ZELDA Breath of the Wild GAMEPLAY thread

ZELDA Breath of the Wild GAMEPLAY thread

Can we actually talk about the fucking gameplay?

"Open-world". Outposts filled with enemies and useless teasure. Quick travel points with little micro room puzzles that become copy-pasta "combat test". Stamina system to slow the game down. Autistically picking up and disposing of equipment that breaks. Map and quests telling you everything you need to fetch. Recipe system that's just best ignored. Repeat same pattern of run through empty areas triggering tavel points for hours on end.

It's like they just played Minecraft/Elder Scrolls and called it a day. Now it's just like everything else. It doesn't hold your hand much thank goodness and it's not afraid to kill you. You can go wherever you like for the most part. But stats now play a big role. Speedruns might be interesting. The problem is you're now doing that 99% of shit nobody ever did in Zelda games, all the time. I'm not even touching on the full autism of capturing every creature and weapon with the camera.

The towns are well done. Everyone seems to have a routine. That's as much as I can say. The minute to minute gameplay consists of doing nothing interesting for the most part. I don't even know if there's dungeons in the game yet and I've played a whole bunch. I turned on Pro mode and decided to ignore instructions as much as possible. I will say I was impressed maybe a few times with the stuff I chanced upon like the dragon at the top of the snow mountain, which I scaled with 3 hearts and nothing but a large supply of apples.

What's your thoughts? Definitely going to return my Switch if I bother to finish the game. Can't be wasting $500 on this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J_TzYGd9pjk
8ch.net/zoo/catalog.html
8ch.net/zoo/res/14665.html
twitter.com/Summersett_
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

allright someone give me the quick rundown on BOTW

it's just waggle and wahoo for retards

next question

Desaturated open world walking simulator with puzzle elements. Zelda is still shit, big surprise.

How does it feel having not played a Nintendo game since 2008?

good luck getting an objective overview instead of emotionally charged meme shit.

Best game you will play all year, puzzles where you figure out the rules and how to solve them, secrets in the overworld with tiny hints, you will probably pass lots of these without noticing a thing. strange events that you aren't sure were scripted or not, combat which is hard but also fair, great mini puzzle dungeons, I've only met one I didn't like and that was the one under the Deku Tree, apart from the combat challenges, they aren't bad I'd just rather do a proper puzzle instead, but I've only met about 3 out of 40 mini dungeons, Also the game is charming, I keep finding the stupidest most loveable things, but I'd rather not spoil them, they are too good, I'm more than 20 hours in and I've just completed the second goal on the main quest, I'm enjoying too much of the rest of the games content to care.

I will probably finish the game in a week or two so you need to give about a month for proper opinions on the game to come out. It certainly does the open world aspect better than anything before it, it's more morrowind than Skyrim or Farcry.

I like the swordplay. The combat is much much faster than Elder as Scrolls, as well as more tactical, especially since there are no invincibility frames so you have to watch your positioning if you plan to block or dodge. As for the shrine puzzles, I've found a few good ones, and a few that are pretty fucking lazy, like "put the ball in the socket, but the ball is is underwater and you have to pull it out with the magnet bet it took you 10 minutes to figure that out, right?" Exploring is a blast, and weapons breaking forces you to change your tactics and improvise constantly, but they break way too fast, even the high level royal guards swords and shit. The only weapon with decent durability is the Master Sword. There are only five dungeons in the game, and while I liked the puzzles offered in the divine beasts, the only one that was long enough to be satisfying was Hyrule castle. Final boss was also way too fucking easy with the ancient shield.

fun game if your groove is exploration and sightseeing. but for Holla Forums and other contrarian corners of the internet, it will be shit until the next one comes out as the zelda cycle demands

Oh and there's no reward for recovering all your memories which is GAY

I figured the metal bowl and ball one out straight away.

Desperately needs weapon repair and easier stamina upgrades to get the most out of collecting your own weapons you enjoy and traversing the world.

That was on my list of things I might do to see if there is anything. The bitch tells you to come see her again when you do them all?

I got the Master Sword before the memories. Maybe she would have told me where it was if I hadn't, but for me she just told me it was time to fight Ganon. Spoiler: There's a thirteenth memory, still no reward for finding it, so pointless

Open world is how the franchise began. It's coming back to its roots, in a way. But yeah, it borrows from plenty of recent normalfag-open-world games. The fact that it's difficult is a relief though

you need to recover all eighteen memories, this includes those that you get by proceeding with the story

it has to do with the "multiple endings" thing nintendo hinted at a couple of months ago

What a fucking mess of todd howard level idea guys of a game

Its a fucking ubisoft tier open world where literally nothing with the same enemies everywhere
Weapon degrading is fucking dumb, cooking takes too long to make a lot of things, the fuck is there 10 types of mushrooms, why the fuck would you add a stamina bar, motion controlls absolutely suck for the dungeons that need them, fucking fetch quests, fucking skyrim level melee combat so boring as fuck, dodging is fucking shit, combat overall is so many steps back from TP, fucking weather that hinders your movement so you cant climb shit, weather that does damage to you if you have metal weapons, a fucking camera and camera quests, no hook shot or boomerang so even less puzzels, ni no kuni voice acting, 10 fps

I dunno what else i can say, its not really a good zelda and ite a average game if you like ubisoft open worlds

ZELDA IS A FAGGOT

I kinda like it

Oh and the horse is fucking useless aswell

While the rain and the weapons degrading are fine complaints, yes, there is a boomerang, and the combat is fun.

There is a sword that is a boomerang its not a zelda boomerang
Combat is shit

There is also a wooden boomerang

Find a horse
I guess that's the price you pay to make sure he doesn't spawn in mountains or escapable places and shit.

I've heard that the game somehow runs better in portable mode than in docked. How the fuck is that even possible?

720p vs 900p

I like it. It's what I'd expect large open-world games to become many years ago and yet nobody ever made something close to this.
It's not that it's some amazing masterpiece, it's just that it's much, much better than the competition and I honestly want to see this improving even further.
Setting the bar at Breath of Wild does place a lot of other games in the shitter, as they should, and further improvements can only help.

I know a lot of people are not gonna appreciate this but the ability to climb practically any surface really does it for me. Toddposting memes aside, the truth is that it gives you a lot more freedom to actually go wherever the fuck you want. It's great to climb tall houses to look at a village or to see a big mountain overlooking the area and know very well that you can climb it and get a breath-taking view from it. And that this all doesn't depend on shitty physics bugs to accomplish on your end.
I don't know if there's grappling hooks, but I'm seriously hoping for one

The "ubisoft towers" are really not that at all. Climbing them only gives you topographical data about the region you are in, it doesn't mark anything on your map. They tend to be well located that you can scope out a lot of shrines and other places from them but you could do that from any mountain at all.

The combat is nice enough, the weapon degrading will take time to get used to. Lots of people are too attached to their weapons that taking them away is gonna be frustrating. But it's neat that I'm forced to constantly look for newer ones and try different weapons all the time. I don't think that I'd ever wield pitchforks and hoes if there wasn't a need for that.

I actually like the horse not magically appearing near you. It makes the idea of going into a journey much better when you have to mind the path you take and turns the horse into an actual companion you have to care for and worry about.
I bet a lot of people here haven't even tried this but you can drop apples and other food in front of the horse and he will eat it for a bond boost.
It's pretty neat and riding them is much more fun than previous games. They keep their speed when riding so you can just set them running and then look around without having to keep the stick tilted. Feels a lot more like riding a horse.

The crafting is actually how I wanted most crafting in videogames to be made (despite still needing more depth and some tweaks).
No Skyrim, I don't want a list of recipes where I have 3/4 ingredients and a total of 65 recipes that I can't make because I'm missing a single ingredient for all of them.
I want a pot I can pour water\alcohol\(base chem) into and then dump stuff inside that has it's effects mixed to make something usefull.
Recipe lists are rigid and there's little room for depth or creativity. Cooking in BotW isn't very deep either (a single effect and healing at best) but this is indeed how things should be done.

tl;dr
It does a lot of things very well, it tries a lot of new things (amazing for Nintendo, really) and is what you'd expect open-world games to be if they didn't sucked so hard.

Probably a CPU bottleneck being unable to render at a higher resolution

What I want to know is how does it run on the best platform, the definitive platform, the only platform?

Enjoyable game that has too many Ubisoft and Bethesda shills butt hurt that the open world games they played are lazily made with poor combat controls.

One boss battle in Zelda Botw has more effort and strategy than any enemies from Ass Creed or Sky fail will ever have.

Nope

I'm getting tired of all these BotW threads clogging up the catalog.

what, ps4? It's a nintendo game so it wasn't released on the only viable platform this gen.

Think Mcfly!
THINK!
cemu.info

Truth hurts doesn't it? Enjoy your game where enemy's take turn fighting you because they don't want to ever force the player to use actual skill to beat them.

I think CEMU is still not really able to do anything with it. Or rather, the dev doesn't want to do anything about it until its gibs from the public come in.

That's why i'm saging the thread.

What the fuck are you even going on about
Just because ubisoft shit sucks doesnt make this any better because its nintendo

So basically Wind Waker.

Skyward Sword elements.

Twilight Princess.

The game also has numerous other stunt elements like Twilight Princess, except from what I can tell as someone who hasn't played BOTW, they're not as terribly obvious and world-eating (expansive) as some of the spinner and clawshot courses.

Is there more to this?

For a second there i thought that younwere talking about MGSV

did you mean

But is it a 10/10

oh, emulation. Sorry I don't help niggers.

That's what you'll be doing most of your time.

Obvious shills aside, this game is barren. The combat is okay and the crafting system works for what it intends you to do, but it's taken all the worst things about open world games and magnified them. Huge expanses of nothing will take up most of your time, while the shrines you manage to find are always braindead easy. Hell even the "dungeons" are easy as fuck and incredibly short.

Its just got this high level of tediousness for most aspects of it

Basically dragon dogma did everything its trying to do just a lot better

Essentially this. The people and reviewers rating this 10/10 are people who passed over Dragons Dogma for being "too hard". Because they're shit at video games.

No

dragon's dogma isn't hard, it's just very repetitive and ultimately uninteresting due to its shallow combat.

I really like that they've actually experimented with the zelda formula a bit for this one. It really feels like they have taken their cues from zelda 1, rather than ALttP like every other 3d Zelda.

