"#ResistJam's discord is full of racist liberals to nobody's surprise" edition

Resources
>>>/agdg/
>>>/vm/

LETS PARTICIPATE IN A GAMEJAM
previous thread
a thread in which Holla Forums laughs at #ResistJam's discord

itch.io/jam/resistjam

Another user wanted to host an InfinityJam with a discord, post the link here please

Other urls found in this thread:

disc
docs.google.com/forms/d/1PK86qVc8ECr-gXDS-KZEQ0BgO33gipi6VORH8Qcy3aI/edit/
my.mixtape.moe/mqwqmf.mp3
dis
blend4web.com/en/community/article/131/
blendernpr.org/lets-talk-about-normals/
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6a71f45d.aspx
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x53a06bb.aspx
3dgep.com/understanding-quaternions/
qjohnnyp.itch.io/beelzebox
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1laio2k4HufTzlobzI0am91dGM
itch.io/jam/1-room-rpg-jam/entries
live2d.com/en/products/euclid
docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Programming/UnrealArchitecture/SmartPointerLibrary/
unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/scripting/destroy
docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Vector3.SmoothDamp.html
docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Vector3.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

im doing it guys
i got this

Yeah but you could also just kill yourself. Much easier

disc ord.gg/xUDGKUq for Infinity Jam discord. docs.google.com/forms/d/1PK86qVc8ECr-gXDS-KZEQ0BgO33gipi6VORH8Qcy3aI/edit/ for voting for theme

It's always easier OP.

what about a game where you murder white males
but in the end it turns out they were black women all along

Why would black women be pretending to be white men?

it's, like, a nazi drug the protagonist got injected with or something

Because they aren't CIS you shitlord

Reposting my edit.

my.mixtape.moe/mqwqmf.mp3

Hey everybody come on down to dis cord.gg/xUDGKUq if you're actually interested in making a game. Invite everyone you know!

ハ,,ハ     ( ゚ω゚ )  no thank you    /    \  ((⊂  )   ノ\つ))     (_⌒ヽ      ヽ ヘ } ε≡Ξ ノノ `J

Is it posible to use live2d inside the unreal engine?

Are you dancing around a lava lamp, an options button and two testicles?

Why the fuck would you want to do that?

you are a thieving nigger

I dont mind though

what did I miss?

oh shit I'm sorry
make me some music already

I would be more interested if it wasn't for discord and google docs.

wait is this discord for Holla Forums or numbnuts liberal?

Pretty sure it's the fag getting butthurt about Holla Forums in the resistjam discord thread.

I assume it's a reaction to the liberal one.

it barely feels like 8ch and tbh a bit faggy, not to mention the progress is slower than here

Basic structure of the Floor 2 is done

Upper tavern + 2 rooms

Bleh. It's a work in progress.

Use some modifiers before I decide to knife you faggot.

I'm sure you're aware, but the exterior of your building is important too. Make sure the outer walls aren't completely flat on one plane and break them up with other structures.

don't make the room too big user, else it will feels empty, better a small tavern but lots of object inside

just make the objects 2x the size lmao dude

They wanted to sneak out into the White Men, inc headquarters.

Wow looks bretty good user.

Hello Again, MoM user here, with another weapon showcase; This infact being the last of the Gun Weapons. Its been 6 weeks since I started this series, so I hope you enjoyed seeing all the weapons thus far.

Next Week I will be showcasing Monsters, and then the Week after, I will be starting with the Class Showcase. As Per Usual, I am always happy to answer any questions!

octi tell your boi to keep posting more lewd art on his tumblr

He's working on it!
P-Please no Bully

The exterior will be a whole new object, so i don't have to render any of it while the character is inside, also all floors are split into different objects since the game view is top-down

i used some mirror ones, but already applied them

i have plans for props and shit for the big area, i don't think i can make it any smaller

Third floor today, im also going to add these cool bridges to other buildings

:^)

Why do You write Capital letters in Front of Random words?

it's like you never heard of Aesthetic before

It's called CamelCase programmer-speak disease. It's where you capitalize words of importance in a sentence.

The gun I am making right now is a Dispersion energy based weapon with low-moderate firepower and it's energy source has the capabilities of charging on its own due to odd behaving energy crystals inside the ammunition cylinder. Which can act as a emergency weapon if the main ammo for the Cannon is running out or whatever.

I am a bit conflicted where I should model the Machine Gun into it either on top of the gun or at the right side. Might be as a additional starting weapon or a buyable one instead hmm, it might also mess up with the supply smoke grenade balance a bit.

its taking shape, this will be the guest rooms floor, i think i can make 3 decent rooms out of the empty area

ded tred

Not really in response to you, but I thought it might be nice to hit all the wikipedia articles for countries, as well as the US's states and major cities to make a little bit of demographics database as a resource for making randomly generates people. Anyone might want that?

any idea why my shit looks so fucked when exporting to Unreal?

sorry, not directed to you.

maybe its the lighting?

Could be. Need a way to fix it though.

Maybe the normals? Although fixing normal in Blender requires a third party plugin.

What am I looking for in that case?

Fund it niggers.

Ok finished the base of the third floor, tomorrow i will make the bridges

Turn off the texture and look at the model from different angles, make sure that the shading is consistent with what you want. You can also go into edit mode and in the mesh display there are some tools for displaying which direction the normals are facing. This is the third party tool I was talking about.

blend4web.com/en/community/article/131/

The page shows pic related. If you look at the closer pair of glasses around the hinge you can see how the way the light interacts with the metal doesn't quite work the way it's suppose to when compared to the hinges on the further pair. That's because the normals are just what blender automatically generated, which are OK most of the time (the majority of the glasses looks just fine) but can occasionally don't do what you want them to do.
There are other ways to edit the normals using the built in Normal Edit and Data Transfer modifiers, but they can be somewhat wonky for fine work. They could work for you though.
This page also talks about what normals are and what they do in Blender.

blendernpr.org/lets-talk-about-normals/

I'm not 100% sure if this is actually what is causing your problem, but it might be a culprit.

some high-quality #ResistJam tips for making subversive games

Oh god.

I can't even continue watching, I'm laughing too hard.

Even a lot of tumblr/twitter accounts do this

I think it's the equivalent of a liberal business card

Fake News with Fake Views

Most of the faggot's "game design" tips are focused on the story and none of the examples he cites look like interesting games. People talk about moving gaming forward as a medium but these faggots are digging an early grave for it.
The only worthwhile part is his blub at the end where he tries distinguishing his games from propaganda, but the very format of his argument is propaganda itself.

Tweaked more of my gunshooty. Tempted to haul this into something in two weeks for the gamejam.

