Nioh Thread #6: Buggy Co-Op and Perfect High Fives Edition

Post progress, builds, rare helmets, WebMs, etc. So far I have Divine versions of the Visitor's Dragon, Cloud Dragon, and Lucky Tanuki Kabutos. I had a Tower Ushirodate as well but it wasn't Divine and I got rid of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke
archive.is/agOSE
archive.is/KMIai
nowloading.co/p/nioh-where-to-find-every-weapon-armor-smithing-text/4215551
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dude that's not a high five, he's just slapping his own hands together

i just finished the game, it was pretty good. didnt expect that second ending.

pretty much went full Kusarigama, Ninjutsu and Magic all at the same time.

That dude was a bitch for my plain old 2kat build. Had to rely on killing him as fast as possible via Moment Talisman and Water Sword before the laser beam eyeballs come in to wreck my shit.

lmao2kat

get a real weapon ffffffag

How about no weapon at all?

Man I really wish that build didn't fall off so hard.

i really wish there wasn't a retard speaking on top of that fine piece of gameplay.

you're not funny sh1t1cal.

I have four more trophies including platinum to get. Complete all missions, find all spars, and do 60 blacksmith requests. I'm finding it a bit hard to do these as it feels like grinding but I'm also burnt out due to trying to farm a possible Tower of London smithing text in a vain hope to make divine armor and weapons (I have a divine +4 bastard sword so not to fussed about getting a weapon smithing text). So far I've only come across the Axe of Judgement smithing text so it will be a bit shit if this is the only one you can get at the Tower of London.

You will never have a cute spirit waifu

does she speak french? i dont understand her language.

I think it's supposed to be Gaelic? but I don't know enough to say for sure

Its Irish Gaelic

couldn't make it any smaller/better looking

File size limit is 12MB, you had room. Also you used VP8, where as you have much better quality results with VP9, so give that a spin some time if you have the CPU power for it.

didnt realize i had to change that option to VP9. will retry.

Im really glad its in there, he is pretty funny

You came close to a no damage battle there.

Every time i read or think about "Nioh" it reminds me of this video and this image.

The game looks good

I'm jelly it's exclusive

I want to play it

It's a pretty darn good game. Trying to assemble you perfect NG+ outfit is a little grindy but the actual game itself is great.

He was a lot more enjoyable before he turned his channel into his own personal blog. Shit went downhill fast when he opened a patreon.

So how exactly do you make divine gear gain the +X? Also is there any good level to farm money, reforging costs so god damn much

That always seems to be the case. Once people stop doing it for fun and do it for money instead the magic goes away.

Same. Hopefully they'll port it in a year or two or five.

yeah but i had to be a wiseass and try to shoot him with the cannon.

WHO IN THE FUCK THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA

So ime getting my copy in a couple of days and i have a couple of questions if you gentelman wouldnt mind helping me out.

1) Is there a preffered level cap or do people just level up to whatever they want?
2)I heard something about smith texts or whatever. How does that affect equipment?
3)How does getting and building the most optimal equipment work?
4)Has the game become easier or stayed the same after the demoes? I only played the secpnd one specifically

what a fag

1) Considering the repec item gives you all amrita you've used back, you can respec to any level so I would imagine people just leveling up as much as they can.
2) Smithing texts allow you to forge your own weapons and armor, I never did this though as it seems drops are better unless you get really lucky when forging.
3) After you get into ng+ you get divine drops and you can upgrade them to +10.
4) Seems about the same to me, a bit easier depending on what build you have, as magic+ninjustu can make the game really easy.

Also you can reforge special effects on any weapon or armor to fit your build, for example unlimited ninjustu/magic/ammo or elemental damage.

Anyone know if Takezo's Headband drops anywhere else? I deconstructed it after I hit NG+ thinking I could make a new one but I can't make a divine one and he's only giving me soulstones after the mission now

Arigato user-donno

the final boss was really underwhelming. both of them.

nobunaga and sakon were a lot harder than all of the final bosses.

On smithing your own equipment, it really depends on what kind of armor you're after. If you decide to become part or the Red Demon/Kingo?Unmatched horde, don't even bother. Just fight revenants and you'll have a complete set in about five minutes.
If you want something a bit rarer then smithing is a good way to go, the caveat being that you may need to grind FOR the smithing text itself and as of yet I don't think there are any gides as to who to grind on. Bosses mimics and kappas may be your best bet. A high luck helps to I think.

I've run into similar problems myself.
There has to be some way to make/find divine versions of the novelty headgear.

I've had it drop in other missions, but it's very rare.

