Nintendo: We won't make X game series any more

Metroid, F-Zero, now Advance Wars

At least this is coming out on the Switch

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.se/Starbound#Development
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chucklefish_Games#Developed
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No "indie" has made anything close to an F-zero substitute. Fuck off with the fucking FAST Neo and Redout memeshit garbage shilling.

name one that isn't Axiom Verge

Pass OP

Fuck you OP, the game the FTL guys are making looks way better than this shit

The game filled with non-white and tumblrtard pandering? Pass.

Who came up with this meme? The games are completely different.

The attempt is nice, but the art style, huge drawback. Half of it looks nice, the other half screams I am a milenial who learned pixel art copying other milenials
See

You mean that "game" with white-genocide propaganda?

Okay OP, time to stop being retarded

Fast Racing Neo is fucking good prove me wrong without using "meme"

AM2R

low hanging fruit.

Advance Wars and Fire Emblem died so this faggottry could be enabled

Is yggdra any good? I remember being hyped for this back in the GBA era and somehow I completely forgot about it until you just showed me.

Yes but what's wrong with the actual gameplay

People so thirsty for good racing vidya that any sci-fi fast racer becomes F-Zero, like some mirage in the desert.

If I wanted the AW gameplay I'd play AW, that game is medieval AW with shit graphics. And there are better options to play medieval AW

Aaaaaaaand dropped.

What's tumblr tier about FTL? I dropped the game once I realized it's just RNG.

i recall there were ways in Yggdra in which you could literally fuck up your save file and become impossible to beat certain maps

Fucking nothing I don't even know what they're talking about

Is it because you can have non-human crew members?

I can't make assumptions about the balance, but everything I'm looking at makes me want to barf. Plus the gameplay is just the animated parts of AW1 + some exchanges a la FE. Units look like they move even slower than default settings AW1, and I'm assuming these people will not make a fast-move version of the same thing. There is no reason why the blue-haired feminist lancer should be depicted with the same kind of blue hue as the enemy's. 12 campaigns sounds short as fuck. Maps are designed with "muh asymmetry" look to them, but makes some terrain hard to understand at a first glance (AW1 did something similar with clusters of 2x2 forests and shorter mountains near water, but it made sense because they were all next to each other, whereas these guys just drew the maps with screenshots in mind). Buildings look completely off compared to the rest of the game and are hard to differentiate. The fantasy setting is extremely generic and the Commanders look straight out of some tumblr OC blog, should I also mention they're all "animey" and women in a setting that is high fantasy? The ambient sound feels like it will get old real quick, and I'm fairly sure it's something that stays on by default. There's not even an animation for the units dropping out of "APC"s.
But the icing on the cake is that it's for the Switch, so it's immediately a disappointment without any extra information.

Seconding. Fuck this shit, looks like garbage made by garbage.

I think it's because the villains are a wannabe-Imperium that want to purge all the xenos and destroy the Star Trek Federation. Then again I didn't like the game and stopped playing it over a year ago so I can't remember.

why not just replay Fire Emblem advanced? The aesthetic of ugly faces is one of the worst things to happen to video games. The game itself might be really fun but those faces are absolutely disgusting.

I enjoyed Environmental Station Alpha.

Ori, Guacamelee!, La-Mulana

Hollow Knight, but that's more of a zelda 2

I've played Advance Wars clones before and they were all boring.

Indies don't know how to playtest their games.

I wasn't going to mention that one since it's not much of a "metroid" game, but yeah it's been comfy as fuck so far. Game feels really tight for something from kickstarter. They just need to fix the stutter issue and I might actually buy it.

fucking kill yourself you complete fucking scumbag.

Yeah I had the exact same frame pacing issues, also you can soft lock by equipping the thorns charm thing, press select and get hit by something, you can float forever and you have to reset, if you die you respawn but you're on top of the map / out of bounds but still can't move back into the level, the graphics are slightly messed up too.

It's not really that, it's more because faggots who think they're better than veteran dev studios try to remake the same game thinking they'll "improve" it with their ideas but come into so many issues that the end product is basically a worse copy of the original. Problem is said shallow devs end up replacing the good ones by virtue of them being younger blood, and taint the industry with their half-assed "visions", instead of focusing on small scale projects with a compact idea.

Trust me, go after guys who do romhacks, those are the MVPs of the industry.

Nice argument. I especially like all the points you enumerated to actually show the differences.

Nice argument. I especially like all the points you enumerated to actually show the differences.

