Which Megaman game is best Megaman game and why is it MegaMan 4?

Which Megaman game is best Megaman game and why is it MegaMan 4?

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/hacks/1704/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why are robots so hot?

not properly lubricated, I would presume.

I don't know OP. Why Megaman powered up is the best Megaman game? is a pretty good question.

THAT'S NOT HOW MACHINES WORK YOU DUMB FUCKING ASSHOLE

It's just cute fanart you infernal autismal ass.

I know, It's just that I felt like redtexting.

Megaman 2.5d

I like MMZ and MMZX/ZXA.

I recently replayed ZX and ZXA and they're better than i remember.
The map in ZX is a bit of a problem, the best thing to do is explore as much as possible, then go back to a save point, save your map exploration progress, so the next time a mission tells you "go to X place", you can look at your explored map and have a rough idea of what connects to what else and how to proceed.
It's not the best method, i can understand why the map and navigation in general are an issue with most people, but it doesn't detract too much from the game once you spend some time getting around it.

It's visually stunning, the animations are fantastic, hitting shit feels good, there's a couple of decent tracks (but i wouldn't say the OST as a whole is amazing or anything), they're just pretty good games all around.
I'm seeing the speedrunning community growing around these titles and i have a feeling as the years go by more people are starting to appreciate them more after the initial lukewarm reception, due to them being pretty different from your average megaman game.

Go fuck yourself, Carlos.
kekked, and I hate myself for it

Oh come on. It has my favorite RPG battle mechanics ever and you have logical progression of power without relying on stupid bullshit like leveling up.
I have yet to see a single game that had anything like this series' fight mechanics.
It's also my favorite of all time
Except 4, fuck 4

To this day, I refuse to call them proper megaman games. Hell, even Legends is a better representation of the IP than BN. Battle Network felt like a digimon game that got cancelled and Capcom picked it up on the cheap and just slapped reimagined Megman characters with a donut steel human cast.

Why isn't there a game about Roll where, instead of getting new powers, she get new outfits?

Just play Ape Escape 3.
Yeah, i'm onto you.
I know what you want.

I wonder if you played it, user. The only thing it has similar to Digimon is that you travel digitally for some of the overworld.

In terms of adapting Megaman characters into an RPG world it did it the best. THey tried to do a 1:1 with the X series and it wasn't fucking terrible per se but the nature of turn based mechanics doesn't work with an already existing Megaman franchise is because everything was imagined with action in mind so seeing X stand around like a fuckhead screaming about muh violence while you're charging a triple loaded fuck you blaster just makes no sense.

However in Battle Network you delete viruses on account of them being a mostly universal bad deal (Some have been adapted to actually assist in system operations) and rogue network navigators made specifically to fuck shit up.

And the idea of Megaman jacking enemy weapons was beautifully translated in the battle chip system where you can even steal mook powers and sometimes multiple versions of them so nothing ever gets completely useless.

And it does tie in with the original Megaman universe with references to it in the third game explaining the reason the world went digital instead of robotics was because they went with Light's plan instead of Wily's and that fueled WIly's jealousy.

The NES Mega Man games have some cute romhacks if you're willing to put in the work to patch them. Search for Roll Chan romhacks on your browser.

fuck it, I'll even spoonfeed you. It won't reach "Dress her up in cute outfits" levels of 'tism, but at the very least the romhackers put in the effort and made her animations feminine and adorable. You can patch it so that she has either her classic or MM8 outfits

romhacking.net/hacks/1704/

Mega Man X6!

You are a bad person.

I liked X6 better than X5 and wish X6 had a lot more development time than it got Also it had the best soundtrack and all the mavericks were really fleshed out compared to X4's and X5's

Fite me m8

I like Mega Man 6. I don't give a fuck. It's pretty easy, but it has a bunch of little features added over the course of the series to make it feel more fleshed out. At the same time, it doesn't have as much backtracking and dumb melodrama as the later series. I also like 7 but, while 6 is too easy, 7's final boss is so absurdly hard that just fuck that.

