Twitch is about to start selling games on their own custom platform

blog.twitch.tv/coming-soon-get-it-on-twitch-9c829cae6ac1?sf58855097=1#.ws4x3hz0t

This could become a serious threat to Steam in no time. And Amazon has been working on their own game engine too. They seem really serious about taking over the vidya industry

Other urls found in this thread:

aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/faq/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yea but Twich streamers only play Twitch-tier games, i.e. the same retarded flavor of the week crap you can find on Greenlight.

How? Some Steam games already have Twitch integration.

At best we'll finally have an Oligopoly with actual competition.

inb4 Twitch makes cartel with Steam and the cancer doubles up

While I'll support any competition to steam, the shilling you mentioned is a pretty good point. Streamers will be incentivized to shill the fuck out of the game to get people to buy it.

Competition is good for the consumer.

I hated Steam for so long I'm not really sad that they're going to have some serious competition, if this actually works out of course

This is the kind of shit Twitch will reinforce with their approach. They'll drag the whole industry another few steps in the wrong direction.

How will Streamers get money from this?
Either Twitch jacks up the price of a $20 game to $25 and the streamer gets $1 plus the $4 (((finder's fee))), or the games that are being sold are being sold cheaper to Twitch who sells them to viewers at retail price.

No game dev team will agree to this, when they could just pay a Streamer $100 a stream to shill the game directly for them, cutting Twitch out.

Great, so now you have to buy the game (probably through them), stream it, and convince other people to buy it, on top of season passes and DLC not covered by season passes and paying for online (where relevant) and all this other horseshit just to get a complete game. Remember when you got a full game by walking into the goddamn store and buying the disc/cart?

Not sure if shilling will go into overdrive. Most tubers have amazon referral links in their video description. Unless they really get a big cut out of it, I think it'll just be at about the same level after the initial release mellows out.

Twitch already takes half the money from your subs. You'd get to keep more money if you get bits from the system since Twitch doesn't take a chunk out of that. Sounds like a good idea but it'll be terribly executed and only really work for those at the top of the streamer list.

Most of nu-Holla Forums wouldn't. :^)

More competition for steam is good cause Uplay and Origin are shit.

I remember. It was a better time. Bugs didn't get patched out if they made it to release, but at least you knew you weren't going to be shekel and dimed another $60 after already buying the game.

At this point, any competition is welcome.

Steam gets a cut from every game on it's library, without any regard of it's price, this would probably be around the same cut twitch will take but Twich would split this cut between them and the streamer. This means that either twich gets a larget cut (doubt it), or that Twitch gets less money per game, but the game's price will still be the same.

Sadly, you are right.

Those days will never return. Now we have to wait weeks or months for post-release patches that may or may not fix the broken ass game and buy day1 DLC (see: buy the game twice) to get the whole game, and the game is filled with microtransactions and loot boxes that you can't open without a premium key, and maps you can't play without an extra payment.

I remember getting patches from fucking gaming magazines, so there certainly was a way to patch shit.

No Valve and Steam are too big to fail.

Yes, but Steam tells Devs that they get a cut.
Twitch is just ADVERTISING these games and getting a cut of purchases. They're not directly selling these games against Steam.
Hell, it'll probably be some jew tactic like you purchase from Steam and Twitch gets 25% of the profit that Steam would make on a full purchase.

This annoys me so much.
Worst part is there are niggers who run around rex texting pretending they have been here for years, insisting Holla Forums hates all games and that anything that isn't shitposting is bait or shilling.

The election was even worse. It brought more faggots here with shit taste. notice we didn't have all these shitty generals before Trump got elected.

Before that, you had to go to gamestores and if you were lucky they were given/bought an update disc from the Devs and would give you the files to fix your game.

I thought that was what OP was implying

>own custom platform

I've never heard of that. I know later editions of the game (second runs etc) would usually fix the bug but I'd never heard of a magazine giving out patches. But I remember getting lots of pretty nice demos from them. Had a UT2004 demo that even let you play online, albeit only with a couple maps.

So they are going to have to negotiate these Devs to resell their games on Twitch.
They also would need to agree to give them a cut of things like shitty crates/keys. Not even Steam takes a cut from microtransactions.

No one would agree to this.

PC Gamer used to give out discs with patches for a bunch of new release games they advertised/reviewed in their previous issues.
Xbox magazine did too, if I recall.

and? It's not like announcing a new platform will kill anything. Just create some competition.

