Today I've beaten Castlevania SOTN with Hard Type patch. All you hipster faggots should do the same

Today I've beaten Castlevania SOTN with Hard Type patch. All you hipster faggots should do the same.

1. Get the game's image. It has to be NA version.
I got my image from my fucking game, but you faggots can search your favorite torrent trackers or pirate sites for it, it should be common.
2. Get the goddamn patch here
insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/80-castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-hardtype/
It's free, it doesn't need registration, it's as simple as clicking fucking DOWNLOAD button.
3. Patch your shit with ppf-o-matic
romhacking.net/utilities/356/
4. Fix your patched shit with ECCRegen
eccregen.software.informer.com/1.4/
Because apparently the author of the patch is fucking incompetent
5. Run your shit on your favorite emulator or your goddamn console

Report back with your shit pushed in.
It's still not really that hard, I'd say it makes game on par with Bloodlines and Rondo, but still nowhere near the anal annihilating classics like 1 or 3

Other urls found in this thread:

sotnhacked.wordpress.com/
volafile.io/r/acan3j30
mega.nz/#!7ZRCCKZb!K_XAsGFpS_b70m2XyhzwzAkaq4LmI6OhkMl62JJc39w
mega.nz/#!fYQklRYK!ZkVj8IHjUuUz6ep-61_Dq3MI63jhXi6dsWQR4oTD3MQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ECyGsJsaKWs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Whew if I could skip all the gameplay and go right to the cut scenes in games, I would. Those oldfag games had trash stories anyway. Fucking Dark Souls faggots pretending to be so cool because they play artificial difficulty games with no story.

I bet you're just too lazy to fiddle with the files.
I guess that's the part of the artificial difficulty eh?

that game was piss easy, what are you talking about?

Post your no hit walkthrough of it then, tough guy.
Better yet with subsequent no hit walkthrough of hard mode, while you're at it.

eh

Been meaning to play SOTN, but I heard the difficulty is a big flaw. I might do that.

Are we being raided again?

Well you'll be impressed what enemies can do when you don't one shot them.
For example Minotaurs actually have 3 hit combos that I never saw playing vanilla version.
Or Legion (or whatever its name was in sotn) has laser beam attacks.
Or Richter can actually use his special moves, like dashes and dagger attacks.

So yeah give it a shot.

By dagger attacks I mean his melee special attacks, not sub weapon.

Butto, Niggeru, why-desu ka?

Does it fix the shitty level design?

Found the hipster faggot

I'm not really interested. Call me when we're all playing the superior game.

Another hipster faggot detected.

nah nigga I ain't doing all these steps to try out some faggy romhack
Either actually sell me on it or upload a prepatched ISO.

Nobody is gonna spoonfeed your lazy ass, except maybe with cocks.
It's your loss to deal with.

Playing games hacked to be harder is gay. Video games are already a waste of time, but beating a fan-hacked game is just the most unbelievably meaningless shit ever.

I want ants to leave.

You're not a better person after playing a video game, but many other hobbies do build you up. What do video games give you? Hand-eye coordination? Reaction time? Don't act like this is a productive hobby.

Okay, OP, how does it actually play?

The what now? How the fuck reading a book or watching movie makes you better? What fucking hole did you crawl from? Wanna be a better person? Go work as a doctor assistant for free in some goddamn Africa.

You know how you don't have to know what enemies can do and how they react to your attacks in the vanilla because they just don't damage you as well as you kill them in one or two hits? Well now you do, like in actual fucking castlevania game.

You think books and movies are the only other hobbies? You're a sad pathetic waste of life. I bet you never see the sun.

What hobbies make one better and how?

why is the default sotn difficulty so easy? I compared playing this to order of ecclesia and portrait of ruin and it was waaay easier

Because it was an experimental game made on zero budget with limited amount of time.
They designed it around some default state of Alucard and them littered shit around the castle with little to no testing of it and slapped leveling system at the top.
Basically play with some basic equipment on luck mode to grasp more or less what they were going for initially.
Or just use the fucking patch.

This does not make you a better person, it makes you a more signally person.

Almost any hobby. Physical things like the trades or /k/\/out/ make you stronger and more practically capable. Meanwhile things that involve learning or thought, like reading or art, make you more well-rounded, learned, and mentally capable. Movies and TV are the exception to this rule, not vidya.

Capable of what? Hunting down boars to feed your tribe? Navigating the stars to not get lost in the great see with holds filled with spice?
You're fags are pretentious hipster faggots that are both useless for society and unfun to be around with. Why are you even on Holla Forums? Go fiddle your ego on some local roleplay con. Maybe you can even meet up and fiddle each other's ego in private.

