Yeah, return of the Nemesis system!

Yeah, return of the Nemesis system!
… in a rehash of the first game, taking another extra-large shit on the Tolkien mythos.

Go behind enemy lines to forge your army, conquer Fortresses and dominate Mordor from within. Experience how the award winning Nemesis System creates unique personal stories with every enemy and follower, and confront the full power of the Dark Lord Sauron and his Ringwraiths in this epic new story of Middle-earth.

omg i hate nintendo now

With extra cherries on top -

What's with that nigger on goldberg edition cover?

No idea. It's not one of the Haradrim, cause we saw them both in the books and in the movies, and it's not a guy from Rhun either - not enough geographical separation for black dudes.

I've never even heard of this game before.

Because they just announced leaked it. Essentially, it looks like a sequel to Middle Earth : Shadow of Mordor.

NO PANDEMIC
NO BUY

So chances are he's there to add more (((diversity))) to the game? I thought orcs were there to represent african people and all.

Now you just sound dumb, cause even the movies took the time to mention they were corrupted elves.

That would imply they were human to begin with

they're a lot closer to base man than refined man corrupted

You can't prove they were not but at the same time you can tell that there is something clearly wrong with them. Even the spics do better due to Spaniard blood.

tg for pol derailing marketing threads

Talion is a nigger…

What was so "award winning" about it? When I saw and heard about it I didn't think it was amazing

Would be great if the nemesis system actually works this time

Does some tolkien-nerd figure which dragon they go on cover? I thought they were kinda rare in the setting by that era and didn't multiply.

When are we going to admit that this genre has always been trash?

oh boy I can't wait for the rushed botch-job PC port that runs at sub-30fps on a GTX1080 (and doesn't launch at all on AMD) and requires six different DRM service accounts to log into so that Denuvo doesn't call the FBI to come diddle me!

Fuck WB, who even cares about whatever garbage they're shitting out?

Its shit just like the first one
Fuck WB
Fuck NuMonolith

There are actually Boone faggots in the Fightan general hyped for Injustice 2.
I still remember the MKX debacle and the /svidya/ shilling and migration that followed.

Tolkien is a poor man's Wagner.
It's a bad joke how people act as though his works are something to be treated carefully and respect when it's all just one of yesteryear's dungeons & dragons that has mass-market appeal due to it's fanbase of hordes of stoned, Led Zeppelin fan, wannabe druids.

That should be a bannable offense tbh

Thats like saying Romeo and Juliet is just a generic love story you stupid fuck.
Thats like saying Half Life was just a run of the mill shooter you nigger.
Thats like saying Black Sabbath is too soft you dickhead.
Thats like saying Street Fighter 2 is a generic fighter you tranny fucker.

Tolkien was the OG and while its tropes and world is too heavily borrowed from in most works of western fantasy and has become mainstream, so much so thats its puke induncing most of the times, at the time it was written it was something completely new, unexplored waters and it was heavily influencial to literature to board games and later, digital formats.
You're just condicioned to it, its now part of pop culture and heavily referenced and as such stale and overused.

MKX was so shit I forgot it existed after playing all day with a friend.
Its as generic as they come, feels like I'm playing a bad Hollywood film which coincidentally is also a bad game.

Wagner had already done it before Tolkien had even been born.
On top of that, before Tolkien had started writing The Hobbit, other authors like Dunsany, Lovecraft and Robert E Howard had already formalized fantasy as a recognizable genre.
Tolkien was far from OG, and closer like third or fifth wave at the least.

I suspect Watch_Dogs 2/Tomb Raider 2013 syndrome: hype sold the first game but too many people got burnt and the second will flop.

There is like one person that shills injustice in the general who is most likely the same faggot who tries to shill SFV, the rest just talk about how shit the roster is and why western fighters look so ugly with no intention to buy/play the game.

The world isn't fair

I don't recall there ever being niggers in LOTR, I thought that's what the Uraki were supposed to be.

FUCKING KIKE COMPANIES NOT EVEN JEELLYWOOD WAS CUCKED TO THAT POINT, FUCK THIS GODDAMN INDUSTRY

That first pic reminds me of one of the minor things in the first game that stuck out to me as particularly retarded. In one of the cutscenes, the elf smith, california bimbo or whatever the fuck his name was, is shown striking something (which turned out to be the one ring) on his anvil. There are two things about this scene that were retarded. One, I don't give a shit how magical your jewelry is, you don't make a ring by smashing shit on an anvil. Two, isn't one of the properties of mithril that it's super lightweight? A lightweight hammer would be terrible for making anything.

