I want a game that drops me into a world as a complete noob, and I grow and learn the game throughout play...

I want a game that drops me into a world as a complete noob, and I grow and learn the game throughout play. Hopefully something with RPG mechanics (levels, classes, skills, that sort of thing) There is a story, but it's my choice if I wish to get involved or not. I can amass wealth, followers, buy land. Discover, destroy, or claim dungeons. Gain multiple classes or skills outside of the class I have chosen. Craft legendary gear, fall in love, maybe become a slaver if I choose. Rob caravans, save robbed caravans, rescue farmer's daughters. Slay dragons, steal the dragon's daughter, learn magic from dragons. Find the Gods, kick them square in a nackers for creating the strife in the world.

Is there anything like that?

Conan the Exiles sounds like your deal.

The description makes it sound like Rust. I don't want Rust.

the Way of the samurai series has most of those features

Which one should I start with?

The first one, duh.

Welp, I have 2 suggestions. However, after looking over Way of the Samurai, it appears too limited for what I want.

What games do people play when they want to start as nothing and end up Generals, Kings, and Gods?

You might wanna try Mount and Blade and Morrowind.

Played them both to death.

Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships
Start as a pirate/corsair, only to eventually own islands and govern them.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms X
Can start as lowly chinese warrior and rank up to a lord.

Taikō Risshiden V
Same as ROTKX, but with samurais in japan, start as Ronin, eventually can become respectable Daimyo.

Araki's face was shooped into that person sitting, right?

You might like Elona.

This immortal fucker really gets around.

Can someone tell me about this?

There is another thread about
Its an open world roguelike that was first created by a qt japanese grill but abandoned years later, and then the comunity picked it up and continued its developmet as Elona+
You can get married, buy a house, buy a farm, buy a ranch, buy slaves, sell slaves, hire prostitutes, be a prostitute, ride horse, ride your wife, ride a dinosaur, ride your dinosaur wife, do dungeons, try to become a trader and sell goods from one town to another, suicide by hanging yourself, play music and get stoned to death for playing like shit, go fishing, cook the fish and give it as tribute to the catgirl goddess etc.
Its a pretty fun game with a neat settings where magic and knights exists but also laser guns and shotguns, or nukes and Bioshock Big Daddies.

I tried it for around 3 hours but didn't experience any of the shit you said. It was just a generic RPG for me. Was I playing the same game?

You gotta be able to afford shit before you can do any of that.
Im just gonna enjoy my house with a maid and farm that grows fruits and vegetables but also ores and magic weapons for some reason

Is there a way to cheat in the game? I don't want to spend hours grinding in a genre I hate to get to the parts I might enjoy.

You're looking for Dragon's Dogma.

The thread that linked me to leads me to believe that Elona is a game for fetish/waifufags. I desire neither of those things.

git gud. Earn that loving wife and warm home and double sized bed

no, fag.

I have a love/hate relationship with DD. I always think "Wow, this game is great!" when I start playing it. Then I get about 10 hours into it and it just feels like I'm doing chores in an MMO.

It can be described as Dwarf Fortress weeb edition.

I'd recommend Gothic 1&2, it has pretty nice progression system starting out as hobo and becoming godlike by the end. If they're too clunky for you try Risen 1 instead.

Stick to Zelda, kid.

4 is the most recent and easy to get into. 3 is harder and has less features. Both can be gotten on steam.

Gothic.

This

test0

test1

test3

test4

test5

What did he mean by this?a

I felt the same with that game to be honest, it's fun and all but fuck, either I was really bad at it or the game was super difficult.
At least I picked up a bunch of people including my own allies and threw them off a cliff.

Well, if you're able to do anything in the game, it's expected to be able to do faggotry as well, try it, you'll like it.
Play as a Human(it's another name there but I don't remember it) Tourist for a real "from scretch experience".
Bote that you will die and mess up your stuff a lot and maybe even create new characters a couple times since the game will probably slap you on the face with some mechanic that you didn't yet experience.

Never

Everything but the last two sentences is Fallout 4. Not the previous ones because you have to follow the story in those.

Elona is a special kinds of madness that can be entirely worth it once the game clicks for you.

Maybe this, user.

If for some reason you never played dark souls, you go from 'nameless zombie' to 'still a nameless zombie, but powerful enough to shank all the gods'.

Yerles, Jeure, and Eulderna people are all humans from different countries, but Yerles would be the baseline "human" race of the game. Jeure have well balanced stats as well, but their hunger racial feat makes it harder to up your stats later in the game.
Real niggas choose lich for magic, golem for physical, and fairy for non-combat skills, but they're all nigh unplayable in the early game unless you inherit items from a previous char.

I was gonna make something like that until I went broke. Soon OP…

Maybe Nox? You get sucked out of our modern world into the magical world of Nox and tasked with stopping a crazy necromancer woman from taking over the world.

You're already in one. It's called life.

Why, yes. Here you go friend. Enjoy.

Nox, the single argument for why a time machine should be invented to kill EA before they killed Westwood.