Actions speak louder than words. Let's take a look at what he did so far.

Just how has it gone so wrong?

bretty good game user, it's rare for a game to have a fast paced gameplay like this these days.

How did it go so right?

Trips confirm. Never in history was it this easy, to recognize and identify people who should be aborted retroactively.

Come on Holla Forums, I was promised lynchings within the next decade, and I'm hankering.

Fucking cunts

anyone ever having problem with multiple enemies using the same script? if one of the enemy detect my player but the other enemy doesn't, both of them won't move at all.
Is this a normal problem or is it my shitty code?

nevermind i found the problem when i pasted it into pastebin lol, turns out i forgot that i set my variable into static, no wonder it doesn't work on more than 1 instance.

How hard would it be to make a 3D game with literally no coding experience?

This is a serious question. I've been learning how to draw so I could eventually make a game in GMS but a different idea just hit me and I like it a lot more than the one I already had in mind, but there's no way I could eventually apply the idea to 2D.

Try making some 3D models and then think again if you're up for it.

1.Familiarize yourself with the logic of programming, google stuff like learn C#, just follow along the tutorial and copy what they are doing.
2.Realize that you didn't learn shit, but at least you know the syntax and so on, now there are a lot of youtubers that provides basic C# tutorial in Unity, i already made some list.

gamesplusjames : for dialog, quest system
inScope Studios : for inventory, health unity 5 and general script
xoctomanx : quest system, turn based battle
gamegrind : inventory, dialogue and interactions, general(making simple unity), misc script(damage pop up)
Game Design HQX : SKill tree, and other type of games, rpg turn based
Jonathan Weinberger : faggot who has good car and in depth explanation about stuff
GameDZine : Unity Basic programming, and texture modelling
quill18creates : 1 hour progaramming, and base building
3DBuzz : 2D basic, modern gui development, 2d Environment art
Wabble : 2D Specific platformer tutorial

Now just do it like step 1, follow along their tutorial and copy their code, but this time you need to add your own comment on top of every code or logic like the how and why, you need to understand why it happens.

3.And that's it, you acquire game programming skills. Time to make your own game.

Sorry, i forgot to include some people

Acem003 : explanation in basic c# stuff
Charger games : Indian, teaches you 2D platformer.
GucioDevs : little kid who teaches you 2D platformer stuff too
Mikeymega : provides tutorial for drawing hentai
HardlyBrief : Indepth explanation on Serialization, Leveling, Item Creation and so on.

Also all of these youtubers have very different approach on coding things (now that i realized it), so it won't waste your time to learn from all of them. Like one depends heavily on using interface, protected variable, one depends heavily on using superclass.

Well, good luck mate.
Just start with pong or something first, honestly there isn't much difference between 2d and 3d except for movement and rotation

I thin it would be easier to just search "[subject] unity tutorial".

You can google anything, but then you have to spend time sorting out the good from the bad, which is both time consuming and difficult, if you're trying to learn about an unfamiliar subject and don't have the experience to judge quality. Hence, recommendations.

I'd love to help, but I'd just be an autistic as fuck ideas guy.

Don't think that would be too enjoyable for anyone. Also, why I intend to make my most passionate ideas on my own because after a while I'll start seeming crazy and overambitious.

Recommendations aren't that helpful when you're going to throw so many authors, not even specific tutorials but names of people who make tutorials. You'd probably find less sources and more specific guidance with a youtube search.

That depends entirely on how complicated a game you want to make.

Whatever you want to do, break it down into smaller pieces and look up tutorials for those individual pieces. For example, if you want to make a RPG, you might start by looking into tutorials for combat systems and how to handle dialogue. Follow those tutorials to give yourself a foundation and then adapt them to suit whatever needs you have for your own project. (It's what I did). To continue the RPG example, you'd have to think of other things you're going to need. How do you initiate battles (can you see and avoid enemies on the overworld or are non-story battles entirely random)? How would you handle the player's party? What about equipment? Special abilities? Think about what you need, break it down into small pieces, and tackle it one piece at a time.

I agree with this, and that makes me wonder…

Would it help team projects if there was a proper website for them?

Something like a simplified document manager where people can simultaneously submit and see updates in real-time, with a chat on the side. Maybe even a simple oekaki so you can scribble things and attach images.

dude it won't took anyone that long to just check the channel and look at the playlist and see if he is interested or not. I'm just giving out the channel i subscribed too and the code that helps me in making my game.
Beside i didn't just give out the name, i also wrote down the important tutorial that they have, and it's quite specific

tldr, be grateful you nigger

Speaking of newfag programmers and C#:

C# Operators msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6a71f45d.aspx
C# Keywords msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x53a06bb.aspx

This is pretty much my face when I realize that the US has 3,100 counties to look at population data for.

But just think! How nice would it be to have a 100 year historical chart of every county's population growth at your fingertips

They're probably going to whine that the game is too hard sine they like "cinematic" experiences.

Would you recommend C# or C++ for making a turn-based, 2D RPG?
I guess I'm in the same boat as minus the 3D. Choosing an engine is the hardest part since I don't really understand the pros and cons. (Except RPG Maker and Game Maker, which is "It's shit, you might as well use another engine if you want to do anything but the default.")

I guess the advice here would best apply to me:

really sorry if the list is all over the place, tbh i simply copy pasted it from my own personal note to remind me which provides which content.
If you wanna follow my progression, first tutorial i follow was from GucioDevs, his code is quite simple and he's quite a good teacher. But it's mostly 2D platformer only.
After that i watch the videos from HardlyBried, now this guy videos is quite advanced, since he will use a lot of superclass, and also he didn't finished his tutorial, but even then his videos will still teach you a lot about inheritance, and using array effectively and so on.
And then after that i watch the videos from inScope Studios, now this guy is really good at teaching, he will teach you the hows and why, but again code is quite advanced.

For the turn based system, you can check Game Design HQX for now

unity can't seem to generate an accurate collision mesh
i need to raycast downwards to know whether to play a falling animation or not, can't do that without a collider
wat do? putting tons of mini colliders manually seems like it's gonna be a hassle

I've always felt that if you have to ask which language to use, then you don't understand the scope of your project and should stick to an engine; another user could probably advise.

However, Unity is generally pretty robust and uses C#. Myself, I use the years-deprecated XNA framework.

It's pretty simple, but I'm not talking about making an engine from scratch. (I didn't realize you guys did that)

I meant more what language should I use, then I'd look at what engines use those languages.