Yeah but just how realistic are robots like Mega Man? Don't they say that by later series, robots have become so realistic that they can breed with humans or some shit? I could buy that by Mega Man 1, they have terminator-like organic skin.

Powered Up has Roll playable with tons of different outfits.

I believe you mean 9

Just beat X8 for the whofuckingknowsth time.

Good game.

Depends on how later we're talking about. By ZX humans and robots are being brought closer together but breeding is never mentioned as far as I know.

By Legends we have artifical humans that can swap body parts with machines.

Why do you have to be like this, user?

Classic:
2 > 4 > 1 > 5 > 6 > 3 > 8 > 7

X:
1 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 6 > 7

Dont care about the rest.

Fucking horseshit. 6 had alternate paths with robot masters that had different AI, a fucking flight suit, and an actual reason to replay the levels. 1 was just jump and shoot man with okay level design.

It's suggested that the human/robot relations around ZX time had led to a completely cyborg blend humanity with pure humans long perished. Essentially, there had to be a mixing of human/bot breeding for everyone to be born in Legends fully bot-compatible and so far deep that they know no other form of "human" life.

Of course, Mega Man Volnutt has to be special for being full robot

Actually the humans are the way they are in ZX as a result of "Reploid equality" laws; Reploids are given finite lifespans while humans are given cybernetic modifications, it's why the only difference between reploids and humans in-game are a jewel-mark on their forehead skin. There's an ulterior purpose behind the laws but the series ended before it could explain, probably has to do with humans being affected by Model W

Humans in Legends aren't humans, they're Carbons, a human-like species. True humans are near-godlike figures.

I want to marry Aile.

I acutally find it funny that there was a chance that Reploids went full WE WUZ mode and the humans just fucked off to floating cities ala X5 and let the reploids die off in a flood.

3 sorely lacked playtesting and had a lot of beta testing material left in. It lacks a lot of polish both in game balance and presentation.

Classic:
4=2>3>6>7>5>1>8
Haven't played 9 or 10

X:
1=2>3>4>5>6>7
Haven't played 8.

Zero:
3>1>2>4

Why do you have to be such an ass and deprive me of some nice roll?

good shit, keep it up.

Pretty good.
I'm convinced that I just have shit taste when it comes to the classic series as my favorite was the first, followed by 8, 9, 10, 2.
Haven't played the others, and only played and finished x1.

I hate it when japs draw adrogynous fuccbois. Literally all the male characters in Z series look like trannies. What the fuck. Male characters should have wider face, smaller eye sockets, larger nose, stronger jaw, and more visible cheekbones. In Megaman and most anime, there's no difference between male's and female's features. Is it laziness or homosexuality?

Why not both?

Mega Man is based off of 1970's cyborg anime you triple nigger. Mega Man's overall design is meant to look pure and boy-ish, like both pics related

Anyway, I do agree with you on Zero's designs being absolutely disgusting since the jump in design from Mega Man X's artwork to Mega Man Zero's aesthetic is jarring to say the least.

Battle Network was a fucking excellent series in general but they definitely aren't proper megaman games

BEST TRACK IN THE SERIES COMING THROUGH

Don't mind me just monitoring for incoming rollfags

No, stop it, you are dumb and your opinion is wrong

Not even the best of Zero

Well, there is Dino Device which is basically Digimon BN with not-Digimon. So you're not wrong.

But that's wrong, he grew up from being a baby.

Legends is still my favorite despite not really playing like Mega Man at all. The exploration of Kattleox Island and then the improved controls in 2 made for a fun time. Certainly not the hardest, but definitely a lot of fun. It also has the best Roll.

I wish for more powered up games.

Why live?

Just tried it, good shit.

At least I have 8bit deathmatch justified classes to get my fix of playing the robot masters.

What are the best choices for Battle Network when you get to the split versions and what are the best systems for Classic?

Could just be nano bandages.

False idols and scientists that can't handle a germ.

To be fair; most Megaman characters are children or made to emulate something of that age.

Because then it'd be made by current day Capcom.