It was used in things like armor because it was light but extremely strong. I don't think I would use it for smithing equipment though

Aren't Haradrim basically niggers anyway? They're nothing new.

I hope that they completely rehaul the gameplay to make it actually challenging and stop making everything look oily. Even though the original Nemesis system is basic as fuck, I beat the game because it's the only one I found that actually has a system like this besides S.T.A.L.K.E.R..

This is surely a marketer thread or you forgot to focus on the shit on tolkein mythos angle more than an offhanded comment.

The nemesis system sounded great at first, but the way it was implemented was garbage. It didn't reward you for playing well at all, and simply made it harder if you sucked (I'm susprised (((journalists))) didn't complain about how it was unfair).
Anyway, here's how to fix the nemesis system in one easy step:
When you kill an enemy captain, all enemy captains have a chance to become strong to the method you used to kill the previous captain. Explain it the other captains getting freaked out when they hear the rumours and shit, and so they take counter measures and get paranoid or whatever. There. You are now rewarded for playing well by having more interesting captain battles, and actually use the nemesis system if you're not a Polygon writer who can't even move and attack at the same time because they are literally functionally retarded.

Haradrin are sandniggers
Orcs are the fucking niggers

I liked Shadow of Mordor well enough, and feel like a sequel that'd smooth out the boring bits would make for a pretty entertaining game, but I don't think I'm really chomping at the bit for more of it.

I kind of hoped they'd take the nemesis system and apply it to a different setting, Lord of the Rings is not the proper universe to be putting this sort of tryhard edgy narrative into.

What are you talking about user, Lord of the Rings is totally the proper universe to play as the bad guy from Riddick

first game was boring repetitive shit with horrible combat and a super-annoying enemy immunity gimmick, this will be even worse

lol

They filed a software patent. No other company is allowed to use that mechanic for the next 15 years. Thank WB for that.

It's still insane to me that game mechanics can be patented, and that people still let it happen
If this happened with literally anything else that's similar people would fucking riot

I believe Gandalf mentions in the books that there are still some dragons around.

Tolkien gets props for founding the genre, but his work wasn't very good outside of the language development aspect. Same with George Romero; started off the zombie genre and paved the way for good zombie movies to come out, although he never made a good zombie movie himself.

He didn't. He was directly inspired by Dunsany's crazy ass shit.

Will i finally be able to play as superior Uruk Hai?

In classic tolkien tale Orks are inspired by German empire
Also when you look at the movie UrukHai weapons and armor design really reminds me of medieval german armor and weapons

Right, because nothing gets me more hyped to play a Lord of the Rings game than some faggot who looks like he listens to Linkin' Park's 'In the End' on loop. Talion was a dull as fuck protag, if we're stuck in Middle Earth, I'd like a more lively protagonist or at least one who is less of an edgy fag.

Enemy immunity was the only good thing about the game. It meant you could get an orc who you couldn't stab in the back four times after he stops looking for you to kill him.

The stuff I liked best about the nemesis system was manipulating your army behind the scenes, using them to take out tougher warchiefs and shit without having to get your own hands dirty. So much potential with the nemesis system, hampered by uninspired gameplay.

WB are massive fucking kikes so that doesn't surprise me.

There really haven't been any fantasy movies that have come out with the same quality as Lord of the Rings though. Plenty of books, yeah, but not movies.

really?

Into the trash it goes.

Perhaps none of them are quite as influential on the genre as a whole, but a lot of the bigger series' of fantasy novels are written a lot better in a more traditional sense. Tolkien's writing is actually quite dry and bogged down.

AYO HOL UP

Wouldn't expect anything less of filthy Holla Forumsermin scum acting as if they understand literature and comparing a mythological piece with pop fantasy.
This is why you're board is filled with shit.

Wait, how the FUCK did they manage to get the LOTR rights again? The Tolkien estate was pretty pissed off about the Hobit.

Shills fuck off

maybe they have a contract? and it hasnt expired yet

Warner bros is involved, they probably used some jewish magic

How the hell is this shilling? Hell, if this is their first pitch it should repulse you on its own demerits

Ah yes Hollywood lawyers.

SO U BE SAYIN
WE WUZ NUMENORIANS

shit, looks like WUZ is a main character. That's annoying.