Man, that just makes back then even better, because you actually could get patches for some games.

eh, we really don't know. In any case, the more competition there is the more it favors us consumers, so I welcome any new steam alternative.

This will pretty much just be Amazon games-Twitch integration.
Amazon owns Twitch and they will most likely do all the actual deals and game selling.

Will "online game store wars" soon become the new console wars?

I wonder when we'll reach the point where even normalfags think the shilling is too much. You need to have facecams, notifications, say some sort of catchphrase when people give you money and if you don't they get bitchy in chat how "senpai didn't notice me". This shit has so little to do with actually playing video games at this point that it's ridiculous.

I hate valve as much as the next guy, but Twitch is MUCH MUCH WORSE

It's basically just a minstrel show at this point.

Except it won't create competition.What the fuck kinda games do you expect twitch to sell?

The biggest "competition" valve has are fucking EA and Blizzard and only because they sell their games through their own plattform.

That is some crafty shit right there.

My real concern is this: What variety of bullshit DRM are they going to include?
I don't trust twitch to code their way out of a wet paper bag. Their recent updates made their site a miserable memory hog and finally got me to switch to using livestreamer.

Bingo. Streamers want games that fit their streamer gimmick. Shit with audience integration and participation. They don't want to play real games. They want to play shit that gets them more money for less work.

It used to be the norm to give streamers money straight into their Paypal account so that money transfer was 1 to 1 barring any transaction fees. Now it's the norm to buy tokens from Twitch (who take a cut obviosly) that you can then give to the streamer which makes it like 1 to 0.66 I think or something like that. The only difference is a notification in chat and a badge next to your name telling how much of a fool they made out of you.

People are stupid.

These cucks aren't actually as numerous as you think also see

Oh yeah, forgot Amazon owns Twitch.
But still, Amazon sells Steam keys. They'd have to jack up the prices to make a profit.

The clueless jews, the jews that make you pay too much for VNs and shovelware and the jews everyone wants to love but keep getting let down by.

HumbleBundle is SEGA, as they sell shit most of the time, but occasionally there's some gems.

It really is cancerous. Good luck just watching someone play a game anymore. Enjoy that loud obnoxious jingle every three seconds because people want to pretend they have friends (or that the "cute" girl playing cares about them) and the obnoxious catchphrase and good lord I'm getting annoyed just thinking about it. At least you can still watch fighting game tournaments on Twitch, I guess.

or

but more likely

KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA

I was thinking of some broad my roommate watches play Overwatch who just says the same annoying thing every time somebody subscribes or follows or pays or anything. I want to add that as boring as Overwatch is to play, it's even worse watching it. I can think of games that are less fun to play than OW, but I can't think of one that's less fun to watch.

I knew this was gonna happen. They already muscled in on EBay and Google and Walmart and Netflix, it was only a matter of time before they tried to stick their grubby merchant fingers into another pot.

Say hello to the new Time Warner. If you thought videogame monopolies were bad now just wait.

What it is is Chaturbate or MyFreeCams. It's the exact same shit. You throw pennies at people and they jiggle and thank you and then forget you. Then you keep doing it until they acknowledge that they can milk the shit out of you and then you get some sort of name and access to a private chat or something. Then you buy them things off of their Amazon wishlist and get used panties or something similar in return. The worst shit I see is people actually having a discussion with the streamer through donations. They donate a dollar or something to get their message seen and the streamer gives some five word response and then they make some ebin funny joke through a donation and the cycle repeats.

I just can't imagine what's going through the heads of these people. Same when the streamer says and emoticon aloud and the mindless husks in chat start repeating it like the sheep they are. Some streamers have chat communities that actively, out of nowhere, ask them to shill people to sub or something because they think it's funny to see the same joke over and over. Then there's all this shit like the "bits" filling the screen when people give them and every time that overlay is used people go nuts and throw hundreds of dollars at the streamer, again like those Ohmibod sound activated vibrators on Chaturbate where the girls spasm out when chat gets filled with people spamming a few tokens constantly. It's facinating.

Thanks user, I haven't heard that phrase outside of a shitty gangster film for years.

If women are so oppressed, why do they make the most shekels on Twitch? They must make 2 dollars for every 1 a man man! Smash the glass ceiling!!

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what's entertaining about spamming a shitty emoticon. Even my normalfag friends think it's boring and unfunny, and these are the kidns of guys who actively play FO4 and Skyrim every day, with Overwatch Weekends.

Twitch chat spammers must be even worse than normalfags.

