What should Bethesda/EA/Ubisoft/Other big dev do to completely redeem themselves in your eyes?

What should Bethesda/EA/Ubisoft/Other big dev do to completely redeem themselves in your eyes?

Is there something that could actually make that happen?
I'd say that if Bethesda brought Fallout back to its RPG roots and made an actual good Fallout game I'd probably pardon them.

Kill themselves in fire

Fire all jews and nonwhites and never make another game about liberal ideologies ever again. And then make a game with gameplay worth playing.

Make good games and keep making good games
Also stop jewing people with DLC

If Bethesda made a TES game with:

Then I would pardon them.

Just follow this 5 step plan
1)Make fun game
2)Take all the filler you were planning to add and throw it in the trash
3)Take that political/social/religious message you were planning to add and throw that in the trash too
4)Take the level/storyline you removed from the game to package as DLC, and put it back into the fucking game
5)Sell for a one time payment of $60 or less

Honestly, Capcom may very well be beyond redemption at this point. They'd have to start patching out all of their asinine retroactive censorship before I'd even consider it.

This applies to just about every modern game developer.

collective suicide

EA should collapse.
Bethesda retcon Fallout 3/4
Ubisoft have a Red Storm like/get the original devs to make their Tom Clancy™ games.

Why would a company be "redeemable" in the first place?

Capcom would be a good company if they would just stop fucking their own ass ever other month. Everything they do is either great or horrid, with nothing in between.

Have Beth make an open world fallout game.

Bethesda need to scrap nuPrey and get the old Prey 2 back in production

NEVER FORGET

Die and free their IP.

EA: Nothing
Ubisoft: Burn Uplay into the ground, give a public apology, make a good Heroes 8, fire every canadian and leftist dev
Bethesda: public apology, fire Peter Hines, rehire Kirkbride, btfo the casuals and make a new Morrowind/Daggerfall, burn down Gamebryo

Heroes above 4-5 are complete shit not even worth trying. better if they just give IP to old devs.

Old dev… do you remember 3DO? Was you even born?
Beside H6 wouldn't be bad if Uplay wouldn't exist…

If they can't undo and/or make up for all of this, then die.
Just fucking die.

EA - stop with the SJW bullshit and use their stacks of cash to make actual;ly good games

Bethesda- stop recycling the same shitty engine

Die.

You mean Panasonic 3DO or New World Computing?
Maps is a fucking mess with less options then H4 or H5 with none existent AI and less races.

Them. They were jew…

Alright Holla Forums. It's actually quite funny. Its all about perception, Some say Bethesda/EA/Ubisoft can never redeem themselves. But the fact of the matter is if they can all afford to get rid of DRM. Ubisoft could also make more Ryaman games. One thing is for sure the AAA is out of touch. Anywho thanks for reading. That's about all. Peace out

TES: AkaVIr when

bethesda would have to make an elder scrolls game that's essentially just mount and blade
ubisoft would have to make an asscreed game that doesn't punish you for having fun
EA would have to make battlefront 3 like it should have been made

literally what I was going to post. It is the only path they have to redemption - creating a more creative and competitive atmosphere for passionate game creators to thrive in.

Stop wanting to get cash.

I remember reading about how Origin Systems worked right before getting bought by Electronic Arts (1993?). Everybody agreeded they had to sold the company because of some american crisis, the other option was bankruptcy (I wonder what would have happened to the Intelectual Properties that way).
Anyway, they said Origin was a comfy place to work in and they always geared towards good products that satisfied consumers. The devs didn't earned a lot of cash, in fact the whole company wasn't really very profitable, they were barely making through. But everybody loved what they were doing, everyone had feedback on everything, the devs working in the game enjoyed playing it and felt pride with their final products.

I remember that Ultima 7 was a complex game but even without patches (and even without its DLC, Forge of Virtue) it is one of the greatest games ever made. This is the product of love for your work, not of love for cash.

Those two games add great functions to the core game.
I still believe 5 has more potential than 3. Story was awful and 3D graphics wasn't necesary, though.

I'd like some ranch with this word salad, please.

Being a little more realistic, a way of making the big companies to give us something useful would be:
- Make a separate team for producing "retro" games. This way they don't touch the teams that are already working the way they are intended to.
- Make the development the way it was done 10/20 years ago. Learn from the mistakes from Blizzard's cancelled games. Don't aim for a AAA title, aim instead for doing a remake of an old game. You know those fans of old games who keep playing stuff decades old? Would they play the thing you're making?
- Avoid DLC, don't sell additional gameplay unless it's a proper expansion pack (See: StarCraft: Brood War for a good example on what a good expansion pack is). Instead, for additional cash, try things like OverWatch's Loot Boxes: they are eye-catchy and everybody wants them but they don't really affect the gameplay at all.

disband themselves and make a public apology to "video games", not the "community", not the "industry", just to "video games".
Also management heads and lead game designers/other people with important jobs must not be rehired anywhere else for video games, only the guys who were made to follow directions may seek jobs elsewhere

Will never happen.
These big companies fucking hate us and nothing would make them happier than destroy everything we love (they are good at that).
Since they hold good IPs we have to negotiate with them. "Give us good games and we will actually buy them this time. No, Dungeon Keeper for Mobile is not a good game".