At a minimum you can take a +0 and Soul Match it with a +1 to inherit that +1. To get a +2, you combine a +1 and a +1. To get a +3, you combine a +2 and a +2. So on and so forth.

Well fuck

Better than nothing I suppose. You wouldn't happen to remember what missions may have dropped it would you?

1kat or nothin bitch

Have you tried grinding Mr. Bones in NG+?

Actually the ones I found probably came from Revenants now that I think about it.

Yeah, nah

I'm beating the crap out of Ashikaga to try to get the weapon smithing text. This is going to take a while, isn't it? Wearing a Divine Kodama Bowl and a charm with hefty luck bonus.

Item drop rate helps too.

Okay, feel free to leave the thread. Just make sure to take your facebook memes with you.

Got the smithing text. That was annoying.

"If it's got a butthole, leave it to me!"
-t. Kusarigama user, 2017

Why is Pre-Rec so trash?

I ended up finding that I really liked axes later on in the game. I respecced to use them, but I originally started with stats in skill and body with the choices I picked. Am I screwed over now? I am already far in the game and do not want to restart.

do you have to link this in every thread? how much is RLM paying you to shill their garbage videos?

Because one of them is a retarded pussy and the other is a normalfag.

ftfy

That's about right.

What? What about the kappa, the Biwa Boku-Boku, Oni-bi, one eyed imp, mujina, wheelmonk and onyudo?
And he complained about never seeing the wall again when I saw 3 in different areas before reaching the water blob level and if he knew about the mujina too, he'd see more. What the fuck are reviewers doing? Do they just play the game and not look up info to check if they missed something?

i really like the Yatagarasu set that saika guy uses.

That's was a fun way to play for me too. Using the rifle as much as possible felt much more rewarding than I was expecting.

not for the rifle bonuses, it just looks good and isn't overtly decorated like most other sets.

most other armors have like 20 swords, horns, plates and dildos sticking out of them. but yatagarasu is just a simple green-ish attire with a headband for helmet. its visually appealing in its simplicity. the nice amount of rifle bonuses it gives are a nice plus though.

WE WUZ SAMUREY AN SHEEEEEEEEIIIIT

forgot pic but still nice race pandering koei. nice job sticking it near the end too

He's based on a real person dude.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke

more like kangzuke

Leave.

Even if you weren't your joke is shit and you're pretty damn retarded mate.

it was a pretty obvious joke

thats about as real as millions of soldiers participating in a single battle during the antique chinese era

The game has you fighting a 70 foot tall skeleton and a deamon spider teapot, and you're bitching about a loose depiction of semi historical character. What's fucking wrong with you

man that spider was easy.

the ice woman and nobunaga were huge cunts though. and then there's that bullshit fight where you have to fight them both at the same time

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS

I want a Liru pacman

1 million hours later

does it look better now? its right below the file size limit, so still a pain to upload

They call him Honda because he hits like a fucking truck.

whats the point of beating Honda if you can't show it off!

Someone should beat Honda without destroying the crystals.

You can buy more respec books any time.

Beat the game to find out. Also read his fully unlocked character description.

The phrase rings a bell but I don't recall the meaning.

On a scale of buy to don't buy how good is this game?

ayyy lmao, smh tbh fam

If you already have a PS4 then there is absolutely no reason not to buy it.

This.

personally, i thought 60$ and 80$ for the "someday there will be DLC guise" version was too much, so what i did is buy a secondary digital access. it was like 40% of the price and the online seller had enough reputation in my countrys local version of ebay to not be a scammer. i already beat the game after like 6 days of playing.

The first DLC and PVP is out later this month.

most likely won't be purchasing that on top.

I mean that I thought I was going to do more of a skill and spear build initially and picked those things as the starting stats. They can't be changed. Do the two levels matter that much?

I can't imagine they would much.

archive.is/agOSE

Redditfags nearly ruined this game with the beta survey. Dodged a fucking bullet.

God I fucking hate reddit. Do they really need another game that caters to their shit taste?

I did with suzaku and carnage talismin at level 180.

Sounds like Team Ninja has their head in the right place and also has the courage to follow through with it. A truly rare thing these days.

I love that bird.

removing the ki pulse would have just turned it into a souls clone

That was people wanted it to be removed. They just want to play the only game they've ever enjoyed over and over, but new, until it stops being fun for some reason.

That's quite a comeback.

I did at like level 80, he's really easy. I actually thought killing the crystals would not give me any loot, so I left them all alive when I killed him,

Too bad the saika clan is pretty garbage though. HOLD ON I CAN ADD A WHOLE 400 WIND TO MY SHOTS… when I already do like 6000+ on a shot, 20k+ on a headshot.

