PS Vita 2

PS Vita 2
Would this be a good idea if Sony weren't too merchanty about it?

Also are there any handhelds out there that can run a PS2 emulator?

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=37007&p=331455#p331455
vgchartz.com
youtube.com/watch?v=RAFX1LJTcD0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games_(A–L)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games_(M–Z)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just musing because the Onimusha trilogy on PSV is NEVER EVER going to happen.
FF12 coming to it in July though.

You don't even need that.
Just give me a handeheld that can play any ps2+1 title at a consistent framerate without bugs. Done.

You'd be better off stripping down a PS2 and making it portable yourself.

The only way this could work out is if these companies finally started unifying your library across systems, because I'm sick of being told I need to rebuy the same games on new systems even though they are just running on basic emulation when you break into it.

That is something Sony will definitely not do

Really? There's no other portable solution out there?

This is just stupid. If you don't dedicate all your attention to your hobby, while comfortably sitting before fuckhuge screen - why play video games at all?

Emulating the emotion engine can be pretty taxing, a lot of low end prebuilts still aren't even capable of doing it well.

Sony did the opposite of that. PS1 classics were playable on PSP and PS3, and then when Vita came out, a lot were playable on Vita, but not some big names, including all the Crash and Spyro games.

At launch, PS3 could play PS2 games, then they took that feature out of later models (and earlier models all started breaking). Then they released PS2 Classics which were only playable on PS3, and when PS4 came out, they didn't let PS1 or PS2 Classics play on it. Instead they pushed PS Now which had PS1 games on it, and "PS2 on PS4" or something which is PS2 classics but upscaled (even though I'm pretty sure PS3 had upscaling too) and with Trophies.

Crash and Spyro are both playable on the Vita in EU. God knows why they're not in NA.

giving any of these corporations money…no

Fuck yeah

So that you can play games on a long bus journey / during a quiet period at work without having to lug a laptop around.
I take it you're against handhelds and don't listen to podcasts then?

Are you against Sony because you're a fanboy or because you're against corporations?

so the vita? lots of Vita games were PS2 ports.
Vita was much more powerful than people gave credit, I mean, Killzone on Vita ran on the KZ3 PS3 engine and looked and played pretty decently, despite still being a killzone game

yup, sounds like a Sony console allright

Vita had a lot of PS3 ports. PSP got some surprisingly good PS2 ports. Both could play PS1 games, but, though you would have expected PS2 Classics or something on Vita, I don't think they did that. But PS2 Classics was shit anyway and Sony never supported it properly, and expected you to buy again on their next console. So fuck that.

all companies do it now. I mean, the Switch's next big exclusive will literally be a port of MK8

Its shit.

yeah, PS2 classics shouldve been playable on Vita…

speakin of PSP, I remember a friend back in highschool (around 09) playing Silent Hill 2, emulated on PSP, and I still cannot figure out how he did that to this day

FF12 isn't coming to the Vita.

Looks like all Nintendo has competition with now is smartphones, if that can even be considered competition.

are we doing this gayass what-if shit?
because i want in

None of these changes would cost much, as they're just slight modifications to the existing design. Also:

The memory cards were the biggest hurdle to adoption and the single biggest reason why vita failed. Cut those down, I guarantee there'll be a flood of Vita sales overnight.

Allowing HDMI output+DS4 control means that Vita games can now be streamed by those retards on YouTube/Twitch, giving wider awareness. Not even the 3DS can do that.

A cheap "best-of" line of games that sells at a single impulse price point of $10, combined with a collectible factor by the simple addition of a catalog number to the front cover/spine means retards will buy that shit just to have a complete collection.

Boom! we just saved the vita.

