I haven't played through a farming/life sim game in a long time...

I haven't played through a farming/life sim game in a long time. I think the last game I played was Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life.

Are there any modern releases that are worth checking out? I've looked at the latest Story of Seasons game, Rune Factory 4, and Stardew Valley, and they all seem interesting.
Does Holla Forums have any recommendations for the newer games, or should I play older ones I haven't tried before?

Other urls found in this thread:

illusioncards.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=4660
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rune factory 4 is good but I'd say 3 was better. Only play 4 first if you want to be the little girl.

can someone rank which you liked more than which in

Can girls love girls in RF4 or would I have to marry a dude?

Eventually you can change your model to the heroine so you can have your yuri option.

Farming

Rune Factory > Old harvest moon > stardew > new harvest moon/sos

waifus

Rune Factory > harvestmoon > star dew

combat

Rune factory > star dew

I highly recommend Story of seasons, its an absolutely fantastic game.

Angela best girl.

Thank you user

Rune Factory, Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon

Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, F-Zero GX, Dark Souls, Lode Runner, Adventure, Pong, Tennis for Two, Stardew Valley

Rune Factory, Stardew Valley

Although I much prefer Harvest Moon's farming gameplay over Stardew Valley's, Stardew Valley offers a greater variety of farming options, so it's technically better.

So how's that new Story of Seasons that just came out?

I couldn't enjoy Rune Factory 4 after playing Stardew Valley. I like the combat and the waifus but the farming is kind of lame. I want an entire farm I can manage and customize with as much autism as I please, not a tiny backyard.

Angela's okay, but Iris is better.

You do eventually get more plots of land to farm on, but I can understand that complaint.

Rune factory's more about getting multiple plots of land in dungeons so you can develop the seasonal crops.

Does Rune Factory still take out your health after you use up your stamina? Cause that shit pissed me off in the first one. Also does Stardew Valley have kids? I need to have kids in these games. It's my fetish.

did in rf3, latest rf i've played

i was surprised by rf3's backyard too

I wanna love Rune Factory 4 but the story cues keep getting in the way of my learning/utilizing the various systems. It's a pain in the ass. What do?

No MILF, no go. Dead-serious. It's a deal breaker. Circle currently has about a baker's dozen of system management games in store so that itch is scratched. If I have to waifu, it needs to be a seasoned lady who will be a great companion and great mom without the fresh new wrapping feeling of having to walk a college brat through life.

If you like daughteru sims, Princess Maker 2 got a remake and Western port.

Having already played RF3 I want to go back and play 1 and but they just seem so slow compared to 3. Being able to pick up multiple of the same item is amazing and not having that is just so painful.

I love Rune Factory Frontier. The runey, or whatever they were called, sucked, but the waifus were incredibleaside from the fat girl. I think I like the dumb girl's best friend the best. Rune Factory 4 had very mediocre waifus. The best girl was an elf, let that sink in for a minute. If that doesn't say anything about the quality of waifus in that game, I don't know what does.

I read that Frontier is playable with a controller but when I tried it it didn't do anything. I want to emulate it but I don't have a wiimote. Is that feature only in the Japanese or European version or something?

Which elf? Dolce?

Speaking of mediocre waifus, the latest SoS has a pretty lackluster selection. It'd be great if they did the DLC for the new marriage candidates, but it doesn't seem likely.

A wonderful life kinda sucks, it's clearly unfinished. It & friends of mineral town were the last games made before the company died & got bought up by someone else. That said, I think 64 is the best. Magical melody was the last one I played & it was ok.

Huh, I was able to play it perfectly fine with a classic controller.

The musician elf. I think her name was Morgan or Miranda or something like that.

Margaret. And she's boring. All of them are boring.

They confirmed that they're localizing the DLC, but not when it's getting released.

Nevermind, I just had it configured wrong.

I've never played Rune Factory but I have played Harvest Moon a lot. I'll pass on Stardew Valley: Cuck grown though.
What RF should I play first?

That's good, but I'll probably be done with it by then, maybe I should hold off, any word if they're charging for it?

Your favorite is the most boring one? At least some of the others have some kind of personality.

You have a point, however plain tasteless water still tastes better than water mixed with urine, if you catch my drift.

