Will sega ever try to make a serious sonic game again?

Will sega ever try to make a serious sonic game again?
While I don't have autism I miss the Sonic Adventure games.

They fucking won't. They did Sonic 06 and after it's result they won't go back to the serious theme ever again, nevermind the fact that it was supposed to be SA3.
That's plausible, but it'll be full of "muh nostalgia!!!" faggotry again. They've placed that bet on Generations and it sold and now they're doing it with that Sonic Mania game that will sell as well since people still do romhacks of old games and it's soundtrack isn't too bad. But since people in charge often misjudge things, misattribute them or categorize reasons of game's success too broadly or mix up major and minor reasons we can expect them to figure out the following - "Games that pander to nostalgiafags sell, sonic games with serious tone do not sell, sonic adventure games are a mix of those two so we'll make the game lean on the cartoony and Lost Worlds aesthetic, we can bag both the new and old audience with this!"

It could be decent - new and improved chao gardens and potential for playing over the internet. But it'll still be mediocre at best.

It's just the end of an era, m8. Like arcades.

You have to consider that the Adventure formula has been done to fucking *death*. Sonic 06 was something Sega absolutely banked upon but workplace incompetence has scared them (and by extension the public) shitless of seeing that tried ever again. That new game they showed might do something similar to it, or at least more open levels, but they're most likely gonna take baby steps and see what parts of the formula they can get away with. That's not saying they'll use it in the not-mania game, but it's the best step they'd take. Sega's gonna take shit slow.

Not really. Even the most liberal estimate would have a total of five games, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic '06. Out of those, Heroes and Shadow change things substantially with very major gimmicks, and those two and Sonic Adventure 2 don't have Adventure Fields. But Unleashed does, and that's clearly Modern Sonic, with Modern Sonic's Action Stage style of boosting down corridors.

So Adventure Sonic's core gameplay style has really only been done three times, with two additional games that played kinda like spinoffs. Modern Sonic has been done in four games already, Unleashed, Colors, Generations, and Lost World. Adventure Sonic hasn't really been done to death compared to Modern Sonic.

But OP seems to be talking about story and shit. The trailer for 2017 had a post apocalyptic world and shit. So it's either now or never. But there's still a good chance that they blame the story and gameplay style for Sonic '06 bombing, instead of the fact that the game was an alpha prototype that didn't even have time to dummy out unfinished elements. So if that's the case, we'll never see anything more than americanized "Sonic was never serious, guys!" games ever again.

I miss it when eggman was a serious villain and not some lame joke he is today. I mean, he held amy at gun point in SA2. It doesn't need to go as far as SA2 did, but showing eggman as more competent and willing to take risks for victory would be nice.

Ironically, at the time, people were saying the same thing you're saying now, that they missed when Eggman (but they'd get mad if you called him Eggman instead of Robotnik) was a "serious" villain, because he was never the true final boss in the Adventure-era games. That's why Iblis and Mephiles don't factor much into Sonic's story in Sonic '06, and all that stuff is in Shadow and Silver's stories instead. That was Sega trying to listen to fans and give a Sonic story that's simply about beating up Eggman. So simple, in fact, that it's about him saving a princess from Eggman. Because you want simple, right?

Then that didn't work, so they just stopped having stories entirely.

So you mean the good ones, right? Americans kept Sonic from going full furfag bullshit. That's how it got popular in the first place. You can go eat shit.

Wasn't sally created because sonic just had to have a love interest?

What we could have gotten is Sonic the rockstar with a human gf.

They tried that with 06 and look what happened with that.

Sonic Adventure was the conclusion of a story that ran throughout all the Classic Sonic games. Modern Sonic just ignores the original games in favor of pandering to casuals who never actually liked or even played them.

And American Sonic was one of the most major sources of future furfags to have ever existed. Even more than Japanese Sonic, and that's saying something.

That got thrown out pretty early on, before any localization was happening. It's not like that's the story that ended up in the Japanese version either.

Do the nips even give a shit about sally or any of the comics or TV show sonic related stuff? All they want is just cutesy cartoon animals doing whatever.

The nips never care about any localized version of any of their shit. But it's not that they want cutesy cartoon animals only. Or at least they didn't back in the '90s, I don't know about now. In the 90s, Japanese Sonic had a hardcore story, and American Sonic was cutesy animal shit that sometimes tried to go way too directly dark and then went back to cutesy animal shit.

Sonic the Hedgehog was originally released in America. Sega is an American company. Butthurt Japs are the reason Sonic went to shit. Furfag shit is what the Japs wanted.

Note that it took someone from Sega of Japan seeing this pic (>>12025263) to finally make the American localization start to get its act together.

Sonic was made by Japanese developers, and (((localization))) ruined it. Butthurt amerifags are just being good goys by crying for more localized shit instead of what the creators actually intended.

