Are there any /out/ tier games that let you hunt and survive in the wilderness that arent minecraft or generic zombie...

Are there any /out/ tier games that let you hunt and survive in the wilderness that arent minecraft or generic zombie survival games?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/v/res/12019104.html
sonsoflibertyinternational.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

far cry 3 bro

I know it's bait but still.

At least you didn't say Primal.

Haven and Hearth but it's less about survival than it is about homesteading and fending off Russian and Chinese hordes.

The Long Dark is pretty nice imo

It was bait, but I really did like the game. I'm probably a dude bro.

It's a shame that indepth gameplay and good storyline/ cinematics rarely overlap.

There's "The Hunter" if you like paying for DLC.

Just find mods for survival shit in Morrowind or Skyrim.

cabelas big game pro hunter

hunting unlimited 2008

not surivival tier but still the only enjoyable hunting games (unlimited is better imo)

i tried killing a village off the bat once
managed 3 before i was killed, but not without a fight.
who knew women and children could put up a fight

also, >>>/namibia/ game when

I was really hoping that The Forest would have filled that gap, but then it just became another shitty "craft and survive" with zombie-likes. The Long Dark does a pretty good job, and it's really the only one I can think of.

That doesn't work for what OP's looking for.

Don't try to rebait off failed bait user. It just shows desperation.

/nambia/'s dead user. Accept it.

Never played it but Miasmata had this nice map feature of triangulating. Don't know what happened to the game though, never heard anything about it again.
It's a video with some 159 views and I don't webm so don't get triggered.

Yes something like this I already played miasmata but it felt like it was missing something

Didn't some /k/omands try to buy a pice of land in Africa and open a mercenary agency? I think that they wanted to name it OuterHeaven

Heavily modded ARK, but, you know, dinosaurs and shit instead of zombies.

Terraria, although it lacks a hunger mechanic, but it makes you feel stranded while you explore. Play on hard but in the one that doesn't make you lose your shit.
Don't starve is self teching stuff.
And Rust, I guess.

Fallout 3, probably with mods.
Fallout NV, with a bit less mods.
Fallout 4 unmodded

Looks boring.

Baitpost.

/thread

is that guy wearing assless pants?

What ever happened to the Conan server? i logged in this morning but just tried again and its not on the server list.

Otzi style leggings, not pants. Quit scoping neolithic man ass, user.

Early Access and barely gets updates. Fun for a week i suppose.

haven & hearth and unreal world

There's the Dust mod for New Vegas, but most of the time you'll be scrounging, while occasionally bagging a tunneler or some dogs. There's a bizzare lack of mods that add new animals or real hunting to the game, and a total lack of uses for the hides you get from dogs, coyotes and the such.

Unreal World.

Pic related is all I can think of to fill your niche. The "open world survival crafting" genre is and always will be shit.

So how'd that go?

No, fuck you, Leatherman.

People of the ancient age must've been hung like toddlers.

It was fucking cold back then so I don't think that was a problem.

Most people have balls, plural. That's why you must be afraid to let people see it.

Primal's not that bad, just repetitive.

I'm not falling for this shit.

I was told by a friend that the game was great on the survival difficulty. Is that true?

the forest quickly, and i mean almost immediately, runs out of shit to do. it's less about surviving outside and more about surviving and eventually beating the natives. the long dark is a lot of fun for awhile; hunting, warmth and fire are absolutely critical, moreso than any other survival games i've played.

neo scavenger is pretty fun too, especially since it's not the standard omg zombies garbage most people associate the apocalypse with. i especially liked how almost every skill is valuable (botany 4 lyfe) and you can choose to find civilization, or to fortify a camp with comforts and safety and become king of the wasteland, or a mix of the two

Last time I played the game this was not the case, since you can't actually find your son and the natives respawn infinitely no matter how many you kill

the focus is more on fighting and being able to withstand the natives than it is about wilderness survival, is what i meant by my post

The Hunter call of the wild. I suggest you pirate it since the direction it's gonna be going but the world is fucking huge and has neat technology moments and by that I mean you and the animals can leave trails when you go through grass or fields, I found that kinda of neat.