Also, I've touched Unity ages ago for a bit- hated every minute of it. I was using the 3D and I recall issues of attaching textures or adding objects to the scene that was a pain (at least compared to UT3).
Again, this was ages ago, so I might be talking out my ass.

also don't make thing harder for yourself and just use the popular engine and language for making engine, as of engine you can use Unreal or Unity, so far i heard that Unreal documentation and tutorial is kinda lacking, also check the profit sharing system for both engine, and just pick whichever suits you best
for language, just use C#

honestly there's nothing wrong with cinematic experience if its done right and not like excessive-in-your-face type. Which unfortunately so many game nowadays miss the entire point of using it.

user story is as important as gameplay, if you have some then feel free to share, i could always use an idea or two

Looks like you're utilizing the convex collider option for optimizing a mesh collider automatically.
Disable the convex collider option, and the mesh collider will conform to the triangles if your mesh; thus having the accuracy you require.

that worked, now i just hope they don't by any chance fall through the ground
no idea why i had it set to convex in the first place

this is not what i signed up for
i already know how to use unity/ue4

even worse

LOL

Is this the new LOL thread?

on the plus side they shit on molyneux and no man's sky for not delivering
all hope is not lost

Why did you go back?

If we make our own games, we can MAKE VIDYA GREAT AGAIN

seems related. love from the ResistJam discord.

I feel about the same way. JLMG, man.

Paranoid was a meme. Did he ever get banned in the end?
I shitposted hard and got a dozen people kicked/banned by misinterpreting what they were saying like a good Liberal, and then they finally kicked me when I said we needed more PoC in game dev, not more Jews or whites, as they weren't as oppressed as PoC.

They turned on me in a heartbeat after I was a good goy preventing anti-semitism and racism.

that screenshot was from 30 minutes ago, mate. he's still in.

11/10.
Are there still anons hanging about or is everyone waiting until it starts properly?

i know of at least a couple that are still in there. a new invite code got emailed to everyone recently and posted, so i think a few new ones may have joined, but they're being fairly quiet, paranoid being the only one that's really speaking that much. pic related, he's the third most popular poster there. most the mods are preparing for GDC.

Oh ho ho.
New invite code. Time to stop learning C# and shitpost to get people banned again.

So imagine a game about travelling across the US, sort of like FTL.

The only problem is I can't think of anything fun to do beyond that. I mean your ship could be a group of smugglers or criminals, and each state could basically be a sector, but beyond that, nothing

It's called Oregon Trail. And if you want to do it as a mexican, John Romero recently made Gunman Taco Truck.

cgpeers is used generally for art reference and digital materials (like photoshop), but I've seen a few game courses there.
but then again they could be glorified unity tutorials so check the reviews before downloading I guess

I'm using Slerp to go from one rotation to another, but I can't figure out how to change the Quaternions to get a rotation around just one axis.
Pic 1 is starting point
Pic 2 is what it ends up
Pic 3 is the current settings

I don't think I get how this works, how is it possible that by changing only one value it moves along two axes?

Mm, I could also consider some kind of logistics simulator, too.

I'll have compiled all the highway and county data of every state and county in the US in a few weeks if all goes well

bump

Tried to make the face as soft and inoffensive as possible, to juxtapose it with the violence and gore that I'm intending to push towards.

Smug enough?

While on topic, any ideas how I can make the movement more natural? It's currently bound directly to difference of camera's rotation and the character's rotation, and the eyes are set to point directly at a point projected on a surface.

The technicalities are worked out, but I need a spark of life in it.

Ohhhhh fuckkkk looking at the screenshots I'm fucking nutting. Definitely going to use this - thanks user!

Doesn't look creepy AT ALL

3dgep.com/understanding-quaternions/
This explains in-depth what quaternions are and how they work. You probably won't have to know any of that if you don't try to make your own math library. But please try to understand it anyway, it's good for you.
What you probably want instead is
to make Rotation2.
Also why the fuck would you bump a question after half a fucking hour? That's not how shit works around here "user"

Well that's why I posted it - so people can look and tell me what's wrong with it and what's done well. That's the whole point of sharing your work, no?

why does this work.

Kill yourself, Rustnigger.

Ladies.

Really, it looks like knockoff bald Elliot Rodger.

Wew, it actually does, although my Rodge doesn't have bulbous lips and nose.

I've been trying to work this out for 4 hours, the thread went to page 4 in like two seconds.
Fixed now tho

Finally home, now some animu and then DEV

better?

Now I see him
uncanny

saved

Not enough of a spic, user. Paint him brown

also mustache and sombrero

Taco in one hand. Fat, goblin wife and 8 children following behind.

forgetting a gun and an expensive car

I'm memeing along. It's not a survival game as much as a sandbox/exploration game heavily focused on PvP and /k/ autism.

I got a /k/ommando modelling a Mosin, Garand, and Sturmgewehr 44 as we speak.

I don't wanna go autist like the other user and tell you that you shouldn't make what you want to make.
But your knowledge could be applied to something much more worth playing.

Really, a "survival game" is just a label, user. I'm making what I want - the names and shit are secondary.

The priorities right now are to make a character that looks good, feels good to play as and PvP that feels snappy. Only after that am I going to add other things that I feel like add to it.

I'm not cloning Rust. It's just a comparison that stuck too hard after I made it.

you guys don't make it easy.

Oh my god that's fucking perfect.

I love agdg

that picture convinced me to add a skin tone slider.

Should I triangulate stuff before moving it into unity?

Sounds more like an inclusivity slider.
Good work user!

tbh kneejerk reactions from Holla Forums to having a skin tone slider are about as bad as kneejerk reactions from SJW's for having white people in games.

Brown people exist, it's easier to include them ingame instead of making up reasons why not. Most people will just pick a white character anyway.

Not in my game they dont

Art imitates life. There are upside to it, though, you can roleplay as an ooga booga spearchucker or be qt3.14 brown girl.

So, is networking always such a pain in the ass? This shit is so annoying even in unity. I should've decided to make a singleplayer game.

yes, yes it is

Unity a shit.
That is all.

There's a reason why I picked Unreal. Unity is shit.

Is it worth jumping over? I've spent a bunch of time learning C#/Unity, what's different with Unreal?

Unreal looks and performs better as far as I know

;-;
What language is UE4 in?

C++
So the syntax should be kind similar to C#, but C# is a little more high level I think.

C++, but it has a very nice visual "blueprint" system. C++ is still the way to go with the more complex things, but you can mix the two and save yourself some eyestrain.

For example, I'm mostly getting away with blueprints for the character animation stuff, but once I get to deformable meshes I'm gonna have to whip out proper code.

if you are on blender it triangulates itself

unity is easier to learn, stick to it until you know what you are doing and gives you better hand holding
online in your first game is dead giveaway you don't know shit yet

Yeah, learning that the hard way. Still this project has taught me waaay more than any tutorial ever has.