Die forever and ever.

Nothing, I'm going to pirate their games regardless of what they do.

Murder Aisha Tyler
Bio-engineer a virus that kills everyone in Montreal offices, anyone who steps within 100 meters of their offices within a 48 hour period of dispersal, and anyone in their company under six feet in height.

that's why they had to sell the company and EA had to restructure to make it worth the purchase cost. Doing what you love doesn't stretch very far if you can't do it for very long.

i hate so many companies now i forget who i like

This. Destroy the cancer and let new companies outside of liberal hotspots make vidya.

There's no reason to like any company. If they make something you like, you give them gold for it. Anything past that is dangerously close to brand loyalty.

so oyu want the game to be unwinnable because an important character died early.

You are a retard. I bet you also want no fast travel because "durr I like spending 40 minutes walking from point A to point B! I could do that in real life but I want to play the yard work simulator instead of doing real yard work!"

piracy hurts conservative feelings though.

Like in Arcanum, right?

That's a funny way of spelling kike.

Yes, he wants to murder everyone in the continent and still being able to save the kingdom.

"Try to Desintegrate me and see what happens" - Nasredin

I just don't understand:
- If you are a retard who like to kill everyone, you wouldn't enjoy the game because you can't kille veryone thanks to the "npc god mode"
- If you are a retard who like to kill everyone, you wouldn't able to finish the game because you doomed the kingdom
So basically whats your point with the "hurr durr invincible are needed" sperg?

Fire the focus testers. Fire the ideologues. Find a publisher with a backbone. Fire the marketing analytics. Stop outsourcing the majority of development to collage interns and pajeets, and instead focus on building a pool of talent who can gain and share experience.

The only way they could redeem themselves in my eyes if they actually started making games with the end goal of making a great game first and foremost. Even if it's something I don't like, I can respect talent and dedication to a craft.

Make good games.

Have demos for said good games.

???

Profit.

You forgot >add denuvo

The point is that bethesda is functionally retarded and their NPCs are killed by the environment and shitty AI pretty regularly, which makes it unfair if a necessary character can die to shitty pathfinding or a random enemy

All they need to do to fix that is make it so that the player has to be the one that kills them, but that's too much work I guess

The damn thing is falling apart on itself. Making a new engine is too hard and you can only slap on so many new additions to a 15 year old engine before you see any gameplay issues. :^)

Sorry to say this shitty line, but: it not an argument
- In Morrowind important npc's were pretty well guarded and mostly putted in a cell where they couldn't be hurt
- In Oblivion during quests they became invincible
- In Skyrim even your dull, lifeless companions was protected because only you could kill them!
The only good point you have is the fucking pathfinding…

Cease to exist.

The morrowind system limits what they can do with the game
Aside from the fact that morrowind had practically no AI at all, so that wasn't even an issue

Have anyone in management commit sudoku.

To me, Capcom can still redeem itself if they make a proper sequel to Dragon`s Dogma.

Collapse and never come back. They already showed that they are kiking this industry, so there is no way I could trust them.

If Konami makes Bloody Roar 5 all will be forgiven.

I think among the AAA devs, Bethesda Game Studio is still doing relatively ok, although with some major although fixable flaws in their game. All they need to do is fire that hack writer/designer Emil Pagliarulo, remove level scaling, and make better combat animation.

That's Zenimax though.

Screw that idea. I like M&B but that's absolutely not the direction TES should be heading.

Take back the decision to add paid online.

Ritual suicide and returning license to original developers and funding every studio they killed.

Blizzard is beyond forgivable even if the following happened:

Even if they remove the censorship, I still won't give Capcom any money. Ono must be fired from the company, and banned from touching any games again. I tried to give them one more chance with SFV, but after reading the horror stories last year I'm glad I kept my five-year boycott against them.

They've done nothing but shit if you read how they're treating non SF and RE stuff. It's such a horrible company.

if every single one of them, together, decided to ignore intellectual property laws at the same time.
that means acting with flagrant illegality by using whatever ideas they want in a game and also not legally defending their own.

Already forgot.