Sounds pretty accurate. It's digital prostitution but with slightly more clothing. But damn do I love my Marvel and Rivals of Aether tournies through it.

Dunno man I've been watching Joniosan's Twitch channel whenever the GGXrd Mikado Tenkaichi budokai tournament is on and even that nigger or whoever it is that does the english casting rememebers to say "yo let people know tweet this shit out" at every break and he also reads subs out and calls them out in chat. It's not his fucking stream, he's there maybe twice a week, it's a small niche stream that streams 90% in japanese and still this shit needs to happen. How fucking pathetic are these people that NEED their names to be read out aloud so much that they pay for it. Even people on shitty anime imageboards like this one have more dignity than paying someone to say their name out loud.

This is what I call "Redditification". Incredibly lame jokes even the lowest common denominator in chat can laugh at, spamming memes "for teh lulz", mindless consumerism and zero self-reflection. It's what happens when regular ~90 IQ internet people form their own digital culture.

I think it's because the world is very disconnected emotionally, while its so connected digitally. It's not like a couple decades ago where you had communities you formed bonds with and became invested in, its just a real friend or two if you're lucky, some family, and thats it. For others who move away from home, get a job thats a bit out of the way of friends or family, or just grew a part from the people they knew, end up having no connections and having a hard time forming new ones in this culture. Then they find these places, and can use this money they're working for to not feel alone for a little bit, or have some jester on a stage pretend to be their friend and care about them, or pretend to be interested in them, which they've been craving.

It really doesn't. Oh boy, buying an Ubitrash game on Steam and having to have BOTH Steam and Uplay running at the same time sure does favor me as a consumer. I also love having EA games locked to origin as exclusives. Boy, nothing gets my dick harder than fucking windows store exclusives either.

Yeah, buddy, all of this "competition" for who has the best walled garden sure benefits me as a consumer.

Actually on top of that, even the friendships are often fake and superficial, and many people don't have siblings, or cousins to form connections to, to make up for the lack of meaningful relationships with friends, or just outright lack those meaningful relationships with their family. Nowadays loneliness and depression is rampant, and a 5 minute friend is a valuable commodity.

Amazon could be good. I'm not so sure about Twitch, though. Either the only games they really sell well will be stream bait and they'll fail as a distributor, or the only games they really sell well will be stream bait and the industry shifts to stream bait due to demand.

I don't know, man. The closest I've come to being into this eceleb crap is using my free sub from amazon prime for one of the very few people I follow, basically just because I got a free prime trial to save money on something I ordered.

What's the fucking fun in watching the same joke repeated 20 times in a row with a single word variation?
Then if the joke is more than 2 weeks old, it's a classic joke and you're cool for remembering it, so have 4chan reddit gold.

I don't actually understand how shitty rewritten jokes get 1000000 upboats and a thoughtful piece of ontopic discussion gets downboated for preventing the shitty meme from being at the top of the page.

Anyways, enough of my ranting. What needs to happen is Redditors get doxxed by something like the CloudFlare leak so they stop using the internet.

don't act like that'd make reddit stop using the internet user
its REDDIT

It'll be dead in a month.
Nais du see yu maketah-chan.

This is the single most infuriating thing about reddit.

Well, the dox would just lead to someone bored like me to order pizzas and reporters to their homes, one at a time.

wew

Good. The reason Steam is such a stinky pile of shit is because they haven't had any real competition in over a decade.

They must be doing some serious shilling to get people to play the shitty ripoff of a shitty ripoff of a shitty mobile game.
Or do people just not get tired of those things? Humans are strange creatures.

Clash Royal has literal tournaments.

That doesn't even begin to describe the cancer.
There's shit like Social Eating that I can only describe as a "vlog of someone eating" and the streamers who do that shit are literally, literally the most pretentious fuckers in the universe.

I've seen it all now

If hearthstone has tournaments this doesn't surprise me either.

I don't think it's a ripoff, I've watched a few normalfag friends play that crap, it's from the guys who made Boom Beach and it's kind of a two sided tower defense ? Either way it was really bad and full of the usual mobile cancer, I really don't understand how people can watch other folks playing this garbage and be entertained.

Oh wow, it's really all going down the shitter isn't it ?

What the fuck

This situation has so much things wrong, I don't even know where to start.

I kinda assumed it was a ripoff of Clash of Clans, given obvious name copying and similar style.

Been several occasions where a "competitor" has lost because an ad started playing during their game.

It's cancer with cancer piled on top.