For Classic, Wily Wars for Genesis has some minor issues that cause mixed opinions (mostly relating to game speed, and some graphics being improved but others not), but when you beat all three games included on it, you unlock a new game, Wily Tower, which is basically as long as half a full Mega Man game, and you get to play each level of Wily Tower with your own pick of whatever weapons and items you want from across Mega Man 1 to 3. It's pretty cool.

Mega Man Anniversary Collection on PS2 and Gamecube have the two arcade games as unlockables though, and that's pretty cool. But since the passwords on the old games still work, it's not hard to just punch in the passwords and beat the one level required to unlock each game.

Powered Up is the best version of MM1 by far.

Have the justified classes been ported over so that we can play them single player?

Not even the best track in that game.
This boss, on Xtreme, with unarmored X buster only, is an amazing treat.

Classic = X > Battle Network >= Legends > Zero > Shit > My Skills and Taste

Fuck getting hit by off-screen shit because GBA
Fuck not being able to see bosses half the time
Fuck only being able to get boss abilities if you:

The final bosses are all as anticlimactic as Mega Man 3's because you can just stand next to them with your massive 32x upgraded health and mash the attack button.

You can make the fight a joke by stopping his attacks with Thunder Bolt.

9 is probably the only great retro throwback game. Too bad 10 is worse in nearly every way.

Seems you're right about your own taste there.

2 has worse balance though.

POST MORE ROLL

The power plant dungeon turned me off to the entire BN franchise.

A lot of MMZ fans despise MMZ4.
They think the series should've remained a trilogy and don't like 4, at all.
I have no idea why, i like MMZ1-4 equally.
I dislike MMZ2 the most due to some questionable design decisions but that's about it.

can anybody share a torrent for the battle network anime? i need that shit

Check them

Literally reason enough.

Good thing multiple universes exist.

But why? It's the best game in the series. If they're mad about the story I guess I can agree that it's more of an epilogue than a sequel but it let it end on a high note instead of get increasingly worse sequels pumped out yearly

saucenao and google image search ain't giving me shit. Now what?

Bothrcool
Team Colonel
Falzar, and only because it has an english patch for the lost content and no you CAN'T speak japanese
No

Nice, nice

No. Plot-wise having no fourth game would have left the whole problem of Weil being at large and still in power unresolved.

Also 4 is simply a good game. Why some people decide to complain about more of those existing is beyond me.

Doesn't Blue have an optional boss battle which White lacks, though?

Still needs to play more of this series, by the way. Already beat 2 and 5. Planning to at least go through 3 and 6, and maybe replay 2.

What can I say, i'm a sucker for music with a beat portraying fast trains or horseback. Most of the reason why I think the best part of that new protomen song was the beginning when they were using that same train beat.

I'll give you the Buebeam Trap boss and the Metal Blade being OP for 2, but Needle Man in 3 has no excuses. Neither does Top Spin being a buggy, stupid power that doesn't even work as a halfway decent ghetto Screw Attack.

And Rush Marine has no reason to exist.

Boobeam Trap Boss keeps me from playing MM2 all the way, a lot of times. Dealing with that stress or padded weapon energy farming is a huge hurdle. MM3 has that with some of the Doc Robot portions. As far as weapons go, plenty of the games do suffer from the special weapons being garbage outside of boss weaknesses or only have 2 or so that are viable. Of the series having a hefty portion of its weapons being useful, there's 1, 2 (even when not resorting to OP Blades), 7, 8, 9, and I believe 1 on Game Boy.

There is a method behind taking down Boobeam Trap in one go, but good look doing that while the fucker keeps firing at you.

not even once.

I don't like the idea that Megaman Zero happened at all. X with all his unlimited potential, and all he could do was seal an elf? What the hell? X should have continued to save the day like always. The entire thing just feels like an excuse to make Zero the star.

Oh, I'm aware. It's always a pain since using all those Items to crawl up in those narrow areas and fire carefully sucks. It's just needlessly strict design that they got away from, same with that Rush Jet section in Doc Robot Needle Man stage

Did you even play MMZ?
Half the shit that happens in MMZ wouldn't be possible if not for X.
X is still an important, and even vital character during the MMZ saga.