Made by Japs who worked closely with their American counterparts (. By "closely" I mean they had a lot of influence on the final product (they also ran the fucking company;yes the entire thing), including the exclusion of Madonna. Madonna wasn't in the Japanese version either, Autismo. That's because she wasn't "localized" out. Sega of America told them to cut that shit out. Once again, Sonic wasn't "localized" in America, it was "localized" in Japan. Otherwise, all of the early Sonic games have released in Japan first and not America. Fuck dude, Sonic 2 was developed in the US and half the team were Americans.

You're so full of Jap semen that you confused Archive fucking Comics with Sega of America. Holy shit, faggot. Get your shit together.

Please tell me where I said it was. In fact, in this post

I specifically point out that that story wasn't in the Japanese version, and that that wasn't an example of localization.

There were only a few days difference for most of the games, and of those, some of them were Japan first, like Sonic 2, which you just claimed was American.

All the betas and shit were in Japanese. Sonic Team is Japanese. Sometimes they'd work in the US, but still with Japanese people. This is why the stories they continued with were the Japanese versions, because they never had anything to do with the localized stories.

The bad guy was always called Eggman. Amy was never called Princess Sally (even though Sonic CD's localized manual says otherwise). The localized versions couldn't even remember the names of the Chaos Emeralds (with different shows calling them whatever the fuck they want, and having different numbers of them).

The Archie comics are a localized version (the first localized adaptation) and a good example of how your claims that the japanese version was the primary source of furfag shit is plain wrong. SatAM was already posted, and the less we speak of Sonic Underground the better. Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog gets by by barely having a story (though they still fuck up basic shit like the emeralds), and all the american versions of the manuals did was remove story, and not really add much of their own. However they did make the Sonic Bible, which is where Archie and SatAM got most of their basic shit. We all know that when americans bitch about Sonic's style and story, they're bitching for SatAM and Archie, because the manuals were much more similar to the Japanese versions, just with less details, or replaced with bullshit non stories (like Knuckles Chaotix).

I see you're unable to drawn conclusions. Your posts imply American versions aren't the original (you can't localize the original). Sega of America said something was a no-go and it's gone from ever version of the game. Do you know what that means? Of course not. That means they aren't just some localizing team.

What you said about the manual isn't the American version being localized, it's the Japanese version being localized. The Americans had a lot of say (it's hard to find a source that states the entire reach, but again, the company was ran by an American and founded by an American).

Sonic CD is what you want to use to prove me wrong? It actually proves me right. While it was an early game that did get localized (never claimed that it wasn't, nor did I claim that game that came after the 2nd wasn't), it was also a game were the Japs were left uncheck. You know what we get? Amy. "Oh but we all ready got love interests in Sonic cartoons and comics!" Except the cartoons aren't made by Sonic of America and they aren't the video games. Yeah Sonic Bible was scrapped. Just because Archie used it, doesn't change the fact Sonic of American decided they shouldn't put it in the games.Not that it matters, because there's nothing wrong with the Sonic Bible. It gives a reasonable background without the shitty furfag drama. Not only that, but furfag shit was still very limited in the cartoons and comics. Sonic kissing Sally was a one off thing done in the end of the show's lifetime. I don't believe Sonic went that far in the comics, but I didn't read a lot of them. I don't give a shit that American's complained about them.

I see you're unable to own up to the fact that you accused me of saying something when I, in fact, said the exact opposite.

You're just spouting unsourced shit about how the Americans actually made everything and just got all those Japanese people in the credits of the game to make it. The localized version of the story created for baka gaijin audiences was thrown out eventually because it wasn't the version that the games were actually made for. Eggman was called Eggman in the games themselves (see my previous post's pic), and never Robotnik until later entries (and even then, only obscure ones like Fighters, where it was spelled wrong).

Sega of America didn't put the Sonic Bible in the games because Sega of America didn't make the games. They just localized certain aspects of them. They didn't even care enough to edit out the "Egg" and "Eggman" references and replace them with the word "Robotnik" anywhere in any of the Classic Sonic games.

You have no idea. There are actual stories about Tails crying because he got cucked by Sonic. Granted, I'm not about to blame Sega of America for things that happened in the comics after the first couple of years. The writer was nuts and the editor didn't do his job of supervising him, and the Editor in Chief didin't do his job of supervising the Editor, and the publisher didn't do his job of supervising the Editor in Chief, and then it becomes Sega of America's fault for not supervising the publisher, and then it's Sega of Japan's fault for not supervising Sega of America, until eventually they did notice how fucked the comic was and lost their shit. But that took almost 15 years.

The comics are also important because they are actually the first appearances of the SatAM characters, and by looking at the two sources you can better see which aspects of the characters came from the show and which came from Sega of America. The comic and the show were being developed at the same time, so it's not that the show copied the comic either. But the comic also didn't copy the show (while usually it could since comics have a much shorter production time).

