Why do autists praise this GoT tier mediocre game? The controls, combat animations, and progression are shit...

Why do autists praise this GoT tier mediocre game? The controls, combat animations, and progression are shit. The lore isn't interesting. The story is divided into a bunch of chapters, ruining all sense of open endedness. Overrated tbh.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1340357-Release-Gothic-½-—-SystemPack-(ENG-DEU)
forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1485121-D3D11-Renderer-für-Gothic-2-(alpha)-20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I couldnt get into the first one, the controls sucked and a lot of it just didnt make sense.

Then you have

I pulled out my sword, in front of the castle guards walk a few steps, sheathed it and delivered the letter.

I also robbed the main house of their swords, and food but that was another story altogether.

So you dont have to join a camp to see the wizards?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out reddit

ebin XDD

I can only assume based /sp/ triggered some goons again.

Thank fuck blanket statements and subjective opinions don't mean shit on the internet. You are a fucking moron OP. Kill yourself or get out.

How you know someone is not good at Gothic.

Because Holla Forums is full of hipsters.
/thread

not if you abuse glitches, which is shit though. and i think you can bribe torus, but it takes an absurd amount of money that you will never be able to get before you join a camp.

ITT: Spot the underaged nu-Holla Forumstards.

I enjoyed Risen.
Like, the original Risen.
I never played any of the Gothic games or any of the other Risen games.
Where do I start?

Kill yourself.

Gothic with the System Pack then G2 with the System Pack and alternatively with the DX11 renderer as well if you have a DX11 video card.

forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1340357-Release-Gothic-½-—-SystemPack-(ENG-DEU)
forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1485121-D3D11-Renderer-für-Gothic-2-(alpha)-20

I mean I wouldn't call Gothic god tier. In-fact, I'd say it's pretty shitty.

Reminder
GIT GUD

Exactly my thoughts. I was reading OP's post and my exact words were "What the fuck? Why do I even keep posting here?" The fucking shits are ruining Holla Forums, I just can't be the only one who thinks Holla Forums was invaded recently. Gothic 2 is a mediocre game? LOL

Eat shit and die you fucking hipster contrarian kid

It will get a little better with you gone.

All western rpgs are trash.

Germans.

I applaud OP for having his own opinion and not ascribing to the hive mind. It's literally what keeps this place from turning into neofag. Or worse /pol.

Your favourite game is shit.

Too bad that Holla Forums already is a hive mind you faggot. You know what OP wrote to demolish a classic RPG game? A bunch of "it's not interesting,"it's shit,"it's over rated." That is his argument. How about you fuck off instead?

Hello. Whats it like not having a job or no life?

Your mother is overrated too, OP. Yet she is still quite popular.

Gothic series were really overrated tho.
It is Halo tier "My first FPS ever" of RPG genre.
Most laughable is the poormans Ultima features - You can cook in campfire pots! Without creating any edible, you can mine ore in mines! Without obtaining any ore, you can use blacksmith forge, anvil, cold water claudron, grinding gear! A 4 step-smithin… just to create most basic, useless and worthless blunt sword…

You have alive environment with night and day cycle! NPCs never travel, they only stay at their camp and go get some sleep during night however I'm not sure if they even did that, traders never restock their inventory, monsters do never respawn on their own but finishing chapter and beginning of next one automatically, magically respawns whole map of them.

Weapon skills are useless, giving you additional move "hold attack for X continuous attacks to see ebin move" that does nothing, same damage as normal one… but slower, you end spamming and releasing attack to use only most basic left/right swing which is fastest and most effective.

You want magic? Fuck you, you have to join Red Mages in chapter 1/2 or you get locked out, then you join Blue Mages in 3rd chapter to obtain all spells, in this particular order or you get jack shit.

You are in mages guild and want to train melee/archery? Sure buddy go ahead, you can become as efficient fighter as you wish, no restrictions.

You are in fighters [old camp guards/weed lmao camp guards/new camp mercs] guild? You cannot train any magic school at all, fuck you.