What the fuck is this, OP?

What the fuck is this meme shit I'm seeing in the video. That's just tedious.

I bet you refused to do math in school because calculators.

Bait, a pinko would say nazi and not natsoc

What's the difference between this shit playing with no armor, fists only, and skipping HP ups in luck mode?

It is called learn to dodge you fucking idiot.
Imagine what bosses do to you.

You can do
on top of it.

I've already beaten the game on 360 and on a touchscreen smartphone. I've done my part.
you're being very hostile for some reason, OP. And I'm assuming you've changed IPs in the process to 2adb9a , who's acting just as condescending and hostile. It's nice that there's a mod for some extra challenge, but you don't have to be a dick about it.

uploading an iso to mega.nz is like, 15 minutes?

SOTN has all the sorts of dumps all around the internet, how can I be sure it's gonna work with my copy?

I don't voluntary change my ID, it happens somehow autonomously. If people can't tell I'm op just by how I post, it's their fucking problem.
Also fuck you.

There is something about checksum on patch page.

That's just fucking retarded.

What a shitty romhack. OP must be the creator because I refuse to believe that more than one person in this world is willing to play that trash.

No proof that OP has actually beaten the patched version.
Video proof from horse's mouth that he can't even get past the second room.
Calls people hipster for not conforming with him.

I do believe OP has a severe case of the AIDS.

One thong is actual difficulty, another being tedious because HPsponges and you being glass.

Its not hard, i'ts not fun, just tedious.

If I wanted a challenged (fair one) I would complete God Hand Hard Kick Me a 5th time.

Cool gonna try it out

I didn't know those were still a thing, neat.

Well to be accurate patch doesn't just inflate enemies' stats, it also alters defenses and attributes around. Skeletons are weak to blunt damage so instead of slashing them with starter sword you can easily kill them with summon spirit spell
The same applies to the rest of the game, it's not tedious if you properly use everything you have to deal with enemies, not just weapon with highest attack stat.

Another example is Galamoth, whose lightning attacks were made non-elemental so you could not heal off them, and they also inflict absurd damage. But on the flipside boss can be stunlocked if you just keep hitting him quickly enough. Thus weapons like chackrams and throwing sword make short job of him.
To counter that his HP was buffed to crazy amount, so in order to beat him you need to use all damage buffing items there are like ares ring or kings stone, naturally sacrificing your ability to take hits any further.
So in the end you need to keep wailing at him without getting hit and not allowing him to act at all.
But when you fight Death or Dracula you can't just stun lock them like that, so your tactic should be entirely different, especially since you can't easily skip Death's rotating skulls phase like you would on vanilla naked run.

And the entire game like that. If you compare it to naked runs the difference is that you actually have choice and variety at your disposal instead of using the same tactic against everything.

>you either keep switching IPs weapon types for every other enemy in the room or you're forced to hit them a million times
Like I said, a difficulty mod is not a bad thing in and of itself, it's just that this one is made by an autist, for an autist. It's like the Interplay of modding.

czech'd
If the argument here is that for the type of player who would partake in a naked run, this provides a better and more interesting challenge, sure I can see that. That's definitely not for me, but I can understand it.

I wish I could stop switching them tbh.

So like any classic castlevania game ever?

No, not like any classic castlevania game ever.
Just take the original Dracula fight:

It would be much simpler to provide the patched/fixed rom via a MEGA link, but I guess that wouldn't fully satisfy your "muh hardmode" faggotry.

Nope fuck that they're hard enough as it is.

Sod off with this mod, you cunt, anyone else, here, go and support this, as it's far more promising.
sotnhacked.wordpress.com/

On that note, here's Harmony of Dissonance with a few graphical changes, nothing special, but you might appreciate the changes applied to removing the fucking blue border aura crap.
volafile.io/r/acan3j30
It sucks that the only hacks for the DS games is a mod for Portrait of Ruin that changed Richter to Serio's Sprite for him from his Rondo of Blood one.
Dawn of sorrow needs a fucking retranslation patch, plus a fix to the Malachai/Cthulhu issue,(they actually fucking repeated it somehow) a fix for the fact that you can do a Celia encounter FROM THE WRONG LOCATION and it cuts off the sprites in the cutscene, and DOS's godawful speed in comparison to AOS. Actually, fuck it DOS needs a hack that makes it more AOS like, the speed in that game is abysmal, using large weapons is the ultimate antifun in that, you can forget the loadout switching, the fucking speed is ass.