You got a single fact to back that up?
captcha; jmw aug

Deus Ex was made in Unreal
check mate developer
Unreal: 1 Unity: 0

Mostly personal experience of games on Unity consistently performing like shit and looking like shit versus Unreal performing well and looking wonderful.

Also Unity has pretty bad input lag.

Unity simply makes more sense for beginners. There is no need for UE4 if you don't plan on reaching a certain scope, like for example AA or mid-studio games. Learning UE4 for beginner games is like making a truck license to drive a normal car.

gotem

That's not what I was asking
SHOULD I triangulate?

ALL NIGHTER OF PROGRESS HERE I COME

Nobody ever does progress during the night

All my best progress comes at 3AM when no-one is around to constantly interrupt me.

no, squares subdivide better also preserve more of the original models so you can make changes later

my sleep schedule is eternally fucked due to my university's horribly chosen lecture times
at this point i usually get up at 1 pm and go to bed at 4-5 am

in my game there will be some
because FUCK YEAH CHOCOLATE ELVES

I need to make a game
One day

I wouldn't have to be worried, I'd never date a girl who doesn't throw up at the mere thought of rixels.

So much places you could save time by learning to use modifiers, how did you make the stairs? How did you make the railing for the balcony? How did you make those pillars? How are the walls made? How are the windows and doors handled? When you learn some Python you can achieve a butt load of functionality in Blender to speed up tasks.

I'm doing that right now so evidently not particularly hard, making a 3d game with all the features you want though, I'm making this as a learning experience, learned lots so far.

so their news is just as fake as their viewership. Good to know I'll be sure to let all the libtards know about the business practices of their ever so worshiped and sanctimonious "Fair and Balanced Press"

qjohnnyp.itch.io/beelzebox
can I be yesdev now?

last 10 hours was a mad sprint

i used modifiers on the stairs, im slowly using it more

Good.

god damn it user, you had one job
also, seems like there's input lag when i'm attacking

Chocolate elves are considered tanned though, not brown, they also have european features more than anything.

I could play the blame game, but let's just say that making inventory tetris I wanted was out of the question for my pal to make til the end of the jam.

When I rest a while and get him to continue work (he made the items and inventory, which are more technically advanced than beautiful). My code is a bit too spaghettiish compared to his and it appears there are still many programming skills I'll need to learn.

The input lag is more likely the ass backwards way I made attacks. This thing will need a lot of actual polish to make it work smooth and nice, but ya know… for a 10-day project I'm proud.

Welp.
What now

they are brown user, simply not nigger brown. It's like a perfect balance of exotic and deliciousness

Go back to sleep you retard.

Can't

Clean your house or exercise.

Finally i can make the clock tower and the slopped roof
Then the bridges, each on its own object
And the basement as its own object
The final object will be the outside parts

Not all beginners. UE4 was actually way easier for me because it's practically a level designer's wet dream. All the tools are out of the box and there's really no need to go to asset store to get a modicum of functionality.

Well, you're right about that, Level design and Animation control is really good in UE4, even when you're in beginner stage. But level design is just a single part of game design, for everything else a beginner should go with Unity.
I don't see why beginners should torture themselves with C++ and the pile of garbage called Visual Studio, and bluespaghetti is at best a meme.

Nah, make it turn out that your character was under mind control the whole time, and all the player managed to do was just generate sympathy for whites

I have made something to surpass dick legs.

C++ is the second best language ever made you fucking faggot

True, the best is javascript

Is Infinity Jam actually a thing? We're making a simple game and we're wondering if it's allowed to use any resources made prior to the jam. What we have now barely qualifies for a framework.

Sorry that was a typo, I meant PHP

HR guy here. I got a resume with preferred pronouns on it, also I checksocial medias and if there are specified it goes in the thrash automatically or on the wall of shame for a laugh.

Trying to make a small tunnel something rolls out of in unity.
What collider should I use?

It's a slope, so I don't think I can use a box collider because I can't rotate it.
What's the way to go here?

someone rate my presentation on pathfinding (for english class)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1laio2k4HufTzlobzI0am91dGM
you'd have to download it if you want to see gifs though

just use a mesh collider

There was a pic i cant find

Why doesn't it use nodes? Aren't edges connected to nodes by definition?

I might be retarded but how do I assign my mesh to the mesh collider
Dragging and dropping doesn't seem to do much

my point being that you can tell a unit to go anywhere (0.5,3), (0.6345345,0.67867) etc, instead of just (1,1), (2,2), hence why i'm saying that there aren't nodes
it's like saying that a circle has no angles (even though it sort of does)

in the project tab, click on your fbx file or whatever it is and expand it
then there should be two meshes in there, one of them can be dragged into the mesh collider's field
otherwise check the name of the mesh and search for it in the mesh collider

Is there any decent documentation or tutorials on RGSS3 for RPG Maker VX Ace? I'm trying to fix this piece of dogshit software so that I can probably make a half-decent looking game with it.

HOW MANY TIMES MUST WE REMIND YOU

huh, nice
thanks

Just fucking use unity you faggot

As of now I have a thing that happens when a button is pressed, but I don't want the user to be able to press the button to make it happen again right after having pressed it.

What should I do to make this work? Disabling input? a Wait function?

So I assume that it finds the nearest edge, moves directly towards it (or curves toward it and an endpoint) How does it know which edge to use?

I dont 3d so navmeshes are still somewhat foreign and ive always been pretty grid based

tbh i have no idea how navmesh works
i'm only mildly knowledgeable on A*

IEnumerator Example() {
if(!foo){
//do something
foo = true;
}
yield return new WaitForSeconds(0.1);
foo = false;
}
not the best script i know lol

Ehh some progress, and a unfinished dispersion gun texture.

It's because C/C++ is the go-to language in programming since it has the best mix of low-level and high level features. Beginners don't know this is the reason though, they just pick it because it's #1.

Once again it's because M$ controls everything and it's the #1 go-to IDE. I mean fuck, even I wasted my time with that heap of crap, and even then I knew it was garbage with how it spit out like 50 files when you compiled.

Should be

Just how useful are game engines, anyways? I've failed to do the most simple shit in Godot, despite already knowing C, Java, and python.
Can't I just like make game without fucking around with stupid baby shit? I feel like I'm using tools that are explicitly made for people who hate programming.

Any guides for gamedev in C? Getting sick of anything that isn't vim and gcc

Honestly if you have experience with you should have some ideas of how to create the game ideas you have
Which part of game development specifically do you not want/know how to do?

