you don't even understand consoles
That's why the model 2 HD ports happened, sega had the source codes for the arcade versions. Which is why there is no Fighters Megamox port despite it being the second most requested game in japan after virtua on.

ftfy

Todd Hewitt is cancer, i still wonder why konami let this inept retard direct the silent hill series.

How are you even posting in English when you can't even read what I posted you dumb fucking nigger?

Because it's easy to dig through your archives of shit instead of ripping assets for a game disc and configure them to work on modern systems. Sega's too lazy to do what Blue does.

Just reading this they read code from the disks then have to reverse engineer things and rely on the devs to supply some amount of higher resolution assets. This process is still more complicated than working with the Source Code which as they mentioned also has it's own hurdles. But I don't know enough about the process to tell which one is quicker or more efficient.

You still are just using a handful of positive examples to try and handwave a problem that has existed in computing for decades. Porting any program or software is best handled by having access to the source code. Porting from encapsulated code and binaries is a different process than working with the source.

That doesn't mean taking code from a retail disc isn't impossible, which was my point. I'm sick of niggers spouting le source code may may and using the worst example of a collection that shitty because of its incompetence of one person's team.

**is impossible

In you say
which is not remotely the same thing as

Nobody is disagreeing though. But there is a difference between game disk code and source code. And it's a fact that source code gives the most benefits since it gives complete access to everything within the game. A problem with using encapsulated code is that your relying on an interpreter/emulator to tell you what the game is doing and then trying to map that into code you can reproduce and work with. There's more but again, I don't do this for a living and my knowledge is basically limited to some articles on the subject.

What's the reason for another version of SF2 on the Switch?

Just stop

Most of the work was already done and they might as well port SF2 to yet another system for whatever reason.

From Ono's own ass, it summarises to
But really we know that it's just easy to do and Ono is being dumb.
If they wanted to look like they put in effort they should have redrawn the frames into a good style and added a character that isn't reused sprites.

>go togamestop to pick up some fighting games
what did he mean by this

Game store chains don't like hiring people who play games because they're more likely to steal or something.

Well they are all anime games so he was close

HDRemix graphics show how dated the SF2 animation is…
Throw break and Evil Ryu/Ken was necessary to remake SF2? I bet uSF2 will not get to another console like TvC.

Also what's the point of Vega in SFV?

Probably to have all four of the Shadaloo Kings. Why, did you think Vega was a pointless addition to V?

How many costumes are there in DOA?

I don't see Sagat.

SFV Vega fails as a agile & fast long-range poker. Not my claw!

Sagat left Shadaloo after the Alpha series. Now we have F.A.N.G taking his place.

Is it sad that I forgot he was in the game?

"F.A.N.G still isnt in this game" - Chris G 2017

But wasn't Alpha a prequel? Then what as he doing in SF2?

Sagat being part of Shadaloo was retconned, IIRC. You're better off not following SF lore, as there's retcons up the ass now.

huh
never noticed I had a pattern in mains selecting before.

I don't know the amount but I hear the total cost is around a grand.
hope you or anyone is not OCD about needing to have 100% of a game's added content to anyone planing to ever get it.

I always thought that SFAlpha was set after SF2. In the Alpha endings, he was part of Shadaloo but decided to break it off by Alpha3
Ok… I have no explanation for that

He has a statue recogising him as a heavenly king in V

Will Soul Calibur ever have a new game?

Hundreds. I wouldn't be surprised if there's over a thousand now. I torrented the PC version together with all the DLCs back when Mai was relatively new, but me and my friends got bored of the game quite quickly so I don't know how many more costumes they've added, but I do remember that each female character had an enormous amount of costumes. Even male characters had many more costumes to pick from compared to your average fighting game.

Alpha1 is isnt canon and got replaced with alpha 2.

SFV tournament was boring…

Note that this was in November, although I don't know if they're still adding new costumes besides these collabs. IIRC, there are so many costumes that they don't support the PS3 anymore since it can't browse past 1000 or so entries

Never. Enjoy your Tekken forever.

Was it too hard to make SF Alpha be after 2? None of this after 1 but before 2 timeline nonsense..

SFV is kind of boring in general. Spent an hour or two in GG after a long hiatus and remembered how fun fighting games can be.

FR has been really shit though. It's just as bad organization as last year even with way less people. SF V is only 450 entrants when including walk ups and it's still an absolute slog to get through between the game being somehow even worse with S2 changes and setup. MK X was bad as well even though it's been a better game.

FR was already known as probably the worst major. Maybe it's started sucking the life out of players.

Capcom fucked up so hard on their own cannon that the original Story mode preview build they sent out to press ended with FANG killing Kolin by turning her into a puddle of goo. Problem being, V takes place before III and Kolin is still alive as Gill's secretary in SF III. So they had to delete a few of the cutscenes because they fucked up.

It's amazing how you find new ways to know that game is a fucking disaster even when it's being updated

FANG killed Kolin?
Ouch

So is Street Fighter V better now since Colon's release? Or is it still just as shit?

Name change intentional.

still shit, kolin is yet another setup character like Laura, Mika and Urien but worse because she can't punch further than 1 foot.

Destroying the source code and not looking back was an actual thing in the 90's japanese vidya industry tho.

They did it because back then it was expensive to archive their old games while making new ones, which is why Nintendo's virtual console stuff has Coolrom mentioned inside of it somewhere.