In saying that, I really hate the weapon degradation. It just straight up sucks. It's especially offensive to me when you pick up one of the champions relics, hundred year old artefacts from hyrule's golden age, and they break in 3 fights. You go back to whoever gave them to you, tell them it was broken and they're like; "Oh, you broke that priceless cultural artefact from our people's hero? No biggie, I can make another one if you give me 3 flint and a diamond."

It's also really annoying to find some great secret in the game, like the top of that snowy mountain for example, and be rewarded with a weapon that doesn't even last you the trip back down the mountain. Its shit.

I really like that the boss battles are actual battles again instead of glorified puzzles. Fighting the boss inside the gerudo dungeon was fucking great.

The "dungeons" also suck. They feel way too short. I've only done the gerudo and zora ones so far, but I finished both of them in like 15 minutes. The Zora one was particularly bad, because at least the gerudo one had you go off and do a mini dungeon beforehand. The Zoras just make you walk up a mountain and dive back down.

I'm dissapointed that there are no items, and it's pretty shitty that you don't get any more powerups for your slate after the first hour of the game. I understand that they wanted you to be able to do any dungeon in any order so they left out any times that would gate you, but I still think they could have put in a few. The grappling hook would have been a really nice addition.

The horses also suck. I have no motivation to take my horses anywhere. It can't climb mountains, and since the whole of hyrule is fucking littered with them, there's no point in taking the horse anywhere.

The game is also just too big. Too much time is spent walking from place to place with nothing interesting in between. I think they could have easily halved the size of the worldmap without making any meaningful cuts to the experience.

And I can't not mention the voice acting. What the hell were they thinking? It's the first mainline zelda game with voice acting, and everyone is going to be comparing it with the CDI games. You would think that they would go all out and fucking nail it; why would they do such a shitty job of it? I think the only voicework that I haven't hated so far is the Zora Prince. The worst by far is Zelda, and she talks the most. The old people are also particularly shitty. It sounds like a 20-something putting on an old person voice, rather than a convincing old person talking. Thankfully, the voice acting seems pretty sparse so far. In fact, if the actual voices weren't so shit, I would say that the voice acting has actually been implemented pretty well.

There are secrets everywhere, but the problems is that all the rewards are worthless. Since you can only get spirit orbs from shrines, and the only way to get pieces of heart or more stamina is by trading spirit orbs, there's no reason to do anything other than glide from shrine to shrine, with brief forays into mountain/tower climbing to gain more altitude and spot more shrines. There are also koroks that give seeds, but I don't know what do do with them. I have about 40 just sitting in my inventory.

Dragon's Dogma did everything better except combat. DDs combat was shit. It presented itself as, and played like, an action game when it was actually more about stats then player input. The best way to beat the game is to grind, rather than actually gitting-gud.

B-but it's on PC! Muh 1200fps

Normalfags bitched about it being hard is what I'm saying. Just like with Souls games.

Pretty good summation. A large expanse of nothing, and the things the game does give you more often than not mean nothing.

On the eastern road entrance to Kakariko(?) there's a giant one with marackas. You trade them to him to increase number of inventory slots for whatever you choose. He moves to the ranch just north of the great plateau after that.

It feels like in the last decade games have gotten so expensive to the point it's not worth buying them.

$250 for MonHun
$400 for Bloodborne
$400 for Bayonetta 2
$400 for Zelda

It's all a little too much for me.

Yeah, I'd rather play Nintendo's own brand of Skyrim at 20 fps on a tablet instead

I don't really remember cries of difficulty, and even then doesn't DD have a difficulty option? I don't recall - I just remember universally on enthusiast and casual forums, people were saying it's a grindy feeling game with repetitive combat.

Who said anything about Skyrim?

Pretty sure this thread is about Skyrim

Does Zelda have tits in that pic? Is he now a trap?

I'm returning my Switch and Zelda. Started playing today and the Pro Controller is wearing out already, so I'm returning it all.

It's an MGSV thread, dorkwad.

The weapon degradation is fine, it keeps the game dynamic, forcing you to use different things up to throwing your shit at people when it's nearly ready to break down (remenber that it's always a crit when it breaks down).
The only thing about weapon degradation I don't like is the inability to repair stuff consuming some other resource, be it rupees in town or a grindstone while out and about.

But that's mostly that I hoped for "inawoods" stuff. A tent you could take around with you, maybe carried by your horse, that allows you to sleep with the bonus of soft beds and some cooking pot you could take with you. We can already make fireplaces anywhere we damn well please, might as well give out the rest of the content.

I haven't found more stables besides the initial one, but I think it's not much of a problem if you can teleport near one, grab your horse and go. They can actually climb a lot of steep shit but many mountains either have paths around them or once you get whatever was on top of them, you can just come back down.

Apparently the Japanese dub is pretty nice. It's just that Nintendo didn't care much about the English dub because… Well, they're japanese, how'd they know what's good english anyway?

lol what. Can you make a coherent complaint at least?
This last generation of children are seriously spoiled brats. I hope a war is started so you can die after shitting your pants in fear.

user, why does your controller look like you were hotgluing it?

Do you seriously believe that this is how it works? Like uhh…Jesus.

Stopped reading

It's just Holla Forumss special brand of contrarianism.

People who can't deal with weapon degradation are just autists who want to keep all their toy collection, weapon repair ruined the STALKER sequels.

Keep enjoying paying for low quality shit shills!

I actually liked most of the acting, aside from Impact being mediocre, and Zelda being absolute shit. The Gerudo champion is very calming to listen to, and the Tito champion sounds exactly as smug as he should. The Goron champion sounds alright too, from what I've heard in the Memories.

Seriously, why does Zelda have that fake ass British accent? Literally noone else has it, her fucking dad doesn't have it, the closest might be the Zora champion, but if that was also supposed to be an accent it was done way better than Zelda's. She sounds like some bitch pretending to be Hermione.

Why are you on a video game board if you only play one game a year?

Most game stores and shops will let you refund within a week of purchase

Its not too late

You sound like some sort of casual whose first somewhat good game was BotW and you are easily amused by it.

Blonde women with British accents that are powerful and wise are the new in thing for fantasy so everyone has to do it.

Jesus Christ. Also, try riding different animals. Skeleton horse best horse. RIP in pieces little buddy.

You sound like a desperate shill having buyers remorse because you spent money on shit games.

Weapon degradation is fine if the game is built with that mechanic in mind.
In Breath of the Wild, you go through a few minutes of tedious shit to acquire "Legendary skullfucker blade of the Gods" and it breaks after two uses rendering your time worthless. Especially when combat already feels dull.

Stopped reading there. He's one of the worst lad.

Apparently, that's how it goes for many translations and how many translators get away with a lot of changes. Because the japanese devs never get wind to this and they don't know better.
But if it's not like that at all, please feel free to give us some inside info on how you do it in this industry.

So you just want confirmation bias.

I honestly get really sick and tired when playing shit like Skyrim where you get a weapon that you'll be keeping until you find something that's better and that's it. Maybe you'll try some weird weapon you don't normally use for fun, but you're not gonna stick with it at all.
Otherwise, it's just straight up upgrades to your gear all the time and you either have 500 tiers of gear to go through like an MMO or you get the default iron-steel-dwarven-malachite-glass-ebony-daedra progression for every single character that's reliant on your own level and not on the game.

Or better yet, how you get Artifact Weapons and now you'll use only that weapon forever because everything else is just a downgrade.
Real fun that is.

Weapon degradation should always come with a mechanic to fix or at least maintain the weapon. If you're going to acknowledge the reality that weapons degrade, you should also acknowledge that proper ownership of a weapon entails maintenance and maybe repair. It's one of those gameplay/story dissonance things - why is this game forcing me to play as some fucker who won't take care of his things?

I get really sick and tired in BoTW when I climb a mountain to get the murderfucker sword and it breaks before I even get to the bottom of the mountain. It makes exploration obsolete as a mechanic when all your shit ends up being equally useless.

That's why you differ enemy ability to ensure a change-up in inventory is necessary for optimal progression, rather than just making me unable to use my nice things unless I constantly farm flint.

Isn't that exageration, however? It'd feel very much like that if you're expecting it to last forever, but it can't possibly be after two single fights…

There are weapons that explicitly say in their description that they're very low durability, like the ancient blades or the rusty swords. But those are either temporary upgrades (the ancient blades have higher damage) or temporary solutions (the rusty swords are not that bad but they last for a very short amount of time).

Plus, it's fun to beat one of those skeletons by throwing a spear at them, then grab his arm (that animates really nicely when in your back) and beat his friends with it.

Haha what? Its that the best you got?

Do you seriously believe that the japs themselves are involved with the translation and not the the localization team mainly composed of westerners?

Except often, the downside from the enemies abilities to your weapon still doesn't make other weapons viable.
If you have a weapon that causes 100 fire damage but the enemy can resist 50, why would you switch to a weapon that only deals 40? Even fighting at a disadvantage, you're still doing better.

And this isn't considering that there are often several artifacts to cover your weakness or that they may not even be needed.
For Morrowind\Oblivion, just get Umbra for the sword with best base damage and that's it. In Morrowind specifically you can easily find all Daedric Armor pieces at lvl1 making every other piece of armor redundant.

I'd rather have a game that focus less on min-maxing your gear and instead focus on what you can do with it, much like how the outfits give you different bonus for different situations and the weapons have different movesets, strengths and weaknesses.

I seriously believe you're asking dumb questions instead of saying whatever you want to say because you're too autistic to properly articulate it with words.

I'm not going to write you a fucking book just because you take everything at face value.

No grappling hook is a deal breaker for me.

Then you do it better than the example you're describing. Have fire elemental enemies heal from fire-based attacks. Have ice golems take residual damage from fire weapons. Have lifelink weapons harm you if used on demons. You need to do this contextually and ensure that multiple weapons are carried by the player because of their uses.

Yes but that's why Morrowind doesn't scale stupidly. If you get Daedric Armor at lvl1 you went off the beaten path and probably knew explicitly where the Daedric Armor was. Of course gear is useless when you get objectively better gear, but armor is usually not meant to be something that breaks due to the fact it can brick a save if done poorly. Also I don't think you're doing a good job in your comparison. At the very least in more fleshed-out RPGs I often decide "my character is going to use hammers/axes this run" or something of the like. Breath of the Wild has one option, and there's little point to expanding that option.

