How come this garbage still looks better than most modern games?

How come this garbage still looks better than most modern games?

Consoles.

Good art direction?

uncharted 4 and horizon zero dawn look better

Because the CryTek engine is based purely on stunning visuals.
Everything has light reflecting off the surface, everything has shadows rendered properly, all the surfaces that should be reflective are etc.

Crysis 2 was stunning back then and is now because it aimed to be realistic in terms of how lights and objects interact. Doesn't matter how photorealistic you make an object, if it doesn't feel/look like it's interacting with the objects and environment, it's going to feel odd.

Uncharted 4 looks no better or worse besides making shit look even more plastic.

I remember Holla Forums shitting on it back when it was first released for not looking as realistic as the first Crysis. Then again that's almost entirely due to the art disign which I do feel is weaker than the aim at proper realistic colors the first had. This was also before the DX11 patch and I'm sure the fact that it's consolized garbage compared to the first didn't help.

Why?

Because people working on Crysis 2 were not a bunch of multicolored hair losers from san francisco.

Graphics don't matter remember, its all about gameplay.

It's amazing how fo4 on the lowest settings and removing lighting looks just like a high poly morrowind

Because Crysis 2 was a tech demo disguised as a game, have you ever played it? It is painfully average
The nanosuit makes me hard tho so I guess it's all good

If you played any sci-f/alien shooter in the past 5 years, or the original, it was average.
If you hadn't played a shooter from that era, it was impressive.

its true, play them if you don't believe it. Consoles are laptop tier but no one makes high end PC games because there is no market for it, so high end development only happens on a low end platform - consoles.

Guess you should have bought games instead of pirating them if you wanted devs to cater to you.

And all that means is that people in the latter category can't help their shit taste. Not even the first Crysis was all that great. The second half of the game went full Hindenburg when the LMAO's came in. If you want to hold up a series as the definition of "Painfully average", Crysis is a good start.

Fuck you. How about they release some demos instead of having to pay 60 bucks for games up front.

I'm not a dev, I just provide market consulting occasionally.

Now your just being a fucking moron. shutup.

I'm devastated for not having this

nice revisionism ther m8
crysis 2 is a piece of consolized shit

o-ok, please dont hurt me todd

was so disappointed at the second half. suddenly the fun game of play stealth in the jungle with norks became rambo ayyys with a minigun for 3 hours.

Only the one on the right is properly squatting, shit pic.

You're just a fucking idiot. It's one thing to say Fo4 doesn't have the best graphics it could have or that the engine is too old.. or fucking whatever. But to say F04 graphics look like Marrowind makes you a fucking idiot.

Eat shit, jizzler

So does everyone on Holla Forums.

Crysis1 is best Crysis

>>>/furry/

You are desperate for pc gaming to regain a temporary crown to justify cpus and gpus that cost as much as a console.

Maybe you should stop being retarded.

How come Soldier of Fortune 2 still looks better than Cucksis 2?

because soldier of fortune 2's only merit is gore and that was the case even back then, it was a cheap thrill and lost its impact after the first 20 minutes.

why do people pretend this game even matters?

Because consoles can't even hit standards we had 6 years ago.

how come PC can't exist independent of consoles? why was the last major PC title a game from 10 years ago where the developers said they didn't make a good return on sales? rly makes yuo thinkg….πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

The gunplay was great. Weapons handle quite realistically. Enemies limp and change their behavior when wounded, something that even games these days very rarely do. Crysis 2 is obviously a cheaper thrill.

You remind me of the 12-year-olds in youtube comment sections.

Jesus christ, and it's not even the weekend.
Get off your phone and do some maths.

Better make that "boyfriend" then.

Oh right, because PC-exclusives don't exist in the AAA sphere.
I know I took the bait

Holy shit, kill yourself, you fucking cuck.

Not an argument.

Okay, how is "your opinions are not backed by evidence" for an argument?

none of those are AAA games. You don't even know what it means. The only genres that work on PC are f2p, forced esports shill shit, mmos, and PC centric genres like sims and pointer based games. Most other things don't sell well unless they are memed to shit or have an established audience.

Yiff in hell.
Also sage for graphics-whoring thread.

Reported for obvious paid shill.

Just ignore the imbeciles

How do these two screenshots resemble each other?

Learn to read you fucking fag.

wrong file.

They both have a vomit-inducing amount of jaggies

You sound kind of homosexual, but I'd agree that SOF1 is superior in a few ways.

It's more polished, that's for sure. The NPC grenades and AI detection system were unnecessary and broken additions in SoF2.

Ignore the settings in-game and tweak the ini files if you want to go for lowest graphics.

Crysis 2 looks like shit
Everything is bloom and gloom
Don't know what you're talking about

>>>/NeoFag/

its not just the graphics of today

horizon zero dawn also has majorly improved physics and things like dynamic fractions.

I actually think killzone 2 also has a lot of physics and environment effects.

Why do you act like a faggot with a shit opinion?

no shit