It's why the story mode is super awkwardly placed and it feels like there's a shit ton cut out because they realized they fucked up after fans pointed it out. Plus the scene was really violent for SF and might have bumped them to an M-Rating as well.

But that's SF V development in a nutshell. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and makes insane mistakes because everything is outsourced. Apparently MvC Infinite is being done completely in house to avoid the outsourcing nightmare SF V was (Eighting is not even involved this time).

How do you screw up so much on nearly every level of one your most popular franchise? So instead of Kolin it was just some insider shmuck friend of Rashid's that probably would've been a candidate for a character if they had a model.

You surprised? Last year's EVO for SFV was boring, even grand finals. The lack of longer combos and higher emphasis on offense just doesn't make it fun to watch.

I mean I even like Infiltration, but this shit has nothing on his 2012 Grand Finals, or the ones for 2013 and 2015. SF4 was just way bettwr to view imo.

Best part about SFV at EVO last year was seeing all the hate comments on twitter about top 8 being on ESPN2.

Honestly don't know if it'd be worse to have to sit through a game of niggerball or through a Shit Fighter V torunament.

It's because sagat would be busted as all fuck in sfv. Think about what wins you a sfv game, sagat would carry you through that like he's done in the past. Ono at one point said not putting sagat in sfv was about "dissociating it from campy SF4"

All is right.

They are right though, video games are not a sport, no matter how much those "pro player" niggers are going to stomp their feet on the ground and cry.
Some retards had even the nerve to call fucking chess a sport.
what's next one, sitting on the couch while eating junk food?
pathetic.
I bet jews are behind this shit as well.

CAPCOMFIGHTERS = NOBODY GIVES A SHIT
When did fighting games become a joke?

Wait, V takes place before III? This is just getting confusing

Is Jet Li a retard?

archive.fo/W2Znb

The timeline goes: 1, Alpha 2, Alpha 3, II, IV, V, III: Second Impact, III: Third Strike, IIRC. Alpha 1 and New Generation are just inferior versions of Alpha 2 and Second Impact, and have the same story and characters.

Great martial artists, but yes.
The fact that is famous doesn't make him right.

But Chess is a sport, just one that is regarded as having different requirements. This is an olympic recognized sporting event now and if I can accept that two people sitting at a table playing with wooden pieces is a sport. Why shouldn't I consider fighting games a sport.

Mental sports exist and I'm fine with this.

Chess is, and Always have been, a game.
Doesn't matter if some retard now wants to "officially" (as if that changes anything) consider it a sport to feel like they are accomplishing more than they really are.
LMAO

Football is, and Always have been, a game.
Soccer is, and Always have been, a game.
Baseball is, and Always have been, a game.
etc
etc
etc

All Sports are games what is your point?

lol

Definition of Sport:
An ATHLETIC ACTIVITY involving PHYSICAL EXERTION and SKILL in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Oh, and Football, Soccer, Rugby and Baseball while being sports are ALSO games.
If you consider chess a sport, you should also consider playing "monopoly" and "connect four" sports as well.
And putting those two in the olympics wouldn't change a thing.
KEK

Sport: An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Exertion: 1) Physical or mental effort.
2) The application of a force, influence, or quality.

So the act of picking up a piece on a chess board qualifies as exertion. So does the act of stategizing your move. The same is true of manipulating a character via a controller. Now moving a chess piece is significantly less exertion than being a quarterback but it's still an act of exertion.

And Chess while being a sport is ALSO a game.

I see no conflict there, they can be sports as much as I'm willing to permit Golf and Chess to be sports. Now do I have to respect them as sporting events? No, But I don't care about football at all and think it's a massive waste of time so again, I see no conflict. You don't have to like that the FGC is moving into the e-sports (the e signifying electronic if you didn't know) community that's fine. But you are acting like e-sports or sports like Chess are ruining your own sports.

You can't convince nerds wanting to emphasize themselves and jews wanting that esports money out of them that games and vgs aren't sport.

anything is a sport as long as there's salt

I always hated that vietcong piece of shit

climbing the mirrors aren't we?
no definition mentions that
LMAO

"it's still an act of exertion"
At this point you are going to argue that: taking the bus, doing homeworks, tying your shoes, taking a crap, watching tv are all "sports"
Thanks for the good laugh though
So it's confirmed:
"monopoly" and "connect four" are now a sport.
If i tell you that your bike is not car, it's not because i think your bike is ruining my car, it's simply because it isn't.

Yeah i guess you are right.
As i said, they are climbing the mirrors to justify their laziness and feel like they are accomplishing more than they really are.
(pic related is a typical athlete)

Poker is not a sport, chess is not a sport, and video games are not a sport. This doesn't make them illegitimate competitions. Stop trying to hide your insecurities by calling your hobby a sport. Just play/watch fighting games because it's fun to do so.

That's not my point so what is yours? If you were trying to imply that only Physical exertion is important in determining a sport you would be wrong because neither definition supports this.

No because like you posted in the definition that both you and I are using.

So unless you apply this other component to tying your shoes or doing homework they are not sports.

If they meet the definition why not?

But what it looks like you're saying is that a bike and car are both not vehicles.

This user gets it.
See?
It's just as simple as that

This is not an expression in English. Why are you arguing semantics of the English language if you can't even speak it?
I will never accept a definition of an English word from someone who obviously doesn't speak or write it at a fifth-grade level. You sound like some underage BR. Kill yourself.

your next reply will be
LMAO why so insecurd bud :^)
I really don't give a shit one way or the other. Esports are cancer, but there's nothing wrong with somebody wanting to take a video game seriously, and there's nothing wrong with organizations or people wanting to sponsor players. It's the implementation of the idea, not the idea itself. I don't think you'd appreciate it if the best fighting game players were Some Guy from your weekly and That Dude from two towns over because nobody ever had any goal except beating the guy next to him.