4 dollaridoos for each pack, with two packs. The bugfixes were already added to the base game. I'm not too happy about paying for the DLC but I guess they made a fairly good argument for themselves on their localization blog.

Look up the waifu.

in terms of waifus i'll go with frontier>1/3>4/2/tides.
even eunice is pretty good since she actually diets for the mc. if that shit got released today, landwhales will be screeching nonstop about a game they don't even play.

Anyone else playing this?

It's out?

Are there any good portable farming games?
I didn't like rf4 as one.
I don't have much experience with harvest moon and how to interact with the characters. Just throw presents at them?

I've tried getting into these games before, but they bored me. Then I was gifted Stardew Valley for Christmas and told myself I'll put in a bigger effort this time around, since it was a gift and all. I was pretty bored for the first couple hours, but once it started picking up it's actually a ton of fun.

Honestly, pretty much anything that isn't the DS Harvest Moon releases or the first two Rune Factory games are good. Throwing this out there since no one else has heard of it. There's another indie farming game on Steam called World's Dawn, which is more Harvest Moon compared to Stardew's Rune Factory leaning, and it's really good too.

Harvest Moon requires you talk to people daily and throw presents at them, just like every other farming game with waifus.

came out 2 days ago

Rune Factory 4 objectively has the best waifu out of any farming sim but she is unmarriable. You can still marry her daughter and think about pounding that ass though.
Dolce is a strong contender for best girl but falls short by a margin, however she is one of the only characters I've seen in a farming game to get not only character development during her events but continual character development during marriage (she slowly opens up to you more and becomes more comfortable expressing her feelings).
Bonus points for Venty's human form if it wasn't only shown the once and if Venty wasn't boring trash anyway.

Harvest Moon DS has the second best waifu out of any farming sim, and not just because feels a little bit like Marisa but because it's also actually unique in the methods of courting her.
Leia is also an acceptable wife for someone seriously intending to play the game.

Stardew Valleys candidates are all tumblr trash, just not so bad that the game is unbearable. Once again the best (if only) waifu in this game has unmarrible although mods fix it.
Shame her daughter is trash though.

Well I fucked that up, here's the first picture I meant to post

Dropped

its fucking delicious, you have no idea what you are missing

Looking forward to seeing your progress farmsim user. I still think no waifu's is a mistake.

nigga it will be a fucking monstergirl village, but im working on it alone, i gotta finish the INN, then the faerie village code, release it as a feature demo minigame (fused with the cooking system) and then i can start making waifus

Melonpan? Sure
Memelonpan? No thanks

I thought you said you weren't going to put em in because of development time or something, but I'm probalby thinking of somebody else.

all villagers, except the cool bro dorf blacksmith will be waifus
and there will even be lore to explain it

I was thinking about pulling out Blender and trying to get back into 3d modelling so I could get into game development. I always wanted to make a farming sim for the PC that wasn't Farming Simulator.

It's spelled melonpan you tards.

Sucks that Witchie is stuck in a game that is bugged out the ass and it unmarriageable in unpatched carts because of it.

its just a name, you can name your recipes anything you want, these recipes are samples and will be available to guide the player only, you can test the cooking system in the /agdg/ thread if the links are not dead by now

It's a shame that doesn't appear in the rest of the series as often as the goddess, despite being far more interesting and fun to marry.

So what you're saying is that you willingly chose to become a redditor and call it Memelonpan?

She's been more marriageable if I recall correctly.
There's DS, the two island games, and ANB.
Goddess (or at least the same specific goddess she's rivals with) is only marriageable on FoMT and DS itself.

frontier is best

WEW
did not get that far yet

just give me a better catchy name for a sweet melon filled melonpan
And no, melonpan is not melon-filled by default by the way

is it very melon?

you have no idea

I forgot island of happiness existed. That game was not good in the slightest and almost every character was ugly.
Did have potential mind.

Rune Factory Frontier is best Rune Factory but you probably could use a fix for runeys
RF4 is second best
Tides is shit

Sunshine islands or island of happiness?
I think one of them had Tarzan.

Melonpan 2 Taste Boogaloo.

Tides may have been shit, with ass backwards "farming" and marriage mechanics, but it has some of the best girls in the series

The latter

but their voice acting a shit that part was ok, the grind and progression walls for farming was the real problem

I wish I knew how to farm in Tides.
I know that my enslaved Pokémon do it but then how do I ship what things they make like milk?

