What are sci-fi games that aren't generic chrome/titanium and laser guns opting for something quieter with contemporary...

What are sci-fi games that aren't generic chrome/titanium and laser guns opting for something quieter with contemporary or retrofuturistic aesthetics, I already played Alien Isolation and Lego Rock Raiders.

Play the AvP games.
40K games also work if you dont mind the aesthetic.

Stealth is niche.

Double niche.

Though I do want a 50s-60s retro sci-fi RTS game where you campaign to take the Moon, Mars, and Venus from/for the space Nazis, Martians, void Commies, and space pirates.

Quieter in tone.

Still niche.

Games go for mass appeal, and a quiet tone isn't as popular as a loud tone. Most game developers need to appeal to the masses to recoup production. If you want a niche game you'll have to make it yourself, or fund it yourself.

Anachronox, maybe the first Dead Space sort of.

I suppose System Shock 1 and 2, although they have very different designs and gameplay. The first game has a pretty unique and colourful aesthetic while the second one is a bit more subdued 90s sci-fi/cyberpunk. They'regood games though. A mix of stealth and fighting in both. Tense exploration through a creepy space-station/ship interspersed with short bursts of combat.

This kind of aesthetic makes me hope that someone decides to make a videogame based on that upcoming Valenian et Laureline movie

The second you step into medbay after character creation the game starts blaring incessant rock music

Are you a retard? It's entirely synthesised electronic music. Also, like I said, there's bursts of action and periods of quiet.

It's shit music either way, it's obnoxious as fuck and it plays the entire time you're on the floor, that's not "bursts".

I don't think you can talk about good and bad music if you can't tell the difference between rock and electronica. The music changes based on location and scenario as well, so you're wrong on both counts.

I can talk about music that fits the game and that doesn't and walking out of a quiet tutorial into that endless garbage is entirely non-fitting.

user I'm so sorry.

Play a game called The Deadly Tower of Monsters it's the closest you'll get.

You don't walk straight out of the tutorial and into that you dumbass. You go through picking skills in training, then escaping a room with a decompressing atmosphere. You're already tense and the game continues that as it introduces early enemies. But as you progress and visit other bulkheads and levels it switches to being mellow and ambient, like this track and half of the soundtrack.

Training and the entire decompression section are still fucking tutorial, you can't walk a foot in them without running into billboards telling you the controls or a radio transmission telling you what to do and none of what you've said about music being different later changes the fact that the first fucking bit of the game where you're actually out on your own and able to just play the fucking game it just blasts you in the ears with annoying shitty music and that music comes back every single time you return to the area.

SS13

training is just walking down corridors and the decompression section introduces door codes and the wrench. They aren't the same as basic training.
It's one track that you don't like, there's no need to be this hung up about it.

I'd like to see more massive decaying arcologies in sci-fi games. NaissanceE was amazing but what little actual gameplay it had was flawed because first person platforming sucks. E.Y.E. had some great environments but StreumOn can't create a working game to save their nuts. Beneath a Steel Sky was incredible but its arcology was still more or less functional.

Now that I've mentioned it, OP should definitely play BaSS.

It's one track right at the start and even putting that aside the rest of the game is still far from quiet with The Many and Shodan constantly barking in your ear every time you do anything.

An arcology would make a great setting for a stealth/horror sci-fi game. Why don't they get used more?

Like I said, short bursts of combat and periods of quiet.
The Many don't talk to you except for their quiet mumbling and whispering and Xerxes isn't loud at all. SHODAN barks at you, but it's very intermittent. The last two decks in particular are very quiet. At least a third of the game is you exploring empty parts of the ship or going back through previous areas which are now deserted.
I didn't say the entire game was ambient and peaceful, but for what OP wants there aren't many games that fit the bill exactly. If you have better suggestions, make them.

Halo has a lot of aesthetic inspiration from Aliens on the UNSC side of things, but most of the Halo games also have a lot of Forerunner environments which are more shiny futuristic tron line stuff.

Reach and ODST are almost entirely all human locales though, so maybe check those out? That said, those take place mostly in Urban and rural locations, not spaceships and military bases