I think the influx of money and tournament support esports gives the FGC is helpful to maintain a wide interest and showcase what high-level play looks like to newer players. Of course, I'm a huge newfag so I could be wrong about that.

Shitty argumentation, since your definition is overly vague. There may not be much difference between a sport and a game when defining by the letter, but each word has different connotations. These connotations are important, because they make any language into more than the sum of its parts: without them we may as well use newspeak. Sport implies physical exertion, period. I have no problem respecting pro gamers or chess grandmasters as competitors - which is one reason I like the classification of mental sports as separate ecosystems - but none of what they do is a regular old sport in the traditional sense.

The word "game" inherently implies something less serious than the word sport, and you'd have to be illiterate to think otherwise. You wouldn't call a professional weightlifter a gamer, even though weightlifting fits all the criteria for a sport, and you seem to be blurring the line between the definition of a sport and a game.

Shitty argumentation, since your definition is overly vague
Not really since I haven't supplied anything but the stated definition. If it meets the criteria it's a sport. You can make barrel wheel racing a sport just like you can make Nascar, Chess, Horseracing, Connect Four, Twister, into a sport once you stop treating it as a game and start really applying a competitive lense to it.

Fun facts, connotations can change. So can denotations but that's not what you are talking about. What you are arguing is that by definition, things that can be considered sports shouldn't be considered sports because the connotation (secondary) definition doesn't adhere to these things. This is a bad argument because it means words don't mean what they should. And things that that word can apply to don't.

Like I said above, I think football is just a game and a waste of time. It's childish but I don't let that stop me from accepting that by definition and by cultural understanding that it's a sport. Now we look at less physically demanding venture and I get that peoples connotation and notion of sports must include a heavy physical component, but that's your limitation not mine. I see no problem accepting sports and fighting games as sports, just not the same kind of sport as "traditional sports"

There you have it. Right here is your solution. They are mental sports and Sportsball is just physical sports. Both require mind/body but in different ratios. Simple solution and nobody has to feel like their traditional sports are being sullied; but at the end of they day they are still considered sports and I don't know why so many people have such a cognitive dissonance accepting that.

What I see here is this. It's a fact that board games like Chess, Go, Shogi, strategy games, etc have had competitive scenes for centuries. And by competitive I mean they have had the equivalent of nationals, regionals, international competitions or similar they draw in large crowds and interest as well as high-level competitors. The same is true of any physical sport. All I can notice from my lifetime is that people aren't used to considering mental sports as just as valid entries to the word "sport" as physical ones. But I've been in Marching Band competitions and had people say it's not really a sport for arbitrary reasons. And at the end of the day once you stop just performing for pleasure and start comparing metrics and introducing scoring methods and judging you stop being a simple activity and start becoming a sport.

This is true for, and can apply to anything.

You sure are one dumb motherfucker.
That definition was word by word straight from an english dictionary, and regarding my english, i am not a native speaker you dense motherfucker, go fellate a gun and pull the trigger faggot.

The term "e-sports" was always a mistake, a desperate attempt at some sort of validation or credibility from the outside (mixed with some marketing), but instead brought the hobby far more trouble and backlash since the general accepted definition of sports is strictly more physical exertion (and even then, look how much shit Golf get's since so many don't consider it a sport). While there will always be sperging from competitive play, using the term "competition" or similar would have far sufficed then what we got. it's a shame we are stuck with the shitty e-sports term seemingly forever.

So did anyone actually watch anything at Final Round XX? GF for SFV was Fuudo vs Xian. Xian won GF with Ibuki. Also there wasn't a single Urien in top 32.

I can agree with that.

you are wrong about everything and no, you are not a newfag, just a fag.

Watched some Revelator, pretty hyped to practice some more of that now.

Xians Ibuki was hype, honestly the highlight of the tourney, shame there arent fucking decent F.A.N.G players anymore

Doesn't help that F.A.N.G is considered unplayable now. Are there any fighting game tiers that have characters that are deemed unplayable? By unplayable, I mean not just bottom tier, but has zero chance of making a comeback. I remember reading that Robo Ky was considered unplayable in XX Slash.

it's actually sad how fucked he is, He's such a cool looking character too, hopefully they fix him in the next update.

10/10 would hunt with.

It could've been a great KOF team, now that I'm thinking about it.
Or Ibuki, Makoto, Elena, the Fighting School Girls.

Asking Holla Forums to get out of litterally Holla Forumschan, but damn, you are a retard.
Thanks to you, now, I know that Arching is not a sport. Curling is not a sport. Snooker pool is not a sport. Truth is bright.

I blame poker becoming so popular among normalfags sometime around the mid-2000s. When ESPN ran out of EXTREME sports to market and the public lost interest they started filling the gaps with stuff like pool and dart tournaments. From there is just devolved until they struck gold with Texas hold 'em poker. They started marketing these new sports based on the idea that anyone could make it big if they picked it up.

They've attempted to do the same thing with video games and been successful with stuff like CoD and LoL. All one has to do is look at those games to see what direction ESPN would like the FGC to go in.

