Nintendo of America Co-Founder Alan Stone Dead at 71

R.I.P
Alan Stone done his last Barrel roll
breitbart.com/tech/2017/02/23/nintendo-of-america-co-founder-alan-stone-dead-at-71/
Alan Stone, the industry legend that brought Nintendo to the United States, has died of cancer at 71.
Without Alan Stone, we might still be unfamiliar with iconic titles like Donkey Kong. As a co-founder of what would eventually become Nintendo of America, Stone was instrumental in the localization of the Japanese company’s earliest forays into the video game industry. Along with Ron Judy, Stone formed Far East Video, a company “bootstrapped” to Nintendo, in order to bring its coin-op titles to Western shores. By 1982,
Along with Ron Judy, Stone formed Far East Video, a company “bootstrapped” to Nintendo, in order to bring its coin-op titles to Western shores. By 1982, Donkey Kong had moved an almost unprecedented 60,000 units to bars, hotels, restaurants, and arcades.
Stone was also President and CEO of SEGA Entertainment from 1994 to 2004, and has served on the boards of multiple electronic entertainment companies since. In an interview that highlighted his work at NanoTech, he called Nintendo and SEGA “magnificent places to work” and talked about the institution of a “third-party development system” as one of the highlights of his career.

good

what do ya know, NOA had cancer since day one.

When Will someone big at Sega die?

Why didn't he take reggie with him?

He is one of the reasons for Nintendo's success and legacy, why you gotta be edgy?

For what reason?

Good.

He just did, Alan Stone was also a CEO at Sega.

Go with God.

Does this mean we're not donating enough money to AGDQ?

If you had asked past me what I would be doing in 2017, I don't think he would have said "making gay furry reaction images."

F

Hopefully, Nintendo itself next.

Oh, are you one of those people who still thinks that Sega is redeemable in some way?

Fucking finally. He lived too long but at least it was a painful one.

He is the reason why NoA is as cucked as it is.

Good! Crash the industry and leave the kikes behind.

Fuck's wrong with you people?

Paving the way for Nintendo's earlier games (which regardless of how you feel about them now were pretty damn influential) to prevail globally, popularising the third party development system, AND fuelling one of the best console competitions between the Genesis and SNES far outweighs any later """""cuckery""""" or """"""kikery"""""" he may have committed.

You're a retard and your post is shit, but you still speak good english.
I'm assuming you're a canadian fuckface?

Nope. Not even close.
Nice ad hominem by the way, real engaging shit.

grow up
if nintendo was still number one games wouldn't be anywhere near as big as they are now and would still be for children.
thank sony for making gaming a little more adult

You can appreciate what Nintendo did in the past without supporting their current actions.

I do the same with Sony all the time.

yes but consider this:
Nintendo fucked over more people and more devs in the day then anyone else in the industry.
They stole code, buried other companies and ripped off devs. Their company thrives on the refusal to change anything. They throw a new gimmick at consumers and people gobble it up.
Nintendo isn't this shinning beacon of how great games were, they were a pretty shitty company who didn't care about screwing people over, like they tried to do with Sony and the Playstation.

Will Chibi do another mock funeral service?

Literally nobody's said they were.

All I ever said was that Alan Stone did some pretty major shit that essentially shaped the industry, and those things should be respected.

Imagine your favourite actor stars in a shitty movie. Do all the previous movies you loved by him automatically become shit? Of course they don't.

No, but you understand he made a shitty movie and you don't gloss over that fact. If you remember one good movie that doesn't make the actor good. If the actor directly attempts to sabotage another actor or crew members career, that is worth mentioning.

Of course, but likewise I think you're glossing over the good in order to accentuate the bad.
Maybe we're both guilty of it, or maybe we've both come to seperate conclusions based on the same evidence like rational adults.

Sony was not the good child in that situation either. They wanted to bank on the ip ownership loophole to acquire nintendos ips, they used that method to keep hold of ratchet and clank from insomniac. And some of the things about nintendo are conjecture and he said she said, though I have no doubts that they have fucked over devs before, but there are very few companies who have not. Ever see ubisofts and eas treatment of employees?

Bullshit, it was the other way around Sony tried to fuck Nintendo. I'm not saying Nintendo hasn't fucked over devs and utilized underhanded business tactics, but that wasn't one of those times. Nintendo were colossal idiots and signed onto that deal with Sony without reading all the fine print, the fine print which basically said Sony would've have complete control over the platform and all licensing would've gone to Sony , Nintendo rightfully realized this would've completely muscled them out of the business and did everything they could to get out of the deal.

I don't know what you're talking about but it sounds like a crock of shit. I don't like modern Nintendo's plan with Amiibos and all the DLC fuckery, but they do change their gameplans and offer new things from time to time.

And?

Who the FUCK dies in their early 70s these days?

everyone you love

Fuck that faggot, vidya was doing just fine without nintendo "saving" it.

Actually that's bill trinen, he uses his position to bring those types of people in. He's basically the purpose of a diversity hire minus the melanin.

Nigger NoA has been cucked since inception
If anything they have toned down now but people are actually wising up to their shittiness.

Look into bill trinen's history and who he has personally advised into hiring into the treehouse department and translation team. He's a bad egg, man.

Why, Nintendo? Why didn't you keep it up??

I don't disagree with your opinion on Bill Trinen, I am just saying that NoA was fucked before he arrived, though his existence certainly doesn't help.

Don't worry user, at least it's funny and speaking of funny, nobody knew this Stone guy like they knew Iwata so I don't think a lot of people would care.

sauce

>>>/gaschamber/

Wew lad!

I'm not gonna blame the founder for what the place has become now.
rest in piece Alan, you were a pretty cool dude, even if your legacy ends up tarnished thanks to what its become now.

You furries are all the same. When push comes to shove you have no argument.

How about you either sage or post related to the topic?

Damn it user, it still hurts.

It's Konami though, and they're also making a low-effort version to get weeb NEETbux.

now he can barrel roll in his grave

Do you think he pulled some Portal shit and had them download his brain onto a Switch?

Good, rest in piss console enabler.

This is why we shouldn't let niggers in, they just end up ruining everything.

IWATA IS DEAD LMAO XD

Thank god.

Get the fuck back on >>>/facebook/ chad

Should've taken Reggie with him.

When's the last time you played and enjoyed Wizardry 1?

Who the fuck cares? People die every day.

How's your SJW gaming?

Bonus.

The same can be said for the retards who post smug anime pictures