Stopped there. I can see where this is going. I never said you said Madonna was in the Jap version. You're sidestepping the point, again. Go ahead, keep bumping this thread to defend this stupid shit.

I already pointed out that she wasn't.

If you're saying your "point" is actually that 'she wasn't "localized" out. Sega of America told them to cut that shit out,' you not only once again lack a source, but you lack any evidence that this would anything more than the entire company giving input at very early stages in development. Obviously the final version that was being used by the people who actually made the game wasn't the version with Madonna, it also wasn't the version used by Sega of America in their localization process.

You say this as you literally ignore multiple paragraphs of responses to your "points."

Go ahead, keep trying to pretend you have anything to stand on here. You're not fooling anybody with your non-answers and shit pulled directly out of your ass. Shit which happens to contradict shit that is actually in the games themselves.

That's the high level reading comprehension you have there.

Says the guy who can't even read entire posts.

Those are some good dubs. I'll give you that one. But you're still a dumb faggot who can't defend his bullshit.

I'm pretty sure the Writers of Sonic Colors, Generations, and Lost world are not Returning. I can't speak for Colors since i'v yet to play it but Generations story was weak (but that didn't really matter) and Lost worlds story straight up sucked with the Deadly six being completely one dimensional characters.

Project 2017 looks at least semi serious what with the whole city wide destruction thing going on. but with Classic Sonic being in the game there is bound to be some Comedic moments hopefully they'll be able to strike a good balance with the writing. Though we still have too little info to make any real judgments.

Colors has the worst story of the bunch. The goal was clearly to have as little story as possible. Generations at least had to have a tiny bit about going through time.

You mean Lost World. Minimum story is better than really bad story. They added six new villains and then made the leader the only one that was even barely interesting, introduce a load of new things that apparently all the characters already know about but explain none of it to the audience, turned Tails from genius mechanic to MacGuyver, and had stupid angsty drama between Sonic and Tails. Colors was cringey most of the times it tried to be funny, but it was otherwise harmless.

Yeah I had a feeling it wouldn't be that good.

Ken Pontac and Warren Graff are the ones who wrote the stories for pic related. They also wrote for Happy Tree Friends oddly enough. They were asked if they knew anything about the previous games and they both said no and they refused to go back and learning anything about the old games.
I don't really blame them for not giving a shit about Sonic Lore but i'm glad they don't seem to be around anymore.

Frankly it's hard for me to get mad about the non-stories in these games. I mean you complain, but all those things you mentioned are actually incredibly brief and insignificant, since the game doesn't actually try to make a big story out of them. It's still ultimately the same type of excuse plot as Colors and Generations.

When you get a job on a series you didn't create, I think it's your responsibility to learn all you can about that series. If you choose to change it anyway, that can be okay depending on the situation, but you should at least know what you're doing. This goes for any media, not just video games.

If only Penders also believed that.

The writing in the comedy games is fucking horrible. SA2 in my opinion had the perfect tone but it really comes close to crossing the line and being too dark. I know some people feel that way about it. Point is that I don't think you can get away with going more serious than SA2.

I understand that they probably should have learned things about Sonic but (and this is just me speculating here) I think Sega got them specificity to write these non-stories on purposes. Colors was right after 06 and Unleashed. the feed back Sega was probably getting at the time likely told them that Sonic stories were too Serious. So they got these guys to wright some harmless crap just for a pay-check and let Sonic cool down for a few years.

Now things like Shadow with a gun and Elise kissing Dead Sonic are safely in the past and are mostly forgotten. Even if we think Colors and Lost world's stories are Crap most people don't give a shit. so Sonic's Reputation at the moment is far better then it was a few years ago.

Yeah Sega was definitely involved in the decision to go this route with the stories. It's the same type of thing that lead them to changing the previous 3D platforming style into the Modern Sonic style of gameplay we have now. Not to mention having the human characters in Unleashed look much more cartoony than before. Unleashed was already much lighter on the plot than previous games, Colors just took that to 11.

Sega was getting feedback from casuals who never liked or even played the games, but had vague memories of SatAM when they were a kid.

You mean AoSth? SatAM had Robotnik as a heartless roboticizing dictator in that one.

True but that was they're biggest feedback none the less. as much as I enjoy Sonic having a more serious story things were getting pretty Crazy.
The main Reason I skipped colors was the fact that I Disliked Unleashed. What with chip's story being "Hey Sonic I have no memories but I like Chocolate" some time later "Oh hey Sonic I just Remembered i'm GOD"

I think giving the series some time to cool off with more a less serious story (even if it ended up being dull) was in the end a good thing.
Though ideally I would want Things like GUN and Chaos control to comeback I really like the idea of Team Dark working for Gun and Shadows Chaos powers are a untapped Gameplay mechanic IMO with Shadow the game being the only one to really explore those powers to some degree.