But even if you would rather that game, BoTW isn't that game. It lacks things like the grappling hook or Iron Boots that would drastically change maneuverability in combat, and lacks any weapons that feel truly distinct.

Only slightly.

My friend got it on Wii U and let me borrow it while he's out of town for the weekend. (Only mentioning that because of the "you didn't play it" shills)
It's a clusterfuck of other popular games crammed together with a Zeldaish theme. Casuals love it because it's another open world game with lots of shiny distractions to keep them from noticing it's an empty world padded with busywork. I played it for a good chunk of Friday night and got bored of it. I'm not sinking a weekend into climbing towers to reveal more empty map space and autisticly going into temples for breakable weapons to stop Gannon's version of metal gears.

From a scale of Legend of Zelda to GTA what would you rate it?

This is it really. This IS the game. And it wears thin after the initial fun of leaving the plateau for the first time.

I'm looking forward to seeing people improvise speedruns with the options of going here or there first for this or that.

It's objectively the best open world game ever made and only watching gameplay footage like all the of the cool contrarian edgy Holla Forums is doing doesn't do it justice because you're not physically and mentally in control of what's going on. I'm surprised people are still being contrarian at this game just because it got high scores and is a new modern Zelda game.

Problem is that even if you do have the game and control it yourself, it mostly depends on the mentality you go in with, if you go into the game looking for things to shit on then you're going to have a bad time, the game very greatly depends on you coming in with no less than an emotionally neutral mindset like I went in with, since I'm not very fond of AAA open world games and actually Zelda too. A lot of how the game influences the player is that it builds up a base for ideas, and then constantly gives you ideas as you play. Obviously if you're in to shit on it then those ideas are just going to bounce off of you.

What this base of ideas does:

See above. It feels empty because you're not letting yourself have fun with it.

Kill yourself, logical fallacy man.

seconded. kill xerself kid fucker.

I don't take everything at face value, that's why I'm not believing the points an anonymous faggot online isn't even trying to make.
Especially when he proxyhops.

Now that… That's fucking sad…

Then you do it better than the example you're describing.
And the player will then hoard artifacts to cover his weaknesses. Just grab a flaming sword to use all the time and something that you can switch to when anything resisting flames arrives, which will still be an artifact of some kind solving absolutely nothing.

The more all out you go with this, the worse it becomes though. Either the player devotes his inventory to a swiss army knife of weapons for every situation (and this is actually cool for some characters) or you're always gonna encounter a situation that you can't beat with what you have.
So either the devs scale this down or they allow you to compliment it with party menbers that do the same.
But even then, it still solves nothing. If you need a flame weapon for some occasions, you'll find the best flame weapon the game has and use it only from that point forward. The best situation you can get is a party of 4 heroes, each "attuned" to a single element and specific situation. It still doesn't solve the linearity in the equipment or how retarded it is.

For most RPGs, you could just say your character uses swords, always has a sword on his side and instead of finding better equipment, you pick up orbs that are fused with your sword to make it better and get the exact same thing. It's shit, your equipment in most RPGs isn't equipment at all, it's just part of your skin.

Yes, it rewards metagaming. What an amazing concept. It still invalidates every other tier of armor for anyone using heavy armor.

Except that option is literally "adapt to what you have" and it keeps changing all the time, instead of shrinking like in most RPGs. Depending on the weapons you have, you can do different things but if you really want a specific weapon, you can eventually find a place to reliably get it. I've found a place where I can get fire rods whenever I want so if I brake mine (something that only happens if I strike something with it) I can go get another.

You're right, I better go buy No Man's Sky and tell myself to enjoy it.

I'm not proxyhopping, i just have an unstable connection because i live in the middle of butt fu king nowhere.

The "teasure" is occasionally useful given that your equipment breaks & arrows run out.
Not always. Many side quests I've found will only mark the quest provider on that map. You have to talk to that person to figure out where to go. It doesn't just mark the destination every time.
It doesn't "become" combat tests. The combat tests are a small set of the shine trials.
I've hated that shit since Skyward Sword & it's no less annoying in this game.
It's tedious, yet on the upside this encourages you to raid outposts & explore to find new gear. I either have too many good weapons + not enough inventory slots OR not enough good weapons + surrounded by monsters I need good weapons to take care of with decent expediency.
Why? It has annoying RNG, but you have to use it. Just eating raw things & "ignoring it" won't provide the full benefits cooking provides.
Yes. Despite the abundance of piss-easy puzzles. The game does often throw you into situations without explaining anything.
Empty space? I think there's plenty. There's always animals, hidden chests, puzzles, monsters, flora, bugs, etc. Hell, I was glad when I came to an area with less monsters & more animals after trudging through the more monster-heavy regions.
Naw.

Aside from things mentioned, my complaints are:
Horses. When you're riding a horse you are less likely to explore because the horse can't reach many places. You leave it behind & have to backtrack to use it again so it discourages you from exploring when you're using the horse so I wind up never using it. Even though you can recall horses to the stables you're still going to be abandoning them all the time to go places they cannot.
Rain. Fuck the rain. Every time you're about to climb something the rain starts up & makes everything too slippery to climb. Hope there's something to circumvent this. I don't have the full climbing gear set yet so maybe there's a set bonus that negates slippery surfaces.
No hookshot.
Boomerangs. The way boomerangs work is pretty random. Sometimes they will avoid the ground as if there's an invisible wind-buffer beneath them, other times they'll clang right into the dirt. Sometimes they'll strike an enemy & return, other times they clang off the enemy & roll off a cliff never to be seen again. On a related note, now that you can throw weapons it takes some time to train yourself to never hit the button that does it accidentally.
Separate buffs for fireproof (death mountain) & heatproof (desert). Why the fuck did they do this?
Climb towers to unlock map. This is seriously done to death & Nintendo should not have adopted this trend.
Infinite bombs. Of all the things they put limitations on this is an odd choice.
Swimming. Swimming is so gimped by stamina you may as well avoid water most of the time. Good luck if you fall off a moving raft in the ocean. There's no logic in it either. If you run out of stamina just relax & float untill it recovers. Drowning from no stamina was a stupid choice.

Things I like.
Stasis Gives me time to do things I'd otherwise not be able to do.
Magnesis Neat to drag metal things out of the water or drop them on enemies. This really doesn't damage enemies enough though.
Octorock balloons. Experiment with these things. They're fun. Your bombs have a ring on top so you can attach the balloons to them.
Hyrule Compendium. This is useful so you don't have to take a bunch of notes on everything. If you've photographed it then you'll have access to information on it & be able to track it. I wish it recorded food recipes.
Climbing. Aside from the headaches of rain (slippery surfaces) & stamina this is a welcome addition. AFAIK they don't have you climbing any large enemies which is a shame. That was really fun in Dragons Dogma.
Puzzles. Most of them are too easy, but they're pretty fun.

Meh:
Cryonis. I'd rather be able to swim well than use on this to reliably cross a liquid.

There's probably more I can't think of right now.

Meant for

Damn, I've never seen such a coldly calculated BTFO in my life.

I'm sorry 2ad3b2, but you just got analyzed and annihilated.

This, really. I have no idea what exactly were people expecting or what they are comparing it with.

I find that the large open areas can be quite barren if you're expecting every nook and cranny to be filled with something, but they make for very, very nice backgrounds as you travel around, especially on horseback and it's neat to have such great landscape around being what you actually thread on instead of being a skybox only.

The stamina system is neat since it allows devs to make clear barriers you can't pass at certain levels but you can pass them later or with some crafting on your end. It's a nice way to increase both longevity and difficulty in the game by either require that you get some Spirit Orbs or that you learn how to craft something to boost your stamina.

Switch Skyrim is going to be fucking Elder Godly and you know it.

I will actually admit that BotW is empty, there are large stretches of land with nothing going on, the thing is that that's not what you're supposed to be thinking about while travelling. What you're looking for is not supposed to be in your face until it actually appears, whereas NMS actually does shove new shit at your face but none of it matters because every interaction is the same.

Even the fucking sub-mode in DF is better than this shit. Even roleplaying in autismblocks is better than this shit. Even fucking around in darkrp makes a better "open world" game than this shit. Everything is better than this shit.

And? Your complaint was "you never need more than one weapon" and now your new complaint is that the player will hoard weapons? You just want to justify your shitty taste here, endlessly increasing the standards you're not applying to the game you're praising because it fails at the most base level of those criteria.

But this solves the exact problem you wanted solved! What the fuck do you even want at this point, I get that you're desperate to defend BoTW's shitty gearing system and dumbfuck method of implementing weapon degradation, but you have now contradicted everything you complained about by bitching about the exact opposite.
You're assuming player omniscience here. How do you know what flame weapon is the games best? How do you know where to find it? How did you find that out? If you're looking online for optimal builds then no fucking shit you're ruining the game for yourself.
That's a spectacularly stupid point, weapons in RPGs are different in terms of stats and effects but not in dynamic combat, what a fucking shocker.

Breath of the Wild invalidates anything but going straight to the 4 dungeons, or straight to Hyrule Castle to fight Calamity Ganon since you can beat all the bosses and dungeons without needing any upgrades. You don't need to change anything you have from the start.

So why would I explore off the beaten path if the only use these things have is to make the intended path easier? I would not. It's rendered pointless to explore because your rewards are so short-lasting that you'd have better spent your time just doing what the game intended.

I find that Breath of the Wild can be quite barren if I expected it to be enjoyable but it made for a fantastic Coaster for my drinks.

I guess that's because otherwise they'd have to give you some form of local infinite bombs (bugs that explode when struck) or spread out a lot of them in chests.
They really are unlike arrows since you do require them to pass some obstacles and forcing the player to backtrack because he didn't brought enough bombs, especially if you don't have the rupees for one is boring.

Do these work out of water too? I haven't tried them much, figured the idea was to get things floating. However, I have one of those leads to blow wind and if I can attach one of these things to a bomb…

Actually you're wrong. Right in the starting plateau near a forest, there was a rock golem that you could climb over to strike a weak spot on his back (and you deal extra damage with a hammer). It was a pretty nice surprise since I wasn't expecting climbing to be extended to those guys. I hope there's more like them.

The game literally has stat counters on every weapon

You're supposed to be selling this game not shitting on it.

I'd relish if Ubishit actually paid for shilling against Breath of the Wild.