TL;DR Gothic is garbage

controls are shit. combat animations at the begining are shit too, but they actualy change when you spend skill points on them.
progession is some of the best in any rpg ever. you start out as a hobo who has to struggle to just get to the first camp safely and turn into a demigod at the end. but not in a bethesda kind of way where the enemies scale with you so getting more powerfull doesnt actualy mean shit.
that would be your opinion and i for one would disagree.
its not supposed to be open ended, its supposed to tell a story with a begining, a middle and an end.

the controls are indeed shit, the translation and localisation to english is also shit, but in every other point you are full of shit.

are you comparing it to other rpgs of the time or to your own vision of how a perfect combat system should work?

yes they do. for example between the old mine and the swamp camp. and as parts of quests obviously.
of course they did you moron, how long have you played? five minutes?
yes they do
you have to actualy learn magic from the people that use it? insanity.
mages are basicly a religous order, they dont just teach any retard, even if he feels entitled to it because hes the player.

also, there are scrolls for a reason. they can be used by anyone independently of magic skill and some of them have great utility value for fighters. but i guess you wouldnt know that because you spend your playtime, bitching at the mages for not letting any shitty convict into their inner circle.

(You)?

Had your coffee yet, user?

You fucking moron, you are unable to join red mages after 2nd chapter because they get murdered, getting you locked out of their magic possesions.
No they dont you asshat
Im talking in general about G1 here you mongol if you didn't read it up from chapter shit already

Other shit games Holla Forums pretends to like because everyone else says they are good?
Fallout 1 &2
Morrowind
Deus Ex
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
Age of Empires 2
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy

Any other shit games people want to list?

uguuu weeb rpgs

Only Poles and Germans really like it.

If there was ever proof that reddit was here in full force this would be it.

Be less obvious next time.

Holla Forums usually has a couple of games everyone agrees are good so this is wrong, same with the "Holla Forums hates le vidya xD" meme.

see

I enjoyed the world building the most and the progression from hobo to warrior was nice. The gameplay was pretty shitty to be honest though.

sage for refugee thread

Holla Forums must be under a Polish invasion because Pollacks are the only people who like this shit because it was the only RPG series they had at the time on their potato fields

The fire mages are killed in chapter 4 you double nigger, plus you can then learn from the water mages from that point onward. In one playthrough, I didn't join any of the mages, and after going to the Sleeper's temple, and returning with the sword, I could still join the water mages, and learn all the circles of magic, if I had enough learning points. It's not the game's fault that you are retarded.

You don't get it, because you are ignorant shitkiddies. Gothic came out during the golden age of Video Games, when almost every new Game explored new technologies to makes them more interactive and personal. You want to shit on Gothic? Name a Game from the same time period that does the same things as it, but better. The controls, combat animations, and progression are shit? It took the video games industry five years to make better ones with Dark Messiah and six fucking additional years to rediscover this type of controls and to create Games like War of the Roses and Chivalry. After almost twenty years we finally get to see Games that can really claim to be the next step of evolution from the combat of Games like Gothic, Severance: Blade of Darknes, Dark Messiah and Arx Fatalis with Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come: Deliverance. And during all this time Gothic stood its ground and made even Games like Skyrim and Mount&Blade look pathetic. The lore isn't interesting? Well fuck you lorefags, background stories are not important in Games, what matters is the Story and the content inside of Games and Gothic is still refreshing in a genre that only seems to know the heavy handedness of D&D type of Stories. The type of storytelling in Gothic is the ancestor to the storytelling you see in almost every East European Game to this day, from Witcher, to Metro 2033, Stalker and even Games like Pathologic you can see the influence Gothic had on the mind of the Slavs.

g2 is shit though. g1 is the best.

It's the same fucking game, except G1 has better voice actors and G2 has a better UI.

no it is not. g1 is way better than g2.
anti sage

Kill yourself, redditscum.

notr is the biggest pile of shit. g1 is goat.
anti sage

its literaly gothic 1 but improved in every single way except for the story maybe

this guy. this guy gets it.