Naw I mean SatAM because those fans are more autistic and get more mad about the games continuity. AoStH doesn't have enough of a story for those fans to give a shit.

I liked Unleashed a lot. Liked that the Adventure Fields were back and done well. Thought it hit a good balance with the tone and plot (lighter than previous games but still existed). Chip didn't bother me, he was largely an excuse to give Sonic some emotions, with Unleashed being the only game where he has emotions at all. Though I'm still convinced that Chip and the Werehog were a compromise resulting from Sega deciding to turn a 3D Ristar game into a Sonic game. Chip has a very similar story to Ristar, and the Werehog, with his stretchy arms and such, would make sense as a 3D Ristar. The game probably would have been more well received if they just made it Ristar.

Also Unleashed has tons and tons of content, while Colors is short as fuck.

And Shadow's chaos powers were done well in '06, where essentially they're a projectile attack that didn't make people as mad as when he used guns. That's what Shadow should be. A version of Sonic with more focus on offensive capabilities instead of acrobatics.

I don't care what the story is per se, but it bothers me when people act like Sonic didn't have a story until Adventure. It always had a story, in fact, Adventure was the same story as always. Unleashed, and then Colors to an even harder degree, were the ones that changed. They didn't go back to the roots, they took away what connections to the roots there were.

I would fucking kill for a game with just the chao raising with more mini games and competitions and shit. It was the only thing that kept me playing the Adventure games for so long when I was younger. And Rouge's tits.

I remember this page as a kid and I remember the disappointment. I envy the kids who are reading the post reboot comics, completely unaware of the furfaggotry that preceded for fans that just want a comic about the actual video games.

It's been a while since I played unleashed but my complaints at the time were the fact you had to get Sun And Moon metals in order to proceed, and since i play action games like Ninja gaiden and Devil may cry the Werehog brawling stages fall below my Standards. maybe I would enjoy the day time stages more if i gave them another shot but it's more or less the same gameplay as generations I think.

Shadow in 06 was pretty good but it was disappointing how there was no Chaos blast or Time manipulation maybe they would have added more things in if the game wasn't rushed.
Silver is also a completely untapped Character. his Gameplay in 06 was actually being pretty sweet. it was like playing Star Wars The force unleashed two years before the game came out.

I still like to think that Sonic Team went full on Dragon Ball Z with 06 and that Silver is Shadows son from the Future, like with Trunks and Vegeta.

The post reboot comics still are all about the Freedom Fighters, characters who aren't in the games, but at least Sonic Universe sometimes does arcs that don't focus on them. That first Shadow arc after the reboot was pretty much a straight sequel to Shadow the Hedgehog and it was great. The whole series should just be shit like that. Stuff that could happen in the games but won't.

Faggot e-celebs like Egoraptor, game journalists and every fucking media maker that hates Sonic because they were a fucking SNES fanboy will keep bringing that up because Sonic reminds them of a popular cocky high schooler and they keep trying to bring up the has-been narrative to feed their fucking fantasy. It's disgusting that normalfags and Sega are listening to them.

maybe they could make a serious robotnik game

'06 had plenty of good ideas, and it bothers me that casuals and Sega themselves refuse to acknowledge that. The game was one of the most unfinished games ever, but it had plenty of good concepts. If it were finished it probably could have been up there with Adventure 1 and 2.

So you want pump-action SMGs and Final Fantasy plots in Sonic games? I hate Egoraptor and pussy game journos too but don't act like SEGA not taking Sonic plots that seriously is a bad thing.

Also I think I should mention that I find the new games' plots to be shite as well. Just an endless stream of quips that are too tame and poorly-timed to be funny. If this little effort is going into the writing, then SEGA should stop bothering to have full-fledged cutscenes and go back to S3&K style with little vignettes at the end of levels that show what's going on. Voice acting is alright but hire someone that's not those Happy Tree Friends douchebags to write. Ian Flynn isn't the best writer in the world but he's still the best writer that Sonic's ever had, I say put him on.

Good ideas like what? Continuing Adventure's bland-ass gameplay? Vehicles and friends that make the game less interesting at best? Gem abilities that no level was designed for?

I still don't get what they were going for with Sonic's romance with Princess Elise. but aside from that yeah 06's story was pretty good having one of Shadow's best moments.

that may have been true in the past but now with Aaron Webber running the Sonic Twitter I think he has good connections with Sega. I mean during the Sonic 25th anniversary party he pretty much said to the crowd in front of all the Sega guys "You guys want sonic adventure 3 right?" and everyone in the room cheered.

I didn't mention plot. I just hate how people are listening to the faggots saying Sonic is overrated because even at around their early to mid 30's they still have issues about the 90's Console War.

