Open World

why did you buy the game OP?

Why haven't I heard anything about the sales data for this gam? Wheres the 8 million sony :^)

So what is it like so far OP?

I wouldn't be surprised if it bombed hard
There is no way in hell it would even scrape anything close to 8 million even in a decade.

thanks for the dubs thread

Fucking fags, read the third pic, OP is a nigger but you guys are fucking gay for not getting the joke

what joke?

The zelda game is not as open world as it was hyped up to be.

But this isn't Zelda retard

You guys are a bunch of unfunny autists and should feel bad.

This is so sad.

I remember a time when games were actually trying to be consistent within their own rules and mask boundaries like it meant something.

What happened?

Open world games are the gayest shit ever. I think I've played 3 that I ever thought were good. They always try and do too much and as a result almost no aspect of the game really sticks out. I'd describe it as being a jack of all trades, but that is being too generous. It's more like a suck shit of all trades. You'll have these games where absolutely nothing is done right. The npcs, dialogue, quests, locations, combat, etc., all low quality.

I thought I was the only one who hated these games

4 THE FUCKING PLAYERS LMOA

This is a clear case of asking "Can we program this?" without asking "Should we program this?"

Who the hell wants to be teleported to their last save for walking too far in an open-world game?

HOLY JESUS

If I get dubs you will choke in nigger cum for your stupidity

You must be very new here.

The ID's are zero automatically when you use TOR

He's baiting you for reactions, and you retards a falling for it hook, line, and sinkers. How the fuck there are a steady stream of retards like you fucks that keep falling for it is beyond me.

And then these retards who fall for the people who are "falling" for the bait

Only 2 posts and I already made the thread better.

It's very confusing at this point.

Don't make excuses for them.

Haha! You retards took the bait where I acted like I was taking bait!! Holla Forums:100 - Reddit:0

Hah! Hoisted by your own petard, as I like to say! You fell for the bait, of the people who fell for the bait, for the people who fell for the bait!

Excuse me! You fell for my bait taffer, I was merely pretending to be foolhardy

This cannot be!! A quadruple bait is impossible to pull off!!
Unless… you are a jew master

close, but not close enough mortal

Open world is the new chest-high wall third-person shooter. Only open world games that work well in my opinion are the ones that make exploration fun enough that you never really get bored doing all the damn travelling.

wad da fug is going on ITT :DDD

Is this shit actually real or is it a big ruse?

wew

(you)

eat shit niglet

F*cuckin code monkey sh*thead swear to god im gonna find ya and beat your fukkin brains in

Literally every open world game who's map doesn't wrap around does this.

Apart from the reloading your save shit but then who's bothering with this crap after what we've already seen of it?

Xenoblade doesn't

Most dont because most wall the edges of the world in some form, usually with impassable mountain ranges or particularly deep and particularly "shark"-infested waters.

Horizon and BOTW are both bestsellers so i think we can safely assume that the open world retards are the dominant audience.

Its amazing, sonyggers are defending the game more then they are actually buying it.

I can't find gameplay videos, can't find many youtube reviews, can't find many lore theory shit.

Normally fanboys, tumblrites or others can talk about nothing it sperg about some shallow game they like to try to make it more in depth.
But, now there is nothing.
Just, fucking nothing.

Even on Metacritic there are hardly any reviews you got 500+ tops, with 400 10/10sonyggers and 150 0's.

IIRC GTA:SA doesn't have invisible walls, it just has an endless ocean

I like how in 5 if you go out too far into sea your engine will cut off if you take plane or boat.

What else is new?

The only ways to do "open world" well is a game like Morrowind, or a game like Daggerfall. Anything else is shit.

In GTA:SA if you go too far the game locks you in place but keeps the physics going as if you were moving. You can fly for an hour outside the map but if you turn around and look, you were as close to the map as you were 30 minutes in. It gives you the illusion you're moving but you're actually standing still.

I swore off this game when I heard Ashly Burch was involved.

I don't feel the need to play everything.

Don't post that shit, the AI will notice.

In Skyrim you get cockblocked by mountains.

Skyrim mostly used mountains, but it also had some "lol cant go there" messages.

But you can climb them.

You could climb the one he was talking about.

the joke is you bought the game!

What would you prefer?
Any open world game being set on an island?
Or in an area completely surrounded by impassable mountains?

Agreed.

No preference, a good developer should be able to come up with creative ways to mask walls without breaking immersion.

Why not both?

game?

A surreal island in space, surrounded by giant Lovecraftian tentacles.

I think its might be Killer is Dead but I never finished it so I'm not certain.

just say you never even played it bucko

So, Dishonored.

Never played it, but now you got me interested

Does Gothic reload your save if you go in the "wrong" direction?
lmao tard

don't get too interested, dishonored is 4/10 shit.

What?
Thaa'ts not the second boss…?
TMoon king is like the last boss.
The second boss was the uh.
the.
first was alice..
wasn't second dracula?

Nah, he's the second boss.

Kerbal Space Program

whaaaat.
isn't steven the last boss?
I..really don't remember…

I meant David.

Nah, that game doesn't have 18 quintillion planets

pretty sure we all knew it was gonna be shit. still, this blatant lying … reminds me of no man's sky

Don't mean you're ever coming back.

It is very nice comparison to GTA San Andreas.
If you were to leave area in there you would get 4 stars imminently. You also had to find some way to cheat game to allow you to leave.
So devs both made sure you won't go there by accident and if you did you would be hunted down but could survive if you are good enough.

