/fgg/ - Fighting Game General: Your main will never not be garbage tier Edition

New colab with Arc System Works. Costumes from Guilty Gear and Blazblue announced for the cast.

During a Chinese E-Sports Twitch stream, a new character named Wagui was revealed and the title of the game changed to Yatagarasu (in Chinese): Enter the Eastward.: clips.twitch.tv/vjgamerhk/FaithfulGrouseItsBoshytime

Dr. Fate has been confirmed for Injustice 2.
The game will be released on 05/16/2017. New story trailer confirming Cyborg was released: youtube.com/watch?v=XTeb6WLGIl8
Darkseid is preorder exclusive at release. PowerGirl, Zoom and John Stewart are special skins available on some pre-order bundles.

3 or 4 New Characters teased for the game. 2 new free stages and 5 new DLC costumes were also announced. More information in March. The DLC characters are to be announced in one week.
Arcade version coming to the new NESiCAxLive2 system.

The game will be released on June, 1st. Eliza confirmed as a preorder exclusive character.
Eddy Gordo has been confirmed to be in Tekken 7.
Tekken Revolution to cease support this month.

CPT 2017 detailed: capcomprotour.com/capcom-pro-tour-2017-details/
Kolin has been released as of Feb 28th.

New DLC update announced for arcade, console and PC.
There'll be a retail version of the game compatible with the ones who update their normal game with the DLC.

Shin Hisako has been confirmed as the new character for Killer Instinct.

Ironman, Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers), Captain America, X, Ryu and Morrigan have been confirmed for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. It won't feature assists but tag ins are available at all times. The system will revolve around choosing from one of the Infinity Gems to customize your team, each having a different effect.
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be coming to Xbox One and PC this Tuesday March 7th. It will also get a physical release for PS4 on the same day.

EVO 2017 will feature 9 games: Blazblue CF, GuiltyGear Xrd Rev2, Injustice2, KOFXIV, SFV, Melee, Smash Bros. WiiU, Tekken7 and UMvC3.
Crowdfunding for Unholy Nights to get a physical copy of the SNES fighting game by former SNK devs is up: kickstarter.com/projects/1251527936/unholy-night-snes-fighting-game-console-cartridge
The brazilian fighting game project, TRAF: Trajes Fatais also has a crowdfunding campaing: trajesfatais.com.br/catarse/
Pocket Rumble is going to be a Nintendo Switch exclusive, with Chucklefish publishing the game.

Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/

KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0

KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg

Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH

Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R

The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/eKoax
twitter.com/bansanv3/status/838143282982998017
reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/5xpwt0/why_sfv_normals_feel_so_stubby/
kickstarter.com/projects/1251527936/unholy-night-snes-fighting-game-console-cartridge/description
steamcharts.com/app/45760
play-asia.com/unholy-night-the-darkness-hunter/13/70aw3p?affiliate_id=1041357&tagid=1041357
store.steampowered.com/app/357190/?snr=1_4_4__106
twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/839098603163410433
twitter.com/_Radugue/status/756600109748592640
nichegamer.com/2017/03/08/whip-joins-the-king-of-fighters-xiv/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mains chart

KoF XIV DLC character reveals soon.
Maybe PC version soon too.

Third for best man

Kolin concepts. Dunno why they didn't go with something like these for a alt instead of making her puffy ponytail Cammy.

It's gonna the biggest ruse cruise of my life if one of them isn't Yamazaki. It's probably the only silhouette almost everyone is certain of.

Previous thread: archive.is/eKoax

I just realized how you could technically mod in new characters to sfiv

Replace a alt costume with the new characters model, then replace Omega (or any other edition really) move set with the new character's move set.
As long as the new model skeletons are the same as the original alt costume no problem.

Speaking of Yamazaki, how I get good against that fucker in 97?

Play Terry

I'm the user that asked about fightsticks at the tail end of the last thread and using those charts and shit I got a Hori Rap 4 and I slapped in an octagonal gate and sanwa buttons and shit handles like butter but now I have a whole other question.
In Fightcade I map the directions to the cardinal directions on the stick but it's really hard to play since it can only map up down left and right. Do I have to just deal with it or is there a fightstick friendly option I was too retarded to see?

Swap Botan and Hinako for Ash and Malin for true triggering power.

Can't you map diagonals too? Or does fightcade not support that? I know MAME does.

Is Tekken Tag 1 better on PS2 or PS3?

I didn't see anything to map diagonals

I just wanna play Alpha 3 with shitty BR's.

There is no option to play 1v1 an no way to choose between the original arcade soundtrack and the arranged soundtrack in the HD version, but the graphics are better, so it's your choice.

But why would you need to map diagonals? If you just press a diagonal direction it should work just like that

Alright user, just stop and think for a sec. What direction do you get when you hold, say, up + right? You'll figure it out, I believe in you.

Grapplers suck in Street Fighter cos you're have to be close and you can't combo into throws (*koff* Guy*koff*)

Gill saw Dictator & Decapre and decided he needed a blonde secretary too.

SFV new characters will be Taylor, Azam, Ed and Nadeshiko. (Based on Capcom SFV team's laziness)

Choose your weapon.

postan

I did I solved the Kof14 dlc mystery

Anyways I want to ask, how you guys configure your controllers in fightcade? The options that fightade gave me doesn't end to satisfy me, especially in the SNK games where I often struggle to find a comfortable position so I can
execute A+B or C+D more easily.

