This game, while butchered at release, actually has potential

This game, while butchered at release, actually has potential.
It's been almost a year since its release. Has that potential been realized yet, inevitable Paradox money grubbing aside?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=870684792
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nah still wait for few more dlcs, then yaarrr the fuck out of that shit

No, most paradox games can be shit for years until the DLC/Mods fixes them. Hasn't been anywhere near long enough.

It didn't have any potential. No amount of dlc will fix it.

Major game fixing patch and dlc will come at april. The first big DLC (not counting the story and event dlcs)
I say, pirate it if you can't wait till they release very cut content. Otherwise wait 5 years until they actually release the whole game!

No fucking joke! The mid and late game is dry as fuck!

It just needs a full fledged warhammer mod with textures and all, then it'll be addicting as fuck. Especially since you can already do exterminatus to xenos as it stands

probably not.

Not really, but the next update/dlc is looking pretty good. New buildings, a rework of the edicts/policies system with the introduction of civics and the whole synthetic/biologic/psionic ascension paths seems like a major step up gameplay-wise.

Funny thing is that those parts were the weakest in the game. Thanks tot he liberal bias. But since a bunch of people demanded it, they putted better and more xeno purging via the DLC…

However keep your hope on low. We talk about Sweden cucks in the case…

This much broken english, hello my foreign brethren, but they will Paradox at the end of the day likes making money more than they do pushing narratives

Sorry

it's a decent game, but it's fucking dry as hell as that user up there said. you will reach a point, rapidly, where you have nothing to do. the sector AI is still completely, 100% retarded, and since you MUST have sectors, this is a crippling problem. mid to late game is very, very slow, where you and your enemies will be fairly evenly matched, which means combat will slow to a crawl as you peck away at each others' megafleets and then wait for replacements

i really wanted it to be good but it just isn't. even if you give it the benefit of the doubt it is still very firmly in mediocre territory. not worth playing in its current state

Claims to be a "space 4X" game but doesn't have espionage, diplomacy or proper trade. Also the combat is nothing but two ship blobs moving towards each other and shooting. And you're forced to use sectors and hand over the governing of your worlds to a non-existent AI.
It is despicable that Paradox would release their pre-alpha tech demo as a full game and then maybe slowly add the content as "DLC" if it seems it would turn a profit. I will be pirating all the updates, out of spite if nothing else.

Next dlc sounds promising but don't let yourself be fooled by the eternal paradox. Scurv that shit

That's way more amusing to me than it should be

They want to say the game is being butchered to sell as DLC, but so far all the game DLC for more content has been free.
Except Leviathans which doesn't really add much.

Its odd the Free shit has had more then the shit you would have to pay for.

All this DLC dont add anything to make game playable after 30 min.

3 mod caliber free dlc vs. 1 mod caliber dlc for dos
meh…

I always edit the defines.lua file so I don't have to worry about sectors. The game still gets bland after the early game though, so I might pirate it again after few DLC come out.

exterminatus golf dlc when

They're about to release a DLC in April that seems like it could add some meat to the game. Still not nearly enough, knowing Paradox, but I actucally liked what I saw – being able to bring my species to ascension, manage internal politics, and build megastructures appeases my inner autist.

I am more wondering about why there are STILL no good fucking mods! The game screams for a 40k one. Fuck, I can actually SEE some of the falvour and mechanics to be made with fucking Warhammer in mind, yet so far its just shitty skins and the like. Fucking make an already colonised map so I can be in the 41st millenium, don't make me play through the fucking Great Crusade

Also for the anons that don't know Parajews, Crusader Kings 2 released in 2012 and the latest big expansion pack it got was released today, with more of them planned. That's right, they've been releasing DLCs for five years at a regular basis and still aren't done. Paradox is a master at milking its games.

As i hear the fuck up versions and old mods didnt work. This is sure not because game underdeveloped and adding new mechanic for sectors are god forbidden on their forums.