First time I fought him, I didn't realise breaking the crystals would end the fight. I figured I had to break them, then fight him, kind of took me by surprise.

same. its one of those "everything went better than expected" moments.

right after he goes OH SHIT I GOT TRICKED BY THE YOKAI, I'LL KILL MYSELF RIGHT NOW

that was a little funny

Yeah, he's definitely a hell of a lot easier than the Nioh or Noh+Nobunaga fights

i know thunder is best, in my video i used wind because i needed the wind master title

It's because he focuses on massive single hits rather than quick DPS like the other human bosses. If you can tank or dodge his single big hits then you're in for a comparatively easy fight. He still hits like a Honda though.

Wait, am i missing something?

Where'd you hear that one? She was a concubine who followed him into battle occasionally and gave birth to some of his children.

a man of taste i see

Okatsu says she's his daughter in this cutscene.
Not sure if she meant adopted but its still bothering me.

In game, yeah, sure, they're related like that because why not.

In real life, they were lovers.

Just like how there were 3 Hanzo Hattori in real life, and the one we know (Hanzo 2) is scheduled to die in the first DLC if we go by what happened in real life.

rip ;_;

To be fair,everyone fucked lolis during this time period. Unmarried women in their 20s is considered an old maid.

yeah because it was the 1600, they didn't have retarded fucking feminism fucking up the world, they were SETTING a world for their future children to live and improve upon, not to let walking cunts shit all over it with their age of consent and general lack of ability to do everything men do.

user, I don't think that's the issue there

Nobunaga was underwhelming. Not sure how I'll fight them both with my shit skills and BB mindset though.

If you don't :^), Poe's Law applies and you can't say you're merely pretending. How new are you faglord?

Apparently in the waifu-husbando fight you can just lure Nobunaga to you and then knock him in his feet and stab him to death instantly - with the right build of course. Waifu stays put.

Off* his feet.

everything after shima is underwhelming

I thought he calls his wife over by name not long after you start fighting.

Played it for a few hours today and managed to kill the oni in the boat on my first try, when do I get the chance to see the loli blacksmith?

right after that

also
nigger thats an adult.

Just fuck her with your headcannon.

canon*

but i already have a level 150 divine cannon

Does it have fisticuff weapons and sparring?

yeah, you can go barehanded if you wish.

of course, your barehanded damage fucking sucks by itself, but there is a ton of things to boost it.

there is a ninjutsu passive skill that massively boosts your fist damage, gloves can generally get a property in them that gives you a high % of extra damage (can be from 10% to 40%) and i think there is also an Onmyo magic capable of temporarily boosting your bare handed damage, with all these things combined you can probably do just as much damage as high level weapons and even out damage some of them.

So sword or duel swords? I can't make up my mind what to chose.

kusarigama you uneblievable faggot

Kusarigama and spear are the maximum style weapons.
1 kat if you wanna be Kenshin Himura
2 kat if you wanna be a faggot
Axe if you wanna be the heaviest.

For me Ice Bitch and Harvey were the toughest two bosses and once I found out the trick with Birdman even he wasn't that difficult.

Or if you want to wear glorious nipple armor with your bro Kintaro.

all you have to do is block his shots, he's a huge pussy and his melee moves are so easily telegraphed its a joke.

are you people really having trouble with saika?

I did initially. But then I discovered what kunai do to him and I started juggling the motherfucker.
To be fair that first fight I ended up dying more to dodging into the fire or having him THROW me into the fire than to him directly.

Not if he's dead he doesn't.

You can use the blacksmith before that mission can't you?

It's a bit random. Sometimes she'll run after you and fuck your shit up with projectiles. That fight is both annoying and fun in equal measure.

My ass is getting absolutely rammed.

Well shit, I feel pretty stupid now that I do see she's a grown woman. I don't know why I thought she was a kid.

I don't think before, after that mission was when I got access to the world map for the first time

I beat him solo without dying. Git gud buddy boy.

Pro tip: When he's not powered up, dodge left on his attack then stunlock him with a fast combo, finish it off with something that does a lot of Ki damage, rinse and repeat until he's out of Ki and you can stab him. Rinse and repeat again. If he powers up, it's best to just avoid him until he powers down because he gains a lot of toughness (poise) and will destroy you with that move where he launches you into the air.

Will bear in mind, thanks user.

Isn't this just Asian themed Dark Souls?

