Good morning, Holla Forums

Good morning, Holla Forums

Tell me your favorite videogame
Review it in a non-biased way.

Pic related: TTYD

It's just excellent. Every chapter is a treat, only to be enjoyed if you replay the game. The replay value is through the roof, and its backtracking in 2 parts of the game is not as bad as anyone who actually played games with noticeably detrimental backtracking.

The game hasn't aged at all. It's timeless. It's smooth. It's what other paper marios should be.

My only true criticism is that the english translation changed some things like vivians gender (either way who cares, but they should respect the content). nevertheless the writing is excellent as always by intelligent systems' writers

This game is twelve years old and its still a great example of what simple yet elegant RPGs should be.

The great thing about the game is that you can do different playthroughs depending on your build

All in all a must-play. Especially now that you can emulate it in beautiful HD

ok, cool ttyd thread then

I tried to find flaws outside backtracking but I'm having a hard time

I guess you can say some party members are useless like ms. mowz outside of stealing enemies who have badges or items

TTYD is objectively perfect.

so why did tec have the hots for peach?

I can only assume tec is a brain stuck in a jar somewhere

do you think he used thermal imaging or something to view her naked body while she was under the effects of the invisibility potion?

Not needed when he had full view of her in the shower every single day
But probably yes

To me this game and the whole series in general is timeless.
It is just you and the game and pure skills.

Gameplay is tight and controls are perfect. Graphics evolved from the previous games, actual backgrounds, warping, scrolling levels, boss fights, It's all good shit.

A few negatives would be the lack of mechanics / abilities. All you got is the double ship and temporary invincibility when you get a warp drive item. The enemies however are various and change periodically to keep you on your toes, your at a disatvantage the whole time. Not necessarily a bad thing but whatever.

The only other negative thing I can think of is the lack of music except for the bonuses and the levels you get warped to.

(It's been a while since I played so I might be missrembering shit)
Part 6 was great with the train mystery but I felt finding the real star was too simple, there should of been another obstacle to go through.

For part 7 (8? whatever part you get launched up to the moon) I felt they phoned it in. Oh your looking for this guy to launch the cannon and thats fucking it nothing else to do.

I'll just list the flaws because everybody already knows the pros.

>The game only has two actual bosses that are both repeated several times, the second boss only appearing in the last few levels

That's all I can think of right now.

Pros

Cons

I feel I'm kinda stretching it on the negatives

Personally, I agree with most of your positives, but it does have some issues that I think that if they ever do a remake the only good thing for Paper Mario at this point, they should address.

>again, Vivian's gender - I don't mind either way, but I'd rather they respect the source material in this case, especially since Tumblr will eat that shit up of course, this also runs the risk of having this game use tumblr pronouns, so damned if you do, damned if you don't
>if they do a remake, they have barely any excuse NOT to add a boss rematch mode in the Glitz Pit, mostly because I want to fight Magnus Von Grapple 3.0 and Doopliss a third time

Solid platformer. It's floatier than your average platformer, but you get the hang of it after a few minutes of play. Each gun feels different and serve plenty of purpose. Leveling system is unique and rewards you for careful positioning, while it pushes you to face foes in tight quarters with every level up you get. This mechanic was pretty good, and it was neatly exploited, (especially with Nemesis) making the gun variety matter and forcing you to use everything in your arsenal.

No hand-carrying. Levels are designed with return routes making backtracking slightly different every level. Health collectables are scattered nicely and the character progression goes perfect with the game's pace. (except for the final boss and the secret boss, which have quite the difficulty curve) You can "select" your own difficulty by choosing what items to take with you, giving it some replayability for those who want a challenge.

This game got me into chipitunes. Always the right mood every stage. Scorching Back, Moonsong, Oppresion and Balcony are some best picks.

They're cool. The dark backgrounds contrast your character and have enough detail to make you feel depth and spatial movement.

Cave/10. Likeable characters, good information pacing, and the player is motivated to help the npcs. Balrog is best character.

Backtracking in Grasstown is a bitch. Figuring out the secret ending requirements is near impossible, but doable in a second run you do. Difficulty curve at the end haunted me for 1 week, but the challenge is worth accomplishing.

I've beaten this game about four times and I'm doing a minimal items run.

A fantastic RPG with turn-based combat released late on the Super Nintendo's lifespan. It's both a love letter and a parody of american culture from the eyes of a japanese copywriter/writer and it shows on every little aspect of the game. The writing is hilarious, friendly and cheeky while not getting tiresome but it might feel like it's trying to be "2cool" at times but that could be blamed on localization. The art style is minimalistic, colorful and stands the test of time much better than many of its peers with its clear lines, different camera perspectives and cartoony designs. The soundtrack is probably the game's highest point, with a mix of rock, pop, quirkyness, melancholic slow tunes that still feel home-y and relatable and even metal and scary ambiance, EBs extensive soundtrack is quite the carnival of sounds. Gameplay-wise it's your standard Dragon Quest fare with a bumping on enemies twist and visual on the map enemies, nothig ground breaking but it's certainly entertaining and can prove challenging while keeping you amused with the in-battle dialogue and actions as well as the wode variety of trippy backgrounds. Each location of the game feels like its own thing, a small world of its own contained to a little city where chaos is being spread somehow and its up to you to stop it, the characters also have an impressive amount of dialogue and each NPC has a new reply to you after you beat the game and as a last goodbye while the most melancholic tune in the game plays as you reach your house. Every part of this game comes together to form a memorable and beautiful experience, from the colorful characters to the music to the locations and an unforgettable final boss, this game is a true classic.

You mean like a 3HP run?
I've tried, mang, but Hell is too hard to do without getting hit. Fuck the second room

Hard to review your favorite game in a non biased way but I'll try.
This game has infinite repeatability and is the best in the franchise imo not only is it amazingly fun collectively but casually as well at any level of play you can have fun and just some stupid crazy moments. The game is very simple at its core but has many hidden mechanics for the player to learn and master that not only speeds up the gameplay but turns it into a completely different game at high levels of play. It really is a beautiful game in my mind everybody has their own style and ideas of what's optimal in any given situation. The down side to this is that if you're not on the same level of as someone else you just get bodied and it seems like there's nothing you can do because they just overwhelm you. No matter what happens though everytime you lose you always know it was your own fault there is always something you could have done differently there is always a right option in melee but finding that right option is the hard part because no matter how good a move is there is no "win" button.

The moon part had an entire dungeon inside the moon though.

And the train mistery was a dungeon in itself. Remember there's mini-chapters and dungeon inbetween as the train takes a break. After the chapter boss battle you're rewarded with a new town and a star. I think its fine. You could've had another chapter boss battle that would've been cool.

Paper Mario TTYD fan enhancement romhack with Rematch mode Glitz Pit and even more bosses when

The star power are too op and ruin any challenge in chapter 3.

There I find a flaw.

Would it really kill Nintendo to re-release Melee with 16:9 and maybe netplay support?

I know I'm tiered of having a big ass tv sitting in my room they need to just rip off dolphin and make a gamecube virtual console for the switch I guarantee it would make the scene bigger as well which would be great