Okay my understanding of Tolkien's stories is minimal at best, I had to read The Hobbit in grade school and I caught the Tail end of the last LOTR movie on cable once, so I can't really speak on the canon relevance of the story in this game but from my own experience, its not well written in the slightest, maybe that's just because I don't like LOTR in general, but I could not get over how mind-numbingly boring the plot of SOM was, holy shit it was a slog. Fantasy British Troy Baker may as well have just spewed non-sequitors the whole game, I didn't understand or give a shit about anything in the story.

All of that said the gameplay was alright, nemesis system was cool, but the game suffered from being way too easy, at a certain point it was rare to be caught off guard and lose to an orc because of how easy it was to counter and subdue enemies. That aside I think there's something strange about a gameplay system that in a way rewards failure, getting killed by an orc nets you a stronger and unique orc captain to fight, also allowing for infinite random boss fights, and logically, I guess that would make sense, kill an annoying faggot and get a promotion, but gameplay wise it's really sort of nonsensical, you lose, now you have to fight the thing that killed you and it's even stronger? I know later on you get that mind control spell that essentially lets you wage a proxy war with your mind controlled orc captain, but I feel like that should have been the main focus to begin with, mindcontrolling an orc and helping him rise through the ranks for your own purposes

The hobbit was a story tolkien wrote for his kids and he got persuaded to release it, I dont know what the fuck the rest of your post is about though

It's even worse if you do like Tolkien. It's mind-numbingly boring and violently rapes the lore.

TT
DoS
FotR
Hobbit 1
BoFA
RotK

Lemme TL;DR for you since you're illiterate user:

That system always made me laugh. It only shows up if you suck at the game and keep dying to the same guy. And the game is the easiest pile of shit out there.

Tolkien estate sold worldwide rights (for physical items, ie books and figurines and whatnot) to LoTR and Hobbit as a package to United Artists then they sold it to Saul Zaentz's Middle Earth Enterprises. The contract doesn't expire from what I can see, and Middle Earth Enterprises is the one selling contracts off. They don't care about the Tolkien estate, see below

Top jewery. Literally.

Black Numenoreans nigguh, kangs n shiet nigguh

SoM shat all over established canon, it's pretty much self-insert sonic fanfiction levels of bad.
The first film was a solid adaptation of the books (cutting what had to be cut for watchability) while the second and third strayed a bit more from their themes but are still great. Frankly I don't think they could have been more faithful, LotR as written is more or less unfilmable.

Even the steam forums are shitting on the nigger. It takes a lot for them to stop sucking publisher cock.

Tolkkien was pretty racist thou

Same with the youtube comments. There's no way they are going to remove the character, my guess is they'll either ignore the criticism or try and turn it into a Ghostbusters thing

WE WUZ RANGZ AND SHEEEIT!

i personally want to kill every single faggot that paid for DLC and online in the beginning for all this shit to happen now.

Didn't you know? They wuz rangz, nigga!

WE WUZ GONDOR

Actually if a few orcs run away from you the nemesis system activates as well, I fought the same faggot that used to be a guard to one of the first warlords you kill like 5 times because the game counts him as "getting away" even if you drop him from bridges or chasms.

what's the problem ? just crack it .
thats the reflex you should have when they announce so many paid DLC² before even releasing the game

²meaning: unlike battlefleet gothic where they gave their DLC for free for thoses who bought the game at lunch (day one or within the 1st month.)
aka: "we wanted to put it in but lack time."

Anyone have the WebM of that guy spamming space bar making him dodge everything even with his monitor turned off?

That better not be in the new game.

So uz Orkz are negro Jews n waaaaaagggghhhhh

What the fuck even is the nemesis system?

The enemies become your enemies even more?

Nemesis randomly assigned you some named mobs as enemies, giving them extra abilities like better parry or resistance to some shit, if you get killed by one it lvls up and hunts you down in the map, the concept is nice but on overall the game's flatbread difficulty ruins it.

Simply put, Resident Evil 3 Nemesis did it better.

This makes me so fucking mad.

Fucking Token Niggers in LOTR.
WHY? LOTR has niggers laready why does it need tokne niggers in fucking people obviously based on Anglo Saxons.
Im not even an anglo but even i accept that. LOTR is a world that was built to autistic degrees and there is no fucking reason for this American "Muh diversity" bullshit. No there are no Nigger Rohrim there are no nigger people from gondor there are no nigger elves and there are no nigger orcs.

No Orcs are Germans, which is why they at least get shit done.

And apart from the Niggers

is this a thing? Im not a big LOTR Nerd but isnt this probably the biggest sacrelige in the entire setting? Just making a new ring willy nilly?