I was grinding glory and trying to get divine equipment from him as a summon. There was never a time when I couldn't find a dude who was struggling there.

maybe because you're dumbasses?

Dude, I was HELPING people with him. I don't have any issues with the fight. I've fought him over thirty times. Still don't have the smithing text for his fucking sword though.

maybe people should try the fight more than 2 times before spending ochokos on help.

You're either retarded or I just got trolled hard. Good job either way.

Similar combat to the newer games and literally the same HUD. Dont be a faggot.

Is there a list yet of who drops what smithing text? Some of them are pretty obvious but others are utterly obscure. I need to know where to grind what.

To answer your question, it's got the level/enemy design/boss design philosophy of Souls games, but the combat is way more complex with lots of stats and abilities to tinker with. No open world like DaS, not even strings of levels like DeS. Throw a Diablo 2 style loot system on top with the ability to forge and reforge the crap out of them into some truly overpowered gear. Welcome to Nioh.

Is it possible to forge divine armor without an inherited skill? Every piece of divine Yatagarasu armor I forge has utter shit on it.

You mean inhertable traits? As in the ones with the symbol that looks like a rectangle with an arrow pointing to another rectangle?

Yeah you should be able to get one that doesn't have any of those with enough attempts.

I don't know what kind of weapons you're running but I beat him on the second or third attempt with a sword in low stance. Pretty easy to dodge around his basic attacks and if you find yourself stuck in front of him, the move that puts you behind him after attacking works handily. When he starts powering up or going for a lightning strike he's ripe to be poisoned or burned from afar. When he is powered up, it might be worth keeping away from him until it runs out, or be frugal with your hits and focus on dodging.

Also by that point you have Suzaku as an option.

Beat him about an hour ago with lmao 2kat and a normal sword, thanks for the tips regardless.

Managed to beat all the duels that unlock the mystic arts too, now I can go back to using the spear and axe all the time.

Yeah. It's just driving me nuts, because I have to grind the giant Skeleman, then the battle on the bridge for divine fodder, then forge it all, only to get nothing worth keeping.

I hope they add a boss rush mode to make grindan on bosses more tolerable.

The DLC is said to be including a boss rush style mode.

yeah satan, they also said this first batch of DLC is free

Confirmed.

Damn son, nice.

Good. I was hoping for some way to fight bosses more easily, instead of running through the entire level again and again. Not only because of smithing text drops, but also because I want to try to achive the [Boss] Crusher titles, which requires it to beat a boss without taking damage.

The only bosses that give me true trouble are ice bitch, the vampire, and oda.

Hino-Enma is easy if you use a Guardian that can knock her down and then use your most devastating spam attack/combo on her. Count out four seconds while you are doing it then immediately dodge away, as she will try to grab you. I personally use Suzaku and then the 2kat Water Sword skill - very effective.

Strangly Oda gave me no trouble whatsoever. The only thing I can figure is that he must be very weak to lightning since I was using the Kaido axe with full Kaido armor and NiggaBear.

your fault for being a lil bitch and not doing the Twilight missions

The only thing that ever keeps on getting me with her is the paralyzing ball.

Done and done. Maybe toss on a Paralysis Omamori Charm while you are at it.

thats called being an action RPG, "souls" is not a genre.

When you say "action RPG" the thing that pops into my mind is Diablo, which has dramatically different philosophy for levels and enemies versus the very static and rigid Souls games. Sure Souls games didn't invent their format either, but it's not always the creators of a format that get the naming rights. How many people do you know that would claim Gears of War invented cover shooting instead of Kill.Switch?

Speaking of "genre" how many years did it take for "Mario Clones" to become "platformers" or "DOOM Clones" to become "first person shooters?" We may not have a proper name for it now, but the more games that start to obviously copy and iterate on the Souls overall design package, the higher the likelihood of a genre name popping up becomes. A proper Souls clone seems to have:
1) Experience points being dropped on the ground after death offering one chance to retrieve it before it is lost
2) Your death location being visible and interactable on some level by other players online
3) A fairly seamless integration of multiplayer into your singleplayer experience.
4) Input-buffered controls requiring larger commitment to proper movements instead of being able to easily cancel out of your animations to quickly correct for mistakes
Those seem to be the major items outside of the obvious stuff like "having melee combat" or "having boss battles."

no

Learn to Parry.

Parry/Counter -> Iai -> Finishing Move makes so many of those vs. Human duels a fucking cakewalk.

Why is Kelley such a pushover?

plot device

Sir Dee AKA Hundred Eyes was also a pushover.

hell the only reason kelley made so much trouble in japan is because LOL PLOT TELEPORTATION MAGIC :^)

Post your Wirriams.