I just saved the vita

I already use the Vita all the time just to Remote Play PS4. Off tv play is nice on Nintendo, and works well on PS4 if you have Vita. They should be marketing that. Hell, you can play over the internet even if you're away from the PS4. Granted, you need a pretty good connection depending on what you want to play.

theres a bit of lag, but it mightve been my internet. I still played quite a bit of Battlefield 4 Online tho, and I had no big issues other than the lag, but its still completely playable

here is what is nice about the vita:

here is what is not nice:

Or they could not do something that stupid and just go with the original design minus the OLED screen and use the accessory port for TV output like they originally planned before deciding to go full jew and make consumers buy a whole other console dedicated to being a Vita with TV output.
Also, I see you and like 20 other people in this thread alone all saying "Sony should have played up the Vita as a PS4 companion." Where the fuck have you people been between the launch of the PS4 and when Sony gave up on the Vita in the west? Every time Sony mentioned the PS4 during that time period, they also mentioned remote play. They spent years trying to market the Vita as a must have PS4 accessory rather than as a system that could stand on its own merits. People who were here at the time constantly made fun of the Vita as an ultra expensive, WiiU tablet style PS4 controller because of how hard Sony was pushing it as such.

How is adopting an open standard for video out stupid? Why do you prefer the proprietary accessory port?

I want to be able to buy any common MHL>HDMI adaptor for dirt cheap, then the fucking expensive Vita-only one Sony would put out.

I prefer the original design because it's already done. Sony wouldn't have to jump through the hoops of adopting new standards and all the research and development costs that would be associated with putting that into a new model of Vita. They can use something they had already successfully released before and know how to work with. It could be that they would be willing to adopt the new standard so that customers could use cables that already exist given that they adopted micro USB for the new Vitas, but seeing as how they made an entire console for Vita video out instead of a cable, I doubt it.

It's called the Switch. It's a fair bit bigger than a Vita but quite portable still.

Don't be so dumb. You can focus on games while on a train. Besides I mostly own portables to play games in a comfy bed.

You mean buyable? Barring that stupid region lockout on PSN necessitating multiple accounts, the system is supposed to be region-free.

Well why didn't you just ask him Tomoko?

Those are fine. It's the triggers that feel terrible and frequently don't press right.
The worst thing by far. No argument.
I'm scared to death of dropping mine, to the point I put a wrist strap on it
That's pretty standard for all consoles, unfortunately.

Yes buyable.

A fair point, however it doesn't actually seem like it could do video anyway.

wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=37007&p=331455#p331455

Apparently the Vita processor can only output an LVDS signal, and the Vita TV needed an expensive extra chip to convert that into HDMI.

Which makes that mystery port even more mysterious. I remember reading a press release that Sony partnered with another company for their video output tech, but at the last minute it all fell through. I cannot for the life of me find that press release.

Reminder that the PSVita sold less than the Game Gear. It's in the same shit tier as the Nokia Ngage.

I completely disagree with these. I mustve dropped my vita steppin out of my tall truck 50 times before it finally broke, and even then, it was an internal crack, rarely any scratches. most I had was a dent on the back and the corners were all p worn. were you using the LED version?

You realise they had a massive relaunch in Q1 2014 with the Vita slim? The Vita's sales may be bad but there's no reason to exaggerate.

vgchartz.com pegs it at 15 mil. Congrats to Vita, it just barely edged past the Game Gear then after its "massive relaunch".

I don't know if you're baiting me or if you actually retarded.

Nice excuses faggot.

yes, this would do wonders for stress relief

Yes. LED version, I had an OLED break by being in my backpack.

All the Vita needed to be was a machine with a clamshell build that was more powerful than the PSP, had either a UMD Drive or an optional add on, twin analog sticks, a bigger screen than the PSP, used SD cards for storage, had TV out and the option to use PS3 controllers. It basically just had to be an Nvidia Shield with a Sony OS and it would have sold like fucking crazy. Instead it was designed by idiots who had no fucking idea what people wanted.

More Sony Arrogance™: "We will design the console first, and the people will come flocking to us with their money because we are Sony"

Again, I'm baffled by these kinds of statements. People fucking HATED the UMD drive on the PSP. They said it was loud and that the hatch was prone to breaking. Sony offered a pretty half assed fix with the Japan only UMD Passport program, a thing on the PSN that let you register a UMD onto your account so that you could buy a digital copy of the game for your Vita at a big discount. The program fell flat on its ass because Sony didn't realize that most people weren't going to be willing to pay $10 for a game they were holding in their hand at that instant and would just keep playing it on the PSP.