How does it feel to be a nigger? All that was asked was how the games were different.

How does it feel to be a nigger? All that was asked was how the games were different.

this

you chucklefucked up op

Spic-amelee
Ori and the Blindforest
Hollow Knight
Cavestory

I got interested but then i saw the fish of doom

My thought process:
Pirate
Skip

Spoonfeed me.

What's the story on Chucklefish being a piece of shit?

I didn't say it was the same I said it was good calm down friend

I don't think they look ugly, nor do I give a shit even if I did think they were ugly

But villains are 20% humans and 80% aliens, just like your guys are 20% humans and 20% aliens.

I want to understand you Holla Forums, but you gotta explain to me how FTL is evil zog propaganda.

they're the chucklefucks behind starbound

They're the fags who made Starbound which is one of the biggest early-access scams there's been (excluding shit like Star Citizen obviously). They're extremely incompetent at best, outright con artists at worst.

I had no idea people hated them so much, because they made Stardew Valley, but then I found out they also made Starbound

This is probably a case of the devs being huge leftcucks. They made stardew valley and risk of rain which are alright, but they also made starbound. So other than starbound I ignore what they do to deserve this infamy
Well this new game adds to their pile of failures I guess

I mean 80%, mistyped but you get me hopefully.

They didn't even make stardew valley, one guy, concernedape, did. They just take his money.

encyclopediadramatica.se/Starbound#Development

They didn't make Stardew, they published it.

As others said, Chucklefish didn't make Stardew Valley or Risk of Rain, they simply published those games, the actual devs of those titles are different people.

I'm assuming this game is an actual Chucklefish production since I didn't see any other names in the video.

Politics has completely destroyed methods of discussion. I feel like I'm in a fucking Batman Beyond episode and this is some cyberpunk slang.

How the fuck are they "leftcucks" (isn't that redundant?) Just because pixelshit?

Did they make Risk of Rain or publish that too?

nope, apparently two college kids made it together. I don't know why anyone in their right mind would even bother with a publisher, let alone chucklefish, when they can just push it onto steam.

get outta here

What's with Jews In Space being the most accurate meme this far?

Starbound was a huge collection of bad design decisions and just play dishonesty.

I mean I assumed the general hate comes either from them making shit political comments (if they did any), or being involved in starbound. Or both

The only game they made was Starbound and the game in the OP. I don't know how they published so many other games when they are so untrustworthy.

Maybe that's why I like it

I love old flash games off Newgrounds and ArmorGames

They're never coming back

Good joke, it was linear as fuck.

You are cancer. Caring about Graphics is a meme, but appreciating good aesthetics is important especially if it's trying cut corners by going the lazy pixelshitz rough. Giving every character a potato face with a tumblr nose is just virtue signaling and evidence that the game mechanics are likely shallow and overcompensating.
Then by what standard do you hold anything of value, and on what authority should anyone respect your baseless opinion? Most importantly why the fuck would anyone play $10 for a re-skined and fan-fiction when they can play the original?

never said it was good

The point is that it's not a Metroidvania. It's a really well done, if kinda meme-y, action platformer.

I don't know, I thought it was pretty boring. I'm a luchador so beating up guys should be fun and crazy, but it just felt pretty plain and not all that exciting. And it was a lot more than "kinda" memey. That shit was memey as fuck.

I think the battle sprites are rather large and well done, as well as animated rather nicely. I've seen lazy pixelshit (Like Superbrothers) and this isn't it.

Besides, you're not talking about that, you're talking about the faces. Which I don't think are ugly. Mercia a cute.

Pic related

Then by what standard do you hold anything of value

The gameplay

Because I've played it 60 times

I hope you give Chuckleshits money and then they fuck you in the ass like they did to the retards who funded/bought Starbound

Cave Story came out in 2004 (and was in development since 1999), so to be fair Metroid was still a very thriving franchise at the time.

Okay now you're really overstaying your welcome

The sprites are really bad, the constant movement looks awful, the animation itself is even worse they look like kids fighting with sticks. Worst of all, you make the characters small and round when they are on a smaller scale (on the main map) and you make them as real as possible when they are fighting. Why did they make the battle sprites so simple?

This game isn't early access

I didn't know I needed an invitation

Nice plebbit downboat sage though

There was around 50 different screencaps showing whats wrong with starbounds development.

Yes, but it's Chucklefish. I don't think you understand.

How new are you?
You know that you are supposed to lurk for a minimum of 2 years before you make your first post on an imageboard right? Suggested is 4 years.