Thank god it's a trainwreck

Don't you mean Tolkien niggers :^)

No he wasn't.

So I guess he's supposed to be a Southron?

I could never get into the first game for some reason, I usually get a few hours even out of a bad game but i couldn´t feel this one, Im not sure what the game is lacking but it was so boring

He's just an haradrim r-right?

No he is a Numenorian, obviously. Because we wuz kangs.

I am now glad I skipped that fucking Warcraft movie

muh diversity

my fetish is when smug millennials casually insult the people who pioneered their jobs and then crash and fail miserably while doing them. Warcraft was a great movie in that regard.

funny how you gotta have that kind of fetish to be abble to say this

This game should just jump into the volcano and kill itself

Orcs were based on Asians.

No Orcs are germans. Mordor is a representation of Germany, even geographically (except the north sea is in the south).

Easterlings are Asians (well a mix of Mongols and Persian).

Guys what's the problem? We're all Children of Illuvatar.

Personally I'd be more interested in a game that lets you place as one of the human servants of Sauron during the War of the Ring. Like an officer of the Easterlings or Haradrim. Then when Sauron is destroyed is when the game gets hard, you have to rally your troops and go back home, or take over Mordor for yourself.

It could easily work from any perspective really. There's a lot that was happening around Middle Earth during the War of the Ring outside of Gondor/Rohan. But the basic concept would be start as a grunt and move up in the ranks.

Tolkien didn't "found" anything. He didn't even create the things that his shekel grubbing grandchildren treat as his property. Ork, Hobbit, Elf, Balrog .. these things all existed in legends and folklore for over 1000 years before Tolkien was even an itch in his daddy's crotch. Giant spiders have always been a fear of mankind. He literally wrote the fucking genesis of the bible and people act like he was a creative genius for writing about a heavenly body creating the world, and then one specific angel being cast down to suffer in perdition. Oh wait, someone wrote that story over 1500 years ago…

Tolkien created nothing. He didn't found the genre, he didn't create anything of significant creative base, all he did was copy contemporary fiction and put it all into his little book, and people act like he did something amazing. If it weren't for the shitdicks who obsess over Tolkien who decided to pour billions of dollars into creating a franchise out of literary diarrhea no one would even know who the old faggot was.

You know who was writing fantasy fiction before Tolkien? H.P. Lovecraft, Rober E Howard (Conan), Robert Heinlein, Robert Bloch. And before them? Lord Dunsany, Poe, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Before them? Geoffrey of Monmouth, that was the 12th century. And before even him? Homer, you know, the guy who wrote the fucking Odyssey. The men who wrote the tales of Hercules, Perseus, Icarus…

Fantasy fiction has existed for a very long time, Tolkien didn't invent anything. All he did was stand on a hilltop and say "AREN'T I SO CREATIVE FOR BLENDING CONTEMPORARY FICTION AND WORLD WAR II?" and faggots bought it.

Just goes to prove that MK1-3 is pure gold and anything past it might as well be the vidya equivalent of Straight to VHS.

he standardize elfe &co.
in folklore elf are NO WAY NEAR what you see in modern fanrtasy stuff
what you see in modern fantasy stuff is inspired by Tolkien.

SPACE BAR

Filthy christcuck luddite can't do anything right. Anyone have that political comic with a bunch of old British WW2 veterans screeching about Huns while being surrounded by Pajeets and niggers?

Fucking hell. Nothing is sacred anymore.

You mean he masturbated out his race of Mary Sues?

ME already has niggers in it but they don't get much focus because, much like in the real world, no one gives a shit what niggers are doing.

Did you never see Peter Jackson's movies?

nobody cares but autists

You cared enough to bump the thread.

I don't think it's appropriate to compare the two, Tolkien is a lesser Wagner in many ways but what Wagner was doing and why he was doing it is different from Tolkien's method and reason. Wagner was still very much in the classical tradition of story-telling where Tolkien was very, very modern in his style and technique - Wagner is to Tolkien what Virgil is to Milton, you don't disregard Paradise Lost because the Aeneid or even the Odyssey exist.

This is accurate though.

So it's PS4 only? I'd really like it if it was coming to pc to give it a whirl. The first one I liked but was ultimately ruined since it was piss easy and the story mission bosses sucked ass. I want to try it to see if they learned their mistakes and made a better version now. If it's Ps4 only there's no way I'm paying 400 dollaroos to get a new console and then 60$ for the full game just to get the same shit as the last game.