Whats the difference between bilinear and cubic interpolation? They both seem to operate on 4 points. (I get that bicubic is 8 points)

All good user. I've just been shying towards math and algorothms lately.

Why not just grab something like SDL/SFML and do your own shit if you don't like dealing with prebuilt engines?

Output an image on a window, get input from a gamepad, have music/sound effects, etc. You know, all the shit that seperates games from an excel spreadsheet.

Looks perfect, I'll check them out

Because C++ isn't hard at all and if you can't learn C++ you probably aren't going to finish your game anyway.

t. someone who started with C++

i was gonna recommend exactly this
Nice thing about these libraries is that just use openGL for their backend and it's all opensource so you can easily tinker with anything you want and you can also pick and choose which parts you want or even use both of them if you want.

Trying to make a prefab move smoothly to a point

public Transform target; public float smoothTime = 0.3f; private Vector3 velocity = Vector3.zero; Vector3 targetPosition = target.TransformPoint (new Vector3 (0, 0.173f, 0.218f)); transform.position = Vector3.SmoothDamp(transform.position, targetPosition, ref velocity, smoothTime);

For some reason this is applied to the prefab the script is attached to and I can't seem to figure out how to apply it to the object I want to apply it to.

Target is already set to the right thing.

Nevermind I'm a fucking retard.

Is your GUI using an object system. As in, is the process of making a button something like
Button button = new Button();button.setPosition(10,10);button.setCallback(myCallback);gui.addThing(button);
If so, subclass button, add a double time; member and in the handle method
double t = getTime(); double dt = t - time; if (dt < timeout) { callback(); time = t;}
If you don't have an object system, figure out how to retain state associated with this particular button. Preferably without globals.

Another problem, this is now working but the prefab just shoots off to infinity without ever stopping.

Why?

I feel ya man. I've been enginedevving for half a year with SFML and 100% custom OpenGL. Though I've been feeling burned out on it, so I'm toying in openscenegraph atm. Engines are a mixed blessing. The are this big pile of abstractions and interconnected components that are just useless bloat untill you've figured out the what, how and why. Why in particular is important. I'd def recomend doing some enginedev. It'll either help you understand why engines work the way they do or give you an engine you can actually use.

I've learned so much they didnt teach well in HS

I never realized tan^-1 and such were simply inverse slopes of trig functions. I thought it was about exponents and not geometry. Suddenly all the memes about tan being used extensively started to make sense

I'm only learning Unity/C#, but if I had to guess, it sounds like you didn't add something in the script to actually stop it.

Are you sending it to an XYZ point or telling it to move by X units?
Also, if you're sending it to an XYZ coordinate, are you entering such large numbers that it flies off into the sunset?

I'm sending it to a set point. This is where it should be going.
Vector3 targetPosition = target.TransformPoint (new Vector3 (0, 0.173f, 0.218f));

I got the positions exactly from where I wanted it to go in the viewport. I also changed both values to 0.00000001 and it still shot off into nothingness.

Sorry to here that, user. As I said, I've got little experience.
How fast is it shooting off? Instantly? Or can you watch it as it flies off? Just trying to get more info so a smarter user that I can help.

Reminded me of a shitty joke that made me chuckle in school. Pic related, 1000 hours in GIMP.

The speed is controlled by the script, so yeah I can actually see it shoot off.
dunno, I'll go ask on the unity forums.

They save a ton of time

Not every engine is like that. Although I barely know shit about engines

Honestly, the reason to use an engine outweighs the reasons not to for indie devs. Most people who write their own engine do it for performance reasons, and most indie games are so small-scale performance doesn't really matter. Most people enginefag because they want to total control over what they made or can say "I built that". The part that makes me want to just use an engine is fucking GPU buffers. I hate dealing with dynamic shit because you have to manage holes in a byte array created when removing, which is the biggest pain in the ass over if you don't want to end up restructuring the entire thing every time you remove.

My programming knowledge isn't too extensive, but:
Public: Is this a class declaration? If yes, why are you assigning values outside of initializing an object?
What the fuck is 'f' and why are you calling upon this integer/double/Satan's asshole without having it apparently been declared or in scope of your snippet? All we know is smoothTime is 30% of f. Or are you fucking around with some hexadecimal?
Private: Vector3 velocity makes sense.
So your target position is the world position of 0, 17.3% of f and 21.8% of f. I find it hard to understand why you're using 'new' for something not expected to dynamically use memory, but whatever.
I have to ask why you're setting values in your class declaration. Also what the fuck is 'f'?
I don't know if you know or not, but every line after 'private' is private.
I don't understand the first part. At no point is a variable called position declared.
Second makes more sense: Our start point is transform.position (???), end is targetPosition (0, 17.3%f, 21.8%f), velocity is given as a reference - and this is your problem.
SmoothDamp MODIFIES the velocity. By passing it as a reference the function CANNOT modify it. Meaning you go on forever.

Wait I'm also retarded. Pass by reference is what you want.
What the fuck is going on?

Progress from last night: bare bones account creation and sign in set up on the server, with bcrypt for hashing.

Whoops, forgot gif.

Unity sucks cock tho, user. It's the Go, Animate! of gamedev.

Unreal is much harder to grasp, as I'm currently experiencing, but every single thing I find out that is already worked out and ready to be used makes me smile like an idiot - it's just that fucking good.

Unreal is everything a competent Dev needs, and your competency is not defined by your current skill as much as your discipline and dedication.

if unity is go animate, then what's GMS and RPGMaker?

KidPix and Microsoft Excel.

animating tips please
2hard4me

arms too stiff. animation too slow. aside from that, relatively tolerable.

Get this

Hip swing is missing, even male characters have a little bit. Shoulders have to turn, arm swing has to have a couple frames of lag.

Just before release I added models based on my very old webcomic project called KONSPIRACJA.

I alo added a horn randomizer so that the bastards differ a bit

itch.io/jam/1-room-rpg-jam/entries

c'mon faggots. download, play and tear me a new asshole

BUT DOES THE INVENTORY WORK?

Don't pay for classes.

To an extent that when you choose a wapon you picked up your DPS changes

Need some help with PhaT editor in Unreal.

1) How the fuck do I mirror this? I refuse to believe that I'm meant to do the colliders for each limb by hand

2) When simulating individual limbs my mesh goes full retard and stretches like a motherfucker. What could this be caused by? I assume I exported my skeleton incorrectly, so anyone got a setup to export from Blender to Unreal?

All of the tutorials online are outdated as hell.

peenus weenus xD

Would you prefer a naked model without clothes to not actually be naked but have underwear on? Because that's what the cucked censorship-ridden AAA fags do.