X shouldn't have become a ghost and X shouldn't have used his body to seal an elf. X was at least as strong as Zero, and Zero had no problems with either. It's probably just Inafune doing Inafune.

I just use the Buster for every level and only use the special weapons on bosses.

That's literally the point. X only exists because the higher ups didn't let Inafune make his OC Mega Man the star in the first Super Nintendo game, so instead he just had everyone constantly tell you how his OC was so much better than X, and slowly increase his playtime until eventually he's the main character.

you should've posted the jap version
kill yourself

ZX is bretty good but Advent is dogshit

The voice acting isn't that bad you fucking weeaboo.
kill yourself

Shit nigga, what're you smoking?
It has the easiest bosses
Also, a lot of shit got fucking cut

Fuck off, Megaman games have such fucking bad localized dub it makes my ears bleed
I'd rather fucking play without any voiced dialogue

Actually, Inafune knew his first design for X wouldn't fly with them before even presenting it, so he decided to make that Zero while using a design closer to Mega Man for X.

Stay mad.

That makes no sense.
99% of everyone whines about ZX having an extremely confusing map, and praises ZX:A for it's improvements.
Unless you're talking specifically about the plot.

Most opinions I see tend to favor ZX over ZXA, actually. I personally can't understand since ZXA does have some considerable improvements over the original.

Canadian Ocean/Blue Water Studios > random people that know English Capcom Japan dragged in. They're at least considered "pro"

Nah, they dumbed down a lot of stuff from ZX in Advent
The only thing they improved was the map
–While you get more forms in ZXA, most of them are laughably (or frustratingly) useless outside of the obstacles that force you to use a certain form. They nerfed the Biometals hard in order to compensate for not-so-useful playable Pseudoroids. As a result,Model P is fucking useless now and Model F also got nerfed.
–The difficulty of ZXA is a bit higher, but it's not necessarily the "good" kind of higher. Sometimes stages can get frustrating unless you try to take it slowly and carefully, and even then it can throw you for a loop.
–ZX has overall better music than ZXA. However, ZXA has a few really, really good tracks though
–You start off with Model A, which has a typical buster (charges a little faster than ZX's buster, though) and a lock-on system. The lock-on system takes a while to prepare (for a game as fast-paced as Mega Man, anyways) and, iirc, if you shoot while trying to lock-on it cancels the lock-on. I hardly ever used the lock-on lasers as a result. Due to the forms you get, when you get them, and the usefulness of the forms, you'll probably end up using Model A most of the game. You might prefer to use the forms from ZX when you get them, but if memory serves right either most of them have been weakened a bit or are weaker in comparison to Model A.
My main qualms with ZXA were:
–Less balanced difficulty than ZX: would go from a welcomed challenge to pretty easy to frustrating.
–Most of the forms were useless. You never had to use any of them in combat, but I was disappointed at how long it took to get a decent set of forms (while it wasn't that long, it was a lot longer than in ZX, and it wasn't until near the end of the game that I finally got my favorite model).

And don't get me started on the weak story and absolutely atrocious voice acting

I understand Top Spin being a shit weapon that only works 100% correctly two times in the entire game, but whats with Needle Man?

In many years of discussing megaman games with the fans i've always read the opposite.
It always boils down to this:

And that's basically it.
With ZX getting the biggest amount of criticism because the map issue straight up prevents people from even finishing the game.

According to at least one commentor, the biggest issue with Top Spin that it works best by only tapping the B button, but most tend to hold it down and it causes the issues of eating through the energy and slamming you into the enemy. Of course, try to simply tap B when trying to hit Shadow Man and any of the enemies that are super-weak to it.

Needle Man is either that Doc Robot portion or how hard he is to fight. I've done buster-only battles with Needle Man and he is pretty tough and hard-hitting, usually meaning that I have to resort to an E-Tank. Best strategy with him regardless of buster or Gemini Laser is to stick close to him. Close up he tends to only do his head attack and not the wild needle throwing. His head butt hits like hell, but if you can time your jumps knowing he'll throw it, you can dodge it and leave enough time hitting him as he jumps.

