Who else picked up Ys Origin on PS4

Who else picked up Ys Origin on PS4

My first Ys and i'm fucking loving it. The ragnarock style art and gameplay that feels like a solid Dreamcast jp game is my goddamn jam.

But who else picked it up? reminds me a little of Witch and the Hundred Knight in a way which probably emulated it.

i dont want to get into the Ys franchise. If i get into it in a later entry i will most likely not be able to play the older entries, and the older entries just look too shitty for me.

from 0 to /a/, how ANIME is the series?

is it out?

I already own Ys Orgin on PC. Is a fun action game.

I just went on PSN today and the main page was a big "GET IT BEFORE THE 10TH FOR A FREE DYNAMIC THEME" and before that i had no idea it was out yet.

Fun though, feels like a solid turn of the century weeb dungeon crawler.

does the theme have music?

I'm waiting for the Vita release. I already own it on steam but I plan to rebuy.

Play the rest of the series and the other games made by the same devs, Nihon Falcom, because they will feel the same way to you. Check the Falcom thread.

From what weebs i know have said its, and i know this phrase i cringe as fuck now bare in mind this was like 6 years ago, that 'Ys is the Dark Souls of dungeon crawlers'.

Personally it feels like ragnarock, evolution the world of sacred device and grandia had a baby.

Yeah its comfy as fug.

btw Origin is much of an JRPG, its more about the boss fights that makes it fun.

is it rock music? The only theme that had some rock music was that J-Stars theme.

Kill those retards please. They only have in common the gente, Plus Ys is harder

its the soft jrpg music that played on the main menu and the menu icons all become ornate atelier looking jrpg stuff.

I think they were just talking about movement focussed boss fights instead of the more traditional jrpg 'stand and trade hits' the first guy thats basically a movement tutorial is a good 'dont spam fucker' teacher.

Already got the PC version, I'll pick it up when the vita version comes out tho. Looks like it will be the last Ys game I actually pay for since Falcom decided to give the series to NISA.

If you're wondering if you fit in yet, you don't

aww

Being an american that hates western games must be suffering.

it is.

Feels real fucking good.

It's like Russian roulette but the bullet is a good localization. But oh well, I finally started learning jap and I'm saving more money.

IS THIS A HUGE SIMULATOR?

You forgot 8-4

You're right, I did. Feels real fucking good not having to rely on shit translators.

Also, in-house "localization" directors or teams, looking at you Monster Hunter 4.

Remember, piracy is always a valid option when shit translation becomes rampant in a company.

Thank god Monster Hunter is piss easy to play with zero knowledge of japanese, also the japanese community isn't nowhere near as shit at the games as the western community.

SJWeebs who move to Japan and sucker up to companies are cancer.

Je sui un monte xD

i'm joking I totally get if someone doesn't think Ys 1 and 2 look good but I thought they were great.

pics related is how anime it is. When you go into the options you get a Desktop Waifu and in Ys: The Oath in Felghana she get's new outfits when you beat the game on harder difficulties.

beat the poison boss and made it to the poison water area, dis gun b gud.

Already have it on PC. Wouldn't buy a fucking console, I'd rather wait 10 years and emulate it.

To think I actually managed to beat that fucking boss on Nightmare. Horrible waste of my time, wouldn't do it again.

I played it on PC like 7 years ago, it's the only good Ys game in my opinion.

How is this better than Felghana?

It's just better on every way and has actually likeable MCs.

Fuck you Dogi best MC after Adol.

Enemy placement and map design while not having maps that consist of 1 room make it much better. The combos you get off and the reward pickup system is very refined. The bosses also have much better shot patterns and you get 4 movesets to play with.

Origins is the best Ys game. It's same to say if you don't like Ys to begin with it'll be the only good Ys game.

Should I play Origins before or after Seven? playing felghana atm

It doesn't matter so long as you play it after 1,2,6 and Felghana.

Origins is apparently a prequel to everything.

Can confirm

I know it's a prequel, but since you guys are saying it's the best Ys I thought maybe I should save it for last as I've played all the other ones at least once except Celceta and 8, pc version when

Man its my first and going 'okay that boss killed me but i can body them now' is giving me another Nioh style fix with qt ragnarok style art. I'm having an amazing time.

Release order motherfucker.

Celceta can be already be played on PC with an English patch and a 60 fps mod. 8 Has been recently confirmed for PC.

Nice. So its origins > seven > celceta then. As soon as I stop getting raped by dual-wielding edgelord Chester, anyway

Just play Origins first, everything else pales in comparison.

He ain't the hardest boss in his own game. Hope you brought lube.

It's more that he's just annoying with all the jumping around and countering he does. It's the second fight btw, I just got here.

IMO the Nightmare boss rush of Chester 2 was the hardest Fight in the game. You only have one opportunity to attack him safely "after he does that long energy stab move" and it's random whether or not he will decide to attack instead of leaving himself open like he should.

Exactly. And I always try to go fast and end up overextending, it's getting me a bit flustered.

Finally beat the fucker. This is so satisfying

Made it to the electric centipede boss and gave it a go before calling it for a break, i'll be damned if this isn't a really, really fun game.

Took me a while on nightmare, then again I was drunk when I first got to that boss. I cleared it after sobering up. Origins is the most fun one I've played (didn't play 7, 8 or Celceta). The end boss seemed to be easier to me than some other Ys final bosses though.

TOP KEK. I barely noticed the blood effects in my game (I played the GoG version) yet this is pushing it to a retarded level of censorship, considering it's still rated T by the kosher offices. Even more when you consider teens can easily have access to ISIS propaganda videos on the internet.

Is there no option to enable that? I know I had to manually enable it in the PC versions of all PC Ys games.

Well fuck, falcom just doesnt give a shit

Dumb idea: The porting team somehow made the game lag with all of the blood so they toned it down

So how are Celceta, Seven and Lacrimosa compared to Origin and Felghana?

Just finished Yunica's campaign and now I'm playing as Hugo. I'm liking the new playstyle.

we are already seeing the impact on ys when xseed are not involved.

Is there even any visual difference between this new version and the original PC release?

True widescreen support.