Okay. I've given up on divine Yatagarasu for now, but I have another question. Are there any set bonuses that compliment omnyo or should I use a generic one?

The three Onmyo sets have bonuses for onmyo. Not actual set bonuses but each piece of gear has stats to aid magic. Good luck finding decent level Suikan gear though.

Fuck the third boss shes fucking shit she has infinite stamina fucking split second reaction times you cant use the kusarigama against her and I didnt level up my magic fuck this shit game prove me wrong pro tip you cant

i guess hino -is- the third if you count derrick as a boss instead of a tutorial.

just learn the pattern you idiot.

The kusarigama isn't so good against Hino in my experience because it's a bit too commital for her, try a different weapon type for a bit.

the kusarigama is good against EVERYTHING.

The third boss? I'm guessing you mean Hinoenma.
All youkai have infinite stamina unless you actively deplete it, then they have to summon a underworld portal to get it back. If you can deplete hers while she's in the air she goes down like a dirigible.
You can't use it the same way you use it on humans but the kama is a potent anti youkai tool. Use low stance. You might want to consider something else though for her, that grab is nasty. Try hammer time.
Learn guardian spirit talisman and also allocate any moment talismans you have. Which animal buddy did you choose?
And are you using anti paralytic needles?

So is Bloodbourne worth it after this? Which is more difficult?

You can use dual sword spin shit to spam her, and then throw kunai while she's flying. It's not terrible, just weird.

So does this game have that badass whip-sickle thing? Not enough games have chain weapons

katana is for babies and casuals.

kusari is the real deal.

hino enma is easy as fuck, just use mid stance strong attacks, no, don't do the full combo, let her run to you and whiff her kick combo, then hit her once or twice and take some distance again.
When she flies, dodge voiceblast and block her knives, then wait for her to do her landing dash, dodge it, and proceed to mid stance strong attack again.
when you break her stamina, get close and attack with whatever you want, Kusari is still recommended because it does sick damage.
also don't forget this: once she gets up from her stamina break AND if you're close, its almost 100% guaranteed she will try to grab you. so as soon as you see her get up, do 1 attack, just ONE, and trigger a ki pulse to purify the Yokai Field, then dodge backwards the fuck out of her range. she will try the grab, miss, and you'll get more free hits.

the problem here is that new players are conditioned to play this game like it was dark souls, where you attack, run back, recover your stamina, and then head back in.

learn ki pulses and use the kusarigama you faggot

YES
These are my favorite ones.

Please remember that Nintendo let Bayonetta use a chain chomp as a weapon.

Only joshing lad, I use spears and axes most of the time

SLOW

Sorry about how aggressive I wrote my rant I'm using the evasion Guardian spirit forgot the name

Daiba-washi then. Wind attack should work well on Hino since it causes a drop in attack power and the talisman attack knocks your opponent back/up in the air.

Well, just beat the Hundreds Eyes. That Epilogue level was pretty funny. I like how the number of medicine you can hold to 20. They even made troops have different attack patterns.

probably did that because first, medicines aren't elixirs, and second, you have no functionality in london shrines. you can pray to restore HP and reset enemies in the level, but there's no kodama blessings, changing your jutsu, offering items, or anything really.

I'm pretty sure it was a reference to Bloodborne.

how so?

You can hold 20 Blood Vials in Bloodborne.

Where is Derrick in The Queen's Eyes? I heard he was an optional boss.

He's in the torture chamber. Below the second shrine you come across I think.

he's at the bottom of the main tower, the room with all the torture chairs.

i fought him, not very hard. retard uses an axe so top fucking kek.

his only dangerous attack is a running dash that is telegraphed.

Woops meant for

Thanks I cant use any talismans though and I cant seem to find any more needles guess I should restart with another build since the game is actively discouraging me from focusing on evasion and instead focusing on damage output in conjunction with magic

you should git gud, thats all.

hino enma is really easy to dodge compared to the rest of the bosses.

How come?
Sacrifice extra gear at a shrine. Needles are one of the possible rewards. Also Onmyo provides both passives and spells that guard against paralysis.

If worst comes to worst you can use a himarogi branch to exit the mission and then use a book of reincarnation to respec all you stats.

I can only use one due to my low magic capacity its fine though I finally beat her thanks a lot!

Just an fyi for the future there are consumable version of a few kinds of onmyo magic that doesn't count against your capacity. E.g. Moment talismans do the exact same thing as Guardian Spirit talismans and you can stock 10 at a time regardless of your capacity or training level but once their gone their gone.
I also forgot to mention earlier that salt is good for depleting youkai stamina and that there is a 1kat skill that blows stamina away and deals damage at the same time.