Xperia play with games made for this.

I Want to understand why is forbiden create smartphones like this?

Why the Nintendo 3DS is not made to be smartphone too

Why don't make a smartphone who have controls like Xperia Play, touch, be used like smartphone and be used like PSP, Nintendo DS, 3DS

Why smartphones are forbiden to have controls and games developed based on this?

Why Nintendo do not create smartphones like Xperia Play and create games for this in the same way they creasted for Nintendo DS, 3DS and etc?

Why Sony don't keep this? And port and create games for their smartphone?

Why the smartphone industry don't come with smartphone made with controls like this by default to force all devs develope more games made with these controls instead of only touch.

They want the smartphone being the minimal possible this is why they don't put controls on it?

Put a phone, some important android app and at least 8 mega pixels Camera in a PS Vita 2 or Nintendo 3DS 2 is forbiden?

The UMD may have sucked dog dick, but it would have given Vita owners access to a wealth of great PSP games right away. Sony's solution of allowing you to buy/rebuy psp games from PSN was shitty because it was slow going and it rendered everyone's physical game library useless.

The idea that I could pick up a used, cheap copy of Peace Walker or Crisis Core and play that on my Vita hassle free while in between Vita releases would have made justifying the purchase of a Vita a lot easier.

(btw Crisis Core *still* isn't available on PSN. gg Sony)

What a fucking idiot. Is it too much to expect that consoles have their own games?

Even a modern pc is only good for emulating old games user

I'm sure I could come up with a single use for a computer that isn't emulating older games.

Sony could never compete with Nintendo in the handheld market. I can guarantee you that over 75% of handheld games other than smart phones are played by children and Nintendo's target demographic is for the most part children. Making a handheld that appeals mainly to adults will never work in this day and age because almost no adults have the time to play handheld games outside of the house because that's when they are at work or they are driving. Do I bring a whole nother device just to play on my 15 minute break downtime or do I just pull out my phone for a little bit? If I'm going out for anything other than work it's to have some fun and not have my face buried in a game, I can do that at home. The only reason I can see a full adult, not a manchild, to have and use a handheld is if he doesn't have a car and rides public transit but I imagine pulling that thing out on a bus or a train enough times will eventual get it stolen.

Are you sure he wasn't just playing Shadow of Memories/Destinies - which was also by Konami, and looked visually somewhat similar to SH2, and had a decent PSP port?

Because people don't buy phones to play video games you sperg

no it was definitely SH2 cause it had a custom menu (it was a homebrew port or something), and I saw him playing in the hotel with the straight jacket monsters and the clock puzzle

Computers are uncomfortable

What in god's name is that design, op? Fucking christ, it reminds me of those rumored mockup 3DS/Switch designs by Plebbit before those got announced. How do normalfags keep designing things this shitty? Those analog sticks look so fucking uncomfortable.

I tend to agree. Even when I had a PSP I prefered playing most of those games at the computer. The only things I really played while mobile was stuff like WDIDTDTML? and tactics games.

And I can play PS2 games?
I meant actual PS2 titles not PS2 quality.

The PSVita can already PS3 level graphics. The only problem is that devs won't bother to push it.

The main point of this thread is to talk about having PS2 games on a portable device.
Why are you here, Nintoddlers? Just shitposting while waiting to get your Nintendo Brick replaced?

Agreed.
You're thinking inner city. There are also cross-state / cross-country journeys some people have to take regularly for a variety of reasons and they don't tend to have hoods on them who are looking to steal your shit.
You also forgot jobs like security, maintenance, store clerk night shift, etc. jobs with long hours of inactivity. Your phone and newspaper get boring as fuck on a long shift like that and a handheld console is a god send. (Presuming that in most workplaces you can't set up emulators on their PCs.)

