Why do the japanese keep making stories about killing god?

Why do the japanese keep making stories about killing god?

I don't recall old JRPGs doing this. What started this trend and when will it end?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_patron_saints_by_occupation_and_activity
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Then you weren't paying attention. And to answer your question, it's the jews.

Why?

THE JEWS FEAR GOD
THEY MADE THE LIE ABOUT BEING THE CHOSEN PEOPLE
THEY ARE NOT CHOSEN, THEY ARE CURSED
==THEY WILL INFLICT THIS CURSE INTO NON-JEWS=
THEY ASSUME CONTROL AND DEGRADE THE WORLD FOR THEIR OWN SELFISH REGIME

EQUALITY IS A LIE AND A TRICK USED BY THE WEALTHIER ELITE TO DESTROY SOCIETY FROM THE INSIDE OUT
It doesn't exist.

Gods are completely different over there.

And there's basically no greater threat or obstacle than the creator.

Because the jews hate god, it's that simple. Sage for shit thread.

Are you D&C?

I just think you don't know what you're talking about OP.

I doubt 'it's jews' covers this.

Japs are secretly piss scared of and obsessed with their own versions of demons/spirits/jinn and whathaveyou so I suppose killing the thing that made them possible would calm their nippish souls a little. They don't like being laid low and made to feel as small as they are so finally knocking a troublesome deity off it's perch would make them cream their vending machine panties,

What is D&C?
Divide & Conquer?

Semitic faiths must be crushed.

Being ambitious and audacious in your goals in a game also gives the average otaku nip some fake sense of purpose, if they're deluded into imagining they're a god-killer for a few 100 hours then it'll likely keep the number of Aum Shinrikyo style events under thumb a little longer.

It stems from a combination of their folklore where godlike beings are simply godlike but are not truly deities and christian missionaries simultaneously using trade as a stipulation for converting as well as just good ole fashion imposing the religion on a province. Overall the japanese have had good reason to be suspicious of and contempt for (((organized religion))). This is why one of the most common sources of villainy in JRPGs, both new and old, is the institute behind the church which may or may not be a prelude to killing the god(s) behind the religion.

Sidenote: I always get a hearty kek that in TW: Shogun 2 (I think 1 had this too but it's been too long) that if you wanted rifles you had to convert your province to Christianity which is almost a wink-wink to the really complicated story behind that. But it still says a lot. Convert and get guns OR don't convert and don't get guns.

OP is a faggot and his thread is shit.

I'm gonna guess nukes

newfags get out

Shinto and their general reaction to Christianity.

What does that has to do with Japanese RPGs though?

Fuck off imbecile. Because of you half of public VPN banned. Kill yourself.

Fuck off you hyper kike. Why would you even use a VPN in the first place? It's not my fault you get banned because of /your/ shitposting.
You kill yourself.
You'd be doing society a huge fucking favor.

Good one proving his point.

may be because Holla Forums banned in russia? Whatever go to >>>/gulag/

It's interesting that the accept it to be real and try to kill it instead of just ridiculing it.

I love the Japanese spirit. It's really a shame what we did to them.

That's what happens when you have an autistic fuckchild as a leader. You fucking troglodyte.
>>>/ice/
You fucking polar bear.

Have you ever been in Russia?

It's the ultimate power level wanking. Goku became stronger than "God" about 30 years ago, and since, he's just kept beating higher and higher levels of gods. By the time the World King God (Kaioshin, Supreme Kai) showed up, it was to ask Goku for help, because Goku was already way stronger than the highest God in the universe. Then they had to introduce his evil counterpart, who is still stronger, but is training Goku to take over, and you can bet your ass that shortly after that, Goku is going to beat the shit out of the actual creator god who made the multiverse. And then they'll probably come up with a guy above even him to beat.

It's all about power levels and making the protagonist, and in the case of video games, the player, face ever more seemingly impossible challenges, so that there is a greater sense of fulfillment when they overcome that challenge.

Dragon Ball ended with Freeza.

Frieza was so strong that the King of Worlds (Kaio/King Kai, God's boss) was scared shitless of him, and Goku had to become much stronger than Kaio just to beat one of his minions (Vegeta).

