Holla Forums tries to make a videogame news/journalism site

How many times has this happened now? 2, 3 times? Why can't it ever work long term?

Other urls found in this thread:

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Holla
ask.fm/Evilagram
archive.is/Bv0s5#selection-487.99-487.115
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you ever noticed, whenever an user decides not to be anonymous, they turn into giant faggots.

The thing is, it wasn't actually that bad at first. A lot of nice OC was made. I don't know if unknown drama gets created though.

Pretty much. The kind of people who make these sites align more with twitter/reddit than Holla Forums.

Because things like this require time, dedication, and money, three things anons lack and just expect to magically appear through ad revenue despite the fact that their audience uses 100% adblockers.

Knowing when to stop? Sounds good to me.

"I'm shocked and amazed"

You also forget that Holla Forums is mostly comprised of people from dead-niche genres with extremely nit-picky taste that will find something to bitch about.

Basically why this game is doomed.

news*

do it user then - like a zero hedge for vidyas

Anons leave anonymity, they cease to be anons, and you gotta admit, even neets have lives, not even autism can cater to every niche unless its a collective effort and there's something to gain.

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Holla Forums%27s_Recommended_Games_Wiki

RIP

Oh yeah I remember that, It started out pretty gud but then turned into reddit trash because it was associated with a bunch of english Lit major drop outs like Action Points*, TheGamingBritShow and HyperBitHero. It suffered from pseudo intellectual Super Bunnyhop cancer. One hit wonders who fell for the intellectual sophist fedora tipping game review meme. They would have been much better if they stuck to a Classic game room formula.

* SPJ Airplay was pure subversion anyone who supported it deserves to be gassed.

Well there's your problem.

At least LewdGamer is still great.

Eh, it's dead?

It goes well at first*

technically the site's still alive with their boring-ass podcasts and Twitch streams; the closest thing to interesting was when their stream was playing old-ass PS1 demo disks

also GYP's articles were pretty boring tbh

anything with darak smart is bad news

You can't really make a site specifically for Holla Forums, since even if you count cuckchan there's only about 10.000 or so people here.

So you must appeal to normalfags and normalfags hate the Holla Forums attitude of "Every modern game is shit".

Did Niche Gamer become shit?

Because kikes at jewgle fuck up the SEO. You know they only promote the most pozzed websites.

hellow fellow channer.
I love that wiki too! its the best. #chanarmy

Nah, it is still one of the only sites that doesn't drink the kool-aid

Anons were always faggots, its just with a name comes reputation.

The problem was that they NEVER FUCKING POST ANYTHING.

Every single faggot involved in Gather Your Party had a good couple months where they were posting articles and making some pretty decent content… and then they stopped and switched to not posting anything unless it was a 40 minute+ dissertation about some shit, and even then only once a year.

Hard to imagine what it was they even wanted from such a thing. If they wanted a place to just write long-form reviews for people like us, then they just needed to keep doing that. If they wanted an alternative gaming site for faggots like us, then they were misguided. Constantly posting their content here would get annoying fast. If they try and shill on normalfag sites, they'd get banned… or just get no extra traffic because they produce so little content.

Honestly, I can't really understand what they were trying to do in the first place.

Fuck off, libtard

In other words, the few remaining people on this planet who still have worthwhile taste.

Professional critics are very good at their job. That does not mean their valuable work is valued or popular. It is only a minority that pays attention to truly qualified review.
People pretending to be professional critics are not necessarily even able to capture that audience, and let's face it, your favorite videogame here is shit, and you know it.

>SPJ Airplay had both in spades
pretty much sums it up

I would be willing to write reviews of random games i play. Sounds like fun. I was going to do one on spyro 3 but then things happened and i lost my notebook. My idea was to pick a random game from my library and play and review it.

This looks like it wasn't made by anons, looks like it was made by Redditors from /r/KiA or some shit.
Good thing it is dead.

This happens every time someone tries to make a server for a game on Holla Forums, look at the Space Station 13 threads for example.

They banned some guy for talking about jews and made insulting niggers against the rules because "advertisers will stop supporting them if they don't". Make of that what you will.

because we already have Holla Forums for that purpose

Because most of you aren't here by choice, but because you are hopelessly socially crippled and anonymity acts as your crutch. Whenever you are in a social situation and have a bit of power, you have no practice in wielding it, and so abuse it. It's that simple.

Chris Wagar still updates his ask.fm. He's kind of an arrogant twat but he gives good technical analysis of new and old vidya.

ask.fm/Evilagram

Stopped reading there

if you never noticed anons are all giant faggots

Everyone just lost their motivation to write. That's literally what went wrong with it. Nobody had any ideas, a lot of the older standbys would do projects, then forget to stick them up on the site. The founder of the site stopped writing or being involved with the site after the first year, but refused to cede power to anyone else. It's really as simple as that, people not being motivated to create content.

You know GYP didn't run ads, right? Nobody was paid. It was all purely volunteer work. Later on some people suggested that the lack of payment was why nobody had motivation to write.

I'd say this is fairly accurate. I've run into it on a few occasions. Chat rooms, server talk, private discords and IRC channels. It can be comfy, but eventually a handful of 5 or 6 cunts will rise to the top by virtue of constantly being there, and they will all develop really obnoxious personalities or just turn into meme-spouting faggots who are all trying to show each other how edgy they are.

looking around to the other pro-consumer websites, half of them are almost dead.

hello goon

Came here to say this.
LewdGamer is doing great.

I want a gaming websites that shows me the babes from a gamescom and calls out shitty/buggy AAA games …..again.

Weren't they accused of playing softball when it came to advertisers like Nutaku?

Pretty much.

Chris Wagar's writing (un)intentionally gives me PTSD flashbacks of those garbage TL;DR-tier posts that ActionButton.net had before they died. It's like all of the fart sniffing of 2000s Game blogs, but with the insincerity and bitter whining of every imageboard poster ever (ex. me).

For as much as the advertising and marketing bux flow into 90% of games websites, the one solid positive of websites like Kill Screen and Game Bias is how they're much less believing of their own delusions, and don't just shit out homemade academic jargon, and want every other living person to use their retarded meth recipes as 'the greatest'.

Because there should be no video game journalism.
Let it all dissolve into the primordial unconscience.

That just sounds like basic "social contract" shit but i know how much Holla Forums hates socializing.

As if you read it at all

t. goon

yes
see and this
archive.is/Bv0s5#selection-487.99-487.115