Daily reminder that EA ruined Dead Space 3 when it was originally going to go back to its survival horror roots with...

Daily reminder that EA ruined Dead Space 3 when it was originally going to go back to its survival horror roots with concepts like Dementia playing a huge role, but it was toned down in favor of actions and microtransactions.

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/invaderstudios/daymare-1998tm-bringing-back-the-survival-horror
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Has there ever existed any AAA game that wasn't held back by the publisher or the developer in some way?

Metroid: Other M was as shitty as the devs wanted it to be.
No, tits wouldn't have saved it and you know it.

actually, everything was Sakamoto's fault.

I'd just like to butt in here for a second to say dead space was never good, all niggers deserve death, and the first dead space was just a shot-for-shot remake of system shock 2 with all the horror elements removed. g'day.

Who?

this is a meme that means nothing anymore.

t. capcom

This 3-word phrase makes me want to hang myself at this point.

Dope

wew

Its like you dont want to make profits

Yoshio Sakamoto
the main head behind Zero Mission, Fusion, and Super Metroid.

Tits and ass can save everything

We've knew it from day one, nothing new here mate

Wasn't the last Dead Space released like 5 years ago? Why is this relevant now?

is there a reboot of this series coming or what? 3 was such a giant awful turd that I think EA wanted to kill the series on purpose

also, theres something on (((kikestarter))) that looks kinda interesting: kickstarter.com/projects/invaderstudios/daymare-1998tm-bringing-back-the-survival-horror

Never 4get

The good devs or the retards?

I'm confused, Bioware is till around. What happened in 2007?

Here's some gameplay.

Lol.

Couldn't have picked a shittier name if they tried

Aoyama apparently worked on:

RE 1, 2, 3 and Onimusha Warlords and Dino Crisis 3

Nakai worked on Code Verionica, and RE 0

Iwao was the director of Parasite Eve 2 and the writer of RE1

and finally, Kaida did music for RE1, Dino Crisis, and Onimusha 3

so take that as you will. Hopefully it's not dog shit.

(checked)
dubs confirm godawful name, but then again, Resident Evil sounds pretty retarded too if you think about it

Eh. Point well taken, dubsman.

Is it me or we didn't have any really violent games in this gen yet? Appart from DOOD and Bloodborne

I remember being hyped for Dead Space, Motorstorm and else because it was disturbing looking, but nowadays it's not trendy anymore it seems

Not gonna fucking happen, not unless they go back to how cheaper it was to make games like that in the past.

No, games really have gotten less violent, for some reason devs only save violence for QTE fails or only in "cinematic moments".

Unless they live in a country which is very cheap to live in I dont see that much money going far.

nu-Tomb Raider has some guro doujin-tier death animations, but the gameplay itself is the same as most boring TPSs.

it seems fairly steep considering the amount they have to go in about 21 days or so but there's a bit of buzz about it I think.

Honestly, I want it to succeed and be good but between kickstarter and the prevalence of low-quality crap, I don't hold out much hope

It hurts so. fucking. much.

Hatred?

It was always a dumb action game, what are you on about?

it still hurts

Yeah I saw those names too, but I don't know enough about RE to say if they were the talent behind those games. Obviously, being the writer for an RE game means nothing, in the case of Iwao. I also don't respect RE sequels anywhere near as much as REmake, so it's a shame there's no mention of the staff from that one.

This is why I haven't brought a EA game in over a decade, fuck them.

I rememeber seeing details of a "shadow Isaac" leaking back in 2012 but once the game was officially revealed that fell off the wayside, cool to see those reports were true after all this time

It's an interesting topic, let's see.
If you consider old relatively large budget games like Fallout and Diablo then those would be that, along with their sequels.

If you we take newer history, something post PS2, because that console had its bunch of god-tier big publisher games like DMC3 or Armored Core, then I'd say Assassin's Creed and Dynasty Warriors franchises are exactly what their fans want them to be, and both devs and pubs make their best to deliver.
Well except for that one AC that was a broken piece of shit on launch.

Dark Souls 3 possibly, if you consider it AAA, even to the point where a lot of fans got booty blasted over how devs refused to bend to their will and persisted with their vision of how game is supposed to play. I'm talking about poise here of course. I prefer DS3's non-poise to what was in DS1, so I'm kinda happy it's like this

Oh and one of my favourite games ever - the original Xenoblade X, if you don't count how such visually amazing game suffers from being held hostage by a toy called Wii U, is pretty much unfucked by publisher in its original form.
Disaster of a localisation it got is another story entirely of course. Thankfully there is a uncensor/undub mod, but it retains shitty english text and locked breasts slider, so it only partially fixes the problem.

Wasn't the English translation the biggest problem?

Well it carries the plot over, and if you're playing with jap VAs you get your characterization from that and how characters move. Dialogues and side stories are indeed sometimes fucked up and you get memes here and there, but in reality this is how JPRGs were being translated since PS1 era, which doesn't make it any better of course.

Still if you know jap, there is ZERO reason to not play the original. Undub is a shitty compromise for those of us, who can't into moon runes.

Fallout 4.

The series's director until he made the disaster that was Other M. He also wrote a lot of the game's story himself. So yeah, everything is in fact his fault. If you want to blame anyone for Metroid entering another 8 year hiatus, it's him.

Tits and ass can improve anything for sure, but only a pathetic thirsty degenerate cuck would accept tits and ass as a substitute for quality.