EA and Ubishit are irredeemeable at this point. Nothing short of replacing every single person who has or ever had any ties to either of these companies would be enough. All Bethesda has to do is make a fun gaym, stop pushing paid mods, and stop with the bullshit narrative about how modern games should look like

If EA reassembled Maxis, rehired Will Wright, and gave him like a billion dollars and complete creative oversight, that MIGHT be enough. It would at least qualify for forgiveness, if not quite redemption.

This. Also, make all their resources open-source and royalties free.

They would have to make it apparent that some massive restructuring of the company has happened, and they've shifted their focus to smaller more dedicated audiences rather than trying to appeal to everyone or push a liberal agenda. They'll settle for one method of payment instead of trying to stick subscriptions and microtransactions to their fucking 60 dollar games. That's step 1.

Step 2 is then to make actually good games. At least 2-3 or so, more depending on how long the list of sins behind the company is. And I mean ACTUALLY GOOD GAMES. Not watered down shit that's OK by today's standards because anything with half an attempt would be ok by today's standards.

Step 3 is answering for their mistakes. If they fuck up, they must admit it and apologize and explain why it happened, not give excuses or hope that if they keep quiet people will go away.

Except EA didn't fuck spore over, internal disagreement at Maxis did.

There's like a 15 page writup from a Maxis employee you can find that goes into this where like 10 other Maxis devs chimed in in the comments and agreed, and both artbooks say this as well.

create newer lower-budget niche subsidiaries a la Warner Bros. DGC music label

Take a hatchet to their blockbuster business model that requires selling 5 million+ to break even.

1: Release source code for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.
2: Commit to releasing the source code for all their games at some point after release.
3:Much better mod support for all their new releases.

They can't be redeemed in my eyes. I hate them. The best outcome would be for them to die, and somehow through their sacrifice, bring about the return of all the great developers and games that they have ruined.

1:Give up on Uplay.
2: Stop with the DLC.
3: Instead of rushing out the same game every year with a whole new host of bugs, take the time to craft new instalments that don't feel like soulless rehashes.

1:Stop being so fucking casual.
2: Stop charging for online
3: Stop charging so much for re-releases. Just make a powerful home console with no gimmicks and put all the classic titles on there for like $5 each at a maximum.

1:Stop charging for online.
2: Focus on making more games that play well rather than good looking cinematic games that all play the same and cost a fortune to develop.

1:Drop Windows store bullshit.
2: Release exclusives on PC.
3: Kill 343i
4: Revive Fable and focus on what made TLC/2 so good, while avoiding the rampant casualisation of the series.
5: Free Rare.

/thread

What if they sold all the IPs they've acquired over the years by devouring game companies, and released the old games as FOSS?

First of all, Todd needs to fire half of his fucking cronies and hire some people who actually know what the fuck they're doing. Their animations should be way better at this point, but Todd had to hire his friend who dropped out of school. There's no reason their writing should be as bad as it is, but Todd is friends with the stupid spic they put in charge of it so he's still around, despite knowing next to nothing in regards to plot structure, character development, or characters at all for that matter, world building, character motivation, dialogue, you know fucking anything that can make a narrative good or at the very least passable.

Second would be to stop dumbing down the RPG elements of their games, and in fact expand upon them in a meaningful way.

Third would be to just give Fallout to Obsidian, or make a new team dedicated to that IP with Avellone hired on and put in charge.

Get a new engine, and people who can program worth a fuck.

Oh, Todd should also get on his knees and personally suck the cock of every single person who has modded a Bethesda game in the past as a personal apology for ever even fucking considering paid mods as a potential avenue of interest.

That'd be a start, at least.

JUST MAKE A NEW ENGINE FUCK. Then make a less janky and different style combat. Get that tes lore back to unfucked

Burn ass creed, make more fun shit like R6Seige and For Honor. Maybe make a proper pirating game.

Unfuck star wars with a Empire/first order game where the empire really dindu nuffin. And unfuck some other old franchises. of all the companies this is the least likely. Destroy Bioware as well.

Get rid of all the shitty translators and censors and we're fine

Less movies and judaism please. More games and nipponese

L E L UR FUCKED. Maybe make a good solid new IP

They've done too much damage for that to make up for it. That would be an amazing thing for them to do, but the lingering hatred and bitterness for their past actions would still make them one of the worst publishers in the industry to me. The amount of good games that have been cancelled or ruined because of them will always make them the worst for me.

It's okay when microsoft does it!

This. Nothing they do is going to change their shit reputation.

Never ever with this prick still around milking Skyrim till he gets to the bone marrow.

Actually I just forgot to put it on there. I hate it. Server aren't that fucking bad. Paid online is absolutely fucking cancerous. If it's so bad, then just let the community make servers.

First post best post
/thread

You're all 4chan idiots. Arguing over points made by people with worthless opinions. Way to waste space on the server.