Game I like

Anyone else have this issue?
How do I stop playing shit games?

Other urls found in this thread:

theconversation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just get yourself to like No Man's Sky. Since the game is infinite, you'll gain godly taste in videogames.

You stop being an addicted magpie?

Magpies are cool birds, and you shouldn't be sullying them for cheap insults.

How does one stop being addicted to something, besides a hard, cold, stop?
How do I turn that to playing good games, instead of the shit ones?

Sounds like a sort of no true scottsman fallacy tbh fam are you sure you don't like those games?

Get some taste or be honest with yourself and embrace your shit taste

Sounds to me like you have a short attention span and lack skill.

Lemme guess, you're playing skinnerbox games?
Just delete them, you will not miss them in a day or two.

I suppose that might be so, but usually there's clear things I can point to and say "this is absolutely terrible game design, and I hate it".
I mostly spend time, I've noticed, in games with building in them. Specifically, ones I can decorate in. My two most played are Gary's Mod, and Terraria for that reason. In the case of Gary's Mod, that's mostly Dark RP. Terrible game mode, terrible community, but I do love refurbishing the desolate apartments.

And thus you find something you like about Gmod DarkRP. You can admit to liking a game you also think is shit. Its a question wither or not you like these games, not wither or not you think they're shit

I know what you mean, I always end up going back and playing The Sims games for much the same reason

Eh. I guess. Still, everything else is awful, and the interior decorating is hardly the focus.
Not that I want a game with a focus on interior decorating. There's no point in building a beautiful, say, police station lobby, if you don't use it.

Why are they shit just because they're short? I wish Transistor was longer but it's not "shit" for being short

Part of this could be due to the fact that it's harder to fine tune 100 hours of gameplay than it is to fine tune 10 hours of gameplay. There's something to be said for keeping it simple.

You apply yourself yoh stupid nigger, think about it this way:
-Instead of playing the same repetitive timesink like ASSFAGGOTS/MMOS/CRAPCUNTS for 10000 hours like a fucking normalfag who doesnt know anything else and doesn't want anything outside his routine, you could be using that time to play 100 games, each and every single one giving you a difference experience and make you feel anything besides that fake flashy grindy progress thats telling you to feel good but not making you feel good outside the first couple of times.

Even if something is not pick up and play, it gets better later as you learn the rules of the game

Make a backlog, check what personally draws you in the most in terms of atmosphere/setting/genre and just dive right in.
Just get a clean afternoon and start playing a game until you get into it.

Nigger, Terraria and Gmod are great games.
Just find time to play something outside them and go back to them from time to time.

Nigger I fucking MW2 and I have like 200 hours clocked into the multi of that shittu game because of my friends.
Never again

Brevity is the soul of wit or something

Gmod isn't really a game. Dark RP is a game, made in Gmod, which is more of the shell. And, unfortunately, Dark RP is shit.
Terraria I will grant you though. Even if I rather dislike the grind at times.
Eh, for a better example, let's say Fallout 4.
180, so far. Spend the vast majority of that building stuff.

Fortunately, I'm not that guy. Gave it a shot once, but didn't have the autism for it.

Depends on what your waste your efforts in.
Monopolizing the Gun market with a friend and taking over the city as the kiddies cry is fucking hilarious.
Jesus fucking Christ user, just go play Minecraft or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Good, that shit is worse than Fallout 4 and the community isn't much better, I'd rather waste all my time in Worlds.com than any of those at this point.

A lot of games these days have addictive aspects built into them to make up for the fact that they're complete garbage. Some are more subtle than others.

I mostly spend my time decorating and trying to stop tensions between those kiddies from exploding as an officer of the law. Up until an admin gets uppity because we arrested the guys raiding PD.

STALKER has no building, and Minecraft is shit. Also, doesn't really have the smaller interior decorating I desire.
STALKER is still one of my favorite games, though. Just a little limited in what you can really do after a few runs through.

So is Fallout 4 and that doesn't stop you nigger
Go play the Sims if you want interior decoration or fucking ARK .
Fallout 4 is garbage

OP, maybe you need to rethink what it means when you "like" or "hate" a game. More properly, just play the games you want to play, for whatever fucking reasons you want to play them, regardless of what anyone tells you is their opinion on how "good" or "bad" a game is. There are no such things as "shit games", just games that you either do want to play, or don't want to play.

