I've been listening to a lot of ambiance for games like Doom 64, and Quake 1 recently...

I've been listening to a lot of ambiance for games like Doom 64, and Quake 1 recently, and was wondering if there were any other games with similar OSTs. Anyone here played any games with dark, foreboding ambient soundtracks?

Pic unrelated.

here's some examples.

PSX Doom had a really good OST too. Arguably some of Hodges' best work.

Don't worry, some Holla Forums bros are sitting here too.

I'm not lefty pol, I just like fucking with spergy poltards

Holy fuck, this is great

Silent storm is a perfect game in every way. Including soundtrack.

You will convert soon, comrade. Hating Holla Forums is first step.

Doom PSX is the best one I know of. I wish there were more full ambient soundtracks. A lot of games come close but back out of and end up going too musical. Pleb-tier examples of that are Silent Hill 1-4, STALKER, Diablo 1 and 2 to a lesser degree.

Funnily enough I've been playing a lot of Call of Chernobyl on the survival mode and once your NPC companions die, stuff like PSX Doom can make the game tense as all hell. The air began to feel pretty thick during nights, especially during emissions and psi-storms.

I feel like PSX Doom is the height of Aubrey Hodges' career, because after a while a lot of his music just all sounds the same because he uses the same samples. There's very few tracks that are memorable and stand out in Quake 64 and Quake 2 64, compared to almost every track being super heavy, atmospheric, and memorable in PSX Doom.

I really wish there was more music in this style. It fits spooky shit so damn well.

I don't like politics. I just wanna sit and talk about games with my lover

I'm glad you're not a fag about your political views though. I like leftypol guys more than pol guys

As a Holla Forumsack I can vouch for this
"I hate the right/left but I'm not left/right-wing" people are on their way to polarization

Why would you have that saved on your computer?

I mean, I used to be ultra right, gas the jews this, jews control everything that, but stopped giving a shit after a while and just mellowed out. After I realized that all the stuff I screamed about legitimately never affected me, anyone I cared about, and a lot of people I didn't care about, and pretty much didn't exist, I just chilled out and started playing video games more.

Life's good when you stop pretending things are worse than they really are.

see

Wow, looks like we've pretty much just stopped pretending this is a video game thread pretty quickly then.

"yeah this totally isn't video games"
ok fag

Speaking of Aubrey Hodges, did anyone else feel like Quake 2's OST was kind of lackluster? It doesn't really stick with me and after a while I just felt like it wasn't there half the time.

You already admitting you like political baiting and ruined your own thread on purpose right from the beginning. Good job.

Do convince the leftyfags on this board to go ahead and transition so they can get on with their bullet eating a lot sooner.

Is this one of those on topic posts I've been hearing so much about?

I don't want to gas the Jews, they just have to go back.
On a more topical note, Fire Emblem 8 has some pretty foreboding background music, but you could hardly call it ambient.

It's certainly got a foreboding feel to it, but yeah, it's not all that ambient.

I'm actually curious if there's any games on the SNES or GBA that use audio samples to make ambient spooky shit.

Yup, no surprise a commiekike in denial would enjoy it.

They're both faggots and should die in a fire.
First we have the retards that recruit from leddit and facefuck.
And the retards with muh superior white genetics, even though most of the userbase is comprised of meme-spouting, non-whites and ugly fucks, as HWNDU confirmed.
Their petty squabbles and shit-flinging are ocassionally entertaing, but most of the time it's annoying. They're cancer and I wish they'd stay on their respective containment boards.

WHITES ARE GONNA DIE OUT IN THE NEXT COUPLE HUNDRED OF YEARS.
COMMUNISM IS A RETARDED SYSTEM THAT WILL NEVER FAIL TO BE A TOTAL FAILURE.
KILL YOURSELVES.

Deus Ex's music had that foreboding feel.

go back to facebook

also, don't pollute the Godsend that is a cute boy dressing as Shimakaze with shitty leftist memes, faggot.

Why? Traps are progressive, according to leftards.