I think the last one is a major point. Unlike a traditional sport most that watch seem to take part in the game. There isn't the limitations of only begin able to play at a high level for a short period of time either. No one is buying footballs for themselves after their mid-20s/early 30s.

When you compare games that had an active scene before e-sports were a thing to games that didn't you see a clear divide. Quake tournaments are run a lot different than CoD tournaments. The FGC is similar to Quake in that respect although it's quickly selling out for the money. Hopefully the appeal with normalfags will wear off and we can go back to having fun soon.

CUMBIA CUMBIA NENA!

not everything is a sport…
Competitive game isn't a good enough term?

"competitive game" doesn't allow marketers to pigeon hole new content into an old network. You call it a sport and you can show it on ESPN. They figure the same faggots that'll watch other people play traditional sports is the same faggot that'll watch other people doing anything. They aren't far off the mark either. They're good at bringing a normalfag crowd to something new/underground the problem is they ruin it within a few years. Once they suck it dry and all the normalfags move on they do to like a vampire. This is why everything eventually becomes shit. It's our turn.

ESPN called poker and hot dog eating a sport. Street Fighter is a lot closer to a traditional sport than those things.

This is the term I already use.
Competitive Video Games. If the term was more used, I could reduce it to CVG.

Yeah, in Tekken 7 you've got Lucky Chloe and Gigas who are both considered so shit that you shouldn't even bother.

An airhead cosplayer and an Omega Red copycat are considered unplayable tier…
What has TEKKEN done?!?

Are you telling me these aren't athletes?

Is this guy an athlete? I mean, the only job he has to do is throwing a heavy iron sphere.

What about water sports?

True.

Sure is the boogeyman's fault for kikes everywhere pushing the e-Sports™ meme for idiotic events.

I really hope they can at least launch it. At least it could be a weird little game to play from time to time.

If there's speculation, there's jews.
Always.
You are the retard for failing to realize this.
drink some bleach and free us from your stupidity.
sage for off topic

Oh, hey, it's that fighting game with really interesting and unique mechanics.

You made it obvious that you stopped watching when they changed the buttons.

No, I kept watching, and I even kept watching when they switched out the really cool health system they had for the Killer Instinct/Injustice double health bar/round system those games use.

Well first of all, Darkstalkers did that first. Second, you're ignoring how the meter system works completely different from every mainstream fighter out right now. Also, their previous health system was more or less a minor variation from what it has now, just with 5 bars instead of 2, and in this new health system, your meter substitutes your health (rather than replacing or regenerating like Jason in MKX) if the opponent doesn't kill you with a super, which is much more unique.

I watched Tekken, Marvel, and a bit of BlazBlue. Watching Spero Gin eliminate Saint in Tekken was great. Marvel's top 8 was pretty nice too.

What other characters in KoF XIV have guard points besides Maxima and King of Dinosaurs?
I want to see what my options are since I'm finally starting to get them down with Maxima

Damn, the thread did take a turn while I was out.

Well, they already have the PS3 version of 5FS running on the PS4 in Yakuza6. Let's hope for the best.

Only KOFXIV, I think. I don't know if it was FR, but I did watch a tournament friday or saturday. Twitch really sucks here I usually watch the archives uploaded on youtube.

While I agree the game lost some of its "uniqueness", I didn't like the old health bar and one-button thing. I'm hopeful for the game but I tink the game will have lower damage than average or at least than older games. The super and hyper costing only 1/4 or half of the meter will make them less "special" and mode like EX moves in Street Fighter.

Last 3.

Kyo, King, Kensou from the top of my head:
youtube.com/watch?v=PHM1XEsj8h4
youtube.com/watch?v=APwm7vy3JT0

By the way,
youtube.com/watch?v=iKnbwNEDYHA

is too hard to get that game in a third world country?

F2p version is… free.
Marie Rose cost U$4.99 (in the f2p version)
That costume will probablu cost U$2.99

In Brazil, the disc version(that contains Marie Rose) of PS4 cost like R$40~50,00. That's like U$13~15.00. It's probably like that around the world.

Chess is played by kings and generals.
Sports are played by niggers, who also enjoy dogfighting and date rape.
I think I'll take the former over the latter.

Saw this little gem in pools at Final Round for GGXrdR. Don't have webm magic so a clip is the best I have.

clips.twitch.tv/SavagePeacefulSwordSoonerLater

Isn't shotgun stance getting nerfed in Rev2? thank fuck

Some uncharged shots cause more pushback, but other than that nope.

That seems pretty big though, as in, it'll make shotgun pressure a whole lot easier to escape.

Paramedic? Is that you??

Yes, now come dear.
Will we get new info on characters this week or only after Whip is released next month?

Top 8 was a good time. Twitch clip cause no webm tools on this craptop.

clips.twitch.tv/FilthySincereDragonfruitMoreCowbell

Sounds like support's gonna come for a while anyway. Hisako's voice actress Who was Cute! CUTE! also dropped a soft sequel hint after the Shin Hisako reveal saying "it wasn't the end for Hisako" and the producers were laughing awkwardly in the background. Maybe we're getting a sequel? (Especially since IG have been kinda complaining a lot lately that they want the company to be on Unreal 4)

Keits said during Saucy Suite (which was also pretty great, Domi won an FT10 10-9 against a good Thunder) that Aganos would have been better against Tusk and Wulf but RAAM was also good against them anyway.

I do hope it gets a sequel, the game does feel like it's been strangled by Double Helix's worse decisions with the game like using their bloated messy engine with subpar graphics. I hope it's not W10 store exclusive again though.