Contrary to what a lot of faggots on this board will tell you, the types of video games you play have zero meaning or impact on even the TINIEST part of your life after you graduate high school. They're not a reflection of your personality, political beliefs, social standing, level of education or intelligence, or anything else. I guarantee there are millions of delicate outspoken liberal lesbians that play Call of Duty, and millions of brutish working-class men who voted for Trump, who cried while playing Undertale. There's millions of high-school dropouts who play Dwarf Fortress, and millions of geniuses who play Fallout. There's pants-on-head-retarded children who play 2hu, and adults with jobs and a high social standing who play Minecraft. There's probably a few Navy SEALS who knit or dance in their spare time; it doesn't fucking matter.

If you like the game, PLAY the game!

Do you get paid by the word?

Yes! I'm getting paid by the companies of every game I mentioned, and they don't even care about context. They just have bots that scan my posts for keywords. Watch me make like a grand:

Fallout New Vegas Overwatch Pokemon Half Life Doom Team Fortress Mount and Blade Animal Crossing Final Fantasy Mechwarrior MUGEN Morrowind Splatoon Dark Souls Starcraft Zelda

**So all those games I mentioned are now automatically shit.*

I'm also getting paid by Trump. He actually pays me extra. I'm getting like five MILLION dollars *pinky* to shill for him. It's a good racket.

Don't you shittalk knitting, though. Useful skill to know.

Knitting is good

nice psyop you fucking shill, reported to hotwheels :^)

I have a family of magpies that always come to my back door for food. They get bullied by Kookaburras though.

I wasn't. It's just not stereotypically seen as a "manly" hobby.

Sounds like you don't actually hate these games, personally it generally takes me about 1 hour to know if I like a game or not meaning games I don't like have ~1 hour played.
Borderlands is the exception here because of friends trying to get me into it and me wanting to like it for MP fun.

IKTF Dota and EVE are the only things that engage me. Everything else I drop after 2 hours.

Cowboy games are best games.

Stop playing games modeled after skinner boxes they will just make you sink your time then regret you wasted it for the rest of your life.

Call of Juarez is really, really shit though.

jesus user that's a whole working day.

Games either feel too short or too long nowadays theirs NEVER a happy medium (12-20 hours).

I only buy games on sale. the $60 Price tag Kills it for me on a lot of games so i just simply wait.

I like you, but this statement is objectively wrong.

Also, OP, the only time I've had that happen to me is when a friend dragged me into a shitty game. I bought the Rust 4 pack with some friends since it was dirt cheap. I played 106 hours and hated every minute of it. I gave it a chance, several times, way too many times, because my friends didn't really want to play anything else and because I could see some glimmer of potential for a decent game if the devs would just cut all the fat and give it some focus.

I ended up uninstalling it, and I only regret not having done it sooner. I don't care that it cost me less than $5, I want those 106 hours back.

when rust was first available a couple of my friends got it and one bought me a copy. it was actually not terrible. radiation and the zombies were actually not that bad to deal with, and it was a lot of fun for awhile to build a small camp near a city and conduct raids as fast as possible into the irradiated mess in the hopes of finding some gear. i got bored and uninstalled in 2014 or so i think

i reinstalled late last year and was just disgusted by what it's become. it's the definition of what is wrong with early access in general and the survival genre in particular. what a piece of shit. i am so glad that i didn't pay for it

fuck i have this issue too

Granted, I've played GGXXAC+R for years on other consoles before it finally came on PC so this may not be the best comparison

I suppose I shouldn't complain, since before this his big thing was Call of Duty. At least this one isn't more generic military shootan.

Bound in Blood is basically COD with a cowboy skin.
The original and Gunslinger are better games.

Still better than The Cartel, at least. Gunslinger was great though.

nigger please he needs to improve, not just swap one horrible thing for another.

Crows, their close relatives, are cool and even make tools. Magpies are horrible and just steal and divebomb people trying to have a good day in the park.

I don't think he'll ever really improve in this regard. I'm just glad it's something that's not irredeemably bad. It's bad, but it still has a cowboy with a robot arm and a blue chick with a fat ass, and it's pretty easy to get people salty.

Why do you keep opening up and playing games you hate? What makes you go back to playing them? Maybe those games aren't actually ones you hate?
Also just because a game is shit doesn't mean you can't enjoy them. Don't listen to Holla Forums about shit games fully- as it's too strict and spurgy with most of the shit they dismiss.

Obviously crows are better, but magpies are still cool. Better than, say, seagulls.
Anything from that family is good, but crows are always best.

Was it blue revolver?

