Just finally got around to playing this beaut of a game

Just finally got around to playing this beaut of a game.

What did Holla Forums think of Sam and why is he better than that cyber bitch of a main character in every conceivable way? Also did he sort of understand Armstrong's "might makes right" philosophy at the end when he loses his arm or is it all a ploy?

SPIRITUAL SEQUEL WITH SAM LIKE CHARACTER WHEN

It was okay but too short and i remember buying it full price when it came out and thinking that it wasn't worth it. The DLC content should have been on the game since the beginning.

Sam didn't believe 'might makes right'. He just thought Raiden was stupid for thinking he is a 'warrior of justice' but killing his way through his problems.

Sam was more fun than Raiden. They also botched the rivalry that was mean to be between Raiden and Sam. Sam being barely robot and being able to compete with Raiden who is full robocock.

What happened to that mod that let you play as Sam in the main game? Is it still being worked on or is it dead?

Sam didn't believe in Armstrong half assed beliefs.
Sam just gave up on humanity, unlike Raiden.
In his eyes, if it wasn't Armstrong, it would've been someone else.
He wasn't interested in saving the world, he likes to keep things simple, fighting one battle at a time.
His role is to expose Raiden hypocrisy, to make Raiden mature as a person and make him more humble, he succesfully does so.

And yes, Sam was indeed more fun to play as than Raiden.

IT'S THE ONLY THING I KNOW FOR REAL

vanquish is a case where you can actually play as the platinum-chic character

If you thirst for more then give another Platinum game a chance. Like a Nier for instance, there's even a sequel coming up.

Do all platinum games just span across close alternate dimensions?

Or not be a rehash of assets from the original game

Feels bad when unsung heroes go unnoticed.

I think collective boner for that fag comes from positioning him either against even bigger faggot such as raiden or a real manly man with balls such as Armstrong.
Raiden is just too faggy to be likable, and Armstrong only appeals to those who has their own back bone and strong life position.
I'm not even talking about muh motives or was he right or wrong, he was just a real man that did what he had to do to achieve his goals, whatever they might be.
Sam didn't achieve shit because he was a pussy.
Raiden didn't even have any goals for the most part because he was an even bigger pussy, he was just doing whatever job his russion papa found for him.

Sam had super advanced power armor, so him not being a robot means jack shit. Young snake with equal armor would probably push his shit in bare handed.

Do you mean they keep making the same shit over and over again? Yes they do.
It's good shit though, so I don't mind.

To be honest, from MGR perspective Raiden learnd more from Sam than Solid. The latter was more of a bad influence with his emo stage, while Sam straight forward tell him to grow the fuck up…

The first Nier game is not Platinum, the sequel will be but the first game is Square Enix beat-em-up with it's gameplay as it's weakest element.

Sam was able to take out guys while he was apparently outnumbered with guns before the suit, and the suit Sam is wearing is basically a variation of Solidus's suit and Raiden kicked Solidus's ass without that or the muscle suit Snake wears as a crutch in MGS4. So yes it is an impressive feat, primarily because that suit is itself already outdated and reached it's pt's own peak decades ago hell he could've beaten Armstrong if he went the "sit on his ass and wait out a stalemate" plan instead of the "cut off his arm and give him a sharpened stump" plan.

But the more significant thing about Sam's ability to kick ass while only being a partial Cyborg is more to do with a continuation of MGS4's theme of the old ways of war being replaced by the new ways Sam is like guys like Vamp who use mad skill to the point that soldiers would call him a wizard with his weapon of choice and his own abilities were simply enhanced to the point of absurdity with technology. If anything Sam was holding back, considering how fast he was with his old arm, he should have been a fucking blur every time he swings and make those slicing shockwaves like in the DLC like it was nothing.

I was thinking of Wonderful 101 next or soon but fuck, buying a Wii U? CEMU is still a ways away for AMD users so my options are limited.

Also would anyone say it's beneficial to play the Drakengard series alongside the first NeiR for the upcoming Automata? Really just care about experiencing Yoko Taro's work since the moon man seems pretty cool.

Having a Deepest Lore explanation for all the constantly reused assets.

I enjoyed playing Drakengard 1 but I don't plan to play the others. instead I watched the Drakengard Analysis videos by Clemps I think he does a good job talking about everything though his Humor is a like it or hate kind of thing it seems.

reused designs certainly, but assets? Not a chance.

Maybe constant was the wrong word
but I'm pretty sure they reuse at some Animation assets see that webm 0:42

Wonderful 101 guy is left handed transformer is right handed.
There are subtle differences in the way they swing their swords which lead to characterization. Wonderful 101 is more unruly and wild leading to a characterization of a character who is showing off and not really all that experienced.
Menasor's legs positions also give off the appearance of someone who knows how to use a sword rather then someone just showing off.

meant to reply to

Well I mean if you going to get all autistic about it fine forget I said anything

Mah nigga. There's several signs he frequents this place too, biggest being he's in the 8ch FFXIV free company

I have ADHD and my medication has worn off, you have no fucking excuse to have not noticed that.

It was a joke i'm saying your Right. You don't need to be a bitch about it.

Bitch please.

t. bitch

Bitch you wanna step outside.

Kill yourself

Nope, I'm going to be.