It's basically the sequel to Clash of Clans since it's made by the same developer.

if only nobody had ever invented phone games

When will expansion packs make a comeback? Those were cool and usually got the same treatment as the original game rather than being a quick 5 minute job making new clothes or whatever.

I think it's a spinoff or tie-in that gets you extra rewards in the main game

BWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
THEY DON'T EVEN GIVE THEM A FREE COPY OF THE GAME FOR SHILLING FOR THEM

Smartphones in general. Normalfags being allowed to access the internet at all times killed it. Eternal September x10000

Oh.
That was my second guess.

If only we could've stopped the cellphone from being created. Home phones and payphones were enough for everyone.

Hello Gabe

Yeah if only flash games weren't a thing.

No, cellphones have helped immensely in communication.
Smartphones, however, just hindered it by making everything under 170 characters or making it small and compact to save data usage.

Phones should of only been for calling people.

If you ever thought there were ethical boundaries for streamers or youtube personalities, you might just be dumb enough to buy into this stupid shit.

the people that make expansion packs anymore is bethesda.

that's because they learned from the bestâ„¢

Best example on that is people going:

Bullshit on twitter when people are clearly fishing for attention and get their ego stroked by random fucks on the internet they never heard.

Isn't it just modified CRYENGINE?

Why there are safety belts in their sits?

I think it's more like unity, with 2D supported.
Though they do own CRYENGINE, so maybe that's what it is.

I wanted to make a joke about how intense the game is, but I couldn't think of a good one.
Those are lanyards with IDs on them.

Whatever it is, I imagine it'll lead to more shitty asset-flipped indie-games that they try to sell through Twitch. Cancer just migrates from one platform to another.

Looks like CRYENGINE to me.

aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/faq/

This is actually pretty big fucking deal when you think about how publishers are further using streamers for pre-release information since they're seen as "more trustworthy" and "more personable" than traditional online press outlets (IGN, Polygon, etc). Think about this for second:
It's almost like they're looking to recruit more shills for them without putting them on a salary - a kind of mercenary shill.

It's to contain their unbridled autism.

They're so braindead their vegetable-like brains need them to avoid falling out of the seats.

Not only that, they get a more "personal" angle with this shilling.
Think about it. Like it or not, people really get attached to their favorite streamers and can end up treating them like friends or family.
And now this "close acquaintance" of yours is recommending you buy X game.

Hey goys, my dog here really wants you to buy this new game. Just click that buy button that twitch has provided for you.

Heh heh heh

At least PewDiePie is being a shitty second-rate neo-nazi to get the kids on board.

It's "goyim" when used in plural, goy

Funny and sad at the same time

He is just doing that to get attention.

wew, who is this ugly sack of shit?

This has to joke. P-P-Please be a joke.

A popular twitch streamer, plays fighting games and other shit, people seem to love him, massive cuckold that lives in california.

Guess someone should turn this entire video into a webbum.

He then spent the next two weeks+ of streams groveling for forgiveness for this slip of his tongue, no joke.

I don't know what game that is, not going to google it either but from every ones reaction I assume it's a mobile or facebook game or something like that. Even in that genre men are better than women.

No fucking way

I don't know about that, considering how hard people suck Gabe's dick I doubt they will switch to some other platform. Also people have all their friends and games there, why leave that behind?

They're having fun. Even if they're retarded, it's still better than those who find the newer Bioware or Bethesda games enjoyable.

WHERES THE FCC?

But all the twitch streamed games are platform exlcusive
All require their own specific platform.

New Humble Bundle! Streamer Edition! Benefiting the charity "Autism Speaks".[Twitch DRM Only]

Pay anything and get these awesome games your favorite streamers LOVE to play:

Pay more than the average to unlock:

Pay $50 or more to unlock:

agreed, my thoughts exactly
maybe it will force them to make games again
HL3??

No, it's not.
Mobile games are worse than shitty RPG meme games.

Quit trying to fit in so hard.

introducing
SIEGE OF STREAMERS
control your favorite SUBSCRIBED streamer firing your favorite SUB EMOTES to earn FREE BITS!
this was physically painful to write

I value fun over buying the games that are popular because they are popular specifically to try to fit in on the nerd craze. Don't get me wrong, they should be playing some actual fucking games instead of the mobile garbage.

Skyrim at least had some average-tier waifus and porn mods going for it.
Plus, the vanilla game is 6/10 and if it weren't a TES game it would be slightly more liked here. Same for FO4, they just shat all over their predecessors legacy with dumbed down mechanics.
Mind you, FO4 is irredeemable shit. 4/10 if it wasn't a FO game, 2/10 because it is.
I leave 1/10 because I know it can get worse.