But to be fair, we will never:
Oh right, lastly, the CV game actually has you go through the motions of a vampire kill, unless you're using hard to get holy items which have a quality that causes instant vampire death, (Otherwise the vampire may use whatever shapeshifting ability it has to escape, kinda like the fucking timestop rabbit or some rare monsters in Igavania's do when you meet them)

OP is a faggot who is half-assing the thread.

Something went very wrong itt. There goes mega
mega.nz/#!7ZRCCKZb!K_XAsGFpS_b70m2XyhzwzAkaq4LmI6OhkMl62JJc39w
mega.nz/#!fYQklRYK!ZkVj8IHjUuUz6ep-61_Dq3MI63jhXi6dsWQR4oTD3MQ

They make my dick hard all right.

The thing you posted though is old news and we'll be lucky if it even gets some partial release in the next 10 years. NEVER EVER

I haven't really played them, but doesn't The Adventures of Van Helsing do that, Mr Satin?

Oh right, I nearly forgot to mention, the most important things of an Igavania on a modern system
Complete. Fucking. Removal. Of the godless feature they put in where if something isn't on the screen, it's A.I stops. This is somethign I've noticed in a handful of the Igavania games, and I can only presume it's a part of performance keeping, because otherwise it wouldn't be there, and it's capricious nature shows especially on the DS games, where you only have a small field of view to work with, which is the fucking worst thing ever, now I know CV games do have a limited space of stage visibility, but I noticed it getting smaller and smaller to such a degree it affects enemy placement outright, and detracts from means to interact with A.I movement/fighting patterns effectively ingame, and it is one of the worst things to deal with, Especially for things like AoE attacks you as a player may make I.E Using Hydro storm as Juste in the GBA version and not hitting fucking everything local, that might work for a classicvania for obvious reasons, but there's no fucking room for it in an iga, they're not even generous enough to give you a few extra -offscreen spaces of effect in those, and it is some of the worst shit because it feels like total waste.

A modern Igavania wouldn't have that, at least not so it was detrimental to gameplay features or the simply act of carefuly dealing with a foe past your level that has tricky movements pushing you to near it off-screen slightly in back-tracing as it follows you opposed to literally freezing and resuming once in view, which can lead to uncessary damage if it was frozen mid-attack by going off screen.

On the note of off-screen freezing, it's something not limited to all opponents, but there is the feature of stage movement, some enemies fly around and out of map boundaries, some stay in the confines, some can walk off platforms in aim of reaching a player, and some stick to the stage they're placed on.

Personally, I do like it when the skeletons freeform and actually jump off their platforms of origin to get a player because it is something they did in the older classicer titles, but it sucks that Devs don't actually give them compromising chokepoints to work from opposed to freeform as they fight. Then there was a general lack of the whip skeletons in Igavvania's I noticed later on, those fucks always get you and were goof for lategame enemies because it's hard to estimate the whip length until it's thrown. More of them would be nice.

Lastly, Igavania needs death pits once more, especially the fucking clock towers, that + the spike medusa head combos are anal clench hell, and I need more of these sphincter exercise programs.

Oh right, and the classic gameover sound and death effect where one slumps on their ass needs to return. Fuck that explode fade into blood then game over screen shit, that should occur for massive damage or something, or maybe a variant, because that playing over the music stopping was a good.

Also, less of that cry statue making blood skeletons shit they carried over from the CV1 remake Chronicles thing, yeah, we get it was a reference to Bloody tears, and it's appreciated, but Blood skeletons were supposed to be used in tangent with other monsters to make things difficult, they're more of an obstacle, akin to Medusa heads, It sucked that later games just had them sort of show up as a minor inconvenience opposed to their original use.

Taking over 1/2 max HP in damage will cause insane knockback, that was always a thing even in vanilla, it's used in a couple of the speedruns.

You both are plebians.

Don't be such a tease. They have the best animations, one of my favourite enemies in the game for that alone.
the lewd is the other one of course

You got me curious, what was broken in that game? Aria has one to fix the stupid weapon name translations but they're mostly fine in Dawn.

They actually had one part where they make you hit your way through a crowd of the things, it's before Galamoth.

Yes thy actually have their small titties bouncing, that and succubus having bot her tits and vagina completely exposed.
Aria also had a bunch of nude monster gilrs in it, but due to even lower resolution it was even less noticeable.
Shit wouldn't fly today with rabid SJWs everywhere.