Instead of world design you have invisible walls and instead of good reason to not wonder there it just game load. It is not like a lot of enemies could just attack you and invisible wall would be just warning.

Has any of the fuckers who says modern games are great ever played anything pre 2007?

Jesus fucking Christ, that's terrifying.

What if you take a car?

I always feel bad for that dog whenever I see this image.

Seems to me they deliberately made him vomit to purge whatever shit he swallowed down.

Yeah, I know. I get that they're trying to help him. Still makes me feel sorry for him. Guess I'm just a pussy.

Nah, I always feel bad when dogs are in pain. On the other hand I can stare at starving niglets and not feel a thing.

Every time with you sonyggers. You're not even telling the truth here too.

I feel bad for them, too. Empathy is a curse, but I wouldn't give it up for anything. Polite sage for off-topic blogposting.

is that the new far cry?

It's the Dyke Expansion for Primal.

user, I can't even. I'm literally shaking. How DARE you not want to play a game where the main character is a "stronk indypendynt nappy-hair Down Syndrome ginger womyns"?

its subnautica
yeah its scary

hey, how was Diluvion and those crab legged ships?

Buggy turd with little content and boring gameplay.

The Leviathan always gives me the heeby jeebies. Have they added those two other sea monsters that are meant to be way bigger yet?

Xenoblade Chronicles X? It did, it has a green wall you can't go through, but you have to go way out into the ocean to get to it. They hid the limits of the open world by putting the limits in an area you wouldn't want to go to anyways. Looks like Zero Dawn fucked up, those screenshots show places that I want to explore but the game is telling me no.

Meanwhile, you have to be pretty autistic to find the green barrier walls in Xenoblade. I think one day I just started flying in my doll to see what would happen if I flew away into the ocean. I found some cool islands with tyrants and stuff, and rare blue items but that was really it.

Fuck

the only open world i enjoyed recently was dying light, there was always something to find in that game. id say dyin g light was a better dead rising game and open world game

It was too good to be true anyway.

He is. The way the game works is every boss has 3 phases. It turns out, your first fight with him, counts towards his 3 phases; the final boss fight is his last 2 phases.

They is a Dream Lady boss who does the same; you fight her 3 times throughout the game, but only has 1 phase per fight as oppose to the other bosses with 3.

OP here

I'm not sure if those are hard permanent limits or temporary.

The first image I got from trying to climb up a mountain. You can get pretty dang far up before it gives that message, and that's only by jumping around like a damn monkey. It's also kind of a one way trip once you get high enough up since there's no way to go down slowly enough to not kill yourself.

The second image is from an area that suggests it might be available later, but I can't for the life of me figure out why it's not available now.

Third image same thing, but I also clearly see collectibles over where the game isn't permitting me to go, so… I'm not sure what the fuck is going on. It could be an error of the game just spawning shit where it shouldn't (I once saw a fox spawned INSIDE a boulder) or it could be a case of me just going too far for the current main goal's taste.

It's just bad game design, even if it's just temporary. They should just have some scary as fuck enemies that are OP as fuck blocking you.

I'm finding it difficult to imagine how that would work given you can take on just about any enemy with just the default bow and tripcaster AND you can outrun most enemies (especially on a mount) without much consequence.

Any insurmountable foe at that point in the game is almost always going to be insurmountable unless some deus ex machine gets rid of it, and that's not much better.

There's no "good" way to restrict access in an open world game. It shouldn't be restricted at all and they should have worked the story and lore around it better.

Verticality generally works.

The leviathans are just babies

There's plenty of ways. Like user said, strong enemies, or temporary barriers that make logic given the plot, "walls" that require some sort of special equipment to pass, etc.

Gating is not a new concept and good developers can use it to pace the game out and keep it novel by allowing the introduction of new things at just the right moment, or the change of an already familiar area when it starts getting stale.

Source?

While Jak and Daxter isn't Open World the sequels were and did this as well.
Crysis did it as well and I'm sure that you can find something on land that does the same.
Invisible walls are shit tier and lazy design.

Markiplier's comment section on youtube.

That they are, it's even worse when it's just a few lines of text telling you you can't go there. That's nigger tier laziness and just goes to show that the developers didn't give a flying fuck about the product.

Then again HZD feels like a game made using a checklist, all of it is just so soulless and cheap. You have the multiculturalism, the ugly female lead, the formulaic open world gameplay that was done by every other open world game before, the shitty gimmick they use in advertisement that turns out to be completely underused, etc.

Don't know what that poster is getting at. Dishonored is not even open world. Still an alright game.

The biggest issue is that it gives you all these toys to play with but the game is so easy and the enemies so lacking in ways of detecting and fighting you that there is no point in using them unless you're goofing off.

But its exclusive so it must be good

gothic games were alright
but with them i usually ended up getting lost with no direction and quit out of boredom

I mostly liked it for everything but the gameplay. Like I said it's "alright". Play it once but never pay money for it.

I'd rather hear it from the developers. You know, people who won't necessarily be executed on the day of the rope and who would actually fucking know the answer.

Then again, the MC is a mulatto, so they may well be taken care of.

I think this is a very good example.

I own a ps4 and I am not defending the game. It looks like trash and I am having fun with Nioh.

God I fucking hated the angry video game nerd reviewer but this "super bunnyhop" brand sophistry is getting really stale.
at lest I still have Classic Gaming Room

What a joy to watch, Gothic II just can't get enough love.

One of them is, another is still in development but the model is all done.