No. Even on hardest without using hunter vision, owl uav, and pets/mounts it's still too fucking easy.

Man, the old cabelas hunting games were actually pretty good for having to track, stay quiet, avoid leaving your scent, etc.

Then they went more and more towards predator attacks and finally went full retard. It's a shame. But I guess average play wants a bear attack not just quietly stalking and hunting a buck you selected the first day over three days.

Stranded 2. If anyone remembers that game. Was fun.

My buddy is playing pic related. Not my cup of tea, but he's a big fan of Conan. The glaring downsides are that it's early access trash and it seems to have performance and connection problems. From what I can tell is that it has a liberal tits/dick size slider that always makes it fun to run around naked.

Enjoy your denuvo malware.

Found something called stranded deep it looks interesting but seems like it'll be like the forest anyone know if the game is good?

It's in development hell last I heard from it. Typical early access failure.

What's this "direction" your crystal ball speaks of o wise one?

there was a Holla Forums pirate server last week.

8ch.net/v/res/12019104.html

The long dark is good for a unity game, i would never buy it full price though, not worth it. some of the mechanics are retarded but one day there will probably be community mod support so you can add whatever the fuck you want.

dayz standalone gets better every update, its ironically probably the most polished survival game. But no matter how much the devs want the game to be player vs environment it will always be a pvp squad based game. and again alot of the mechanics make no sense

I wonder whether Robert E Howard had the slightest notion that his works would be so immortal. Pretty great impact for a guy who an heroed at 30 when his oneitis rejected him and his tendie supply ran out.

That shit's still getting updated? And you say it's getting better? I call bullshit.

I watched a let's play of the long dark and completely lost interest in it after 20 minutes. Is the game more interesting than it looks?

There is any way to play Dayz just as a survival game without getting faggots everywhere?

Far Cry 3 was the best in the series

I want the new The Hunter engine combined with The Forest and Farm Simulator

Have there been any games that have a crafting system more interesting and complex than "mash object A into object B"? Atelier, despite being the polar opposite to a survival game, is about the only series I know of that's actively tries to make crafting interesting.

I haven't finished it but what I played of it I loved it immensely.
Your character's movement is constantly bound by momentum, so if you run down a hill you'll fucking tumble down it and get worse health wise. You have a plague-like disease so the lack of agility makes sense.
The world is very mysterious and just navigating and finding little bits of information is very satisfying.

It's also made by two guys so the graphics aren't amazing but I'd say it's a good looking game. It has some nice skyboxes as well.

Visually, it always reminded me of some poorly-modded variant of Oblivion.

I can see that. It definitely has some original stuff though. The cartography is something I'd like to see other devs rip off.

The biggest problem is that all these games with a "survival mode" don't know shit about survival. Like the rule of 3s

So what ends up happening is you get stuck in this obnoxious rut of constantly filling meters and scrambling to cobble together torches, rip the raw flesh out of anything that moves every few hours, and guzzling anything wet, and then night falls and you need to constantly make torches and campfires that burn out in minutes because their version of nighttime is an inky cosmic abyss that no light can exist in and where your eyes never adjust.

"But they have an adjusted timescale!" you might think.. Except everything else is still at "realistic" levels.. Like movement, stamina, craftig in some cases.. So in this adjusted timescale where daylight hours last about 20 minutes, it takes about an hour of in game time for my character to lean down and gather a handful of berries by waiting for the gathering meter to fill, just so I can have a food item that increase his food meter by a sliver.

It's all fucking ridiculous and makes it so it's never a satisfying survival experience, but rather a constant act of tediously spinning plates, where you use your brief moments of freedom to throw together a shack or something, just so you have a place to store the 50 axes and pickaxes you need to gather the wildly exaggerated number of crafting materials needed for the most basic shit.

Why don't you offer your input on how to make it interesting.

