Since the Arkham games have been beat to death what other Super Heroes should get a game series?

Since the Arkham games have been beat to death what other Super Heroes should get a game series?

Other urls found in this thread:

newrepublic.com/article/122315/stop-making-superhero-movies-just-grown-ups
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We are getting a new Spiderman but Hulk deserves a comeback.

A lot of the specific powers heroes have would be great games in their own right, but don't need to be attached to that hero's IP. I'd also like a decent "make your own hero" story set in DC or Marvel, but not shit.

Having said that, Hulk and Spiderman games were fun (have a sandbox to fuck about in between missions).

I've always felt- if implemented well- a Superman game where you slowly gain/regain your powers would be awesome- with Superman's "true" limits being the 100% complete unlockable (God mode + infinite meters).

None, I wish.
Western super hero comics suck fucking ass.
So do eastern shonen that lasts longer than it should. But at least shonen doesn't pretend like the comics are aimed at older people.

Also
He is literally Holla Forums in cape form
>Is canonically racist against blacks and jews

Hopefully one of the lesser known heroes, that way normalfags can't shit it up

The average comic book reader is in their mid 50s user.

the nice thing about shonen is it's like 5 series every 10 years. So it doesn't monopolize anything. It can be ignored as easily as it can be brought up, there's masses of better alternatives.

Western comics however are 99% cancer. I've yet to see a good one.

Try harder.

Wow, it's like I was insulting super hero comics or something.

You didn't do a very good job of it.
Maybe when you mature you will understand why someone would like reading something with 70 years of backstory and references that that age as they do.

In my honest opinion the only reason Arkham series worked out is because Batman is simply a human and isn't actually a super hero, when superpowers get in the game you'd get shitload of plotholes, very bad writing and most gameplay mechanics wouldn't make sense, especially with characters like

It all depends on which powers you have and how you use them.
Dante from Devil May Cry is really strong but he still works as a MC.
Wally West started out Barely being able to go the speed of sound. If the game takes place then (like it was in that game) it could definitely work.

Suicide squad co-op

Harley, King shark, riddler, killer frost, deadshot, like the cartoon movie

No, I didn't do a very good at getting across the mind of a retard, you're right. That wasn't what I was aiming at.

The point is, shonen is also watched by older people, into their 50s, 60s, you name it. But the marketing department doesn't pretend like it's a mature 2deep4u bullshit, because it isn't. Much like american comics, there's not really any greater understanding that only decades of experience can grant you in order to understand the comic. It's fucking super heroes in colorful spandex, everyone can enjoy them.

There's absolutely nothing wrong in enjoying things aimed at younger people. What's stupid is pretending it's more mature than it really is.

Wow. Maybe when you mature you'll see older people don't like going through that fucking hassle just to enjoy a piece of media.

Maybe the problem is western comic have inconsistencies because they have multiple writers and they span decades of publications, increasing the likelihood of fucking up.
Devil May Cry has a self contained story within the videogames and doesn't need to rely on outside bullshit, so that makes it easier to not fuck up.

Except the plots, characters, events, ect.
Try understanding the modern runs without knowing about Rebirth or before and you wont understand half of what is going on.
Also there are comics that specifically play on the expectations of someone who has read comics for so long, that is what made Watchmen so iconic.

No, you still don't understand.
I'm not talking about decades of experience of reading comics. I'm talking about decades of life experience, in general.
As in, you don't need to be a mature older adult to understand this. Give a young adult a brief summary of everything they need to understand "X comic", which has been in publication since the 80s, and he'll get it.
The stories don't have a plot that a young adult or even teenager wouldn't understand with proper context, that's what I'm saying.
The reason I'm saying it is because they market western comics as being super mature and shit, when it isn't true.

By who?
That was pretty much only true in the 80s. Outside of having tits and blood most readers understand that this is fun and zanny stuff.
In fact the entire meta narrative behind DC rebirth is the creative director Jeoff Johns making fun of dark and edgy comics and how comics are meant to be fun and silly.

WEW

Are you fucking serious? No, I think you're just playing dumb right now.
From DC's grimdark movies like Batman V Superman, Suicide Squad, Nolan's Batman trilogy, to the comics themselves and how they market them. Do a quick googling and you get people complaining about how they market comics towards a mature audience

>newrepublic.com/article/122315/stop-making-superhero-movies-just-grown-ups

So that's why grimdark comic book based movies are coming out now?

Kek.
No one respects Snyder the kike.
He's an edge lord faggot.

He wasn't the only one I mentioned.

Yeah, the rest is in reference to the 80s which again I mentioned or the rest of the DCEU which is following the edge tastic snyder films.
The comic books are nothing like those shit movies.
If you want to know the general tone of modern comic books without having to read them Watch Justice League Unlimited.

Which is a large portion of comic books that you can't dismiss with "LOL JUST IGNORE THIS BIG BUDGET FILM THAT WAS SO HEAVILY MARKETED AND REPRESENTATIVE OF THE STATE OF THE COMICS"
You just mentioned entire series of comics books that follow that same thematic.

Well, I think Arkham would translate really well into a couple of other games. Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Daredevil. Marvel, give us an Arkham clone, you'd do it better.

No they aren't. This isn't true at all. Not just for DC but Marvel.
For example Marvel movies are
While Marvel comics are

The comics are nothing like the movies.
Literally just compare any DC hero to their movie counterpart.

Blind monks society with bells and bad guys?

It's a good thing if they're attempting to drop the grimdark tone now, but if they just started this new trend last year it's no wonder the public still regards them as "mature". The dark tone was pretty much present in most publications till very recently with The New 52

Seeing as how every single Superman game so far has failed
how about we think of a way to make a Superman game fun to play and at the same time true to mythos?
Because I think I just had an epiphany:
Timed missions
Each mission can take from 10 to whatever the researched amount of minutes that a videogame can hold somebody's attention is. This is done to be closer to cartoon series, since Supes always wins in the end. So through the course of a mission, you gradually unlock powers or you choose how to upgrade them-
I will stop now because I think I've just repeated what ASSFAGGOTS are doing. Missions are supposed to be locked by a certain score / time you have to beat, so there's actually some sort of a failstate

Beat-em up, maze navigator with no HUD and Phoenix Wright styled court minigames

I don't see how you can have a fun beat em up with audio only unless it's rhythm based. That's a pretty dank idea for the normalfag part of the game, though.

I vote for a cyberpunk Dredd game–only if the devs aren't cucks by cutting out the comedy and making it too edgedark.

But user, they've already made one!

They never got snyder levels of edge.
Batman and Superman never killed people for example.

The worst part is: it actually was finished before ZeniMax killed it.

user why must you hurt me so?

Because they hurt me.
I must spread the hurt.