1kat seems to have a lot of good stamina breaking skills. That one sheath hit, the block blasst around you, and the kick.

I'm done

Learn that attack and then do it back to him.

the one where I don't play the game?

Forgot the video.

Yeah, they're just incompetent at actually playing video games.

Don't dodge backwards. Dodge forwards to his left side. Just watch for the aoe.

Actually I saw a person skip that wall once, they were so retarded they went around the hidden back way to the hotspring, and then killed themselves when they couldn't figure out how to get back.

There is another way around to that final torch where you go over the roof and drop down. Then you have to remove the talisman from the Nurikabe back to get out.

Fucking sick.
I still have the axe, it is love at this point and the spin move and uppercuts are so devastating it's become second nature to me. The damage output is also so incredibly high the only boss I ever had any REAL difficulty with was Ice Bitch and Nobunaga combo
I fucking love this game, if they ever port it to PC I'm double-buyin'

Ya, that shit had me stuck for like 15 minutes. I jumped down from roof and had no idea where to go.

I know, I did that.
That's still a Nurikabe you have to get past in order to leave. The fact that they didn't know and fought the giant blob with only two out of three torches and STILL didn't care says alot about how much of a shit they actually give.
Not even Rich bothered to do it, a guy I would actually like to think cared somewhat about vidya.

JUST

stop.exe

wew fam, your reflexes are kinda dead…

I was panicking a bit because I was close to beating her

I think I've gotten better since then as I get the clap emote pretty often in co-op now

FOR FUCK SAKE ACTIVATE YOUR LIVING WEAPON!
IT DIDN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS user!

living weapons are shit
who cares, even with the stupid Stag you get hit twice and your living weapon is gone, even if you're spec'd into spirit. not to mention while on living weapon your combos become slow as shit.

there is not a single time where i used living weapon in this game where i could say "oh nice, using living weapon sure saved me/made things easier"

protip: you want to make ice slut easy? Sloth Talismans & Fire. you want to make ANYTHING easier? Sloth fucking Talismans.

do you even bushido?

if you get into a situation where 2 hits of free health can save you, then you might as well just get gud and not get hit.

Not if means re-doing the whole ice negress fight. You're just going out of your way to handicap yourself while advocating sloth. Is this bait or autism?

The mark of a shitter right there. If you're really advocating getting good just use carnage talismans and use less armor bonus.

ha ha!

good luck dying in one hit!

get gud and don't get hit.

Why is Nioh so good, yet so basic? and I don't mean basic as in simple, but as in basic as in it just barrows a bunch of good systems for other games and blends them together It's like distilled cocaine.

I'm sure this user is right but can you at least block it? Or is it purely a matter of timing the dodge to right after the white Ki pulse flash right as she is finishes spinning her Naginata?

Sorry if asking to be spoon-feed, already tried to google search , but do you upload to Jewtube or Kikebook then convert it to webm or are you using an external device like a Hauppauge to record game play? I honestly don't care enough to buy an external device and refuse to link online account through social media to preserve some small amount of opsec online. (yes I know I could make a second throw away account but I am honestly too lazy to care considering its just a video game) I didn't see an option to save the video to USB, but if their was such a feature I would be temped to sharing gameplay (if not otherwise crippled by apathy).

alright here comes the spoon, say AAAAH
the PS4 has inbuilt recording functions, thats what the share button is for you tard. learn how to use it. once you have your picture/video, you plug in an USB drive, then go to your ps4 media gallery and select the "copy to usb drive" option. it will let you select what you want to copy, then you take the thing out and shove it back in your pc and you'll have all the .pngs and .mp4s in there, then you should use a program to convert, i use Xmedia Recode because thats what the webm on how to make webms told me to use.

Living weapons have saved my bacon numerous times. I basically play as a quasi summoner. Sometimes all you need is just one more moment to pop an elixir or to get your stamina back. Or you need to close a fight fast because your opponent gets nasty at low health.
You can use any mid stance skill with your living weapon active and a couple that you can ONLY use when it's active. And mid stance is the guard stance.

You've not been leveling spirit at all have you?

i have 16 spirit and using the stag (who has some of the highest stability) and still shit goes away in 2 hits.

how much do i need? 60 for it to not suck? if it needs that much its shit, plain and simple

I've only got 25 in to unlock all abilities. Also there are armor stats that affect the staying power of a living weapon. I can generally tank several hits before my living weapon breaks. Blocking still helps and I think your toughness and ki stats have some bearing on it as well.

i beat the game just fine without living shit.

sloth talismans are the real deal. when a boss is ridiculously unfair fast (shima, ice bitch, nobunaga) just blast them with a sloth. its even better if you have the Divine Onmyo that makes effects last longer.