If you don't have to eat for 3 ingame weeks, it's not even survival anymore and you'll lose interest before you finish the game.

unreal world and the long dark

Didn't they remove Denuvo?

No they accidentally released a version without the denuvo in it.

Unreal World, easily. It's THE survival game before the genre became a shitty hype.

The rule of 3s stuff is more of an example, because often in these games when you go without food for 15 minutes, your character starts dying immediately. Health bar starts dropping and eventually your character dies and has to respawn. In fact, if you can abuse the death system, it's often easier than gathering food. Just simply die and go pick up your stuff and continue what you were doing.

The first step towards making these games less terrible is to adjust them so you're not constantly monitoring meters. It's not great to go without food, but you don't shrivel up and die if you skip a meal. If anything, the longer you go in a survival situation, the more your stomach shrinks and the more efficient your body can become. A handful of nuts and berries could keep you going all day.

Likewise, tools and other implements don't shatter into dust if you use them for too long. If it's a survival game, the goal is to establish a baseline of minimum comfort to avoid dying, not to trap yourself in a cycle of constantly trying to scrap together food and tools so you can be a giant dick-fort.

Survival is that though:find food, clean water, a place, etc. It's meant to be repetitive even if there is really a lack of shit to do or craft or usually stops at the most basic shit as you said.
The only way i can think to make it more challenging and varied is or to add shit to discover, or enemies like zombies or whatever there is in The Forest, or a lack of materials that forces you to move constantly with crafting/survival changing based on where you go.

Comfiest game ever. Too bad you feel like a mongol afterwards.

But so what would you be doing with your time in the game then, if you need to snack on a couple of berries and you'll be good for the day and tools only need to be obtained once?

I get it that survival games overdo those things, but that's because it's the thing you do in the game. If you take them away, what's left?

Wouldn't say better, just slowly replacing their shit engine. They fixed the trash frame rate and audio, working on replacing the player controller or some shit now. The gameplay it self has been the same for a while. Probably only getting worked on still so Bohemia has new shit for Arma.

Hunt large and dangerous animals, get more and more advanced tools, or maybe make an actual fucking game and have some sort of NPC faction or something to trade or conquer or something. Your game doesn't need to be fucking stupid if you think about it for more than five seconds.

Well, when a lot of these companies make "survival" games, what they actually mean to make are online sandbox/cooperative base-building/griefing/fucking around games.. and there are far better ways they could be doing that. All the "survival" elements simply muddle and complicate things by turning the game into a tedious chore. People put in hundreds of hours into these games and it hardly seems worth it when you realize a majority of those hours were wasted by bad game design.

Like ARK, for example.. You spend literal hours punching and taming dinosaurs, but by the time you have the skills necessary to tame the really big, useful dinos, AND you have the recipe to make a saddle for them, you are so fucking strong and you have a solid iron fortress built on a raft that is wholly self-sufficient and effectively indestructible. Why do you need to tame these things, besides for the act of saying you did it?

A proper survival game would be based around gathering food and water, but it would also be about dealing with weather, with animals, clearing paths, exploring the area, learning to read the clouds and navigate by using the position of the sun, gathering materials to skin, rack up, and tan the hides of creatures you've killed, preserve their meat, and use their bones.

The irony here is that a proper survival game would be drastically more complicated and filled with more fiddly inventory management and tedious tasks, but it would also be less about filling meters and youtuber-bait moments where raptors or zombies sneak up on you.

Skinwalkers

Wish I never heard of this myth.

Post pics faggot.

I said pics not stories. Good reads though. Still their likely not real if nobody can seen to get a photo of the fucks.

Fam, obviously skinwalkers aren't real, let's not pretend we don't know that. But it's fun to read stories about spooky things going in in the woods and pretend.

Are you for fucking real

Spoken like a true skinwalker

Your flesh will be mine.

I'm only being genuine and not meming around because I'm actually camping there soon is all.

About what? Thinking they aren't real? It's the internet fam.

of course it went nowhere. if you want be merc in africa there is always sonsoflibertyinternational.com/

CDDA has an option to play without zombies, choosing that and the wilderness shelter might scratch your itch.