What

No you don't get it, those were in the older games it's only bad if the new one does it.

I'm more surprised it took this long for a uneducated chimp out.

It's [CURRENT YEAR] +2 now. Those cunts are in for a rude awakening.

PUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PUREEEEEEEEEEEEEE PUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEE PUREEEE

you forgot the best one

Issat Ken Masters

Fuck man, reading that gave me a good feel

How badly do you think Capcom would fuck up redesigning Rufus if he ever comes back for V, let alone at all?

SNK didn't give two shits about non-buyers, never once said a word of appeasement and simply went on to do their thing. Lo and behold, they didn't go bankrupt.
I wonder if any dev learned a lesson from this?

Polite sage for OT.

Tao Feng
I wonder what to expect from this game. The idea of damaged limbs could be interesting, but the game is a bit slow.

Post the greatest moments you've seen in fighting games. Bonus point if it's OC or if you were in the match.

personal favorite

Wish it was not owned by chinese.

Not much to talk about. Just design talk about how the game should be readable and some techniques they used. Of course, you can argue about some decisions just because you worked hard doesn't mean you did a good job and people on twitter saying how they care so much about those details when in the 2D era they could do much more to looks like deformation and such. I don't even think it's worth it searching since the video will be probably be put up on their GDC channel.

Hey, they chinese are doing a far better job with them then the koreans. With the Koreans and Japs they'd still be in the panchinko mines

How's uSF2 on Nintendo Switch? Were there more demos?
twitter.com/bansanv3/status/838143282982998017

alex was the most fun in tvc

not if you animate properly

Remember Final Fight?

Truly those were better times.

DON'T FORGET WHOMS BIRTHDAY IT IS

ALSO DON'T FORGET HER XRD DESIGN IS REAL BAD BUT I'LL BUY IT ANYWAY DESPITE SAYING 'NO I WON'T BUY REVELATOR'

How is it real bad? Too overdone?

definitely overdone, she has a goggle-eyepatch thing going and pseduo-cat ears that make her look like kokonoe from blazblue. maybe i'm a nostalgiafag but i thought her original design was simple and effective and that's what i liked

but she's a character i overall love in gameplay and personality so i will play her for sure

Nah fam.
I play Cammy in SFV and she is solid as fuck.
I've got to Platinum just basic playing the exact same way I used to play ST on arcades 25+ years ago.

Even before I started the video I knew it'd be Wolf doing a BURNIN' HAMMER at 0 health.

(checked)
(checked)
This is Crapcom we're talking about

I played Cammy and Rog whenever I played back in S1, now they're top tier and I can't bring myself to play them. Doesn't help that SFV just hurts me in general

RIP in pepperoni.

Cammy was top tier in s1

Happy birthday Baiken!

Whenever I saw it brought up, people put her between A and B tier, generally around 7th or 8th, I'm happy playing low A tier or high N tier, but if I find my character is top 3 I generally drop them eg. Sasquatch

This was one of the final tier lists on season 1. Its hard to make her an average character because all her moves are so strong.

I love her Xrd redesign, just like I love Potemkin's and Millia's redesigns.

Omito's streaming

WHERE IS THOSE PC PORTS SEGA?

It's not out until May 26th

Why do they need to babble about realism in SF? Just say the series as always been about cartoony aesthetics. It's like they got some pathological necessity to bullshit.

Definitely too overdone.

Patrician taste right there. I'm more of a Menace guy though.

On the matter of VF, got to play a bit of VF2 in Yakuza 5. Man, that game is hard to play. Doesn't help that the AI acts like a psychic mongoose on steroids even in the Easy setting. It's a good series but IMO it demands a lot of the player for it to start being enjoyable. Some games you can play at entry level and still have a good time but not with VF.
My uneducated two cents anyway.

Good job.

Happy Birthday Baiken! How old is Baiken anyway?
Her Xrd redesign isn't that bad. At least it's not as bad as some of SFV's redesigns.

I forgot, but why what was supposed Cody to be on jail?

In story? Rumor is almost exactly or over a century, since she's seen the destruction of Japan from the Gears firsthand (hence her lost arm and eye). Lorewise, it's due to her ki, which in universe is a way for people to stay youthful (or specifically, the body ages slower), healthy, etc. (well, healthy long lives for most people, but it seems that the youthful appearance is dependent on when you practice improving ki) longer than those who don't improve it. The Japanese in said universe naturally have an immense amount of ki, so it goes without saying that Baiken would have a lot too and still look the age she is (and why May still looks the way she does at her age). Kliff was able to still kick ass at his old age thanks to ki.

He was framed by Poison during an incident. The funny thing is Cody doesn't give a shit because he was always a misfit who loved to beat the shit out of people. As much as he loved Jessica, he didn't care about the city or anyone, as he used Haggar and the Gears as an excuse to punch someone. Even Rolento was disappointed with him in Alpha 3. Cody knows he's an aggressive ass-hole. He is one of the few characters Capcom made interesting, and didn't screw up yet.

Can't we just stop comparing any news related to Fighting Games at SFV?

Ono and Capcom deserved to get the balls kicked in for SFV, so no.

Yeah but it's seriously circlejerk at this point. They don't come here, they don't take suggestions from here we just say how much we hate them whereas agreeing with each other

I ain't paying $40 unless they re-redrew the sprites with more experienced animators

She sure stored a lot of ki between XX and Xrd.