Controls are worse.

Also, Rune came out in 2000, a year before Gothic, but the controls are excellent.

Only the responsiveness. The camera and controls are still shit. I have no problem with the character being weak at the beginning of the game, but controllability matters.

It's just a generic medieval eurofantasy theme without anything much of substance.

Open ended is a buzzword?

And gameplay > story.

Yes. At least ARPG games. Even daggerfall and king's field have more advanced and more customizable controls than Gothic or Gothic II.

Its literally the only wrpg that is better than shit. Its all wrpg fans have. Don't take it away from them.

Well, JRPG's are even gayer.

reminder most jrpgs stem directly from Wizardry

admittedly i havent played it, but from googeling it looks like its a somewhat linear action game. why are you comparing it to an open world rpg?

fair enough, but you are comparing a linear game with an open world game.

its not at all the typical fantasy setting that was basicly defined by tolkien.

can you elaborate what you mean by it?

and apples > oranges. it always depends on the game. some games are great because the story carries them, some are great because of the gameplay, very few are great in both areas. still i would argue that gothic 1 had pretty good gameplay for its time, especialy for beeing an open world game.

gothic 1 probably, but in gothic 2 controls were improved alot and you could customize basicly everything.

That's like saying the water is wet, or that Japan is rape.

Nah fam.
But I know morrowalkfags get triggered once you mention Gothic.

They got more creative at creating combat over time, but the world design and quest structure still suck.

What matters is it's an RPG.

No need to bring up tolkien here, it's a bland medieval fantasy.

Free will. My character doesn't need to finish quests in a certain order or do quests at all to become something of value, I can define my own progress or even break the game with my own effort.

To create a good story in video game, it has to be episodic, or even narrated by the player's own exploration of the game. I think Gothic 2 has a bunch of good stories when it comes to player's small and personal actions, but the main story falls apart.

Still not remotely as good as even Daggerfall.

Because the two are distinctly different game. Morrowind fans enjoy a grand exploration of a vast and otherworldly universe while Gothic fans are like GoT watchers who only care about story and characters.

besides, TESfags care about the story and lore as much as they do about exploration

I compare the action aspect of Gothic as an ARPG to other ARPG's. Terranigma and Secret of Mana have better combat than Gothic as well.

And yes, Morrowind and Gothic are two different games, but not for a good reason, they shouldn't have been different in their approach in narrative. I find the open ended pacing of Morrowind to be more compelling than Gothic. And from combat standpoint since both are ARPG games, even with the horrible hit and miss mechanic Morrowind has, it still offers more controlability than Gothic.

They only care about the lore, because discovery of the lore involves exploration. The only time they care about story is when discussing whether the Thalmor are Jews or not.

What is there to discuss? They are Jews. End of discussion.
At most you could discuss if Ulfric is an inbread retard or not.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
MUH CHIM XDDDDD

and arma and call of duty are both shooters.

I wanted to like Gothic but it didn't engage me enough to keep me playing. I did everything I could in the Old Camp but couldn't beat the dude in the Arena so assumed I had to level up a bit to beat him, started wandering around, did some stuff in the New and Hippy camps then lost interest.

Control wise yes, but I meant the whole package. Severance and Rune have better combat, but lack in other things Gothic did. Arx Fatalis has a better cooking system than Gothic, but even worse controls in my opinion. The point is that this generation pushed the interactivity of Games and remained at the top of their genre for almost two decades, because the Gaming Industry turned to shit.

The label RPG means very little once applied to Video Games.
Having blades, armor and magic don't make a setting medieval. Gothic with its barbaric world filled with dinosaurs and strange alien birds is more inspired by the Metal iconography of its time.
The point of Gothic was that the creator didn't just want to make another generic RPG story, meanwhile the Elder Scrolls straight up evolved from Dungeon Crawlers. So no, their approach to the narrative had to be different.