I don't really remember but shit ended up in a hole in the tree and I think there was a shop or something in the tree

I gave up on it after like the second island

You don't farm in Tides. You take the horrendously broken staff and earn 50 times the money running dungeons than you would have earned from farming, in a fraction of the time.

That's what I figured.

really? and you whine about memes?

christ
all I want is to make some fuckign stacks of jam
I don't remember how it was in tides but one of the tings I really liked about frontier was the massive stacks of like 250 or more you could have of items

You literally used the word meme, you lose all conversations in regards to names.

this user has a point

melon^2pan

Do you still need an artist?

Oh wait MegaMelonpan.

yes, can you make 180+ food icons? we can negoticate a price

we have a winner

I can give it a shot, but I have to set up a paypal, where can I contact you when I'm done?

Noice.

>>>/agdg/27922
[email protected]/* */

Rune factory>New Harvest Moon>Stardew Valley>Old Harvest Moon

Pretty straightforward, the series, unlike most, continued to expand upon the original formula with every new release instead of dumbing it down for casuals. Stardew suffers from trying to be somewhere between the new releases and the classics in gameplay because it lacks the depth of the modern games but doesn't have the simplistic charm of the old ones.

Old Harvest Moon>Rune factory>New Harvest Moon>Stardew Valley
Old Harvest Moon waifus were top tier, to the point where I would never even pick the other girls when replaying because I felt that committed to my first pick. Ever since they got new characters in DS, I wasn't able to immerse myself nearly as much and instead roleplayed as a single widower until Rune factory came along. There, each separate game had a new distinct protagonist and that helped alleviate the issue of playing as the same character Jack every time. Stardew Valley girls are trash. Simple as that.

Rune factory>Stardew Valley>New Harvest Moon>Old Harvest moon.

Old games did not have combat beyond whacking wild dogs with axes besides that it was a straightforward progression and a handy feature that made RF shine as it's own thing by giving the player an ability to not only feel as a rich and successful land owner but also a powerful warrior/wizard as well as making your animals and friends/family members have more uses besides giving you a new bit of dialogue every day. Stardew is a bit meh in combat but it works for what it's worth.

You can't ship anything. You have to sell that shit in town.
You need a monster who can harvest (go find a goblin) and then pull everything out of the hole in the tree where you enter the island, it's directly to the left of the entrance I think.

I married her just because she is really easy to seduce with a dog.

You could seduce people with a dog in that game?

Yeah, your dog registered as a gift, so if you showed them your dog over and over again it made them like you.

What games do you have in mind when you say "Old Harvest Moon"

Pre-ds

Is there anything that combines the autism of Farming Simulator with an actual Harvest Moon-like story/charachter?

noice

I started Story of Seasons.

The intro is incredibly long, the graphics feel generic aside from the character portraits.
You till in a 3x3 patch, instead of individual tiles, same with watering.
Is this worth playing for the farming or just the waifus?

Possibly.

which one? trio of towns should be an improvement over the original. the first one had an annoying tutorial that lasted a week.

Fucking how?! All I get is shit drops.

Sounds like she's in denial about being drugged and raped.

Yes, someone broke into her home and raped her in her bathroom.

You obviously don't know much about drug rape.

eventually you unlock farm circles that allow you to expand your farm and add more shit

Why are rapists such perverts?

Time to post the card user.

pick your poison

what game?

Thx user. Are they both horny with tazers like every other card seems to be?

Honeyselect

Both of them clear the rooms. Have a link to the original upload?

here: illusioncards.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=4660
i just snatched the other one from an user so there's no link

8ch sometimes fucks up image metadata, it did this to AA2 cards as well.

Thanks user that worked.

Always on the interesting cards too

sort of yes

Speaking of farming sims this one has got to be the most confusing one I've played, pressing buttons made me throw away grass and release rodents I had for some reason.

Bump. Is there a farming simulator with automation elements a la factorio?

I've never even heard of this.

i went to a farm once
a chicken fucked up my shit

Star Jew Valley offers a great amount of 'diversity' and pozzed SJW bullshit, so it's technically worse.