That would only end badly.

I'm only a few hours into it, so I really only have two major complaints about it.

Shrines suck. The puzzles are stupidly easy, but since the only way of increasing stamina/hearts is directly tied to completing them, you are best served by running from shrine to shrine. They almost instantly start to feel like a chore you must complete for forms sake.

Which tangentially ties into weapon degradation. There is no point in exploring every nook and cranny since every other weapon breaks in 0.00000000001 swings. I would not mind this so much if the inventory slots weren't so limited, but as far as I know, that is no way of increasing it. You very frequently run into a situation where you are stuck with a +99999 assraper sword of the ultimatum that you do not wish to break on trashmobs, limiting your actual arsenal to shitty rusty swords and tree branches.

The climbing is ace though. It's the first open world game I've ever played where I can really, truly believe old Todd's lies.

You can't really complain about a game made for kids being too easy. That's your fault for not pressuring Nintendo like Star Trek fans pressured that tv network.

That doesn't mean what you think it means. Look back through the posts, we're discussing RPGs in general. Yes you can read the stats, but that only means anything when you've compared it against every other weapon. You can't know which weapon is "the best one in the game" without having seen its alternatives.

Forgot to turn off the flag, didn't you?

Honestly, I think all Aonuma needs to learn from this is that weapons need a little better durability as well as repairs and that there needs to be more enjoyable secrets to reward a thirst for adventuring.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those.

Here's something you can do with Octorock balloons. I've used this method to escape the normal boundaries of some puzzles in the shrines. An easier way to do this is to freeze the object with Stasis first. For example, I cut down a tree & freeze it into place with Stasis then attach balloons to both ends & stand in the center. This allowed me to rise, leap off & reach a high-up objective when it was raining & otherwise impossible to climb up & get it.

That's a means to keep the interest of people with ADD/ADHD/Autism like most of Holla Forums has.
You're stupid for saying this because that wasn't the point I was trying to make.
You're supposed to be taking interest in places you see in the distance and making the decision of whether to go there or not based on what you've got.

I am giving my thoughts on it because I hate that Holla Forums is contrarian all the time, I'm trying to educate, not sell since no matter what I say will ever convince anyone no matter how well I articulate or show my points because people like you fall back on confirmation bias but I'll elaborate anyways.
You're not supposed to have something to see or do every minute of the game, you're supposed to see something you like, then actually go to it yourself, not have it forced upon you.

I don't actively look for them until the annoying radar starts freaking out or until I get close enough to one I marked while doing other stuff, so I haven't run into that problem. Also if my understanding of the Blood Moon is correct, you should probably avoid doing them early.
You can increase it with the shit Korok's give you, there's an NPC you'll find on the story path, who then moves to another important area when the story gets looser
I eventually realised that since you're fighting trash mobs most of the time anyways, I'm a lot looser with my weapons and happier for it.

Does this constitute a valid argument now?
I like traveling through beautifull scenery with little going on during downtime, I don't require the game to be 200% action from start to finish. It helps with the pacing if there's calm times where all you do is look at a canyon from the back of your horse while crossing a bridge.

No. My complaint is that equipment is static and linear in how you adquire and use it. Just get the best weapon and swing it for the rest of the game, if it doesn't cut it in this situation, get a weapon that does, solve it and then switch to your main weapon. Repeat until credits roll in.

Specific situation so we're clear on this: Neverwinter Nights 2 has a small Lizard Cave that you can visit right after you meet Khelgar. Inside that cave, there's a mace called Bone Phoenix, an enchanted mace that deals fire damage.
From that point forward and way past my stay in Neverwinter, that's all Khelgar will ever use because it's just that good and you can't find much better. And any situation with an enemy that resists fire will be handled by me, Neeshka or Elanee, Khelgar has no need to switch weapons.

In the most clumsy and cluterring way possible, filling your inventory with situational weapons that you'll use for one very specific enemy, defaulting to a main weapon the rest of the time. And this isn't accounting for party menbers wielding them instead making it perfectly null.

You don't need to, you just need to compare what you have now with what you found. Is it better? Switch. It isn't? Toss it away and keep swinging what you have instead.
If your weapon is never taken away from you, if it's never rendered useless, you will only change it when you find something better, but if you never find something better, you're never gonna change it, even if you don't know if there's better or not.

Stupid comparison. Going to see the rest of the game makes those dungeons and the final fight easier. They aren't required but they sure make it easier and therefore are not invalidated by them.
Finding Daedric Armor in Morrowind invalidates the rest of the armor because it literally does nothing but lower your protection value if you try to use it.

Firstly because that's the point of adventure games. To go on an adventure and see the world. It's pretty much a walking simulator but with actual gameplay, the focus here is to travel, not to beat the boss.
Secondly, because I find a cool firerod that doesn't break unless I'm too careless by going off the beaten path. Now I can rain down fireballs on my enemies and set their camps or fire or start a fireplace without flint.

It's still a good point, that it's nice to have a beautiful landscape to travel in for downtime.

But if you want something related to the point you were making, the game does a fine job at painting the interesting places against the background and from the top of a tower\mountain, you can easily see lots of places to visit where there's something interesting going on.

It's actually nice that they don't just put markers on your map, not even when you climb towers and instead you gotta look around and decide for yourself where you want to go, mark those places and travel there. The marker system does hint at a game designed to be played slowly, to explore at your own pace.

I'd refrain from using that word, you're gonna trigger a lot of people so do keep using it
There's a lot of halfchanner migrates sadly, and you can spot them easily due to how brief they are and how there's really no idea, nothing behind what they post. Unless it's a memetic opinion that they're just repeating, which is where the comparison with ubisoft towers comes from.

???
Isn't the bloodmoon just the world resetting and monsters respawning?

IS there actually weapon creation in the game? Still looking for some npc to do that. Also if you just hold single items like carrots or apples in front of the horse and walk up to them they'll just eat it out of your hand.

I'm just laughing at your sheer idiocy.

I'm pretty sure its enemy progression scaling but I could be wrong. Enemies that you're far enough away from for enough time just respawn on their own I'm pretty sure.

But you don't fucking know what that is. There is no alternative, you do the exact same shit in BoTW only your weapon breaks so you're forced to downgrade unless you mindlessly farm flint/rupees to have some guy repair your shit.

So you're saying that would have been improved if every 10 turns his weapon broke and you had to run back to town to fix it? You've still said nothing about what you propose.

BoTW has you hoarding weapons from wherever you find them, and having a bunch of rusty swords and sticks for when it inevitably breaks. You're off the deep end lad, I'm beginning to think you haven't even played BoTW because it solves none of the things you're bitching about.

I see, and BoTW is just rife with points where you toss away your greater weapons for poorer ones, isn't it? Or you just keep your good ones and then continuously re-stock on rusty swords and sticks.
If the sword you spend ages trying to obtain through X trial or task breaks within 2 minutes of you having obtained it and you are forced to swap it for an inferior one that's far easier to obtain, there is absolutely no incentive to explore the map because your rewards and non-existant.

But they don't. Because very quickly in the dungeon your best sword will break unless you save it specifically for the last boss in which case what was the point of obtaining it if you're going to use it once and then throw it away, when poorer weapons will do the job for far less effort? The difficulty isn't anywhere near high enough to warrant it.
Faggot you don't "just find Daedric Armor". You go looking for it. Morrowind is designed in such a way that by the course of normal play you will find yourself slowly and steadily growing in power to a peak, then allowing for shortcuts on subsequent playthroughs as the only barrier is player knowledge. As another user said, a better comparison is constantly hopping from Shrine to Shrine since it's the only thing that actually matters for your progression in BoTW and doesn't disappear within moments.

Confirmed for never having played an adventure game before BoTW. The focus of every game is to finish the game lad. If you want to explore then fine, but BoTW has no point to exploring since it offers you no benefit in the long run unless you hop to shrine, offers no enjoyment since Shrines are easy as piss, and becomes tedious incredibly quickly. The point of RPGs is progression, arbitrarily setting back progression for the sake of variety is not something that the game should force on a player. If I spent hours obtaining the Murderfucker sword, why the fuck should I not be allowed to use it to my heart's content?

Wow they should take that firerod from you, you don't want to be having too much fun before the weapon breaks buddy.

Doesn't seem to. You loot it off your enemies or dungeons and chests.
Clothing and armor doesn't degrade however and you can not only buy it in store but also upgrade it with Great Fairies using materials.

Crafting is mostly meals and elixirs to recover health and apply some buff to you.

I gotta go try this then, but I don't remember it happening.

Well, they specifically say in a cutscene that Ganon resurrects every monster spirit in the world during the Bloodmoon.
Although, since the Shrines do give you more health and stamina, it would make sense to increase the chalenge as you clear them.

Been playing quite a lot of this.

First off, I will say that the game pulls a slight bait and switch (hue): The first couple zones have everything semi-easy to find, meaning you're never running too far before finding a Shrine or a hidden treasure or something little stash of materials. Later areas will have somewhat more running around, depending on the area. Shrines get much harder to find and even peeking around on the top of the towers will not always give you a clear idea of where the shrines are.

That said
If you pay attention, a lot of the empty spots do have things hidden in them, like Korok challenges

You have to use contrarian carefully. Retards try to force it as a buzzword all the time and I want to kill every single one I see.

The game can be beaten in 1.5 hours. If this was on steam you could've gotten a refund after finishing the game.

This is just a stupid argument to make

How come?

Just because you can finish a game realy quickly doesn't mean that there's no more content to play.
I'm fairly sure you can finish Fallout 1 straight after getting out of the Vault, that doesn't mean that all the content inbetween is invalid or nonexistent.

Also, because it deserves repeating:

so is skyward sword good now?

You can also beat Morrowind pretty quickly.

Tons of games can be speedrun in less than 2 hours user.

Skyward Sword will never be good. Straight up an eternal black sheep even the devs regret especially in the hand holding department.

FTFY

I'm not saying that specific game could be improved since it's already tied into D&D and their own item progression for characters that has so many rules and meta-rules on how it works.

In relating to normal weapons, what can be done is add a resource like a grindstone that you can carry and find that allows you to repair your weapons when you camp out, extending their logevity. You either find more grindstones, stop by a town to buy them or you'll have to switch weapons. Losing your weapon ain't the problem, adquiring it back is, but for enchanted weapons, they can have their durability multiplied by a factor of 10 so they last much longer but be unable to repair them except by stationary methods like a specialized blacksmith.