For what purpose

wouldn't be the first time. look up Common Sense for EUIV and feel your nads clench up in true rage that they had the stones to charge money for what was a glorified AI fix

There's a 40k total conversion in the works right now. It's got a static galactic map with something like 1200 solar systems and a bunch of new planet types.

Link?

I found this.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=870684792

The worst thing about paradox dlc isn't just that they are milking their game, but that after the viking dlc every expansion makes the game worse by adding more stupid shit nobody asked for and fixing game mechanics that were perfectly fine with their free updates.

The chances that paracuck will actually improve stellaris as opposed to making it more shit the more they change things are close to zero.

Sadly, this is not what I mean, see pic related. What I mean is to have already most of the galaxy colonised, so that there is no colonisation rush like in the normal game.

Modders have a knack for using that shit, fortunately – I can already tell they'll have a field day with the newest one. Playing vanilla is a waste of time, though, as with most Parajew games.

It needs much better trade, and espionage was pretty much a complete no show at launch(not sure about now). Endgame scenarios need a complete overhaul (most are just annoying and not fun).

I'd also like to see some early game balancing. I think it takes too long before its possible to capture planets, the main cockblock being the ability to destroy spaceports efficiently. I would like to be able to be more aggressive earlier.

Instead of any of that, what paradox will do is add $10 DLC with more random events about sentient transgender tapeworms needing to be transported to the hormone therapy planet or something.

The new CK2 DLC is the first fun one in a long time though.

the sad fact is that paradox balances and patches all their games for multiplayer, while only an EXTREMELY small playerbase actually play multiplayer. this has been pretty well documented as far back as the later patches for CK1. they keep changing shit saying that it will "make multiplayer more dynamic" but really, something like what, a generous 15% of all players play anything but singleplayer

It depends; EU4 went unplayable shit because of the dlc.

NO YOU FUCK
THIS IS PARADOX GO-TO STRATEGY FOR MAKING MONEY
HYPE UP A GS GAME OR SEQUEL PROMISING NEW INNOVATION AND IDEAS
THEN THE GAME IS RELEASED WITH SHITTY COMBAT, NONEXISTENT DIPLOMACY AND TACKED ON FEATURES TO SLOW DOWN YOUR INEVITABLE EASY BLOB VICTORY
THEN OVER THE NEXT 5-10 YEARS RELEASE DLC THAT BLOAT THE GAME BY ADDING MORE SUPERFLUOUS MECHANICS TO HINDER THE PLAYER AND DISTRACT YOU FROM THE FACT THAT THE BASE GAME IS SHIT
STOP BUYING THEIR GAMES
STOP ACKNOWLEDGING THEM

YOU, YOU LITTLE SHIT
NAME ONE GRAND STRATEGY PARADOX MADE IN THE LAST 5 YEARS, OR ONE THAT WAS MADE BETTER WITH DLC

one good*
fuck im a retard

No, not really.

I find ckii fun but I absolutely yarharred the fuck out of it (like all paradox games because fuck their greedy shit)

Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4. Have you fucking played either of them on release? They were borderline unplayable

CK2 is still 5 years old though, and most of its good dlcs are old ones. Have you seen new Paradox dlcs? Like 15$ for Land Lease on HoI4? Current Paradox's dlc aren't going to fix Stellaris

yes. And the ones Stellaris got so far improved the game.

Irredeemable shit without potential

And yet it serves as a decent entry-level grand strategy title, next to Darkest Hour.
t. PIDF

Do their updates still break mods?
Really annoyed the fuck out of me when i gathered a bunch of promising mods that fixed some of my issues with the game and one week later some fucking update makes all mods unplayable.

It's like saying checkers is a decent entry-level for chess, the only commonality is the board you play on.

What can I say, I've seen many a person interested in trying out grand strategies but they were scared away by things like autistic interface. NuHearts of Iron gives them the opportunity to try it out. From here on, they are free to go deeper or remain at casual-tier. The problem is, they would still demand more watered-down GSGs, which would in a way spell the doom of a genre.

Every game "has potential". If that potential isn't realized AT LAUNCH, it's dead and should be buried and forgotten.