What is Holla Forums's opinion of this game? Buy, rent, skip?

What is Holla Forums's opinion of this game? Buy, rent, skip?

Skip

You're a faggot but in the end you're right.

Garbo

pirate.

Play PoR or Sacred Stones instead.

Pirate and if for a strange reason you liked it, buy the nip version, so that the devs can buy white rice

Pirate it then play the other games in the series to see how much better they are.

What about this game?

CFW and pirate

don't bother.

Awakening and Fates are shit. Play the old FEs.

Pirate it, retard and then don't play it because it's shit

Pirate. It is not really good though so if you don't have a CFW 3DS just skip.

Conquest has some alright maps but other then that would not even waste my time. If you must get the fan translation or at least the undub.

I would recommend genealogy of the holy war,all the GBA games and the Tellius duology over either of them.

Pirate it and the DLC.

Buy

Wait for a sale on the eshop for all three versions

Pirate

This was one of the few games I had on the 3DS before I sold the unit. If you can pirate it play it because I don't think it's worth any money. No one who was staffed on the project cared and it showed.

mfw even if they decided to make FE good again they'll remake IV and ruin it in the process.

Pirate

lol
Yeah, no. We're trying to get OP to save his money and have better taste than you fucks.

PIRATE

I'm going to go against the Holla Forums hivemind and say Fates isn't terrible, in general.

Throughout all the games: The gameplay is a huge upgrade from Awakening and probably one of the better systems in the series. You get a wide variety of unit types, but none of them feel especially good or bad (barring some of the more obscure ones, like the Merchant), they balanced the pairing system that was introduced in Awakening to make it useful, but not overpowered. And I like that weapons aren't in objective tiers anymore, and they all have strengths and weaknesses to go along with using them, generally.

As for individual versions.

Birthright doesn't have much in the way of interesting map design, being the game that was meant to gauge how interested people actually were in the objectiveless levels Awakening had, but the characters are mostly alright, the story isn't terrible (typical 'kill the evil invading king' Fire Emblem plotline').

Conquest has the best maps of the the three, with actual interesting objectives to complete and it isn't braindead easy all the way through it, unfortunately it came at the cost of having probably the worst story of the series, nothing the main character does makes any logical sense, constantly asking "why are you doing this daddy" when said daddy has never been anything but cartoonishly evil. Characters are hit or miss, some of them are terrible, some of them are great.

Revelation is weird and bad. It has unique objectives for all the maps like Conquest, but they're almost all terrible. The story goes against the Fire Emblem tropes the most, but it's as much a pile of nonsense as Conquests was. Also dumb, the game doesn't do a good job at all of giving you units at appropriate levels, almost everyone you get is either too strong or too weak relative to the enemies your fighting. The only good thing I can really say about it is you get almost all the characters from both Birthright and Conquest, which is a lot of them.

I'd say Conquest > Birthright >>> Revelation, with Revelation the only one I'd say is not good and not worth anyone getting.

Just pirate it, but don't expect anything spectacular from any of the three routes.

It's fucking boring, there's no diversity in map lay outs most of it is neutral 0% land so pure stat DPS always wins and if you minimax 2 units to be the only EXP hogs you'll quickly find they completely beat everything.
The extra difficulty is just a subtle way to make you buy the grinding DLC since without it your always going to be out stated on again maps without any strategy in them while they have skills that you can't even get (100% chance of always half damage and the like) and the only other way to do it is to get a daily intake of like 2 level ups from random map encounters.
If you have to play it on the first available hardest then if it tickles your pickle pirate the DLC

This one is just cancer. It's clearly 1 game split into multiple and no matter how much nintendo tries to claim they couldn't fit it on a card everything hackers have found proves it clearly wrong.

Fucking kill yourself holy shit.

Pirate

Pirate it you retard.

Kill yourselves, goon faggots.

BUY THE WAY DON'T MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUY THE GAME. IT'S FAIRLY GOOD.
The game is fine. Shilled to oblivion, but good.

Retards are to be purged, not heard.

So is the worst part of this game just the pairing system making it too easy?

it's shit

Why is she a cat?

I DON'T WANT TO PIRATE VIDEO GAMES

How likely is that, really? I'm not too familiar with the eshop. FE:A is about $40 on Amazon used so are Nintendo really going to drop the price like that?

You're recommending Fate over Awakening? I've never actually played any games from this series. I was kind of looking into it because I'm a Vandal Hearts/ FF:Tactics fan.

Why?

I'm getting a shit load of nays from this thread, and I'm wondering whether this is Nay to this game or the entire series as a whole. Bear in mind I've played literally no Fire Emblem games at all. I'm willing to accept suggestions on other games if they're good. I've got a 3DS/WiiU setup at the moment.

Yes

Because it's hotter that way

It's better than fates.
However, Conquest has the best designed maps, apparently.

What's the best way to build Robin after Grandmaster? Same with Chrom and Great Lord.

Get them Astra and Galeforce.

That's definitely shit.

How? Obviously I can't breed it into Chrom and Robin.

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

The game is fun OP. But do what >>11998596 and said so that Nintendo doesn't get any money from you. Also, Tharja is the best girl in the game and the most purest waifu ever.

I agree with what for the most part except for the Revelation part. I think Revelation is a fun route. Not as good as Conquest, but better than Birthright IMHO.

rent

FTFY

Ignore and play something better.

Worth at least a quick run through if you already own a 3DS, especially since piracy is so braindead easy now you wouldn't even have to pay for it or any of the DLC. The only flaw I could never excuse was the difficulty levels. "Hard" plays like Path of Radiance's international easy mode, it's an utter joke once you get a few levels under your belt. Lunatic basically demands that you grind in the beggining but the vanilla grind spots scale dramatically in level on that difficulty with each battle you successfully complete so you pretty much need DLC to do it. Lunatic+ absolutely requires you to use cheese MC builds and nothing but the strongest units because normal-ass enemies are given broken, unobtainable skills.

The "Conquest" version of Fates fixed this and actually struck quite a good balance if you played it on hard. Unfortunately Fates was butchered in localization and the story even in its original form is utter shit while Awakening was at least passable on both those fronts. IS takes one step forward and Treehouse drags them two steps back. I'm hoping (((Echoes))) still retains the difficulty levels of Conquest (at least as an option) because if they drop this Pokemon model for future games then I could totally see the gameplay just reverting to Awakening levels while the writing is still fucked in the ass when it comes overseas.