Open world game

Everyone was so caught up with censorship that nobody fucking noticed how stupid the game itself is. It works against its own concepts all the time.
I played solely for the mechs, and mechs were fine, but dear god what were they thinking?
Do you think XB2 will be as incoherent self-contradicting mess as X was? I mean I don't even care for it if it doesn't have mechs, but XBX was my hope for finally having big fleshed out mecha game since I dunno PS3 era, and after coherency and consistency of XB1 my hopes were maybe a bit too high.

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/893049/667c501639/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

your loss dude

(checked)
/thread
Those repeating digits don't lie.

Oh fuck you digitsmen.

Nice get.

I actually like the concept of exploring a huge world with a functioning ecosystem and using huge combat vehicles. How would you keep both forms of combat and movement viable in a game like that? The cheapest way would be to make sections to tight to access with the vehicle, but there's got to be a better solution.

That's not a get you fucking newfag.

Thanks.

Didn't eve supposedly have something to balance the different ship sizes. Large ships obviously big enough a much smaller ship couldn't hurt them, and if they hit would one shot them, but big ships weapons made unwieldy and inaccurate so little ships were pretty much impossible to hit without wasting so much ammo it wasn't worth the time or effort unless it was something like a swarm trying to scavenge scrap they shot off a much larger ship.

That`s the problem

What game are you even talking about? EVE or some shit?

Well it's supposedly balanced by enemies' sizes. So even if the enemy is 10 levels below you, but is XXL sized you're not going to defeat it without at least one robot at your side.
That being said it's easy to break the game in either form, I think you can actually infinitely stunlock most enemies with some end-game ground gear enhancements.

It's not a JRPG.

It's called speed tanking. You could implement something like that if you like combat systems with miss chance, but this wouldn't work for dice roll independent one.
I guess you could just make vehicles behave unwieldy enough to give small enemies time to evade, but you'd have to be careful to not make them annoying to handle. You could also make horizontal attacks go over smaller enemies heads so you can't just use sweep attacks to compensate for a lack of agility.

Yes.

Oh right I'm fucking blind

bump

Pick one buckaroo

I guess Septerra Core is not a JRPG huh

It isn't, it is very much a wrpg, just like how Dark Souls is a jrpg

Must be nice, to discover greentexting.

And yes Dark Souls is a Jrpg as is Nioh, as is Xenoblade X.

I brought most of this up when the game launched, but I just got shouted down and accused of trying to distract from the censorship issue.
I told all of you faggots. All you had to do was listen. You have only yourselves to blame.

JRPG and WRPG are not separate genres with distinct classifications, they are merely ways to differentiate games based on region of origin.

but they indeed are

The "localization" of Xenoblade removed the "xeno" from BLADE

They went out to achieve a very small number of things (open world with no loading screens, better combat, online integration for some reason) and ignored basically anything else. I'd rather have had what they had planned before, even if it was kinda stupid. Check out this Secret File for more details. Yes, it's on sadpanda for some reason.
exhentai.org/g/893049/667c501639/
As for not being connected, the Xeno series is so fucking weird I won't be surprised if X is actually the 10th game in the series, and if they announce Xenoblade X II and it seems to take place after a time skip and mention events we don't see, I'm going to assume they skipped the 11th game.
I can't wait to play Xenoblade 2 this 2017 Holiday 2018. I could also go on for a bit about some interesting details in Xenoblade 2 that you won't hear in any GameXplain video, but it's mostly speculation and therefore probably bullshit.

Tbh original japanese names for things are just as stupid as localized ones, if not even stupider.
Symbolism my ass, that shit on your pic doesn't fucking mean anything, just a bunch of words japs though sound cool.

Honestly only two things that got hooked me into Xeno franchise were martial arts and mechs.
I think the last Xeno game with martial arts was also the first one, and it doesn't seem to be any mechs in XB2.

Looking good op, you are fitting in better. XCX is indeed a game that is cool to hate on.

yeah, what did you expect

Who's trying to fit in now?

This game had a lot of problems. I have no idea how they thought half of this shit was a good idea.

May as well get something nice out of this tread, speculate away.

The game is really good and was enjoyable even on shit which was CEMU 1.6.3 but OP sucks too much cocks while throwing a tantrum because he didn't get sequel to XB1 and probably was too busy trying to skip to fapping to mechs to notice finer points of the game. There's no excuse for shitty voice overs and censorship though, good thing there's an undub.