The only reason I don't jump on KI which looks like an amazing game is that I won't shell out for an Xbone or force myself to install a subpar operating system. I pray that Microsoft stops trying to force people to use their shitty OS but I already know that they won't.

Screaming "KIKES" everytime you don't like something is still ridiculous. eSports or not.

This feels like all the stuff I wanted out of the Skullgirls IGG that never happened because people have shit taste. I hope this makes it through.

This reveal was terrible…
But the character might not be, I guess.

Keep away and his flames changes propreties with his special.
Why not? But on all of DC characters, I don't think Firestorm was a very good choice.

Is there a reason why Holla Forums doesn't make fun of the Wave Dash games dev team. 3 of them are known gay, and they all come from smash while M3D worked at bioware and was the "creative director" at EA. Smells like a boiling fine mess of a stew.

not to mention joining in on the uncreative art style design choice of recycling moba characters.

Why we should? This is a fighting game thread.

If the sjws weren't trying to ruin the fgc, then it would work.

You'd think a pro wrestler studying for a PhD who plays video games on the side would be less cancerous.

If they ever fucking made anything, I'm sure we would. They've existed for, what, coming up on two years now? And nothing but concept art.

The FGC is already ruined by alt-right faggotry.

They have a playable engine. They don't show anything else than concept art, to "maintain the hype" and easily ask money when they'll open their crowdfunding campagn.

Mmm.

Well, duh. They doesn't have anything to make a good prototype or a good vertical slice. You want them to show grey textures everywhere? It's the best way for them to kill their projects.
They did the only thing they could. If they were under a big publisher, they could work silently, without any com. They don't have it, so they do that.
And seriously, what's the matter. It'll be Maylay HD. Who gives a fuck?

some of the smash scene has played it and I've heard from 2 players that it's shit. this was like 2 years ago

You think the game couldn't change in 2 years? And if your friend is a Melee player, he'll hate to bones the WD project, just like tons of Melee players hated Project M and Rivals.

don't need to because the smash scene itself will be the death of them
The large majority of the smash competitive community only really play it for the characters, so very often are the games that try to copy it very niche or attract a different group completely.

wait till Wednesday since that was when whip was revealed. I hope they aren't too spread apart, I really want them all out before EVO so they can do a balance patch before hand.

Who knew SFV Ibuki was so good? Show of hands pls

They said the ultimates and stages are a pain to do because they are using an engine that belongs to Amazon and is not being updated anymore (DH's new game runs on the Cryengine fork they made) so they can't revise it anyway and I know Adam Boyes recently said they ideally want to move to a one engine company because that is where the industry is headed even though they used to be the "Engine company".

I think it's going to be a sequel. Even with the negativity around the platform choices. It's been a huge hit for such a low budget game. It would make sense to dump the old engine. But then the reason some sequel talk came about is because Keits was breaking down MvCi and explaining that UE4's import tools are really good and you can bring in animations from games made years back because of how flexible it is with Maya (Which is why Morrigan has her Tatsucap animations despite them being nearly a decade old) and said they could do the same with KI if they had the budget to re-build it.

I think it would be a no brainer for a sequel. People like it and MS are likely relaunching the Xbox brand with Scorpio so there wouldn't be as much "Taint" on KI as the current version has if it gets a sequel that IG can build ground up.

The Japs have had her as top tier for season 2, she wasn't that great in season 1.

Did you watch Guilty at FFXX, user?

FR20*

Haha

People are so desperate, they need to meme on very bad UI.

Senpai noticed the huehues
twitter.com/NobuyukiKuroki/status/840002700838240256
twitter.com/NobuyukiKuroki/status/841415248733118464

I'm not sure I understand the joke.

youtube.com/watch?v=BMp7Q_y3R34

To be honest, I kind of know on of the three main developers from the game. He is an insane fan of KOF. So, at least, he does have a good inspiration.
He used to really creat characters for Mugen, in fact, the character you posted kind of is his most famous mugen character, but completely different now.

Damn, those people are not having any fun. E-sports is really a big mistake.

Money ruins everything. Kikes should be gazed, amirite?
Free wallpaper.

Then Kikes that always promote this shit tier crap are ridiculous and you should be ashamed.

I swear to god, this place is more cancerous than Twitter and Reddit combined.

The fgc was ruined way before the alt side popped up (being shut-ins over shitty fighters, being autists over 3rd Strike, CvS2, and MvC2, Allowing the Smash players in their tourneys like Rapefugees, not encouraging people to get into the scene until esports jewry popped up, DSP, Niggers and manchildren like Aris make the scene look like shit, etc).

What is the comfiest fightan story path and why is it slayer's +R routes

Twitter and Reddit are still waiting for you to rejoin them, my friend.

Mokujin's story in Tekken 5 is comfier, especially the interlude to the fight against Roger Jr.

Why bother talking about it? It's just going to gain a cult following, then die a few months after release, and that's if these talentless hacks can even finish the fucking thing.

Well, they have character designs, like Not Zarya. I mean, Green Not Zarya. Sorry, I wanted to say OC that really don't look like any Blizzard character.
Female Grapplers are so rare and yet these retards manage to make this?
They could at least copied Angela or Ivonskaya, but these people probably don't even know who they are.

King of Fighters is really popular on Brazil because it was in most old time arcades. The mugen scene in Brazil is also huge, a lot of the best creators are brazilian, but I'm actually impressed with the pixel art quality in these:

They said Brazil will have a period of morning if they see a KoF game with Iori being a shit-tier character.