For artifacts, this has already been solved in Daggerfall. An artifact simply can't be repaired because it doesn't degrade in the same sense that other items do. It is spent and then moves on to somewhere and someone else in another place in time. You could instead have artifacts that stay with you for a set amount of time, or as long as you perform some action every other day. Brooding Sword of Darkness stays with you as long as you murder something every day, with the requirement increasing every time so eventually you can't meet the demands. Frost Mace of Ice stays with you as long as you visit a cold biome every 3 days, etc.

Limited inventory space makes sure that doesn't happen. You pick the best you can find and leave the rest.
back to Holla Forums with you

Apparently you can't go down a mountain without spending all their durability, according to some shitposters, to the point that "you mindlessly farm flint/rupees to have some guy repair your shit".

For you. Do keep that in mind, please. The point of Minecraft certainly ain't "finishing the game", nor for Simcity or many other titles and genres.

I found a cool fire rod to shoot fireballs at people by exploring. Your point is invalidated.
I found a Great Fairy fountain where I can put resources to increase the value of my armor and unlock set bonuses. Your point is invalidated.
etc, etc

Which they will if I accidentally strike anything directly with it.

Honestly, I can't believe you're throwing this much of a bitchfit just because your weapons aren't infinite or because some people like to explore for the sake of exploring and not just to minmax their gear\stats.

Wow, just wow.

I'd like to have that as an optional mode where you regenerate life when outside of combat if you're well fed and get a buff depending on your diet instead.
But optional of course, since it's never a popular idea and not something that good for a first playthrough.

I have this habit in most games with inventory where I keep hoarding shit for "really important situations" but when I get there, I forget about them and end up never using anything. This game is really helping me stop doing that shit.

Honestly, why do they pay you? This guy is genuine, or at least very good at appearing so, and you're doing a worse job at shilling then he is. I think he's wrong on most points but at least he's coherent.

Except it doesn't because there is almost never a point where you have to choose between equal things due to durability always meaning it's best to mindlessly rotate.
Those "shitposters" are right. You're very bad at this lad.

And they run out very quickly, making it pointless to obtain them after the first time or two you play around with them.
Oh wait, except that one you found that's super durable. You know, the one you can keep for a long time? The one that's better than all its counterparts and you won't need to swap out? You know, the exact thing you're bitching about in other games but praising when it's given to you by Nintendo?
Honestly buddy, go back to the drawing board and try to seem more genuine next time. I think I'll follow everyone elses example and filter ya.

I went into this game hoping it was good, after years of passing on Nintendo releases because they were either total shit or had garbage localization. I was even willing to buy a copy if I decided I liked it enough after playing it. It honestly didn't do anything for me. Fuck you fanboy faggots, you're the reason the game industry has gone to shit from top to bottom.

Nearly every other game has solved this just by spawning it behind your back whenever and you can leave it wherever. How could this not be in BOTW.

Kill yourself commie scum.

Nothing like getting to the very final boss with all the mega-elixirs you can possibly find in the game, and not using any of them, huh?

Thanks, I guess. I'm just a faggot who owns a Wii U and likes Zelda games.. except Skyward Sword. I couldn't even get halfway through that trainwreck.

Just because someone dislikes Holla Forums doesn't automatically make them a commie you tinfoil hat wearing lunatic

I can agree with you that this game does open world far better than Skyrim, but overall I find it less enjoyable than previous Titles. Wind Waker had less going on in its world but felt more alive, had far more charm to it and the puzzles in BoTW are way too easy to be honest.

All that being said you're a cool guy. Midna is best vidya girl and it seems you are a man of quality taste.

You're that guy who say everyone is a contrarian? Haven't you tired of using your special word? Seriously, go eat a dick, it's a smarter choice for you than this whole thing you're doing with your life.

No reason to dislike Holla Forums, besides shitty moderation and the constant presence of CTR-type disinfo faggots trying to destroy the board.

Yeah, it's not an ideal Zelda game. The shrines would need to either be longer or more numerous. It doesn't feel quite right going this many hours without solving some kind of puzzle.. and it definitely feels weird not having side items.

Even just something like a bugnet or a fishing pole would be enough. I'd love a grappling hook, but I'd settle for some climbing picks or something to slightly ease the trouble of rock-climbing.

There's definitely potential here, however. If the next Zelda is like this, but with more toys and tools and opportunities to use them, I'd be quite happy.

And the fact that they invade every board and make it about politics, make it impossible to talk about anything, they constantly bring in newfags and attention to the website.
People that post on Holla Forums are usually the most cancerous users you can come across.

Holla Forums users makes up the majority population of most boards. They're not invading anything.

Because I know things and they can't kill me.

Now who didn't played the game? I keep finding good weapons around all the time that I can't take because I still have plenty in stock, I only ever have to rotate 2-3 slots that I reserve for shit like spears or other easily breakable weapons that I use on trash mobs to save the good weapons for actual fights.
I already do more with this inventory system than in most other games.

There's a guardians sword they give out on the first combat Shrine that specifically says in it's description to be of lower durability and I've picked plenty of rusty swords around.
All lasted far more than 5-10 fights and I got plenty of replacements for them if they had broke before then.

It doesn't run out. Did you played the game?

Unless I hit someone directly with it, making it a powerful but impractical weapon. You know, having a strength but also a weakness?

What exactly is your major malfunction here? It's a pretty simple system where you have 3 variables: availability, damage and durability. Someone weapons are common and deal good damage but break easily, some are rare but deal good damage and lost longer and some are common, last long but don't deal much damage.
It's just another variable to make you consider other weapons instead of just "this one does more damage so let's only use this one".

I get that you'd rather find sword, sword+1, sword+2, sword+3 and keep going until the end of the game, but that's shit, you have shit taste and there are already a metric fuckton of games that did that shit, so thank you Nintendo for at least trying something different for once.

And that's fair. BoTW has potential but it feels like they needed to get it out for the Switch launch and made the necessary sacrifices to do so.

It's just not for me though. I like my adventure games in the vein of Ocarina or MM, with a very clear linear progression of objectives within a large world to explore. It seems games like that are dying out though just like my favorite genre of collectathon platformers did before it. Maybe the things I like are just meant to disappear.

Twilight Princess was a confusing Zelda Game for me because on one hand I like some of the dungeons a lot and Imp tiddies be on point, but the artstyle is wierd and the game never knows what it wants to be.

Buddy Holla Forums paid for a shout-out at some high-profile commie get-together. They paid to be advertised, and are known to shill on socialism and communism subreddits. Get out of here, this isn't politics anyway.

I really would like to see proof of that.

Here comes the Holla Forums defence force.
Pol dindu nuffin guys.

Both boards are cancerous as fuck. Lefty because they're giant all around faggots and Pol because it's full of actual retards.

You mean, apart from the obnoxious smug attitude they have all the time, constantly spamming every place they can, much like the left they complain about and turning everything into a political debate, even if it doesn't need to?
Or maybe their condescending attitude to everyone who doesn't go full 1488, that half of their board is 15 years old (they know this very well) and that they are going to be the end of themselves?

Plenty of reasons to dislike them without actually having to lick communist dick.

Holla Forums aren't shitting up this thread making it about politics instead of BoTW. You are.

I think the Switch fucked this game over more than anything else. Development was clearly halted and moved around so they could retool the game for the Switch. It was originally going to just be a Wii U game, and if they just did that, instead of needing to rebuild the game to run on wildly different hardware, they could have spent time fine tuning the shrines and items, and maybe working in little quality of life touches.

It's never your fault is it? Always someone else's.

I browse both Holla Forums and Holla Forums.

Until you find out that you can Just parry their very telegraphed laser with any shit shield you have and kill them in less than 20 seconds.

…You can parry laser beams? I'm not sure if I'm excited to try or disappointed that I could do this shit with a pot-lid.

Sure but we'll have to talk in 20fps. I know the Switch is a handheld like the Vita but how is it supposed to run 3rd party ports?!

You know what, I've been sitting here for 15 minutes trying to wrap my head around an answer; I don't think it's an easy one. I'll try to take it from the top.
Shrines are rooms with a single riddle, most are physics-based. For some shrines, getting there is the riddle. No shrines I've visited so far required more than the modules (bombs, stasis, magnet…) you got during the tutorial, and some creativity. The orbs you got upon completion are the new Heart Pieces, in that four of them can be traded for either a Heart or a Stamina Bar extension.
There are temples, too, and I guess at least four of them, but I haven't gotten there yet.
The map is huge, so much that travelling by foot is not a viable option for me. You can warp to every shrine you visited, and you can acquire a horse right after the tutorial by registering a wild one you've caught before at a stable.
Your horse will not quick-travel with you. If it is out of reach, calling it will have no effect (other than alerting everything around you of your presence).
Further qualifying the open world aspect is difficult, as I've seen maybe about 20% of it. As a personal anecdote, however, this is probably largely due to the fact that I highly enjoy travelling through it, without any particular goal. Climbing up a local landmark (if it's outside, Link can climb pretty much anything) and then para-gliding down to an interesting patch of land or shrine I've spotted from up there is enough fun by itself for me.
There's no sense of urgency, probably due to the fact that the worst has pretty much already come to pass. The game makes some effort to nudge you into the direction of a main objective, should you pass by it, but it doesn't keep you from going on.
The crafting aspect is very simple. Food restores (Hearts, Stamina) and may offer auxiliary effects dependant on ingredients, and medicine buffs (Speed, Damage,…). The former is created by mixing edibles, the latter by mixing certain critters or insects with monster parts.
If you only straightly follow the main objectives, you will likely never need it. However, once you set out to explore on your own, you will very shortly realize that you direly need a steady supply of health restoring items, resistance to extreme temperatures, improved climbing abilities, and so on. E.g., one of the most basic medicine recipes increases your walk speed, and since your horse can in fact not climb mountains, you'll need them during your hiking trips.
Combat is the weakest aspect of the game. You seem to be either under-challenged or overpowered. You do not automatically equip the next weapon once your current one breaks, weapon inventory space is very limited (though upgradeable), and the weapons themselves, while at times visually appealing, all behave very similarly. There's the odd wand and boomerang weapon, but every blade weapon has the same move set respectively (one for the one-handed class and one for the two-handed class). All in all, I tend to avoid fights if I don't need the materials.
So much for that. Again, I don't know where to put this. I'm having fun, no question about it, and to me, that's the most important thing, but aside from the exploration and travelling aspect, it's very hard to pin down. For reference, I might also be more lenient towards the game since I did not pay for it.