The point is, evaluating which would be the most fun, playing with horse shit or with dog shit shouldn't even deserve consideration. I don't play shit games and neither should you.

I'll sooner get buttfucked than make a twitch account.

Yup, Im good. Time to go back to books.

Put a bullet through your throat.

They're both shit tier, and the easiest way to get people to stop playing them is to recommend better games and hope they play those instead. Even then, you could find better porn games than having to resort to modding Skyrim tbh.

I don't even play games anymore.

I can help you with that :^)

No doubt, but Skyrim has at least a modicum of interest.
A shitty mobile strategy game does not.

Those are but a drop in the ocean of shitty games made by furries.

Forgot I was saging, whoops.

Getting a twitch account?

Yes, he'll help you make the account.
An email will be sent shortly with details of the location for the account creation.
Wear something fancy.

Totally

At least Skyrim and the like gives the benefit of teaching people that console gaming is severely lacking.

I Was thinking that people would rather purchase on twitch to support streamers but actually does make a good point. People who watch twitch streamers don't actually play real games. It'll be funny to see the problems this raises.

Twitch was already cancer by pushing camwhoring as it got them money by taking a cut from thirsty beta orbiters now they're actively promoting shilling, can that site get any fucking worse.

Stop posting anime on Holla Forums.

That's what's scary about the faith people are putting in streamers, LPers, and other people talking into cameras. People empathize a lot more with an actual human voice than some text on the internet, especially if the voice can react to you in real-time (and a 10 second delay). All of this makes the shilling become a lot more subversive and harder to pick up on.

Twitch is becoming a very powerful tool for game publishers to control the info and narratives for their games before they hit release date, though they'll have to whip the divas in the medium to get them in-line with them.

Now you've done it.

I'm serious.

oh no

This is your last warning.

What are you gonna do to me daddy?

How much longer until this whole "e-sport" fad dies, it's not even a sport so even the name's an outright lie.

Fine.

:^)

Not soon enough.

Too bad.

THIS FUCKING PICTURE I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THE FUCK DOES LEGS AKIMBO MEAN HOW IS THAT POSE PROTESTING TRUMP I DON'T GET IT SOMEONE FUCKING EXPLAIN WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP POSTING IT?

You'll understand once you know how to reflect on future.

(((modern art)))

It's 2017.

If it helps, I just checked the tweet and its article, replies are full of people telling how disgusting and how much of an attention whore she is

So that same as a preTrump world, lonely and desperate?

Except the games you buy are just going to be steam keys that you activate on Steam to play the game.

Or do you think Valve is going to release Dota 2 and Counterstrike games on someone else's platform when they already have the largest platform? Let alone the fact that 90% of all twitch viewers are watching games that are sold on exclusive platforms that they are tied into, like Battle.net, Steam with marketplaces support, etc.

It's not competing against anything. It's literally just a reference link that sells you games at full price and then e-mails you a steam key. There is no Twitch client to download games.

This. Twitch is shit and full of cucks.

Jesus this time line SUCKS.

lol
yeah good luck with that

I doubt it.
Steam won the pc market with steam sales, and now that they have market share on their side as well twitch is going to have to pull a fucking miracle out of their ass to become anything more than a congregation ground for cucks, and that's even if steam does paid mods again.

Watcha going to do about it, faggot?

That'd be cool. Twitch doesn't allow problematic content.

Especially because steam has had a major head start on every other competitor, so anyone who wants to switch can kiss their library goodbye unless they want to use two different game managers or there is some sort of account linking.

I put the replies together with the image for better context. Is this shit the reason Holla Forums is so gay?

legs akimbo sounds like a nigerian race horse or something.

Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't.

The mantra of deranged Jewish economists. Competition is not inherently good for the consumer, as is trivially evidenced by the effect an increasingly Global market has on local economies. Competing in a very particular way that favors positive development is good, but it is not the only way to win. You need to understand that business isn't an honorable contest over who can provide the best products and prices.

As for steam, it must die.

This is either advanced shillery or serious newfaggotry. Either way you're still retarded.

Oh no
not talk shows
anything but the talk shows

I can't find a single instance of that happening, got any video links?

Ross's Game Dungeon is so genuine

No they havent.
They bought cry engine, renamed it, repackaged it and are now reselling it.

Meant to sage.