Yes I know but in the past it forced you to upload it to Jewtube or Kikebook. If you don't believe me read it for yourself.
archive.is/KMIai
I really should have just tried it again. I'm retarded

Use the shitty Amrita crystals that don't give you fuckall Amrita. Tank the boss in your Living Weapon form while smashing 30 crystals.
They fill up your gauge.

Now you've won against Oda Nobunaga and Yuki-Onna.

Nigger, start buffing Durability of Living Weapons. Just from the reputation points alone I have like +600 durability, getting hit means almost nothing to me.

Oh yeah, I forgot about prestige points. That's probably why I have so much staying power.

positively epic strats

the point of gitting gud is not to beat everything naked using only your fists, its to win using the tools the game gives you.

game gives you a spinning rape machine, so you use it.

Is there a fucking point to Heavy Armor? I don't see much difference in the damage I take when using M vs H armor. Other than Stam regen getting fucked.

Yet people bitch about Sloth…

i use Sloths and kusarigama spinning rape.

in the Honda webm i didnt have Sloths assigned yet, but it would have made him even easier.

Easy way to stack up your Toughness stat, which gives you poise to let you get hit while swinging without being interrupted. Blocking enemy attacks also requires less Ki.

Other than that, it's pretty shit. I recently switched to the Master Swordsman set because I wanted to try the buffs on it but I'm really hating this C rank Agility. I spent the game using medium armor at B rank, tempted to go back to it. I've been pumping the fuck out of Stamina in the hopes of barely getting back to B rank with this set but so far no luck.

How high do you need your luck to be to (relatively) guarantee a divine drop from a revenant regardless of what color it shows on the grave?
And how the fuck do you craft yababushi, gyousha, bowman, chunin, and suikan shit? I feel like I'm missing something very obvious.

to craft anything you first need the Smithing Texts. you're missing those probably.

I feel like I fucked up somewhere.

Fifth region, sitting on 40+ samurai points, still got a bunch of skills locked, says complete mission ??? for it

I know but where to get them? Those are all really low to mid "level" armors you would think I would have them now since I'm half way through NG+. Since they're nor specialty armor I'm guessing bosses don't drop them or do they?

Those are dojo training missions that you need to beat to unlock those abilities.

But where are they? All I have is up to Omnyo Magic adept which I haven't done cause I'm not using that gay bitch magic.

Can weapons have multiple scaling stats? For example, could a weapon that scales with spirit innately also get a "scale with heart (A)" if I reforge it enough? I have been using that one divine 1kat you get for beating the last boss. I want to know if I have been wasting money.

You've fought this guy in the dojo right?

Nope, haven't seen him. Pretty sure I should have fought Hanzo by now to.

Not sure if this really is the full list but it seems like it:

nowloading.co/p/nioh-where-to-find-every-weapon-armor-smithing-text/4215551

Have you been doing side missions? And what is your weapon proficiency?

Every side mission yes.

Weapon proficiency though, I don't know what that is, only know familiarity.

Niggayoshi.

It's under stats, one or two screens over. I know for the master missions you need 50000 proficiency in a particular weapon to take the challenge.
Also what level are you at and what level are your stats at?

I'll take a picture, gimme a sec.

I looked up more info about it, and I keep getting conflicting results about what things can stack and what can't. Does anyone know this?

You're probably better off grinding smithing texts from bosses for armor sets with special bonuses, then refashion them as you please.

You did complete the earlier dojo missions didn't you? As far as I can tell it should have unlocked for you.

I think I got this 2kat to have two different scaling stats by soul matching inheritable traits. If a weapon already has a "Change to Attack [stat]" in it, chances are, you're not going to get another similar trait by reforging. That's my theory, at least.

I-I thought those where tutorials.

I just made the game harder on myself for ALL THIS FUCKING TIME.

The Skill Tree straight up tells you that it requires the completion of certain missions to unlock them. At least you can boast that you're a strong independent Samurai who don't need no unlocks?

I'm glad it wasn't a glitch or anything. Just a heads up the Mystic arts missions will require quite a bit more weapon proficiency than what you have in everything but 1kat, although you're close in spears too. Additionally I believe the ninja and onmyo mystic training 30 points in dex and spirit respectively. You're a bit off from those missions but it's something to keep in mind.

they are tutorials.

in fact, they are the same missions you play during the tutorials at the beginning of the game.

but you still have to complete them to unlock new skills.