Right? "I wanna build a little spaceship, fuck ergonomics!"

Nah it's high end HD PS2 at best and the few exclusives it has are very well optimised. I don't imagine it could be pushed much further. Also Sony have pretty much abandoned it.

Because smartphones suck up battery when you try to play or emulate anything. I often use my PSP to avoid wasting battery life.

A semi-related question. Is the Vita pirateable, and capable of playing old PSP games? Or should I get a PSP? Because perhaps I get either one of these.

Yup. Grab a PSTV and play all the Vita games you want as long as it has a firmware version below 3.60

What do you mean? To get a Vita, or a PSP?

heh, nice avp2 reference

SONY would save Vita if they started making it easy to pirate, like the PSP. But doing smart things is beyond the capacity of SONY, it seems.

I can see them being more Jewish with a vita 2 than Nintendo is with the Switch.

There, you got a better PSP At the least.

You can play your games while being driven in a car,
You can focus on games while travelling on a train,
You can enjoy your games no matter where you are,
You cannot, however, play them on a plane,
Because here, the big guy is the star.

Obviously I missed the rest of your post. Switch is a portable system. You won't find many portable PS2s that aren't just cut down PS2s.

Good news, the Vita actually got Adrenaline even on latest firmware. Still recommending 3.60 systems for serious homebrew, and for Vita pirating. But you're not totally out in the cold with a recent one.

No just get a Vita. PSTV is at the point where you may as well a PS4.

That's Tomiko numbnuts. This is Tomoko.

I don't understand.

So will the Switch compel Sony to release a Vita 2?

Sony has long given up on the portable market. Not enough normalfags

.>I mustve dropped my vita steppin out of my tall truck 50 times before it finally broke

How did the first 49 times not teach you to use a case?

Normalfags?
What about all the weeaboo autism bucks?
I'm actually surprised that Holla Forums doesn't love the Vita given the volume of weebshit on it.

it was big enough as it is, my pockets couldnt handle it with a case

Aren't there Vita generalds, here?

the current vita general is a month old and has less than 300 posts
it's slowly rotting away, just like the vita

The current vita general is populated by huehuehue piratefags who can't find a better place to go over for the millionth time how to get their games for free. Those of us who actually wanted to talk about the games were shouted down for the most part by them, the torfag, and the japfag.

Weeaboo autism bucks keep a platform afloat but do not buoy it to the heights a megacorp now expects, just like how Disney shut down all of its gaming divisions, not because they weren't making a profit, but because they weren't making -enough- of a profit -quickly-.

i know the japfag is still around, but what happened to the torfag? was there a big juicy piece of drama spergout or did they just fuck off?

Will we ever get english crystal or pirates?

Nigger just make a Vita that can use something that isn't Sony's fucking retarded 4mb/s cards

If the ps4 and the vita itself are any indication, you'd get what you're asking for one way or another.

Also fix the PSN Classics in NA I'm not buying your shit that you can't allow people to download crash 1-3 CTR and Bash in america you lying faggots

GPD Win can be decent with proper settings, but I'd wait for the release of GPD Win 2 instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=RAFX1LJTcD0

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games_(A–L)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games_(M–Z)

I mean, where do you want to start?

I'm beginning to see why the vita flopped.

it's the WiiU catch 22 situation. They dont make AAA games on it because nobody buys them. Then people dont buy the Vita because AAA games aren't made for them.

To Nintendo's credit they seem to be trying their best not to let nogames happen with the Switch. Which ultimately, is what all game systems have to do to succeed. Without devs, it's just a shiny paperweight.

Was that true prior to the system's death in the West? Not that I'm complaining, I like muh lewd weeb games. It's decent for homebrew too.

This could have saved the Vita, and if done now, it perhaps would start making people buy Vitas, even if years later of release.

If even possible to emulate PS2 on Vita?