The only thing they deserves is to be ignored. It's way worse than what's going on right now.
Capcom doesn't deserve all that communication. Positive or negative. Other games were dead and had no com with way less bullshit.

Based on it's sales, that's exactly whats happening.

>>>/reddit/

Plenty of other games have died, but few other games have had such a perfect shitstorm of censorship, unfinished releases, awful balance/design, bad character models, bad netcode, corporate bribery, and consumer backlash. It never gets old.

Circlejerk is a term older than reddit though, but whatever nothing really important

I'm not sure but I heard even Melty Blood sold more in its first week than SFV did in its first week. You really have to fuck up hard for this kind of thing to happen, might not be true though I don't remember the source

I don't like the terminology being overused by reddit either, but the word is being used properly in this context. There are more people just hating on SFV than actually trying to play and promote other fighting games.

It's an on-going shitshow. At some point I was hoping to see them get their act together but now it's the morbid curiosity of staring at this trainwreck get uglier. Capcom's the progressives of game development - something blows up in their face but do they admit fault or try a different approach? Nope. Double down that shit.
I admit the only reason I didn't get the game at launch was because there wasn't any character in the vanilla roster that particularly interested me; then after launch, the criticism started piling in so I decided to wait for the "Alex patch"; that didn't solve a thing. Meanwhile, KoF XIV which looked ugly as sin in its announcement trailer was looking better with every update (bi-weekly IIRC).
Currently, I'd rather discuss other games (though I'm but a lazy débutante KoF player and still peeping Xrd-chan from the shadows) but I'll chime in on SFV whenever there's a update.

No, it's not. Not by the community, not by the sponsors.
The problem is not the sale, the problem is exactly what said.

I have an idea. Recently there's been Holla Forums book club threads when anons would play a game and discuss it a week later. Why don't we try that with fighting games? We'll play a game, see if we find any interesting tech and maybe play some people online. Then one week later we'll discuss what we thought of the game and maybe have a little tournament for those who participate in the fightan book club events.

It kinda implies doing another group than InfinityFGC. AFL would not be pleased.

Was FF2 or FF3 any good?

Omake: reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/5xpwt0/why_sfv_normals_feel_so_stubby/

Yeah, that would be a problem. The only thing is that InfinityFGC hasn't really had any major events since New Year's Beatdown besides the weekly Xrd tournaments.

InfinityFGC are just a bunch of biased faggots, tbh fam.

Stick, pad or keyboard?
I has a Hori EX2 with I want to update the innards with Sanwa/Seimetsu

Stick. A Hori stick, but with Sanwa parts already. I like its weight and dimensions.
But my favorite thing on it is the button layout. It's not Vewlix style, it's Namco Noir style.

I've been using a keyboard for almost two years now and it's surprisingly done me good.

Street Fighter V is shit
i regret buying into Season 2 Pass bullshit

i took a look at that new character after not playing this shit for weeks. its very shit

what a failure of a game this is

i want to go back when USFIV was still big at the very least

I'm sure you can't use keyboards in tournaments, so if you plan to go to one it's a bad idea. Otherwise it's probably the best choice up there with hitbox sticks

The mistake is less to play on keyboard than play on keyboard with a fucked up layout.
Basically, if you have your controls on your right hand (usually, the arrow keys) and if you're used to it, you're fucked. You'll have to relearn or to build a specific hitbox.

fuck

If you liked Final Fight you'll like 2 and 3. 2 is more of the same gameplay wise but you can play as Maki, 3 added new features like running attacks and 2nd player cpu.

I don't care about SFV anymore.

Heh, imagine if LUCIA joined SFV… Blonde Fighter V!
Does FF2&3 still have jab-turn cancel-jab? Is it still part of the gameplay or considered a glitch?

kickstarter.com/projects/1251527936/unholy-night-snes-fighting-game-console-cartridge/description
a-are we gonna make it?
do you think they'll at least upload the rom if it doesn't get funded?

>steamcharts.com/app/45760
usf4 still has a healthy number of players & about as much as i've seen any good fighter on pc maintain

finding 3s matches on fightcade is still easy enough

there are less players than (((sfv))) but the ones who stuck around are higher quality ime

You mean 31091. The rom will probably find it's way online if it fails, and if you really man a physical copy that badly you can import the jap version;
play-asia.com/unholy-night-the-darkness-hunter/13/70aw3p?affiliate_id=1041357&tagid=1041357

It's piss easy to get an SNES to play jap games without any sort of device or modding,

In my experience tourneys that forbid keyboards usually forbid hitboxes as well, because they basically function in the same way.

Why? KB macros?

too bad it's on the worst system for fighting games and it isn't a new version of a better street fighter game

Is any system that isn't the PS4 or the PC the worst system for fighting games?

Nah, it's just the switch has too many problems going for it's controls to be decent for fighters.
Also a lot of the games run worse in docked mode than portable mode for the switch.

No pictures yet but according to the wikia, Lei-fang gets the Jam costume, Marie Rose the Platinum one, Helena Millia's, Phase-4 Mu-12's and Rachel gets Baiken's.

Was almost sold on Nyotengu's Dizzy costume but I oughta save for KoF DLCs.

I thought that DLC was out already?

Since when the default controller of a console is an argument? If it is, PC a shit.
Also, if you really want a stick compatible Switch, wait for a software update of a PCB like the Brook Universal Fight Board. It's like complaining about the TE2.