I mean I'm all for serious Sonic stories. Hell, I got into Sonic because I read the translated Japanese manuals with the original backstories when I played the PC version of the Classics. But something like Unleashed or Adventure 2 where it isn't awkward like 06 and the early comic writing. I mean I thought a lot of Adventure 2's cutscenes were pretty memorable like Gerald's diary reading. But I think it was a good thing they cooled down with Colors. Because honestly after Heroes, with exception of Unleashed, the writing was fanficy instead of lore driven like the earlier games.

We could have gotten Sonic and Madonna.

Pretty sure that is exactly what he was saying since the idea for Madonna was in the same group of early ideas as Sonic being a Rockstar.
Honestly I think Sonic and Madonna could work if it was a more comedic thing. that idea seemed to be inspired by Rodger and Jessica Rabbit.

No, but they could have gone back to the type of plot they had in the Adventure games. Or just stuck with the type of plot they had in Unleashed. I think Unleashed was a fair compromise.

I agree with your whole second paragraph there though.

Yes. Adventure's gameplay was a proper translation of Sonic to 3D. With good level design, like in Sonic Adventure 2, it has tons of depth to it. Much better than Modern Sonic, which is more akin to translating Dimps-style boost to win Sonic to 3D.

The friends are some of the parts that had good ideas. Shadow in particular, as I've already explained. Knuckles finally getting to do linear 3D stages was a good idea too. Most of the characters had good ideas to how they played. All of them were executed badly, however.

The gems were the key things I was talking about when I said the game was unfinished. They're so unfinished they weren't even dummied out. They didn't even have time to make the energy meter that's always on Sonic's screen actually go down when you used them, which is why they're so broken. Who knows what they would have been like if the game was finished. They were clearly one of the most unfinished pieces of the game.

I'm pretty sure Elise was the result of people saying they wanted Sonic to have a "simpler" story. Namely one with Eggman as the bad guy. So they did exactly that in Sonic's story. They gave him a story so "simple" that it was literally about rescuing a princess, and left the standard Sonic style plot in the other two stories.

Shadow the Hedgehog was lore driven as fuck. And there are only two games between Heroes and Unleashed.

Let me rephrase. Storywise it may be decent but the dialogue is fanficy. Like Kingdom Hearts level of trying too hard. Maybe that's a bit too harsh. I mean back then the dialogue and conversations were really awkward but it was never like KH where it was attempt by a awkward people who never interacted socially before.

I really think Adventure had the best 3D controls and physics for Sonic. Very comfy to control and run around. But Boost brought back the genuine fast pace. Before you had to rely on speed boosters to the point that it felt like a cutscene than speeding through a level.

Sonic Adventure I will admit had meh level design for the Action Stages, but Adventure 2 had great level design. And what that level design meant was that, like the old games, you can play through them slow if you like, but with practice, you can go fast as fuck, and the level flows really well as you do it. Modern Sonic just makes you go fast as fuck at the beginning, and it flows, but you don't earn it, so it doesn't feel as fulfilling. That's when it becomes more like a cutscene than speeding through a level.

The speed you start at in Modern Sonic is an illusion, there are ways to go much faster and improve your time. While it's much more visually apparent in the Adventure games, Modern Sonic has a feel to it when you're going truly fast. Maybe I'm only exaggerating but getting better at any Sonic game will always pay off with faster times and a true sense of speed.

Of course, I'm not saying Modern Sonic doesn't have skill. I am saying that Adventure Sonic was a better translation of the way Classic Sonic played into 3D. It also allows for better exploration and shit, which games like Sonic CD did very well. To go back to Adventure 2, that game has lots of hidden things and incentives to explore the levels. Modern Sonic, since you're inherently rushing past everything, doesn't give nearly as much opportunity for that. There are some hidden things here and there, but not nearly as much. The levels aren't designed for you to stop and look around, because when you do, you realize everything is a sparse hallway, to accommodate GOTTA GO FAST.

what I really dislike about Genrations was the pathetic Ranking system.

Trying to A rank Sonic advneture 2 provided So much replayablitiy since they were score based. You Had to learn, strategies, and Plan the perfect root through the level. comboing enemies and preforming stunts mattered. getting an A rank Felt good.

Generations Ranks are only based on Time and Rings, with the game giving you so much time that the rings don't matter. Pretty much all you have to do is not die and you get an S rank.

Speaking of exploring every level in Adventure 2 has a Gold Beetle which gives you a huge amount of points for destroying which helps get an A rank.

Oh no, I agree with you on that part, the Adventure formula was the best translation to 3D Sonic could have had.

The scoring system is a bit of a joke in Generations, even when not compared to Adventure games. If you want it to be challenging again try the Unleashed mod, S ranks are much harder to get in that.

Adventure 2 had Golden Beetles, Hidden Chao, hidden moves, and chao boxes hidden in every level. That's in addition to the rings you'd need to seek out if you wanted the 100 ring mission, and shortcuts if you wanted to get good ranks. Plus the best animals to feed your chao were hidden around.