Yeah, I just never have the energy to play it because I'm always playing fucking Overwatch, or just exhausted from work and other stuff.

forgot my fucking text

half of these hours are being autistic by myself when i was around ~11 the last 2k hours are just messing with darkrp servers since the community went down the drain in 2011 with the e-celebs fucking everything up

That's really the only one for me.

This feeling I know. I've spent far, far more time trying to mod the thing, than I have actually playing it.
Same deal with New Vegas, but at least that game's decent enough to survive a bit longer of actual play.

Because usually with a shorter game they throw in a lot of detail within those 10 hours, but the 100 hours is an artificial inflation filled with pointless colectathons for those cheevos, unbearably long cutscenes that can't be skipped and are now being disguised to where you can move around in them (See Skyrim), and they remove any methods you can use to immerse yourself in a different way than what they want.

I'm just laughing cause that's basically the exact same situation my friend is in. Down to a tee.

Huh. Same game and everything? Weird.

Without jews steam would probably have a message appear at exactly two hours of gameplay asking you if you want a refund.

I don't think you understand how words work, user.

My family of magpies are the bullies at my lot. I have a mum, dad and twins. I feed them so they wake me up in the morning kek

You can point to objective traits of game and say "This means the game is shit".

fucking come on this is the same argument twice! Magpies and seagulls can go extinct for all I care. Fuck both of them. Crows are better than both by so much that the difference between magpies and seagulls is insignificant.

More like, they may not be Aryans, but at least they're white.
I will give you that crows are a helluva lot better, though

?

Crows sound like shit in comparison to magpies
For a bird that technically isnt a crow it sure does sounds like one
Magpies on the other hand have that soothingly retarded bird call

Great tip this lad say'th. Include FPS memegame of the year to the timesink list.
Keep scavenging for those dusty games in the backlog, they are lonely and sad, and require your love and care.
THAT'S WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE ABOUT.

Severe depression lets you tolerate a lot of shit.

How the actual fuck do you even manage?

How the fuck did you last 10 minutes?
Like shouldn't immediately occur to you that the remastered is inferior to the original?

Even retards who genuinely enjoy Borderlands hate the Pre-Sequel. How did you manage that?

theconversation . com/bird-brained-and-brilliant-australias-avians-are-smarter-than-you-think-51475
Literally anything less than Magpie should be considered nigger tier, But Crows may be considered "honorary Magpies"

Crows literally do all of that, you dicksucking faggot. They even craft tools in the wild.

my aussie magpies get pushed around by these guys

Exactly why magpies are the niggers of the bird world. They even steal shiny shit and are often violent for no reason, killing blackbirds without bothering or intending to eat them afterwards.

They called a dog to chase a cat?

Let me correct you on your point.

Sincerely yours,
Retard that enjoys borderlands

Crows have dumb beaks.

You have a dumb beak, you homosexual.

I damn sure wouldn't put it past them, given that I've seen them do far more intelligent shit. They're also perfectly capable of mimicry.

Just guiding people through the game, and duplicating dozens of legendary weapons, grenades, shields, and class mods for people who weren't smart enough to figure out how the save file system worked. The games are like Encore salisbury steak. Hardly good, but just enough to keep you going. If the Boringlands 2 engine had been used to make any other "jump and run all over the environment while shooting shit and using magic powers" game, it would make for a damn fun game. Boringlands is just full to the back teeth with SJW bullshit and Plebbit-tier humor, made with Sega's money.

I only played the original, unfucked version of Homeworld in it, up through mission 3 or 4. Then I remembered the entire rest of the game, and didn't feel like running another CAPTURE EVERY FRIGATE AND CAPITAL SHIP IN THE GAME, THEN BURN DOWN THE ARMADA KEEPING ME FROM MY RIGHTFUL INHERITANCE campaign.

This so much. I've not played so many hours, but whenever I want to do some mindless mob shooter, especially one with a lot of different weapons, I find myself playing it again.
There's unfortunately not much out there that's like it, that's also decent.

Same reason I play The Binding of Isaac. Of all the wanna-be Rogue-type games, its RNG becomes less malignant as you unlock shit to break the game with. I don't play it to get all the achievements or anything, just to kill time and see if I can get some broken combination of bullshit to blow up the whole screen before I get halfway through a run. Holding the R key is how I spend about 6 minutes at the start of each playthrough.

Thank FUCK River City Ransom Underground is coming out today. I needed me some online multiplayer beatemup fun, after the SJW fucks who did the music for Scott Pilgrim got shitter-shattered about GamerGate, and revoked the license for their music, making it so that nobody could buy the game anymore. I think FUCKING GAMESTOP still has digital keys for PS3 for it, but I dunno about the DLC.

what the fuck
i didn't know those things ate other birds
t.strayan

Game length = quality? Not really.
A too long a game can overstay it's welcome.
Depends on game genre I guess.