Oh, I forgot to mention the horrendous pop in.
Holy fuck, even with the packs installed to try and help it its still so fucking bad. I can't tell you how often I've ran face first into one of the fuck you enemies as it popped into my screen.

The areas were lines drawn in the sand with no gradual change, what would have been better was maybe taking a flight or something to the different areas. Or not have them connected, have them across a sea area like the while place was.
Affinity system was crap, whats worse is that all the party members are spread out across the city. Nice touch, but bad in practice. Cant I just call them on my phone or something?

This.
The game has it's flaws, but after all the procedurally generated bland shit we've had to deal with this gen, it's a breath of fresh air

Fastest way to sum it up is you're playing a Gundamn anime game

It would be too fucking convenient like most of modern AAA trash. Character placement, their schedule, one but developing-as-you-progress well made city and lots of other shit is made for sake of game atmosphere and it's really great, the NLA is comfy so loitering around while looking for NPCs is actually enjoyable. Really, rushing the game is not the correct way to play it.

I disagree.
I have to drop what I'm doing and run all the way back to NLA to grab someone. A compromise would be switching them out at outposts when out in the field. Oh and you're right, you do have to take it slow. Otherwise you will see how long it takes for this game to load anything. Plus the music in NLA gets so grating I don't wanna spend anymore time there then I have to, I just wanna grind out everyone faggy little missions they have for me.
AND THEN, AFTER I SPENT THEN PAST HOUR DOING IT, I REALIZE THAT I DON'T ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THEIR FUCKING PROBLEMS. ARENT WE DYING? WHY IS EVERYONE SUCH A FUCKING BITCH?
NO I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR COFFEE BAR, NO I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS, HUURR DERR MUH CAT RAN AWAY.
WHO THE FUCK CARES??????
WE ARE BEING HUNTED DOWN TO THE MAN BY AN ALIEN RACE AND GETTING ASSFUCKED BY ULTRA FAUNA, OH BUT LET ME STOP AND RUN YOUR FAGGOT ASS LITTLE FETCH QUEST

You know what this games problem is?
Its biggest most glaring problem?
I have zero investment in any these people, party members included. They throw them at you by the truck load, and them dump them in some dark little corner of the city. The game says that we are on the razors edge, but does NOTHING to show it.
WHY?
What a way to toss a perfectly good way to engage to player, to show the city slowly and collectively losing its shit as the number get lower and lower, an air of hopelessness. The one nice thing I noticed the last time I actually stopped and looked around was there are a ton of new faces walking around my city streets, wouldn't that have been a nice contrast to everyone realizing they are about to die? Commenting on the nice new home they have made for themselves on this shithole planet, and how awful it will be to lose it again?
But no.
Maybe others felt different but this is what I got from playing.

I dumped about 20 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles, got past the first big boss against the robot in the other colony, and then proceeded to lose my save. This shit right here is why I ain't even mad. Why bother going through 20 hours again just to go through another 40+ for the main story and another 40+ on top of that for sidequests when the sequel doesn't give a great God damn about anything you do?

X's affinity system wouldn't be so shit if the characters gained affinity much faster and had actual roles in the main story. Oh and if the affinity missions were an actual reward and not something that you more or less curbstomped without thought by the time you grinded enough affinity to get to them shit I wouldn't mind level scaling for affinity missions just to make sure that they were always somewhat of a challenge. That and having more variety and customization for your Dolls would help too.

Alright here we go, potential spoilers for Xenoblade 2 (probably not really) and likely spoilers for other Xeno games will follow.

From what little scripts we saw in the background, we can assume that girls with green Zohar shapes on them can become swords or are just spirits inside swords are called Blades. The person holding them is called a Driver. The red girl I'm assuming is Homura due to the flame relation, blonde one would be Hikari. Maybe all Blades are girls with an element themed name, but I'm not absolutely sure. Also Vandam returns, but since the last two times he was Waluigi and a tank-top enthusiast, respectively, he'll probably look different instead of like the same guy but with his weird tattoo at a different angle back in -gears and -saga (also it's not quite the same name, but close enough). There's a catgirl character, and the last two times we had humanoid characters with animal characteristics (demi-humans in Xenogears and High Entia in Xenoblade) they were associated with degeneration of a sort. While this might not be the case, someone is rounding them up for some reason, so there's a chance of attempted or implied genocide going on. Also there's a hot spring scene. Either this game is going to be more lighthearted than other games in the Xeno- series, or is going to pull the rug out from under us and give us something depressing again. I'm guessing the former because hoping for depth will just leave me disappointed.