Then, you actually get rewarded for getting good ranks. Unlockable costumes, then unlockable characters, and finally an awesome unlockable level. And they're all spaced out very well, evenly apart, so you don't get so discouraged that you give up, even though it is very hard. I can't think of many other games, Sonic or otherwise, that do as good a job with unlockables.

Glad I'm not the only one who saw the good in 06'. To be honest I wish Sonic Team would bite the bullet and Remake 06' in the hedgehog engine.

On the other hand here's some other Sonic Adventure 3 Ideas:
Playable Characters: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge, Silver, Blaze

Plot: After the events of Sonic 06, Unleashed, and Generations(assuming colors was a different universe altogether). Sonic and friends travel back to mobius in Tails' Tornado 3(Space Ship). Upon landing in mobius they notice something is off on the upper plate (mobius has two layers a top and bottom), the forests are burnt down, the cities are rubble, and there are no mobians in sight as far as the eye can see, Sonic and his friends patrol through a vast metropolis only to be confronted by metal sonic.
Metal Sonic: "Hello old friend"
Sonic: "Metal?"(Sonic is confused at Metal Sonic's ability to speak, the fact that he is still alive, and the numerous upgrades he has aquired)
Metal Sonic: "Remember when you left me to die in a vat of molten Lava? Well, my friend the time has come to repay you the favor"(A swarm of hundreds of metalized mobians flies over the skies ahead and swarm from behind Metal Sonic)

Sonic and friends desperately run away from the city and hide in the outskirts of an abandoned village. Meanwhile, deep down on the second layer where the ruins of robotropolis lay, Metal Sonic has ammassed an army of hundreds of mobian robots like him. Metal Foxes, Metal Echidnas, Metal Cats, Metal Dogs, etc. Apparently when sonic killed him all of those years ago his AI was still in Dr. Eggmans mainframe, and began to rebuild itself. It kept the knowledge of the last encounter, but the information was only partial because it was only saved the moment before Sonic reached his hand to save Metal Sonic. The new metal sonic had no knowledge of this and began plotting revenge, by mass producing clones and copies of all of sonic's friends in robot form, by that time Sonic and friends had left mobius for earth and had many many adventures. Metal Sonic set seige to mobius, enslaving all of the mobians(stealing their brains for the metal mobians, killing the last vestige of freedom fighters and burning down every village and city while sonic was away)

He was finally ready for his revenge…

I just want a new chao garden, more chao types, reincarnations and online in top of that.

but im pretty sure sega would go full Kike and charge for powers ups for races or faster growing, betters stats something like that.

Hopefully not.

What is STH2006 engine.

Seriously, I keep hearing how Metal was supposed to be main villain in 06? Is there any sources cause that's a lot better than having a literal recolor as the villain. It would also tie in to the ending of Heroes. For the story, they should just take bits of Shadow and Silver's story and replace Sonic with Shadow and Metal with Mephiles. Maybe there's another villain besides Metal and the romance is Elise and the villain turned corrupted. I think you can even fix Elise resurrecting Sonic. Instead of a kiss, it would be transferring energy into Sonic. Elise almost dies, goes unconcious, Sonic gets angry and fights to save her. I think it was implied the kiss was an energy transfer when at the end she looked tired. Yet they played romantic music after it. Seriously out of all the romances you start to bring in a Sonic game, you chose the Final Fantasy human?

I heard rumors that Alex Hirsch is writing the next game. Or at least helping. He does well with mystery and tension, but I swear to god if the Sonic games start having those "I am so self-aware" humor I'm gonna screech.

What I meant was more obnoxious self aware jokes. Not jokes referencing Sonic mythos or like Twitter Sonic, but something like shouting "non-specific excuse" or Tumblr humor.

You know I think this is exactly what people mean when they said Sonic's story was getting too Serious.

What I did was try to have an explanation as to how Sonic's journey from mobius to earth could be explained. It's clear he has been to other planets. But the genesis games confirm that mobius was indeed the canon origin for him and his friends. It's hard to decipher when he made the switch because adventure fucked the canon up quite a bit (parts of Angel island being on earth etc) but overall it's safe to say he's been on other planets for years now earth, solaris, lost world, etc.

As far as Shadow's origin, I believe that Shadow was the first mobian to come to earth, captured and genetically engineered by Dr. Robotnik's grandfather, Gerald. At this same time Sonic and friends were still on mobius. Dr. Robotnik's grandfather could have left mobius years prior to conduct research on earth. However, there's a certain continuity in Sonic Adventure 1 that suggests the two worlds collided and that mobius was no more or had been replaced by earth.

However I could be completely wrong, Sonc Adventure COULD have been set entirely on mobius. It is already canon that mobius did infact have a human population although very small so it's hard to decipher.