There are only a few things that can actually mean a game isn't "good", and those are all issues that prevent you from actually playing it. So like the UI is so shit it's unplayable, or it's full of game-breaking bugs/glitches, or it's online-only and the servers crash. But if the game mostly works as the creator intended, it can't be "shit". It can only contain things that you, personally, do not like. That's what an opinion IS. That's what subjective IS.

Objectivity is simple hard facts. "Fallout 4 is a video game classified as an FPS shooter with minor RPG elements and some crafting/building bits, that is loosely connected to other entries in the franchise, and published by Bethesda studios." That is objective.

"Fallout 4 is casual; Fallout 4 raped the lore; Fallout 4 is for normalfags; Fallout 4 was published by assholes/Jews/SJWs/faggots." These are all opinions. Fallout 4 CANNOT be a "shit game", because it functions.

Basically, just because you think a food tastes bad, doesn't mean it's objectively bad, so long as it does what food is intended to do and provides nutrition. If a game works as a game, it cannot be objectively bad.

That's the stupidest fucking thing I've heard today, if your food smells like shit, looks like shit and tastes like literal actual shit then it's objectively bad food. It doesn't matter if it "functions" and provides nutrition, it's still bad food. Just because there's a few weirdos out there who would guzzle that shit down doesn't mean that taste is completely subjective. Stop being retarded

You end up feeling compelled to care about a game you like so you don't want to play it when you're not in the mood to care for it and play it gently and intently. You end up picking the "shit" game because there is less commitment and you can pick up and drop it at any time.

Are you farming in-game? I guess you have to much free time, get rid of the free time you have, it'll force you to make tough decisions or perish.

If it WAS actual literal shit, it wouldn't be nutritious. If it only smelled like shit, well, people will still eat it; don't believe me, google "durian fruit". People eat literally molded cheeses, insects, a variety of fungi, every single organ and tissue from many types of farmed animals, and regularly consume chemicals that plants evolved as POISONS (caffeine and capsaicin, aka what makes things spicy).

So, no, you're still providing a mere opinion. Just because you're an American whose palate doesn't go farther than hamburgers and pizza, doesn't mean that there are foods that are objectively "bad" just because you don't like the taste.

Crows are fine, but…
Raven is the pokemon evolution of Crow.

Mate you have way to much time on your hands if this is an actually serious problem for you.

I'll cut you.

Nigger… Modern Warfare.

Agree with everything you said. My reason being that I'm a truck driver and I'm hardly home, so I simply don't have time to sink a lot of hours into games and paying full price is a waste.

Pfff

Even retards who enjoy Borderlands 2 hate the Pre-Memequel

t. retard who enjoys Borderlands 2

This thread reminds me of happier 4/jp/ times with its bird love.

No, and nor do you. You're just not being honest with yourself about what you enjoy.

I wonder what happened to Aya is my waifu tripfag, one day he just stopped coming online

But thats an actual crow user, Not one of the Australian Crows that are technically Ravens but everyone calls a crow

I was actually thinking of Japanese Bird, and that one guy who liked to talk about nature, and how wonderful corvids were.

I have very fond memories of biology user, who would always explain fascinating phenomenons in nature while using little girls as examples

You like shit games, its alright. Just except it

Everyone ITT:

I like Bayonetta 2 a lot more than Bayonetta 1 but I've played the original more because I suck at it and was trying to get good.

tfw still suck…

Play games for enjoyment and not just to kill time.

I have only had this problem with Fallout 4. I put 200 hours into that game, insanely pissed off for the vast majority of it.

But I like the hate though, one day, I hope my rage grows to such an extent that it blots out the sun.

caw

Take your (((postmodernism))) and (((subjective relativism))), shove it up your ass, then kill yourself you disingenuous, subversive faggot.

good thing youre here to tell everyone what to think

You type like a faggot and are intellectually bankrupt.

I play what I want and stop playing when I'm not having fun. Lot's of people on Holla Forums claim to not like games they wasted 100 hours on. Nobody is forcing you to waste your time. It really just means you're stupid.

Everyone is right, depression will makes you tolerate shit. That game is good but not unless your autism is too much and you need to level all the gathering, crafting, and fighting classes. Even then there is the MMO bullshit of grinding for that new piece of gear by using tokens that cap weekly or pray to the rng gods and grinding out the super hard version of the fights.