So, I ask the question again. Is any system outside the PS4 and PC super bad for fighting games? Because if it is, we can talk about how shitty the PS4 is to run tournaments. How crappy the Profile system is. Same deal on PC, when plug-and-play doesn't really exist from game to game. Tons of games asks you to rerun the game if you disconnect or reconnect a controller.

When the only options available are complete trash that has more problems than a Mad Catz 6th gen controller, it kinda becomes an argument point
The Switch because the games run worse in docked mode than portable mode

You mean, like the DS4? With its shitty Options/Share button? Also, every controllers are trash. If you play fighting games, they all barely stand 1 year.
We don't have a single good console for fighting games. They all are trash.

The DS4 has a decent d-pad and perfectly fine buttons. The Switch doesn't have a proper d-pad, so you're forced to use the analogue sticks. Depending on which d-pad you're using, the stick may be off centre and difficult to control. If you need to use the shoulder buttons, good luck wrapping your fingers around and pressing them.

Furthermore, keyboards are fine as far as controlling fighting games goes. Tournament legality aside, it's a glorified hitbox - unorthodox, but hardly objectively bad.

Good reading skills there buddy, PS4 has more options for controllers than the Switch has and you aren't forced to use a DS4 to get the best of the game like on the switch. The DS4 has prefectly functioning buttons and an actual Dpad, so it's lightyears ahead of the switch options.
The Neogeo

Go to korea

Are you playing with Akira? I think Sarah and Leon are pretty braindead if you know a little about zoning. Also, VF5(FS) was made it easier for new players.

The diagonals are shit to older less lenient games on PC. The triggers are better than the DS3 but are still shit as buttons. I wish I could use my PS1 pad on it but sony had to jew their way and prevent that by actively block older controllers and force me to buy new ones/adapters.

Well, I'm your regular KOF guy. Ask what you want to know. Show some replays of your matches, so we can help you to improve. I'm all for talking about other games But I don't know jack shit about guilty gear and I'm a complete casual at VF and Tekken. And that's why I try to avoid my opinions on SFV when I get the chance to do the OP Just facts and actual news about the game. Nothing more.

I've been getting recommended "marvel contest of champions" content by jewtube. I looked at it and it's just the world's most shallow fightan with an SFV-tier cashshop.
People like this?

Sega Saturn if you get that 4Mb cartridge to play Capcom's 2D titles. Sega Dreamcast also has a truckload of fighting games. And the PS2 has a lot of good compilation releases for both Capcom and SNK titles.

In 2, I played the girls and Lau. But again, it's just playing against the AI in short bursts and feeling overwhelmed rather quickly.
Most of my real experience with VF is VF4:EVO, here I dallied a bit with almost every character but if I had to call mains, it would be Aoi (pure waifufaggotry, won't lie) and Vanessa (move set is pretty fun).

My problem with KoF (and practically every FG) is that I'm a single player at heart. I get pulled into those games and neglect FGs. Years ago, I'd play a lot of almost any FG I could get (had tons for the DC) and I wouldn't give a shit if I didn't have anyone to play with. Fast forward to the PS3 and getting schooled in online matches gave me some perspective so I decided to get a bit more serious and once I saw the time I had to invest, I narrowed down the games I wanted to play. I think another reason is that from the PS3 onward, I didn't have my ol' trusty Saturn pad to rely on (also used it on the DC).
But on KoF XIV proper, one issue is that I still haven't settled on a team. I mostly play Party Mode and almost exclusively pick Luong; I've been gradually improving with her but from what I saw, I haven't tapped her true potential which seems to be Max Mode cancels and instant overheads. Second, I still don't know how to deal with projectile characters; from what I've been seeing, it takes nothing short of a very well anticipated jump at just the right distance. And hops; I can't get those consistently and I know they're a huge factor.
Really hope Yamazaki is added because he's my old KoF and CvS main so he'll be on the team regardless of being good or bad (hopefully SNK won't monkey paw this like Capcom did with Alex - it's like they keep nerfing him to discourage people from ever asking for something again).

Pardon the shitty blog post.

Kind of ironic considering that 4:Evolution is by far the most hardcore entry in the series. 5 actually casualized the series quite a bit, but it's not like the vast majority of people would notice.

Ok, let's break it down to some parts.

See vid. Fireballs are nowhere near as glodly as '98 or older games.

I would say it's more important to find your other characters and team order than going so deep with just one character. Look for waifus, cool aesthetic or different archetypes (I like to play with Athena but also with Shermie and they're completely different characters). If you like Luong's normals, try Mai or maybe a grappler like Goro Daimon. I don't think anyone is close to Yamazaki other than Luong and her leg thing, maybe Geese for his counters or Vice/Iori for crazyness/sadist personality.

Well, on the DS4 I usually just do a little tap on the analog stick for short hops and go back to use the dpad. For super hops, I just do on the dpad the quick down-back->up-forward motion but immediatly input down so the super hop comes out. It takes a little practice and I think it's easier on older games (probably because of the DS4) but you'll get it one day.

Like I said, VF5FS is easier to play especially compared to VF4 like said.

You're kidding

They'd have to do some top tier rusing if that one shadow isn't Yamazaki, I don't think you have to worry

Go look up the stuff on zelda. Handheld mode works fine, docked mode has similar problems that the wii u version gets.

Still better than Potemkin or Axl.

You're just jealous of his THICKLY MUSCLED LEGS. I actually do prefer his new design though.