Lmao, call me lazy all you want but I'm not putting in the effort to install a romhack so shit that it requires an entire extra step of fixing the iso it breaks because of how shit it is. Plus with the video posted it turns out it's just a "wow I bloated enemy health and damage, so hard lmao" hack so it's not even worth the effort.

Well from what we've seen not even the OP played the romhack he's shilling past the first few rooms so whatever you say :^)

Actually there are two translation/bugfixes for AOS as far as I recall.

So far I've noticed the Cthulhu/Malachai error and two other things, though I can't recall now in DOS.

Additionally, I -think- that there are differences in the EU version of DOS and the NA one, because I distinctly remember getting that knife that lets you bypass the nail doors earlier on opposed to the one I'm playing right now, which if is the case, means the NA version takes that much longer to skulk through without that fucking knife in question.

Oh right, now I remeber, one of the other problems I'm havign with DOS IS THE UNHOLY DROP RATE
Like, if you are not wearing the fucking lucky 7's jacket, rare ring, and the using the dancer soul YOU WILL NOT GET DICK in the way of luck to such a degree that it is impossible to do anything in the game without using a luck-based build, which sucks so much ass, because I at least wanted to play with the option of all the unique items and weapons the game has to offer opposed to endlessly trekking around the abandoned culttown/castle which was never touched upon plotwise because Dracula ded, so what the fuck even

No and fuck you, drive through.

You mean the one with the warp attack that lets you press switches on the other side of doors, and do succubus warping? I think it'd be pretty well known to speedrunners if available earlier.

Also on the topic of retranslations there's one for SotN as well. Lacks the charm of the "localization" though it does fix the item names that I was bitching about earlier.

If it's anything like Aria, the luck stat is worthless. Just use the rare ring and soul eater ring as needed. Alternatively look for a 100% file if you're using an emulator or flash card.

I'd say try cheats if you have a flash card but the one time I tried (some 100% soul drop code, and one to make the seals draw automatically after a line) it made Rahab's fight break hilariously. You could still beat him but it was much harder. Can't say if it affected the game beyond that.

If you guys want SOTN with original voices just play PSP version, it has all three voice sets available, including jap.

Niggers it's like fucking skeletons are strong against slashing damage and weak to blunt damage. How dense are you?

AoS > HoD > CotM

Alraune are great.

CotM is the worst Metroidvania.

Are you a retard?

I was in the other thread and, after playing the patch for a while, it's unbalanced as shit. On the other hand, it's nice to see features you hardly see in the vanilla version, like Alucard getting blown away by strong attacks. The problem is that it happens with a fucking zombie if you don't have armor on, for example.
I think it's more fun than the vanilla, specially after playing the vanilla a lot of times, but once you get geared up it becomes the same old walk in the park anyway.

This place really lost it's touch. I mean, sure, I don't like the "be an ass for the sake of being an ass", but there are plenty of faggots ITT.
You're a faggot too.

The Romhack gave been there forever. I had it on my PC for years but never played it until some weeks ago.

I agree with most of this post. I think it's fun because you have to be careful with your stuff, but as I said, the patch is hardly balanced.

Luck seemingly does work, here, you literally would NOT get rare item drops or souls without it, nevermind souls that I think you need to progress in some cases.

Neat, a legend that evolved from auto-erotic asphyxiation

Also DOS is shit no matter what you do to it. Why even play it when AOS exists, it's just an inferior version of the same game.

Well shit in the inverted castle still can kill you in 2-3 shots with alucard mail, twilight cloack and witch hat. And if you wear those +15 def necklaces your damage tanks making shit like Death or Galamoth unkillable.
It's fun at the beginning and near the end, mid game being more or less the same. At least if forces you to shuffle around and change your equipment all the time.

Yeah, is that right? I shoot guns for fun while you're locked in your basement endlessly playing games, I'll come over to your house and blow your fucking brains out, one shot with perfect aim, what the fuck are you gonna do about it? Fuck a gun, I'll beat your ass, I lift and know basic fighting skills, I'll break as many of your bones as I want. Fucking pansy-ass, you'll kill yourself in ten years when you think about how much of your life you wasted on video games, this isn't a joke, you have ONE LIFE and you're wasting away. Maybe I should come find you, put you out of your misery.

Eh?
youtube.com/watch?v=ECyGsJsaKWs

Also, A while back I found some sort of Castlevania classic where Dracula went and got in on the fucking New world pirate craze in the carribean and turned Castlevania into a massive fucking Pirate ship, and I have no idea how to find it.

I agree withe the fact that AOS is better, but DOS have it's own merits, one of them being the really damn good soundtrack.
Also, I still have to get to the inverted castle, but I tell you there are bullshit enemies like those 3 books in the library.