I just don't really want to see a fully modeled cock
Maybe if it had cock and balls physics, MAYBE.

Why do you think its sticking out like that? I'm gonna be applying physics to it.

Moreover, maybe some people don't want to see fully modeled tits and vagina and yet I'm working on it. Customizable tits, vagina and ass as a matter of fact.

Yes its on the male model for now I know I'm just testing it out

I like the art-style of your comics. (don't abandon them like I did with mine) . I like the sounds you used, combat felt good for a diablo clone. The only two negative things I got to say are that it's too dark and the game crashes often (although this I will completely blame unity for).

BENIS :D

I love seeing your pics

I do enjoy it, i just forget about it every time

ANUS ::D:DD:DDDD:D
anus physix?:D

I mean I'm gonna have to model it just because anatomically it's gonna have to be connected to the guts trying to do ebin dismemberment

started writing a 2D engine to learn more about vidya programming, implemented a basic particle system today. and actually got the rendering to work this morning as well
webm related, implemented a basic 'wind' for the particles

CIA NIGGERS

I like how the simple spotlight lighting really gives that Diablo feel.

Cool shit. From scratch?

shoo shoo, goon.

Use smooth shading.
Game won't capture my keyboard (you're not supposed to play exclusively with the mouse right?), but that's probably a wine issue. It runs in wine btw.
Due to previous, it's hard to consistently circlestrafe. Possible, but hard. If it would auto-attack when I hold RMB on an enemy that would help.
Arena is too small to effectively crowd control. I ended up just running in circles, waiting for my mana to recharge so I could fireball he fuckers one by one.
Consider making the enemies forgetting you after a while.
Consider making a proper dungeon. At least some corridors, nothing fancy required.
Inventory didn't work. I could "select" things, but I didn't notice any change. I could select multiple things, but they didn't stay selected.
Delete button in inventory does nothing.
Consider making stats update when you press plus/minus, not after you hit apply and then re-open the stats window.
What does middle mouse button do?

yeah, everything besides the image loading, which uses SOIL.
also want to add lua parsing for ingame scripts and menus later down the road

NEVER EVER
live2d.com/en/products/euclid
TBA

Have you never heard of Diablo?

Thanks, man… Unfortunately the last strip of the comic was made in 2009. Not that my wife doesn't want me to return to it every once in a while or that I shouldn't at least translate the strips. Perhaps Beelzebox can be a return of the series if people will stand the minimalism.

The next thing to add is a proper options menu for things like brightness (or maybe even light radius- unless I can tweak it), audio settings and controls which are things people ask me to add.

I hope you'll enjoy the current release for what it is then (a prototype) and be on the lookout for me to post progress. Especially that I'd like to mix an aRPG with proper dungeons with that wave mechanic.

The moment I made the floor and placed the lights, I knew I wanted to make a modernized Diablo clone. And I do mean Diablo/Hellfire with and not the abortion that is 3.
It's amazing what a relatively good normal map can do for the look of a game.

Yeah, I'll apply that for sure. I made those models a bit too hastily those 10 hours before jam deadline.

In fact, the prototype doesn't support keyboard control . Outside of skill switching, I hope it isn't too bothersome. Many of my friends yearn for the shift-attack thing modern hack&slashes have. And those don't use WSAD if that's what you mean.

I agree with most of your suggestions and can't wait to properly implement them. For now I have the tired "I only had 10 days before the jam deadline" excuse- most what you suggest I just couldn't do fast & efficiently within the timeframe. My professional programmer friend only managed to make the broken inventory in that time. There's a lot we want to improve, especially that the code I wrote is spaghetti.

Atmosphere and aesthetic is quite impressive. Combat is very reminiscent of Diablo. Overall quite solid for a 10 day project.

Observations:
Light is non-existent on fast and fastest settings.
Your formula for Dodge Chance seems to be 11.25% + 0.25 * Level - Dex * 0.05%. (higher Dex = Lower Dodge Chance)
Strength appears to do nothing.
Leveling up skills past level 1 seems to do nothing.
Past about Wave 7, the battlefield becomes a literal ocean of corpses. Perhaps consider having them despawn after a while.
Won't comment on the inventory system.
There seems to be an irritating slowdown in your movement speed as you approach a target/intractable. Most notable when going to attack an enemy.

'Ages' ago I played a demo, but I hardly remember it. It's just one of those classics I've missed.

I wish I could do simplistic stuff like yours, I'm working on a comic myself, but I want to actually get publishing rights and stuff to have it on paperback.

Anyway, Just do it faggot, work on your comic. I can barely push myself to do it because I, well, I don't even fucking know anymore. But I'd rather webcomics like yours be around that are probably witty/actually funny than the autsitic shit I've seen over the years (hence why I bothered making my own comic that I wish to bring comics into a new golden age, free of censorship and the like cause it's how I am and I'm not going to change my views because a bunch of kikes told me so.)

Also I'm digging the diablo clone you got going, better add multiplayer faggot.

Thanks dude. I believe it's my brother's music completed the thing.

I'll have to remove those settings altogether. "beautiful" ran ok on a GTX 260.

close
this.DodgeChance = 0.05f * this.Dexterity+ 9.25f + -0.25f * this.PlayerLevel;
I made a quick spreadsheet reglinp at the last moment. will fix.

My pal didn't implement STR requirements for weapons. He's a great programmer and quite patient with my ass backwards methods but a great example that professional devs rarely have any stamina left to work on personal projects

and that one is my fault. I wanted to make a few more skills as well… next public build, I guess.

I remember one of the anons here saying "I hope the corpses stay". I hope he plays the prototype and learns of this mistake.
Corpse decay is on the to-do list.

noted. This will be addressed in the movement rewrite.

I believe it held up pretty well. Try to find a Hellfire .ISO and enjoy (you might have to kill explorer.exe. some anons think that's trolling but in fact it does help with the game's graphics). IMO while Diablo II improved greatly upon the formula, the original game still has something that makes it superior in my eyes.

Thanks for the encouragement, user. It will be another project to add to the long list but I will try.

From what I can tell by looking at a few comic authors for my day job for a publisher, before they started publishing their own work on paper, there was a lot of commissioned stuff (children's book illustrations for example) they made. Perhaps try that if you haven't already

There's a niche for everything, which I'm sure you can find yourself. The comic I made had a lot of autistic inside jokes some people enjoyed too.

I agree, the single player experiences for aRPG don't provide as much fun as multipleyer. We think of implementing it although it will be the hardest part to code most likely

rate my sprite work.