This site was originally populated by Holla Forums people in the first exodus.
You're just a newfag.

Reminder that it's "cool" to be alt right today. Holla Forums has brought a lot of newfags not unlike Scientology back then.

And the majority of most boards is shit. Coincidence?

I disagree. BOTW should have been a Switch exclusive.

Nintendo launches a new system without an exclusive flagship game. That's unprecedented is it not? Even the PS4 had Killzone.

Play it yourself, not out of a "reviewer's duty", but only if you feel wanting to play it.
Reviews/opinions are never right, be them for bad of for good, you know why? Because only your experience is made for you.
Also, remember: Shit like SS got 93, and shit like HZD got 88. Also, on Metacritic's user reviews of BotW, just HOURS after launch, there were dozens of reviews, both giving 10s and 0s.
Don't trust anyone

The exodus you speak off was not the first, rather the 5th or 6th (I forget). And it wasn't even the biggest or the one that contributed the most population to Holla Forums
Congratulations, here's your newfag card.

Fair call, but some of the underlying issues like the poor implementation of degradation are deeper than that.
I'll chalk it up to their first attempt at such a thing, but Nintendo can't afford to be doing shit like this to be honest.

CONS:
-Weapon durability is horrible
-Enemies have padded health and you are basically forced to use the overpowered flurry system on them
-The world is needlessly big(and empty) and the cliff placement seems intentionally designed to slow down your journey and pad out the game
-Frame drops

PROS:
-Everything else is basically 10/10

You're such a Idiot.
Holla Forums and Holla Forums got out of cuckchan at same time due to the whole GamerGate + Zoe stuff.
They're the same stock of people. Second exodus happened later in september with 4chon people.
I've been here since the begining, I can see a newfag miles away, specially if it uses words like "contrarians" or dislike Holla Forums.

Fucking great.

Try it. Successful parries don't consume shield durability so you can pretty much destroy every single guardian that killed the Kingdom of Hyrule a century ago with a pot-lid if you get the laser timing down.
It's pretty game breaking to be honest but whatever.

I'm talking about the first exodus to 8ch, not to other imageboards.
Reading comprehension is rare this day, isn't it?

Miyamoto said the original Legend of Zelda was based off him wandering around in the woods as a kid, he clearly went back to this concept for BotW.

is right, try it and decide for yourself. I was ready to ignore it based on what I heard but thanks to Wii U hacking it turned out to be pretty good. When cemu figures it out everyone else will decide for themselves.

Yes, there were months, when I said there weren't?
Seriously, retards are all out today.

Well, as we're seeing, the Switch was pretty half-baked. They made and shipped controllers that can get desynced by being near fish tanks for fuck's sake. It seems like they didn't really work out the hardware until the past year or so, and even then, we'd be looking at a couple more years for them to properly develop and optimize BotW just for the Switch.

They started this game on the Wii U and should have held off and re-released it months later for the Switch as some kind of definitive edition with challenge modes and new shit, and tuned up graphics… Instead, they launched the console with BotW and pretty much nothing else. They rushed it to market and fucked up hard.

I can only hope that Spla2n gets a Wii U version, because it would break my heart for that game to be trapped on that dead system.

I guess the only caveat is that the timing is pretty tricky.

When I said they were the same exodus??
Seriously, kys.

You idiot. These are 4chan people, later came the 4chon ones.
And yes, Holla Forums and Holla Forums came at the same time for political reasons. They founded this site on the basis of anti-SJW.
Holy shit, I was here, I participated in it.

As someone who has only watched the game, theres too few enemy types and why doesnt it have items like the hookshot or pegasus boots

I saw game grimps playing it. I wasn't particularly impressed. If Cemu ever gets it working completely I'll see about playing it myself but for right now it's not enough to convince me to get a Switch

So am I. Just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean it never happened, it's a common problem with newfags, really.
Does anyone have that screencap of Hotwheels detailing the multiple exodus?

You're the only retard here. Some Holla Forums users got out because of blatant censorship and very low post quality to the point you couldn't even talk about shit anymore properly.

Holla Forums on the other hand got out because they wanted to discuss their conspiracy theories but the resident mods were jews or in cahoots with them. They outgrew what was to be only a containment board and had to escape their really bad moderation.

Both boards moved for different reasons at different times.
Just because you play videogames AND think all the jews should be gasses, that doesn't mean Holla Forumss migration was the same as Holla Forums

To people who are complaining about no Hookshot:
Not every Zelda game had it, and also you can climb fucking everything, ao there's no need for it.
An item that appeared on 3 games.

Yes, but it was a barren wasteland.

I can't imagine listening to those faggots would help things at all, but I'd recommend giving it a shot once cemu is able to run it.

They're gigantic faggots but it I prefer a more lackadaisical play than some tryhard who bypasses stuff

There's got to be better channels for that sort of shit then. Every game I've seen them play, they've played very badly.

I just got this for the Wii U, and will play it later. I'm not a huge fan of open-world games, but at least there are some Zelda-esque elements in the form of the puzzles and battle system. Also, I am a sucker for equipment management; which doesn't really belong in a Zelda game, but neither does sailing or stealth, to be honest.

Sadly that won't happen. The Wii U still has free online. We're lucky Nintendo hasn't fucking disabled that yet.

You know what, you two "won". You know everything, the site traffic before the exoduses was "immense".
And, no, the catalyst was Moot, for both Holla Forums and Holla Forums who intersected and went out.
The "conspiracy" stuff was happening on 4chon at the time, and it came to both 4pol and 8pol, they were the second exodus. Third exodus was Hiroyuki and "8ch" being spammed on youtube.
Fourth exodus was imageboards becoming popular within Daily Stormer, Reddit, Red Ice and other "alt right" blogs.
Fifth exodus was the Eternal September and the spamming of the Libertarian community with our stuff.
Sixth exodus was 4chan doubling down on censorship and they being flodded by reddit.
Seventh exodus was the Trump election.
Eight exodus was Holla Forums recruiting on reddit.

I'm not so sure what is causing the desync problems, i have my switch sitting on my ps4 which is next my wiiu which is on a table sitting next my desk which has my monitor and tower on it

also my ps3 is under the table too, ive yet to experience this desyncing issue

The thing about the hookshot is that it could be used to speed up the slow ass climbing. Make it a rapel line/chain or something so people can traverse a little faster.
Well, no use complaining about it since it isn't in the game.

Thank god I remembered 8ch Holla Forums existed, I was sick and tired of seeing praise for it EVERYWHERE. It is seriously a 6/10 game.

>Music is terrible, even when it's present listen to youtube.com/watch?v=J_TzYGd9pjk

The only good thing about this game are the towns, some of the typical Zelda tier sidequests associated with them, and the "charm" for some of the characters.

well post some LPer you prefer nigger.

I'm not gonna watch fucking markiplier or goddamn pewdieshit.

god damnit I want one of you fags to stream it for a bit, or at least upload a gameplay footage.

The hookshot tends to be a shortcut item that makes traveling some areas faster, not just solve puzzles.
I was expecting to see something similar that allowed you to move towards any climbable surface and give greater mobility, but oh well… I guess I can see how that'd break the entire climbing part of the game.

Do you really want to listen to some try hard autist b-lining it and constantly bitching about the game?

They should have taken a page from Just Cause's book and let you use the hookshot in conjunction with the paraglider.

There's stone golems and the flying bats as well as some weird scarecrow guy that throws fireballs at you. Play for a bit longer.

Spears, swords, two handed swords and clubs all work differently and have different purposes.
Their durability and their damage also makes them different since sometimes you'll be using weaker weapons that still get the job done to save the good ones.

The upgrades to your armor and the elixirs all require monster parts you get from fighting enemies. And fighting them rewards you with their weapon anyway that even for something as brittle as the skeleton arms, is more than enough to defeat someone else and get their weapon.

no, but I want to see some "organic" gameplay footage; authentic gameplay, with all its faults, not something some marketing team put together for presentation.

its literally the worst game ever made

Well, there is a story, but is simply very VERY bland. The whole game feels like a butchered 4kids anime if you add in the terrible voice acting.

Isn't that what most LPrs are anyway?

I dunno… Just Cause let's you avoid a lot of shit and makes traveling way too easy with that combination. Hookshot to be pulled towards any high enough place you climb is one thing, but combining both together would let you just pretty much fly around unencumbered and I'd rather have an upgrade to the glider that lets you fly at will instead of that.

that's why I watch giem grimps

My thread got locked and I was directed here, so let's talk about the graphics. Why is the texture so shit? Why does everything look flat and washed out? How come did Megaman Legends 2 on fucking PS1 have better looking textures than this piece of shit? And the bigger question is, why is the framerate still so jerky?

Keese take one hit to kill, they are barely an enemy. Golems are uncommon and also die in one hit (one bomb) Wizrobes, also relatively uncommon compared to the main three. 80% of your encounters are Lizalfos, Moblins, and Bokoblins, a simple look at your inventory will prove this to you if you haven't sold all your shit. Record it yourself.

The weapons are just reskins of one another, all spears act like all other spears, swords like other swords, etc, etc. Only "exception" to this are the elemental versions of some weapons, which just add elements to your attacks, still the same moveset however.

You didn't even understand the pointless monster killing criticms. I'm saying if you have strong weapons, most enemies have WEAKER weapons than you do, and so you don't want to fight them. You just want to use the weapons on the main story.

Too much bloom.

So this game is for fags and 10 year old weebs yeah?

It's their style. Too bad their style is shit.

They're using some sort of computer wizardry to make it so you can still see the world when you look down at it from a mountain or tower, so the textures are probably limited to a certain resolution so when they zoom all the way out you can still kind of tell what things are, instead of just unloading them.

Bloom? More like they just slapped one color on the models and added some lighting mechanics.

Borderlands and other cell shaded AAA games have solid looking textures.

Electric Keese are certainly more annoying that that though. Had a tense fight once since they kept disarming me and I was surrounded by Bokoblins as well.

Didn't knew that about Golems but it makes sense since it's a Ore Node on their back. However, getting a bomb there can't be that easy, though.