Try looking up your question on your search engine of choice before asking a useless inane question.

It wouldn't even be a bad thing if this shitty thread got derailed for once.

What the fuck that has to be a fake. They cant be that stupid

but they are not well done. In fact the biggest problem at first glance is the ugly artwork.
being ironic for the sake of irony is not how it works fam. Being a contrarian for the sole sake of being a contrarian is cancer. Caring about muh graphics is a popular but shallow idea aka a meme. Caring about the aesthetic of a game is substantive.
also what the fuck is with the reddit spacing, are you pretending to be retarded? Because you don't fit in yet
that game is crap and the art is ugly. Are you pretending? Because :trolling" is a bit more sophisticated then "lol U!", it's fishing for new uses, to be effective at it you must understand the customs of the forum. If the regulars "fall for the bait" and its not funny then you are just being cancerous.

Can you post the non-cropped version of this, you fucking asswipe. Spoiler it if you must.

There was a point where the player's ship was given an AI. The AI's avatar was a horse with tits. The devs took it out eventually to give all the races unique AI designs. Then they took those out and replaced it with a singular AI design across all races.

Maybe it's because I played Stardew Valley and Risk of Rain (although I didn't know they just published) and knew to stay the fuck away from Starbound

WEW

And you accuse me of b8ing, m80?

You've never seen a body cavity get invaded like this

They also had a secret goon forum until someone found it and they purged it.

The fact that you liked Stardew Valley and Risk of Rain is not important, as they were not made by Chucklefish.
And even knowing that, you're gonna just jump into their next pool of shit? kek, okay

Here.

Each race was going to have its own AI (humans had a regular human looking one, the fish race would have some old samurai fish, the avian would have some glowing crystal, etc), the glitch AI was a horse with two bumps in the "chest", there was this massive debate including a poll to change the AI to a male horse or a barded wizard glitch, eventually last picture happened and later on they gave everyone the same AI.

I'll pass OP

I don't even remember the horse AI having tits, got a picture?

Nope.

Elitism is like a nigger, user.

No one cares.

That's significantly more disturbing than arousing, but interesting nonetheless, thanks.

Got anymore of these?

I appreciate the image, oc is always good but your didn't prove anything with a ms paint comic.

That makes no sense you brain dead faggot.
Its not about elitism its about getting new offsite newfag/refugees to integrate into our culture imageboards can go with out having pockets of cancer that are filled with people trying to have their cancerous offsite culture, our culture and eating them too.

You dont seem to understand how important it is to be telling newfags to lurk now of all times we are getting new people from all sorts of places at all times and in order for us to preserve our culture while we still are the majority (read pre-eternal-september before newfags become the majority of the userbase and start dictating what the culture is to instead intigrate and reform their cancerous ways while we still have a relatively tolerable website and culture remaining to call our own.

TL;DR you are not even worth the time it took me to type this, its going to go in one ear and out the other. Just kill yourself and save us both the trouble.

I ain't reading your shit, you nigger.

He's a faggot, but so are you for not knowing the deal with cucklefish

I dont know why I even pretended to to expect you too. Just proving my point thanks.

Read the TL;DR to see me pretty much exactly predict that response.

autasm

user, you don't have to put so much effort into fitting in. When you do that it just backfires.
Also even your TL;DR is TL so i DR

Chucklefish has nothing to do with chan culture

Yes thank you, I am autasm

I'm calling him an elitist for:
You know, the faggot imageboard elitist thing he said. Yeah that's what I'm calling him an elitist for.

I already know to avoid chucklefuck
See my first post of my, now, three posts that I've made the entire thread

3/10, seen better Advance Wars knockoffs made in Game Maker 8.

Post 'em.

Let's fix F-Zero and market it to a larger audience.

After this is released, you can tie in a new game for Captain Falcon. A bounty hunter game centred around a mature theme, and with Godhand gameplay mechanics would produce a bestseller.

That might have AW gameplay, but it's thematically Fire Emblem but with shittier art.

That dragon looks like ass in combat. Sad.

Get the PSP port instead. It's a fun little game once all the rules are explained, and you have to use some brain matter in order to progress since the system was produced by Sting, who made a name for themselves developing difficult games.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chucklefish_Games#Developed
Everything else was NOT developed by them, only published.