Good to see people adding genitals to their game. Mine sure as hell will, not because it needs them or anything but I just find the magic skin-tight underwear that is always present no matter what a real fucking immersion breaker. Nothing more immersion breaking than arriving to what is supposed to be a gruesome scene only to see a pile of dead bodies in underwear (or flat as a mannequin).

Pic only semi-related, only spurdo I have on my laptop and I'm too lazy to go fetch a better one.

New sprites for the health pickups.

This sucks I have ideas for like 3 or 4 different games and keep sort of hopping interest between them. Nothing practical gets done

On the other hand my engine is doing alright?

Indie Darling/10, would win Independent Games Festival after you blow/bribe the judges panel

Guy who was making the first person 2fast4u game from the other thread. Bored of mapping so I am making assets; rate my music?

Done some nice progress today

This is cool stuff man. I wish I had a composer for my game that would do it more for the interest in the project rather than immediate gain. I hope you keep working on it and keep posting. You should let me play as a Skeleton btw.

See attached pic for your level of knowledge.

Unity is a great engine actually.
It has all the tools necessary to, "just like make game", and that's ranging from high to low level APIs.

The complains in your previous posts are mostly noobie mistakes, and come from not understanding the engine (which is your fault).
In addition to lacking hand holding (which u seem to desire) for certain aspects of the engine, and yet the functionality to do what you want (or get around an issue) is there; you just need to learn it to utilize it correctly (which you obviously weren't doing).

Arguably unreal holds your hand more for certain aspects, such as shader programming, or the main C++ programming w/its visual programming shit (this is the true, "Go, Animate!" of gamedev btw, no need to be a real programmer, u can be an artists, or level designer, but you can still make a game!).

Well, you obviously didn't grasp Unity when you tried it, or you wouldn't of run into the issues you did.

The same thing applies to just about any feature complete engine you fucking tard.

Creepy shit. I'm not exactly good with music, but it seems like it'd be suitable for a Silent Hill-style setting.

The game is meant to be a psychedelic horror game on speed. We want to have a good spooky atmosphere that feels like you took way too much acid mixed with intense Hotline Miami inspired gameplay.

The first two sound good, the only critizism is that they aren't long enough. Third song sounds like two separate songs layered on top of one another rather than a single coherent piece.

That's some good shit man.

Thanks for the criticism. Any idea why it sounds off?

Hey so what's the best engine to create a side-scrolling 2D shmup? I have absolutely zero coding knowledge and i can only draw half-decently. I don't expect a reply

I'm not the dev you called a tard, but I agree with him. You are also somewhat correct.

I came from making visual novels, and because of Blueprints, I'm enjoying UE4 very much. No need to go back and forth with a proper programmer like I did when I was using Unity.

The thing is, while we are here arguing about the merits of enginedevving and rolling our own custom solutions, the game industry is getting worse and worse being infected with Frankfurt School / Critical Theory forced diversity feminists. They get in with unoptimized shit, but consumers still buy shit, so they rake in money, by that time they would have a warchest to take further hold of the industry.

We need to counteract with as many shitlord gamedevs, and to that effect I welcome all these easy peasy tools, RPGMaker included. Once we shit out our first game, then we can improve. The problem is always that there are way fewer yesdevs here than in the SJW communities.

No thanks. I have nothing against newfag-friendly tools but they should not be overly restricting like RPG Maker or run like shit.

Take what I say with a grain of salt. It could be something else that's off that I just don't realize or I could have shit taste and not realize it.
The base kick doesn't seem to fit. It sounds too fast and too clean to fit with the grittyness of everyting else. It also sounds like there's something atmosphereic going on in the background while the loudest instrument is fighting against that, like it's trying to make a melody but that doesn't fit with the atmospheric sounds so it's trying not to, it's stuck somewhere in-between, if that makes sense.
God I feel like such an asshole not being able to describe it precisely.

GAMEMAKER

Thanks for saying what I couldn't be bothered to.

This is pretty well said. Unity is actually harder to use than Unreal if you arent a good programmer. The reason people spread the "unity sucks" or "unity is too limited" stuff is because they didnt know what they were doing within the engine.

The reason C++ is not that good for beginners, is because of the nonstop compiling while learning. If you start with languages like java or c#, you can instantly test everything out without compiling shit over and over again. Also visual studio sucks dick and if you do C++ you should do it with another IDE. Nothing wrong with C++ per se, but honestly there are simply better languages for beginners. A beginner wouldn't get to the level where using C++ pays off anyways. Also if you start with an easier language first, and then switch to C++, you learn it much faster and easier, at least it was like that for me.

they are the type of retard that rather masturbate over how "complicated" the process involved and "hard" their tools are rather than actually finishing the game.
the worst type of retard, and always been the plague of /agdg/

Not to mention Unreal's implementation of C++ is built for performance which means it does some weird things. It works just fine and there's nothing wrong with breaking the rules of best practices if there's a good reason for it, such as performance. However, best practices exist for a reason and when learning how to code one should do so strictly following the rules. When the day comes that you do need to break the rules you should know enough about the language to do so in a way that you don't fuck over.

Unreal Engine is filled with rule breaking for one reason or another. They have a custom implementation of shared references, shared pointers, and weak pointers for fucks sake
docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Programming/UnrealArchitecture/SmartPointerLibrary/
These custom implementations of C++ functionality are everywhere in Unreal and if you learn C++ using the engine you are going to be completely fucked if you want to write some moderately complex code outside of the engine. You should only use Unreal Engine if you already know C++ or if you plan on sticking with Blueprints.

(cheged)
Fugg :—DDDD

Any simple way of destroying other.gameObject?
I know it's easy to do with this.gameObject, but I'm forced to use the script on the other object.

Not that user, but one suggestion would be to have corpses take damage and split into chunks of meat which slowly decay and leave the floor red for a longer time than the attack blood (if possible).

Mentioning which engine is helpful, so people don't have to scroll up half the thread to see you use Unity.
Also, read the documentation unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/scripting/destroy
Destroy(other.gameObject); should work.

Other doesn't seem to work anymore, not sure if the documentation is old or what.
I had already looked at the documentation.

change the parameter it should be Collider other, the parameter name should be the same as the one in the scope

Oo shit user, when you name the other collider collidedObj instead of other it's not going to fucking know what other is supposed to mean. Are you still half asleep or do you just not know programming basics?
Destroy(collidedObj.gameObject);

well that was simple, I learned something
thanks user

It's telling u exact why it's not working.