I swear sorting through sonic canon is a headache in itself. But I think they really should go back to mobius because it's no doubt where it all began. Yes I did pick bits and pieces of the OVA for my story. That was Mecha Sonic in heroes, an entirely different creation than metal sonic. Think of it like this, Metal Sonic is the old failed model, Mecha Sonic is the new upgraded model. Both exist, both are different. Popular, canon dictates metal sonic was destroyed in the Sonic CD/OVA/Sonic R era(being an unlockable character in SA2 was merely a nod to his existence).

Mecha Sonic was the creation AFTER Metal Sonic, Dr. Eggman(robotnik's) magnum opus. What that doesn't explain is what happened to the old metal Sonic left on mobius in the "cloud" of robotnik's old robotropolis computer, it was meant to be an ever evolving AI. I assume at some point in time sonic and friends chased after robotnik (now calling himself eggman) when he came to earth ksearching for the ultimate life form (ergo chaos, shadow, biolizard.)

Meanwhile back on mobius things could have been explained better, so that's what I was trying to explore here.

In addition, is it also completely reasonable to believe with all of the dimensional travel, that mobius, earth, solaris, are all the same planet but in a different dimension. That would actually be a better explanation than space travel to connect the worlds, given that it was explored abit in Generations.

Oh thank god until I read this thread I thought I was the only one who hated how meta and ironically funny the series was getting. Like someone already said SA2 had the perfect tone. It might of been too serious and took itself too seriously, but at least it felt like the world was at risk if you didn't stop the eclipse cannon. Now all we have is "Ha ha I acknowledged this silly thing I said/did, isn't it stupid? Now laugh."

Agreed, today a chao garden would be 20$ DLC forcing you to pay 4.99$ for each new chao.

Now you have to post it.

That was atmospheric as fuck.

The music was incredible. I think SA2 had one of the best and most varied OST's of any Sanik game.

I miss when deadrat killed techno. Drum and base was a fucking thing at one time and it was glorious.

Fuck, meant I miss this shit and hate how shoahedkike ruined techno forever.
Should have grabbed some coffee, eh mark? :^)

I just miss the Adventure style of gameplay but thanks to Sonic 06 and a bunch of game reviewers who claim those games are broken because they suck, we'll probably never see it again. To date, those two games are still the closest Sonic team ever got to translating the 2D gameplay into 3D but let's ignore all that because sanic controls too slippery and I don't like Big the Cat. Now I'm not saying they were perfect by any means but they're in another league when compared to the rest of the 3D titles. I mean, it's not like Sonic got any easier to control. I personally find his movement to be a lot more slippery in Colours and Generations, than it is in the Adventure titles, not to mention a lot more floaty. Also what's with that stupid target reticle for the homing attack that popped up in later games? It's just kills all the momentum. Sure in the Adventure games you could occasionally kill yourself if you did the move too quick but at least you had complete control over it.

Sonic Mania looks alright but I have no interest in Project Sonic knowing that it's just going to end up being Generations 2.

love them so much

in the other hand… fucking mad space if i could just slap the nip that designed this.

Holy shit user.

The Japanese Sonic canon aka the canon the games actually follow is all that matters. because that's all that Sega is ever going to use.

The Comics are not canon, The Shows are not canon, The OVA is not canon, The Freedom Fighters are not Canon, The name Dr Robotnik has never been used in japan he has always been Dr Eggman over there. Everything has always taken place on Earth there is no Mobius in japan.
Soleanna is apart of Earth. Lost world and The Little Planet from Sonic CD are the only other Planets Sonic has been to.

There has only ever been 3 Sonic Robots. Mecha from sonic 3, Silver from Sonic 2, and Metal from CD to now.
Shadow's origin is 2nd Pic related

Don't try and make scene of the American canon because it stopped being Relevant as soon as Sonic Adventure came out. American Sonic Canon is a mess because it's all basically Fanfiction.

I know I hate the lock on they dumbed down the Homing attack with it. The game decides what your going to hit not you.

In webm related you could take the easier safer route, or you can take the more dangerous one for more points and a 1up.
with the Lock on Things like that are Impossible.

would you say sonic and the black Knight is worth emulating i skipped it because secret rings was a disappointment. but you actually use the analog stick to move in Black Knight so I might give it a shot.

Did he delete his thing? You still here user?

Finally. Every where I fucking go it seems like the new thing to do is hate on the Adventure games and claim The classics are perfection and the modern games and Boom (the show) are an improvement. Disgusting tbh.
Hopefully they'll go back to the old writing style with Project 2017, but honestly it seems as just unlikely as it doesn't.
They completely ruined the characterization and plot writing with 'Craig-Smith-Sonic and the American writers.
"Cool" characters were pretty much the one thing Sonic had for a long time that made it enjoyable at all, now that's gone and the games are still as hit-and-miss as ever.
I liked the Adventure games, but the direction they were taking things with the Storybook games and Unleashed's day-time stages was pretty rad. It's the total annihilation of decent plot and character writing that's the most tragic loss for me. Why do this?