Plus, even Kami (literally "God") is a second god introduced after Korin was already made an ineffective chump by Piccolo.

It's all about power levels. Eventually it's hard to come up with higher ones without just making gods. Or you can get all metaphysical with it and have the player fight the devs or something, that's cool too. But then the devs are just effectively gods too.

This, it's incredibly easy to get the players to kill "God" for the sake of showing how powerful you have become, there are alternate methods but making "God" a antagonistic force also drives other factors of the plot and thus making them a versatile plot tool.

Other alternatives are the universe's equivalent of the devil, some horror from beyond the stars or a man-made being of ridiculous power (be it because they themselves were once a man or them being artificial).

WHEN GODS END!

What? If anything they hate Jesus, not God.

Because god is a dick and they aren't cucked enough to call it justice. Also, yes they did.

Salty kike detected

thanks mods

Implying

You're either replying to bait a complete and utter fucking retard. Either way your wasting your time

Because japan has more than one god dickhead.

Because Christcucks stirred up so much shit in Japan (and boasted how they had subverted other countries and Japan was next). This is why Japan decided "nobody in or out" for a few centuries. Given the savagery christcucks inflicted upon Europe, killing their disgusting alien god is a noble and objectively good thing.

Because its cool, next.

Oh, and the question, when, always, killing gods its was always badass.

guess I'm ordering a pizza and replaying dude sex all night

How am i proving his point? The game that i posted is about killing god and it came out on 1989. Fuck this christcuck bullshit out of my board anyways.

In Chrono Trigger you're more or less killing satan. The "life of the planet" or whatever is more like god in CT.

At least it's not a Slav game about being a God. I am not sure the internet is prepared for that level of Cheeki Breekiness

What is wrong with challenging gods and fighting them?

All this video needs is blue captions on a black background on the bottom and the bald guy that pops up for 2 seconds at a time needs to be JC.

normalfag go

It was ok the first 500 times.

God waits for you, user. You only have to look.

Its a much older concept, corrupt folk religion/buddhist priest of a malevolent deity are a trope in stories all over Asia.

Doesn't matter, God is dead, the only ones trying to bring him back are Jews. The West will rise like a Phoenix again with it's native beliefs of Spirituality and Philosophy. Leave the Gods to the desert people.

Isn't it basically like Kratos killing gods? The relationship between gods and men was often viewed in an adversarial light. Gods tend to be closely tied to nature in Japan, so whereas in the west we have "Man vs Nature" they have "Man vs The Gods who Control Nature" or "Man vs The Gods who Manifest as Nature" or "Man vs Nature as Represented as Gods".

Oh god, not that bullshit again.

This thread was doomed from the start.

Jews are satanists. Once you know that their behavior makes sense.

Nice projection.

Not even trying to be subtle about it.

To be honest it isn't that bad compared to the threads on Holla Forums, but when compared to previous threads on Holla Forums it's definitely gotten worse.

This is not Holla Forums where saying "christcucks" gets you banned, friendo.

Everything gets you banned on Holla Forums these days. True Holla Forums is now at Holla Forums.

Try harder.

Now this… is bait I can reply to.

Because you either have shit memory or don't play JRPG's

WEW

your ilk is the reason why conversation on this board is dying and be it about something retarded as killing god in bideogames

There's nothing greater than gods so gods must die

That guy isn't the one who made the thread, faggot

I'll try for you, user.
I'm not great at video editing, but I'll try my hardest. Check in the WEBM thread later. Ctrl+f for "DudeSex" in a few hours.

And Americans don't?

That would shatter OP's narrative.

only killing god will lead us to the promised waifu land

The Japanese are polytheistic savages, that's why.

The OP said nothing about other people not doing it, but just to make you mad I'm going to say that no one else does it more than japs except for maybe jews.

Point to where OP says they don't
Also explain how this even compares to how many jrpgs have done it

Throw this in at the end.

Japan doesn't have the concept of God that westerners do, when they make games about killing a God, it's not the Christian God, but rather a superpowerful entity.

Your thread on /jp/ got deleted?

Well, what did you expect after they attacked one of God's nations?

A tale of Man as old as history.