Pick one, Intelligent Systems developed Advance Wars. Also

u pen psseri

Yeah it is. This is off topic, but since you brought up terminology I really wish the term "SJW" would die it's fucking cancer.
Just call them fucking "leftists". Using the term "SJW" implies they're some whacky fringe group completely separate and distinct from all those good normal leftists. SJWism is the mainstream left at this point, there is hardly any discernible difference between Elizabeth Warren and some blue haired tumblrista sitting in Starbucks.
This shit goes all the way back to GG, remember the idiots who thought people like Bill Maher and Stephen Colbert would be on our side? Because they weren't radical SJW's they were just good ol' normal liberals. How did that work out?
"SJWism" is taught in every single university across the anglosphere and is reinforced by countless popular television shows and movies it isn't some zany hipster cult. Stop making a distinction where there is none.

When a game is sjw i just pirate it. When it's shit I don't bother

Nice

Nah

Shuddup

no you don't fit in.

Sorry, this isn't plebbit

Fuck this shit, and fuck you OP for reminding me they stopped making Advance Wars.

I think Nintendo is just letting these indie studios make poor imitations so Nintendo can create demand by letting everyone look at these shitty knock offs.

Shit now I want to play advance wars, it doesn't look as good but I might pick it up anyway to change it up I've played Shit ton of advance wars already, maybe the game play is good and it looked like there was a lot of COs… but those chuckle fucks… I dunno man does anyone know any advance wars clones?

Every day, video games find a new way to disappoint me.

You actually want more Advance Wars games?
Why the fuck would you want Advance Wars: Awakening featuring DLC from the Goys Must Buy franchise?

we have ID's kid.

Moeshit is moeshit even if it's ironic

I'll take the 50/50 odds this'll be good or trash.

It's not like Advance Wars was known for balance in the first place, although was Days of Ruin balanced?

I concur with the other poster. You're obviously not from here, your ideas are shit and your mere presence is cancer. Leave.

Competitively, it was the most balanced. Offense was rewarded, keeping damaged units alive until they became veterans can tip battles in your favor, infantry walling became more expensive and less feasible with the level up and CO on board systems, the new units were generally good additions except naval battles turned into Funboat spam and you really have to earn your CO power instead of passively gaining it for getting your ass kicked. DoR is as close as they've come to a competitive TBS. It may not have the explosive flash of a Tag or Super CO powers, but going against another human is tough and fun as hell.

Yggdra Union starts off slow by introducing important mechanics to you every one or two chapters, and then at the point where you've unlocked everything, the kid gloves come off and five missions later you're facing down the final boss armed with his intense final boss bullshit guarded by his powerful Dragon Generals in your ruined castle courtyard. It only gets better from there once your main character gets kidnapped for a little bit and you start the middle portion of the game. The game is enjoyable if you have autistic urges to fill up a 1000+ item list, enjoy clever use of SRPG mechanics, and cute little giant eyed animu uguu~ creatures doing horrible things. I'd recommend it, the PSP version is more complete but both are good.

Even ignoring the fact that ChuckleFuck are involved with this game, the Tumblr-esque character designs are fucking atrocious.

I always saw this video more like "Colin activates Power of Money", given it's a single unit tossing a billion missiles
Ace work user, but next time give the unit the "blingaling" effect from SCOPs.

holy shit is Holla Forums really that desperate?

Why even Holla Forumspost on Holla Forums if you're going to represent your board this badly?

also is shoebill the new hot thing

Wew

Birds are just naturally great.

What a shit thread, but at least this made my day

I don't buy shitty early access games, so maybe that's why I wasn't familiar with the name.

You don't have to buy something to see it constantly being brought up in many threads about multiple games which you would have to check out before finding out it's early access, not to mention the fact it's been discussed in threads about other games that weren't early access but got ripped off by Chucklefuck.
So as that other user asked, how new are you?

To be fair, unless you were hanging out the Starbound general in 4chan /vg/ years ago when all this shit was going down, you wouldn't know all the details.

Not new, I was on cuckchan in 2008 and 8ch in 2015.

I just stay away from shitty games I guess.

It's been brought up in Harvest Moon threads, Starjew Valley threads, Terraria threads, Gamergate threads, and plenty of other more general threads about indieshit. Usually involving a massive dump of images.

So too new, ok then.

Nigga I'm from plebbit and I was here earlier than that
Step it up senpai

Here are some animations from the latest SRW title

>>>/out/

I'm having a hard time deciding on this being better or worse than a potential Advance Wars Awakening.

what the fuck where you even thinking?
GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!

Tanks was fun

C'mon, you should finish that game around your character before shilling xhir on random boards.