Thus… it's saying that the reference to the GO, named "other", does not exist in THIS function/script's scope… in otherwords; use the existing (or create it) reference to the GO w/the name "other", and it will work correctly.
You could do this via grabbing the GO you collided with, and destroying it.
F.e. using your naming convention, and doing the above:
void OnTriggerEnter (Collider other){ Destroy (other.gameObject);}

might as well post this even though other anons have answered… so this user knows to read their errors, and to deduce what they're saying before asking for assistance

video

game

it finally happened, I procrastinated so hard that I'm working on my initial project 8 years later
Now I'm gonna sleep a little

What is the best royalty free engine beside Unity?

There a little slow for the type of game your making, sound more like the kind of thing you would hear in a horror game.
except for the last one which is great.

I keep having trouble figuring out how to reference to objects in Unity. I know this code does what it's supposed to do (move from set point to where I want it to go smoothly) if the object is already in the scene when it's ran.
but I have absolutely no idea how to get it to instantiate the object and then move it smoothly.

Instantiate(prizeBallOpen, new Vector3(0, 0, 0.218f), Quaternion.identity); Vector3 targetPosition = new Vector3 (0, 0.173f, 0.218f); prizeBallOpen.transform.position = Vector3.SmoothDamp(prizeBallOpen.transform.position, targetPosition, ref velocity, smoothTime);

It just fucking sits there after being spawned in.

Instantiate(prizeBallOpen, new Vector3(0, 0, 0.218f), Quaternion.identity) as GameObject;

The problem with this, I think, is that I'm actually starting off by declaring
public gameObject prizeBallOpen and then assigning a prefab to it so that I can spawn it.

but that's the only way I know how to do that

>not being a POC and win an award using white guilt

GameObject tmp = Instantiate(prizeBallOpen, new Vector3(0, 0, 0.218f), Quaternion.identity) as GameObject

Not sure what this is supposed to do but the object still doesn't move even after replacing references from prizeBallOpen to tmp.

GameObject tmp = Instantiate(prizeBallOpen, new Vector3(0, 0, 0.218f), Quaternion.identity) as GameObject
Vector3 targetPosition = new Vector3 (0, 0.173f, 0.218f);
tmp.transform.position = Vector3.SmoothDamp(tmp.transform.position, targetPosition, ref velocity, smoothTime * Time.deltaTime);

yeah that's exactly what I have
nothing different happens

you probably forgot to set the velocity

Both target and prizeBallOpen are set to the same prefab (what I want to instantiate and move)

I think I see what's going on.
since it's only called once it doesn't actually move

dude, you realize what zero means right?

that's what it says to use on the documentation
docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Vector3.SmoothDamp.html

It also does work if I don't instantiate what I'm trying to move but rather apply it to an already present object

Vector3.zero means vector3(0, 0, 0) it means you're not moving at any direction. Change the number.

I did, I just tried with every value here docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Vector3.html

It still doesn't move.
As I said, this works, this makes the object move, just not in this particular situation where it is being instantiated.

missing reference

Vector3 targetPosition = target.TransformPoint(new Vector3(0, 0.173, 0.218f));

Missing reference?
Vector3 targetposition is there

read my post or the documentation carefully

What am I supposed to see? It looks exactly the same

Oh I see it.
Can't use transformpoint, doesn't make the object stop.

I can only use a set Vector3

Ah, the first two are intended as hub themes.

Fixed it, it was because it wasn't in update.
I made a bool and triggered the movement in Update only when it's true.

I see that makes more sense

resistjam thread is fucking dead, so i thought i'd share it here.
how IS our jam going, anyway?
they actually saw me talk about my entry here

In the last thread someone posted a link to a song it did, and then someone improved it. Someone has the link?

(checked)
Co-dev here again. I've had no part in the music so far but I think you're partly right in that that one could use just a little more tweaking, but I got the impression that we'd be using the third track as either a modular version of the second track or as a call back in a sequential manner, since it is non-figuratively meant to be the 2nd track with extra stuff on top. We appreciate the advice though.
Personally I plan to try my hand at composing music for this project that's derived from synthwave but not specifically meant to sound like a movie soundtrack. My frequent problem with the genre is that many songs never get past the throwback gimmick and end up with no progression and little substance beyond nostalgia. I'd like to take some influences from the genre but also try to make something I'd enjoy listening to and not just as an accompaniment to another piece of media. And, of course, made with a similar tone to what my partner has already composed.
Of course I'm saying this as someone that has never actually composed a tune beyond an incomplete mashup, so I'm probably sounding a bit presumptuous.

Nice trips.

How expertly worded, my boon companion. Sad that you were one off.

New thread?

No, we're only on page 11.

I hate that we have to wait, as soon as the thread goes in autosage it just dies completely
Not even the people that usually post are here to show off progress

Layering broken shit onto other broken shit can be a viable method of fixing things I guess.

Looks nice
I'd make the outline a bit smaller though

That part's already tweakable, now I just want to try to find a way to make coloured outlines easy. Method 1 has that built in, but method 2 doesn't and I'll have to figure out if it's even a possibility or if I should look for other implementations of edge detection.

Now you will learn the ways of duct taping your engine together.

Don't remind me, I already had to make an engine once where I could switch between OpenGL and DirectX.

If I had to add a lot of data for things player can collect, say cards or something similar, how should I do that?
What's the smartest way that won't fuck me in the long run?

if you don't know than usually it's fine to just put it in an array
but really it depends on how you are going to change/acces that data
Honestly though you can pretty much just stuff it all into an array and worry about it later
The big thing that really makes it easier to change it later is to always access said array through functions so that if you do decide to use a different data structure you only have to change a few functions.

New thread when?

On page 13 you doublenigger

CrS, izzat you?

where?

How new are you?

I've been on here for a couple years now. What are you talking about?

Might have to do with the fact that I slept a total of 7 hours in the past 48.

I sleep that little pretty regularly, yet you don't see me being retarded when I do.
New threads aren't allowed to be made before the old one hits 700+ posts (ha) or page 13. It's in the fucking rules user.
>6. If you make a duplicate thread, it may get deleted, locked or bumplocked and you will be redirected to the already existing thread, provided the preexisting thread has not hit the bump limit. Continuation threads such as GamerGate x Edition, Video Game General #32 (i.e., threads about broad topics that are constantly remade) etc. will be deleted if they are made before the previous thread hits 700 posts or Page 13 to keep the front page from being cluttered with the same discussions.

Just last thread I got tempbanned for making it early.

I got a new thread ready to go, just waiting for the magic to happen

I don't play by the rules user

Contain yer autism

Do we need a jam? Just fucking make video games.

Hey term will that silly platformer thing work in zdoom? Still can't use gzdoom due to the retarded videocard requirements.