Objective Megaman Zero tier list (in terms of difficulty)
Z2>Z3>Z1>Z4

I agree the map was a little bit confusing but wasn't that big of a fucking deal
Though I still had to look up where to go for the postgame quest involving Omega on gamefaqs

Having a confusing map screen wasn't the whole problem; the world was way too big for no good reason and sorely lacked in warp points — issues which ZXA adressed.

How is that bad?
The main story never had backtracking unless you're talking about quests
This I agree

How is that NOT bad? Not only you have more needless ground to cover but coupled with the confusing map screen it only worsens the problem of some players getting lost when they just want to start the next mission or something.

bump

Google nigger, you'll want to search for Rockman.exe instead of BattleNetwork.

That pic makes me a bit sad for some reason.

What if someone really wanted to play all of the Battle Network games? Is one BN 4 better than the other?

Best thing about a rushed game with questionable layout and combat options.

Laaaaaaame

rolls getting infected by the dark chip started my corruption fetish

This is straight out hilarious. How the hell do you get lost in a map as bloated-yet-simple as the one in ZX? Is it because of the stupid alpha-numerical submap? Cause otherwise the shit was a breeze and honestly backtracking in a metroidvania is far more painful in comparison.

more evil roll?

You can do it, but bosses are kind of picky about certain attacks damaging them.

He would be in for some pain
For some God forsaken reason i played both, and i can tell you they are on the same level of shit

4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and Rockman & Forte all have that annoying shitty final boss where it's Dr. Wily teleporting on screen for a second, throwing some shit at you, then disappearing. This is why 1-3 and X1-4 are the best in the series.

Beyond a shit story, what else did it do wrong?

This a thousand times over.

Megaman Zero series is another little known and underrated group of titles, loved that shit when I was a youngin'

If Rolls were real, how would you mod yours?

Zero has the better tracks. 1's music is honestly kinda shit, but it does give us X the Hero and Neo Arcadia, two of the best tracks in the series. 2 is pretty nice overall, with Departure taking the cake. 3 and 4 are also great.

In terms of gameplay, I'd say 4's gameplay, with the chain rod from 2, the story of 3 and the art from 1 would surpass almost any other Megaman, but that's just a dream.

I like it man, but it was a clunky mess. Why do you think this?

Nothing spookiest than this.

Just calling her an elf seems to be downplaying it when she caused the deaths of 80% of the population. She was a big deal, and since Zero is constantly in that fucking pod, X was the only one around to do it.

what is the difference between first roll and third roll on the first picture? they only have different sizes.

Fucking Capcom

I don't remember much more than that, it was really forgettable

None of them are as iconic as this.

I thought humans are extinct in MML.

My nigger, getting that model H on the first ZX and suddenly getting dual sabers, multi-directional airdash and glide all at the same time was so much fun

Carbons aren't human, they're toys of a bored human.

Just random items or needed for the main story?

It's a fastener for her leotard thingie she wears

Left to Right:

I got news for you user. No one in Megaman Legends is Human. They're all clones of the humans.

Most of the game is made up of tournaments because the whole "meteor crashing into the world" stuff is shoved aside until the end. You can't fight everyone in one run, so you have to play the game three times to get all of their scenarios and get to the post-game stuff. The two versions also have exclusive opponents that get you different fighting styles, so you technically have to play the other version for the full experience. Additionally, chips and enemies increase in level for each run.

TL;DR: For nearly everything except the main plot points. Don't play this game.

It's not story related, but a bunch of the game is locked behind at least 2 ng+ runs.

Out of the 6 souls you can get in 4, you get 3 on your first playthrough, 2 on your second and 1 on your third, these are pretty major gameplay features, and one of the few good things introduced by 4, so it's bullshit to have to play through three times to get them, since very little changes between runs other than a few bosses in tournaments. Since the version of viruses increases every ng (resetting after 3), if you're going for a 100% run and you miss a v2 chip and you're now on game 3, then you have to beat the game 2 more times in order to get what you missed. Also since the chips are locked behind ng but for some reason higher versions of bosses are not, you can fight a v3 boss in your first game and not be able to do enough damage to kill him.