He looks like a fucking surfer dude when every previous version had a more biker-like aesthetic.
Also, flag shirts > flag pants

What the fuck kind of surfers do you even see, friend?

I recall getting VF4:EVO for a good deal at the time. Bought it together with DMC1. Now that was good Xmas.
I played it a lot, climbing the ranks in Quest with Aoi. Really good AI but still cheeseable.

I recall Sega having a really good sale for VF5, even had customization packs real cheap and I was aiming to get the game plus two of those (that way I could focus on the game instead of being a insatiable slut over items) for about €15 but the goddamned PSN cards were sold out everywhere I went (Sony was in the middle of changing them).

I think I remember some nuance to Luong, like you had to do j.B to go over Robert's fireball.
I don't think it's the fireball itself but the characters that can zone well also have a slew of other tools to shut down approaches but if I can consistently avoid taking damage, that oughta force the opponent into doing something.

I tried Mature but my hands are still a little too clumsy for her.
Mian is not for me, at least not until I have solid fundamentals. Ditto for Hein.
I like Antonov but it's a life of suffering.
Maybe I should try out Geese. Played him a bit and got some idea of what he can do at a basic level.

If Yamazaki is added, I wonder if they'll change him heavily.
While XIV was still in the development cycle, there was some interview where they mentioned that if Yamazaki and Mary were added, they'd have to be changed. Yamazaki because his play style doesn't fit the game's speed and Mary because of balance (either too good or too weak).
And IIRC later they said those two weren't considered because FF was already heavily repped in the game.

On one hand, the clogs and helmet look stupid. On the other, Heat Knuckle Extend looks great.

I think Xrd Potemkim looks better, but I won't try to excuse the clogs. I just liked the suit of armor more than the big nig with the slave collar.

UltMvC3 on pC?
store.steampowered.com/app/357190/?snr=1_4_4__106

Fuck off Capcom.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:bb16aaf397bc4dc3b431dad8578a3cc90f54d3f4

Do you think there'll be VtM:B customizations for Eliza?

Nah, I'm not even giving them money for MH anymore.

Why do you think people would want that kind of shit?

Tell me when someone makes a Remix mod to actually make the game fun and I'll pirate it.

Magnet torrent to?

I don't wanna take this ride anymore.
It's like CVS2. I still think it's the best 2D fightan ever, but I don't want a new release for it.

Now that I've played it a little I'll give a short review

Don't know about the netcode talk to someone that still gives Capcom shekels.

According to some of the guys in the area that are stuck on the capcom dick say the online is still garbage.

Why isn't SF3 parrying more widely attempted in fighting games, and not just a character-specific gimmick in some of them?

And why do games that do have parrying mechanics always inputs that aren't f./d.? (Jam's b.>f. parry, D in Melty, Just Defense in Garou)

Does Capcom have a patent on it?

A SF3-faggot is going to yell at me for saying this but; Basically it wasn't considered fun by most people. It was also something that wasn't obvious to normalfags. Compare it to just guarding which feels natural to do and would easily be discovered through regular play. SF3's parry not only feels unnatural it broke a lot of the meta established in SF2.

I enjoy it because it's different but that's why I don't think you see it attempted very often. It works better as something character specific where you give up something in return for begin able to do it.

Which SF is best? the many versions of 2? 3rd Strike? Zero1/2/3? Or EX?

Stop caring about this thread, Holla Forumsirgil, and go back to the Switch threads.

ST

Street Fighter EX2 plus is the best overall and Street Fighter Alpha 3 is the best for stupid fun

Tell me about Nina. Why does she wear the dress?

A lot of loyalty for a member of the Mishima Zaibatsu.

She's a lewd girl

aw yisssss, best girl getting best girl's costume. Thank you whoever at Team Ninja made that happen, you are a true man of taste.

She was marrying Jin or maybe Steve

user, please stop

KoF XIV's DLC characters confirmed for beautiful hair

Getting BLACKED by Eddy.

Not if she knows how to block.

netcode is better than sfv on my end
really better than umvc3 console netcode
definitely

like USFIV maybe?

It doesn't matter who we are. What matters are our bnbs. (I suck at this.)

Tina got Bullet's and Kokoro got…whoever that chick with the gorilla fembot is.

He's coming back more lovable than ever.

If I low parry you, will you die?

It would be extremely painful…

You're maining Gigas.

Thoughts on MvC3 PC?
I only just started playing it today and I think it's ok, like Tatsunoko vs Capcom more but that's the only current issue I have with it so far.

4U

Her optimal shit is 623 L, a.H , 236, 214S(Fly), 236, 214S(Unfly) a.H. Land. Into another set of Fly unfly fireballs to 623 Super.
Morgan is generally a shit character unless you cancel fireballs with the flys.

Its simple like TvC with its magic series. But after that, its nothing like TvC.
A baroque guard cancel would be cool in MvC.

tfw I had received some salt thanks to my mains too.
Feels good man.

It is sad to know the XBOX might never be emulated for the lack of interest in the exclusives. But that's life I guess.

Stick of course.

She's imitating a better girl.

Well, good luck on your mains quest.

Yamazaki I don't know, but Mary probably would be shit tier along with Chang and Xanadu since she's more of a poke and counter based character in a game where MAX-cancel combos and fireballs that can be super cancelled into supers are so strong. They need to be creative for her to be decent to good. At least as a battery character.