They still have materials you might have a use to strengthen your armor or make elixirs and unless your inventory is all filled with very good weapons, you'll have a slot or two for shitty weapons you can use to clear them out, often replacing it with some other weapon they dropped.

By the way, just tried this, can confirm it. You can indeed parry back their attack with the right timing and kill Guardians this way.
He was damaged already so I dunno how effective this really is, and they do have a tell with an outward glow right after they fire.

So you mean they only use one resolution option for the texture resolution so they wouldn't need to compress and decompress the texture disregarding the objects' distance from the player?

Alright, now I get what you mean by style.

Something like that. The alternative is to do what other open world games do, and create various stages of texture, so it just loards in the ultra-low-res version when you get far enough away.

look, i don't even have a switch and have never even picked one up, but jesus man

No, user. The answer to the problem you are talking about is called mipmapping. Do yourself a favor and don't talk about this kind of shit if it's "computer wizardry" to you.

So when can will Cemu be able to run this shit?

That's just stupid. I'd rather have limited vision than washed out and blurry objects and among all, crappy framerate.

I think what the user tried to say is Zelda doesn't utilize mipmapping and therefore limits the resolution of all textures.

How do you even fuck up so bad? Whats the incentive to get a switch again?

Tomorrow the day that never comes

I wanted to wait a couple months for a price drop, but I figured I should pick up the Wii U version while I could. I doubt it will get a very large run and I could see it becoming pretty pricey.

pretty accurate tbh

He'd be wrong.

If you have a Wii U you can just hack it and pirate it right away, user.

This one cracks me up. The Japanese are still salty about China.

I've only heard him in one of the memories, son. That's like, 3 lines of dialogue that I thought were ok, not saying he's great or anything.

Who is he, Holla Forums?

Yeah, but I figured it would suck if I liked it and wanted a copy of the game only to have the price skyrocket. I know it's appreciated a couple bucks already for the Wii U version.

Another screws up thing is I already own all 5 games I'd want to hack my Wii U for anyways.

Yeah I didn't come for /pol. Never been there and my political leanings are not right wing. 4chan censorship and turning into Reddit was why I came here. People complain about the mods but few threads here get actively deleted.

I'm still sad about the pedos though I hope they found a new home.

Not a great start tbh

we're fine. the deepweb has all the cunny we need, where we can talk and share our harmless porn.

Still a shame that jim is anti-freedom kike and Holla Forums/pol/ is basically controlled opposition. this site pretty much died with the "hotwheels" character.

last time i checked he's focusing on his eugenics activism. wish him good luck.

Very subtle, tripfag.

Too bad most of it is seriously really bad quality, just like you'd expect from amateur porn made by kids.
If there was ever a reason to be against pedos, it would be the really low standards you need to appreciate most of that stuff.

But it is indeed a shame that you were kicked out, that was the site giving in to the complaining faggots and the beginning of the decline.
I'm sure we wouldn't have as many shitposters and they wouldn't think they have as much control as they don't actually have if that decision wasn't ever made.

They deserve to be gassed, if I'm honest.

hi paul

But murder is wrong.
Castration is the best answer, so they wont reproduce

off topic, tbh

i haven't seen the bogdanoff pasta in about a week.

lol, nice puzzle

Okami has better puzzles than this shit, and that game is a cake walk. Looks nice, though.

castration doesn't stop them from fiddling kids, underage gynoids is the answer
and a pretty good market to invest in

Right, should have saged there, thanks.

wtf I hate BOTW now

Sounds like you haven't played the game, OP. You mention both stamina slowing you down and avoiding recipes… when recipes can restore/enhance your stamina. I've seen like 20 shrines and 3 are combat, 2 too challenging, while the rest are puzzles.

Oh, you're dumb enough to buy a Switch at launch? Explains why your opinions are shit.

there could always be more difficult puzzles later on, it seems. not everything has to be a mind stopper. the op in the webm thread is a simple puzzle too, and it's elegantly done, if I might say.

Why are you adults still playing games meant for children and the mentally lacking?

Can we get past all of the shilling and counter-shilling and start posting shark tits?

I mean, we think that all of the link porn is for faggots. But think about it, guys love girls in guys clothes, tomboys are cute as hell, so why wouldn't girls love guys in girls clothes? Maybe all these link posters are mostly femanons posting link porn.

I heard there were webms showing that the powers you get can be pretty buggy. Anyone have them?

Highly likely.

Don't worry, we only allow the hot ones in.

pols new york bullshit was like half girls, non-white girls

Some do actually pretend to be guys and post here for fun. You never know who's behind the computer screen.

Except it can't even manage 1080P on a docked switch, and frequently vsyncs down to 20fps on both platforms.

sounds like what a woman would say

probably just /cuteboys/ leaking out

That's basically all women there.

No way. Girls would never post here and you should shut up now.

I call bullshit, the only thing i'd believe is /cuteboys/ pretending.

The gift is shit, give me something else.

I assure you that I'm a big, fat, hairy man.

Bullshit.
All men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents in disguise.
It's internet 101.

Are you telling me that's chris-chan?

So when I was doing shit on the internet without parental supervision when I was 6 years old, I was actually an FBI agent?

lol

There wasnt enough of a view to tell. I just assumed period blood. Not really that bad tbh, especially when you have sisters and have seen used tampons and…other…things.

If he revealed himself, do you really believe they would let him leave, ever? Do you really think they'll let him walk around with less than 10 elite, heavily armored guards? Do you think they'll let him walk around at all?
No my man, it's more fun to be a giant pig wizard than being a cum cow.
DEBATE ME!

Had Shia Leboof put his garbage art project int he Louisiana bayou it would have been very different.

other things?

Ganon is a man of ambition, not of base desires. He could have had literal dozens of women in his harem, but decided to follow his dreams instead, even if it cost him everything.

I dont wanna talk about it.

Yes you do.

user please i need to know

You can climb any fucking mountain, horses are qt 3.14s and make me actually like the Damn mules, puzzle room bonus chests are clever little things, weapons breaking mwan we bypass inventory clutter and makes combat more risky, the glider is a god send, cooking is fun and stat bonus es it gives give me good reason Do it, mini bosses are fun to fight, weapon, sheilds and clothes gave neat patterns on them, and it's mega comfortable.
Could have done without voice acting, blood moon is as impactful as it could be, but I can't find alot of shit to complain about being 10hours or so in and having not gone to impa yet.

Why is Ganon such a cool guy?

The only real complaint about the game is the awful looking trees that are from 2003. They are also huge resource hogs so it's not like nintendo made them ugly to make the game run better.

Nintendo probably developed the trees inhouse and it shows. They ignored 15 years of tree rendering techniques.

PROS

CONS

NEUTRAL
>several locations from past Zelda games like Skyward and Ocarina appear throughout the overworld in an attempt to bring all the worlds together, most notably is OoT's Hyrule Castle, Skyward Sword's Earth Shrine, and OoT's Lon Lon Ranch

It's good but it needs a bit of refinement and is too wildly different from the rest of the series to be considered the best Zelda I hope they do a Majora's Mask style sequel with the same engine and a more constrained overworld, preferably set before Ocarina this time

t. woman

nintendo should've never gave into you autists and made one

I never said I cared about it, I just put the timeline details in neutral since they're there but they don't have much impact on the game itself

do you want to fuck the horses user

Is this game seriously expecting me to write down the ball configuration for later use in another shrine? Is that what this is? If not, then I have no idea how you're suppose to solve this thing.

is this true I find it hard to believe.

That's exactly it, but you can use the snapshot rune to take a picture instead of writing it down

They both run like shit, but neither run like shit in the same areas.

WiiU dips in some areas, Switch dips in complete others.
It makes no sense.

Mediocre.

Once you get past the WOW TECHNOLOGY aspect of it, its just a boring bland adventure through empty landscapes and a shitty inventory system.

Even worse, the master sword, the one weapon that doesn't break needs a recharge period, its so fucking stupid.

WHERE DO YOU GET THE SNAPSHOT RUNE?

I can't believe I have to jump off this fucking mountain now.

It's not like people hadn't already pretty much come up with the same exact timeline already.

Don't make me suck your dick, faggot.

You have to do a sidequest at Hateno Ancient Lab

Fuck it, I guess I can do this again later when I have more Stamina.

so theirs no reason to get a switch if you have a wii u

ENOUGH

I've only found like 5. Why did Nintendo make this game so big?

DELETE THIS

==WOAH NELLY=

What do YOU even get out of fisting the horse beyond a stinky arm and a deep sense of lingering shame?

Can we just talk about Zelda? Please?

Celebrate 8ch's diversity!
I don't have this stuff with me, but every time someone mentions "Horse Pussy" I feel compelled to go to that thread on /zoo/ and repost the stuff - I was a victim once, and now I'm passing the tradition to you guys
8ch.net/zoo/catalog.html
8ch.net/zoo/res/14665.html

She feels happy, she likes it, she cums.
Her happiness is that guy's happiness.

come on man, it's strictly the best pussy

If it helps, there are actually people that do that too

Wow, it's like those hopeless betas who live to serve their ugly gf, except infinitely worse. The next step will be sacrificing yourself for your inanimate/imaginary waifu.

Sorry mate, could you repeat what you've written? I think my eyes are deceiving me… It seems that you're up for death if not, though.

Well, you've never been in a relationship. Relationships are of mutual trust, mutual, sacrifices, mutual caring, mutual love, to give and to receive. If you only expect to be on the receiving end, you'll never find anyone.
But yeah, I was joking up there, the reason the guy does this shit is only known by him.

Maybe she rides better once shes gotten off from his arm? A fast horse is obviously the most valuable kind.

rude

Disgusting.

I sure hope the dungeons are longer and more complex after the shrines. Also the climbing should be more restricted. The game gives the player too much power and free reign.

no shit, it's called autism

Gee boyo, thanks for the sage advice. You're very clearly aware of what a relationship is. But what I'm very clearly referring to are males who are content being in relationships one-sided to the woman's favor.
And in future, it may also occur to you that my own hyperbolic throwaway comment might not be 100% sincere and in need of some autistic life teachings.

Nah, it's so you can dick her. If you try to fuck a horse who doesn't want to be fucked you get kicked and quite often die from internal bleeding. If you get to know a horse first, brush her a lot, then start first fingering and then fisting her she'll eventually start presenting her pussy to you and "winking" it, pretty much asking to be fucked.
We really learned some interesting shit on Holla Forums back in the day, didn't we?