Japs are polytheistic, they may see abrahamic monotheism as nothing but an authoritarian, intolerant, despotic theocracy waiting to happen
Check Okami for example, you are the main god of Nippones myth but there are a fuck load more gods and entities of similar power level besides the MC populating the land

Mericans only take jabs at dead religions
Japs regularly shit on (((not the church)))

Didnt one of the two cities nuked had like a lot of churches?

also their word for god is much more general. their could be a god of anything and everything.
god could mean a demon that controls a small area, or an angel, or a spirit, or a really powerful force… its a very flexible and general term.

there is no english equivelant, i have no idea why they chose to settle on the word "god" maybe christians in japan use the same word? i dont fucking know, im not japanese.
though they are killing the real God daily by subverting his teachings with lewd

The Entity is Lavos.

I think it's more that JRPGs are about a struggle on a divine level. Western games tend to be more about powerful humans fighting other powerful humans.

It fits for most kami.

Deity works.

Why are the (((Japanese))) making games about killing God? (((Who))) could possibly be behind this?

It's called an entity.

Was about to post this.

but deities are supernatural are they not? in japan a "god" isnt necessarily something supernatural. could just be something powerful. and deities are typically holy/sacred while in japan it could be something pretty regular.
i could also be completely wrong about everything

entity is pretty general too. although its still a better thing to translate it to than "god"

Interestingly, the game that refers to its own protagonist as the "slayer of god" is also the most redpilled, especially about the jews.

(((Solaris))) secretly runs everything in the world and pits nations against each other for no other reason than to maintain control. They refer to 'land dwellers' as lambs (goyim). The primary objective of most of the game is to end the tyranny of the sky jew, and their "god."

Atlus have been doing it for a long time.

Yes, you are mostly wrong. And entity is a shitty word.

Let me tell you OP that in Japan they call God to people that is highly skilled in certain things.
For example: the God of writing romance, The God of walking backwards, the God of Sushi, etc
Is retarded I know but that is the truth

Japan has a long history of killing "gods" as emperors and military heads of state often liked to call themselves.

Not sure what you mean but "powerful forces" sound pretty supernatural to me.

tl;dr of course westerners don't have the same meaning of god. they've been spiritually castrated for over a thousand years. they only know god, devil, angels and demons and don't really have concepts like tree spirits

They are not people, they are gods which preside over those things.

Shogun have never been considered gods.

I wouldn't mind having a chat with the God of weird paraphilias.

There are literal people with those titles

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with any of those things.

Such as?

Christians define themselves by the act of abolishing judaism. There is no such thing as "judeo-christianity", these are exclusive terms. Or at least to catholics, because then, fucking anglos, Luther, Calvin, and their protestant shit fucked it all up by sucking the jewish cock for power and influence.

Japs seem to have been brainwashed by protestant faggotry and love the "election" bullshit of Jews.

The word is Abrahamic, and it includes islam. All three are pretty much the same thing, just with different bits tacked onto the end of the story.

Yes we do, but we call them spirits or have specific regional names. And then there is all the folk tales of spirits or ghosts or monsters in some form or another, you wouldn't know this cause you've never bothered to visit and talk to the locals.

Never heard of SMT, have you?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_patron_saints_by_occupation_and_activity

Shin-Megami Tensei.
It's most Anti-kike Japstuffs, monotheism conflicts with how japs see the divine as deities and crap, they're more into having a signle god for every fucking feasible subject known because racial autism.

If God is too much of a faggot to enjoy anime tiddies, then I embrace this defection.

I was talking in general ffs.

The average person doesn't care about spirits. It's either demons or fairy tale bullshit to them.

Except one of them is a literal revolt against one other, and the last one is basically a merge of both.
Judaism -> choosen people, election
Christianity -> no chosen people, no election
Islam -> you can be of chosen people if you convert

This is the premise for almost every Japanese game. Why does it bother you so much?

Because it is the ppremise for almost every Japanese game. Shit's gotten old.

Jokes on you, I'm an atheist.

In the early days of D&D one of the goals of a very high level party would be to kill some sort of god in order to become one.

Don't you have that backwards? Everytime I open that fucking book, there's another story about how God is genociding the Jews (either directly or through their enemies) because of their insubordination, some minor transgression, or because they just didn't love him enough.