She's Celica pal And that's worse for her, maybe

So, Ash?

Ryo on KOF has f/df+B parries since '99, I think. Big Band from Skullgirls has literal 3rdStrike parries. Yatagarasu has a parry button just like Last Blade.

I think the other games just don't want to be seem like as copy maybe? The many jumps from KOF are rarely seem if not for character specific things too.

God VF is fucking poetry, no firefall, comeback shit, just pure skill, its a shame its dead in the US.

And if you're on x-ism you have to do the cancel motion manually.

Final Fight 3 is the best final fight.

Its not that people aren't interested in the exclusives, its that nobody is interested in working on an Xbox emu, at this point you can buy one cheap and soft mod it yourself.

Question, does street fighter 3 works in fightcade without having to play online?

Balance is really shitty, and the community pushed a lot of people away from games like MvC2 and Third Strike. You had people who spazzed out if you didn't pick the "ideal super art," or even picked a top-tier let alone shit-tier character like Sean, Hugo, Remy, or Twelve.

It could be better.

How does X-23 on point, Sentinel and Nemesis anchor sound?

there is a few small pockets left, but at least VF2 HD and VF5:FS are still active on the PS3 if you go by japan time.
Sega really needs to fucking port the games to the PC already, it's getting to the point where even japs are begging for the ports in fear of sony killing off PS3 online.

yes, just type /play in the chat for any fightcade game, and you can play around in singleplayer.

Wish I still played DOA.
Worst girl as worst girl.

Thanks, too bad that for some reason my rom of sf3 doesn't work

I don't use fightcade, but couldn't you just run the rom in a mame emulator?

Stick
Say what you want, I have positive experiences with Mayflash F300

Thanks for the tips for getting optimal stuff. This just seemed like something decent to start on 50% and filled the meter for it's super ender

great taste mate

what

It's time

Customizing characters in Tekken is great fun. Too bad the items are practically useless outside of a very small amount.

Cammy or Ibuki?

Chaf, please leave

Yeah the lack of D pad support is pretty retarded.

I know right, I went there telling them with my clear objective and not bias thoughts that the woman from injustice didn't have male proportions and their clear subjective bias views make me look of images of realistic skeletons xray'd on to them to show me other wise. But of course with my clear view I called them bias and I asked why do vidya gayme wymen have to look realistic, that sure shown them. :^)

Not a hard choice

Well, looks like Harada wants to put Eddie, the Bears and other console exclusive characters to the arcade version: twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/839098603163410433

The costume would be better without the horns and wngs.

You can just use the FBA emulator that comes with Fightcade. There's a trainer to play on training mode too.

Well, there's a rompack on the OP

fucking dolphins man.

guys i play BB since CT and i feel curious about GG it looks fun, should i wait to rev 2 or just buy a cheap copy of sign to try it?

None.

Let me show you the TRUE elena.

If you don't want to pay full price and it's on sale somewhere you can just hop straight into Rev. Rev2 can be bought as an upgrade once it releases, Arcsys finally understood.

SOON

Here's hoping for Ryuhaku Todoh, Shingo and at least 2 literal Kyo clones.

I would be extremely happy if Ryuhaku Todoh was finally playable in KoF and Shingo returned

after all, NESTS doesn't want Iori clones.

Last time I played DoA5 it only had ranked match as an online setting, did they add anything else yet?

This is from Tekken vs Street fighter?

Not at all. A guy was trying to fix her neutral stance using fan made autorigs.
twitter.com/_Radugue/status/756600109748592640

Akuma learned a new move while training in the harsh wildernesses of Chicago.

oh, okay. that cool. thanks.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

wew

PC RELEASE WHEN??

MY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
I don't have my Whip reaction faces, fuck

OK, so one spot is already wasted on worse girl. I wonder what is next.

Mai has been in the game since launch bro.

Just wait, nigger. I'm sure she's coming too, especially if those digits are anything to go by.

Pic related.

That's not Mai, or Momoko.

Nah, Mai is still better that K' sister clone whatever IMO. Mai in a KoF game is the standard.
But I guess SNK will not risk uncommon characters in the DLC. They will probably launch only the most requested, so I expect Shingo, Vanessa and Yamazaki.
Not the most fantastic pack, they they will sell well.

No, it's flashing you an okay sign for having better taste than the other faggot.

3 more characters, start praying to your god of choice.
tfw I can't get disappointed because I already know the characters I want are never gonna happen

Post the KoF XIV character you wanna see come back the most. but post only one.

w

I already did, and it came true. That said, the only complaint I have now is I miss Ralf's running tackle from the older games. That move has saved my bacon on more than one occasion against my friends trying to mash something out and it puts me right in their face.

Never ever

Go to sleep Joey

It just keeps getting better.

Talk about shit taste

learned footsies thanks to this girl

now all that i have is Jam but i miss my b cup chinese loli

Expected but still hype.

I hope I'm right about the other silhouettes as well. It was cool of them to show how hers fits in the tease.
So, one trailer per week?

Noice

Looks like it.
Honestly, I think one of the last 3 characters will be a former boss character. Then they'll get a boss team with them, Antonov and Verse.

nichegamer.com/2017/03/08/whip-joins-the-king-of-fighters-xiv/
Whip is out April 5th and will cost $4.99

My wallet is very sad.

On the other hand, I don't know of any other games I'm buying for a while, so I guess I can spare some coin for SNK.

maybe there will be a discount bundle.