As for references to other Xeno games, aside from the aforementioned Zohar, there are a couple of side notes. Monsters from Xenoblade are returning, so that might give you an idea how this takes place. The green lights we see several times resemble the green Zohars, I'm assuming it's all Ether related. Blades evoke the Monados obviously, but they're probably more closely related to the artificial ones if anything. The big tree has a slight chance of connection with Xenoblade X, hear me out. In X, there's a species that is pretty much entirely bonus bosses, Yggralith. Not only is this a passing reference to Yggdrasil, the major Yggralith lives in the giant petrified tree. While this is basically bullshit, Xeno games are not unfamiliar with space-travel-capable parasites, isn't that right "Chrono Trigger is Episode 6"-fag? Anyway I'm probably forgetting something, so feel free to point it out.

Nevermind that everywhere you get recolored pigs, recolored 4-armed apes, recolored grexes, recolored non-elephants and recolored huge turtles. I mean sure irl zebras are pretty much recolored horses, but there is just too much copy pasted animals all over the mira.

Oh right monsters instead of going to sleep or crawling out of their nests just fucking SPAWN AND DESPAWN before your very eyes like players in unreal tournament. So fucking immersive.

It's not kinda annoying, it's super fucking annoying and doesn't do shit. Combat dialogues, cut-scenes, unvoiced texts, nothing fucking changes between 0 affinity and full affinity.
It's just arbitrary numerical recourse like exp or miranium only used as checkgate. Except it doesn't fucking do anything except letting you through to get to the story or to skill unlocking quests. It's fucking soulless garbage.

This so much. Humanity on the verge of extinction, but guys that are aware of it run around saving cats and dogs.
The common excuse of hiding this info from the public being "to avoid panic" is fucking bullshit, since ship's population is supposed to consist from people hand picked for their skills and competency. Sure there is a bunch of asshats who bought their way in, but still, majority of people should be collected enough to not lose their shit.

Yeah it's good on paper, but in reality most fashion items look like crap. And actual civilian clothes are ultra limited. Like there basically no dresses for girls, despite game explicitly having non-combat population which would make perfect sense for all kinds of regular clothes existing in game.
But hey bunny suits are in, I guess robot people can't go on without prostitution.

How was the african music though guys?

NLA Day is my favoutire track in the game. I dunno why people hate on it, guess can't have enough generic EPIC ORCHESTRAL SCORES in games.

Honestly I'd rather they get fucking Vince DiCola do the soundtrack for the game, and no one knows who the crap he is.

I will say that the Nopon/comedy theme from X was pretty spot on though. Not anywhere near as good as best Heropon's theme, or the emotional version of best Heropon's theme they made just for one scene in the entire game.

Sawano is a shit tier composer. I don't know why he's held in such high esteem when a good deal of the shit he does sounds exactly like previous stuff he's done with little variation.

Going from ACE+/Shimomura/Kiyota's wide selection of tracks in Chronicles to Sawano's rehashes in X was a huge downgrade.

I don't follow the names in the industry, but people who call XBX OST bland compared to XB1 one are delusional at best, pants on head retarded at worst.

The pop in is a huge problem, but it's more to do with the Wii U being a turd than anything. I give them credit for trying something so ambitious on such a piece of shit.

I like Xenoblade X. It was grindy but it was really rewarding beating the shit out of monsters that you had to sneak by when you were weak.

I like the soundtrack, I just fucking wish they would have opted for non voiced versions of the tunes when it's background music.

I just want to listen to Stan Bush as I clobber evil Decepticons

What?

How have you not heard about Transformers Devastation. It's made by Platinum, it's on PC, has a lot of the voice actors from the show, Vince DiCola is on the music, and the only complaints you can level against it are random weapon drops (stupid and pointless), it's kinda short (but Platinum games are meant to be replayed anyway), and it's 50 bucks I think (just pirate it). It's also published by Activision and I'm pretty sure Platinum makes sure they get paid before the game comes out, so you might want to just pirate it on principal.

The characters looked great. It is nice to have original voices and the guy who worked on the music from the movie. Enjoy your city of canyons and repetative boring combat. Speaking as a fan of the show from the 80s this game was garbage. If anyone else had the assets platinum created for this game they could shit out a better game in a month.

It sounds like you just don't like Platinum games, because when you strip back all the flashiness all you have is solid combat.