Well, cavemen didn't draw things for artistic purposes, they drew to keep records of time as they hadn't invented writing yet.

For honestly asking for proof if this fictional monster is real and clearly giving this skinwalker shit an honest thought instead of instantly discarding it as the fairytale it is.

Capped, and very well put. Here's to hoping 8ch can AGDG a real survival game.

You can even set cities to be tiny so its almost all wilderness.

DLC, focus on multiplayer, and perk points

i would love to make a more realistic survival game, but right now im already making a comfy farm sim

Wurm fits the bill exactly.

Just started playing three days ago, it's really good. feels like your just out in the wilderness. wide range of skills, nice learning curve, quality gameplay. 8/10 game, easily.

Whenever this topic comes up I feel like there's not enough time in my life

You're already dead.

disturbing

moar

What exactly are skinwalkers? By the name of it I would half humans that walk in the skin of their victims? In reality it could be drug addicts that turned into savages in the wild.

>>>/kind/26213
Currently reading through this, has some nice stories. Also search /k/, their mega thread may still be up somewhere.

I wish I had more. Most stories like that are fucking dogshit, those are the only non-retarded skinwalker stories I could find.

They're just a myth. The term originally comes from a Navajo legend, to describe a kind of witch who can turn into an animal. On the Internet, places like /x/ and /k/, it's used to mean something slightly different: a cryptid animal that hunts humans, is very intelligent (though not as intelligent as a human), and is very good at imitating the way they sound and/or appear. Usually they're depicted as being bipedal and lanky, which accounts for people confusing them for humans at first glance.

Ancient Indian spirits or indian shamans

I don't know how anyone can still go alone in the wild after reading those, especially in USA with all the wilderness/drugs/indians

Try to find a logical explanation to it. It's drug addicts that do their own shit in the wilderness. After they take a drug, when they are hungry they hunt for food. First they would go for the backpack of the camper, but if they took a bigger dose, they will attack the camper and eat him. From there on.. the legend is born.

I do it. The woods don't scare me IRL, though bears do.
Skinwalker creepypasta is good for psyching yourself into a spookfest alone at night. But I don't ever really think about it when I'm actually out camping or hiking–too distracted by having actual shit to do, or having fun with my friends.
Why? These stories are all made up.

You can get a pretty good wilderness survival deal going in Cataclysm:DDA.

Neo Scavenger is also pretty good. I wish you could do more with camps vis a vis making them more camouflaged, building sweet tents out of hides etc, but it's still pretty good. It's also not one of those games where you need water and food every five seconds; you can go i think a couple of days before dying of thirst and quite some time before hunger has a negative effect on you

Thinking more about the 2nd one with the voice of the child. It could be what happened first. Drug addict in dessert goes with his kid. It's night, they don't know the area, the kid falls between the rocks. Dies there. Drug addict so fucked by it, does overdose. During that, he eats the child and cuts his skin to wear him as a way for the kid to survive forever. After realizing what happened, no turning back, now he's a skinwalker.

Where do you go at night? It must be wilderness, not your local woods from where you can see the town lights. At you must be alone.

The skinwalkers will hunt you.

Thought it was shit at first, and stupid. But it's one of the few games in 10 years that gave me this emptiness feeling. That game is fucking sad and depressing. Stopped playing it. Same as STALKER.

If someone fucks with me–bear, human, or skinwalker–I've got my PTR-91 to keep me safe.

I don't fucking even.

It must be tough living with autism

That's just silly.

t. skinwalker

Used to get spooked in the woods when I was a kid thinking there was some forest spirit that would fuck me up for damaging too many plants and branches.

That's not mine, just a pic from the Internet. I'm not dumb enough to post photos of my actual guns where the Feds will see them.

There is a part in Dante's Inferno (the book) about that

Do you post in /agdg/? Progress?

Same. I want to do 2d art, 3d art, programming, game design, music, etc etc…and then I get overwhelmed and do nothing.

What? Before he descended?