If you really want to play the game, get a 100% save somewhere that has linked with the other version (which replaces the filler fights with the version exclusives for the other version), beat it once and never touch it again.

Not really human when you overclock the design while making it easy for them to attach robotic parts to their bodies.

Both at least have Roll right?

user, they say in the game no one is human. The lore of megman legends is that humans made a really advanced society and lived long times but they began to die out so them made "carbon" i.e. the living people found in the game.

Yes, but in Red Sun she's a bossfight and you get to make Mega Man crossdress as her.

I didn't say they were human, if I remember correctly; last of the humans went into stasis or had their DNA stashed up on the moon in preparation for the world to become livable again or something. The carbons were made by the last human on overseeing duty to construct buildings for when the humans came back while also serving as an experiment for him with plans of wiping them all out with the carbon re-initialization program when mankind could rise again. Carbons are just bio-organic slave labor digging their own graves.

That's what I wanted to hear, beyond that, does any of them have a bigger supply of Megaman women?

In 5 you're forced to choose between the version with a literal princess, or a loli and her nurse navi.
Apologies for the shit images, I'm just grabbing them off the wiki

the loli's pretty cute

Why did they do this?!!

Their DNA was stored up there and there were programs all around the world to kill people but everything is trapped on the moon now so nothing will happen. Including megaman.

Nothing will happen in the series.
Ever again.

Do they come in oppai loli edition?

she's a pretty nice girl all things considered.

Hey!
Play Rockman no Constancy if you want more classic megaman.

You opened the gates…

What would they dispense?

Nothing, they just store terabytes upon terabytes of shota/loli porn to entertain her.

Also my contributions.

How would that work? Would she plug in with a USB to transfer or would it be via wifi?

Would she just be walking around cleaning the lab and everything as the wifi data slowly expands her bust outward?

Wifi, and that's one incredible idea~

A walking lolibot hotspot that think that she's only helping communications and networking around the place, unaware that encrypted files are downloading straight into her expansive storage

She must wonder why she needs ever increasing bra sizes until Dr. Light has to make the custom just for her.

Like she'd be wearing bras. The closest is a tank top from Powered Up

Better to have her interested in the stuff to the point of hogging it from you at times while others she'll spot something good and tell you about it; you'll even have someone to drool over the finds with.

Not gonna lie, I mostly come to MM threads for the lewds. So I would appreciate if the dump continued.

Is there anything that style can't make sexy?

It's too bad Z2 had the easiest final boss. If the room wasn't so large the final boss might have actually been challenging.

That's not saying much. I personally found the all final bosses from Zero to be pretty dissapointing difficulty-wise, with 4 being the exception

I usually hate that guy's art, but I sort of got a laugh out of this.

What the fuck

Mass Effect Androgyny.

It still fucks my shit up that Omega was on stupidity levels of X5's Zero fight

Rock Man 4 -infinity.

Well, it's because they interchanged this guy and the final bosses' stages.
That is why this guy has such fucking insane difficulty for a boss.

Nigga, what the fuck you sayin’?
Zero 4 has piss easy bosses, even on the highest difficulties.
Even after they removed the elemental chips to buff them.
The only decent bosses are Craft and Weil first form.
Weil second form is just a rehash of Omega's second form from Zero 3, albeit being made more cheap this time with a fucking two minute timer.

I think it’s partly because of the GBA’s inferior hardware
The problem with Omega Zero is that even though he has baller attacks, he is slow as fuck
He should’ve been swift like a bee
Play ZX if you want a satisfying fight; they learned from their mistakes and now Omega Zero fight is balls to the wall hard than Zero 3

Yeah, i'm partial with Weil's second form since i enjoyed Omega's second form a lot, for some reason, and i felt the timer gave it a sense of urgency