I think they have that every day before noon, user.

Which game caused it?

I want a KoF game where Iori is shit tier and Miss X is a secret character who is top tier

It's spelled "mourning," user.

Guilty Gear. Daisuke Ishiwatari said "once a day, after night and before noon, there shalt be morning in the land of huehue", and His word came true.

Either stop being so tsun tsun for the general or fuck off Chaf, you stupid frog.

I'm not sorry if misspelling mourning triggered you.

Amen, brothel.
But, you know what, this is something I would like to see: How Our lawd and savor, Daisuke Ishiwatari, would make a huelander character. We know GG design is more connected to pop themes and music, which makes the idea even more interesting.

So with the console release of Tekken 7 coming in 2.5 months, what does the game have to do to not only be a decent 3D fighter in an era where 3D fighters are dead, but also maintain a community? embed kinda related, it's tekken and I remember this being some user's team in tag 1.

You're pretty fucked unless you put the effort into keeping a scene alive. You have to make people like Tekken and other 3d fighters. Even then, if Bamco half-asses 7's release like Harada and Murray half-assed hype after the Vanilla and FR arcade versions were done, the game's going to be pretty dead. Sadly, 7 contradictys Harada's promise to get new players, as new players still have to learn the frame and complex bullshit even the Tekken community keeps to itself (so guys like Aris won't lose their weed money).

No.

Fuck no, I want a women brothel. Can't you faggots do anything right?

There has been mornings here ever since before KOFXI anons.

They're not even joke-tier characters. Anything below Kyo, you're just playing because you really like that character and don't care about winning the match.
Fuck floaty Athena and not being able to cancel the shitty SCB they came up in 2003/XI

KoF XI looks like a fun KoF game. Isn't there netplay for PS2 fighting games? It would be fun to play CvS 2, Tekken Tag 1, Marvel 2, and KoF XI online. If there is, is it possible to configure a keyboard for netplay?

My right button on D-pad got stuck, is there any way I can fix this without buying a new one? I bought this gamepad more than ten years ago I think so I know I should probably buy a new one, but still I'd rather not waste money

By stuck I don't mean the button is stuck in place, I can press them, just that in game it keeps pressing right. The up and down buttons feel fine, but pressing left and right buttons feel kind of rubbery. I wish I could explain better but I don't have a camera or something to take pics of it and don't really know what else I should say

It's called a joke. You would know if you played SFV reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/5zdeyj/another_week_without_a_balance_patch_capcom_is/ >>12129353

If it got naturally fucked due to overuse, well you're fucked. That's what most likely happened seeing as it's 10 years old. If you're lucky and your ancient gamepad only had something slip inside, then you can open your pad up and put it back into place.

KoF XI was fun and had such a weird but goof roster, but the balance was easily one of the worst in the series.

I tried to open it with a screwdriver but it didn't work, even though I'm completely sure I used the right kind of screwdriver for it. I guess with years its screws got rusted or whatever too. I'll play with keyboard now I guess, I hope it's not banned in locals

Depends, some locals ban them, some don't in my experience.

IV stars out of five

Gen he do it?

One per week indeed. I hope we get a bundle announcement at end of the last reveal.

SHINGO
SHINGO
SHINGO
SHINGO
SHINGO

C'mon, SNK. Snake tame my woes away.

If that Whip is anything to go by, it looks like the silhouettes are of in-game frames. Whip's is the end of the whip toss special, if that's Yamazaki then it's the snake tamer charge and I'm starting to think the one in the front is Vanessa doing a duck n' weave.
Still no clue on the one standing up right; might really be Shroom.

Really.

Holy shit hurry up and get on PC already. So what's next, Vanessa and whatever everyone was guessing for that last person?

why is kazuma kiryu hitting axl low with a fish

I wonder what if the next two characters aren't blue mary, or vanessa. Every new DLC character wasn't shown in a cutscene during a team ending (unless i'm mistaken) and for the womens ending, both of them were there.

I really hope that they have all the content on PC in full and wait until after they have all the costumes and DLC

Whip was in both the Ikari Team ending and the K Team ending

Vanessa confirmed?

dik status: DIAMONDS

I can now say I have a team.

I'm honestly beginning to think that figure is Vanessa ducking 'n weaving. Either that or a cowering Shingo.

Pls Blue Mary next

Rewatching the trailer (as someone who's been bingin' on Yakuza games, this is extra sweet), it looks like his move set is:
snake tamer
sand kick (2 versions)
head butt command grab
counter (wonder if it's still universal?)
projectile reflect
hand stab (now a super)
super grab (does he finish the attack with the prop slam? and does that vary on how much you mash?)
2002 UM ultimate (Climax? seems to implement the guillotine's finale)

If this is all, it seems he lost the knife rush and the anti-air super. Then again, between all playable incarnations, he's had tons of different specials.

I'm 90% sure pic related will be the outcome

Im 100% sure im okay with this.

Fucking finally

Well, you are.

Oh boy, those were the times…

Someday, Blue Mary and Shermie will be back. But I'm fine with Shingo and Whip

One thing that sucks about him is that since KoF XIV doesn't have taunts so I won't be able to spam his taunts when my opponent is dizzy like the old days

Kind of weird that they got rid of the knife since other character in the game uses a blade

Or it's Vanessa and Mary. Don't think so though.
Would prefer it since I'm not much of a Shingo fan but I know a lot of people like him, I got my fave already and there's no way any of the others is Kasumi or Shermie so it's fine by me if they add him.