I've seen this list and I noticed that there aren't any generic armors on it. All the generic equipment should be craftable right?
I mean I can craft Archer Garb but not Bowman. And I can't craft either of the yamabushi style sets or the two lower level ninja sets. I've clearly missed something, right?

If those have smithing texts, they are probably rare drops from those enemies. Put on your lucky charms and get to grinding I guess?

That may be. In the case of ninja you know what to grind on but we don't fight any monks. Who might drop yamabushi texts? Thematically tengu would be the most likely.

And ladies bitch on how they have to wear high heels, a man did it better and wearing a mask to boot.

were those sandals actually a thing?

Yes, they are

AFAIK yes but the length of them changes, and some are dramatized to have stupidly long ones heels.

I have been avoiding it for so long, but I would have to say my favorite weapon is 2kat.

Have you mastered the timing for God of Wind III yet? It's a fantastic combo, especially if you have Ki Damage bonuses stacked up. Water Sword is also great when your target is stationary enough for it. Not only is having a Ki usage reduction really nice for it, but you can actually stack them so hard that you spend 0 Ki on attacking. Infinite Water Sword. Infinite anything.

I can get the timing around 50% of the time. I usually can do it better when fighting bosses or mini-bosses under stress. Kind of weird. It really does a shit ton of ki damage with the right break skills. It is also nice to see how that instant iai quick draw works with dual swords as well. Pretty much got my build down I think.

Forgot to add, but that one run skill is also pretty damn good for quick slashes right near the enemy.

The problem is, DS has really low attack, so even if you are doing water sword, you're only really going to be able to do decent damage on skeletor. Which he's so easy it's not even an issue

I've been helping out randoms and was surprised that somebody personally thanked me for helping them. Really looking forward to hopefully getting Date Masamune's Spirit and Armour in the DLC. He better be a goddamn fun boss.
I liked being the Date Clan in Shogun 2 because they removed the Imagawa from the previous game.

Would also be nice if they added in a nodachi as DLC at some point.
Or just more weapon variety and movesets.

I am wondering what new weapons and spirits they will add. I am thinking they will probably have that moth one and the one Edward uses. For weapons, I am expecting some sort of fist weapon to make monk builds viable late game. Maybe some kanabo for another strength weapon.

IS that sword of the west one of the most popular or something? I always see people have that one even without the full set. The full set looks great, but I never used it since I lost the back attack damage. I instead have been using the red dragon set since it was easy to find and I have shit stamina. I probably should use the kingo set, but I like A+ agility. It kind of sucks though since it has little for dual swords. At least you can refashion it.

I use it since I have the full warrior of the west set except for the damn bow, which seems to be the rarest god damn piece

It is honestly much faster to get the bow by revanents or by crafting.

There's apparently a guide coming out early next month and thank God because that wiki is a dumpster fire.

So is there any advantage to playing online or can I skip all of that bullshit adn not miss a thing? I don't want to pay for any of that PS+ bullshit

Unless you want co-op oe PVP with someone you don't need PS+. Just a regular online connection will let you fight revenants and drop graves and to compete for glory in clans.

Is this the new Dark Souls?

I know nothing about this game but I've heard good things.

im 40/60 on this being silly bait as opposed to being a genuinely dis-informed poster

No, it's the new Onimusha.

Looks like I'm retarded, I didn't find it until I played the twilight mission for that level

hey be respectful, that nigger is the Kang of the ancient african kingdom of Ka-Zul

I need a guide to tell me where all the good shit like stats and where to get pretty hats and where smithing texts are and that kind of thing. There's a lot of obscure shit in this game.

You go whatever the hell you damn well please and you can make it work.
The game's not difficult

I've beat the game already. I'm talking about for specific builds and things like that. Maximum efficiency for different tasks. The minutia of it all.

The Nami-Oyogi Kanemitsu has been the only sword that constantly shows up on Revenants or as a drop with the best stats if you're someone who primarily uses a sword like myself. I also really like the Warrior of the West set in appearance.

The Red Demon set is fine but I'm not fond of being unable to soak up damage if I read a boss's move wrong. Albeit, I don't struggle to dodge in that set and still have it just in case. Albeit, I'm trying to get Oda Nobunaga's full set since I like the cape design on his chest piece. Just need to find a pair of pants.

for fucks sake, souls-like is not a genre, its called action RPG.

these fucking normalfags infecting our hobby i swear

How does Nioh "look friendly"?