They outjewed the 3ds at the time, I'm sure they can come up with something more cancerous than SD cards getting locked to a system, paid online that needs a mobile phone for voice chat while mobile phones cause connectivity issues with the joy cons, screen-scratching $90 dock (yes one came with the console but theh were actually selling separate ones at that price), and the over the top price for a decent controller that doesn't even have analog trigger.

BUT THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH PAID ONLINE
EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT, SO ITS OK WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT
Besides, you get a FREE NES or SNES game!
for a month, until its deleted. No you dont get to choose what game it is, and yes, they still cost $5 each

Maybe Sony will re-release the Vita now that the Switch Launch is totally botched with Tiger Electronics tier hardware quality.

Making new Vitas should be cheaper now that the components are no longer cutting edge.

At the very least we don't have to worry about all the Vita game developers immediately jumping ship to Nintendo.

DELETE THIS

That's on par with psn

I love the guy, but a few hardware problems on few people are not a sign of botched hardware on masse.

Not to mention the original Xbox was known to have an incredibly high amount of system failures, and yet it was fairly successful.

It's more than a few. The Switch is on par with the PS4 and Xbone launches in terms of botched consoles.

Still nowhere near as bad as the original Xbox 360, though.

Do we have numbers to compare?

It is just a few. It's not as massive as he's trying to make people believe. If it had been you would see half the internet complaining about it and Nintendo being on complete defence mode.

I mean shit, even if you go to the nintendo reddit there's not a single complaint about it on the main page. I know you're gonna chuck this up to buyer's remorse, but let's be real, that doesn't work on this scale.

You mean the Xbox360 right?

The only problems OG Xbox has (stuck disk tray, and clock capacitor leakage) take years to develop symptoms.

The OG Xbox is built well (easy modding) and has some nice hidden gem games.

Too bad Microsoft listened to all the normalfags bitching about muh HUEG and designed the Xbox360 too small to allow for adequate cooling resulting in a 54% failure rate.

yeah sorry

PS+ games stay forever, or as long as your subscribed, which, if you do the math, comes out to 75 cents a game (6 games per 12 months, for $50, amazon price)
not to mention theyre all games newer than 3 years old at least. not 30+

oh so you havent heard??

Cooling wasn't the problem, it was the fact the design was rushed to beat PS3 to market a year early. Even the production lines and procedures weren't ready.

At the beginning, half of all 360s rolling off the line were immediately found to be faulty. And the ones that weren't had only passed a single very basic QA test - if they could run Perfect Dark for 10 minutes without crashing.

As we all know, it ended up costing MS almost a billion dollars, but it was worth it; the 1 year lead gave them a market majority for most of the generation.

Forced subscription for shit you don't want just to play games online is complete ass no matter how you slice it.
At this rate I'm going to have to play Frontier if monhun is one of the games that requires an online subscription.

It's the "as long as you remain subscribed" part that make sure me say it's on par.

This still doesn't give us an idea of the failure rate, just that there is one.

Would the Vita have survived (not been discontinued) if it had more of a focus on Madden, COD, Candy Crush, Hearthstone, and other normalgroid games?

shit that reminds me, did that COD game on the vita even end up being good or not (for a portable)? I've never even seen gameplay

it was incredibly shit, because it was rushed out in around 6 months to meet christmas.

The backstory: Activision promised Sony a port of Black Ops 2 for the Vita for xmas. The studio they outsourced it to dicked around for a few months before they realised they couldn't do it.

At the same time, Nihilistic Software finished Resistance Burning Skies for the Vita, which was a cheap shit rush job. Activision noticed this, saw they had a viable FPS engine on the vita, and hired them to quickly shit out a CoD game to fulfill their agreement with Sony.

It is like 15 million now, which isn't impressive, but still higher then the Game Gear.

Maybe COD and Sports, but that is a big if. A large part of normalfag games like Candy Crush is free on mobile, so no reason to pay more money just to play a free game.

oh man, that looks significantly worse than Killzone.

well hey, at least its not as bad as the DS or phone games.
or god forbid, Bad Company 2 mobile