She was a lot of fun. Both as a character and in terms of gameplay.

A bit pricier than I expected but comparatively speaking, it's a good price.

Yeah. If we're really getting Yamazaki and Mary (or Vanessa), I might grab the whole group and get a character I don't really care much about as well.
I think it's going to be Yamazaki, Shingo and Mary or that Whip-fanatic artist is right and it's Yamazaki, Vanessa and Shroom because the more I look at that silhouette, the more plausible that seems.

fuck

Fuck

Eat a dick, Atlus.

God damn it Atlus.

Watch, they'll round up all the characters to 35 syrup dollars instead of the 32.33 conversion rate because fuck Canada love atlus

Hell, I always hear how good was she but I didn't know that she was THAT good I got to gill in matter of minutes.

Fucking yes
fuck no

This makes me happy that I don't really keep up with newer fighting games. I'll just stick to ac+r and kof XI and wait for the final version to come out.

Well if KoF XIII's PC release is anything to go by, the eventual PC port will probably include all the characters I hope

Fightan was already subject to enough jewry with edition shenanigans, this is over the fucking line.

it won't

You know, I should have listened to the anons who were concerned about Atlus as the publisher. Since they charge a fuckload for P4A2 and won't ever have the DLC go on sale, or if it does, the ultimate pack is still $50 for a digital copy of the game. Not to mention they did the usual ArcSys bullshit with making a second version of the game you'd have to buy at basically full price. Speaking of which, this is how Atlus still makes money on these games used, because the next person who wants the DLC has to buy it on their account even if they got the game cheap.

Sage for blogpost. Fuck Atlus' DLC practices. SNK is making me lose faith.

SNK self published it Japan, all the choices they make for the game is on them alone. Not atlus, they just did the same thing they did with KoF XIII; localize it and sell it how SNK wants.
Atlus is shit, but this fuck up is on SNK.

Yeah, but I feel like it'll be 500¥ in Nipland. I mean, I have no proof, but that's the gut feeling I got.

just wait till they post pricing on the jap twitter account tonight and we'll find out

Why are fighting game girls so cute?some of them can be whores, but gosh darn it, so many cute girls are in these games

I forgot another cute girl

The closest I can think of that even acts like that is Ibuki. I say that jokingly but she every other thing she says is wanting to meet guys.

There's some cutie-patooties.

Maybe I should give KoF a try

Holy shit gaming is dead.

Do it, user.

(checked)
On second though I'll just stick to Tekken

Pretty sure Eliza and whatever else Harada shits out will be around the same price.

I hope not but, we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm tired of waiting

Please no, what happened?

are you talking about the preorder character?

Well outside of the pre-order exclusive character you got;
A season pass, which bamco always goes full jew with and Bamco confirming that all their PC games will have Denuvo.

whip?
seriously fucking whip?

her fanbase is so fucking small the last time I saw someone play her seriously was in 02.
they give such less of a shit about this roster filler of a character that they named her fucking whip. that's like calling a sword user "sword".

for all those reposting the same 20 pictures of porn that you always do. I'm sure your happy your fantasy cum dump made it into a game you never play, and will be shit as she always is, with a kit that's boring and repetitive as hell. But none of that matters because you never bought the game in the first place, instead your just happy to see that porn artists are gonna be obligated to draw her getting her shit pushed in with a whip and brown hair being the only indicators that its actually Whip getting fucked.
Skip the middle man and just do it yourselves.

At least Shermie faggots actually play the damn game and are good at it.

I wish they added Maki Genryusai to SFV. I'm sure they would do an amazing job with her and would probably make me buy the game

I'm mad

please end this meme

That's an understatement.

This needs to die.

Familiar but not on the top of the request list. Seems like a test DLC character to see how much they can get away with. If there is a complete version I'll buy XIV but for now It seems like SNK is stepping up their "modern industry" business tactics now that they have their foot in the door with current popularity.

I just thought about something, I have a secondary or main grappler in just about every game I play. Also, new and improved mains list, updated to be more accurate

Her other alts looked more interesting but I guess they really wanted to re-use Cammy's mesh. Heck! There's even mods fixing it.

Could just be that someone on the dev team really likes her or they felt the weapon brings something new to the table. They might want to add characters people asked for and characters they want to add. And if there's another batch coming down the line, they'll want to keep a few "hype aces" up their sleeves.
I played her a lot in '99 so I'm happy. Though it's Yamazaki I'm most hopeful for.

I didn't think one could switch mains in a fighting game series that quickly without putting more time and dedication into each game. Also I thought you were the Kumafag.

fuck, meant to say Kuma to King.

yeah, I like Kuma, but i'd consider him more of a secondary. When push comes to shove in tekken, I find myself going to King more than Kuma, and for the tager switch, I've just been puting more and more time into tager, Bang is still hype though. And for the other switches, it's just a character preference thing, same with King. The only new game on that is Sol Cal 2, just picked that game up the other night, been playing it since.

fuck, im dumb

don't worry about, I find myself criticizing other often anyway. But if Maxi's your SC2 main, he's in the SC3 slot on the chart.

don't worry about it.*

goddamnit

Gentlemen, and improbable ladies, there is not one single fighting game in the market not jewing us all the way to the Lamentation Wall.

What. They've already confirmed there will be 4 characters and they'll all be revealed through out this month.

He means instead of just blowing their load and saying "They're all coming April 5th and each character will be $6 with a bundle to get a discount". The bundle part is wishful thinking from me, but you get the idea.