Well, mein FĂĽhrer, you can always just do the counter since the animation is kind of a taunt. Heck! They even show that in the trailer with a dizzy Antonov.

They probably thought he's got too many tools already.
But this makes their old talk of Yamazaki having to be heavily changed because his play style didn't fit the faster pace sound like total bullshit.

how will he ever recover

But his counter is literally a taunt. It's like the only character that can do this. Or maybe, Sylvie's everything

He might have more moves. They didn't show Whip's feints, variations of the her long range "grab" other than the stomp, her gun I'm afraid that move is gone because of China, air travel or teleport with the whip. And I hope she has at least half of those moves.

Pachinko.

It is a bit weird. These DLC characters don't seem to have reworked designs like the rest of the roster. It seems like they didn't had time to rethink them. And where are the gloves?

Considering they're all old characters appealing for nostalgia, it's better that way. If they go with Shingo they even have his body made with Classic Kyo. It's just a matter of tweak his moveset for the game.

The DLCs are not "Hey, look at this new shiny thing, do you want it?" and more "Hey, you didn't shut up and asked for these guys, so here, grab them"

Probably gonna switch to Ibuki.

Now that you mention it…
I hope Whip didn't lose her Spiderman kick just for it to be a part of her Climax.

It's possible they didn't want to risk ruffling feathers with a redesign that could be disliked. As >>12138944 says, they're all about pandering to nostalgia so staying that way is probably for the best.
Incidentally, taking some quick glances around, Yamazaki's getting a almost unanimously positive reception.

What does China have to do with getting rid of the gun super anyway?

Also somewhat related, but I'm getting back into playing ST again and I wanna know the essentials to playing Dictator, as he and Chun Li were my two favorite characters last time I played ST.

That's true, I just wish they didn't gut taunting still. Just imagine how annoyingly amazing Sylvie's would have been or how macho Antonov's would have been

So what's the big stink going on for SFV's latest patch? I saw some people bitching about it on twitter while waiting for Yamazaki but didn't pay attention.

I believe the stink is the lack of patch. Apparently Capcom promised a patch (contents unknown, as far as I can tell) by "early March" and has yet to deliver.

Bandaid fixes that do nothing, already shitty characters getting nerfed even more while certain good characters receive more buffs, and so on and so forth. Typical Capcom assfuckery as usual, and after a week of bitching everyone will go back to playing the game anyway because muh leading FGC game.

China has serious legislations for games. Consoles weren't even sold there until like two(?) years ago.
I was talking about her OTG gun special For KOFXIV, even some characters had their designs changed because of censorship. Diabla Angel costume probably won't even be released there. And one thing is changing a little texture here and there in the model, Another is changing an entire move or making it look goofy (invisible gun?). So it'll be easier to just come up with something new like that
earring super.

I didn't read the patch notes but found funny of Capcom announcing that the patch will only be released at the end of the next month, so people already know and will play with "obsolete stuff" for this whole time.

huh

I'd rather have a Kyo clone. Or better yet, another Garou.

I would too, but I ain't gonna deny that the feet match up pretty well. Honestly I don't get all the love Rock gets.

Some friend sent me the Extra credits video on fighting games, and I know im late on this, but holy shit that was bad, he has no understanding of fighting games, or what make them fun. After that, I decided to watch another one of their videos, the video on harrasment, they talked about the cross assault debacle, and I never saw anything wrong on it, so I went back and watched it again. Once again, people are pussies who have no understanding of the fgc and just want to white knight or call people sexist. Why can't normalfags just leave my hobbies alone, just let us talk shit and have fun.

How wrong is it that that Tekken 2 and Tekken Tag 1 look like the most visually appealing Tekken games to me?

What did he say? Besides capcom worship.

Said shit about how fighting games are too hard and they should incorporate rpg elements like DFO, stuff like locking moves away till you level up. another thing he said is, "To teach reversals/counters, they should make a multiple choice quiz type thing where the screen freezes on a situation and asks you what to do, and you choose from answer A, B, or C" just dumb shit

That's worse then I could have imagined. That's mind bogglingly retarded. I understand the desire to get new blood into the genre but those sound like the opinions of someone who has never even seen a fighting game and even then that is ridiculous.

I don't know who those ecelebs are, but those suggestions are the most retarded suggestions to make fighting games more "normalfag-friendly" (as if anyone would want that) I've ever heard of.
This alone made me down a shot of whiskey.

You can read the patch notes yourself if you're so inclined. I'm not well-versed in fighting games, but it seems like more baby mode stuff.
capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2017/03/15/street-fighter-v-season-2-balance-update

That's Extra Credits. You have to remember these are the people who honestly thought we were going to run out of internet bandwidth.

These people were serious about all this, weren't they?

I'm gonna kill myself holy shit, why are these faggot popular, and why do people listen to their thoughts

She'll damage opponents with the power of her imagination. Point her fingers and go "pew pew pew".

Let it go, Max. You tried rigging that poll and it didn't work. :^)

That was the thing with the Tekken Hagrid, right? Memory's hazy but IIRC some of that was more than plain shit talking. That said, I don't think the guy should be nailed to a cross over it and that the chick was likely blowing things out of proportion.

wat

Well, I think this is proof that we better make sure communists stay the hell away from our games if we want them to have sexy grils, sexy supernatural grils and so on.

What did you honestly expect?