After about sinner who becomes tree

This.

It's been updated and I saw a video of the ending, not a very surprising ending but basically you find items in caves all over the island that lead you to a locked door in one of the caves. After opening it you find a hallway for a facility that is fully painted red. You learn that the tribals and the mutants were test subjects that escaped this facility. Eventually, you find your son dead in "the artifact", this machine is used to bring people back to life but needs a live child to run it. Then you kill the very weak final boss. Following this, you go up an elevator and turn on a laser beam which shoots down a plane. Six months later you and your son are on a talk show and then your son spazes out and the audience and you turn into tribals.

They're real bro, but don't worry, just watch this video and you should stay safe from skin walker, remember, knowing is half the battle.

Consider making a modification for a game.

There was a old survival game where you crash on an Island and you have a bird's eye view of your survivors. I wish I knew wtf it was called.

I've never liked the whole "impersonating your friend" idea. It's too out there. Good creepypasta should be just plausible enough that you can suspend your disbelief. I could buy into the idea of an unknown, smart, mimicking bipedal animal that hunts humans–at least for the duration of a story. I can't buy into the idea that there's something out there that can perfectly transform its appearance, skin, face, etc., to match a human. That's why the skinwalker stories I posted are, in my view, the only decent ones I've come across. They leave enough to the imagination, enough ambiguity, that they hover on the edge of plausibility.

Tangential to the thread, is there any way to make ARK enjoyable or at least tolerable gameplay wise? I've been craving some kind of survivalist busywork game that's neither too easy nor too hideously grindy, with ARK falling firmly into the latter, but I don't see any other potential options at the moment beside Conan, which I'm waiting on for it to flesh out before buying into, and I have a retail copy from prior retardation that I'm sitting on. I already know I'm a fuckwit for impulse buying, bully is redundant, I had an itch at the time and regretted it shortly after. Might as well give it another go.

Once you tweak the setting sliders to not have unfeasibly long work times & XP rates and conversely minutes-short spoil times, is it worth bothering with, or is it lifeless fake simulism with no real ecosystem all the way down? Would going online help the matter or would it be pointless? It looks like the general trend is towards closely spaced neighborhoods of squared off Rust autism fortresses in cold war and spiteful offline base razing otherwise. I somehow doubt that making an unassuming cabin & surrounding property on the edge of the northwestern temperate & snow biomes will do anything to make me less of a target, regardless of how little I could actually store for autists to steal in the first place.

I just want to collect a couple doggos and maybe a bird & hunt weird game with a falling block rifle. How long will it take for superautists or boredom to ruin that? And how horrible is this recent update that turns the game into a really shitty & grindy episode of Dino Riders?

I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm asking if it's real because, as incredibly unlikely as it is. It's still plausible. You'd probably be doing the same thing as well if you were camping there fag.

lmao people still fall for this forced Quentin wannabe?

some dank ass truthseekers
I'm a Holla Forums guy and I'm actually pissed that THE REAL AND HONEST truthseeker disappeared and the current legacy is just shitposters donning the trip and mocking him(although this was funny also)

Is that a FAL?

But why? I would actually recommend Fallout 4 but only as long at it is very heavily modded.

The only two you really need though are FROST and anything that lets you save the game. FROST removes all quests/NPCs from the world and makes you take radiation damage outside unless you wear a gas mask. There's another mod that adds in filters you need to replace like in Metro 2033 which is good too. Also the no healing on sleep/level up mod is important too (FROST already removes food/water healing and makes it very difficult to remove radiation).

Well put. Some sneaky creature that imitates human voices is believable, a shapeshifter isn't.

I wouldn't worry about it

Is there a mod that adds weapon and armour durability yet?

Last I checked there is one that technically works but not very well. Everything has the same amount of durability and it is automatically refilled when you use a workbench. He did get jamming and accuracy penalties working though (apparently jamming was a scrapped feature already implemented).

Drud addicts would be the least likely to survive in the wild.

Too bad all the mods suck and do nothing to improve the game over a year later.