Monday morning horror thread: Mondays are true horror edition

The heck happened to the horror threads? There are so many horror games no one ever talks about and we haven't played it. Get in here because we're having a new one.

As a bonus, have Detention 返校. It's pretty alright from what I've played.

Detention 返校 1.2.0
openload.co/f/er6BOe3egew/

Make sure to copy the cracked .exe to the main folder. For anyone with the game showing up in Chinese, open the file config.json located in \Detention_Data\8_Translations and change the very first line that says: "selected":"ch" to "selected":"en"

Just started playing Bloodborne, and these things give me the chilly willies.

Oh come on, it's a fucking copy-paste of Dark- What the fuck is that?!

No really. What the fuck is that thing and why is it not in a proper horror game?

If you consider bloodborne to be horror, then dark souls is better horror. Themes and enemies may be horror themed, but gameplay went the complete opposite direction. They removed limited healing, made combat more fast-paced, and gave you a safe haven. Switching the player from a wretched undead to a fucking predator is also pretty much a slam dunk in the action game direction.

Personally it's the "body horror" or really fucked up creatures that gets me.

The game may be easy but i'll still shit myself seeing some unnerving enemy for the first time. Fuck ayylmaos from bloodborne

There's a more aggressive and more repulsive form of the celestials in Dark Souls III, they call them Ghru. They look even more alien.

Body horror you say?

Bumping with Calling.

I'm modding system shock 2, just a small thing but it's supposed to make things spookier. At least for one who knows the original by heart already.

Working with fear for effect is harder than just adding features. I guess working with emotion doesn't let me focus as autistically as I could.

Good morning, Garfield.

Reminder that everyone should play the first three Fatal Frame games as well as the first four Silent Hill games for the best horor experience.

I've been playing lots of doom 3 in VR which is an awesome experience and felt really clusterphobic yet really bad ass dodging agitated skeleton's rockets

Body horror and gruesome stuff like that sickens me. But what really frightens me is being defenceless. Playing as Guts in the Musou going up against demons isn't a big deal because I've got that massive big ass sword. But during the eclipse, items are stripped away from you, the monsters get harder and you really do feel powerless.
I can face the dark if I'm properly equipped. But when there's only one round left and a horde of monsters after you, sometimes it's better to take the cowards way out.

You might like alien isolation if you like the feeling of "I'm equipped, but I'm defenseless as shit" kind of game

I love that shit, Isolation really scratched that itch for me. What other games do that?

What the fuck, are you that retards that record themselves being scared like little girls on shit games like amnesia?

Clock tower the first fear and Haunting Ground comes to mind. Both those games are about you being a helpless young girl chased by psychos, and you can only hide.
Haunting Ground throws in a rich helping of sexual horror as well.

Hmm those kind of games are so rare since it's in a fine line between completely defenseless city with games like amnesia and well equipped town like fear and afraid of monsters. Resident evil and silent hill is in a far different spot.

Check "sir you are haunted"' or something similar. It's not really horror, but it gives you the same "I am defenseless but I can slowly equip myself" kind of thing

Is Silent Hill Homecoming decent ? I just found it in my Steam backlog but I don't know if it's one of the trash one, I only know that I have a 60fps fix I downloaded ages ago.

Wait, is that from the Wii game?

I hear the PC port is lacking, but you might as well go all the way and experience how shit it is for results.

Thanks Nintendo.

They're all the trash one after 3.
With the possible exception of shattered memories, which, while misguided in its no-combat approach, at least is so different from the rest it can be interesting on its own

True horror is knowing you will always be alone

I have it for the 360 and have never played it. We can experience true horror together.

It is a terrible SAW rippoff that ruins the character of pyramid head

No, everyone knows that life working menial jobs you hate is the true terror

Speaking of SAW why did Konami buy the rights to make games for it?

Its a Wookie Zombie of course!

The scariest thing I played was my peanus weanus :DD

After playing some more Detention, I urge everyone here to give it a shot. It definitely feels like a low-budget game that would have come out during the golden years on PS1/2.

Yes, it's a wii game.

It's shit Andy. Shit!

It hurts. Fatal Frame 4 was so shit, I wasn't even worth the amount of work to translate.

What a sweet .gif

Is that wii CALLING game any good?

It's ok for what it is. Nothing superb, but it does have good atmosphere. Feels like a ps1/early ps2 game in many ways, one of them being the void that constantly surrounds you. It's a Sunday/Saturday night game.

Well I'm definitely getting it then. Cheap at my gamestop

What about the the Grudge game on the wii, if you have played it?

Why are Japanese references/parodies less subtle than American ones? In Nameless Game they called the DS the TS, shit like that.

Its spooky but unless you can get it for dirt cheap just pirate it because it is really short, 2 hours.

I saw it for 30 bucks. What a steal.

The TS in nanashi no game is just part of a pretty large trend in the DS library (and other nintendo consoles but it was more prevalent in the DS) to incorporate the console into the game. It's in stuff like devil survivor, contact, another code, and it was never about a subtle reference, just sorr of an immersive meta thing. You have a DS just like the characters ! Don't you feel like you're into the game ?

I guess its better than being jewed online.

I dont know why though, but it kinda worked better in Devil Survivor than in this, probably because the COMPs looked similar but were heavily modified. In Nameless Game though it feels hard to swallow the idea of a cursed game because all those shitty vidya creepypastas nowadays even though this was released way before that craze.

Its a shame since it has a genuinely creepy atmosphere for a DS title.

It's one of those games where I think you have to be Japanese to be able to enjoy it, because only they could enjoy something SO FUCKING SLOW!

In all seriousness, it's not bad for a "Haunted house simulator" Another Sunday game with cheap scares. Yes, that box art is real.

Just pirate. The Wii is damn easy to mod.

Because just like western developers nowadays, they think that references are HILARIOUS.

You guys are fucking pathetic

Siren is often mentioned, but isn't so good it would be in every thread.