Sounds fun.

Is it really?
Ok wow, somehow they didn't bother more details or animation frames into this resolution, instead they switched fur coat for armored anime boots because those are easier to draw.
Now this is straight bullshit. What aspects? Less spells, less weapons, less everything, but oh gosh you gotta draw them line on touch screen real fast or else boss will just not die no matter how good you actually perform against it.
Ok I give you that, music in DOS is good, in fact I like it more than AOS.

Is "Hard Mode" locked to Richter mode, or is it still pleb-tier Alucard mode?

That being said I dunno, I don't like playing as richter. Even if it does you still can dagger dash and hydro storm your way to victory through everything like usual I imagine.

Yeah, alchemy lab and lost billage are the most different. Sure, most areas are just some minor changes from AOS, but the resolution makes for it, they feel a lot different, like Demon Guest House to Inner Quarters.
If you can't really tell the difference from GBA resolution to DS resolution then you must be blind, regardless of art style choices.
Bullshit. Spells get stronger the more sould you have. Sure, you can argue that it needs more grinding, but it's there. You also have the "Use souls to make weapons" with Yoko, there are more Souls combinations, you have the hidden souls like Big Foot's
I bet you played on emulator.

Item crashes depend on your hearts, though, and I think Richter have a lot less HP than Alucard in all instances and he doesn't have healing moves.
Richter is a glass canon.

I can see resolution jump in PoR or OoE, but DoS just looks like sharper stretched less detailed version of AoS I'm sorry.

Well I didn't took into account spell progression, so if you want to count upgraded versions as separates - maybe, but as far as armor and weapons variety go even with crafting accounted for, I'm still pretty sure AOS has flat out more actual armors and weapons.

Emulator or not it's still stupid fucking gimmick. I don't even remember what touch screen in PoR and OoE did, so organically it was implemented. I never felt there is any problem with it.

OP is a faggot who can't play videogames, let alone an increased difficulty mod.

Since DOS have the same resolution of PoR and OoE, I don't see any fucking difference. In fact, PoR and DoS characters have more or less the same height and presentation.
I'm not really saying DOS is better than what it is, it's obvious that it's a cash grab to harvest AOS success with a lot of questionable decisions, but I excuse it because it was a device test, like CotM was. The setting of the story and characters wasn't even that bad, it was the anime plot and art that ruined it. Julius Mode in particular could have been a lot better if they included Hammer.
I'm not entirely sure. Looking at the wiki, they both have around the same amount of souls. Couldn't count the items but it also seems the same. You can go and look at it for yourself.
As I said, I excuse it because it was a device test. They just wanted to find an excuse to use the touch screen, and while I agree with the fact that it's an stupid gimmick, it's not really hard to fail if you use an actual stylus.
Nothing in OoE, except navigate the menus, I think, and in PoR you used it in the sister's mode. Nothing more.

It's ok, op, you don't have to pretend to be a tryhard just because you suck at videogames.
Just enjoy vidya for what it is, the Easy difficulty is there for a reason ;) .

Why is DS emulation so shitty?

Use no filters, use the dynamic recompiler set to 5-10 or whatever you feel comfortable with that doesn't remove too many menus, and hope for the best.

Don't forget the Richter sprite romahck tho.

Now we know the origins of all SJWs.

That's pretty gay tbh. You can already tailor make a perfectly comfy difficulty level in luck mode by going naked or equipping shit items, skipping HP ups, sequence breaking, etc.

If somebody wants to make an interesting hardmode patch all they need to do is disable leveling and make HP ups worth 1 HP

No thanks.

That doesn't explain why the most basic enemy attacks send you flying like you just got rammed by a charging rhino made of steel.

That looks terrible.
This also looks terrible

bump

good job kid, now clear a real castlevania game, like x68k or III

This thread proves that neo Holla Forums is real. What the fuck is wrong with all you faggots who shitposted in this thread? What are you trying to prove or achieve? It seems like OP posted some shitty small romhack and jokingly called you hipster fags and you all got infuriated and had arguments the whole thread about fucking NOTHING. What did you achieve? It wasn't even god damn funny. Go back you 4cucks and reddit fags, you have ruined this place. If you haven't migrated during the first wave you're a cuck.

Back in my days if you didn't like a thread you'd either put some effort into making fun of it or you'd ignore it.

Other than Lords of Shadow these are the only two I haven't played, which do I need to play right fucking now?

PoR is more like SoTN. Ecclesia is a bit different, I haven't played enough of it to say how in detail.