Deleted to edit, lol. yeah I'm here. I haven't played Black Knight but I watched the story on YT a year back and was shocked by the massive difference in writing. Really brought me back. But the story is really good, the music is good (if you like generic rock). may as well give it a try if you like Sonic

I'm kind of desperate as a Shadow fan so I'll take any chance I can get to play as him even if in this case he's Sir Lancelot.

Give it 2 or 3 years and they'll start praising the Adventure games again. I remember until maybe 2014 those two were the golden standard for 3D Sonic games until contrarianism became popular.

As for the writing, after 2006 it seems like Sega gave up trying to write good plots and characters because of how badly everyone reacted to that game. Now if you say you want Sonic games to be more than just fast platforming you get mocked by a lot of the fanbase, who also seem to believe that the "I am so self-aware" humor/plots the new games have is a good step for the series. In short, it's because that is what the majority of the fanbase wants.

Oh shit they even got his motorcycle (@webm), that's a nice touch

Yeah I remember that as well. I still wonder how good Sonic '06 would have been for Adventure fans if it wasn't basically half finished. The story was actually decent. I feel like everything was there, it just wasn't brought to full potential. honestly deserves a remake.

Yeah the mod also replaces Shadow and Silver with the Shadow Androids from the Shadow game's multiplayer.

Cosmic Wall had the best level music.

It wasn't. It has a level in Generations and everything.

The only games that aren't canon are Boom. They're in same universe as the show. And Spinball might be SatAM universe (but even then, barely). Everything else fits.

Techncially the Tornado III is the one from Sonic Adventure 2, that transforms. It looks like the Tornado 2, but I'm pretty sure it says III on it somewhere. And the one from Shadow the Hedgehog I'm pretty sure is the Tornado IV.

Oh nevermind.

Naw that's obvious bullshit.

Except all that shit never had anything to do with the games or their stories, that's all spinoff shit.

Where is mobius ever referenced in the Genesis games? The only one that even references the Freedom Fighters is the Bonus Stage in Spinball. What is referenced in the Genesis games is the name Eggman, the Master Emerald, and in the manuals, the ancient civilization that abused the emeralds, and the gods that wiped them out. You'll notice that's the plot of Sonic Adventure. Sonic Adventure didn't fuck the canon, the western localizations did.

Angel Island crashed to Earth in S3&K and again in Adventure. In Adventure it happens to land close to where it was originally from, and we see other locations that were connected to the ancient civilization of Angel Island.

For the record, Knuckles Chaotix also happens on part of that landmass that broke off, only this time the gods sunk it into the sea instead of making it float in the sky. But the localization removed all that and just said "Eggman is up to no good on Carnival Island!" It didn't the Chaos Rings at all, either, even though the original manual explains they were what the echidnas used to harness the Chaos Energy.

The setting of Lost World isn't called Lost World, it's Lost Hex. And Solaris isn't even a location, it's the god of time, which was split into two halves, Iblis and Mephiles (light and darkness). Soleanna is the country that '06 takes place in. It's on Earth, and GUN has jurisdiction over it.

No. They specifically call him Metal Sonic. At the end of the game he loses his power and reverts to his normal form, the form from Sonic CD. Robo Sonic (from Sonic 2) and Mecha Sonic (from Sonic & Knuckles), who didn't have real names until Lego Dimensions, so I get if people call them different things, are different guys.

Sonic 4 shows that Metal Sonic was left in Stardust Speedway's Bad Future after his defeat, but when Little Planet came back the next year, Eggman rescued him and he got powered up with some weird mystical force. This explains how he's back in later games like Heroes and maybe Fighters. Not to mention he's seen in stasis in Sonic Adventure.

How can you even be trying to make other shit canon? The other continuities do so much that outright contradict key things that happen in the games.

It's what the majority of casuals who don't actually care about the series want. People who actually play the games know that Adventure 1 and 2 were great, and that even '06 had redeemable elements.

Hey wait a second those actually looked pretty cool

I think Heroes was the last game to do this. Don't know why they took risky extras out of Sonic I had fun with them. You could fly way in beyond the edge of a platform to get 100 rings and sometimes even a 1-up but you could also potentially run out of flight and fall.

The answer, as usual, is journalists and the casuals who follow them.

It has no more in common with both of the adventure games then Heros or Shadow does, or arguably even unleashed.

It lacks the gimmicks of Heroes and Shadow. Those gimmicks don't change the game as much as you'd think they do, but still, '06 was clearly an attempt to return to the core ideas of 3D Sonic without those gimmicks to set it apart. And then it wasn't finished.

Still, given that the gimmick of Heroes doesn't actually change the game that much, and Shadow changes it even less, and they came out first, then they still have better claims to being Sonic Adventure 3 and 4. And Unleashed is the actual third Sonic Adventure game, as far as the title goes. Plus it did Adventure Fields well.

epic post