In regards to OP, the first JRPG I ever played was Phantasy Star on the Sega Master System. The final boss of that game was an aspect of a dark god named (creatively enough) The Profound Darkness. A god that wasn't always evil, as it was revealed in later games, but was an amalgam of different souls of a spiritual race which had been trapped in a pocket dimension for millenia after losing a civil war until they went mad and congealed into a singular mass of hatred and lust for revenge and destruction.

Since there was no "good or bad" - just winners and losers to the original civil war, Phantasy Star 5 (if it had been made) would have revolved around tracking down the remnants of The Great Light - which isn't a singular being, but the remains of the winners of that war (some of whom you meet on Ryukros in PSIV, like Le-Roof and Ra-Faze) - and destroying them because of some contrived threat they posed. But that's never going to happen now with the series basically being spun into one giant commercial for general j-pop culture meets space diablo.

So… yeah, that was back in, what… '88 and they had you killing gods back then.

What about Daimyo? Didn't Oda Nobunaga consider himself (whether jokingly or not) as a god - the Demon King of the 6th Heavens?

They all believe in the same magic book, but then have different sequels to said book. They're all part of the same series. It's like the Zelda timelines.

Fuck you, now I have to play it again.

Steins;Gate has nothing about killing god.

Yeah no, there are plenty of christians who believe in spirits, and still do despite the church trying to paint everything as pagan or whatever zany schemes they have otherwise spiritualism wouldn't be so huge even amongst atheists. Like I said you need to get out and go to a country or region and actually talk to people, you won't see this stuff on the internet cause people don't care about their own cultures that much to talk about it unlike a certain little island that is otherwise completely worthless.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves

Godslayer achievement

Spirituality in the east is a lot about the internal self. Spirituality in the west is about what lies outside of oneself. Eastern heroes often master themselves, gain great power from it and then overcome an obstacle. Western heroes receive divine assistance, gain great power and then overcome an obstacle. Therefore it is rather unthinkable that a god would be slain in western canon, but not quite so in eastern where men often fight deities both minor and major.

killing god is the true purpose of man.
Man is the physical form of ragnarok.

;_;7

At the end of the day, JRPGs are escape fantasies for the average Japanese office drone that will readily work itself to death due to the Japanese understanding of work ethics.

So, when they get the chance to mentally slip out of their boring old wageslave job (including the mandatory social drinking rounds with people you don't like, the grueling overtime shifts, and the constant pressure to achieve and the risk of losing face), you wanna be someone with power.

As the hero levels up, this first may be the evil local baron, followed by some kind of evil mythological being, and then you punch god in the face. I mean, it's always been a characteristic of JRPGs that your big spells (think summons from Final Fantasy) always seems to have enough firepower to level entire continents, but still only end up killing the mooks you ran into during a random encounter.

Also, gods in the concept of Japs aren't quite as omnipotent as those of the Christian tradition.

How many Jap games where you have amnesia and have to kill a god?

Well, let's see

FF6 and FF7 are definitely on the table.
Ys 1 would count but Adol doesn't really have amnesia (we'd need a different category for heroes that arrive via shipwreck)

Japanese people understand the problem of evil. Fuck god.

exactly, we gamers must fight against god

It really just boils down to the fact that most JRPGs are one off deals, and a god is an easy go-to entity that can serve, if nothing else but plotwise, as a vaguely credible threat to your autistically minmaxed faggots.
Having just normal human or other similarly low key antagonists serving that role, would require far more time, effort and creativity from the scriptfags to make the game flesh out the world, which would ultimately have far more chances to fuck up and make the whole game worse in the end.
As a result, games that try to pull that kind of shit off, tend to either be a franchises with enough games in mind to space the necessary worldbuilding apart or based upon some other media that already laid out the workings of the setting.

No, that's all pop culture shit. Nobunaga was a Westaboo who contributed to the unification of Japan by DISHONORBRU METHODS such as using guns and firing lines, and commended/promoted his soldiers based on performance instead of bloodlines and birthrights. Literally the opposite of Tokugawa in every way. That makes him a literal fucking demon and absolute disgusting trash.