You Are The Vidya President

You have just been elected as the President of the entire video game industry.

Every developer, publisher, and journalist must abide by your rules.

What orders do you enact, what do you outlaw? Who gets pardoned, who gets punished?

How do you change video games forever?

Rule #1
Shit template threads are punishable by death.

Mandatory playthrough of La Mulana and EYE for all games journos to prove they aren't shit or at least can follow directions.
Abandon development of all xbox and win10 exclusives, port all PC games to loonix
denuvo, Hideo Kojima, "indie" games with communist undertones, paid shilling on message boards, Todd Howard
pre-MGSV Hideo Kojima, Notch, CDPR, whatever assholes made project cars
Everyone else.

You're trying too hard to fit in. Go back.

I'll pass a law to make vidya waifus real. I will outlaw 3DPD. The human race with die happily.

I decree that VNs are not vidya.

Why? How is a shitty Source mod at all relevant? Why not Deus Ex or Bloodlines instead, brouzouf?

Impeached.

This honestly would be the greatest thing ever.

the removal of Holla Forums
Holla Forums
nobody
Holla Forums
fuck videogames

This is how it ends isn't it. The cancers tells the user that it is the user and the user needs to leave.

Template threads don't stop being shit just because you told the person who told you to fuck off to fuck off. Fuck you.

I'm disappointed, I thought it was for vidya itself. I would've tripled XCOM's budget on my first term, decree Umbrella to manufacture genetically engineered cocksleeves for stress relief of eveyr human, and joyride in my custom mech FOR AMERICA.

Template threads aren't shit. This meme and the goons who keep it alive need to die.

So what makes it a template thread, then? I've been here since the first exodus and this is the first time I've seen this thread.

You should quit being such a liberal crybaby imo.

Crash the industry with no survivors. There's nothing of value left and what is of value already came out.

See this is what they do. They do something obviously not like what is typically done here and then they in group signal.

Anyone who disagrees with their bullshit must be out group.

Kill yourself.

Every video game studio gets ten-million dollars to make their next game. No more, no less. If you can get at least 20 people together to agree to quit their jobs and work on an indie game, you're in, too. Everyone has one year to make their game. When that year is up, the game is released in whatever state you got to. If it's still in beta, too fucking bad. Reviews of the games determine how much you get for your next game. If it's shit, you get two-million less for your next game; if it's good, you get two-million more. Rinse and repeat.

I have no fucking idea if this will actually improve anything, but it will be hilarious.

1 year dev cycles are one of the reasons why most shit AAA releases are so broken. It's more than enough for a game like streets of rage, but nowdays things are too complex to take so little time.

/thread

The reason they're so broken is because they put too much shit into them. Every single fucking game is a cinematic open-ended sandbox crafting/building/exploring/shooting RPG with magic and robots and aliens and monsters and zombies and ninjas. If you restrict their budget and their timetable, they will be forced to do things efficiently, just like with NES games.

Oh, I forgot one other restriction: all games must be less than 5GB, and that is ALL ASSETS, graphics and music included.

Well it's possible, but we'd go back to ps2 days which is not a bad thing but everything would have potato graphics.
Look at gta vice city for instance. It's development cycle was 10 months and most of the programming part of it was already done since at first it was only meant to be a gta3 expansion but they sold it as it's own thing. As with other GTA games it was and still is broken as fuck, too. At least it's fun

There's nothing wrong with potato graphics, especially when every AAA game puts 50% of the budget into graphics, 50% into marketing, and… oh fuck, there's nothing left for anything else. We'll get the producer's 13-year-old son to write the plot.

I love how asshurt this place gets over Notch. It's another example of why this place is fucked.
>Steals a bunch of ideas from wasted potential like dwarf fortress UI has nothing to do with it

The hivemind of Holla Forums has absolutely no solution to fixing this shit industry, because nobody outside of /agdg/ realizes games take a shitload of time, money, effort and talent. The only thing they can do is point and autistically screech at the masses who stole the AAA garbage, not realizing that indie-AA (aka the part of gaming that is forced to pander to niche Holla Forums-like audiences) is still a thing. Although, with the "I'll buy it if it's as autistic as I am" mentality it's no suprise the devs leave for reddit. Anyone who gets asspain because a dev leaves this place for another audience does not have a realistic idea of how the world works. Surprisingly enough unless you steal a god-tier minimalistic art style like notch did, you cannot make a full game on your own that isn't pixel shit and most people want to be paid. Where is that money coming from?

I forgot to mention. Notch is like the only example of someone successfully coming out of this place. A ton of studios have 1-hit wonders, but few can consecutively spit out good different titles. Unfortunately, with one new dev every 5 years it's unlikely that'll happen for a long time.

Stop overcomplicating shit to sound smart.
Games nowadays are shit because of moneyhungry suits and that's all.

So why do indie games suck minus a few.

Outlaw AAA games, if you get caught playing them you will be punished by getting yelled "Shill" to death, after that your corpse is gonna be feed to the niggers except for your ass which will be hanged on a wall to be publicly used as a cum dumpster

Checked
Notch worked on Wurm Online before minecraft was a thought in his head.

sanfran hipsters.
Ever saw a good hipster song? Me neither.

Because even those who are not the suit aspire to be the suit. That's why shit like Patreon and Kickstarter exist. That's why people want to get money thrown at them even for doing their hobbies, no matter how shitty they are at them.

They HAVE to make a Witcher 4 and put cyberpunk on hold. Only game since fucking Starflight at age 6 or 7 have really gotten into.

Pre-orders for digital games are outlawed
Exclusive shop/pre-order/anything DLC is outlawed
Day one DLC is outlawed
Microtransactions in full-priced games are outlawed
P2P connections in full-priced games are outlawed
Review copies must be sent out with at least a month before the game comes out. Review embargos are fine so long as they are out one week before release.
Suspicious reviews and game reviewers are to be investigated and possibly punished for collusion.
Feminist Frequency and all other malicious "content critiques" who take out of context game scenarios to fulfill false narratives are to be severely punished and ridiculed.
Games with false advertisement and outright lies in their advertised features are to be severely punished.
Single player games with always-online are to be severely punished.
Devs that abandon games with no options to play them (read: can no longer be played at all; Battleforge, Darkspore, Rising Thunder) are to be severely punished. An option for the games to still be played after they are no longer supported should be available.
Hand out incentives for games that are released DRM-free.
Hand out incentives for games that give players the ability to host their own dedicated servers.
Punish devs severely for arbitrary and player-punishing DRM (capital punishment for those actively involved with the creation of Denuvo).
Hand out incentives for devs who release games on more than one digital platform.
Hand out incentives for devs who release exclusive platform games on other platforms at a later date (no longer than two years).
Investigate and severely punish localizers who dramatically alter content and story of foreign games for no reason (Fire Emblem: Fates.)
Incentivize selling and availability of relatively old games (2-4 years) with the express goal of eliminating "lifetime sales on first two weeks". Attempt to make it similar to long life book sales.
Public domain rules reduced to fifteen years in video-games. Emulators and ROMs of old video-games are legal. Re-releasing hardware for sale with packaged games is fine.

Probably more but I guess this is fine for a start.

I would order the building of a time machine back to 2007 and change everything.

i dont see how making a few laws over 4-8 years is going to save video games, theres always going to remain ways to screw you over and people to misinterpret the laws