I made this out of shitposting and I hardly watch Max, did anything ever come of him saying nigger out loud on stream?

What do you expect? Nuffin'.
He cried, says he was sorry and the fan pack defends him.
But you really have to wait until he says "Nigger" on stream to shitpost on that guy?

I feel like the only thing to shitpost about him with is he gets a shitload of money for being incompetent and saying nigger, he's not like others in the FGC.

I saw plenty of people believint that the guy holds the FGC for the most part.
This is the kind of bullshit that I can barely stand. And that makes the "nigger" act easily defendable and negligible. Not just by the fans.

a little bit yeah, I've barley seen shit from this guy other than a small handful of his posted matches and boss rage series, he just seems like a painfully typical dude-bro, I forget everything about him in like 10 minutes after he's brought to my attention.
Him saying nigger at least gives me something to latch on to about him.
seriously?

I guess there's that too.
Fans can play the games he streams and promotes but they're definitely not part of the FGC, he streams so much his dedicated viewers wouldn't have time to play anything he tells them to buy.

That makes this video even better.

Pretty much, and got a bunch of people donating and saying it's fine.

Free money for the devs and the only time I have to deal with his fans is the ten seconds it takes to notice that a stream I was watching started hosting him.

C'mon

Well, now I have second thoughts if Blue Mary and/or Shingo are in. It's going to be expensive with Nakoruru and Sylvie costumes.

Thanks, but I'm not really good with her. And she would be pretty shit in XIV
Whip with actual combos might be fun.

Muscle Maiden Chun Li

And to think i was praising SNK all the time for not being kikes like Crapcom.
I guess i was wrong, fuck you SNK!
Hope you go bankrupt a second time you filthy kikes!

Is there any recent fighting games that doesn't shill like filthy jews?

Only the most unknown titles, and mostly on PCs. The big ones are all guilty.

Combat Core looks like vomit.

And?
user, I don't care. The game delivers what it promised, it works and it was made by almost entirely by one guy.
I didn't expect it to look like Power Stone, only to play well enough. And it does.
I hope the developer can improve it later.

I didn't care if you cared, I just wanted to point out that it looks like vomit because of the effects used and the colour scheme in tandem with them, which affects the readability of gameplay IMO.

It would go a really long way just removing floor reflections since it doesn't add anything and takes away so much from how the game looks.

Anyone played Chaos Code? comes out on the 15th for PC

now i dont have to wait for the NesicaXLive version

best choice.

Never ever ever

So, why don't you just ask the developer?
And say exactly what you think and why? HE might listen. Or not. But would be much more effective.

I told him I'd fuck Skatie on twitter and he blocked me.

Well, with that shit taste, I would tell you to fuck off too.

But talking about other western fighters, here we have another story trailer.

I don't need to remind about Dizzy and Kum, right? Also, new characters don't have the same value as someone who's returning after more than 10 years. Although considering the price, I'll only get costumes for the characters that I regularly play and will only buy the characters that really pick my interest like Whip Sorry Yamazaki and Vanessa, only Shingo, Blue Mary, Shermie, Brian and Ash will have a chance to be on my PS4 now.

Speaking of DLC, for some reason, Christie is Jack-O. At least Lei Fang will be the obvious one.

With these costumes, you're almost gonna get me into DoA5. Is the PC version worth playing at all? I'd be fine with just playing Kasumi or Ayane for now.

This years Capcom PT is gonna be a fucking shitshow.

I don't get the bitching over the DLC characters. They made a game that;
But as soon as they announce 4 DLC characters and they're a dollar more expensive than what everyone thought, they get shot down to Capcom and NetherRealm tier. We don't know when the other characters are coming, or if there is a bundle for they. All we know is the price of one character. I get being disappointed that the price isn't what you wanted or bitching that there is no PC version yet, but they handled the game better than 90% of the competition for this Gen.
I'll start calling them kikes if they port it to PC and use Denuvo tho

Nitro+ and Blade Arcus are fucking great whenever the community gets together for events

I agree with this, the game came out with more than twice roster of most other fighting games. I doubt DLC characters being 6$ is going to hurt the game much

More miffed at Atlus' gaffe, to be honest.

Maki and Lucia in SF5… that would be gud

All this image achieves is reminding how fucking awful SF's artstyle has been since 4.

They'd end up playing like garbage.

it is a garbage game after all
no surprise there

That was a genuine huge fuck up, even their PR newsletter said 4.99

Jackasses.

Anyway, giving this a might more thought, I'm finding the price easier to stomach since the 2 stages will be free, the Athena costume was free, costumes are reasonably priced, there was a boatload of free PS4 themes (though I'd put those on the "it's the thought that counts" category) and, probably more importantly, if this trailer is of any indication, each character comes with a new/remixed music track as well.

only in Yurop. They're $3 per costume here in the US while it's 1,50€ over there.

But we're almost becoming a third world shithole so it's only fair we get lower prices.

In all seriousness, it is quite the difference. Even $2 would be a good margin in their favor but $3 to €1,50 is some real bullshit. Sometimes prices get adapted to the EU market (Sega does that a lot) but it's always a small difference to make them as even as possible.

newthread

They are asking you to spend half the price of the full game for 10% of more content.
And you still pretend that is not a problem?

Exactly, Ono should just stop with this "huge feet and huge hands" fetish of his.

Jamais.