Where do you think you are?

I hope not. If they change Rock's moveset to make him different to Geese, they'll just alienate the fanbase that actually play him, but if he keeps the same, he'll just be a worse Geese. At least Shingo is different enough since Kyo doesn't have his '95 moveset.

Also, from the old leaker: twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/842208214041034752
Considering things like Andy, I can't even say if it's shopped or not

I'm really hoping it's Shingo just so I can make my KoF XI team again, I really don't get why people like Rock so much outside of Garou nostalgia

Could be legit. Like the silhouette, her hair seems to have a bit more volume so the upright figure might be her with a raised fist.

so this is the power of autism

They made Alex even shittier, and hardly nerfed all of the top-tiers except for Chun-Li, Guile, and Urien. This game keeps getting worse.

Practice is hardly autistic, user.

He's the cool blonde kid that appeals to the masses.

How'd they manage to make Alex even worse? And I thought Chun was in a bad spot last I heard.

Streaming lab time is mildly autistic

Jesus fucking, if this shit is real, she is a fucking boxer! How the fuck she would end with the arms of an anorexic girl?

Nigger do you not understand video games

Alex didn't get anything useful. They're twisting the game to be more about "high risk, high reward," but Alex is such a piece of trash you're better off with Geif or a different top-tier that does the job better. F.A.N.G. also took it up the ass too .

WHAT THE FUCK WOULD MAKE YOU THINK MORE NERFS TO CHARACTERS WHO ARE FLAT OUT UNPLAYABLE IS A GOOD IDEA?!

I hope this abomination never comes back.

Either I missed something, or Capcom fucked up their schedule again.

People still play him? But what the fuck, how are you going to bring back a character people wouldn't shut up about and then butcher him?

Please point on the doll where the sumo girl bodied you

Nigger, have you seen her sprites? She is not supposed to be that thin. Imagine Goro, or KoD with Benimaru's body? It's not that good, right? IT is the same here.
And hell, that's the only think SNK needs to learn from Crapcom: Better female bodies. They should just avoid those gigantic hands and feet.

I like this, Birdie was one of the most fun characters to play S1

Fuck Capcom and their "offence" shit, they have no idea how boring SFV's mixup game is.

Unsurprisingly, Anji shows up in Baiken's arcade mode.

Maybe we'll finally get his fucking theme.

Looks like they based her off her muscle free concept art/cutscene art version rather than the sprites. Even her cameo in the KoF XIV Women Team ending she looked twiggy

I hope she gets added, purely because I need a third character and I mained her in 02.
what would really rock my socks is if they added EX characters in somehow. Cause Kof 98 terry was my pride and joy and I always wish he'd get added in somehow, Or garou terry since he's basically a more fun version. Also Adel would be pretty cool if they changed his move list to be less stale.

Or they could make a new character thats serious looking for once. as opposed to a 5 year old bruce lee or a stripper lightning sagat

it's difficult to find art of possible fighting game characters after all a serious fighting game character tends to just wear jeans, a undershirt, and a jacket and be outrageously ripped.

literally could just look at a workout catalog and see a good start for a fighting character.

new pic

Kill yourself queer

Frankly, that's really disappointing. The DLC chars so far didn't catch my interest. IT's is nice that the game will be complete when they release it on PCs, because I would not pay for these characters unless they costed half or less than what they are asking. At least some people are happy.

By the way, a breakdown of Shin Hisako. Careful if she throw you.

those players were really uncooperative, they ever heard of a script?

Probably they didn't had the checklist. They knew what to do, but not the order. In live events, unless you trained the presentation itself, this might happen if they can improvise.

Do you even SUMO user?

Probably her 2002UM infinite.

But yeah, she looks a little skinny but she's always like that during cutscenes like in KOFXIII. I think someone like Blue Mary would look weird since she was always a ripped Android18 ever since the Fatal Fury days.

nichegamer.com/2017/03/16/tekken-7-will-get-two-new-exclusive-guest-characters-from-different-franchises/

GEESE GEESE GEESE

Frankly, it was PREDICTABO!

Hoping Namco hasn't completely forgotten about Soul Calibur and one of the guest character is from SC

I bet it's Yoshimitsu :^)

CARLOS!

So he's still got the guillotine?
How many supers does he have? Or is the stomp, prop smash and hyakuretsuhebi all part of the climax?

I dotn understand

Gondola as a KoF character?

This shouldn't have taken me as long as it did.

stop that, it's not good for your health

Choose your character

I want Woo, but it'll probably be Shingo but that's bad either.

I'll be happy as long as it's not Rock. The only good thing that would come out of Rock being playable is that I could make a "Two Dads Team" with him Geese and Terry.

Fuck.

Anything but Rock would be great.

Even Maximum Impact characters?

I haven't played that in ages, but yes.

If they do bring back MI characters, what would a MI team look like?

As long as it isn't Armor Ralf

Alba, Luise and Lien probably.

Hopefully just a entirely reworked Ninon with the kimono as the new default with a couple of canon NPCs. :^)
I'd stomach Xiao Lon but she had to be seriously fine tuned to be less of a Hsien-ko knock off.
Kinda like Chae Lim but there's too many TKD characters already.

It would be nice to see Chae Lim, May Lee and Jin Chonshu in Kim's dojo. We already had a cameo of the other Jin brother.

Probably Alba, Luise and Lien looking for Soiree.

There's a reason he was deleted from MI2 to MI: Regulation A

NEW THREAD