So you're not talking about the webm, because he's not standing there in his underwear for no reason user. It's called foreplay.

Or use the Snapshot option though the Switch like these two did

The music is dissapointing as fuck. All Zelda games had some memorable new tracks but all you get in this one is just boring junk that inspires absolutely nothing in the player.
Of all the things they could have fucked up in a Zelda game they had to pick the music.
And the voice acting Jesus fuck, Zelda sounds like a middle aged woman trying to do a british accent and Mipha talks like a retard on weed, who the fuck thought it was ok to cast a bunch of nobodies for the first Zelda game to have voice acting? Fucking NoA, i hope they all get cancer and get raped by niggers.
Other than that the game's been pretty fun, i hope i can get the master wrod soon so i don't have to worry so much about weapon durability.

Only a few hours in, but:
Right now it's scratching my outdoorsman itch while I wait for the winter to pass. It managed to maintain most of the Zelda "feel" in the switch to the open world, something MGSV failed to do. I went in expecting a game where I can run and climb grassy, rolling hills and scale mountains with some fighting in between, and I got exactly what I wanted. It feels a bit like Wind Waker but on land.

I bought the game like a good goy and i get them too, specially when looking towards Impa's house. I also get them in Hateno's main street.

How are the load times on the official version? It can take up to 10 minutes for the game to load when I first select my game, and then I've gotten 5 minute load times in between areas. I also get load times when switching weapons. I'm trying to gauge the difference between the two to see if it's worth buying it before I get to deep in this loading hell.

Not the best but it doesn't take more than 30 seconds to load the game initially and changing areas takes me about 20 secs. Loadiine is trash because it always lengthens load times, try some CFW or just bite the bullet and buy a decent game.

It's because loadiine is loading the game from an SD card, and the Wii U can't read SD cards very fast at all.
Looks like I'll be buying the game, since I don't have a 64gb SD card nor the patience to install CFW

I had no troubles using loadiine with a class 10 SD card.

You mean like in a Zelda game?

This is the biggest flaw with the pasta. Jesus himselfor The Virgin Mary if you're catholic is supposed to be the mediator between God and man, not the angels. In fact, I don't think there's been any communication between man and angels since the birth of Christ(though I could be wrong on that point.)

Just got there, I was talking about Daruk, the champion. Not that little whiny faggott descendant.

Sorry to disappoint you but even the Master Sword has durability. It doesn't break but after some use it needs 10 minutes to "recharge its power", meaning a 10 minutes cooldown.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Have you seen her VA?
twitter.com/Summersett_

I went & confirmed this myself. Made a webm.
PROTIP: Watch the eye & listen for the beep to learn the timing. You can't parry exactly when the eye turns blue or you'll be too soon, the laser must discharge. The target pointer on Link also provides a visual cue.

Finished the first area then dicked around for a bit in the second one (to the east).

My opinion? It's Skyrim done well.
If there ever was a time for AAA industry to start copying shit for their own games, now is the time.
Every Ubisoft game I've played has that "colectathon" bullshit.
Meanwhile, this game has you collecting shit, but you can spend it bit by bit to get actual upgrades that actually help.
And I can't stress how exploration actually works great in this game. I recall the user's who bought a leatherbound diary to register shit when they played Skyrim (yeah, if you don't remember, the hype was THAT big).
I think wherever those anons are, they'd be happy playing this game. Walking around isn't just:
Can't say much about dungeons yet. I hope there's some, I'd be disapointed if there aren't. The shrines are okay, but they don't replace the thematic dungeons we had.

To further the comparison to Skyrim:

As for the the dificulty, well, this guy: has a good example about it.
It's not an hard game if you're competent. And that's the best kind of dificulty (unless you want a challenge, then you gotta self-impose some limits, like never picking up fruit/meat/herbs and heart containers).

Back when I played Oblivion, I thought "it's an easy game once you properly explore the underlying stat system".
Then I played Fallout 3 and thought "it's an easy game if you're not a complete retard".
I later played Skyrim and thought "I can be a medically diagnosed retard and still beat this game".
I haven't tried Fallout 4, I hear it's even worse thought.

This game sits somewhere between Oblivion and Fallout 3 in terms of dificulty. Explore a bit, try shit out, find out how to get really OP and counter everything with ease.
Aka: a game that lets you git gud, instead of making you gud from the onset.

Soon™

What the fuck is that?

Ironically I thought the worst part of this game would be settlements and NPCs, but in the end those were the only interesting things about this game.

What the hell?

Man, I love that shit. I just noticed that it's not exactly telegraphing.
It's a "tell". You see those blue ribbons that appear right before he fires it? It's there to give you something to react to. It makes it easy to do it right once you figure it out, as oposed to waiting for something purely based on timing. The visual stimulii helps a lot.
And in case the camera doesn't make it possible, the targeting reticle on link also blinks once before disapeering, giving you two diferent clues to use for it.
I think it's the little details like that I'm liking so much right now.

Btw, if that's a new feature, it's shit: you can't hide the video after opening it for some reason.
Shit, are we getting streams in threads now?
That'd be great. I wanna bully anons who suck at Zeldo.

Supposedly St. Anthony's guardian angel spoke to him once.

If they can get it running well on CEMU, I'd immediately bring over my save file because these load times are absurd

It's a preview for the new Cemu build.

WHO?! WHO DELETED MY HORSE PUSSY?!

I wish I was.
I'm not even angry about it, just sad. If you think about the whole design surrounding durability in the game, it makes sense.
Still a heart breaker though.

FO4 needs more skill to play than Oblivion and Fallout 3 since VATS is less relevant, stats isn't a very determining aspect in combat's success anymore, and enemies' behaviors are a lot more varied. Mutants now have different types of attacks and human enemies take cover, throw grenades, and try to flank you. It's a full blown FPS game, not a half assed ARPG game.

(checked)
It's funny because it's only a decent FPS due to ID giving them a hand. Bethesda didn't even do that right on their own.

Todd made a great FPS game in his youth, Terminator Future Shock. It was very bullet spongy and the enemies were extremely stiff, but rightfully so since they were all armor plated machines. The design obviously didn't translate well to Fallout 3.

faggot

Jesus fucking Christ Nintendo, just lower the damage or some shit. God dammit, this just means the legendary sword of evil's bane is just some shitty stick with a sun powered battery.

The sword does average damage against random mobs but double damage against bosses.
There are way better equipment than it.
Also you need 13 heart containers (extra yellow hearts do not count) to get it, so if you invested your spirit orbs in stamina you just got yourself fucked.

I wanna play this game but I don't want to have to buy a console or a TV to play it.

There are a few other enemies that it deals double damage against, like guardians, and I think it activates its damage boost just by being near them so you can use it to mop up smaller enemies as well.

psssh..nothin
personnel…kid…

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So how much of this is on disk dlc again?

Jesus fucking christ

Got a link to the bird guardian fello's VA and the Gerudo guardian chick's VA? They actually sounded not shit

Also I'm 85 korok seeds, 79 shrines in, with 3 of 4 dungeons beaten. I think there's 120 shrines and 120 korok seeds.

How far in is everyone else?

Last I checked, Epona probably had black junk so I dunno what the problem is.

Why the fuck are you playing on loadiine when you can install the game to system memory for the same experience as retarded buyfags?

Why can't nintendo make nice realistic trees? They are fine with the cartoony trees, but as soon as they try realistic they shit the bed.

Friendly reminder that Link is and was a beta cuck all along. He's risking his life over and over only to end up as a good guy virgin, never getting rewarded like the good cucklord he is, while Chad Ganondorf gets all the pussy. Japan sure does love to cuck the west like that. Faggots will justify this.

I don't know why everyone here is complaining. The game is really fucking good. Yeah it has faults, like framerate issues, bugs, and some things could be better designwise. Still in the end, it's more Zelda and it's damn fun to play.

Friendly reminder that some people like to go on adventures and save the world because that's fucking cool or they have a patriotic sense of duty.
If you need a pussy at the end of a stick to actually do anything, you're the real beta.

I'd very much like to know with what game are they comparing it that they get this offended about it.

You need CFW for that and I don't have a 64gb SD card with which to install it.

If you have the white Wii U you may not have enough space

If you have the black Wii U, you don't need CFW, just use browser exploit to open homebrew, boot mocha, and in mocha you can install game.
You need to use browser exploit to open mocha and through mocha open the game each time, but whatever.

Also fucking 10 minute loading times kek, I was 50/50 about whether to use loadiine or install it thinking it wouldn't make a difference. Ended up deleting a bunch of demos and metroid trilogy which im emulating now anyway, to make space for it

Also just now I realised, the ingredients that increase maximum hearts when cooked, even if just by 1, all give max restore and then increase hearts. So I now have a page and a half (like 30) of dishes that max my hearts, and I have 21 hearts, and the revive passive from the water temple and about 6 fairies, and 36 in clothing defense (not even maxed out clothes upgrades so could be even higher).

And I've only done 2 of the 4 dungeons so far. Granted I'm leaving them for when I'm bored and thus not being bored I've done like 70% of the game, but still, 2 dungeons in and already overpowered as fuck, I'm throwing legendary weapons aside just to pick up generic trash, because the generic trash weaponry is higher than these 100 year old legendary weapons characters offer me. Also master sword is pretty weak.

The music grows on you. It's more ambient but it's actually, I think, on par with TP / Skyward (which were weaker than average imo for music but still great).
The main race's villages have nice themes, the accordion bird dude is neat, and I only briefly stepped into hyrule castle for a memory but fuck it was a good theme.
I also can't find this huge horse thing, some user said some medley or something plays while you ride it, and I've found where to buy gear for the horse, just haven't found the big horse itself.

I am entertained. 60 hours in and I'm having fun. First 2-5 hours I was pretty let down with the empty-ass world, but it's actually filled to the brim with shit everywhere. The voice acting isn't that bad, it's just Zelda's voice that is really really fucking shit and since she has the most lines it stands out even moreso. But I'm having fun, and I haven't had this much fun with videogames for a couple of years at least.

I'm happy, Holla Forums

Yeah, I think it says something that I'm dealing with 10 minute load times and this is still the most fun I've had with AAA since Dong Freeze DS3 was close